PDA

View Full Version : [B/W] The Generation Five Speculation Thread

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29

Serene Grace
February 2nd, 2010, 09:00 AM
This thread is replacing the previous Generation 5 thread since it was quite old. Anyway, this is the Generation 5 thread. A thread where any discussion, speculation, thoughts or suggestions about the new generation of Pokemon are placed. Feel free to ask questions or post any news and snippets that you've seen lying around so we can have fun discussions about them.

Have fun chatting!

kohei
February 2nd, 2010, 09:10 AM
For the sake of it, that fan made magazine scan (http://i190.photobucket.com/albums/z288/niwatorimeat/Poke5.jpg).

I definitely want to see an evolved Farfetch'd and Delibird though, so I hope GF really does something like this.
It's about time we got a non-uber flying, freezing Pokemon. And Farfetch'd will be filled with awesome if it does evolve.

Serene Grace
February 2nd, 2010, 09:13 AM
That Farfetch'd and Delibird scan actually look like the two coolest flying types I've seen since Pidgeot. Seriously, if those Pokemon are based on the rest of generation 5's design then I will be majorly impressed.

pokefangunner
February 2nd, 2010, 09:14 AM
Well On Pokemon Sunday this weekend most likely the guy is going to reveal the full title of the new movie, Introduce the new games by game freak, and probably reveal 2 to 3 new pokemon!

kohei
February 2nd, 2010, 09:18 AM
That Farfetch'd and Delibird scan actually look like the two coolest flying types I've seen since Pidgeot. Seriously, if those Pokemon are based on the rest of generation 5's design then I will be majorly impressed.
Sometimes, a fan knows best what a fan wants.

Serene Grace
February 2nd, 2010, 09:20 AM
Well On Pokemon Sunday this weekend most likely the guy is going to reveal the full title of the new movie, Introduce the new games by game freak, and probably reveal 2 to 3 new pokemon!
I don't think that they'll release that much in one episode. If they did have all that news, they would spread it out within three to four episodes to keep the suspense up.

demonmike
February 2nd, 2010, 09:29 AM
For the sake of it, that fan made magazine scan (http://i190.photobucket.com/albums/z288/niwatorimeat/Poke5.jpg).

I definitely want to see an evolved Farfetch'd and Delibird though, so I hope GF really does something like this.
It's about time we got a non-uber flying, freezing Pokemon. And Farfetch'd will be filled with awesome if it does evolve.

Thumbs up for a really good genuine looking art style for the Pokemon, who ever made it..

So, whats the rumour mill saying? Possible revealing on Pokemon Sunday?

Myles
February 2nd, 2010, 09:33 AM
Let's see, what do I want to see in the next generation...

- More battle animations. Mainly some or all Pokemon having slight animations just while sitting there. For example Zubat flapping their wings. I'd also like to see 'getting hit' and fainting animations for Pokemon. But that might take up a fair bit of room in the DS cart. :P
- Following Pokemon making a return. Also IV breeding items like in HGSS should make a return. As well as apricorns making a return.
- An IV cap. For example, while you can have a maximum of 31 IVs in a particular stat. But only a total of 124. Obviously how Hidden Power is calculated would need to be reworked.
- The RNG being reseeded on start-up again. every saving method being properly checked for duplication glitches. Abilities being constantly updated based on their personality value so that we don't have to worry about WonderTombs.
- More legendaries. One in an Unknown Dungeon sort of thing, one required for the story, one in a spin-off game, one event only Pokemon and all the rest being optainable in-game via side quests. If Nintendo want more events, they can use old generation Pokemon.
- More modes in the Battle Frontier. That is open level and six Pokemon teams. And more online play in the Battle Frontier.
- Heaps to do after the Pokemon League. Platinum's about right. That is an extra area with heaps of stuff and a Battle Frontier.

That's all I can think of at the moment.

インフェルノの津波
February 2nd, 2010, 09:35 AM
Here's an idea:

When they re-make ruby and sapphire, the Trick House will be back, and the Trick Master will give out Trick Room! Awesome, right?

Mew~
February 2nd, 2010, 09:36 AM

Woah, those both look great :) But i htink the delibird evos necks is a bit too long (even longer in the back sprite) and the other one looks like its from naruto

Myles
February 2nd, 2010, 09:38 AM
I. Would. So. Love. A. Farfetch'd. Evo.

It might even surpass Crobat as my favourite Pokemon.

インフェルノの津波
February 2nd, 2010, 09:39 AM

Holy ****, where'd you find that?!?!?! How'd those awesome tiles get there?!?!!?

Dang, I don't fully believe it, but....WHOA!

Serene Grace
February 2nd, 2010, 09:43 AM
What do you guys think about adding another always available shiny Pokemon, like the Red Gyarados from Johto?

インフェルノの津波
February 2nd, 2010, 09:48 AM
Yeah, I would like that.

The only problem is that then noobs would use it endlessly, like the Red Gyarados.

Tyranitar Trainer
February 2nd, 2010, 10:27 AM
WOW that scan looks real can anyone translate the text?
I would love another always shiny pokemon but like the above poster said it would be overused by noobs
P.S I'm new here so hi, some of you may have seen me on Serebii

Moltres111
February 2nd, 2010, 10:36 AM
I'd go loolololololol if Farfetch'd got an evolution in Gen V. It doesen't need it. Farfy is just a novelty pokemon anyway.

Seriously, Gen IV introduced enough evolutions already. Porygon2 didn't really need an evolution. It was epic enough already.

Sora's Nobody
February 2nd, 2010, 10:48 AM
Man those scans look real!

I'd go loolololololol if Farfetch'd got an evolution in Gen V. It doesen't need it. Farfy is just a novelty pokemon anyway.

Seriously, Gen IV introduced enough evolutions already. Porygon2 didn't really need an evolution. It was epic enough already. Yeah that porygon was a filler pokemon, its just a flying porygon 2 (pretty much).

Åzurε
February 2nd, 2010, 10:54 AM
Man those scans look real!

Yeah that porygon was a filler pokemon, its just a flying porygon 2 (pretty much).

My Niprop senses are tingling!

I wouldn't mind another shiny or something. I still require a first-person camera at some point, though. And perhaps a four-wheeler of some kind. Epic transport is epic.

Charmageddon
February 2nd, 2010, 11:23 AM
Those Farfetch'd and Delibird evos look pretty darn cool actually.

So, what do you guys reckon we'll see on Sunday? The starters? A legendary? An evolution of an old Pokemon? A prevolution? A new and unrelated Pokemon?

pokefangunner
February 2nd, 2010, 11:29 AM
I would like to see a Gengar evo.

Sora's Nobody
February 2nd, 2010, 11:33 AM
My Niprop senses are tingling!

I wouldn't mind another shiny or something. I still require a first-person camera at some point, though. And perhaps a four-wheeler of some kind. Epic transport is epic.Yeah, you're right we demand EPIC transportation

Those Farfetch'd and Delibird evos look pretty darn cool actually.

So, what do you guys reckon we'll see on Sunday? The starters? A legendary? An evolution of an old Pokemon? A prevolution? A new and unrelated Pokemon?They would never start by showing off the starters, if they really do show something it will probably be like the kind they showed for D/P wasnt that bidoof, well that kind of pokemon. But then again we need to bear in mind that this is gonna be a pokemon that is gonna be in the movie so it'll probably be a pokemon owned by a trainer for battle, so it'll probably not be a bidoof-ish pokemon (I pity the person using a Bidoof-ish pokemon for battle)

I would like to see a Gengar evo.Im a 100% sure that their wont be a gengar evo, their is simply no need for. It would mean that gastly would evolve 3 times wich would be a first for any pokemon.

Emotion.
February 2nd, 2010, 11:41 AM
Just no, for the Delibird and Farfetch'd evolutions, they're so un-needed, they're only novelty pokemon. I'd prefer a Mr.Mime and Jynx evolution than either of those.

pokefangunner
February 2nd, 2010, 11:46 AM
Yeah, you're right we demand EPIC transportation

They would never start by showing off the starters, if they really do show something it will probably be like the kind they showed for D/P wasnt that bidoof, well that kind of pokemon. But then again we need to bear in mind that this is gonna be a pokemon that is gonna be in the movie so it'll probably be a pokemon owned by a trainer for battle, so it'll probably not be a bidoof-ish pokemon (I pity the person using a Bidoof-ish pokemon for battle)

Im a 100% sure that their wont be a gengar evo, their is simply no need for. It would mean that gastly would evolve 3 times wich would be a first for any pokemon.

Doesent ralts evolve more than3 times?

Hospitaller
February 2nd, 2010, 11:49 AM
Whilst the two scans do look awesome, I think that there will certainly be a mix of Cool looking Pokemon and... Bidoofs.
Gr.
Anyway, I would like to see a lot more Fire types, there are so few...
I know I should probably say that about Dark, Dragon and Ghost types too, but it's against my views to use them, so... Meh.

Sora's Nobody
February 2nd, 2010, 12:01 PM
Doesent ralts evolve more than3 times?Yeo you're right and i would also say galade was an uneeded filler aswell, but it evolve throught a stone, i guess they could do the same with gengar, but i would say that gengar is awesome enough as it is

Whilst the two scans do look awesome, I think that there will certainly be a mix of Cool looking Pokemon and... Bidoofs.
Gr.
Anyway, I would like to see a lot more Fire types, there are so few...
I know I should probably say that about Dark, Dragon and Ghost types too, but it's against my views to use them, so... Meh.Yep we need more fire types! That is actually an emergency

Emotion.
February 2nd, 2010, 12:02 PM
Yeo you're right and i would also say galade was an uneeded filler aswell, but it evolve throught a stone, i guess they could do the same with gengar, but i would say that gengar is awesome enough as it is

So going by the Ralts logic with the stones, we should get some kind of female looking Ghost?

Charmageddon
February 2nd, 2010, 12:52 PM
Doesent ralts evolve more than3 times?

No, it can only evolve twice, but it has the option to evolve into one of two Pokemon the second time. It still only has three evolutionary stages (see also Poliwag and Oddish).

So it would be possible (but unlikely) for Hauter to get an alternate evo, but Gengar will not evolve.

rocky505
February 2nd, 2010, 12:55 PM
Please have a Dark gym, and a zangoose and seviper evolution, A dragon and steel Eeveelution.

Sora's Nobody
February 2nd, 2010, 01:16 PM
Also adding to people often saying that they should change the starter types, i really dont think they are gonna change it, they are very well balanced.

rocky505
February 2nd, 2010, 01:24 PM
No new types are needed and I'm sure they won't change the starter types.

Akari
February 2nd, 2010, 01:31 PM
I just want to see more good fire and grass types. Even though Sinnoh wasn't too great, I think it's still too early for a remake of Ruby and Sapphire; I still have Sapphire around and use it regularly when I'm in the mood for some handheld. A new region would satisfy me greatly.

Also, Flare Blitzing Flareon now, please? :/

Spikey-Eared Pichu
February 2nd, 2010, 03:43 PM
D= That scan looks so professional. I would totally use Farfetch'd and Delibird if they evolved into those Pokemon! Some things I'm hoping to see:

-Customizable Trainers
-Pokemon in the style shown in that fan-scan.
-An event Pokemon that is always shiny.
-A Legendary Pokemon that is tyed to the Unknown in some way.
-No Battle Fronteir/Tower.

Wings Don't Cry
February 2nd, 2010, 03:54 PM
Whoever said Customizable Trainers, I like your way of thinking. It'd be nice to see customizable trainers, I'm sick of seeing Cowboys and Ace Trainers in the Wi-Fi room. But of course this might be a bit too much for the DS Cart and causing the game to run slowly(maybe just for the old DS).

D= That scan looks so professional. I would totally use Farfetch'd and Delibird if they evolved into those Pokemon! Some things I'm hoping to see:

-Customizable Trainers
-Pokemon in the style shown in that fan-scan.
-An event Pokemon that is always shiny.
-A Legendary Pokemon that is tied to the Unown in some way.
-No Battle Fronteir/Tower.

Isn't Entei tied to the Unown since in the Unown Pokedex one of the entries spell out Entei?

Haza
February 2nd, 2010, 03:57 PM
The text at the very bottom of that scan is funny. Pokomon, Nintondo, Greatures! haha. Man I really want a Dark/Light theme this time around, as apposed to Time/Space and Land/Sea, and Sky/Sea(or whatever it was in Johto)... It seems so fitting at this point.

Whoever said Customizable Trainers, I like your way of thinking. It'd be nice to see customizable trainers, I'm sick of seeing Cowboys and Ace Trainers in the Wi-Fi room. But of course this might be a bit too much for the DS Cart and causing the game to run slowly(maybe just for the old DS).

Isn't Entei tied to the Unown since in the Unown Pokedex one of the entries spell out Entei?

Mot really. A golden, Legendary Unown mass would be awesome!

Spikey-Eared Pichu
February 2nd, 2010, 04:19 PM
Like:

http://www.pokegraph.com/galeries/albums/mages/Orakey_by_MagesPages.jpg

This thing? It is epic.

Kirbychu
February 2nd, 2010, 04:21 PM
I think a dark/light theme would be nice. I don't see how they could really do something crazier than time and space.

Anyways, here's a thought.

As you may know, GF bases Pokemon regions off areas in Japan. (http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Pok%C3%A9mon_world_in_relation_to_the_real_world)

I think it's getting a little old. Maybe they could base the new region on some other area in the world? As you can see by the map on the page, they're running out of areas. ._. IMO, each region is pretty dull geographically, barring Hoenn.

How about a real mountainous region or one based on the Serengeti? Why do they limit themselves to Japan? There's a whole world for them to use! Or better yet, they can actually create something from scratch.

countryemo
February 2nd, 2010, 04:31 PM
Yes Dark/Light, wow my hacks idea...

i think they did that in sinnoh,

pokefangunner
February 2nd, 2010, 04:34 PM
Like:

http://www.pokegraph.com/galeries/albums/mages/Orakey_by_MagesPages.jpg

This thing? It is epic.

PokeFanGunner- I LOVE THIS!

Haza
February 2nd, 2010, 04:35 PM
Yes Dark/Light, wow my hacks idea...

i think they did that in sinnoh,

Umm, the closet thing would be Cresselia/Darkrai but I mean something more epic. The main legendary trio, and the third could be balance.

Wings Don't Cry
February 2nd, 2010, 04:49 PM
I think it's about time we got a new Electric Legendary, one that can compete with the uber tier. I want to see an Electric Legendary in Gen V maybe with a decent rock legendary. Regirock just doesn't cut it.

Kirbychu
February 2nd, 2010, 04:49 PM
^Yes, we need more electric types!

Umm, the closet thing would be Cresselia/Darkrai but I mean something more epic. The main legendary trio, and the third could be balance.
If they threw in tons of Dark Pokemon to fit the theme, most of the fanbase would be overjoyed. From what I remember, most people wanted more Dark and fire types. What would a light legendary be? Psychic? Fire? Both? I think that's an awesome combo. What could "balance" be? Dark Psychic? Then again, a 4x Bug weak legend is kind of funny.

Wings Don't Cry
February 2nd, 2010, 04:55 PM
[QUOTE=Kirbychu;5518618 I think that's an awesome combo. What could "balance" be? Dark Psychic? Then again, a 4x Bug weak legend is kind of funny.[/QUOTE]

Before GenIV being weak to bug is meaningless but with all the new bug moves and changes to old bug pokemon and added bug pokemon, it's pretty dangerous for a Pokemon to be 4x weak to bug.

Kirbychu
February 2nd, 2010, 05:03 PM
Before GenIV being weak to bug is meaningless but with all the new bug moves and changes to old bug pokemon and added bug pokemon, it's pretty dangerous for a Pokemon to be 4x weak to bug.
Well, a Dark/Psychic would have no weaknesses and an immunity besides the 4x effective Bug. I think it could balance itself out.

Haza
February 2nd, 2010, 05:10 PM
Im still a fan of the the light type being introduced but I dont see that happening this gen...

Spikey-Eared Pichu
February 2nd, 2010, 05:34 PM
A Dark/Light type would be...interesting. The 4x Bug-weakness would be a big issue (Watch them do it and make the 'cute' legendary be part Bug-Type ;>_+)

Other than the lgendaries, I want a theme based on the Sun and Moon. Light and Darkness is too vague, like what is Light and Darkness? Are we talking the day and night thing? Or the virtues of being good versus the malicious intents of evil/darkness? We'll most likely be seeing something based of the Sun and Moon or Day and Night with a middle Pokemon being either the Equinox Pokemon, or the Twilight Pokemon.

Kirbychu
February 2nd, 2010, 05:55 PM
Sun vs. Moon seems like it could spawn a some rather predictable evil teams. It could be like team Magma and Aqua, only with eternal day/night. Solrock and Lunatone come to mind for some reason...

Spikey-Eared Pichu
February 2nd, 2010, 06:42 PM
Same here. I see a battle ensuing on a Solrock/Lunatone-shaped starcruiser against the Admin and then crash landing on some asteroid where the version legendary is held...That actually sounds interesting 0.0

Myles
February 2nd, 2010, 07:19 PM
I like that Orakey.

To the people saying Farfetch'd and Delibird don't need evolutions because they're novelty Pokemon. That's exactly why they need them. They're too weak on their own. Why would Jynx or Mr. Mime need an evolution?

JTrainer
February 2nd, 2010, 08:29 PM
What I want to see is Blaziken learning Close Combat (make him a little more even with Infernape)!

Also, more pokemon learning Aura Sphere (or at least special fighting move more accurate than Focus Blast). Gardevoir would look cool using it.

I also hope they add a light type. And a special version of the move Dragon Dance wouldn't hurt either.

JP
February 2nd, 2010, 08:35 PM

Wow. I was never too keen on seeing an evo for Delibird but after seeing those two evolutions, I definitely want them now lol. Some great stuff, hope we see something similar if we get evolutions.

Haza
February 2nd, 2010, 09:00 PM
Sun and Moon is an even better idea o elaborate the Light and Darkness thing. Im so excitede to see the major theme now.

Soul Silver
February 3rd, 2010, 04:32 AM
Yeah I want a dark gym as well, as well as some non starter fire types to catch. Would love them to shake things up and give us something different to the fire/water/grass starter combo but that might be going against the grain too much. If the theme is light and dark then I'ld love a Dark/Dragon type because that has the potential to be epic. That and a Fire/Dragon typing although I wouldn't be against a new type being introduced I reckon they would save that for a next gen handheld.

Hatenko
February 3rd, 2010, 05:12 AM

That just looks too much like Fakemon to get excited over.

BlueEew
February 3rd, 2010, 05:34 AM
Well I guess it's official now, the 5th Generation as been announced.

Peeky Chew
February 3rd, 2010, 05:41 AM
http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h5/jippily/Farftechd.png
This has to be in the 5th gen!

Flandre Scarlet
February 3rd, 2010, 06:00 AM
How to Watch ポケモン☆サンデー Pokémon Sunday Outside of Japan

http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/3/35/Pokémon_Sunday_logo.png

Pokémon Sunday is shown at 7:30-8:30 AM on Sundays each week. This time is obviously Japanese (+9 GMT); you can convert it to your own time zone on timeanddate.com. It's broadcasted on Channel 23, 株式会社テレビ東京 TV Tokyo.

To tune into Japanese television, you'll need to download and install a (free and legal: it's an experiment by the Japanese government) program called KeyHoleTV (google it). It only shows a limited selection of Japanese channels, but that's okay because TV Tokyo is one of them! Download and run the .exe that you can download from the directory. Then run the program and select the Program tab to see a list of channels.

http://i49.tinypic.com/sb5xr4.jpg are some major channels.

Here is TV tokyo on keyhole:

http://i45.tinypic.com/2urt25i.jpg

Look for the name that has TV Tokyo beside it ^ and select WAtch =D (If you can type テレビ東京 into the search box, you should be able to find it fast.)

If the channel doesn't work then you may need to do trial and error among rthe channels being watched most. You may aslo need to use the Update button to manually update the populated list of channels. Sometimes the channel is down though, so let's hope it isn't down tomorrow :x

Hmm... This is how I'll be watching Pokemon Sunday. :P

Peeky Chew
February 3rd, 2010, 06:18 AM
http://pokebeach.com/news/0210/famitsu-pokemon.jpg
Famitsu magazine's Pokemon page for this month's issue has been leaked on to the Internet. It doesn't contain any information we don't already know, but nonetheless reaffirms that the new games are most likely for the fifth generation. There appears to be some sort of interview on the bottom of the page, but it is too blurry to make out.

JP
February 3rd, 2010, 06:42 AM
That just looks too much like Fakemon to get excited over.

That's because it is Fakemon. However, if I hadn't been told they were fake I would have definitely believed they were legit. They look very much like original Pokemon art, to me at least.

Nashton
February 3rd, 2010, 06:57 AM
check it out! ===>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WeZ7vSlLx5Y

check it out! ===> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u_UxEx6D_7A&feature=related

some look real cuz the art work is pretty legit on some

but MasterMime look pretty cool.

if that real im training one

Jaamies
February 3rd, 2010, 07:27 AM
well i'm happy with 5th generation but it's really for DS? why don't wait untill next generation,i'm sure next year Nintendo already launched their next gen handheld

Griin.
February 3rd, 2010, 07:29 AM
check it out! ===>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WeZ7vSlLx5Y

check it out! ===> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u_UxEx6D_7A&feature=related

some look real cuz the art work is pretty legit on some

but MasterMime look pretty cool.

if that real im training one

All fake. Seen them already on devianart : )

Nashton
February 3rd, 2010, 07:33 AM
All fake. Seen them already on devianart : )

o

ok good to know

i still like master mime XD

Myles
February 3rd, 2010, 07:40 AM
well i'm happy with 5th generation but it's really for DS? why don't wait untill next generation,i'm sure next year Nintendo already launched their next gen handheld

It hasn't even been mentioned yet. So it will be a fair way off yet.

rocky505
February 3rd, 2010, 07:41 AM
well i'm happy with 5th generation but it's really for DS? why don't wait untill next generation,i'm sure next year Nintendo already launched their next gen handheld Probably cause the next DS is still being worked on for another year and the DS's sales are still doing great.

Darkerm
February 3rd, 2010, 07:42 AM
I would like a 'Dark + Dragon' type pokemom.
I like Dark type pokemon most. Dragon type is my second favourite pokemon. I also like a eveloution of Manetrick. We know that there are few Dark, Ghost and Dragon type pokemon. Their number should be increase.

Zeph.
February 3rd, 2010, 09:06 AM
I saw those fakemon earlier. It would be awsome of they were legit though :P

I want to see more fire types though. We got, 5 more in gen 4 (one of which was a legendary and three were the starter family) Not good enough GF.

Charmageddon
February 3rd, 2010, 09:09 AM
There really needs to be more Electric-type - in particular more dual-typed Electric-types (we only have Chinchou/Lanturn, Zapdos (legendary) and Rotom (only one available).

Koppee
February 3rd, 2010, 09:25 AM
Need more Electric, Fire, and Grass types :P Every gen we get a bunch of useless waters and it makes me sad :( I hope for a majority of pokemon that we can actually use competitively.

Also make Ninetales part ghost, it has enough of those moves anyways!

Lastly!!! More awesome typings XD Grass/Fire, Electric/Fire etc

BlueEew
February 3rd, 2010, 10:58 AM

Nintendo's next console could be still far off yet, the DS is not the next in line from the old Game Boy series. DS was a new thing, there could be many more possible DS consoles before we see an complete new one.

DS is perfect for 5th Gen in my opinion.

Wings Don't Cry
February 3rd, 2010, 11:14 AM
Does anyone else think that a Fighting/Dragon or Fighting/Dark Legendary or OU Tier Pokemon would be cool?

Yuoaman
February 3rd, 2010, 11:47 AM
Well, Nintendo has confirmed that the new games are the next generations of Pokemon.

I'd like to introduce you to another new Pokémon title, which should become one of the most anticipated Nintendo DS titles for this year. The Pokémon Company International and Nintendo have been developing a new Pokémon title with the aim to launch the software this year.

The cumulative global sales of all the Pokémon series software have reached 130 million. This new Pokémon software will become the first brand new Pokémon title in 4 years since Pokémon Diamond and Pearl, which sold more than 5.8 million units in Japan, was launched.

Of course, this totally new Pokémon title will include new fields of adventure and a number of new Pokémons living there. As a totally new version, it will contain various unprecedented experiences.
Source: http://www.nintendo.co.jp/ir/en/library/events/100129/06.html

I'm so happy. :D

Sora's Nobody
February 3rd, 2010, 12:01 PM
Well, Nintendo has confirmed that the new games are the next generations of Pokemon.

I'm so happy. :DMan this is so exiting, that link really confirmed Gen 5, when i look at the serebii.net archives i see that the first screens and fakemon for d/p and the first screens for pt where released around may, which is soon enough, so hoppefully the game will be released in japan in september and then in march in America yihaaa!

Charmageddon
February 3rd, 2010, 12:27 PM
It's confirmed! *Does the Dance of Joy*

So this lends evidence that the mystery "new Pokemon or forme" will be a Gen V Pokemon. Hopefully we'll see it at the weekend.

Valk
February 3rd, 2010, 12:40 PM
If Farfetch got a evo ...holy mutha$*(%(# ...............I would die of joy

Serene Grace
February 3rd, 2010, 01:12 PM

It does look like the new generation is being confirmed. At least there are some clues pointing towards that factor which is getting me very excited.

Spikey-Eared Pichu
February 3rd, 2010, 03:02 PM
Yay yay yay yay yay =D Sooo happy!!!

Anyways, I think we need more:

-Fire types
-Electric types
-Dark types

And:

-A Dark/Dragon type
-A Fighting/Dragon, Poison/Dragon, and Ice/Dragon type.

Team Rocket's Raichu
February 3rd, 2010, 03:27 PM
I think they'll use this part of Japan for Generation V.

http://i50.tinypic.com/14bnc5w.jpg

Gary Oak FTW
February 3rd, 2010, 03:52 PM
To everyone saying they should add a bunch more dragon types,I think it would take away the point of them being a rare type with only a few of them available in-game.

Silhouette
February 3rd, 2010, 03:56 PM
To everyone saying they should add a bunch more legendaries,I think it would take away the point of them being a rare type with only a few of them available in-game.

Amen to that. Capturing 12 legendaries after the E4 brings down the value. DX

Xebelleon
February 3rd, 2010, 04:08 PM

I agree with this proof. The use of "version" says it all, LOL!
What makes me wonder is how the system will carry over.

Game Boy? Red & Green (Blue)
Game Boy Color? Crystal (Gold & Silver were Game Boy)
Game Boy Advance? Ruby & Sapphire
Nintendo DS? Diamond & Pearl

What handheld follows the DS? Will Gen 5 be for DSi? This is the big thing I want to know. Is for what gaming medium the game itself be released for? If it's a Wii title (o__@ NOOO!!!) I'll be disgusted with myself.

インフェルノの津波
February 3rd, 2010, 04:14 PM
WE NEED MORE FIRE TYPES. End of story.

Lets see...DSi? Nah, the DSi is an upgraded DS. Why do I say this? Did the Gameboy SP have a Pokemon game for it? No, right?

What I think is like a DS Mega or whatever, an entirely new system that has 2 screens, HUGE space, and a stylus. Also, not very heavy.

New Pokemon? Evos for Lapras and Pinsor, please. Not to mention Heracross.

Legendaries? Dawn and Dusk, or Day and Night, or the Sun and Moon. Although I prefer the latter...

Light-type? Maybe...

Hoenn? FOR SURE. Although it may have some new features, like the PokeNav being much more useful...

Whatever, I hope I helped.

Kendall
February 3rd, 2010, 04:18 PM
I think they'll use this part of Japan for Generation V.

http://i50.tinypic.com/14bnc5w.jpg

YES. Exactly what I was thinking. Plus if the use that region they can let you travel back to Hoenn after the E4.

GlitchCity
February 3rd, 2010, 04:26 PM
Oooo a new one? Well here is what I want for the 5th generation:

-A reboot just like the 1st and 3rd generations
-Hoenn remakes and maybe include the sevii islands since they are both tropical regions
-A dark gym leader, Karen is good enough for a dark user of the E4
-The return of dive, maybe not as a HM but a tm. Something like they did with flash in DPPt
-More eyecatchers like what they had in FR/LG and HG/SS please game freak!
-Keep the trainer eyecatchers please :]
-Make the option of your pokemon following you, and not just the 1st pokemon in your party
-More fire, dark, grass, flying, and ghost pokemon
-Some new type combos :D like water/fire, psychic/electric, and espically a ice/dragon and a fire/dragon combo
-More weather effects! Like thunder and lightning when its raining! [they actually added that in RSE]
-More unique berry trees
-Keep the pokeathalon
-If they decide to do contests, no poffins please, I like the pokeblocks :]
-Glaciers. Yeah I know it sounds weird but I think it would look cool in a pokemon game
-Elemental secret bases
-A new battle frontier
-a dolphin based pokemon :D
-More 3D cut scenes :D
-a rainbow effect. Something like the when it's raining on one route and you walk to another route thats in the same area and stops raining and a rainbow appears :D
-Custom trainer option, but not too custom that it will take away from the main story
-More to the afterstory of the game
-and also I would like to see some returning characters. Maybe steven can take a visit to [insert 5th generation region here]

Things that I dont want in the 5th generation:
-kanto, seriously its been overdone
-a rock/ground theme for the 1st gym
-prof oak. Ive seen enough of him popping out of nowhere xDD
-Underground secret bases.
-DeFog
-poffins
-new types, I think it will screw up the entire playing field and besides new types are not needed
-no team rocket. I would like this region for the 5th gen to have an original team. Unlike GSCHGSS.......
-no harsh blizzards that you cant see your overworld
-surf affecting your partner when you are in a double battle (why did they do that in the first place?)
-that there was no target... thing! arghh!

well thats all I can think of at the moment.

rocky505
February 3rd, 2010, 04:40 PM
Light-type? Maybe... No just no Psychic is the light type so no light type is needed.

Kirbychu
February 3rd, 2010, 05:03 PM
-that there was no target... thing! arghh!
Assuming you are referring to double battles, I have to say that this was a great improvement to the game. It's only fair. The old system made it possible to KO 4 of your opponents Pokemon in one turn. It's not really fair to send out a Pokemon only to know it will be KOed before you even have a chance to make a move. :/

I wonder if we'll get some new Pokemon device like the Poketch. Pokipod? :P

Spikey-Eared Pichu
February 3rd, 2010, 05:04 PM
Still don't get the correlation between Light and Psychic...

What about making Pokemon Contests more like the anime has them set up? I'd be sad if they used the D/P/Pt-style system =(

GengarNightmare
February 3rd, 2010, 05:30 PM
-A Dark/Dragon type
-A Fighting/Dragon, Poison/Dragon, and Ice/Dragon type.
And a Fire/Dragon. <3
To everyone saying they should add a bunch more dragon types,I think it would take away the point of them being a rare type with only a few of them available in-game.
True. But they're not going to completely stop making dragons. I think everyone just wants more variety.
Amen to that. Capturing 12 legendaries after the E4 brings down the value. DX
How did we go from dragons to legendaries? D=
What makes me wonder is how the system will carry over.

Game Boy? Red & Green (Blue)
Game Boy Color? Crystal (Gold & Silver were Game Boy)
Game Boy Advance? Ruby & Sapphire
Nintendo DS? Diamond & PearlThis is my worry. I hope they don't make this a cut-off point like with the old games. That would suck.
If it's a Wii title (o__@ NOOO!!!) I'll be disgusted with myself.That you don't have to worry about. The games are totally portable-game oriented.

New Pokemon? Evos for Lapras and Pinsor, please. Not to mention Heracross.Pinsir evo, sure. Lapras pre-vo, maybe. A Heracross evo would make the game explode. It would be like.... almost as strong as Chuck Norris.

Legendaries? Dawn and Dusk, or Day and Night, or the Sun and Moon. Although I prefer the latter...Or Dark vs. Light. All good ideas (though Solrock and Lunatone already have the Sun/Moon thing, but w/e, still a cool idea)

The return of dive, maybe not as a HM but a tm. Something like they did with flash in DPPt
-Some new type combos :D like water/fire, psychic/electric, and espically a ice/dragon and a fire/dragon combo
-Keep the pokeathalon
-Glaciers. Yeah I know it sounds weird but I think it would look cool in a pokemon game
-a dolphin based pokemon :D
-More 3D cut scenes :D
-a rainbow effect. Something like the when it's raining on one route and you walk to another route thats in the same area and stops raining and a rainbow appears :D
-Custom trainer option, but not too custom that it will take away from the main story
Really good ideas here, seriously!
No just no Psychic is the light type so no light type is needed.I wish they had never made that type relationship between Dark and Psychic. It has never made sense to me. Are psychics afraid of the dark or something? Having Dark without an actual light type is.......weird. *Votes for light type*

Spikey-Eared Pichu
February 3rd, 2010, 05:35 PM
I wish they had never made that type relationship between Dark and Psychic. It's never made sense to me. Are Psychics afraid of the dark or something? Having Dark without an actual light type is.......weird. *Votes for light type*

Amen to that! I never understood it either. Maybe Psychics cant use their powers in the dark??? Doesn't make much sense, but ya never know what GF thought of to rationalize it (;

Gary Oak FTW
February 3rd, 2010, 06:15 PM
True. But they're not going to completely stop making dragons. I think everyone just wants more variety.

How did we go from dragons to legendaries? D=

My bad,I accidentally typed in legendaries instead of dragons but then edited it.

and yeah I know that ending dragon types would be stupid,but making like 548738 running around before the E4 would be lame.

To people saying we should be able to go back to Hoenn,if this pattern continues(new gen games,then a remake of a previous gen)then going back to Hoenn would be kinda pointless since they'll be remaking Ruby and Sapphire

インフェルノの津波
February 3rd, 2010, 06:38 PM
I wish that they would at least give us an idea...Give me a break.

Also, will Lucario evolve?

Haza
February 3rd, 2010, 07:11 PM
Why would Lucario evolve? Its very successful in competitive battles as it is. Maybe a Lucaria split would be nice.

Toxicroak
February 3rd, 2010, 09:05 PM

look at the bottom :P
1995-2010 Nintondo/ Greatures inc./GAME FLEAK inc. ( jap stuff) Pokomon etc

Livewire
February 3rd, 2010, 09:25 PM
i think it would be cool to have a legendary that can evolve or different typed starters.

what would be hilarious would to have dunsparce get an amazing tyranitar-ish evo that destroys everything. more attacks for bug, dark, and steel types would rock too along with maybe a pure flying type, or some crazy type combos like dragon/dark, ice/electric, dragon/fire type (charizard should become this type)

Myles
February 3rd, 2010, 09:27 PM
I wish they had never made that type relationship between Dark and Psychic. It has never made sense to me. Are psychics afraid of the dark or something? Having Dark without an actual light type is.......weird. *Votes for light type*

Dark is not the absense of light, it's evil. It's called the Bad type in Japanese. There are many things that say stuff like psychics can't control a 'twisted mind'.

Livewire
February 3rd, 2010, 09:39 PM
Dark is not the absense of light, it's evil. It's called the Bad type in Japanese. There are many things that say stuff like psychics can't control a 'twisted mind'.

see it would be really hard to add a new type now do too there being almost 500 pokemon, and then you have to re-organize the whole type effectiveness thing, and go back and make some gen I-IV pokes light type too. but it would be a cool idea

Jaamies
February 4th, 2010, 06:11 AM
It hasn't even been mentioned yet. So it will be a fair way off yet.

it has been mentioned Iwata already give some hints about next gen handheld

they need next gen to compete with Iphone

btw it would be nice if the fifth generation have dark/light starters instead usual fire,water& grass

_Prince_
February 4th, 2010, 06:41 AM
When ever did gamefreak or Nintendo themselves confirm this is 5th gen? You see on serebii forums, mods are closing down 5th gen threads. Wait for an official announcement by Nintendo. Serious new land/new pokemon doesn’t mean 5th gen! Could be a spinoff with some new pokemon. I’m just being logical, yes deep down I’m 99% sure it’s a 5th gen games, let’s not jump the guns cause we feel like it. I’m surprised the mods have actually allowed this thread. Wait for the announcement, it may very well be this Sunday, the GameFreak director will/may announce the games himself. All I’m saying wait for Nintendo themselves to say it’s ‘5TH GEN’ Creating threads like this misleading, what if gamefreak decided to make a spinoff and not a 5th gen game, then what?

Myles
February 4th, 2010, 06:58 AM
Serious new land/new pokemon doesn’t mean 5th gen!

Yes, yes it does. You seriously think that people will refer to the new Pokemon released as Gen IV Pokemon? Since when has Nintendo or GameFreak referred to Pokemon games by numbered generations?

And who really cares about what the Serebii forums do, anyway?

rocky505
February 4th, 2010, 06:58 AM
When ever did gamefreak or Nintendo themselves confirm this is 5th gen? You see on serebii forums, mods are closing down 5th gen threads. Wait for an official announcement by Nintendo. Serious new land/new pokemon doesn’t mean 5th gen! Could be a spinoff with some new pokemon. I’m just being logical, yes deep down I’m 99% sure it’s a 5th gen games, let’s not jump the guns cause we feel like it. I’m surprised the mods have actually allowed this thread. Wait for the announcement, it may very well be this Sunday, the GameFreak director will/may announce the games himself. All I’m saying wait for Nintendo themselves to say it’s ‘5TH GEN’ Creating threads like this misleading, what if gamefreak decided to make a spinoff and not a 5th gen game, then what? The reason it isn't going to be a spinoff is because (GAMEFREAK DOESN'T MAKE THEM!) And it has been confirmed 5th gen.

_Prince_
February 4th, 2010, 07:01 AM
Yes, yes it does. You seriously think that people will refer to the new Pokemon released as Gen IV Pokemon? Since when has Nintendo or GameFreak refered to Pokemon games by numbered generations?
[/FONT][/COLOR]

and again its people belief what they do with little information released! State me where it says 5th gen?

The reason it isn't going to be a spinoff is because (GAMEFREAK DOESN'T MAKE THEM!) And it has been confirmed 5th gen.

ahh what happens if they decided to make a spin off? I see you got a confirmation, link me where you got that from.

Ryu-kun
February 4th, 2010, 07:04 AM
*Facepalm*
Psychic type is meant to have the weaknesses of the human mind. Aka phobias.
Fear of dark, fear of bugs and fear of ghosts...

rocky505
February 4th, 2010, 07:04 AM
and again its people belief what they do with little information released! State me where it says 5th gen? They don't call it 5th gen but it has been confirmed go to the nintendo.co.jp website.

Myles
February 4th, 2010, 07:06 AM
and again its people belief what they do with little information released! State me where it says 5th gen?

Again, since when has Nintendo or GameFreak referred to Pokemon games by numbered generations. You think they called DP the fourth generation when it was released?

_Prince_
February 4th, 2010, 07:07 AM
They don't call it 5th gen but it has been confirmed go to the nintendo.co.jp website.

All what's be confimed is there be a new pokemon series is set out to be released later this year, features new land and new pokemon! Nope, I see no 5th gen mentioned.

rocky505
February 4th, 2010, 07:11 AM
All what's be confimed is there be a new pokemon series is set out to be released later this year, features new land and new pokemon! Nope, I see no 5th gen mentioned. For the last fudgin time Gamefreak doesn't call it 5th gen and yes new land, and new Pokemon confirm it to be 5th gen so get over it!

Fire Wolf
February 4th, 2010, 07:16 AM
Yay! 5th gen has been confirmed! *does dance*
I want an R/S remake, but I hope Gamefreak doesn't make an FR/LG remake. Seriously, too much of Kanto has been done now.

_Prince_
February 4th, 2010, 07:19 AM
For the last fudgin time Gamefreak doesn't call it 5th gen and yes new land, and new Pokemon confirm it to be 5th gen so get over it!

Get over what? I'd more than happy if this turns out to be 5th gen and I've already stated I'm 99% sure they are. New land/new pokemon does link to a new generation, all I'm saying is, wait for a confirmation by Nintendo, most likely this Sunday where he will reveal the games! Bingo there's your actual proof >_>, no more doubts anyone saying this might turn out to be a spin off. I’m just saying this thread is a bit too soon, or change the actual title, ‘new RPG games to be released later this year’

Myles
February 4th, 2010, 07:26 AM
This thread is the second (or more, I only know of the one previous) version of the 'Gen 5 spculation thread' which has been around for a looong time.

But besides, this is Gen V. >_>

Livewire
February 4th, 2010, 09:02 AM

ahh what happens if they decided to make a spin off? I see you got a confirmation, link me where you got that from.

bulbapedia ran the original story check it out:

http://bulbanews.bulbagarden.net/wiki/New_Pok%C3%A9mon_RPG_announced

And matsuda himself came out with this info so its trustworthy

Serene Grace
February 4th, 2010, 11:05 AM
I think that there are a lot of hints now pointing towards the release of a new Pokemon game. The latest Bulbapedia news and some others running around the internet show that the game is planned to be released before the end of 2010 - this makes for a great change to the normal high amount of time that we Pokemon fans endure waiting between games. Hopefully, we can be playing the games by March of next year.

_Prince_
February 4th, 2010, 01:19 PM
bulbapedia ran the original story check it out:

http://bulbanews.bulbagarden.net/wiki/New_Pok%C3%A9mon_RPG_announced

And matsuda himself came out with this info so its trustworthy

Excuse me, I'm not some dumb n00b who doesn't know whats going on. Chances are I've read this info before you ;]

mey
February 4th, 2010, 03:46 PM
All what's be confimed is there be a new pokemon series is set out to be released later this year, features new land and new pokemon! Nope, I see no 5th gen mentioned.

well, then...
What do you called a new main series of game with a new land, new set of pokemon and a totally new version, that will contain various unprecedented experiences that has been made by Game Freak?

And they've never called the games as a xth gen of pokemon.

Have you ever seen that DP was called gen 4 by Nintendo? How about RS called as Gen 3? How about first and the second? Nintendo never called it as a generation of pokemons, they've called it as a new main series of game.

Kirbychu
February 4th, 2010, 04:41 PM
Does anyone think that the reception to the designs of DP Pokemon will have any influence on the 5th gen at all? I think they would be idiots not to be more careful with what they create this time.

Anuhrima
February 4th, 2010, 05:16 PM
Does anyone think that the reception to the designs of DP Pokemon will have any influence on the 5th gen at all? I think they would be idiots not to be more careful with what they create this time.
If they took reception then we would have better DP Pokemon design. In my humble opinion I think that their perfect.

_Prince_
February 4th, 2010, 05:45 PM
well, then...
What do you called a new main series of game with a new land, new set of pokemon and a totally new version, that will contain various unprecedented experiences that has been made by Game Freak?

And they've never called the games as a xth gen of pokemon.

Have you ever seen that DP was called gen 4 by Nintendo? How about RS called as Gen 3? How about first and the second? Nintendo never called it as a generation of pokemons, they've called it as a new main series of game.

erm...please read my other posts, you'll see what i'm trying to get at. Oh yeah i remember gamefreak director saying 'a new generation' for 4th gen =P, I never once said this won't be a 5th gen games, i only said wait for gamefreak director to actually comfirm these game/s this week, is it a game or games. We'll hopefuly get titles and more info on them,k?

I duno why everyone is attacking me, I said i'm 99% sure that it's 5th gen, didn't I like three tiimes already!?

Åzurε
February 4th, 2010, 09:13 PM
Because you're killing the hype. And, correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't see anyone "attacking" you...

It's possible that it's not Gen5, but it's more likely that it is, judging from the information given. Game Freak's participation, new Pokemon, it's an RPG, it aims to surpass every Pokemon game up till now... If it's not, I will be rather surprised.

joehat
February 4th, 2010, 09:59 PM
The Light type idea is ridiculous. Light sounds a lot like the Normal type to me.

Also, anyone wanna explain what kind of Pokemon a "Light Pokemon" would be?

One thing I really really really hope to see in gen V is that when a move such as Sunny Day or Sandstorm (or Kyogre's Drizzle ability) is used, it just keeps going. Let me explain, I can't stand having to wait the extra couple seconds (haha I'm that impatient apparently) as rain starts and stops and the game announces "Rain continues to fall!" It's annoying. Just have the rain falling the whole extent of the move and when it's over (however many turns that takes) the game can then announce "The rain stopped."

Also, I really hope we eventually get customizable player characters, even if only for wi-fi use!!!!

Haza
February 4th, 2010, 10:53 PM
Is it wrong to not wanna be white/asian all the time? Customization is dearly needed.

Myles
February 5th, 2010, 01:26 AM
I duno why everyone is attacking me, I said i'm 99% sure that it's 5th gen, didn't I like three tiimes already!?

We're not saying you don't think it will be a new generation. We're saying that what you think a new generation is, is way off. You seem to think that generations are what Nintendo and GameFreak categorise Pokemon games into. They don't, fans do.

インフェルノの津波
February 5th, 2010, 01:35 AM
That's true. But in the meantime...

Wobbuffet evo, anyone? Houndoom as well? How about Torkoal, hmm? Not to mention Farfetch'd and Delibird, right? Or better yet, a Steelix evo? Scyther pre evo? Jynx evo? Stop me now, folks. I have a whole list...

Wings Don't Cry
February 5th, 2010, 01:50 AM
Wobbuffet evo? It's already uber why does it need an evolution. I think a Steelix evolution would be nice, to give it a little twist.

Haza
February 5th, 2010, 02:06 AM
On the whole "generation" term, technically it refers to the system. The 4 generations being

Generation I: GB (Red, Blue, Yellow)
Generation II: GBC (Gold, Silver, Crystal)
Generation III: GBA (Ruby, Sapphire, Emerald, FRLG)
Generation IV: DS (Diamond, Pearl, Platinum, HGSS)

Since the new games are said to be released on the DS, it's still technically a Generation IV game, but its the 5th Wave of pokemon. Waves being when a completely new set of pokemon. I made everything up about waves, it's my own term but is true about the use of the word "Generation".

_Prince_
February 5th, 2010, 03:18 AM
Because you're killing the hype. And, correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't see anyone "attacking" you...

It's possible that it's not Gen5, but it's more likely that it is, judging from the information given. Game Freak's participation, new Pokemon, it's an RPG, it aims to surpass every Pokemon game up till now... If it's not, I will be rather surprised.

yeah try having 2/3 people replying on the same quote, oh I'm sorry if I am lol chill out, hype is still there ;]

We're not saying you don't think it will be a new generation. We're saying that what you think a new generation is, is way off. You seem to think that generations are what Nintendo and GameFreak categorise Pokemon games into. They don't, fans do.

I may stand incorrect about the whole thing nintendo coming out and saying its 5th gen =) I do however believe there's 0000.1% chance these could be other games as we have so little info about the games, I don't wanna get my hopes up too high as I've done before and getting let down. I'm playing it down.

Now I wonder if anyone's gona quote back to my 0000.1% doubtful mind. lol Lets just say I'm 99.0009% convinced that these are 5th gen games, new land, new pokemon, stating fresh new series since d/p, game freak director and nintendo jp mentioning these in their sites.

arcanineflames23
February 5th, 2010, 06:57 AM
Generation V aawweessoommee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This is gonna be awesome! I cant wait!

Myles
February 5th, 2010, 07:19 AM
On the whole "generation" term, technically it refers to the system. The 4 generations being

Generation I: GB (Red, Blue, Yellow)
Generation II: GBC (Gold, Silver, Crystal)
Generation III: GBA (Ruby, Sapphire, Emerald, FRLG)
Generation IV: DS (Diamond, Pearl, Platinum, HGSS)

Since the new games are said to be released on the DS, it's still technically a Generation IV game, but its the 5th Wave of pokemon. Waves being when a completely new set of pokemon. I made everything up about waves, it's my own term but is true about the use of the word "Generation".

The GBC is just a remake of the GB. Same idea as with the DS and DSi.

インフェルノの津波
February 5th, 2010, 07:23 AM

But did that happen with GBA and GBA SP? No, it didn't. Maybe the DSi or not, but I don't care. I got one =3.

Myles
February 5th, 2010, 07:38 AM
Did what happen? Them make a new generation? They don't have to make a new generation for every console remake...

インフェルノの津波
February 5th, 2010, 07:41 AM
Exactly. That's what I'm trying to say. The DSi is probably a test, the real console will come out later this year...just you wait.

Wings Don't Cry
February 5th, 2010, 11:59 AM
Exactly. That's what I'm trying to say. The DSi is probably a test, the real console will come out later this year...just you wait.

That would be a horrible thing, then the DSi XL would just be another Gameboy Micro only made for opposite purposes. I don't see the point in another console, DSi is perfectly fine. If you own a regular DS or a Lite you might think a new console is required but once you get a DSi it's like a whole different thing altogether.

Haza
February 5th, 2010, 03:07 PM

But GSC were created to be used with GBC i mind, though it could be used on the original. The two systems had obvious differences in graphics.

インフェルノの津波
February 5th, 2010, 03:12 PM
I have a DSi. I'm not referring to the DSi XL either. Maybe it will be the host for 5th Gen...I don't know, maybe, maybe not. We'll just have to wait and see...

Dopefish7590
February 5th, 2010, 03:53 PM
Both Gen I and Gen II were on Gameboy, so it's not 1 Gen per console... I doubt that a new console will be released in this short of time anyway. Then again, I have been wrong before.

I've only had my DSi for a little while now though, so I really dislike the idea of an entirely new handheld by Nintendo.

Livewire
February 5th, 2010, 04:28 PM
Excuse me, I'm not some dumb n00b who doesn't know whats going on. Chances are I've read this info before you ;]

well you sure do sound like one. ;) and i highly doubt that

the way i see it the games will either be a new 5th generation of pokemon, or DS remakes of hoenn. And gamefreak has never released new pokemon for an old region. for instance, when pokemon like togepi were revealed, they were given a new landmass with its own gyms elite four, etc, same with hoenn and sinnoh. So, new pokemon= new region= new generation.

Mew~
February 6th, 2010, 05:56 AM
Has anyone noticed the coner of this question mark?
http://img688.imageshack.us/img688/131/imagemhz.pngIt looks like a new pokemon game logo. If you look closely its a star... Pokemon Star Version? Its possible

Not realy, Game boy and gameboy pocket yes...
The gameboy colour had different carterages and everything!!! Thats like saying gameboy advence is just a small upgrade of gameboy.... :\

In between 1-12 month release? Give me a break. They have already announced they are making a new pokemon game but not for a new console? Why would they annoced the game before the announced console? D&P was not released till like a year after the DS release :\ Your going a bit too far. There may be a new game with new pokemon but that does not mean its gonna be on a new console

Both Gen I and Gen II were on Gameboy, so it's not 1 Gen per console... I doubt that a new console will be released in this short of time anyway. Then again, I have been wrong before.

I've only had my DSi for a little while now though, so I really dislike the idea of an entirely new handheld by Nintendo.
Gen 2 was on the gameboy colour... did not work for the gameboy. Gameboy and gameboy colour are two compelatly different consoles...

Im not sure if i want the new games on a new console... It would be cool.... and i wasnt stupid enough to buy a dsi when i already have a ds lite... The dsi ware is an EPIC FAIL!!!

Tyranitar Trainer
February 6th, 2010, 06:23 AM
Thats the pokemon sunday logo

Sora's Nobody
February 6th, 2010, 10:43 AM
Yep thats the Pokemon Sunday logo...

Nintengod
February 6th, 2010, 10:48 AM
This is gen 5. It's on the ds. DS's successor is being made. Gen 5 is not the last(creator said "many more", this could mean 10+gens). This is all confirmed by bulbapedia/serribi.

_Prince_
February 6th, 2010, 10:53 AM
well you sure do sound like one. ;) and i highly doubt that

LOL you highly doubt what? If you on about the info, oh believe me I'm one of the first lot to read it ;]

Anyways people pokemon Sunday airing soon =]

BakingBluePotatoe
February 6th, 2010, 11:13 AM
3 hours, 20 minutes or so from the time of posting

Sora's Nobody
February 6th, 2010, 12:14 PM
What?

FILLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLERYep, soon enough, im gonna watch it with keyholetv

demonmike
February 6th, 2010, 01:05 PM
Dont get your hopes up every body! Chances are it'l just be an announcement of the names or just showing a new Pokemon, maybe not even that.

Coro Coro is the true thing to be excited about.

Yamikarasu
February 6th, 2010, 03:17 PM
I'm pretty sure we're minutes away from the big reveal. I'm following threads on other websites and Pokemon Sunday is on as I'm typing this.

demonmike
February 6th, 2010, 03:27 PM
Just a new Pokemon shadow. New info 21st of Feb apparently.

LegendaryPichu
February 6th, 2010, 03:27 PM
New Pokemon will be revealed next week. A silhouette is revealed. Looks like a Shiftry... but a bit different.

Hiroshi Sotomura
February 6th, 2010, 03:29 PM
http://idisk.me.com/sotomura/Public/Pictures/Skitch/Screen_shot_2010-02-07_at_10.24.27_AM-20100207-102501.jpg
And no pictures? I am ashamed of you people. >:o

DarKnighT_0_9
February 6th, 2010, 03:30 PM
NEW POKEMON!!!!!!!!!! It looks very interesting. I can't wait to see what it looks like and what the community's take on it is.

iLaxbe!
February 6th, 2010, 03:31 PM
http://i883.photobucket.com/albums/ac38/renatoduque/imagem.jpg

Look at his face, not even Junichi like that new Pokémon. It's ugly.

JP
February 6th, 2010, 03:31 PM
Great news! so they're just showing silhouettes today and next week will be new Pokemon?

Waffle-San
February 6th, 2010, 03:32 PM
Thank you Hiroshi! I didn't quite get to overanalyse it how I would have liked to when it was revealed on Pokemon Sunday.

Reminds me of a Fox...actually it reminds me of Tails for some reason. :P I'm betting it's going to be a redish orange colour for no peticular reason :P

demonmike
February 6th, 2010, 03:33 PM
http://idisk.me.com/sotomura/Public/Pictures/Skitch/Screen_shot_2010-02-07_at_10.24.27_AM-20100207-102501.jpg

Like I could possibly get a screen decent screen cap with my connection haha, it was basically listening to the radio while the image kept furiously changing to keep up because it was lagging so far behind.

So thats what it looks like without the blur I got? I'm rather dissapointed..

Can any one confirm whether my translation was right regarding new info on the 21st? Im a noob at jap, which is bad considering I have a big test on monday..

iLaxbe!
February 6th, 2010, 03:35 PM
Reminds me of a Fox...actually it reminds me of Tails for some reason. :P I'm betting it's going to be a redish orange colour for no peticular reason :PIt maybe Lucario's evolution.

The Last Sentinel
February 6th, 2010, 03:42 PM
Its either a fox (ninetails evo or partner lol), Shiftry evo (from smogon), Sandslash evo (from smogon), a werewolf (from smogon), a lucario evo (from smogon), a type of pokemon ninja (from smogon), or possibly it could be CHAMPION Z (from smogon). lol they all sound cool

Sora's Nobody
February 6th, 2010, 03:44 PM
Great news! so they're just showing silhouettes today and next week will be new Pokemon?Nope, their showing the whole thing in two weeks (the 21)

Flandre Scarlet
February 6th, 2010, 03:46 PM
Nope, their showing the whole thing in two weeks (the 21)

Oh wow, they're revealing it on my birthday! <333 lol

Sora's Nobody
February 6th, 2010, 03:48 PM
Oh wow, they're revealing it on my birthday! <333 lolCool, that'll be the perfect little extra gift, wont it? ;)

JP
February 6th, 2010, 03:50 PM
Nope, their showing the whole thing in two weeks (the 21)

2 weeks?! thats terrible. :P Hopefully they'll have more about it in Coro Coro?

DarKnighT_0_9
February 6th, 2010, 03:54 PM
Its either a fox (ninetails evo or partner lol), Shiftry evo (from smogon), Sandslash evo (from smogon), a werewolf (from smogon), a lucario evo (from smogon), a type of pokemon ninja (from smogon), or possibly it could be CHAMPION Z (from smogon). lol they all sound cool

Im pretty sure that is "Z." I am no good at japanese but the whole show seemed to point to the reveal of "Z" and Im pretty sure thats what he said.

Serene Grace
February 6th, 2010, 03:56 PM
...uurgh. I better not judge the Pokemon yet as it is a shilouette.

Java's Missingno.
February 6th, 2010, 03:56 PM
I'm wondering if that silhouette is a Sableye evolution for some reason. Maybe it's because of the shape of the legs and one arm. I'm probably wrong, though, seeing as it has that weird brushlike arm on the other side.

demonmike
February 6th, 2010, 03:58 PM
ITS PIKACHU!

Couldn't resist, I'm guessing grass type from the look of its left arm, but I'm probably very wrong.

Yamikarasu
February 6th, 2010, 03:59 PM
I'm wondering if that silhouette is a Sableye evolution for some reason. Maybe it's because of the shape of the legs and one arm. I'm probably wrong, though, seeing as it has that weird brushlike arm on the other side.

I'm pretty sure that's a tail or long hair, not a "brushlike arm." It's arm could be raised in front of it's body so we don't see it in the silhouette.

DarKnighT_0_9
February 6th, 2010, 03:59 PM

Lol actually I think it is just the way it is standing. I'm thinking the "brushlike" arm is actually it's tail

Maci12
February 6th, 2010, 04:00 PM
It looks great, probably a pokemon with high Attack and Speed. That would be good; we need more Physical sweepers.

Waffle-San
February 6th, 2010, 04:04 PM
It maybe Lucario's evolution.

There is absolutely no way it's a Lucario evolution. Lucario doesn't need one. If you mean another Riolu evolution, a side evolution to Lucario then I'll have to agree. It's got the same sort of doglike humanoid feel.

I like your new theme though! :P

It looks great, probably a pokemon with high Attack and Speed. That would be good; we need more Physical sweepers.

What? I think we need more special sweepers. There are barely any feasable special sweepers in OU. Azelf and Roserade maybe but they fill better support roles. Heatran too but I've always considered Subtran to be better.

Dominus Temporis
February 6th, 2010, 04:05 PM
Y'know, I doubted that it was going to be Generation V at first, but after it was totally confirmed, I have been excited ever since.

Also, I'm loving the new silhouette, looking forward to the full appearance in two weeks- my personal guess is that it's a Lucario evolution (they do tend to include mons related to older ones among the first few revelations), but whatever it is I'm already thinking I may be using one if the full picture lives up to the hype of this silhouette...

On the other hand, it may be one of our new starters (fully-evolved, I'm guessing). I don't know why I think that, but if it is I really hope it's the Fire-type.

EDIT: Yeah, I'm really starting to think more and more it's a Lucario evolution. Take a look at it- the bit of head we can see is the same shape, the way the legs bend, the thinness of the abdomen, the way the fur tufts... oh, and note how on its right shoulder (ie the one we can see) there seems to be the same kind of ring-like decoration Lucario has on its arms.

Charmageddon
February 6th, 2010, 04:07 PM
For some reason I'm really, really thinking it's a Ninetales evo. The shape of the head is definitely Ninetales-like. Even if it's not a Ninetales evo, I still reckon it'll be a Fire or Ghost (or Fire/Ghost) type. The body looks slightly mishapen - look at how flimsily attached the arm is - and ghostly. The flame-like tufts make me think Fire type. I think that its left side looks more like a mane, but it could be a large left arm.

JP
February 6th, 2010, 04:08 PM
I would totally love a Fire/Ghost type. That would rock so much. Even if that isn't what it is, I do kind of hope we see a Pokemon with that typing. :P

iLaxbe!
February 6th, 2010, 04:13 PM
There is absolutely no way it's a Lucario evolution. Lucario doesn't need one. If you mean another Riolu evolution, a side evolution to Lucario then I'll have to agree. It's got the same sort of doglike humanoid feel.Rhydon, Porygon2 and Dusclops didn't need either.

I think it may be as strong as Dragonite and Tyranitar. A 600 Base Pokémon.

Spikey-Eared Pichu
February 6th, 2010, 04:14 PM
Why're people complaining? We havn't even seen what the Pokemon looks like, just the silhouette! Jeez, if people are already disappointed in this, I'm gonna be very sad when the rest of Gen 5 comes out...

Anyways, here's a bit of a break-down about the silhouette:

-It CANNOT be a Shiftry evolution because Shiftry is a FULLY-EVOLVED Pokemon. Remember Seedot and Nuzleaf?

-Whenever a new generation is revealed, so far anyways, the first new Pokemon to be shown is either an evolution or a pre-evolution to a previous Pokemon.In this case, I'd say the safest bet is a Sandslash evolution.

-However, in the case that this is another 'Lucario' Pokemon, I'd say it is either A) A Dark/Fighting Werewolf Pokemon or B) A Grass/Fighting or Ground/Fighting Hedgehog Pokemon.

Tyranitar Trainer
February 6th, 2010, 04:14 PM
It could be ice type
You know a Arctic wolf

Yamikarasu
February 6th, 2010, 04:20 PM
Rhydon, Porygon2 and Dusclops didn't need either.

Not to mention Mageton, Electebuzz, Magmar....

If it is a Lucario evolution, it will definitely be up in the tiers. If I remember my metagame correctly, Lucario can sweep either way but leans toward Physical. So this means that the already powerful Lucario will be even more powerful... but then again GameFreak has been known not to have a perfectly balanced metagame (Wobbuffett is still Uber, lol)

Waffle-San
February 6th, 2010, 04:21 PM
Rhydon, Porygon2 and Dusclops didn't need either.

That is true but none of those pokemon had the exposure that Lucario's had. Whether it be it's own movie, SSBB, it's whole Aura controlling niche thing. I don't think they'd undermine that with an evolution
I just can't see it being a Lucario evolution but a Lucario related pokemon (Plusle to Minun kind of thing with the Aura controlling) definately works for me.

Too bad it's all speculation now. =/

DarKnighT_0_9
February 6th, 2010, 04:22 PM
Why're people complaining? We havn't even seen what the Pokemon looks like, just the silhouette! Jeez, if people are already disappointed in this, I'm gonna be very sad when the rest of Gen 5 comes out...

Anyways, here's a bit of a break-down about the silhouette:

-It CANNOT be a Shiftry evolution because Shiftry is a FULLY-EVOLVED Pokemon. Remember Seedot and Nuzleaf?

-Whenever a new generation is revealed, so far anyways, the first new Pokemon to be shown is either an evolution or a pre-evolution to a previous Pokemon.In this case, I'd say the safest bet is a Sandslash evolution.

-However, in the case that this is another 'Lucario' Pokemon, I'd say it is either A) A Dark/Fighting Werewolf Pokemon or B) A Grass/Fighting or Ground/Fighting Hedgehog Pokemon.

Togepi wasn't an evo or pre evo

JP
February 6th, 2010, 04:24 PM
That is true but none of those pokemon had the exposure that Lucario's had. Whether it be it's own movie, SSBB, it's whole Aura controlling niche thing. I don't think they'd undermine that with an evolution
I just can't see it being a Lucario evolution but a Lucario related pokemon (Plusle to Minun kind of thing with the Aura controlling) definately works for me.

Too bad it's all speculation now. =/

I agree with that, but I still can't really see it being anything related to Lucario. Honestly, I think the Riolu/Lucario evolution line is perfect as it is and doesn't need an evo, at least not yet.

I'd be much more interested in a Sandslash evolution.

Alakazam17
February 6th, 2010, 04:27 PM
At first I thought it'd be a Lucario or Ninetales evolution, but then I realized something for the latter: it doesn't have multiple tails. XD

Instead, I now think that, if it is indeed a new evolution, it may very well be one for Floatzel. They do look fairly similar, and that top "mane" could just be spraying water.

Not to mention that Water was the only type that saw no new evolutions in the 4th Gen, so it's highly likely that they'll be getting at least one in the 5th. ^_^

EDIT: Dragon too, but this thing has a better chance of being Water than Dragon

Java's Missingno.
February 6th, 2010, 04:27 PM
Lol actually I think it is just the way it is standing. I'm thinking the "brushlike" arm is actually it's tail
Maybe. That'd probably make more sense. Come to think of it, I can't think of an asymmetric Pokemon with that much variety between its two sides anyhow. :P

Serene Grace
February 6th, 2010, 04:28 PM
I personally want to see new Pokemon. I'm getting a bit tired of these "new" evolutions.

Waffle-San
February 6th, 2010, 04:28 PM
I agree with that, but I still can't really see it being anything related to Lucario. Honestly, I think the Riolu/Lucario evolution line is perfect as it is and doesn't need an evo, at least not yet.

I'd be much more interested in a Sandslash evolution.

Sandslash evolution and completely new pokemon (kind of really hope it's this one) are my favourite theories but at the moment they're all just theories. Though Rilolu does only evolve in the day...

Since the show mentioned something about that pokemon being Z from the new movie (I think) I wonder if it'll oppose one of Ash's pokemon in some way...though I can't see how it relates to Pikachu in anyway...

JP
February 6th, 2010, 04:29 PM
I personally want to see new Pokemon. I'm getting a bit tired of these "new" evolutions.

Definitely. But "new" evolutions are always great for chat & speculation. :P

Java's Missingno.
February 6th, 2010, 04:33 PM
Definitely. But "new" evolutions are always great for chat & speculation. :P
Maybe so, but completely new Pokemon can drive up a lot of interest too.

Is everyone else hoping that there isn't a Pikachu ripoff this time around?

iLaxbe!
February 6th, 2010, 04:34 PM
At first I thought it'd be a Lucario or Ninetales evolution, but then I realized something for the latter: it doesn't have multiple tails. XDMaybe Ninetales' tails went to its head.. O.o

Alakazam17
February 6th, 2010, 04:35 PM
I personally want to see new Pokemon. I'm getting a bit tired of these "new" evolutions. I like to see a good mix of new evolutions/pre-evos and new Pokemon. So far I think Gen 2 is the only one that got it right. Gen 3 didn't have enough(with just two pre-evos), and Gen 4 had too much. Hopefully Gen 5 will follow in Johto's footsteps once again. ^^

JP
February 6th, 2010, 04:37 PM
Sandslash evolution and completely new pokemon (kind of really hope it's this one) are my favourite theories but at the moment they're all just theories.

Since the show mentioned something about that pokemon being Z from the new movie (I think) I wonder if it'll oppose one of Ash's pokemon in some way...though I can't see how it relates to Pikachu in anyway...

Yeah, I keep forgetting that this Pokemon is suppose to be "Z". If that's the case, I'm finding it hard to believe that it's any type of evolution for a previous Pokemon.

I do still hope to see an evolution for Sandslah though XD.

Waffle-San
February 6th, 2010, 04:43 PM
Yeah, I keep forgetting that this Pokemon is suppose to be "Z". If that's the case, I'm finding it hard to believe that it's any type of evolution for a previous Pokemon.

I do still hope to see an evolution for Sandslah though XD.

A ground/fighting Sandslash evolution with raised Sp. Def (myabe Atk and HP too) would keep the Tryanitar's at bay...Or raise the usage to abuse Sand Veil...:P

DarKnighT_0_9
February 6th, 2010, 04:45 PM
I am personally against the idea of this being a new evo but if it is an evo Sandslash seems to be the most logical answer to who it is. At first I didn;t think so because the whole point of Sandslash is the "slash" part and this pokemon seems to be lacking that attribute however what if this is actually just one big claw?

iLaxbe!
February 6th, 2010, 04:52 PM
I like to see a good mix of new evolutions/pre-evos and new Pokemon. So far I think Gen 2 is the only one that got it right. Gen 3 didn't have enough(with just two pre-evos), and Gen 4 had too much. Hopefully Gen 5 will follow in Johto's footsteps once again. ^^ It may sound crazy, but the perfect generation for me would be formed only by new evolutions and babies.

Since Gen 3, the new Pokémon sometimes don't feel like the ones of earlier generations. With new evos and babies, we'd be sure that it's not going to happen.
I am personally against the idea of this being a new evo but if it is an evo Sandslash seems to be the most logical answer to who it is. At first I didn;t think so because the whole point of Sandslash is the "slash" part and this pokemon seems to be lacking that attribute however what if this is actually just one big claw?OMG, It'd be like a Kingler or Gliscor then!! I really think it's a tail.

EDIT: IT's A PONYTAIL!!!

minchan
February 6th, 2010, 04:53 PM
Sandslash evo is my favorite thought out of the ones posted here... But a new line/stand alone would also be cool.

To me, this Pokemon kinds looks like a... fighting type? From the stance, I mean...

Pekin
February 6th, 2010, 04:55 PM
I kinda like the idea that it might be an evo for Sandslash, that'd be sweet - But personally, I can't see it being related to any Pokémon, although if I were to guess, then yea, I'd say Lucario or Sandslash - Hopefully it's the latter, if any of them.

DarKnighT_0_9
February 6th, 2010, 04:56 PM
It may sound crazy, but the perfect generation for me would be formed only by new evolutions and babies.

Since Gen 3, the new Pokémon sometimes don't feel like the ones of earlier generations. With new evos and babies, we'd be sure that it's not going to happen.
OMG, It'd be like a Kingler or Gliscor then!! I really think it's a tail.

EDIT: IT's A PONYTAIL!!!

I think it is a tail too but I'm just trying to rationalize a Sandslash evo.

iLaxbe!
February 6th, 2010, 05:11 PM
I think it is a tail too but I'm just trying to rationalize a Sandslash evo.Yes, as Waffle-san said, speculations are all we have now.

But let me say something about this Z, then. You know that in Japanese, Arceus title is the Alpha Pokémon, right? Alpha is the first letter (A), and Omega is the last (Z in our languages). In association we could say that this Ruler of Illusion Z can be the Omega Pokémon, Arceus' rival or something like that. If Arceus is like a God, Z could be... could it be??? Maybe an abyss related Pokémon. Ah, I think I'm overthinking...

DarKnighT_0_9
February 6th, 2010, 05:27 PM
Yes, as Waffle-san said, speculations are all we have now.

But let me say something about this Z, then. You know that in Japanese, Arceus title is the Alpha Pokémon, right? Alpha is the first letter (A), and Omega is the last (Z in our languages). In association we could say that this Ruler of Illusion Z can be the Omega Pokémon, Arceus' rival or something like that. If Arceus is like a God, Z could be... could it be??? Maybe an abyss related Pokémon. Ah, I think I'm overthinking...

No that is actually really good thinking. Maybe this pokemon isn't Z but is rather a pokemon that helps Arceus fight it, like his right hand man......err pokemon haha.

JP
February 6th, 2010, 05:28 PM

I'm not sure how likely that is but I do like where you're going with that. I don't think you're overthinking it. =)

MegaSlowBro.
February 6th, 2010, 05:32 PM
Do you think they're going to have a remake for generation 5? If they don't, then what would the new name be? O_O

JP
February 6th, 2010, 05:37 PM
Do you think they're going to have a remake for generation 5? If they don't, then what would the new name be? O_O

Haha, I'm guessing you're talking about a remake for Ruby & Sapphire? I wouldn't be surprised if they were to release remakes like those, but chances are they'll wait for the successor of the DS first.

BakingBluePotatoe
February 6th, 2010, 05:41 PM

I think you might be onto something there....

GlitchCity
February 6th, 2010, 05:43 PM
I am really excited about this new pokemon. I think the 5th gen will be a reboot so now Im <b>really</b> excited :D

chanchimi
February 6th, 2010, 05:47 PM
It's very interesting-looking. However I doubt it's an evolution to a previously existing Pokemon. I think it'll be something entirely new....

Oh, and I'm pretty sure it's a ponytail, not a second arm, haha.... To me, it almost looks a bit like Renamon from Digimon!

iLaxbe!
February 6th, 2010, 06:04 PM
Do you think they're going to have a remake for generation 5? If they don't, then what would the new name be? O_OMy bet is for BloodRuby Version and RoyalSapphire Version or NobleSapphire, maybe. And for the main versions I think it could be Silk and Oil Versions, expensive articles.

インフェルノの津波
February 6th, 2010, 06:07 PM
^ Very smart, except It might be VolcanicRuby and OceanSapphire. Silk and Oil sound pausible, But I'm sticking with Day/Night Sun/Moon Dusk/Dawn Light/Darkness.

JP
February 6th, 2010, 06:12 PM
^ Very smart, except It might be VolcanicRuby and OceanSapphire. Silk and Oil sound pausible, But I'm sticking with Day/Night Sun/Moon Dusk/Dawn Light/Darkness.

Oh wow, VolcanicRuby and OceanSapphire makes SO much sense, especially considering the two mascots for the versions. I wouldn't be surprised if they went with that.

MiniEggs
February 6th, 2010, 06:19 PM
I wonder how they'll come up with unique legendary ideas. Haven't they used like all of them?

minchan
February 6th, 2010, 06:35 PM
What about RubyVolcano and SapphireOcean? I mean, it doesn't quite fit the FRLG/HGSS name pattern but it kinda sounds better...

I like the name Silk but Oil... even though it IS sought after... I just don't find "oil" in itself too appealing...

iLaxbe!
February 6th, 2010, 06:40 PM
I don't imagine these remakes with Kyogre and Groudon as the mascots, but Swampert and Blaziken instead. But that's a loooooong story, I'll leave it for another day.

Now, back to Z. Here are some possible pre-evolutions:
http://i883.photobucket.com/albums/ac38/renatoduque/38.pnghttp://i883.photobucket.com/albums/ac38/renatoduque/262.pnghttp://i883.photobucket.com/albums/ac38/renatoduque/359.pnghttp://i883.photobucket.com/albums/ac38/renatoduque/435.pnghttp://i883.photobucket.com/albums/ac38/renatoduque/448.pnghttp://i883.photobucket.com/albums/ac38/renatoduque/461.pngAnd these are not that likely, but as people mentioned.. here they are:http://i883.photobucket.com/albums/ac38/renatoduque/28.pnghttp://i883.photobucket.com/albums/ac38/renatoduque/275.pnghttp://i883.photobucket.com/albums/ac38/renatoduque/419.pnghttp://www.renamon.150m.com/Renamon_Stats/b4.jpghttp://i883.photobucket.com/albums/ac38/renatoduque/b4-1.jpg(just kidding, hehe)Now, let's compare.

Gaara the Protector
February 6th, 2010, 06:54 PM
Maybe with color...
Naw...I think it is overdone as well.

demonmike
February 6th, 2010, 07:05 PM
Any one else seriously laughing at the joke that is Serebii's news update?

It wasnt even up at 1am GMT, lists it at 23:24PM GMT, the exact minute it was revealed. Get off your high horse Serebii, why the need to lie?

iLaxbe!
February 6th, 2010, 07:17 PM

It wasnt even up at 1am GMT, lists it at 23:24PM GMT, the exact minute it was revealed. Get off your high horse Serebii, why the need to lie?SPP is not the same. When Munchlax was revealed, it was first shown there, Serebii.net was worthy of trust. Then, it was the first site I checked for Pokénews everyday. Nowadays it's the third.

.Gamer
February 6th, 2010, 07:23 PM
http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb287/Gurenn/Favorite%20anime%20characters/Digimon/Digimon%20Savers/Reppamon.jpg

It could be a Reppamon evolution!

lol.

Seriously, it better not be a stupid Fire/Fight, we have enough of those gamefreak, kthx.

I would enjoy a Floatzel evo though. Although tbh, I was hoping the first new pokemon would be a Dunsparce evo. Q_Q

Redstar
February 6th, 2010, 07:38 PM

It wasnt even up at 1am GMT, lists it at 23:24PM GMT, the exact minute it was revealed. Get off your high horse Serebii, why the need to lie?
No. I've had interaction with Serebii before and he's a hard-working guy. There's no reason to assume he wasn't on the ready.

A Pixy
February 6th, 2010, 07:49 PM
That picture almost made my heart exploded. ;o;

NocturnLeader
February 6th, 2010, 08:02 PM
Looking forward to what they make together. Like maybe a fire/water type. Maybe they can evolve Pachirisu into an Electric Flying Squirrel!

Look forward to see what crazy things they come up with. And hopefully a game that can take you to all parts of the pokemon world.

DarKnighT_0_9
February 6th, 2010, 08:07 PM
Just thought of something. What if it's a Pachirisu evo. I know it unlikely but honestly, is it any more unlikely than anything else we have said?

Eos Aduro
February 6th, 2010, 08:15 PM
Has NO one noticed that this pokemon is nicknamed Z??? Shall we consider Pokemon that start with the letter Z... have some fur, claws, and a tail... ZANGOOSE!! I mean come on people, its totally a Zangoose evolution!

DarKnighT_0_9
February 6th, 2010, 08:20 PM
Actually a lot of people have mentioned that it is Z i dont think its an evo of zangoose. zangoose doesnt have a long nose/snout. Maybe tho...who knows...?

Eos Aduro
February 6th, 2010, 08:22 PM
Well evolutions are never identical but slightly bigger than pre-evos, look at Shroomish and Breloom. Zangoose is the Cat Ferret pokemon, that possibly evolves into... a Normal-Fighting Kitsune?

DarKnighT_0_9
February 6th, 2010, 08:30 PM
I know what you mean I just don't see it.

NocturnLeader
February 6th, 2010, 08:31 PM
Its going to be a Dark/Grass Werwolf Pokemon! That'd be so Kicka**! A legendary name Zee!

インフェルノの津波
February 6th, 2010, 08:35 PM
Zangoose evo sounds like a lot of sense.

Normal/Fighting, Seviper evo Poison/Dark. It actually makes sense...

Jubilation
February 6th, 2010, 08:38 PM
Highly doubt it, it has a more chance of being a Ninetails evolution than Zangoose.

.Gamer
February 6th, 2010, 08:51 PM
A) They better not make a Zangoose Evo, or I have to kill everyone who works at nintendo/gamefreak, srsly, Zangoose is good enough as is, and it means that they have to make a Seviper evo, and thats too predictable.

B) This (http://i122.photobucket.com/albums/o267/nardoa/newpoke.jpg) is what I think the new one will look like.

C) I just want to know what the heck it looks like!!!!

Eos Aduro
February 6th, 2010, 08:54 PM
Highly doubt it, it has a more chance of being a Ninetails evolution than Zangoose.

It being a Ninetales evolution actually makes less sense. Ninetales has a BST (Base Stat Total) of 505. Thats pretty high for an evolution. The highest ever was 515, Porygon2, and when he evolved it only went up by 20 to 535. If it is a Ninetales evolution, it porbably won't be huge. It would also have to have 2 items to evolve, seeing how Vulpix and Ninetales are Fire Stone evolvers. Porygon2 and Z are actually the only Pokemon to ever have that (fun facts). So, its possible, but Zangoose is more likely for reasons of item, BST (his is 458, just right), and the timing is better, after all the new evolutions from RBY in 4th gen, they may find it necessary to use more from 3rd. But thats just speculation. And an obvious point, Z has one tail. Thats just a giant leap backwards...

Mightyena is possible, he has good BST and evolved early, with no items. But the body shape isnt really that of a Hyena, even though thats a blurred line. He's definitely my second choice if Z is an evolution.

Absol is also a good choice, medium BST, and the body shape is ok. Its not as feral looking as Z, but the possibility is medium. This is more me not having a good feeling about it, but I could definitely be wrong.

Skuntank... just no. I dont feel like putting a reason... just no.

Lucario is a giant NO!! Its already SUPER powerful, with a BST of 525, and powerful moves. He's already featured as a main character in the movies, was already SUPER hyped, he's in SSBB for gods sakes! If its Lucario I quit playing Pokemon.

Weavile is similar to Lucario with it being powerful already. It evolved with an item, so it would have to double evolve, it will have evolutions spanning 5 gens, similar to Magmortar and Electivire, but I dont think it will happen.

Floatzel, Im not sure about it, Z doesnt follow the common swirl tail pattern, or look buoyant in any possible way. But stats wise that could work, as well as item.

Pachirisu, I cant see that transitioning between the two...

Thats if it evolves :P

Chibi Robo
February 6th, 2010, 09:04 PM
Honestly to me looks like a lucario evo. Since it is one of the most "popular" pokemon that isn't a legend its more then likley a lucario evo. The body is the same figure as lucario same with the feet, the one arm that shows and the head. The hair will probably throw some people off and think its like a zigzagoon evo or something. It's either a Lucario evo or a completley new pokemon. We'll just have to wait and see.

Marilynasol
February 6th, 2010, 09:09 PM
Even though I really don't think it's possible, it looks like either a Mewthree or an evolution to Hypno. I don't want neither.

Kendall
February 6th, 2010, 09:13 PM
I agree with the shape looking like a Sandslash evo, but this is supposed to be "Z", which means it can transform itself (possibly, as we have seen from the movie screenshots, into Ash). What pokemon do we have currently that could evolve into something that could do that? I can't think of anything off the top of my head. I think if it is Z, it's a completely new pokemon.

Eos Aduro
February 6th, 2010, 09:15 PM
Well its not proven that the alternate Ash is Z, although it is likely. If it IS in fact the alternate Ash, then it will definitely be a new Pokemon, possibly a legendary. But this movie is mostly supposed to be about Celebi and the Legendary Beasts I assume, so Z may not have a role worthy of a legend.

The Last Sentinel
February 6th, 2010, 09:22 PM
Im thinkin if it can transform could it be a ditto evo (i dnt think so though).

☆DiaIsDia☆
February 6th, 2010, 09:52 PM
For 5th Gen, I'd like to see more unique starters. Maybe a Kangaroo. And cooler looking Playable Characters.
I'd like them to remake RSE with the Battle Frontier [Hoenn] returning.
A remake of Kanto would be nice but not really needed cuz it's overused.
But what I'd really like to see is moar EEVEELUTIONS!!! X3

DarKnighT_0_9
February 6th, 2010, 09:57 PM
For 5th Gen, I'd like to see more unique starters. Maybe a Kangaroo. And cooler looking Playable Characters.
I'd like them to remake RSE with the Battle Frontier [Hoenn] returning.
A remake of Kanto would be nice but not really needed cuz it's overused.
But what I'd really like to see is moar EEVEELUTIONS!!! X3

Umm there is technically a remake of Kanto in HGSS...

Waffle-San
February 6th, 2010, 10:33 PM
Honestly to me looks like a lucario evo. Since it is one of the most "popular" pokemon that isn't a legend its more then likley a lucario evo. The body is the same figure as lucario same with the feet, the one arm that shows and the head. The hair will probably throw some people off and think its like a zigzagoon evo or something. It's either a Lucario evo or a completley new pokemon. We'll just have to wait and see.

I think the reason you just stated is exactly why it wouldn't be a Lucario evolution. Lucario is already so powerful and so popular that there is no need to give it a new evolution. Why take a pokemon that's generally loved and change it? In other words, "If it ain't broke, don't fix it."

The more I think about it the more I think it is just a new pokemon all together but if it is an evolution I really hope it's to something like Sandsash or Zangoose. Relatively forgotten pokemon that need a new lease on life.

¡Laxbe!'s ideas about the opposite to Arceus is cool, though it doesn't have that same "All powerful" feel to it, probably cause of it being humanoid. Though if you showed me a silhouette of Arceus and I had never seen an Arceus before I probably would have though it was som Stantler evolution or something :P Definately like that idea.

Also I think later I'm going to try and make a list of animals that haven't been created into pokemon thus far. Anyone care to help?

Kirbychu
February 6th, 2010, 10:40 PM
Pokebeach (http://pokebeach.com/2010/02/corocoros-website-shows-new-pokemons-silhouette-as-well) is making me think Mightyena. According to wikipedia werewolves do shape-shift according to some legends. This makes Mightyena my #1 choice for an evo. I personally think this guy is something completely different though. I feel like it's reddish-orange for some reason...

Waffle-San
February 6th, 2010, 11:22 PM
Pokebeach (http://pokebeach.com/2010/02/corocoros-website-shows-new-pokemons-silhouette-as-well) is making me think Mightyena. According to wikipedia werewolves do shape-shift according to some legends. This makes Mightyena my #1 choice for an evo. I personally think this guy is something completely different though. I feel like it's reddish-orange for some reason...

Can't say I knew that about Werewolves. 0.0 Cool theory!!
(Also the test in your sig is nuts!!)

Okay so correct me if I'm wrong but animals/plants/objects/mythological creature that haven't been developed into pokemon/could be made again. (And I know I'll screw up on this.)

1) Bears in general. I know there is Teddiursa and Ursaring. But that doesn't cover Koala Bears, Panda Bears, Polar Bears etc.
2) Dolphin. Kyogre is an orcha but that's the closest it gets.
3) Many other marine life. There's really too many to name them all. The possibilities are endless.
4) Griffin/winged beast. There are major possibilites with this.
5) Squirrel. It's been touched on with many pokemon drawing similarites but nothing's been a true blue squirrel.
6) Beaver. It'd be easy to make a beaver pokemon with no relation to Bidoof or Bibarel
7) Otter. Same as above. Could make an otter pokemon that looks nothing like Buizel of Floatzel.
8) Parrots, Puffins and Peacocks. (Alliteration unitentional :P) There are many birds that haven't really been recreated in the pokemon world. Chatot is the closest to a Parrot and is isn't really...

Just a little list. I know the possibilities really are endless (and that things can be re-done and don't have to be based on animals) but those are just some things I thought could be developed into awesome pokemon and are relatively original. I didn't even delve into mixes, don't want to make it too complicated. :P Anyone care to add any more?

m.vit
February 7th, 2010, 12:47 AM
It looks a lot familiar...
Yep, Omega-Xis from Megaman StarForce http://media.giantbomb.com/uploads/0/8674/360782-300px_omega_xis_large.jpg

coco33
February 7th, 2010, 12:52 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N8ByBnyWReM&feature=related
what pkmn is it its DENFINTLY a 5th gen

Sora's Nobody
February 7th, 2010, 01:03 AM
Man i'm defenetly gonna watch the movie when its out, it looks like statisticly if you look at the other d/p movies, it'll probably be out in english in february next year

Haza
February 7th, 2010, 01:16 AM

Omg, I totally thought of the Werewolf thing first, proof a few posts back. and I had no clue why Mightyena is randomly in that advertisment either among all of the stars of the film... Im certainly on the Mightyena Evo bandwagon... if we think about it, its quite common for the first pokemon of new generations to be those related to previous pokemon being an evo or pre evo.

Secondly, it would make a lot of sense too. In many cultures, especially Native American cultures, Werewolves are looked upon as shapeshifters. Also, Mightyena is a Dark type already. Its a perfect set up. Just watch Harry Potter or Twighlight. If you look at the pokemons body structure, it looks a lot like a biped Werewolf. Pokebeach stole my idea! ): haha

BakingBluePotatoe
February 7th, 2010, 01:53 AM
I too am on the Mightyena Evo bandwagon.

It only makes sense.

Sora's Nobody
February 7th, 2010, 01:54 AM
http://i50.tinypic.com/a2tyy0.jpg This image seems to suggest that this will be like a crystal remake or something, which is rather dissapointing. this image comes from corocoro

billi1000
February 7th, 2010, 02:07 AM
I say it's a lucario evo, it has the same body structure, and a pokemon holding a main roll in a movie must be imo a pokemon with a certain importance from previous events otherwise a completely new pokemon as Lucario has starred in a movie before give it some spot light and would be more likely to be given the spotlight in the future rather than a pokemon like mightyena or pachirisu.. But why the letter z? What way should z really Stand for???

Toxicroak
February 7th, 2010, 02:09 AM
Silhouette! Hom mah god!
http://serebii.net/announcement.jpg

The legs look a little like sableye, that could either be a pony tail or some sort of claw...

either way, it looks epic!

Waffle-San
February 7th, 2010, 02:17 AM
Starting to jump on the Mightyena bandwagon as well... I just can't make up my mind. :P

http://i50.tinypic.com/a2tyy0.jpg This image seems to suggest that this will be like a crystal remake or something, which is rather dissapointing. this image comes from corocoro

I don't think so, it just seems to be showing every pokemon game released (in the main series) over the years including the year it came out. I can't read Japanese but it almost seems like a, "2009 brought us Platinum, what does 2010 have in store!?"
It does only have one game title but why would they release a new pokemon for a second gen re-make?

HackMew
February 7th, 2010, 02:19 AM
Gen 2 was on the gameboy colour... did not work for the gameboy. Gameboy and gameboy colour are two compelatly different consoles...

Wrong. Only Crystal required a Game Boy Color. Gold and Silver could be played on Game Boy Pocket too, for example.

Sora's Nobody
February 7th, 2010, 02:19 AM
I don't think so, it just seems to be showing every pokemon game released (in the main series) over the years including the year it came out. I can't read Japanese but it almost seems like a, "2009 brought us Platinum, what does 2010 have in store!?"
It does only have one game title but why would they release a new pokemon for a second gen re-make?
Yeah... i just thought it was a bit weird

Toxicroak
February 7th, 2010, 02:25 AM
we should try and draw in what we think it would look like :)

Haza
February 7th, 2010, 02:29 AM
When I saw that poster I didn't take it as there being a 3rd installment, but just the next step in Pokemon. I doubt there would be a number of new Pokemon in a 3rd installment to HGSS.

Toxicroak
February 7th, 2010, 02:34 AM
this is what i see the picture as...
http://i678.photobucket.com/albums/vv141/MetalPly/tox033.png
im hoping in wrong cos that looks crap

Co500
February 7th, 2010, 02:39 AM

im thinking it will be white and purple or blue with purple/blue streak at the top

JeTz
February 7th, 2010, 02:40 AM

It doesn't look crap but.. just abit.. weird ? It's just like Lucario with some hair =D

Haza
February 7th, 2010, 02:49 AM
http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm46/keshikins/newpoke.png
Best interpretation yet

Toxicroak
February 7th, 2010, 02:53 AM
http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm46/keshikins/newpoke.png
Best interpretation yet

bricks were shat.

that looks epic

Fire Wolf
February 7th, 2010, 02:53 AM
rN Haza, good one. I also think that it is a Mightyena evo.

iLaxbe!
February 7th, 2010, 02:54 AM
That image is from Keshi (PokéBeach Forums).

After seeing PokéBeach's assumption, I am pretty sure it's Mightyena's evolution (if it is an evolution). I'm just not sure if it is Z anymore. Maybe Z is yet to be revealed.

With CoroCoro's image, we can see it'll be the new version's mascot, no doubt.