PDA

View Full Version : Did you ever tryed to Cosplay before?

Haruka
October 23rd, 2004, 06:17 PM
What is Cosplaying: Dressing up as a Anime Character (physically in real life. It's popular in Japan....

More infomation at : lnik (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cosplay) or use Google (Google is your friend)

and NOT english Cartoons (like the Simpsons) or non-anime.

Well, in my experience, I never cosplay in my life, but it would be nice though. ^_^

Brittany
October 23rd, 2004, 06:23 PM
Halloween? XD
I can't think of any other examples. You should have Halloween on the list though

DragonTrainer
October 23rd, 2004, 06:24 PM
Yea, I'd be shot, and I'd be the one doing the shooting xD

Haruka
October 23rd, 2004, 06:25 PM
lol, no... on a daily bases, not just Halloween. =p..

100marios
October 23rd, 2004, 06:31 PM
Ah, no, I never have, but I've always wanted to! There are several characters from different animes and such that I think I hold a strong resemblance to, so it would be fun to dress up like them. I wanted to come up with an outfit that looked like Lloyd Irving from Tales of Symphonia in time for Halloween, so I could walk around in that... but everyone would probably mistake me for some strange monster or something, hehe. Ah well, it would be cool to do someday!

Kayleigh
October 23rd, 2004, 06:41 PM
Well, one of my friends and I thought of dressing up as two of the characters from Tokyo Mew Mew that we were most like. I was going to be Ichigo, and she was going to be Mint! But, unfortunately, that planned failed because their costumes were just too difficult to make, lol. Plus we'd look dumb. XD

I can't really think of any other time that I've actually tried to cosplay before. I thought of making some costumes for Halloween, but I doubt I'd have enough time now. ^_^;

John Denver
October 23rd, 2004, 06:42 PM
I would dress up as Tenchi Muyo, thats all I know...

or Homer Simpson, Simpsons is an anime isn't it? ISN'T IT!?!?

BOO ya!

DragonTrainer
October 23rd, 2004, 06:45 PM
Dude, homer simpson, or PETER GRIFFIN! OR CARTMAN!!!!!111111111

Haruka
October 23rd, 2004, 07:05 PM
Simpsons aren't made in Japan.... =p.... lol

I am not counting american or english cartoons, only Japanese Anime....

DragonTrainer
October 23rd, 2004, 07:08 PM
Homer, PEter, and Cartman> All japanese anime

Haruka
October 23rd, 2004, 07:12 PM
=D.... whatever....

well, I should tell what I wished I want to cosplay...

Haruka/May....

22sa
October 23rd, 2004, 08:59 PM
Yea, I'd be shot, and I'd be the one doing the shooting xDlol, As if it's as bad as if you suddenly turned gay or something.... :P

I've only watched cosplayed. Only the cosplay pics online looked interesting though. I hardly ever see any nice Pokemon ones, though, er... Zapchu was fine though of course.

It'd be so nice if making the costumes where more doable. I'd probably want to dress up as a Street Fighter.

Zapchu
October 23rd, 2004, 09:05 PM
:S I'm cosplaying Pokemon characters...Haruka and Team Magma. Other anime is Tales of Symphonia and Tales of Phantasia.

I'm not really into any other anime...the costumes don't appeal to me as much. *me loves Klarth from Tales of Phantasia* I guess if...I could, I'd cosplay a Naruto character, not sure which one though. Pick the ugliest girl and you've got it, oh that makes it Orochimaru. XD Hahaha...just kidding.

dumbthingy
October 24th, 2004, 01:09 AM
No, I think it would be embarrassing and people would laugh at me. I saw a TV report on cosplaying in Japan once [with a girl playing Officer Jenny] and thought "wtf are they doing?"...

Mr Cat Dog
October 24th, 2004, 02:06 AM
There's hardly any Japanese anime on where I live. Even on Sky or cable or something. All there is is Beyblade and Duel Masters on 5 and Pokemon on Sky One. It's also not something that's incredibly popular. If anyone actually did go around they would receive some very freaky looks from the public *imagines an Inuyasha character going into Woolworths* XD

Also, I wouldn't particularly want to do it, since I don't watch any anime, and I don't want to be on the receiving end of weird looks.

espeon and umbreon
October 24th, 2004, 02:13 AM
No never. I wish though, even if it was embarassing.

TRIFORCE89
October 24th, 2004, 07:20 AM
I'd like to cosplay as Ganondorf when I tag along wiht Lightning to some anime cons next year...but I can't. My mom is odd, she's anti-fun Japanese things. Which is why I don't watch anime. Going to this con and the fact that I can play video games is a wonder.

Ninja Retsu
October 24th, 2004, 04:43 PM
Cosplay? I would like... But,I never try. My parents don't like.

Haruka
October 24th, 2004, 05:08 PM
Parents... but you can do it later when you are an adult...

but I can't, my parents won't let me. =/ and it will take alot of time from my life... ^_^

I will just enjoy life as my cute, beautiful, self. ^_^ *glomps everyone*

jynx
October 25th, 2004, 11:41 AM
Ya...once.
But it was REALLY RUBBISH.
I tried to vomit when I see my photo

Cherrim
October 25th, 2004, 03:33 PM
Oh! Pick me! *waves hand around* I've cosplayed!

=3 I went as a really (bad~ XD) Yami no Malik for the anime con in May and I went as Kairi for the con just this past August. Not "our" Kairi, but the one from Kingdom Hearts. :3 I'm using the outfit again for Hallowe'en, too. x3

Zapchu
October 25th, 2004, 03:38 PM
Oh! Pick me! *waves hand around* I've cosplayed!

=3 I went as a really (bad~ XD) Yami no Malik for the anime con in May and I went as Kairi for the con just this past August. Not "our" Kairi, but the one from Kingdom Hearts. :3 I'm using the outfit again for Hallowe'en, too. x3

When you first said that I was thinking of Abby. :X Hehheh...

Cherrim
October 25th, 2004, 03:38 PM
=X I could never cosplay her... I'm not tall enough. XD

Haruka
October 25th, 2004, 03:44 PM
o.o.... Well, I'm too old for the character I want to cosplay..

XD.... I'm 5 years older... next 6 more years older.. X_X

Cherrim
October 25th, 2004, 03:46 PM
*shrugs* Age doesn't matter. o_O Haruka looks like a teen anyway. <_<;

TRIFORCE89
October 25th, 2004, 03:48 PM
*shrugs* Age doesn't matter. o_O Haruka looks like a teen anyway. <_<;
Indeed. I want to cosplay as Ganondorf, but I am nowhere near 100+ years of age! Or am I...some of you think I'm 90 years old after all. *shifty eyes*

Zapchu
October 25th, 2004, 03:48 PM
o_O; I cosplayed as her...and I'm like...9 years or 10? years older...

Kairi
October 25th, 2004, 04:28 PM
Erica, you could borrow Sawah’s really tall boots. They’d help you get closer to my height. XD

I’ve never cosplayed. My parents would see it as a waste of time, plus no one I know could help me with a costume. And then I don’t have a lot of characters I’d go as much less a con to do it. o_o;

Dark Magician
October 25th, 2004, 04:33 PM
I've cosplay Wess, and Ash, it's kind uf fun, ya know?

Eliana
October 25th, 2004, 04:39 PM
I've dressed up as Pikachu. Does that count? XD Other then that not really...:P

Haruka
October 25th, 2004, 05:31 PM
>_>.. but If I was cosplaying, I would glomp everyone... XD

j/k.... =p..

Cherrim
October 26th, 2004, 04:48 AM
Erica, you could borrow Sawahs really tall boots. Theyd help you get closer to my height. XD
o.o;; Eww... boots. <_< I'd probably kill myself in them. xD I've only ever worn running shoes (other than the icky school shoes =x)
>_>.. but If I was cosplaying, I would glomp everyone... XD

j/k.... =p..<3 But glomping is the best part!!

Spectrum
October 26th, 2004, 05:10 AM
O_o; Yes she does.

I've never tried cosplaying. No anime conventions close enough to bother. But my ex-friend likes to cosplay as Sailor Moon with her friends and run around London being... weird. XD

Haruka
October 26th, 2004, 11:06 AM
yup... ^_^

I luv glomping... XD.... *glomps everyone*

Zapchu
October 26th, 2004, 11:45 AM
Kairi...I don't think anyone can get close to your height without tripping over and getting hit by oncoming cars. :S For me I'd need like 1 foot platform shoes.

Cherrim
October 26th, 2004, 11:48 AM
=x Me too, Zappy. But we would be taller if one of us sat on eachother's shoulders. xD

Oh, and walking around in downtown areas decked out in costume is the GREATEST. ~_^ My friends and I got the strangest looks when we walked into the Tim Horton's. =3

Zapchu
October 26th, 2004, 11:52 AM
=x Me too, Zappy. But we would be taller if one of us sat on eachother's shoulders. xD

Oh, and walking around in downtown areas decked out in costume is the GREATEST. ~_^ My friends and I got the strangest looks when we walked into the Tim Horton's. =3

^_^; That sounds fun...I was always thinking about wearing costumes to school everyday. Since...this is a free country and we can express ourselves in anyway. xD Even if it means cosplaying as characters on regular non-event days.

In Japan, you have to walk into the convetions wearing regular clothes, then change at the convention. You aren't allowed to participate if you don't have a costume, but you can rent props and costumes are the event. Then, you have to change back into regular clothes before walking out. o-o;; I remember this from somewhere, but I forgot where. xD Perhaps someone posted a link to it somewhere here...or it's just one of my wacky dreams. O_O;

Hex Maniac
October 26th, 2004, 12:05 PM
i'm doing a team magma cosplay for halloween since I don't have any anime conventions near where I live :(. I'm really excited as its my first cosplay!

Jeremy
October 26th, 2004, 01:01 PM
I have cosplayed a few times before. Let's see I have been:
Ash (Old and new.) Gold, Cobalt, Ice.
FYI: This is Ice. Cobalt is Jeremy *Points to sig.*. XD

Dark Magician
October 26th, 2004, 09:11 PM
When I cosplayed Wess was easy, but when I tryed ash I spended lots of time with my hair, you know, is sort of long, so I had a hard time.

Lucy Lu
October 27th, 2004, 02:24 AM
I never cosplayed, but it will be nice. I would like to dress up like Sailor Moon, Misty, or May.. :/