PDA

View Full Version : Suggestion: Group/Club Advertisement & Announcement Thread(possibly forum)

Spartacus
February 1st, 2010, 12:53 PM
So, I was thinking about how people ask others to join groups for different reasons, asking them to Co-own for a possibility. Well, maybe we could have either a sticky or sub-forum for that kinda stuff. Firstly, it'll be easier to find people for different reasons and availability of the groups. Also, it would save your time rather than asking other people to do various things for the group. I know there are social groups, but lets be honest, we don't really look at those even if were part of the group. Another reason would be that, if your thinking of starting a group, you could get any planning done in that area aswell.

What do you think?

Noah Ridgewood
February 1st, 2010, 01:03 PM
I don't really understand what you're trying to suggest. The only thing I understand is that you want there to be a thread to advertise groups and ask people to join... which seems unnecessary considering the fact that there's nothing in the rules that says that you can't go to someone's profile and ask if they can join your group. It's not as if you're asking them to join your forum or website... so you shouldn't feel as though its something you shouldn't be doing.

I know you ruled out social groups because nobody really uses them, but if you'd like, you can always create a social group for people interested in getting started creating a group; be it a thread or an actual social group, where they can hold discussions on getting started with creating a group, setting it up, getting members to join the group, and building it to become active. A sub forum for advertisements seems to be a bit much considering the thread itself can be considered an advertisement and you can do it all in your group thread, as its been done in the past. :/