PDA

View Full Version : Megaman Discussion

Esmas
February 6th, 2010, 09:30 AM
Mega Man 10 is an upcoming downloadable game available exclusively for WiiWare, Playstation Network and Xbox Live Arcade, a follow-up to Mega Man 9, also for the same services. For all those Mega Man fans, Mega Man 10 will be released soon! The release date is March 2010 in North America, and Spring 2010 in Japan.

What I like about this game is that it uses the same classic Mega Man graphics that we've all come to love, and they never get old. With this and a brand new storyline and a whole new array of 'robot masters', Mega Man 10 offers nostalgic gameplay, another catastrophic storyline and now you can not only play as Mega Man himself, but as Proto Man and an unnamed third character!! That just screams awesomeness for me ♥

Here's the general plot:
A deadly robotic illness, known as Roboenza, begins to infect robots, causing them to break down and malfunction, with Roll unfortunately being one of the victims. A month following the outbreak, the infected robots go berserk and attempt to overtake the world. It's up to Mega Man, must stop them with the aid of Proto Man and an unnamed third playable character.

So yeah, what do you think about the near-arriving release of MM10? Will you definitely be saving up to buy it? Which character will you play as most often? Who do you think will be the third playable character? I don't know about you, but I really can't wait ;_;

NOT to be confused with Mega Man X :3;

Click for the official Mega Man 10 website (http://megaman.capcom.com/10/) :)

thedestinedblade
February 6th, 2010, 10:06 AM
Plots were pretty much nonexistent for most of the classic games, but it's still my favorite of the Megaman series. They were just the most fun in my opinion. I've played up to 8, and never got around to downloading 9, but I think I'll be getting this when it's released.

Esmas
February 6th, 2010, 11:26 AM
Yeah. Storylines were pretty basic for the classic games (such as the classic Mario games), but Mega Man usually had the more complex ones, aside from Pokémon. And yeah, I never actually downloaded Mega Man 9, but once 10 is released, I'll for sure be downloading it, or else Capcom'll be releasing a huge stack of games before I ever get to playing them!

I played Mega Man 1 through 8, and they were all similar yet different in gameplay (Anniversary Collection is awesome :3). Each had their own challenges to overcome, different stages to explore and different strategies to figure out. I just disliked 7 and 8 because of the huge jump in graphics and too many features. I'm glad they took their step back and returned to the classic MM graphics. And then there are the Robot Masters, who always have something really cool up their sleeves!

I can't wait. Two great games, in my knowledge, are coming in March: Pokémon HeartGold and SoulSilver and Mega Man 10 :)

A Pixy
February 6th, 2010, 11:26 AM
Mega Man 9 was novel.
Mega Man 10 feels like I'm being milked.

AND THAT'S HORRIBLE! :U

Ochigi
February 6th, 2010, 06:17 PM
Yeah..Post ur FC or something if u wanna become brothers or battle! ^^

Åzurε
February 6th, 2010, 06:18 PM
I would, but I don't have Wi-Fi right now. D=
I might get it soon, so placeholder, and I haven't played it in a while, so I'm a touch rusty. Can't find any sword-flurry level-X cards for the life of me, though...

Ochigi
February 6th, 2010, 06:22 PM
XD lol i just beat sirius..IT WAS SOOO HARD GETTING PAST GRAVE JOKER & ACID ACE R! and lol which noise do you have?I have Wolf noise..im looking for gemini noise...lol

Åzurε
February 6th, 2010, 06:31 PM
Wolf and Gemini are my favorites next to Rogue, and I can't use that. I have Wolf right now. Wait, do you have Joker or Ace? Black Ace over here.

Ochigi
February 6th, 2010, 06:43 PM
XD I have Black Ace. I have a brother so i cant use rogue but rogue is awesome..and Exactly the same favorites with me..Wolf and gemini FTW!

Esmas
February 7th, 2010, 01:01 PM
Mega Man 9 was novel.

AND THAT'S HORRIBLE! :UHOW DO YOU KNOW WHAT IT FEELS LIKE TO BE MILKED?! o3o

Oh, here's the list of the 8 Robot Masters: Strike Man, Solar Man, Sheep Man, Pump Man, Nitro Man, Commando Man, Chill Man and Blade Man. Pretty generic designs, nothing really is out of the main line's way, except for Sheep Man. :|

The game looks pretty challenging, looking at videos and stuff.

Shadow
February 7th, 2010, 01:15 PM
Nitro Man

Crash Bandicoot!

But yeah, I'm glad the first came did so well that they're able to make another retro classic.

Ivysaur
February 7th, 2010, 01:36 PM
Sheep Man. I want to see that XD

Well, I downloaded 9 and it quickly became one of my favourite Wii games ever (and that's slightly sad XD), so I'll go for this one. A good 8-bit challenge always comes in handy.

Crystal-Heart
February 7th, 2010, 01:43 PM
Mega Man 9 was novel.

AND THAT'S HORRIBLE! :U
MegaMan 9 was awesome, it wouldn't make any sense to not make another one. Besides rumor had it that they were originally not going to make a MegaMan game on a current generation system because it would cost too much. Not to mention the classic series is finally being continued.

I believe that the 3rd playable character will be Bass, no big surprise if it is, or it may even be Roll, since she was originally going to be a co-up playable character in MegaMan 2 and she was playable in MegaMan Powered Up.

Caelus
February 7th, 2010, 06:03 PM
Megaman 9 has been my favorite since I first played it, so I'm hoping that this game is even better. :D

And from what I have seen, the robot masters are pretty cool.

Ochigi
February 7th, 2010, 06:08 PM
Is there even a need for a new megaman?(I personally dislike the original megaman series for some reason..I don't know why..)They should make a Starforce Four...Lol.

Crystal-Heart
February 7th, 2010, 06:15 PM
Eh..I preferred the MegaMan Zero and ZX series. Although I still love the Classic and X series, I guess I'm just a good ol' platforming fangirl.

I was honestly hoping for a few more female robot masters in MegaMan 10 though, since Splash Woman was so awesome.

kacqn
February 7th, 2010, 06:22 PM
I also have Black Ace. I use to have Rogue Noise, but now I got Libra, my first noise was Ophiucus. If anyone needs my friend code, ask me.

Ochigi
February 8th, 2010, 04:32 AM
I also have Black Ace. I use to have Rogue Noise, but now I got Libra, my first noise was Ophiucus. If anyone needs my friend code, ask me.

I'll battle you.What is your current noise?
Mine is Wolf.

Esmas
February 8th, 2010, 12:46 PM
So I guess we got off-topic enough for someone to change this to just Mega Man Discussion, but that's fine D;

So, here's a question for everyone: do you think Capcom should make another game (or more games) following the Zero or ZX series? I think that they should, since they were some of my favourite games of all time, and they were highly original and playable.

I played ZX Advent and it was something new, and it was very nicely done. It'd be pretty cool if they decided to continue the Zero series (since we were never really told what happened to all of them), though I doubt that they'd backtrack back to the same handheld/console. But they DID backtrack from Mega Man 8 to MM9, so...

Actually, I just thought of Mega Man Zero for the DS, and that's a pretty good idea. ;D But they should really think of making a Mega Man game on the Wii. That'd be pretty successful, imo. And if we'd be able to use the Wii Gun controller, that would be even better.

As for making another Star Force game...I didn't play the 2nd and 3rd games, so I can't really rate that xD;

I absolutely cannot wait for Mega Man 10's release! o3o

Åzurε
February 8th, 2010, 02:55 PM
Megaman always needs moar Zero. ZX was pretty fun, I'd like it if they made more of those.

As for Star Force, 2 was worse than 1 imo, but 3 was much better. Spacing the games out some more would be beneficial if they make 4 really good.
They are making a Battle Network/Star Force crossover (probably based on time travel). It's been a while since I've checked news, but they have already held the fan-created character contest.

Esmas
February 8th, 2010, 03:26 PM
They are making a Battle Network/Star Force crossover:O

That'll be awesome. How will they do it, though? Will it be consisting of characters from BOTH games?
I'm really curious about how they'll time travel.

Åzurε
February 8th, 2010, 03:48 PM
According to the Wikipedia, the winner submission in the contest, Clockman/Clock Genius has been seen in the past (close to or overlapping with the timeline of the first Battle Network game), along with Geo and Mega, and Harp Note. I don't doubt that Clock-guy is actually responsible for the time travel in the first place...

Both Megamen (Megamans?) will be playable, with different attack styles. Both will use battle chips instead of battle cards (although I've been calling them chips the whole time. =P), and the map is based on BN's fighting system.

So it's characters from SF, meeting up with people from BN. Shaping up pretty well so far, huh?

Ochigi
February 9th, 2010, 04:45 AM
Now that sounds interesting! I'd like to see The Network Megaman vs. Starforce's Megaman!

JP
February 9th, 2010, 06:28 AM
:O

That'll be awesome. How will they do it, though? Will it be consisting of characters from BOTH games?
I'm really curious about how they'll time travel.

I'm definitely going to be looking forward to that. I heard it's mainly going to be a remake of the first Battle Network with new content though (that being the inclusion of the Star Force character I guess)

Ochigi
February 9th, 2010, 06:33 AM
Anybody have Megaman Starforce 3:Black Ace OR Red Joker?

Esmas
February 9th, 2010, 08:53 AM
Anybody have Megaman Starforce 3:Black Ace OR Red Joker?No, sadly. One of my friends have it though, and I've played it, and it's quite good. I just don't understand the whole thing XD I'm just stuck with Star Force Pegasus, and I'm still not done it, though it was released so long ago o3o

Ochigi
February 9th, 2010, 09:54 AM
Lol.
I prefer the Second and Third one.

Åzurε
February 9th, 2010, 10:27 AM
I liked the ideas behind 2, the introduction of Rogue, Phantom coming in, the beginning of Real Waves, Vega's story (if a bit cheesy at times), even the forms were okay. But all the card codes and Triple Tribe were too much for me. 3 turns in Triple Tribe can beat the final boss if you're lucky. Kinda lame like that. Though it did make for some awesome poison decks.

Btw, Pegasus > Dragon > Leo. ;)

Ochigi
February 9th, 2010, 01:20 PM
http://www.capcom.co.jp/rockman/exe_oss/

I FOUND THE CROSSOVER WEBSITE!

-does in your face dance- ^^ Too bad I can't read Japanese

kacqn
February 9th, 2010, 01:25 PM
http://www.capcom.co.jp/rockman/exe_oss/

I FOUND THE CROSSOVER WEBSITE!

-does in your face dance- ^^ Too bad I can't read JapaneseI google translated it. Not much things translated.

Ochigi
February 9th, 2010, 02:09 PM
Same.I translated it too.
The game doesn't seem that interesting.

Esmas
February 13th, 2010, 09:40 AM
Yeah, it doesn't look all that great. Back to the same style of graphics, I see D:

Jeremy
February 13th, 2010, 09:51 AM
Well sweeties, I loved the Mega Man series.
Personally Mega Man 2 and 3 are my all time favorite.
Mega Man 9 was a nice throwback. I'm kinda worried if 10 is milking the franchise, but hopefully it will be great.

Is anybody getting the Mega Man Zero collection?

Esmas
February 13th, 2010, 10:18 AM
Is anybody getting the Mega Man Zero collection?There's a Mega Man Zero collection?! :O Thanks for letting me know! XD I'm definitely getting it, though I've already played and beaten the games, it'll be fun to play them again.

How will they work, though? Will the screen sizes be expanded or remain the same? And will it feature the touch screen or not? I wouldn't mind them being the same, but if it's for the DS, then I hope they imply all of the features of the device that are there for them to use.

Garland
February 16th, 2010, 09:45 AM
MM9 was absolutely FANTASTIC. MM10 had better impress.

JP
February 16th, 2010, 10:50 AM
There's a Mega Man Zero collection?! :O Thanks for letting me know! XD I'm definitely getting it, though I've already played and beaten the games, it'll be fun to play them again.

How will they work, though? Will the screen sizes be expanded or remain the same? And will it feature the touch screen or not? I wouldn't mind them being the same, but if it's for the DS, then I hope they imply all of the features of the device that are there for them to use.

If I remember reading right, they'll just be like the old games but on DS.

I'll get the collection if they ever reach North America lol.

Esmas
March 6th, 2010, 08:52 AM
Yay! Mega Man 10 has been released on WiiWare! :]
Now all I need to do is save up $10 after pre-ordering SoulSilver for $50...

Ivysaur
March 9th, 2010, 09:59 AM
I must say, the music on the regular levels isn't so appealing but the boss themes are the best up to date.

I have yet to listen to Wily Machine 2010, though. I hope it's as good as the previous fight themes.

Esmas
March 9th, 2010, 01:47 PM
Aha, I was hoping the regular level tunes were as rockin' as the ones in the older games, since you're usually in those areas longer and therefore get to chill with some awesome music D: But boss themes are fine, anyway >__<

So, how is the game overall, for anyone who's already gotten it?

Ivysaur
March 10th, 2010, 06:57 AM
The Easy Mode is the biggest joke I have ever seen. Super Mario Bros is harder than that D: Don't get near it unless you suck badly at videogames.

Megaman is the same from MM1, 2 and 9. The lack of the slide is specially annoying in some levels, where you could avoid quite a few traps that way. I'll see if that's true when I go on a Proto Man run later.

The levels are pretty much what you would expect, if well I miss a few more minibosses. They could have been a bit longer, but I can't really complain after dying 20 times on Blade Man's level.

The bosses make up for it by being quite hard (Solar Man... Solar Man. 4 E-Tanks wasted on him. wtf). It seems Dr. Wily realized his most legendary error, because the weapons barely do double damage to the robots they are more effective against, so you can easily run out of shots before some of them go down (Blade Man... Blade Man). Thanks god they made Weapon Tanks. An advice: get loads of them. The easiest boss out there is Sheep Man. Best candidate for first level. Oh, and Pump Man's (I think?) ability is deadly against minibosses and just strong enemies. Go for it.

Right now I'm on Wily's Castle 1. The first miniboss is awesome XD