PDA

View Full Version : R/S/E Monotype Challenge!

Pages : [1] 2

King!
February 6th, 2010, 03:06 PM
Since jonathondrag hasn't been on since November 1, I will be taking up the new monotype thread! In this challenge, you can choose one type of Pokemon, and you must beat either Ruby, Sapphire, or Emerald with a team of only that type.

Rules
1) Dual-Types are allowed.
2) You have beat your challenge when you defeat the Ellite Four and the Champion.
3) You are allowed to do a type, even if someone else is.
4) It isn't a race, so no need to rush!
5) No trading please, unless it is for evolution purposes.
6) Obviously, no cheating or hacking.
7) You may use emulators.
8) Only use Pokemon under your type!
9) At least one Pokemon, with the exception of Electric types, must be caught before you leave Dewford.
10) Please update frequently, and when you do, try to include what you've done, your team so far, and try to make it interesting. :)
11) Have fun!

Sign-Up
Username:
Type:
Version:

Challengers
Fire: Lant(3 Badges)
Water(Or 'Watah'): Grifstar(6 Badges), Katsayaki-Itsuki(1 Badges)
Grass: kieeeranz(0 Badges), The Opera Ghost(2 Badges)
Electric:
Ground: Sora247_2009(2 Badges), Satoshi Yamazaki(1 Badges), Alpha_Spike(4 Badges)
Rock: Houndoom17(1 Badge)
Steel: Liacri(5 Badges)
Poison: FaWa(4 Badges)
Bug: You Just Lost The Game(0 Badges)
Flying: Kingo!(2 Badges), Weatherman, Kiyoshi(7 Badges)
Fighting: JeTz(1 Badge)
Normal: slls81(3 Badges)
Dark: .Eclipse(5 Badges)
Ghost: Teh Blazer(2 Badges)
Psychic: gold1222(0 Badges),

Champions
Steel: JohnPaulJones(1)
Psychic: Hallylicious(3)
Grass: Ninja Caterpie(2)

Shinies
To come......

Banners/Userbars
To come........

If you would like to support by making a userbar or banner, please do. :) Thank you, King!

sasuneuchiha
February 6th, 2010, 03:12 PM
I would like to start out by saying that Dragon and Ice are also unobtainable from the beginning...

Okay then...

Name: Roxas ingame, .Eclipse outside. But you should know that
Type: You know this too, but dark for everyone else's purposes.
Version: Don't you know this? God...it's emerald.

FaWa
February 6th, 2010, 03:13 PM
Wazzah!

FaWa
Poison
Emerald

I'm putting all of my updates from the last thread here.

I've finally found how much I love this game...Even though it took a lot of level grinding to do anything. Poison is tough in the beginning (You'll see how this went down in the rest of this post) But I feel it offers a lot of rewards later on.

The First Gym Badge
-I started with Mudkip and immediately caught a Wurmple who luckily ended up as a Dustox (Horokeu). After going through all of the story stuff, I made it to Rustboro...And my frustration began.
-Roxanne's Nospass not only resisted my attacks, but also was amazingly strong for my poor Dustox. I had to grind Dustox to level 20 before I won.

The Second Gym Badge
-This was MUCH easier. 1HKO'd 90% of the Pokes in that gym, and I resisted fighting!
-Went through the cave and proceeded to go through the story. This was the time I really realized how much I loved this game- and how long it's been since I've played it.

The Third Gym Badge
-Caught Oddish (Ren Tao) and Gulpin (nomnomnom)
-Trained the two of them until they evolved.
-That. Magneton. Resisted. EVERY ATTACK I HAD. But after a ton of training, I was able to faint it. The other three were incredibly easy, but Magneton makes this gym the hardest yet. (Yes; Even harder then Roxanne.)

Current Party:

http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/sprites/emespr/emespr269.png
Dustox (Horokeu) (Lv. 27)
-Gust
-Psybeam
-MoonLight
-Protect

Horokeu is actually pretty good so far. He's the only access to phsycic moves I'll have in a while.

http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/sprites/emespr/emespr044.png

Gloom (Ren Tao) (Lv. 27)
-PoisonPowder
-Sleep Powder
-Acid
-Absorb

Not the hardest of hitters but still can cause poison and sleep. I am in great need of stronger attacking options here (Although he did take out Manectrec)

http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/sprites/emespr/emespr317.png

Swalot (nomnomnom) (Lv. 29)
-Body Slam
-Yawn
-Encore
-Shock Wave

No poison type moves (Deleted Sludge for Shock Wave) But is arguably the best on the team. Body Slam is really hard hitting for this early, Yawn and Encore are moves I use for my COMPETITIVE team including Swalot. Shock Wave is for coverage.

Note: A good friend of mine is doing a Dark monotype (Not logging though) and we will be battling after the 4th, 6th, and 8th gyms, and with our end parties. I will post those battles here. He skipped Mighteyena and only has a Lv. 31 Saybley (Around the same point I'm at. He had a MUCH easier time to get there though haha)

The Fourth Gym Badge
-I was EXTREMELY disappointed when I found Roselia wasn't available in Emerald. I skipped Koffing and Muk (They would ruin the awesome streak my team is having) and went straight for Route 114- And caught the almighty Seviper. I like it's moveset, so I think once I train it enough I'll be good to go :D. Im getting Tentacool at the next chance, and then my team shall be complete! (Unless I decide to go for Muk- which I doubt will happen.)
-The 4th gym was difficult, but not impossible. I took care of Numel with Seviper and Slugma with Gloom. Camerupt was a hard one but Swalot took care of him. Then that god damn Torkoal came out. This was my second try on it, and I learned that it would be better to take a stalling approach. I poisoned him, and proceeded to stall with Protect and Moonlight on Dustox, and then Gulpin's great defensive stats. I came out on top! (Thank god...)
-Now it's off to face my dad! I'll train up Seviper some more by then...Possibly get everyone to Lv. 32.

Current Party:

http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/sprites/emespr/emespr269.png
Dustox (Horokeu) (Lv. 30)
-Gust
-Psybeam
-MoonLight
-Protect

Not any real changes- Just leveling.

http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/sprites/emespr/emespr044.png

Gloom (Ren Tao) (Lv. 30)
-PoisonPowder
-Sleep Powder
-Acid
-Absorb

Again, no changes. But I'm still waiting to get Giga Drain D:

http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/sprites/emespr/emespr317.png

Swalot (nomnomnom) (Lv. 31)
-Body Slam
-Toxic
-Encore
-Shock Wave

Swapped Yawn for Toxic. He's pretty good, and I'm sure he'll help in the E4.

http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/sprites/emespr/emespr336.png

Seviper (Loci) (Lv. 26)
-Wrap
-Screech
-Bite
-Poison Tail

I really love his moveset. Screech is always good, Wrap is ok, and Bite/PT do wonders in terms of coverage. He's just a little underleveled.

It turns out my friend "Accidently" Challenged and beat the 5th gym leader. So we'll be skipping the battle we should've had >_<

King!
February 6th, 2010, 03:19 PM
^ I had been following yyou in that thread, glad to see you've joined. :) It's okay.....

As for me, I am doing a Flying type challenge in Emerald...
~Named player Queen, female
~Chose Mudkip
~Done all of the other stuffz, yadda yadda
~Beat rival
~Caught a Wingull
~Caught a Wurmple
~Turned off game after Wurmple evolved.

So, currently I am training in route 104. More exciting updates later, but both Flutterby(Wurmple and Wing (Wingull) are level six!

FaWa
February 6th, 2010, 03:25 PM
^ I had been following yyou in that thread, glad to see you've joined. :) It's okay.....

As for me, I am doing a Flying type challenge in Emerald...
~Named player Queen, female
~Chose Mudkip
~Done all of the other stuffz, yadda yadda
~Beat rival
~Caught a Wingull
~Caught a Wurmple
~Turned off game after Wurmple evolved.

So, currently I am training in route 104. More exciting updates later, but both Flutterby(Wurmple and Wing (Wingull) are level six!

Flying is a really fun one imo. But having Rock and Electric thrown at you in the very beginning is frustrating. Tropius <33 haha

King!
February 6th, 2010, 03:29 PM
Yes, definitely. That's why Wingull helps. :) As for Wattson, I have no clue what I am planning on doing... xD Ugh, Wurmple keeps evolving into Cascoon. Is there something that counts towards what Wurmple evolves into?

FaWa
February 6th, 2010, 03:40 PM
Edit: Scratch that. It's random, so keep trying!

King!
February 6th, 2010, 03:56 PM
Yeah, but it is determined before the Wurmple evolves, so mine was a dud. xD On the bright side, I just caught a Taillow named TaiTai.
So now I have a level five Taillow and a level Seven Wingull. :)

sasuneuchiha
February 6th, 2010, 04:11 PM
Alright, King. I said I'd do this, so ha!

Started, named self Roxas 'cause he's smexy.

Got Mudkip (ditched almost just as fast)

Beat Zigzagoon (easily)

Found May

Raped Beat her

Got the dex and pokeballs...

Caught a Poochyena...

Leveled endlessly while searching for a Seedot...

Found a Seedot...

Caught said Seedot

Considered naming the Seedot something inappropriate

Didn't

Started it's training

In other words, team summary

Poochyena, Level 10

Tackle
Howl
Sand Attack

Seedot, Level 3

Bide
Harden

King!
February 6th, 2010, 04:21 PM
^ lolq, I never knew you were so naughty Eclipse. But nice update, nonetheless. I am going to put progress in the OP, so hang tight!

As for my team....

Wing-Wingull-Docile- Level 8
~Growl
~Supersonic
~Water Gun

TaiTai-Taillow-Careful- Level 8
~Peck
~Growl
~Focus Energy
~Quick Attack

Ninja Caterpie
February 6th, 2010, 05:05 PM
I feel like trying, going to beat Emerald with GRASS.

Allow me to start.

Dark Sceptile
February 6th, 2010, 05:19 PM
I'll do this.

Gold1222
Psychic
Emerald

King!
February 6th, 2010, 05:25 PM
^Both of you may start you challenges. Best of luck! I'll add you now.

Ninja Caterpie
February 6th, 2010, 06:13 PM
First gym completed, update added.

Started with Treecko (no duh, best grass type in the game) and caught a Shroomish (Tecko and Shodders respectively). Defeated Roxanne with ease.

Then went on and defeated Brawly (Leech Seed FTW!).

I need to find a Lotad now for Flash, even though I know the design of Dewford Cave off by heart.

QUICK EDIT: Finished getting that thing there for Steven, and I'm getting a little seasick. Accidentally going back and forth.

King!
February 6th, 2010, 06:26 PM
^ Nice update, I'll add Two badges to your thing.

As for me, my second Wurmple evolved into a Silcoon! :D

Ninja Caterpie
February 6th, 2010, 11:19 PM
Quick update, defeated Wattson now.

Team:

Breloom LV29
- Headbutt
- Mach Punch
- Leech Seed
- Mega Drain

Destroyer of worlds, especially when he's ten levels higher than everything else.

Grovyle LV29
- Cut
- Pursuit
- Leaf Blade
- Absorb

Is good thanks to Leaf Blade. Will be great once Level 36 comes around.

Oddish LV14
- Flash
- Sweet Scent
- Absorb

HM slave.

Lotad LV12
- Absorb
- Astonish
- Something

Trying to level to become Lombre so I can teach Rock Smash.

King!
February 7th, 2010, 06:39 AM
Ninja Caterpie~ Did you end up teaching Lotad Flash?

As for me...
Silcoon evolved again, and I caught a Nincada name Ninja. I accidentally turned the game off after training, so I had even MORE training to do. But once Nincada learned Sand Attack, I decided to challenge Roxanne. The first time I fought her I lost, so I made a strategy and tried again...

I sent out Beautifly first, which was a major mistake, Geodude killed her in one hit with Rock Tomb.
I switched to Wing, who took out the next two Geodudes with one Water Gun each.
I switched to Taillow, who took a Rock Tomb and fainted.
I sent in Nincada, and spammed Sand Attack. Surprisingly, little Nincada did really good! The Nosepass' accuracy couldn't go any lower, so I kept using Leech Life until that ran out. Then I used Scratch. By the time Ninja had died, Nosepass had already used it's berry and Roxanne had used her ption on it.
I sent out Wing, who finished Roxanne off in two Water Guns. :)

sasuneuchiha
February 7th, 2010, 06:45 AM
Okay...longISH update here.

Trained endlessly in the forest.

Beat the Aqua Grunt...

Taught my Seedot Bullet Seed

Trained...

Fought gym

Seedot evolved

Lost to Roxanne first time, came back, beat her

Saved Peeko

Got mission to go deliver package and letter

Left for Briney's cabin

Got to Dewford

Caught a Sableye

Trained team.

Poochyena evolved!

Current team:

Mightyena, Level 18

Tackle
Howl
Odor Sleuth
Bite

Nuzleaf, Level 16

Bide
Nature Power
Growth
Bullet Seed

Sableye, Level 14

Leer
Scratch
Astonish
Night Shade

Hope you enjoy!

King!
February 7th, 2010, 09:58 AM
@Eclipse~ Yeah, we enjoydeded it. xD Good update, but have you beaten the second gym?

I Laugh at your Misfortune!
February 7th, 2010, 04:29 PM
Alright, I'll take bug type on Sapphire version :D

King!
February 7th, 2010, 04:31 PM
D: Shame on you YJLTG... Shame on you...... xD But yeah, good luck, I'll add you.

February 7th, 2010, 04:51 PM
hey, guys, random question to help settle an argument between me and Kingo!

Since I'm using an emulator, would you consider using the speed up toggle cheating?

UPDATE:

- Named character Hiro
- Chose Mudkip
- Defeated May on Route 103
- Caught a Wurmple on Route 102. Boxed Mudkip.
- Wurmple evolved into Cascoon.
- After hours of searching, found a Surskit on Route 102.
- Reached Petalburg woods and caught a Silcoon
- Cascoon evolved into Dustox
- Beat the gym trainers with surskit, but roxanne killed me with Rock tomb
- Went to grind. Silccon evolved, caught nincada.
- Beat Roxanne at last. Nosepass lost to Nincada, lv. 6
- Rescued peeko and the devon goods.
- Received Pokénav and Letter. Decided to call it a day

Team

Nincada Lv. 8
- Scratch
- Harden
- Leech Life

Beautifly Lv. 11
- Harden
- Absorb

Dustox Lv. 11
- Tackle
- Confusion
- Poison Sting
- Harden

Surskit Lv. 12
- Bubble
- Quick Attack

PlatniumPiano
February 7th, 2010, 05:40 PM
Hehehe... I haven't played a game of Ruby in 2 years or so. Plus the R/B/Y Monotype died :[
So sign me up!

JohnPaulJones/PlatniumPiano
Steel (Sounds difficult:P)
Ruby (Go to hell Emerald!)

Still debating if I should use VBA or not though... Oh wait stupid question. VBA.
I have no idea how fast progress will be though :/ I'll try to post a brief update at least once a week.

EDIT: Wow... A quick look at the 'dex shows there's only 6 steel types in the game 0.0 This will be ridiculous haha. Is it okay if I catch and use Registeel?

And a quick update...
-Went through the motions and named my character Dart.
-Rescued Birch with a Treecko (The best thing about R-S-E)
-Decided to stick with the original name of TREECKO.
-Leveled him up to 11, and stopped in Petalburg for now.

Team
TREECKO(Treecko) Level 11:
-Pound
-Leer
-Absorb
-Quick Attack

Grifstar
February 7th, 2010, 05:48 PM
..... >.>.... <.<...

I've been tempted to try one of these monotype challenges, and I've never completed Emerald, so...

Username: Grifstar (In-game name: Clefiea)
Type: Water
Version: Emerald

Let's see how far this train wreck goes. ;;

King!
February 7th, 2010, 05:58 PM
:D Great! Two new players. I'll add you both to the list, and best of luck! As for me, after much training, I beat Brawly easily. I also caught a Magikarp named GRAAAAH!!! and an HM Slave Nincada. I'll put more details up later....

Grifstar
February 7th, 2010, 07:39 PM
And so we begin!

- Got a Mudkip (named it Merky)
- Fought rival
- Caught a male Wingull, level 3 (Colonello, KHR refrence)
- Caught a male Lotad, level 4 (Maracos)

Still just hanging around at Oldale, haven't even fought the trainers on 102 yet. Might try to gain a couple of more levels first before moving on.

So basically a rundown:

http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/sprites/plmfa/258.png
Merky, Lv. 7
Adamant Nature (didn't have to soft reset or anything o_o)
- Tackle
- Growl
- Mud-Slap

http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/sprites/plmfa/270.png
Maracos, Lv. 4
Quiet Nature (something seems really ironic about this)
- Astonish
- Growl

http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/sprites/plmfa/278.png
Colonello, Lv. 3
Hasty Nature
- Growl
- Water Gun

Uh.. yeah, not much yet XD

PlatniumPiano
February 7th, 2010, 08:04 PM
UNBELIEVEABLE
You'll get this soon ^

Well here's part two of my challenge...
I got a little carried away, I think I've played too much tonight haha.
Anyways...

- Headed off through the Petalburg Woods and defeated the grunt
- Did a quick run-through up to the cave to get TREECKO up to lvl 16 so he could evolve into a GROVYLE
- Beat Roxanne and got Mr. Briney his beloved animal back 0.o
- With a level 21 GROVYLE, I headed to Dewford (Yay Steel ^_^)
- Rushed to Granite Cave upon landing, and scoured the grounds for an Aron and Mawile...
-...Which I succeded in! I named my newly caught Aron Brutality. Yeah, I know its cute, but Aggron's a beast.
- Almost immediatley after a Mawile appeared! I caught it easily, and named it Death (Going for a metal theme here *rimshots*).
- Today must be my lucky day Go Saints! because after a few more steps I ran into this:

http://i498.photobucket.com/albums/rr343/Dartfled/ShinyZubat.png
Lucky me, and I named it Shiny.

No hacks or anything. What you see is what you get. This made me so happy ^.^ Sorry, Kingo!, but I couldn't let this baby go!
- Saved immediatley, and headed to the center where I deposited Shiny (saving GROVYLE for level grinding).
- Shut down the VBA.

TEAM
Brutality/Aron, Lvl 9:
-Tackle
-Harden
-Mud Slap

Death/Mawile, Lvl 10:
-Astonish
-Fake Tears

GROVYLE/Grovyle, Lvl 21:
-Pound
-Fury Cutter
-Absorb
-Quick Attack

So there you have it!

Side note: This happens to be the 2nd shiny bat I've caught! The first was in my Ruby version cartridge (still have it), when a lvl 40 shiny Golbat appeared in Victory Road! I've only had one other shiny experience in Ruby... Pains me to talk about it. About my 2nd run-through of the game, I walked up to Groudon, and you guessed it... He was all blinged out 0_0 I didn't understand the rarity of shiny's at the time, and thus tried to Ultra Ball it *facepalm* Well, it died, and I was like, shoot. Oh well. No biggie.

Grifstar
February 7th, 2010, 08:23 PM
shkjshgfkl oh wow, luuuucky~ D:

I once found a shiny Pidgey in a semi-hacked Ruby (it was one of those "every pokemon in one game" hacks), first legit shiny ever besides Gyrados. Caught, stored it, then for some reason never saved it >>

And huh, the images disappeared in the last post I guess Psypoke really doesn't like hotlinking, fixed it now XD

*gets back to woooork~*

Updaaate~

- Got Colonello to about level 5 or so before finally making it through Route 102. Then power leveled Maracos once the Route was cleared until he finally learned Absorb. Moved ooonn~
- Got to Petalburg, blah blah blah Dad, blah blah Wally, blah blah annoying/delayed capturing tutorial
- Forgot Maracos was still in front when I ran into the rich lady on 104. But amazingly enough he soloed her completely (even with.. that freaking full restore >>)
- ... Solo'd the Aqua member too. (I'm... sorta proud of him ;^; )
- Eventually got out of the forest, totally forgot there was more trainers on the other side.. >>
- Realize 'Nello and Maracos make a horrible duo against another Lotad and Seedot. X_x (wasn't really hard just.. prolonging)
- Made it to Rustboro with everyone by now either at level 9 or 10.
- Soaked up more delicious exp at the first gym, that by the time I reached Roxanne I had 2 level 11s and a 10.
- Roxanne was pretty easy, though Rock Tomb usually ended up bringing my hp down to halfway. I was trying to have each Pokemon finish off one of hers since it was 3 on 3, but the Nosepass to got cheap on Merky and so Maracos had to take him also out instead. But still, Stone Badge geeet~ 8D

The Team:

Merky, Lv. 11
Adamant Nature
- Tackle
- Growl
- Mud-Slap
- Water Gun

http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/sprites/plmfa/270.png
Maracos, Lv. 13 (So close ;^; I was hoping he would've evolved in the battle with Roxanne)
Quiet Nature
- Astonish
- Growl
- Absorb
- Nature Power

Colonello, Lv. 11
Hasty Nature
- Growl
- Water Gun
- Supersonic

Ninja Caterpie
February 7th, 2010, 10:06 PM
Seeing as it's not a race, is it alright to use the VBA's speed-up thingo? Y'know, holding Spacebar to, usually, quadruple the speed or somesort?

Grifstar
February 7th, 2010, 10:50 PM
... I think so, at least, I've been using it too >>; *cough* (the throttle anyway, which only boosts it up to double speed)

At Dewford now. Haven't really done much since most of my time was spent fishing for a Tentacool. Still couldn't find one with a good nature, but I did finally find one with Clear Body at least so I give up.

Team Update:

Merky, Lv. 14
Adamant Nature
- Tackle
- Growl
- Mud-Slap
- Water Gun

http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/sprites/dpmfa/dpmfa271.png
Maracos, Lv. 14
Quiet Nature
- Astonish
- Growl
- Absorb
- Nature Power

Colonello, Lv. 13
Hasty Nature
- Growl
- Water Gun
- Supersonic
- Wing Attack (A nice little surprise for Brawly later~)

http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/sprites/dpmfa/dpmfa072.png
Mammon, Lv. 10 (Yet another KHR refrence)
Sassy Nature
- Poison Sting
- Supersonic

Buh, I think I'm calling it quits for tonight though..

slls81
February 8th, 2010, 12:54 AM
Go on then, I'll take a Normal type run on Ruby :)

Lant
February 8th, 2010, 12:58 AM
User name : Lant
Type : Fire
Version : emerald

slls81
February 8th, 2010, 01:50 AM
-Began game and called my character OWEN xD
-Chose Mudkip, coz i liek Mudkipz
-Nicknamed Mudkip ‘Slave’
-Beat May, got pokédex.
-Caught a Zigzagoon, named it ‘Ziggy’.
-Decided 'Pick Up' is the greatest ability ever when Ziggy got me an Ultra Ball.
-Did Petalburg, Wally etc.
-Saved Devon worker, then trained Ziggy up to Level 10 and saved.

Lant
February 8th, 2010, 01:55 AM
started the game... got a Torchic with an adamant nature. Lucky, cause i was planing to pump its attack ^^ trained it to lv10 n defeated rival. Caught a Zigzagoon to learn Hm n to get some valuable items ^^. Torchic evolved in Petalburg Woods. Soloed Rustboro City Gym with lv18 Combusken. Won Dewford Town win lv26 Combusken ^^ 10 more lv to lv up. Next stop Slateport City!

Defeated rival 3rd time, reached Mauville City n defeated Wally. Evolved into Blaziken while challenging Winstrate Family ^^. Won the Mauville Gym, solo with Blaziken.

JeTz
February 8th, 2010, 03:48 AM
User name : JeTz
Type : Fighting
Version : Emerald
Started this with a Emerald and I will be doing the Fighting Monotype challenge =)

Process 1
-Choose boy and name myself Jetz.
-Go up to my room and set that noob clock that bought by my stupid Dad.
-Withdrew Potion.
-Sit down and enjoy Prof.Birch get chased by Zigzagoon.
-Picked Torchic and nicknamed it FirahChick.
-Defeated May at route 103.
-Get back to Littleroot and received Pokedex , Pokeball and Running shoe from mom(bye suckar).
-Caught Zigzagoon and named it Slave01.
-Helped Wally caught his first Pokemon.
-Caught Shroomish and named it Shroomly
-FirahChick evolved into Combusken!
-Reach Rustboro and beat Roxanne with Shrommly and FirahChick easy.
-Saved Peeko and get the Devon Goods back to that guy.
-Defeated May before set sailed to Dewford.
-Lost to Brawly at first try. Went to deliver letter instead..
-Caught Makuhita and named it FatFat.
-Grinded FatFat to lv.18 and FirahChick to lv.23. FirahChick lose the fight with Makuhita again and luckily Shroomly success thrashed him out.
-Delivered the goods to Capt.Stern.
-Shroomly evolved into Breloom!
-Defeated May.
-Reached Mauville and defeated Wally with Shroomly OHKO Crit Headbutt.
-Beat Wattson at first attempt =].
-Saved.

Badge
http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/thumb/6/63/Stone_Badge.png/40px-Stone_Badge.png http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/thumb/9/97/Knuckle_Badge.png/40px-Knuckle_Badge.png http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/thumb/3/34/Dynamo_Badge.png/40px-Dynamo_Badge.png

Team

http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/1/1d/Spr_3r_256.png
FirahChick ♂ Lv.25
Naught Nature
-Scratch
-Peck
-Double Kick
-Ember

http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/a/ab/Spr_3r_286.png
Shroomly ♂ Lv.25
Impish Nature
-Mega Drain
-Headbutt
-Mach Punch
-Leech Seed

http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/4/4d/Spr_3r_296.png
FatFat ♂ Lv.24
Gentle Nature
-Fake out
-Focus Energy
-Vital Throw
-Arm Thrust

HM Slave
http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/b/bc/Ani263MS.png Slave01 ♀ - Cut , - , - , -

King!
February 8th, 2010, 04:54 AM
Omigawsh, updates updates UPDATES! Keep it up all of you, grrrreat job. slls (hi thar), Lant, and JeTz may start, although I see you already...er....have. ;)

JeTz~ Good, SOMEONE is doing an Emerald fighting challenge. I was going to, but lack of Medicham discouraged me. D: Tell me how it goes, and nice update.
Lant~ Seems like you're doing good. I liek Blazikenz. And mudkipz.
slls~ Very nice name, I liek. Although, why is it caps'ed like that? ;) :O YOU NAME STEALER YOU NAMED ZIGZAGOON ZIGGY! That is all. Good update.
Grifstar~ More Mudkipz. Good work!
JohnPulJones~ You luckah duck. No problem, I would have caught it too. Just, no using it in battles.

Okay, so, about the speed-toggle-VBA-emulator-thing-a-ma-jigger, I suppose, seeing as a good few of you have used it already, go on ahead and use it.

DARN IT YOU JUST LOST THE GAME YOU WON!

JeTz
February 8th, 2010, 05:02 AM
Haha, I just though that a fighting mono type challenge would be fun in Emerald so yeah!

Oh and I'm reserving this post as my process 2 but wont be done now. It's night time at my area so I will be properly doing this tomorrow =]

sasuneuchiha
February 8th, 2010, 07:02 AM
Alright...I guess I'm gonna have to update now.

Trained...a lot.

Went to gym and fought.

Beat down Brawley

Delivered letter.

Went to Slateport City.

Saw Dock.

Fought Aquas, delivered package.

Left for Mauville

Beat Wally

Went to Vertenturf

Found Blackglasses

Taught Sableye Rock Tomb

Faught Mauville Gym

Beat Watson

Got Mach Bike.

End of Update.

New stats!

Mightyena, Level 25 w/ Blackglasses

Tackle
Howl
Odor Sleuth
Bite

Sableye, Level 24

Rock Tomb
Fake Out
Astonish
Night Shade

Nuzleaf, Level 24 w/ Silk Scarf

Fake Out
Nature Power
Growth
Bullet Seed

Sora247_2009
February 8th, 2010, 08:13 AM
Well, nobody is doing ground yet, so I may as well give it a try. Expect updates sometime tomorrow afternoon.

King!
February 8th, 2010, 08:15 AM
Okay, so, update from me.....
After training a bunch in Granite Cave, I found my team suitable enough for the gym...
I beat all of the trainers, yush, then the big man himself.
I can't remember exactly how it went down...but I THINK it was easy. xD
Delivered the letter, all that stuffz.
Went back to Rustburo for a Exp. Share, which I immediately attached to GRAAAAH!!!
Sailed to Slateport and beat up everyone on the beach, triumphantly kicking sand in their eyes afterwards. :)
Did the Aqua crap in the museum.
Then I trained a whoooole bunch, and did the Trick House.
My Rival fell to the ground for the third time.
Upon reaching Mauville, somethign happened.......

Team:

http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/4/4f/Spr_3e_290.gif (http://www.pokecommunity.com/wiki/File:Spr_3e_290.gif)
Ninja~Nincada~Level 15~Lax
~Scratch
~Fury Swipes
~Leech Life
~Sand-Attack

http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/e/ec/Spr_3e_267.gif (http://www.pokecommunity.com/wiki/File:Spr_3e_267.gif)
Flutterby~Beautifly~Level 17~Bashful
~Stun Spore
~Absorb
~Gust
~Poison Sting

http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/b/b3/Spr_3e_278.gif (http://www.pokecommunity.com/wiki/File:Spr_3e_278.gif)
Wing~Wingull~Level 17~Docile
~Water Gun
~Supersonic
~Wing Attack
~Growl

http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/b/b9/Spr_3e_276.gif (http://www.pokecommunity.com/wiki/File:Spr_3e_276.gif)
TaiTai~Taillow~Level 18~Careful
~Wing Attack
~Growl
~Focus Energy
~Quick Attack

And finally...the big surprise.....

http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/a/a1/Spr_3e_130.gif (http://www.pokecommunity.com/wiki/File:Spr_3e_130.gif)
GRAAAAH!!!~Gyarados~Level 20~Docile
~Splash
~Tackle
~Bite

EDIT: Beat Wally, Sora is added. ^_^

Grifstar
February 8th, 2010, 11:55 AM
Hey, it doesn't matter what type the HM slave is, right? *already has one in mind*

And yes, Mudkipz, i mite liek dem |D

- Cleaned out Brawly's gym, but had some problems with Brawly himself. So went back to Granite to level some more.
- Evolved Merky 8D
- After a few more times with Brawly (because for some reason Mud Shot was refusing to even hit the broad side of a barn.. :|), he wasn't even really hard but... ugh, that Makuhita DX

But still, Knuckle Baaaadge~

http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/sprites/plmfa/259.png
Merky, Lv. 17
Adamant Nature
- Tackle
- Bide
- Mud Shot
- Water Gun

Colonello, Lv. 17
Hasty Nature
- Growl
- Water Gun
- Supersonic
- Wing Attack

Maracos, Lv. 15
Quiet Nature
- Astonish
- Growl
- Absorb
- Nature Power

Mammon, Lv. 11 (I really don't know how often I'm gonna be using him, actually >>)
Sassy Nature
- Poison Sting
- Supersonic

Next Episode: Finishing up Granite Cave, picking up the HM slave, meet Steven, head out to Slateport.

King!
February 8th, 2010, 12:46 PM
Nope, it doesn't matter. :) xD Next Episode...

As for me, Ninja evolved into Ninjask, but I STILL CAN'T BEAT STUPID WATTSON!!!!

Grifstar
February 8th, 2010, 01:56 PM
Ogawd, sooo not looking forward to Wattson either... D:

Then again, can't be too bad, with a Marshtomp >>

King!
February 8th, 2010, 03:00 PM
Yeah, so, I keep losing... Any ideas? Everyone is level 20.

February 8th, 2010, 03:02 PM
Aw, frick. There is a small chance that I forgot to save after last time....so now I'm starting right from the beginning again. Ah well, here we go!

- Named character Warren. Chose Mudkip.
- Caught Lv. 3 Wurmple
- Wurmple evolved into Cascoon
- While hunting for a Surskit, found 4 Ralts. Had to let them go D:

King!
February 8th, 2010, 03:11 PM
Hahaha, tough luck. xD I guess I have to take you badge off of the front post for carelessness. :)

PlatniumPiano
February 8th, 2010, 04:22 PM
Haha. First thing Kingo is that maybe you should level them up a little before you go ahead and defeat Watson? I'm not in Mauville yet and my guys are 25 lol.

Part 3................
This chapter in my adventure is characterized mostly by level grinding -_- but its okay because I'm on the mainland now!

- LEVEL GRIND. Level 9 to level 20 for Brutality and 10-20 for Death.
- I found that 20 is plenty for Brawly and easily defeated him lol I took types into consideration but it didn't register that my guys have beastly defense.
- Headed to Slateport and beat the Soda Club Kids!
- Took the boat back to Rustboro because I forgot cut *facepalm*
- Caught me my HM slave, a Zigzagoon named Sage after my racoon-looking dog
- Returned to Slateport and ate some Magma
- Trained my guys up a few levels and took on May without too much trouble (Nobody died! But that Combusken 0.o)
- Saved the game!

Team
Brutality/Aron, Lvl 25:
- Metal Claw
- Iron Defense
- Take Down
- Headbutt

Death/Mawile, Lvl 26:
- Bite
- Fake Tears
- Vicegrip
- Faint Attack

Sage/Zigzagoon, HM Slave, Lvl 4:
- Tackle
- Growl
- Cut

Grifstar
February 8th, 2010, 04:50 PM
... So uhh..

.... I pretty much utterly owned Wattson XD. No faints, didn't even have to switch.

i think i really do liek mudkipz

And so we're now at:

Merky ♂, Lv. 25 /w Soft Sand (probably the main reason why I won ;; )
Adamant Nature
- Tackle
- Bide
- Mud Shot
- Water Gun

Colonello ♂, Lv. 20
Hasty Nature
- Growl
- Water Gun
- Supersonic
- Wing Attack

Maracos ♂, Lv. 21
Quiet Nature
- Astonish
- Fake Out
- Absorb
- Nature Power

Mammon ♂, Lv. 12
Sassy Nature
- Poison Sting
- Supersonic
- Constrict

HM Slave
http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/sprites/dpmfa/dpmfa302.png
Greeza (I have no idea, lol) ♀, Lv. 9
Rash Nature
- Flash
- Scratch
- Cut
- Night Shade

Kingo: That's maybe you're best bet, sadly ;;. Having 2 water/flying already makes it really bad. Nincada is supposed to learn some ground moves but not until way later (like 30 and 40). It looks like you're just gonna overpower him with just sheer level difference >:

King!
February 8th, 2010, 06:02 PM
Yeah, I guess. D: The thing is, JohnPaulJones, I have five people and you have 2. xD So yeah, more training for da king....

PlatniumPiano
February 8th, 2010, 06:19 PM
Oh this is true lol. Speaking of which....

Part 4: WTF
I have no idea why Wattson was so hard! Had to restart ten times and my guys are level THIRTY.

- Made it to Mauville, got mah Mach Bike and Rock Smash.
- Destroyed all trainers I could (except on cycling road, saving those for Skarmory :P)
- Bit of grinding (and one rare candy :[) to get Brutality and Death to level 30.
- While I thought this was extreme overkill, I was wrong. Wattson easily owned me the first 5 times or so, and I only managed to beat him on sheer luck! I wish steel moves were more accurate...
- Saved the game, and took a breather after teaching Sage Rock Smash.

The Team
Death/Mawile, Level 30:
- Bite
- Fake Tears (Saved me vs. Magneton)
- Vicegrip
- Faint Attack

Brutality/Aron, Level 31:
- Metal Claw
- Iron Tail
- Take Down
- Headbutt

Sage/Zigzagoon (part of the "Underprivledged Woker's Party"), Level 4:
- Tackle
- Growl
- Cut
- Rock Smash

Hopefully I will get a Lairon before too long, and a Skarmory will be mine next post :badsmile:

Grifstar
February 8th, 2010, 06:37 PM
G-geez, and I thought steels were supposed to be pretty good for electrics. Well, resistant wise :|

Nothing much to report right now though. Got Rock Smash, gave it to Greeza, dodged trainers on 117, went through the tunnel, got exp share (8D!), now clearing out all the trainers I missed. Gonna do the Trick House next.

... Tentacools take way too long to level, but at least he's at 16 now >>

PlatniumPiano
February 8th, 2010, 06:44 PM
Where do you get EXP share again haha?

By the way, I got both the things I said I wanted in the last post :P

Check the new team...

The Team
http://ds.rothion.com/images/dp/skarmory.png
Impaler/Skarmory, Level 16:
-Peck
-Sand Attack
-Swift
-Agility
http://ds.rothion.com/images/dp/lairon.png
Brutality/Lairon, Level 32:
-Metal Claw
-Iron Tail
-Take Down
-Headbutt
http://ds.rothion.com/images/dp/mawile.png
Death/Mawile, Level 34:
-Bite
-Fake Tears
-Vicegrip
-Faint Attack

Grifstar
February 8th, 2010, 06:55 PM
I had to look it up earlier XD. But after you delivered the goods and letter to Steven you need to go back to Rustboro and talk to the president again, he'll give you it.

PlatniumPiano
February 8th, 2010, 09:09 PM
I had to look it up earlier XD. But after you delivered the goods and letter to Steven you need to go back to Rustboro and talk to the president again, he'll give you it.

Oh right lol. I might get that for Skarmory... I have a Ruby/Sapphire guide in my room I think! Haha

JeTz
February 9th, 2010, 01:23 AM
Alright let's proceed to process 2 =)

Process 2
-Loaded and start my journey from Mauville
-FatFat evolved to Hariyama after fighting 1 trainer.
-Saved Wanda and her lover from the break of rock smash.
-Grinded Slave to Lv.20 and evolved for the sake of Strength.
-Challenge the Winstrate Family and won.
-Caught a Machop and named it Champ.
-Grinded Champ abit.
-Help aqua thrashed magma.
-Evolved Champ into Machoke. Leveled FirahChick a little bit.
-Reach Lavaridge.Beat down Flannery! FatFat domination with the Crit hax from focus energy but got lose to Camerupt. FirahChic barely knocked down him but got K.O by Torkoal switch in Shroomly for leech seed and got OHKO by overheat. Last fighter, Champ was surprisingly win the battle. =]
-Saved and rest because just got back from school. =]

Badge
http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/thumb/6/63/Stone_Badge.png/40px-Stone_Badge.png http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/thumb/9/97/Knuckle_Badge.png/40px-Knuckle_Badge.png http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/thumb/3/34/Dynamo_Badge.png/40px-Dynamo_Badge.png http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/thumb/c/c4/Heat_Badge.png/40px-Heat_Badge.png
Team

FirahChick ♂ Lv.31
Naught Nature
-Scratch
-Peck
-Double Kick
-Ember

Shroomly ♂ Lv.26
Impish Nature
-Mega Drain
-Headbutt
-Mach Punch
-Leech Seed

http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/e/e9/Spr_3r_297.png
FatFat ♂ Lv.27
Gentle Nature
-Fake Out
-Focus Energy
-Vital Throw
-Arm Thrust

http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/6/65/Spr_3r_067.png
Champ ♂ Lv.29
Brave Nature
-Low Kick
-Seismic Toss
-Focus Energy
-Revenge

HM Slave
http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/d/d9/Ani264MS.png (Cut , Rock Smash , Strength , - )

Sora247_2009
February 9th, 2010, 09:19 AM
Alright, time for an update:

-Got Mudkip (Named Shiba)
-Saved Birch from Zigzagoon (THE HORROR)
-Grinded for a while, got Shiba to lv8
-Beat May, Shiba got to lv9
-Grinded some more, got to lv11
-Helped Wally

Expect another update tonight once I've beaten Roxanne.

Team:

http://pokemonelite2000.com/sprites/plmfa/258.png
Shiba lv11
Naughty Nature
Tackle
Growl
Mud Slap
Water Gun

At this point, Water Gun is actually one hell of a good move. Need a replacement for Growl BADLY.

slls81
February 9th, 2010, 10:03 AM
Quick Update...
-Ran through Rustboro to the Route to the North-East and caught a Taillow (Jazmine) and a Whismur (Jasper).
-Went back to Petalburg Woods for some training.
-While there found a Slakoth. Caught it and named it Kingo
-GRINDED
-Finally challenged Roxanne and won by the skin of my teeth thanks to CRIT HAX XD
-Saved Devon guy again. Got pokenav etc.
-Made my way to Dewford and saved.

Team:
Slakoth (Kingo)
Level 12
Scratch, Yawn, Encore

Taillow (Jazmine)
Level 15
Peck, Wing Attack, Focus Energy, Quick Attack

Zigzagoon (Ziggy)
Level 16
Headbutt, Tackle, Tail Whip, Sand Attack

Whismur (Jasper)
Level 17
Uproar, Pound, Astonish, Howl

slaves: Mudkip (Slave)

King!
February 9th, 2010, 12:16 PM
Good updates everyone! I have nothing much to say, but..... FRICKING WATTSON! Oh, and, slls, my names are copyright. So you can't have them. Give 'em back NAO!

Griftsar~ WRONG! You can get it after you deliver the letter, and before the goods. :) I did to train Magikarp. xD

PlatniumPiano
February 9th, 2010, 04:32 PM
Part 5- I Played Too Much:

Title says it all. Since the last post I have captured a Skarmory and defeated two gym leaders... I need to take a break haha

- A quick capture of a Skarmory (named Impaler) found me in Fallabor Town.
- A bit of grinding got Skarmory from 16-26, and I was off to the Meteor Falls
- Did a couple of loops around Hoenn and took on Maxie and his grunts (OMG SO EASY)
- Headed down Jagged Pass, got a bit of exp
- Demasicated Flannery, and got my Go-Goggles
- Trained everyone up a few in the desert (except Death :[ )
- Picked out the claw fossil (OCD demanded it, even though Ernesto(?) isn't a steel type)
- Headed back home and dealt with daddy. Lairon's a beast.
- Got surf and saved my game ^_^

The Team
Impaler/Skarmory, Level 32:
- Steel Wing
- Air Cutter
- Sand Attack
- Swift

Death/Mawile, Level 34:
- Bite
- Fake Tears
- Vicegrip
- Faint Attack

Brutality/Lairon, Level 35:
- Metal Claw
- Iron Tail
- Take Down
- Headbutt

Sage/Zigzagoon, Level 4:
- Tackle
- Growl
- Cut
- Rock Smash

(So I think I need to maybe teach my peoples some moves? Haha I'm suprised I got this far on just their learnt sets. Also, will most likley just catach a Linoone instead of staying with Sage... Linoone can learn strength I think. Or I'll just keep Sage in daycare and hold spacebar and run for thirty minutes :P)

King!
February 9th, 2010, 05:03 PM
^ lol, I love your nicknames. And, I think I am retarded. ALL this time I thought it was pronounce Lair-ee-on and not just Lair-on. >.<

PlatniumPiano
February 9th, 2010, 05:56 PM
Haha thanks. I have so many names I thought were something else... Groudon was Ground-don (it made sense!) Arceus was Ak-er-us lol. Beat watson yet?

King!
February 9th, 2010, 06:27 PM
No, tbh, I haven't even tried yet. -_- But yeah, nice names. ;D

PlatniumPiano
February 9th, 2010, 07:08 PM
Eh I might start Ruby up again. In New Mawville... So Magnemites there!

BTW. What are your teams levels and moves? Same as last post?

Grifstar
February 9th, 2010, 07:18 PM
Groudon was Ground-don (it made sense!)

Oh gawd, I USED TO DO THE SAME EXACT THING /facepalm

And buh, letter, goods, close enough XD

... Actually I haven't played all day, what's wrong with me? D:

Teh Blazer
February 9th, 2010, 09:07 PM
I want to start a Ghost MonoType in Emerald! I'll get to it as soon as possible!

Ninja Caterpie
February 9th, 2010, 09:19 PM
I was worrying about Wattson's Magneton until I got up to it and realised I could one hit KO it with Mach Punch. Silly me.

UPDATE: Somehow, I defeated Flannery in one go. Revive's helped a lot, I guess.

Then I went and pulled a SKYYYYY UPPERCUT! on Norman's gym.

Add two more badges to the count. =D Both units Pokemon at level 37, the others are HM slaves.

I'm giving myself silly limitations like PURE GRASS, even in the HM slaves. Looks like I'll have to search myself silly for a Tropius.

Also, I'm going to hoard TMs so I have 1-50 to boost my self esteem.

Satoshi Yamazaki
February 9th, 2010, 09:31 PM
I've never taken-part in a Monotype Challenge like this one before, but it should be very interesting.

Username: Satoshi
Type: Ground
Version: Emerald

Hallylicious
February 9th, 2010, 09:55 PM
Im wishing to join and play as a psychic type trainer.

Username:Hallylicious in game Hally
Type:psychic
Version:Ruby

Grifstar
February 9th, 2010, 11:59 PM
Trainers, trainers, and more trainers! DX

- Did the first two rooms in the trick house
- Cleared a few more routes I missed
- Finally started to move on again
- Defeated that entire family
- Went through the Fiery Path
- Fought even more trainers
- Finally made it all the way to Fallabor (even though by then I dodged just about everyone on Route 113 but for one guy)

Current Team (Now with less lines):

Merky ♂, Lv. 27 /w Soft Sand
Adamant Nature
- Tackle, Bide, Mud Shot, Water Gun

http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/sprites/plmfa/279.png
Colonello ♂, Lv. 26
Hasty Nature
- Protect, Water Gun, Supersonic, Wing Attack

Maracos ♂, Lv. 23
Quiet Nature
- Astonish, Fake Out, Absorb, Nature Power

Mammon ♂, Lv. 22 (finally caught up quite a bit~)
Sassy Nature
- Poison Sting, Supersonic, Constrict, Acid

HM Slave
Greeza ♀, Lv. 9
- Flash, Rock Smash, Cut, Night Shade

Symphonic.x.Fantasia
February 10th, 2010, 01:11 AM
O.o
I need something interesting to do, so I'll go with this. =)
Username:Katsuyaki-Itsuki (Tk in-game)
Type:Watah.
Version:Emerald.

Ninja Caterpie
February 10th, 2010, 01:37 AM
Oof, that was tough.

Almost lost against Winona, but, thanks to Leech Seed, I managed to win.

Six badges.

JeTz
February 10th, 2010, 02:58 AM
Erase me from the challenge. File corrupted for no reason :\ No mood in doing it right now. sad.

King!
February 10th, 2010, 05:03 AM
Everyone new~ I'll add you soon.

Updates~ Good good, moving right along!

JPJ (nicknamez ar3 kool)~ Everyone is at level twenty, with natural moves that they would know(aka in last post). Beautifly knows Morning Sun instead of Poison Sting now, and upon evolving, Ninjask knows: Fury Swipes, Double Team(I hate shock wave), Screech, and Leech Life.

I'll go update the OP!

sasuneuchiha
February 10th, 2010, 06:10 AM
Update time!!! This oughta be good!

Left Dewford for Slateport.

Beat down all trainers on the beach as well as the soda shop.

Delivered package, beat aqua people.

Went north.

Cursed self for NOT getting Cut.

Found May.

Beat her easily.

Got to Mauville.

Beat Wally.

Went to Vertenturf.

Trained on the way.

Arrived, got Blackglasses, went back to Mauville.

Decided I had leveled enough and fought gym.

Beat Wattson.

Got Rock Smash.

Caught Poochyena, my R.S slave.

Used him to get cut.

Caught a Zigzagoon. Taught him cut and rs.

Went to trick house, won 2 challenges.

Headed north.

Beat Winstrate Family.

Got to Fallarbor.

Went to Meteor Falls.

Left, headed for Mt. Chiminy.

Took down Magmas on mountain.

Dodged trainers on way down.

Arrived in Lavaridge.

Beat down gym trainers.

LOST TO FLANNERY :'(

Went back

BEAT FLANNERY!

Got Go-Goggles.

Used my epical new goggles to get into desert.

Caught a Cacnea.

Started training Cacnea...

So yeah. Current team:

Mightyena, Level 32

Strength
Howl
Odor Sleuth
Bite

Nuzleaf, Level 31

Fake Out
Nature Power
Faint Attack
Bullet Seed

Sableye, Level 32

Rock Tomb
Fake Out
Faint Attack
Night Shade

Cacnea, Level 22

Growth
Leech Seed
Secret Power
Pin Missile

King!
February 10th, 2010, 06:15 AM
:O LUCKAH! I really need to beat Wattson so I can get a Swablu and a Skarmory. :/

Sora247_2009
February 10th, 2010, 09:27 AM
Update:

-Grinded some more before entering the forest, got to lv13
-Beat Bug Catchers x2 and Aqua Grunt
-Skipped as many trainers as possible after that
-Grinded, Shiba evolved into Marshtomp
-Beat Roxanne
-Saved Peeko
-Beat May
-Got Pokenav
-Got to Dewford

And now im looking for a Geodude for my team.

Team:

http://pokemonelite2000.com/sprites/plmfa/259.png
Shiba lv19
Naughty Nature
Tackle
Water Gun
Mud Shot
Mud Slap

Finally, Growl is replaced. Mud Shot has got to be one of the best early game moves ever invented.

Symphonic.x.Fantasia
February 10th, 2010, 10:21 AM
Tiny Miniature Slight Update.
Things done:
-Got Mudkip (Jet)
-Kicked the crap outta May
-Did the stuff in Petalburg
-Right now, bout to head into Petalburg Forest.

Jet (Mudkip)
No item
Lv10
Tackle/Growl/Mudslap/Water Gun

So far, so good!

ED: It's also good that Kyogre isn't available till post-E4, cuz, well...yeahhh. Total douche move, were I to use it. xD

kieeeranz
February 10th, 2010, 12:41 PM
hi , can i try grass on emerald ? (:

King!
February 10th, 2010, 01:37 PM
Kats~ Yeah. >.<

And I'll go add you kieeernaz! :)

Teh Blazer
February 10th, 2010, 02:23 PM
So I can't use Ghastly in my run? Man, I'd like to have a beastly Gengar...

slls81
February 10th, 2010, 02:55 PM
Right quick update:
-Went to Granite Cave and delivered Steven's letter
-Beat Brawly... I <3 Jazmine
-Ziggy found a Rare Candy :D Got to love Pick Up
-Mr Briney gave me a lift to Slateport
-Found Mr Stern, saved him from some Magma guys
-Saved and turned off :P

Team:
Slakoth (Kingo)
Level 16
Scratch, Yawn, Encore, Slack Off

Whismur (Jasper)
Level 18
Uproar, Pound, Astonish, Howl

Zigzagoon (Ziggy)
Level 18
Headbutt, Tackle, Tail Whip, Sand Attack

Taillow (Jazmine)
Level 19
Wing Attack, Quick Attack, Focus Energy, Peck

Slaves: Mudkip (Slave)

King!
February 10th, 2010, 04:25 PM
Erm, 'fraid not Teh Blazer. You are eligible of using: Shedinja(or a Nincada, but only to GET Shedinja), Dusclops(or Duskull), Sableye, and Banette(or Shuppet). I WOULD give you a free pass, but that wouldn't be fair to anyone else in this thread. Sorry... :/

Teh Blazer
February 10th, 2010, 04:41 PM
It's cool, I'll just have one h*** of a time training. But if you say so, I can't do anything about it. Better start!

PlatniumPiano
February 10th, 2010, 05:04 PM
Part 6: It is complete.

Well, my team anyways. While I didn't do much in this post, I finally have the fourth and most likley final member of my team (not waiting for Beldum -_-)

- Took the tunnel back to Mauville, where I began Wattson's task.
- The first Pokemon I fought in New Mauville happened to be the Magnemite in my party right now. Decided to go with Decimator.
- Got Thunderbolt, and headed of to Briney's cottage via tunnel.
- I began that oh-so-long strech of water from the cottage to Slateport. My level 23 Decimator quickly evolved into Magneton right after I cleared Dewford (a town without a Pokemart I just realized...)
- Reached Slateport after Decimating *rimshots* every trainer along the routes.
- Saved in front of Mauville

The Team.............................
Decimator/Magneton, Level 32:
- Spark
- Supersonic
- Sonicboom
- Thunderbolt

Impaler/Skarmory, Level 34:
- Steel Wing
- Air Cutter
- Sand Attack
- Swift

Death/Mawile, Level 34:
- Bite
- Fake Tears
- Vicegrip
- Faint Attack

Brutality/Lairon, Level 35:
- Metal Claw
- Iron Tail
- Take Down
- Headbutt

Sage/Zigzagoon, Level 4:
- Surf
- Growl
- Cut
- Rock Smash

My aim for the next post is level 40's, except Brutality (that's right, he's going to 42 :P). I hope to have an Aggron for Winona.

Symphonic.x.Fantasia
February 10th, 2010, 07:22 PM
Update:
-Went through Petalburg Forest
-Got to the First Gym
-Beat Roxanne
-Jet evolves!

Now have a Marshtomp. Moves and stuff'll come later.

And I have a question-Can I do my updates as videos? Kinda like a 'What's New' or a Highlight Reel.
That cool?

Hallylicious
February 10th, 2010, 08:05 PM
First post:
Started with torchic
beat may
got pokeballs and caught a ralts
trained alot and caught a HM slave (zigzagoon)
Killed nosepass with a tackle by zigzagoon after Ralts fainted from a crit hit rock throw
saved peeko
and i am currently in Granite cave where you get steelwing off steven

Team:
Voyer/RALTS lvl 17 Timid Nature
-Confusion
-Teleport
-Growl
-Double Team

HM Slaves:
Slave/ZIGZAGOON
-tackle
-growl
-tailwhip

Grifstar
February 10th, 2010, 10:15 PM
- Dodged more trainers (I'll get back to them when I have a new member to train, or when I'm bored)
- Went to the Meteor Falls, met Team Magma
- Retraced steps all the way back to Mt. Chimney(easier than going all the way through Meteor Falls and circling back around, I think) dodging the same trainers again
- Had to battle Maxie twice because I found out I was gonna need another heal after before going up against him. And even then... that Mightyena @_@ I think the only way I won was because he switched it out after it had about half it's hp gone. Gave me time to get through whatever else he had first, since they were a lot easier. Still took almost a full team effort just to take that Mightyena down, considering he used both super potions on it >>
- Got the meteorite back, saved the world (hurraaaay~)
- Healed up again and went to the Lavaridge gym
- .... Discover Colonello has a love interest with fire types... *headdesk* hopefully my Lal in Platinum never hears about that
- Despite some little hiccups in the Flannery battle (such as mentioned above) it went fairly smoothly enough, type advantage and all, and got the Heat Baaaadge~~

Nothing too new in the current team but some higher levels, but:

Merky ♂, Lv. 28 /w Soft Sand
Adamant Nature
- Tackle, Bide, Mud Shot, Water Gun

Colonello ♂, Lv. 29
Hasty Nature

Maracos ♂, Lv. 24
Quiet Nature
- Astonish, Fake Out, Absorb, Nature Power

Mammon ♂, Lv. 23
Sassy Nature
- Poison Sting, Supersonic, Constrict, Acid

HM Slave
Greeza ♀, Lv. 9

Mooooving on...~

Ninja Caterpie
February 10th, 2010, 10:21 PM
I really hope Lombre can learn Waterfall and Dive.

=x

Atm defeating Magma's base and thinking about whether to get Cradily or not (and I can't seem to be able to access the Mirage Tower).

Grifstar
February 11th, 2010, 12:57 AM
FINALLY

Defeated Norman.

Took me so many times, and quite a bit of grinding (Mirage Tower was so useful for this), but I finally got it. There was so many horrors in that place I don't know where to start.

Anyway, more updates.

Merky ♂, Lv. 33 /w Soft Sand
Adamant Nature
- Tackle, Take Down, Mud Shot, Water Gun

Colonello ♂, Lv. 31
Hasty Nature

http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/sprites/dpmfa/dpmfa073.png
Mammon ♂, Lv. 30
Sassy Nature
- Wrap, Supersonic, Bubblebeam, Acid

Maracos ♂, Lv. 27
Quiet Nature
- Astonish, Surf, Absorb, Nature Power

HM Slave
Greeza ♀, Lv. 9

.. And now with surf I can make friends with more sea critters 8D

JeTz
February 11th, 2010, 02:48 AM
Update:
-Went through Petalburg Forest
-Got to the First Gym
-Beat Roxanne
-Jet evolves!

You actually made me laugh out loud ! Alright you brought me back the mood on playing this again.

As usual. Fighting Emerald Challenge =)

Did a little bit of update while patching my Fifa Online 02 =]

Jetz's Fighting Monotype Challenge Update 1
-Start the game choose boy named Jetz
-Choose Torchic and named her YES its a she so her name are Jenny =]
-Beat May
-Caught a Zigzagoon and her and again a her =] named her Zizi.
-Help Wally caught his ralts.
-Caught Shroomish and yet another female ! named her Marry.
-Jenny evolved after a number of training.
-Trained Marry a little bit.
-Reached Rustboro and Marry took care Roxanne smoothly. Her Nospass was nothing! Para hax + Miss hax + Leech Seed = GG
-Saved for the time being.

Team

Jenny ♀ Lv.17
Impish Nature
-Peck
-Double Kick
-Focus Energy
-Ember
her role were simple, peck for fighting kick for normal and ember for grass.
http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/a/ad/Spr_3r_285.png
Marry ♀ Lv.16
Careful Nature
-Mega Drain
-Tackle
-Stun Spore
-Leech Seed
I couldn't believe that Marry could fight Roxanne's entire team. I was just planing on putting stun spore and leech and absorb til Marry faint but her Nosepass used block on Marry and can't be switch until she faint. Oh well. GG =)
HM Slave
http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/b/bc/Ani263MS.png ♀ (Cut , - , - , - )

Symphonic.x.Fantasia
February 11th, 2010, 08:22 AM
You actually made me laugh out loud ! Alright you brought me back the mood on playing this again.
Lawl. Maybe I should restart and add the z? xD

kieeeranz
February 11th, 2010, 09:10 AM
Kats~ Yeah. >.<

And I'll go add you kieeernaz! :)

thank you ! <3
im just starting now (:

King!
February 11th, 2010, 02:02 PM
Awesome updates all of you, and welcomem back JeTz!!!!!

I am currently training on the Cycling Road... That idiot Wattson.

And yesh, video updates are welcome!

I will pdate the OP soon.

PlatniumPiano
February 11th, 2010, 02:26 PM
Part 7: My bad... NOW it is complete.

I just added another HM slave so now it's complete hehe...

- Braved that monstourous route (whose number escapes me), and slaughtered the weather institute. You did read that right.
- Caught a Tropius, and decided it didn't deserve a metal name. I went with Slave.
- Reached Fortree, cruised right by it and got Devon Scope.
- Trained Brutality to level 41 with help of Winona's slaves.
- Beat Winona and did not get my evolution (damn high exp rates for steel)
- Killed a couple Linoone and finally got my prize. Aggron.
- Trained everyone else to level 36, minus HM slaves.
- Saved and Quit

The Team
Death/Mawile, Level 36:
- Crunch
- Fake Tears
- Vicegrip
- Faint Attack

Decimator/Magneton, Level 36:
- Spark
- Lock On
- Sonicboom
- Thunderbolt

Impaler/Skarmory, Level 36:
- Steel Wing
- Air Cutter
- Sand Attack
- Swift

Brutality/Aggron, Level 42:
- Metal Claw
- Iron Tail
- Take Down
- Headbutt

The Slaves:
Slave/Tropius, Level 25:
- Growth
- Razor Leaf
- Stomp
- Fly

Sage/Zigzagoon, Level 4:
- Surf
- Growl
- Cut
- Rock Smash

(Next post will hopefully get me at Lilycove. And 40's for all)

Symphonic.x.Fantasia
February 11th, 2010, 03:01 PM
Gym battle video update:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xZfUcCnp5xA
Will start playing again soon. Should have the next vid up today or tomorrow.

Teh Blazer
February 11th, 2010, 04:44 PM
Chapter 1: Starting my Journey

First, I got Mudkip cuz everyone just LUVS Mudkeipz
Then I saved Birch even though he had three Pokemon to protect him
Stole recieved Mudkip and beat the fluff out of May
Dodged as much trainers as possible, for training my future Nincada
Caught a Zigzagoon for PickingUp and HM slave
Helped Wally catch a Ralts (Which seems kinda lame since Wally can't train a Pokemon that only knows Growl)
Saved a Devon Guy from an Aqua Grunt, Mudkip grew a few levels
Reached Rustboro, healed my exhausted Pokemon
Went out in Route 116 and caught a Nincada
Now the true grinding begins, let all hell break loose...

My current team:
http://www.dragonflycave.com/oldforums/images/vbsprites/PT/Nincada.png
Nincada/Nincada @ Nothing Lv. 6
Scratch
Harden
Leech Life

Yeah, the start of my training begins...

http://www.dragonflycave.com/oldforums/images/vbsprites/e/Mudkip.png
Mudkip/Mudkip @Nothing Lv. 10
Tackle
Growl
Mud-Slap
Water Gun

If I was doing a water challenge, this guy would kill Roxanne

http://www.dragonflycave.com/oldforums/images/vbsprites/dp/Zigzagoon.png
Zigzagoon/Zigzagoon @Nothing Lv. 3
Tackle
Growl

My little slave man, I can't wait to abuse him :badsmile:

PlatniumPiano
February 11th, 2010, 08:56 PM
Part 7: Straight Outta Compton....

I did a bit of training to get my team up to my favorite levels: The forties.

- Trekked across more grassy routes, demolishing everything in my path
- Arrived at Lilycove
- Decided that it was best to clear the way to the mart, so I beat my rival for the final time
- Stocked up, sold, etc...
- I trained everyone up to level 40, with a quick stop at Mt. Pyre for accelerated Death training
- Saved at Lilycove and Quit

The Team:
Death/Mawile, Level 40:
- Crunch
- Fake Tears
- Vicegrip
- Faint Attack

Impaler/Skarmory, Level 40:
- Steel Wing
- Air Cutter
- Sand Attack
- Swift

Decimator/Magneton, Level 40:
- Spark
- Lock On
- Sonicboom
- Thunderbolt

Brutality/Aggron, Level 42:
- Metal Claw
- Iron Tail
- Take Down
- Headbutt

The Underprivliged Worker's Party:
Slave/Tropius, Level 25:
- Growth
- Razor Leaf
- Stomp
- Fly

Sage/Zigzagoon, Level 4:
- Surf
- Growl
- Cut
- Rock Smash

I desperatley need more move variety. Looks like I'll be purchasing some TM's at Lilycove to specialize my beauties...

Hallylicious
February 11th, 2010, 09:53 PM
I searched for ages in granite cave and i finally caught an abra.
The teleport started to get on my nerves and when i was at breaking point i caught her :).
I went back to Rustboro and got exp share so i could train abra
went to Dewford gym and owned everyone with my ralts.
Ralts evolved into Kirlia.
Then i went to slateport dodged trainers and beat to my surprise team aqua, as i thought i was playing ruby :S

Team:
Saik/KADABRA
-Confusion
-Teleport
-Disable

Voyer/KIRLIA
-Confusion
-Thief
-Calm Mind
-Teleport

Slaves:
Zigzagoon
-cut
-tackle
-growl
-tailwhip

EDIT:
Owned Wally
Battled Watson and won on second try
Headed to meteor falls
Went to meteor falls and saw team aqua
caught a lunatone and called it Looney
leveled looney to lvl 20
defeated team aqua leader
defeated leader flannery
went to the desert and caught a baltoy
saved

Team:
Loony/LUNATONE lvl 22
-Confusion
-Rock Tomb
-Rock Throw
-Hypnosis

Voyer/KIRLIA lvl 29
-Psychic
-Thief
-Calm Mind
-Teleport

Saik/KADABRA lvl 30
-Shock Wave
-Reflect
-Recover
-Psybeam

Spinner/BALTOY lvl 20
-Mud-slap
-Psybeam
-Rock tomb
-Selfdestruct

SLAVES:
Zigzagoon
-rocksmash
-cut

Lant
February 11th, 2010, 10:20 PM
Awesome updates all of you, and welcomem back JeTz!!!!!

I am currently training on the Cycling Road... That idiot Wattson.

And yesh, video updates are welcome!

I will pdate the OP soon.

So, have u beaten Watson yet?

Satoshi Yamazaki
February 11th, 2010, 11:29 PM
Here's my first update so far:
Journey to the First Gym Badge

Started-off the challenge by choosing Mudkip and defeating the Zigzagoon that was threatening Professor Birch.
Trained Mudkip from Lv. 5 to Lv. 10 along Route 101, and then proceeded to soundly defeat May and her Treecko.
Headed-on towards Rustboro City. Trained Mudkip up to Lv. 16, which evolved it into Marshtomp, then trained Marshtomp up to Lv. 18. Also captured a Zigzagoon along the way, for future use as an HM Slave.
Fought and defeated Roxanne on the first try.

Journey to the Second Gym Badge

Returned the Devon Goods and rescued Peeko.
Sailed to Dewford Island and saved the game.

Current Gym Badges:

http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/thumb/6/63/Stone_Badge.png/40px-Stone_Badge.png

Current Team:

http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/sprites/emespr/emespr259.png
Marshtomp ♂ Lv. 21
-Tackle
-Mud Shot
-Mud Slap
-Water Gun

http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/sprites/emespr/emespr263.png
Zigzagoon ♂ Lv. 4
-Tackle
-Growl
-Cut

slls81
February 12th, 2010, 12:55 AM
Another Update:
-Headed North out of Slateport and beat some trainers.
-Decided Kingo's 'loafing around' was too annoying, so demoted him to a Slave :/
-Did the trick house
-Headed towards Mauville
-May challenged me on the way... beat her.
-Reached Mauville and recieved Rock Smash
-GRINDED for aaaaaggggeeeessss (this included Wally, Winstrake family, trainers on Route 117 etc.)
-Finally beat Watson :)
-Headed to Veranturf, smashed up a rock and got Strength
-Headed back to Mauville and saved

Team:
Taillow (Jazmine)
Level 26
Wing Attack, Quick Attack, Focus Energy, Peck

Ziggy (Linoone)
Level 28
Headbutt, Tackle, Shock Wave, Sand Attack

Jasper (Loudred)
Level 29
Uproar, Stomp, Strength, Howl

Slaves:
Slakoth (Kingo!) - Cut, Rock Smash
Mudkip (Slave) - nothing yet

Sora247_2009
February 12th, 2010, 07:38 AM
Sorry about the lack of updates, but all iv'e been doing is grinding Geodude. I'll update tonight when Brawly has been beaten.

Symphonic.x.Fantasia
February 12th, 2010, 09:56 AM
Next update:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ge4cvh-Hf2s

Also: At some point, it stopped recording, so I'm actually in Dewford right now, bout to take Brawly.

King!
February 12th, 2010, 12:53 PM
I haven't read/watched all of the updates yet, and I haven't updated either. I haven't played for a couple of days, because yesterday I got a new video game, Suikoden Tierkreis. xD But no, I haven't beaten Wattson, still training GRAAAAH!!!. lol

Houndoom19
February 12th, 2010, 02:41 PM
Ok, little bit late, but I wanna play with the grownups :P

Houndoom19.
Rock.
Ruby.

Right now all I have is a treecko, since I just started and you don't get any rock types for a while, I'll update properly when I catch me a geodude.

PlatniumPiano
February 12th, 2010, 02:49 PM
Part 8: Lack of Creative Title

Couple things happened. Mainly my 7th badge and the loss of Sage... and addition of another slave.

- Thrashed Team Magma at Mt. Pyre and got the Red Orb
- Played cat and mouse with Team Magma until the Wailmer were cleared... finally
- Made a couple of preperations at Mossdeep, and got some Shoal Shells
- Caught a new HM slave since Zigzagoon won't learn all the water HMs... 'Twas a Wailmer named Pool Boy
- Taught Brutality Ice Beam >:]
- Got my coin case (will be specializing my team later with TMs)
- Worried that I wouldn't be strong enough for Tate and Liza, then realized Iron Tail demolished everything in one hit. Hello Mind Badge
- Saved the game

The Team:
Decimator/Magneton, Level 42:
- Spark
- Lock On
- Sonicboom
- Thunderbolt

Impaler/Skarmory, Level 42:
- Steel Wing
- Air Cutter
- Sand Attack
- Swift

Death/Mawile, Level 43:
- Crunch
- Fake Tears
- Vicegrip
- Faint Attack

Brutality/Aggron, Level 43:
- Metal Claw
- Iron Tail
- Take Down
- Ice Beam

The Underprivliged Worker's Party:
Pool Boy/Wailmer, Level 34:
- Strength
- Dive
- Surf

Slave/Tropius, Level 25:
- Rock Smash
- Cut
- Flash
- Fly

Next up will be the capture of Groudon (I can't find it in me to kill an uber), and my last badge.

Hallylicious
February 12th, 2010, 07:27 PM
heres another update:
Trained all my party to lvl 30
Traded Saik for evolutionary purposes
Mach biked it to slateport and then got mr brine to take me to petalburg
beat Norman with relative ease.
got surf from Wally's parents
surfed over some water
beat team aqua and then May
Walked straight through fortree and went to the safari zone to catch myself a natu
turned off and saved

Team:
http://www.pokemondb.co.uk/images/sprites/diamond-pearl/normal/gardevoir.png
Voyer/GARDEVOIR lvl 33
-Psychic
-Thief
-Calm Mind
-Imprison

http://www.pokemondb.co.uk/images/sprites/diamond-pearl/normal/natu.png

Tue/NATU lvl 27
-Peck
-Leer
-Night Shade
-Steel Wing

http://www.pokemondb.co.uk/images/sprites/diamond-pearl/normal/alakazam-f.png

Saik/ALAKAZAM lvl 34
-Shock Wave
-Psybeam
-Reflect
-Recover

http://www.pokemondb.co.uk/images/sprites/diamond-pearl/normal/baltoy.png

Spinner/BALTOY vl 31
-Sandstorm
-Psybeam
-Rock Tomb
-Selfdestruct

http://www.pokemondb.co.uk/images/sprites/diamond-pearl/normal/lunatone.png

Loony/LUNATONE
-Psywave
-Hypnosis
-Rock Tomb
-Cosmic Power

Slaves:
Zigzagoon
-cut
-rock smash
-surf

Teh Blazer
February 12th, 2010, 10:00 PM
Chapter 2: Shedinja Shows?!

Fought every trainer that I skipped with my Nincada (Only grew to about level 12, Nincadas are very hard to train!)
You would never believe what happened, while grinding, I found a SHINY WHISHMUR! Naturally, I caught it and deposited it.
Grinded eve more, Nincada evolved
Took the Shedinja and deposited my new Ninask
Challenged Roxanne, it was SUPER HARD. Who knew Rock is Super effective to Bug? Anyways... I spammed Double Team and fury cutted away. SUPER TOUGH.
Saved a Devon guys... GOODS?!?!
Rescued Peeko while I was here, Mr. Briney was happy
Now I have to send the Devon guys GOODIES, but I got a PokeNav in return
Registered May, went to Briney's house and went to Dewford
Caught a Sableye, dang thing took up all of my Ultra Balls I had
Now I train my Sableye because that will be my team until after Winona
I single-handidly killed Brawly no damage and no need to switch, SUPER EASY!!!

My Badges
http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a275/starmonkey323/StoneBadge.png
Stone Badge

http://images.suicidalcoholica.multiply.com/image/1/photos/upload/300x300/SAd5PwoKCDUAADUSWn01/Knuckle%20Badge%20-%20Dewford%20Town.png?et=wlhPLiQoiqKZNga4fLh2cQ&nmid=
Knuckle Badge

Play Time
5:07

My current team:

http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/5/59/292Shedinja.png
Shedinja/Shedinja @Nothing Lv. 20
Double Team
Screech
Fury Cutter
Sand Attack

The fruits of my training start to bloom...

http://www.dragonflycave.com/oldforums/images/vbsprites/dp/Sableye.png
Sable/Sableye @Nothing Lv.16
Scratch
Leer
Foresight
Night Shade

My other Pokemon accompanying me until after Winona

http://www.mudkips.nl/mudkip.ico
Mudkip/Mudkip @Nothing Lv. 14
Tackle
Growl
Mud-Slap
Water Gun

Just a few training in levels, for Surf and Strength later on

http://www.pokemex.com/foros/Smileys/default/263a.png
Tackle
Growl

Taught him Cut, that's about it

Grifstar
February 13th, 2010, 12:09 AM
Win~

- Fished around with the good rod 'til finally catching a Carvanha! 8D Leveled it with exp. share till it was around level 25, then moved on again.
- Battled through Routes 118 and 119, lots of running back and forth too >>
- Had Team Aqua block my path... :|
- Saved the Weather Institute because it seems no one can do things themselves
- Got a spiffy new Castform, who just so happens to have a Mystic Water on hand 8D (gonna make good use of that)
- Finally reached Fortree, got the Devon Scope, got the Kecleon out of the way, battled some birds.
- Winona actually was harder than I thought, it started out easy until I got to the Altaria and it Dragon Dance spammed until I got completely swept by it for not killing it fast enough. Tried out a slightly different approach on the second try and it worked out better.

Six badges down, two more to go~

http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/sprites/plmfa/260.png
Merky ♂, Lv. 37 /w Soft Sand
Adamant Nature
- Tackle, Take Down, Mud Shot, Water Gun

Colonello ♂, Lv. 34
Hasty Nature
- Protect, Water Gun, Fly, Wing Attack

Mammon ♂, Lv. 34 /w Mystic Water
Sassy Nature
- Wrap, Supersonic, Bubblebeam, Acid

http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/sprites/plmfa/319.png
Edge ♂, Lv. 30 /w Blackglasses (my newest member~)
Lonely Nature
- Bite, Rage, Focus Energy, Crunch

Maracos ♂, Lv. 30
Quiet Nature
- Astonish, Surf, Absorb, Nature Power

HM Slave
Greeza ♀, Lv. 9

Sora247_2009
February 13th, 2010, 01:40 AM
Right, real update time.

-Grinded Geodude until lv22, the same as Marshtomp
-Skipped Brawly, went and beat all the beach trainers near Slateport
-Destroyed Brawly using Geodude's Magnitude (Hit 8 on Machop, and 9 on the others)
-Beat Aqua at Slateport

Team:
http://pokemonelite2000.com/sprites/plmfa/74.png
Taro lv22
Bashful Nature
Rock Throw
Selfdestruct
Magnitude
Defense Curl

At this point in the game, his moveset is absolutely perfect. Nature could of been better though.

http://pokemonelite2000.com/sprites/plmfa/259.png
Shiba lv23
Naughty Nature
Mud Shot
Tackle
Water Gun
Bide

Mud Shot is still overpowered so far, so Marshtomp can still function pretty well. Just needs a replacement for Tackle, and possibly Bide.

kieeeranz
February 13th, 2010, 05:59 AM
Name: Kieran
Type: Grass
Badges: 0
Route 104
http://pokemon.neoseeker.com/w/i/pokemon/f/f4/Treecko_sprite.png
Treecko - Lv. 12
Pound
Leer
Absorb
Quick Attack

http://ds.rothion.com/images/dp/lotad.png
Lotad - Lv. 10
Astonish
Growl
Absorb

King!
February 13th, 2010, 06:00 AM
Okay guys, nice updates! And that's the second shiny found in this thread/challenge! Imma make a shiny section. I'll update the OP in about...five-ten minutes, so yeah. And I am also planning on playing again soon! You've all inspired me. *sniffle*

Houndoom19
February 13th, 2010, 06:35 AM
Well, I finally caught some rock types.

- Took treecko, did most of the early game, beat Roxanne and went to dewford.
- Caught an Aron, named it Zeus.
- Used Zeus to catch a geodude, named it Hades.
- Went back to mainland and trained Hades and Zeus a bit.
- Saved and turned off.

Zeus:
Aron, level 12, male, ability: sturdy, nature: impish.
Moves: cut, harden, mud-slap, headbutt.

Hades:
Geodude, level 12, male, ability: sturdy, nature: careful.
Moves: tackle, defense curl, mud sport, rock throw.

Will probably skip brawly for now, seeing as I have a massive weakness to him. Got my final team planned as well, but I'mma keep that secret for now. :D

King!
February 13th, 2010, 06:49 AM
:O SECRETS! xD I forgot to add you to the OP sorry. >.< But welcome to PC, I'm glad you decided to do this!

JeTz
February 13th, 2010, 07:03 AM
I might update mine once I'm free and Kingo, are you done with Wattson yet? lol

King!
February 13th, 2010, 07:27 AM
Nope I am not...I'll try again later. D:

Houndoom19
February 13th, 2010, 07:40 AM
I forgot to add you to the OP sorry.
No worries. :P
But welcome to PC, I'm glad you decided to do this!
Thanks. :) Should be interesting, since the rock type goes completely against my normal strategy. Oh well, guess that's the whole point eh?

Gonna go play the game now, will update later when I've actually done something worth mentioning.

PlatniumPiano
February 13th, 2010, 02:39 PM
Part 9: The Penultimate Post

Lotta grindage. Most grindage ive done in a long time. But this is the second to last post, as I hope to take on the elite four with THIS TEAM.

- Saved the world, and captured Groudon
- Whopped Wallace wif Magneton
- Forgot that Pacifiladog existed, and went on to Victory Road
- Victory Road took a while, but I'm glad I beat all the trainers
- GRIND
- GRIND
- Took many preparations, with specializing the guys, and making a few last rare candy stops (I have collected 9 so far. Will not use unless desperatley needed in E4)
- GRIND
- Eh what the hell... GRIND
- Deposited all Slaves, as I don't want to cheat in the E4
- Saved outside Ever Grande, and hope to take on the Elite Four next time I turn it on

The Team:
http://www.bmoviecomic.com/board/images/smiles/MawileNormalSprite.gif (http://javascript<b></b>:emoticon(':mawile:'))
Death/Mawile @ Amulet Coin
Adamant Nature
Level 55:
- Crunch
- Fake Tears
- Vicegrip
- Brick Break

http://www.bmoviecomic.com/board/images/smiles/SkarmoryNormalSprite.gif (http://javascript<b></b>:emoticon(':skarmory:'))
Impaler/Skarmory @ King's Rock
Calm Nature
Level 55:
- Steel Wing
- Air Cutter
- Sand Attack
- Aerial Ace

http://www.bmoviecomic.com/board/images/smiles/MagnetonNormalSprite.gif (http://javascript<b></b>:emoticon(':magneton:'))
Decimator/Magneton @ Lax Incense
Quiet Nature
Level 55:
- Spark
- Lock On
- Tri Attack
- Thunderbolt

http://www.bmoviecomic.com/board/images/smiles/AggronNormalSprite.gif (http://javascript<b></b>:emoticon(':aggron:'))
Brutality/Aggron @ Soft Sand
Quirky Nature
Level 55:
- Metal Claw
- Earthquake
- Flamethrower
- Ice Beam

NOW THEN. Please offer up any suggestions before I go and tackle the E4. What items, moves, etc. should be done to my team?
Thank you in advance for your input.

Ninja Caterpie
February 13th, 2010, 02:42 PM
Successfully beat Liza and Tate, even though one Calm Mind on their Xatu wiped everthing (except Sceptile) in one hit.

Dark Sceptile
February 13th, 2010, 03:22 PM
I'll make an update soon. It will be cool. I promise...

King!
February 13th, 2010, 03:28 PM
JPJ~ :O THE ANTICIPATION IS EATING ME! Despite being the owner of this, I have no suggestions. xD
Ninja Caterpie!~ Yay! You've almost caught up with JohnPaulJones!
gold~ Cool, I'll be waiting for it. :)
Houndoom~ Okay then...

PlatniumPiano
February 13th, 2010, 03:28 PM
Part 10: Champion
Well it wasn't easy (except Sidney, Phoebe, Glacia, and Drake), but I can now say I have beaten Ruby Version using soley Steel types!
Here's a quick rundown of my trek...

Sidney

This guy was pretty easy... No. Very easy. Death was the star player here, with a little help from a thunderbolt and two flamethrowers (kudos to Brutality and Decimator). I had no troubles with the prince of darkness!
http://i498.photobucket.com/albums/rr343/Dartfled/Sidney.png

Phoebe

Yet another simple foe. Once again, Death was useful for it's Crunch, but I found Brutality doing a lot of the work too. I'm very glad I used three PP Up's on Earthquake :P
http://i498.photobucket.com/albums/rr343/Dartfled/Phoebe.png

Glacia

Even easier than the first two, I might say. Brutality's flamethrower tore apart her Glaciles, and Decimator's thunderbolt KO'd everyone in one hit (Yes, that means Walerien). I think theyr'e getting easier...
http://i498.photobucket.com/albums/rr343/Dartfled/Glacia.png

Drake

Strike that, I KNOW they're getting easier. Ice Beam quickly took out everyone, and a couple of Metal Claw's to put on the finishing touches. Although I will admit that Altaria proved a mite more trouble that the rest. But that's to be expected.
http://i498.photobucket.com/albums/rr343/Dartfled/Drake.png

Steven

Difficult. I think that best sums this fight up. Steven took 9 revives for me to stay in the game, his Metagross KO'd everyone at least twice. Those dual type fossil Pokemon were killer too. Cradily decided to suck everyone dry of health, and left little room for a comeback. Claydol was really annoying with those constant Reflect/Light Screens. But Aerial Ace whittled Claydol down little by little until it was dead. Magneton was really only used for Skarmory in this fight -_- but he helped in the other battles. A lucky earthquake from Aggron finished off Metagross, and gave me my title of Pokemon Champion!
http://i498.photobucket.com/albums/rr343/Dartfled/Steven.png

http://i498.photobucket.com/albums/rr343/Dartfled/HOF.png

Thanks for the thread Kingo! I hope to come back and do another monotype challenge sometime. Really had fun :D

The Final Team!

http://www.bmoviecomic.com/board/images/smiles/MawileNormalSprite.gif (http://javascript%3cb%3e%3c/b%3E:emoticon(':mawile:'))
Death
Adamant Nature
Level 56:
- Crunch
- Fake Tears
- Vicegrip
- Brick Break

http://www.bmoviecomic.com/board/images/smiles/SkarmoryNormalSprite.gif (http://javascript%3cb%3e%3c/b%3E:emoticon(':skarmory:'))
Impaler
Calm Nature
Level 55:
- Steel Wing
- Air Cutter
- Sand Attack
- Aerial Ace

http://www.bmoviecomic.com/board/images/smiles/MagnetonNormalSprite.gif (http://javascript%3cb%3e%3c/b%3E:emoticon(':magneton:'))
Decimator
Quiet Nature
Level 56:
- Spark
- Lock On
- Tri Attack
- Thunderbolt

http://www.bmoviecomic.com/board/images/smiles/AggronNormalSprite.gif (http://javascript%3cb%3e%3c/b%3E:emoticon(':aggron:'))
Brutality
Quirky Nature
Level 57:
- Metal Claw
- Earthquake
- Flamethrower
- Ice Beam

King!
February 13th, 2010, 03:37 PM
HOOOOZZZAHHH!!!!!!!! Our first champion of the monotype! I hope you'll come back soon JohnPauklJones, I really enjoyed reading your things! Good work!

Hallylicious
February 13th, 2010, 03:58 PM
I had nothing else to do all day so i played for ages

Headed back to fortree
I challenged Winona and lost
Went straight back to Winona and tried a different strategy and i won
Went to the mountain i forget the name and defeated team aqua
flew to Slateport and saw Team aqua steal the sub
Flew up to Lilycove and defeated may
Went into the secret hideout and defeated team aqua and got a masterball
trained ALOT before challenging Tate&Liza
Barley winning with just my Alakazam remaining
Got dive and caught a Wailmer for Dive and waterfall

Team:
Loony/LUNATONE lvl 37
-Psychic
-Hypnosis
-Rock Tomb
-Cosmic Power

Voyer/GARDEVOIR lvl 38
-Psychic
-Thief
-Calm Mind
-Imprison

Saik/ALAKAZAM lv 40
-Psychic
-Shock Wave
-Reflect
-Recover

Spinner/Claydol lvl 41
-Sandstorm
-Psybeam
-Rock Tomb
-Hyper Beam

Tue/XATU lvl 36
-Fly
-Wish
-Night Shade
-Steel Wing

SLAVES:
Slave/Linoone
Strength, Surf, Cut, Rock Smash
Slave/Wailmer
Dive,Surf

Dark Sceptile
February 13th, 2010, 04:01 PM
Update:

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4065/4354225949_1381c84488_m.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/47435657@N02/4354225949/)
Well. I guess this will be the first battle Ralts gets!
http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4013/4354225941_d291108762_m.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/47435657@N02/4354225941/)
Maybe not...
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2770/4354225943_5a80afd8d3_m.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/47435657@N02/4354225943/)
There we go. Good job slave.
http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4044/4354225951_cb7b19e5cf_m.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/47435657@N02/4354225951/)
I guess I could dodge this guy...
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2797/4354225957_c2a059bc1f_m.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/47435657@N02/4354225957/)
But I won't. Ralts needs the EXP.
http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4009/4354231665_59ae7a6d4f_m.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/47435657@N02/4354231665/)
This would be easy if I had an attack.
http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4021/4354225965_83ae181066_m.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/47435657@N02/4354225965/)
But Slave gets the fun of killing it...
http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4009/4354231665_59ae7a6d4f_m.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/47435657@N02/4354231665/)
Oh god, another.
http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4021/4354225965_83ae181066_m.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/47435657@N02/4354225965/)
And it's dead. Yay. Good, Slave.
http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4062/4354231695_d646c680f8_m.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/47435657@N02/4354231695/)
Is he a trainer?
http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4031/4354976734_0286683d75_m.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/47435657@N02/4354976734/)
One step in. You just had to, didn't you?
http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4066/4354976770_b87ae839d8_m.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/47435657@N02/4354976770/)
Well, he wasn't a trainer. Is this guy near-sighted maybe?
http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4035/4354231767_73b2cda113_m.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/47435657@N02/4354231767/)
Nope.
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2775/4354231793_62420f9012_m.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/47435657@N02/4354231793/)
http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d39/yuoaman/emot-aaa.gifYes! He leveled up!
http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4029/4354231809_5cc4951a6b_m.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/47435657@N02/4354231809/)
Berries! Should I pick them?
http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4020/4354976858_c3c4b396af_m.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/47435657@N02/4354976858/)
Yep. I can do whatever I want!
http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4011/4354231887_a9fb5e08d3_m.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/47435657@N02/4354231887/)
http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d39/yuoaman/emot-aaa.gifThat's not good...
http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4010/4354976884_bcd35fb049_m.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/47435657@N02/4354976884/)
http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d39/yuoaman/emot-psyboom.gifThat's worse...
http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4062/4354976936_67f84f0342_m.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/47435657@N02/4354976936/)
Darn. I guess I'll try again later.

Hope you liked it.

King!
February 13th, 2010, 04:05 PM
:D Nice updates both of you. And gold, loved the exploding Psyduck. >.<

Dark Sceptile
February 13th, 2010, 04:09 PM
Yeah. These updates take time, but they're cool!

Small Update:
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2441/4354388659_fe59e564fd_m.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/47435657@N02/4354388659/)
Finally, a good city. Maybe there is a hotel here. At least Ralts can attack now. I hope she gets better soon.

Complete Update:

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2694/4355193404_a48bc828a7_m.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/47435657@N02/4355193404/)
Not a hotel. Well, for ME at least. Bye Mudkip!
http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4048/4354458905_2b91f4cafd_m.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/47435657@N02/4354458905/)
Is this a hotel? God, I hope so!
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2748/4354458929_b64e2d721b_m.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/47435657@N02/4354458929/)
Not a hotel. Maybe an apartment building?
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2781/4354458947_30aea1c115_m.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/47435657@N02/4354458947/)
Nevermind. This building is full, I guess.
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2750/4355205076_83340db6f7_m.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/47435657@N02/4355205076/)
What? Your husband?
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2778/4355205100_e0ede9d659_m.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/47435657@N02/4355205100/)
Maybe...
http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4037/4355205124_3a43e8df2e_m.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/47435657@N02/4355205124/)
Well, I punched the woman because she is a whiny ***** and talked to her husband. He wants a funny word.
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2776/4355205140_d10e0a3c92_m.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/47435657@N02/4355205140/)
I guess this is funny. I got the idea from Kingo!, but added a Z instead a K.
http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4044/4355205170_8dd3f471cc_m.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/47435657@N02/4355205170/)
Is this a hotel? Looks like a President's Suite Hotel!

King!
February 13th, 2010, 06:20 PM
lol gold...Zingo! Nice updates. :3

And I'll add you when I update the OP next, you may start!

Dark Sceptile
February 13th, 2010, 07:11 PM
This post will be my next update. That will be the Gym.

Hermione Granger
February 13th, 2010, 07:42 PM
I'll join using Emerald. I'll use Physic (spelling?) and my Pokemon will be (when fully evolved):

Gardevoir
Grumpig
Alakazam
Starmie

I forgot, can you capture Staryu on Lilycove? If you can't then scratch Starmie out of there.

Dark Sceptile
February 13th, 2010, 07:55 PM
You can get Staryu there, but you have to go to Mossdeep first, get the Super Rod, then head back...

Hermione Granger
February 13th, 2010, 07:59 PM
You can get Staryu there, but you have to go to Mossdeep first, get the Super Rod, then head back...
Yah, I know that. Now my team's confirmed.

1. Gardevoir
2. Alakazam
3. Grumpig
4. Starmie
5. Lunatone

Grifstar
February 13th, 2010, 07:59 PM
Yup~ But I'm definitely getting a Starmie too when I get there XD (I totally forgot they were even in R/S/E)

You also forgot Lunatone too.

Hermione Granger
February 13th, 2010, 08:01 PM
Oh, yeah Lunatone!

So, my team will be:
1. Gardevoir
2. Alakazam
3. Grumpig
4. Starmie
5. Lunatone

(b'')b Goodluck on your run other guys!

King!
February 13th, 2010, 08:04 PM
:D Welcome! And I think you get it in the Safari Zone.... *rushes to serebii*

What about Xatu or Wobbufett? Chimecho, Medicham, Grumpig, Claydol...lol

Andn nvm it's Lilycove.

Hermione Granger
February 13th, 2010, 08:12 PM
:D Welcome! And I think you get it in the Safari Zone.... *rushes to serebii*

What about Xatu or Wobbufett? Chimecho, Medicham, Grumpig, Claydol...lol

Andn nvm it's Lilycove.

I won't go with those, maybe Claydol and I already have Grumpig. :P

My really final team will be:

1. Alakazam
2. Grumpig
3. Gardevoir
4. Claydol
5. Lunatone
6. Xatu

I decided to remove Starmie. :P

King!
February 13th, 2010, 08:16 PM
:D Cool! Glad I could help.... Um, I am bored, I don't wanna grind right now. *goes back to scramble challenge*

Hermione Granger
February 13th, 2010, 08:18 PM
You haven't put me yet on the Challengers list, LOL
Ok, expect a very long update during the weekends.

PlatniumPiano
February 13th, 2010, 08:25 PM
You haven't put me yet on the Challengers list, LOL
Ok, expect a very long update during the weekends.
Yeah and I'm not a champion!
Haha jk im not that much of an ass.

slls81
February 14th, 2010, 01:37 AM
Right update time :)

-Went North from Mauville and amde my way to Route 113
-Caught a Level 14 Spinda nad named it King
-Went to Fallabor Town and got Dig TM :)
-Headed to Route 114 and caught a Level 14 Zangoose, named it GRAAAH!!!
-Went to Meteor Falls and found Magma with a Meteorite, but they ran off.
-Grinded my new pokés for a bit.
-Went to Mt Chimney and kicked some magma butt!
-Gave Cozmo the meteorite and saved

Team:
Zangoose (GRAAAH!!!)
Level 21
Slash, Swords Dance, Secret Power, Fury Cutter

Spinda (King)
Level 23
Psybeam, Uproar, Faint Attack, Hypnosis

Linoone (Ziggy)
Level 30
Headbutt, Fury Swipes, Shock Wave, Dig

Swellow (Jazmine)
Level 30
Wing Attack, Endeavor, Quick Attack, Steel Wing

Loudred (Jasper)
Level 30
Strength, Stomp, Uproar, Howl

Slave: Slakoth (Kingo!) - Cut, Rock Smash

Ninja Caterpie
February 14th, 2010, 02:26 AM
Hey! I have seven badges now! >=[

Seymour Guado
February 14th, 2010, 05:24 AM
Nevermind. Sorry :( i cant cuz my bro deleted my game and im too lazy to start again.

Houndoom19
February 14th, 2010, 06:30 AM
Update! :D

- Turned game on (obviously).
- Fought the remainder of the trainers on the mainland, raising Zeus' and Hades' levels a bit.
- Went back to Dewford.
- Fought the other fisherman.
- Entered cave. Been through there so many times I don't even need to pay attention, I just walk through it on insinct.
- Delivered letter to Steven.
- Entered gym.
- Got scared and walked back out.
- Went to slateport. Fought a few trainers, but a combination of water and fighting wasn't exactly appealing to my rock types.
- Kicked team magma out of the museum and delivered the 'goods'.
- Went north of Slateport, beat a few more trainers.
- Currently grinding to beat May. A grass type, a water type and a fire/fighting type, this should be fun. >.<

Edit - Forgot my current team.

Zeus/Aron:
Level 17. Silk scarf.
Moves: cut, metal claw, mud-slap and headbutt.

Hades/Geodude:
Level 18. Soft sand.
Moves: tackle, defense curl, magnitude and rock throw.

King!
February 14th, 2010, 06:43 AM
xD Houndoom.....Good luck with that! ^_^

And sorry everyone, I'll update the OP later...I am too lazy to do it right now. >.<

Anyways, nice updates~

Houndoom19
February 14th, 2010, 08:44 AM
Another update:
- Fought the rest of the trainers on Slateport beach (had to heal a few times).
- Challenged the trick house.
- First trainer threw an oddish at me, I'd chosen Hades. Was a little worried but magnitude took it out fast enough. Thank god for part poison type.
- Hades levelled after that as well. :)
- Decided Zeus takes forever to train. :(
- Zeus got paralysed. Didn't attack for three turns. One in four chance my foot. ¬¬
- Beat the trick house.
- Free rare candy. Woo.
- Healed.
- Challenged the rest of the trainers pre-May.
- Got annoyed at how much time Zeus was spending paralysed.
- Saved and turned off.

Will head to the gym back on Dewford next. He can't be harder than May anyway.

Team:
Zeus/Aron:
Level 19. Silk scarf.

Hades/Geodude:
Level 20. Soft sand.

I have a strategy for May worked out. The shroomish shouldn't be too hard, since Zeus only takes normal damage, I'll just give him a cheri berry before the battle to avoid paralysis. The wailmer will hopefully be able to be beaten by Zeus as well, I'll use mud-slap to lower it's accuracy then finish with some headbutts. Combusken will be fought by Hades, I'm hoping magnitude will be enough, since Zeus takes 4x damage from fighting moves...

Teh Blazer
February 14th, 2010, 10:27 PM
Chapter 3: Whooping Wattson

Went to Slateport, beat every trainer on the beach
Went to Route 117, beat up all of the EASY trainers
Saww Wally, beat him up and made him cry
Crushed Wattson's lackies
Saved infront of Wattson, started with Sableye
Took A LOT of resetting because my team just LOVES to be Paralysis prone. I couldn't start with Shedinja because his Wattson's first Pokemon was Voltorb and it knew Rollout.
-Sableye took out Voltorb, Electrike, and Magneton with Night Shade (Gotta love that move) and Shedinja beat Manectric (it didn't know any moves that was super effective against me!)
That match was pretty like a normal match, nothing TOO hard for me

My Badges
Stone Badge

http://images.suicidalcoholica.multiply.com/image/1/photos/upload/300x300/SAd5PwoKCDUAADUSWn01/Knuckle%20Badge%20-%20Dewford%20Town.png?et=wlhPLiQoiqKZNga4fLh2cQ&nmid=
Knuckle Badge

http://www.rankopedia.com/CandidatePix/31709.gif
Dynamo Badge

Play Time
9:42

My current team:

Shedinja/Shedinja @Nothing Lv. 24
Double Team
Screech
Fury Cutter
Sand Attack

Hardly useful against Wattson, except Manectric

Sable/Sableye @Nothing Lv.29
Scratch
Faint Attack
Detect
Night Shade

This guy is my main beast, a total killer. Major change in level.

Tackle
Growl
Mud-Slap
Water Gun

Nothing really

Tackle
Growl
Cut
Rock Smash

I'm thinking about dumping Mudkip and going for two Zigzagoons. What do you think?

Hallylicious
February 14th, 2010, 11:08 PM
Once i catch a wailmer in the 3rd Gen scrambler challenge ill get back to finishing this off.

Lant
February 15th, 2010, 12:51 AM
I will quit this challenge cause i m too busy to play

Impo
February 15th, 2010, 02:56 AM
im gonna try and finish pkmn emerald just with Torchic/Combusken/Blaziken :) .

King!
February 15th, 2010, 06:11 AM
Hallylicious~ :O YOU PICK THEM OVER US! I would never do such a... oh wait... /guilty. You're off the hook. xD
Lant~ Aww... Well, thanks for playing!
Impo~ Does that mean you wanna do fire?

Houndoom19
February 15th, 2010, 10:55 AM
- Turned game on.
- Grinded (ground?) a bit north of Slateport, ground moves are good up there.
- Went back to Dewford.
- Entered gym, saved, challenged Brawly.
- Hades went out first against his machop.
- Used magnitude repeatedly to get it down to about 1-2HP with both potions used.
- Hades fainted.
- Sent out Zeus, finished machop with a headbutt.
- Next up, makuhita.
- He started with bulk up, giving me, essentially, a free attack.
- Next attack made him flinch.
- Third attack knocked him out.
- I got another badge. :D
- Went back to Slateport, saved and turned off.

Zeus/Aron:
Level 21. Silk scarf.

Hades/Geodude:
Level 21. Soft sand.

JeTz
February 15th, 2010, 04:13 PM
OMG ! Valentine + Chinese New Year do bother me alotALOTALOT ! I just got back from my friend's house so called ''party''. Alright Enough bull sh!tting. Update.

JeTz's Fighting Monotype Challenge Update 2
-Load the game
-Help the Devons and saved Peeko
-Defeated May
-Sail to Dewford
-Deliver the Letter while looking for a Makuhita and leveling up my Pokemon
-Marry Evolved
-Found a Makuhita and named him HairyYama
-Trained Hairy a little bit.
-Went to challenge Brawly and Marry solo win FTW.
-Delivered the Devon Goods. Thrashed down Team Aqua.
-Beat May. Again.
-Reached Mauville and beat Wattson at first attempt. Jenny got knocked out by Voltorb and Marry did all the stuff again!

Team

Jenny ♀ Lv.24
Impish Nature
-Peck
-Focus Energy
-Double Kick
-Ember
Jenny is getting me dissapointed. She seems to get outspeed by enemy all the time.

Marry ♀ Lv.26
Careful Nature
-Mega Drain
-Headbutt
-Mach Punch
-Leech Seed
The MVP of the team who knocked down all the Gym Leader's Pokemon by itself.

http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/4/4d/Spr_3r_296.png
HairyYama ♂ Lv.19
Serious Nature
-Fake out
-Focus Energy
-Vital Throw
-Arm Thrust
Haven't use for Gym battle and still in training.

sasuneuchiha
February 15th, 2010, 04:48 PM
Oh god...gonna try and remember this...

Trained Cacnea a lot

Cacnea Evolved

Went to 5th Gym to finally get it over with

Beat Gym Trainers

Beat Norman

Got Surf

Traveled towards Fortree

Headed North...towards Weather Institute

Ended up IN weather institute

Fought off Aquas

Got Castform, desposited

Battled May

Beat May

Heade south via water to get leaf stone

Evo'd Nuzleaf

Headed to Fortree

Went through to Route 120

Spent about an hour searching for an Absol

Finally caught one :)

Got the scope

Headed back to route 119

Used my new Good Rod to catch a Carvahna (topping off team)

Trained new members

Carvahna evo'd

Went to Abandoned Ship

Got Ice Beam

Taught to Sharpedo

Went to New Mauville

Shut off Generator

Got Thunderbolt

Taught to Absol

Went to 6th Gym

Beat down trainers

Destroyed Winona without even trying

Headed south...

Beat down all trainers

Finally got to Lilycove

Saved

Beat down May once more

Saved and stopped for a while...

and now, my full team!

Absol, Level 37

Thunderbolt
Slash
Swords Dance
Bite

Mighyena, Level 36

Strength
Howl
Odor Sleuth
Bite

(Hasn't changed at all >.>)

Sableye, Level 36

Rock Tomb
Fake Out
Faint Attack
Night Shade

(same with this guy)

Shiftry, Level 36

Fake Out
Nature Power
Faint Attack
Bullet Seed

(why isn't my team changing T.T)

Cacturne, Level 36

Faint Attack
Leech Seed
Secret Power
Pin Missile

(finally, a change!)

Sharpedo, Level 36

Slash
Surf
Crunch
Ice Beam

THERE! It's done. STOP BUGGING ME! xD

King!
February 15th, 2010, 05:32 PM
LOOK AT THIS POST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Okay, you guys, I've got news. I am going to Flordia in appox. 7.5 hours, and will be there for a week. SO, I might not be able to update the thread as often. Imma update it right now, and then....yeah. :3 So don't get worried if you aren't added soon enough, nice updates everyone, and have fun!

Symphonic.x.Fantasia
February 16th, 2010, 10:13 AM
-Went to Slateport
-Demolished the Seaside Shack...thing. (HOT BATTELZ, YO.)
-Saved.

I'm also a bit busy for today. So. Yeahh

Weatherman, Kiyoshi
February 16th, 2010, 01:55 PM
You know what? I have a copy of Ruby that I never do anything with. And everytime I play it again, I restart it! maybe this will actually make me get off my butt and actually play it.

Username: Kiyoshi
Type: Flying
Version: Ruby

----

I've made progress! :DDDDD

+ Turned on Game
+ Moved to Littleroot! :D
+ Wondered why my mom didn't let me go outside, and then won't let me leave my room until I adjusted the damn clock
+ Got aquanted with all the people of Littleroot
+ BIRCH IS BEING ATTACKED BY A SAVAGE POOCHYENA!!!1 :O
+ Used Treecko to save him!
+ Gave me Treeko as a gift! nicknamed it "Esuon"
+ Walked to Odale, got aquanted with everyone
+ Had Epic Slap Fight Battle with May, won
+ Chased her all the way back to Littleroot
+ Got Poke'Dex!
+ Felt sorry for footprint man, walked to Petalburg
+ Helped Wally and enjoyed Petalburg
+ Went through Petalburg Woods, and beat Magma Grunt!
+ Visted the Flower Hippies and got Wailmer Pail
+ Went to Rustboro, meet everyone, and beat Roxanne
+ OH DEAR LORDY NO! SOMEONE STOLE THE DEVON GOODS!
+ Treeko Evolved
+ Beat Magma Grunt in Rusturf Tunnel and saved Peeko! :D
+ Mr. Stone gives PokeNav!
+ Saved and turned off

-----

Team:

http://i49.tinypic.com/s1pzk4.png
"Esuon" The Grovyle

Lv. 18

- Pursuit
- Absorb
- Cut
- Leer

Teh Blazer
February 17th, 2010, 05:48 PM
You know what? I have a copy of Ruby that I never do anything with. And everytime I play it again, I restart it! maybe this will actually make me get off my butt and actually play it.

Username: Kiyoshi
Type: Flying

----

I've made progress! :DDDDD

+ Turned on Game
+ Moved to Littleroot! :D
+ Wondered why my mom didn't let me go outside, and then won't let me leave my room until I adjusted the damn clock
+ Got aquanted with all the people of Littleroot
+ BIRCH IS BEING ATTACKED BY A SAVAGE POOCHYENA!!!1 :O
+ Used Treecko to save him!
+ Gave me Treeko as a gift! nicknamed it "Esuon"
+ Walked to Odale, got aquanted with everyone
+ Had Epic Slap Fight Battle with May, won
+ Chased her all the way back to Littleroot
+ Got Poke'Dex!
+ Felt sorry for footprint man, walked to Petalburg
+ Helped Wally and enjoyed Petalburg
+ Went through Petalburg Woods, and beat Magma Grunt!
+ Visted the Flower Hippies and got Wailmer Pail
+ Went to Rustboro, meet everyone, and beat Roxanne
+ OH DEAR LORDY NO! SOMEONE STOLE THE DEVON GOODS!
+ Treeko Evolved
+ Beat Magma Grunt in Rusturf Tunnel and saved Peeko! :D
+ Mr. Stone gives PokeNav!
+ Saved and turned off

-----

Team:

http://i49.tinypic.com/s1pzk4.png
"Esuon" The Grovyle

Lv. 18

- Pursuit
- Absorb
- Cut
- Leer

Ummm.... shouldn't you have a Taillow or Wingull on your team?

Cardwell74
February 17th, 2010, 08:11 PM
i was doing an Ultimate monotype challenge with ground, but my crystal file died. i was really looking forward to the hoenn leg, so i'll take my business here. i started yesterday and i've made it a decent ways

Game: Ruby
Player Name: Brendan (not original I know)
Badges: 3

-started with Mudkip
-caught a zigzagoon (hm slave until later)
-helped wally catch a ralts
-went through the woods
-beat roxanne with ease
-rescued peeko
-became devon corps errand boy
-delivered letter
-went back and got EXP. Share
-beat brawly
-headed to saleport
-delivered the goods
-heaed to mauville
-almost got KO'd by May's Grovyle, but pulled it out
-got a mach bike
-OHKO'd all of wattsons pokemon
-headed north and caught a numel, and have been training him up.
-saved in the firey path for the night

Current Team
http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/5/51/Spr_3r_259.png
Marshtomp(Lvl 30)
-Tackle
-Rock Tomb
-Mud Shot
-Water Gun
http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/a/aa/Spr_3r_322.png
Numel (Lvl 22)
@EXP.Share
-Ember
-Growl
-Magnitude
-Tackle

HM Slaves
http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/3/33/Spr_3r_263.png
Zigzagoon
-Cut
-Rock Smash

I'll play more tomorrow. this play through has been fun, i'm actually enjoying Gen 3 a lot more than i used to.

Teh Blazer
February 17th, 2010, 11:11 PM
Chapter 4: Burning Archie and Flannery

Burned through the Flamey Tunnel place
Traveled all the way to Fallarbor Town
Discovered Team Magma's evil plot in Meteor Falls
Ran ALL THE WAY BACK to the front of the Flamey Tunnel
Climbed up the Pulley-thing
Saw a HUGE Pokemon **** fight on top of the mountain
Beat up some Magma members, Shedinja is totally useless now.
Beat Archie with ONLY Sableye (Yeah, a true beast)
Made him run away and stole the Meteorite from his machine
Ran down the mountain and avoided all of the trainers
Went through Flannery's Gym a few times, those holes confuse me...
Finally got to Flannery, took a few tries but I toppled her
-Numel was easy, two Faint Attacks and he was gone (The only move he used was Sunny Day)
-Slugma, I got lucky and Critical Hit him for a OHKO with Faint Attack
-Camerupt (A freakin huge wall!) took at least three Faint Attacks to take him down. Plus he spammed Overheat...
-Torkoal was actually quite easy, about two Night Shades and he was down.
Left with my badge and May gave me yet another useless item, Go-Goggles.

My Badges
Stone Badge

Knuckle Badge

Dynamo Badge

http://img517.imageshack.us/img517/7332/mc6sghjpg.png
Heat Badge

Play Time
12:07

My current team:

Shedinja/Shedinja @Nothing Lv. 25
Double Team
Screech
Fury Cutter
Sand Attack

Never used him, a total joke now

Sable/Sableye @Nothing Lv.34
Scratch
Faint Attack
Detect
Night Shade

The only guy I use now, no change in his attacks

Tackle
Growl
Mud-Slap
Water Gun

Nothing

Tackle
Growl
Cut
Rock Smash

I'm thinking about dumping Mudkip and going for two Zigzagoons. What do you think?

Nikorasu
February 18th, 2010, 03:48 AM
I'll start with electric. This will be fun :)

PlatniumPiano
February 18th, 2010, 02:17 PM

You could but then who would be the water HM slave? I'm pretty sure Ziggy can't learn dive.

I always found the best HM slave duo is Tropius + Water Type lol

Teh Blazer
February 18th, 2010, 04:20 PM
You could but then who would be the water HM slave? I'm pretty sure Ziggy can't learn dive.

I always found the best HM slave duo is Tropius + Water Type lol

You're right, Ziggy can't dive, but Linoone can learn Strength, which will come in handy. So, I'll just keep Mudkip, but Fly will be a problem... (Eh, I can just switch one of the two slaves with a flyer anytime.

Weatherman, Kiyoshi
February 18th, 2010, 06:50 PM
*cough* I didn't really want a wingull or taillow in the first place anyway, but I did snag a zubat in granite cave before Brawly.

Anyways, I've made major progress, Since I've really got nothing better to do.

Place: Mauville City
Current Objective: Beat Wattson

Team:

http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/c/cc/Spr_4h_042_m.png
"Degree" The Golbat
Lv. 29

- Bite
- Wing Attack
- Astonish
- Confuse Ray

http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/f/f0/Spr_4h_130_f.png
"Xerviva" The Gyarados
Lv. 22

- Bite
- Splash
- Tackle

http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/4/4c/Spr_4d_253.png
"Esuon" The Grovyle (HM SLAVE)

[Used for Cut, Rock Smash, and Flash]

Grifstar
February 18th, 2010, 07:39 PM
HOLY CRAP SORRY FOR DISAPPEARING.

I've been sorta distracted and so haven't played much lately. But I'm still in that long gap between Winona and Liza/Tate. Kind of at the end though, Groudon woke up, Aqua stole the sub, already made it to Mossdeep and got a Super Rod to catch a Staryu(and did), I think I can technically fight the gym now but I might grind a bit more first (I think I can also technically get into Shoal Cave by now too. A Spheal would be nice to have)

... Yanno I'm disappointed. I went though all that to get a Shadow Ball TM and not a single one of my Pokemon can even use it >>. I would've thought a Starmie at least could, but apparently not either (but it's okay, I have a moveset already planned for it now. Even if it will cost me an arm and a leg at the Game Corner)

I'm not really too worried about HM slaves, I only need one for the just the wimpier ones like Rock Smash and Flash. Surf, Fly, and Strength (and even Waterfall, though I like it more when it becomes a physical) are all actually really decent moves.

And yanno, does help that I'm training water types anyway ;;

kieeeranz
February 19th, 2010, 09:46 AM
Name: Kieran
Type: Grass
Badges: 1
Rustboro Gym

http://ds.rothion.com/images/dp/treecko.png
Treecko - Lv. 13

Pound
Leer
Absorb
Quick Attack

http://ds.rothion.com/images/dp/shroomish.png
Shroomish - Lv. 13

Absorb
Tackle
Stun Spore
Leech Seed

http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/c/ce/270.png
Lotad - Lv. 12

Astonish
Growl
Absorb

Next Goal
- Seedot + Oddish -

Weatherman, Kiyoshi
February 19th, 2010, 02:32 PM
Made progress!
I have to say, I'm drilling this thing. XD
Finally got Wattson's badge, too. I never thought I would be so worried about being paralyzed. :/

Current Location: Fallabor Town
Current Objective: Hey, where's Prof. Cozmo?

Team:

http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/5/5a/Spr_4h_169.png
"Degree" The Crobat
Lv. 31

- Bite
- Astonish
- Wing Attack
- Confuse Ray

"Xerviva" The Gyarados
Lv. 28

- Bite
- Tackle
- Secret Power
- Dragon Rage

http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/f/fd/Spr_4h_227.png
"Nohtaram" the Skarmory
Lv. 16

- Peck
- Sand-Attack
- Swift
- Agility

"Esuon" The Grovyle
Lv. 17

[HM SLAVE]
- Flash
- Rock Smash
- Strength
- Cut

(I now also have two Spinda, The first because I thought I was going to have a Secret Power slave before I realized it's actually a pretty good move, and the second because it literally has a heart on it <3)

"Vertgaco" The Non-slave Spinda
"Ruliet" The Heart Spinda

Grifstar
February 19th, 2010, 08:00 PM
Did beat Tate and Liza last night, since I just decided to take it on without grinding first (and see how far I would get). Needless to say, it was eaaaasssy. Only one faint, and that only was because having a Tentacruel in a room with psychics just isn't the brightest move anyway :|

And I think.. I think I might have my final team planned o:. Just need a couple evolutions and all that.

http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/sprites/plmfa/260.png
Merky ♂, Lv. 40 /w Soft Sand
Adamant Nature
- Strength, Take Down, Mud Shot, Water Gun

Colonello ♂, Lv. 39
Hasty Nature
- Protect, Water Gun, Fly, Wing Attack

Mammon ♂, Lv. 40 /w Mystic Water
Sassy Nature
- Barrier, Supersonic, Bubblebeam, Acid

http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/sprites/plmfa/319.png
Edge ♂, Lv. 38 /w Blackglasses
Lonely Nature
- Bite, Slash, Focus Energy, Crunch

http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/sprites/plmfa/120.png
Ruby, Lv. 28
Bold Nature
- Recover, Camouflage, Swift, Bubblebeam

http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/sprites/plmfa/363.png
Frostberg ♂, Lv. 30
Serious Nature
- Encore, Ice Ball, Body Slam, Aurora Beam

HM Slave
Greeza ♀, Lv. 9

One badge left X3

syphilis
February 19th, 2010, 08:16 PM
hm, haven't done a monotype for a while, so i'll do this with normal types.

Username: syphilis
Type: normal
Version: ruby

maybe i'll finally beat ruby -.-

rockshock28
February 19th, 2010, 08:57 PM
Name: Sean
Type: Dark
Version: Emerald.
I'll write a log once I start.

Teh Blazer
February 19th, 2010, 10:35 PM
Chapter 5: Defeating Dad!

Ran all the way back to Dad's Town
FORGOT the Exp. Share
Went to Dad's Gym
Fought all of the hard trainers, figured out the plates above the trainer is in Japanese http://img9.imageshack.us/img9/3992/saveic.png
Got to Dad
Wanted to save, but ACCIDENTALLY fought him
-Wanted to die, but found myself winning
-Spinda was Teetering his way to annoyance, but Sableye won him over
-Crushed Vigoroth with my wonderful Faint Attack
-Slaking was a BEAST! His beefy Defense kept him in the play for a while, but I managed to slowly deplete his life
-Lastly, Linoone. The EASIEST! I learned Confuse Ray, which played a lot.
-First, he BellyDrummed. I Confuse Rayed him.
-I then FaintAttacked him leaving barely any life left. He was soo confused he killed himself! Epic!
Dad said his speech, man interrupted him
Got Surf and went all the way back to Mauville
Broke into New Mauville, shut off their power.
Got Thunderbolt (which will come in handy later...)

My Badges
Stone Badge

Knuckle Badge

Dynamo Badge

Heat Badge

http://images.suicidalcoholica.multiply.com/image/1/photos/upload/300x300/SAd5kAoKCDUAADSoS6Y1/Balance%20Badge%20-%20Petalburg%20City.png?et=oawEOdvaexsgEnrFaQLNCQ&nmid=
Normal Badge

Play Time
13:00

My current team:

Shedinja/Shedinja @Nothing Lv. 25
Double Team
Screech
Fury Cutter
Sand Attack

I should replace him, he's useless...

Sable/Sableye @Nothing Lv.37
Scratch
Faint Attack
Detect
Confuse Ray

My main man!

Tackle
Growl
Mud-Slap
Water Gun

Nothing

Tackle
Growl
Cut
Rock Smash

He learned Surf!

rockshock28
February 19th, 2010, 11:03 PM
Log #1:
Started game.
Set clock, watched TV report, and talked to May.
Went to the forest and saved Birch with a Treecko.
Got Treecko, did not name him.
Laughed, never realized how stupid the character's hair looks.
Got to Oldale, and got the potion from the merchant.
Beat May, got the Pokeballs, and the Running Shoes.
Caught a Lv. 3 Poochyena (Boy), and named him Demon Fido.
Went to the PC, and tried to release Treecko, but it kept coming back.
Put the dumb thing in the Storage Box. Now my true quest begins.
Bought a few potions, getting ready to train.
Got Demon Fido up to Level 7.
Defeated the trainers on the way to Petalburg, Demon Fido is now Level 9.
Met Dad, and got Wally his Ralts.
Ran into Scott.
Got through Petalburg Woods, and Route 104. Demon Fido is now Level 11.
Ended Game.

Demon Fido: Level 11
Badges: 0.

Hallylicious
February 19th, 2010, 11:23 PM
Defeated Team aqua in the sea floor place. Caught kyrogue
Challenged Wallace and i won =D
I now have all 8 badges
Next up im going to challenge the elite four.

Team:
Saik/ALAKAZAM lvl 42
-Shock Wave
-Psychic
-Reflect
-Recover

Voyer/GARDEVOIR lvl 39
-Psychic
-Thunderbolt
-Thief
-Calm Mind

Loony/LUNATONE lvl 40
-Psychic
-Hypnosis
-Rock Tomb
-Cosmic Power

Spinner/CLAYDOL lvl 42
-Sandstorm
-Earthquake
-Rock Tomb
-Hyper Beam

Tue/XATU lvl 40
-Fly
-Wish
-Night Shade
-Steel Wing

Slaves:
Wailmer
-Surf
-Dive
-Waterfall
-Strength

syphilis
February 20th, 2010, 01:42 PM
normal's tough :\

-caught two zigzagoons (goonie and zigzanoob)
-trained zigzanoob to level 10 and then started avoiding trainers
-caught a whismur (death.)
-trained whismur to level 10 and then started beating trainers
-caught a taillow (meese), slakoth, and skitty, but i'm only using the taillow...
-attempted to beat roxanne with just death. and some tail whip support, and i almost did, but then i...didn't.
-restarted and grinded to level 20 so death. would evolve.
-and then i beat roxanne with less trouble, although she was still annoying.

Team:

death. lvl 20
http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/pkrs046.gif
-Pound
-Uproar
-Astonish
-Howl

meese lvl 15
http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/pkrs025.gif
-Peck
-Quick Attack
-Wing Attack
-Focus Energy

at least brawly will be absurdly easy.

rockshock28
February 20th, 2010, 05:18 PM
Log #2:
Started game.
Raised Demon Fido up to Level 13.
Learned Bite.
Went back to Rustboro, healed, and bought 3 potions.
Headed for the first gym.
Fought the first trainer, Demon Fido beat him in two turns.
Fought the second trainer, too easy.
Third trainer, another easy fight. Demon Fido is Level 14.
Healed at the PC, and bought two more potions.
Challenged Roxanne.
After many, many tries (I hate Nosepass!), finally beat Roxanne.
Demon Fido evolved into Mightyena, and is now Level 19.
Did the Devon Goods thing, Demon Fido is Level 20.
Went back to Briney's house, and took the boat to Dewport.
Gave the letter to Steven (I know the cave well, so I don't need Flash.)
Trained a bit in Granite Cave. Demon Fido is Level 21.
Healed, then went to the second gym.
Defeated one of the trainers, then challenged Brawly.
After losing, decided to train in Granite Cave some more. Demon Fido is now Level 22.
Headed for the gym to re-challenge Brawly.
After a massive amount of tries, beat Brawly. Demon Fido is Level 27.
Ended Game.
Demon Fido: Level 27
Badges: 2

syphilis
February 20th, 2010, 06:27 PM
brawly was easy. after i got peeko back, i decided to go straight to brawly and i beat him on my first try only using meese. sad.

then i sailed to slateport and beat up some small beach-going children and sailors. i moved on to the museum to beat up team magma and then i made my way to mauville to beat up an old man. after two howls (and about a 10 level gain from where i left off), death. easily beat wattson even with his magneton. also, supersonic doesn't work on death. and apparently, it has enough HP so the AI thinks it's unbeatable unless it uses sonicboom, so that was helpful.

now i'm on my way to catch the final member of my team, zangoose spinda (lul, zangoose is too annoying to train). or should i use wigglytuff too? hm.

Team:

death. lvl 30 @ Silk Scarf
-Stomp
-Uproar
-Astonish
-Howl

meese lvl 31
http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/pkrs026.gif
-Wing Attack
-Steel Wing
-Double Team
-Quick Attack

Ninja Caterpie
February 20th, 2010, 07:22 PM
It's over!

I'm done!

I accidentally brought my Wynaut with me into the Elite Four, but I owned so much it doesn't count.

Riiight? 8D

http://img41.imageshack.us/img41/4092/copyofpokemonemerald01.png

PlatniumPiano
February 20th, 2010, 09:19 PM
It's over!

I'm done!

I accidentally brought my Wynaut with me into the Elite Four, but I owned so much it doesn't count.

Riiight? 8D

Wrong. Re-do.

Lol just kidding, let Kingo decide your fate... WELCOME TO THE CLUB YO.

Hallylicious
February 20th, 2010, 09:53 PM
Wouldn't see too many oddish's in the hall of fame

Ninja Caterpie
February 20th, 2010, 10:07 PM
No you wouldn't, but I limited myself to pure-grass HM slaves, so I get to. >=D

Hallylicious
February 20th, 2010, 10:47 PM
Sometime this week when i find time im going to challenge the e4.
Should i train my pokemon up to lvl 55s?

Ninja Caterpie
February 21st, 2010, 02:23 AM
Higher might be better.

Steven/Wallace has Pokemon in their high 50's.

PlatniumPiano
February 21st, 2010, 12:46 PM
Well I was able to do pretty well on the E4. Mine were all 55 (but they were steel, Aggron was brutal, and I was playing Ruby), so I'm pretty sure its do-able.

Teh Blazer
February 21st, 2010, 10:52 PM
Chapter 6: What's the Weather?

Traveled up the jungle of madness, skipped EVERY SINGLE TRAINER!
Saw some Aqua men blocking the way
It was getting wet, so I decided to go inside this conveniently placed house
Saw some blue men, beat them up
Found out they wanted to know the weather, what a plot twist!
Helped out the weather men, even though they had plenty of Castforms to defend themselves!
The weather let up a bit, so I decided to leave
My girlfriend saw me and challenged me
Easily beat her, then she gave me something actually useful, HM FLY
Scott saw me fight and wanted to watch me like a stalker
Strolled past Winona's Land
Helped Steven see the unseeable
Went down the route where people can KILL you!
Caught a Shuppet, named her Ghost
Taught Ghost Thunderbolt
Trained Ghost a few levels before I died for the first time!
Stupid Rangers...
Oh, btw, ditched Shedinja. You knew it was coming!

My Badges
Stone Badge

Knuckle Badge

Dynamo Badge

Heat Badge

http://images.suicidalcoholica.multiply.com/image/1/photos/upload/300x300/SAd5kAoKCDUAADSoS6Y1/Balance%20Badge%20-%20Petalburg%20City.png?et=oawEOdvaexsgEnrFaQLNCQ&nmid=
Normal Badge

Play Time
14:24

My current team:

http://www.pokemonnegro.com/imagenes/pokemons2/dpmfa353.png
Ghost/Shuppet @Spell Tag Lv. 30
Screech
Night Shade
Thunderbolt
Spite

My homeGIRL!

Sable/Sableye @Nothing Lv.40
Scratch
Faint Attack
Detect
Confuse Ray

No change in levels, gotta save those for Ghost!

Tackle
Growl
Mud-Slap
Water Gun

Nothing

Tackle
Surf
Cut
Rock Smash

He learned Surf!

Cardwell74
February 22nd, 2010, 11:01 AM
Sorry i havent updated in so long. my laptop has been slowly crashing. i dont remember specifics but i know ive done the following
-cleared team magma out of mt. chimmney
-beat flannery
-caught a trapinch
-numel evolved
-marhstomp also evolved
-beat norman
-taught swampert both surf and ice beam.
currently training trapinch before going much further

im hoping to have things go back to normal soon

syphilis
February 22nd, 2010, 04:17 PM
i decided against using zangoose or spinda because i didn't feel like training them...

so i'll be sticking with meese and death. for the rest of the challenge.

i went through meteor falls and stuff, and then i beat maxie on top of the volcano which was incredibly easy. then i beat flannery which was annoying because both meese and death. were attracted to that torkoal. i couldn't see what was so special about it, but i guess she was...rather attractive (HAH! it would've been a pun if i said she was hot, but i didn't say it. i win, puns.). and then i beat daddy. his first slaking abused facade, so i abused double team and made it miss to the point where it was forced to use faint attack and do almost nothing. and then vigoroth could only use faint attack, so i murder'd it. the second slaking used an unexpected focus punch, so i healed and it punched me. i survived though. and then i killed it out of spite.

Team:

death. lvl 35 @ Silk Scarf
-Stomp
-Uproar
-Astonish
-Howl

meese lvl 36
http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/pkrs026.gif
-Wing Attack
-Steel Wing
-Double Team
-Quick Attack

Liacri
February 23rd, 2010, 04:30 PM
This sounds like fun. ^^ Mind if I join in?

Username: Liacri
Type: Steel

PlatniumPiano
February 23rd, 2010, 05:11 PM
^ Yesssss....

Here's a little tip-I thought Mawile was pretty useless. But I'd go ahead and use it anyways, if just to have four party members. Aggron's definatley your best bet there, Magneton's nice and Skarmory.... Eh. But its a really fun run lol if we can get two steel champions we'll own the world >:]

BTW King(o)! I know you're back tommorow so I have a question about this first post:

Champions
Steel: JohnPaulJones(1)

Does this mean I can keep re-challenging for eternity 0_0 so it eventually will look like this?

Champions
Steel: JohnPaulJones([maxedout])

Christopher
February 23rd, 2010, 05:26 PM
I having a go at it using my favorite type STEEL!! see if I can get it done
as soon as I get a Scizor I'll be golden

Teh Blazer
February 24th, 2010, 04:45 PM
Chapter 7: Dawn of the Duskull!

Decided to go get a Duskull before challenging Winona
Traveled all the way back to Mt. Pyre and climbed up the stairs
Reached to about the third floor skipping as much battles as possible
Walked around avoiding the trainers I hadn't battled yet
Fled from the annoying Shuppets (Why won't the stop?!?!?)
FINALLY found a Duskull, female. named her Shadow. (You know, this always happens to me! When I choose a boy as the hero, I always find the Pokemon I want on my team to be females!)
Ran all the way back to Fortree
Finished off the trainers on the Jungley Route
Sableye learned Shadow Ball, an important move!
Gave the lonely woman a Harbor Mail, she gave me a Coin Case
Spent every single cent I had for Ice Beam
Taught Ice Beam to Shadow
After I taught Shadow Ice Beam, I figured out her Special Attack was pretty low, so it was a waste of money!
Let some steam off on Winona's lackeys
Ghost evolved! Yay!
Flew into battle with Winona (Get it, flew?)
Shadow took down Swablu and Tropius (Lucky for Criticals!)
Ghost took down Swellow, Pelliper and almost Altaria
Had to get rough, so I sent out Sableye for a few Shadow Balls
Made Winona cough up her badge and saved.

My Badges
Stone Badge

Knuckle Badge

Dynamo Badge

Heat Badge

Normal Badge

http://images.suicidalcoholica.multiply.com/image/1/photos/upload/300x300/SAd5pwoKCDUAAEAecY81/Feather%20Badge%20-%20Fortree%20City.png?et=1ift3%2BNViMQ19LDu0lCQIg&nmid=
Feather Badge

Play Time
17:26

My current team:

http://www.pokemonnegro.com/imagenes/pokemons2/dpmfa354.png
Ghost/Banette @Spell Tag Lv. 38 (F)
Will-O-Wisp
Night Shade
Thunderbolt
Faint Attack

Without her, I couldn't beat Winona!

http://www.pokemonnegro.com/imagenes/pokemons2/dpmfa355.png
Shadow/Duskull @Nothing Lv. 32 (F)
Ice Beam
Astonish
Confuse Ray
Pursuit

The newest (and last) addition to my team

Sable/Sableye @Nothing Lv.40 (M)
Scratch
Faint Attack
Shadow Ball
Confuse Ray

Still useful, he's the best!

Tackle
Growl
Mud-Slap
Water Gun

Nothing

Tackle
Surf
Cut
Rock Smash

Too bad he can't learn Fly...

Cardwell74
February 24th, 2010, 05:22 PM
Finally have an updated worth posting.

-Trapinch evolved to Vibrava
-caught a tropious as a HM slave
-got to weather institute
-beat team magma , got the castform, took it mystic water and gave it to swampert
-beat may, got fly from her. tropious knows cut, fly, strength and rock smash.
-heaed to fortree, skipped the gym as i cant get in
-talked to steven, caught the kecleon
-headed back to gym, camerupt did everything except winona's altari, which got ice beamed by swampert
-headed south, training swampert and vibrava as i went
-went into safari zone, caught a psyduck for HMs and a rhyhorn
-beat may in lilycove
--went up mt. prye
-witnessed the sub theft, and cleared the magma base, got my masterball
-heading to...whatever city tate and liza's gym is in

current team:

Swampert (Lvl 40)
@Mystic Water
-Takedown
-Mudshot
-Ice Beam
-Surf

Camerupt (Lvl 40)
@Macho Brace
-Rock Slide
-Overheat
-Secret Power
-Earthquake

Vibrava (Lvl 41)
@Amulet Coin
-Dragonbreathe
-Crunch
-Facade
-Steel Wing

Rhyhorn (lvl 30)
-Rock Blast
-Stomp
-Fury Attack
-Something Else i can't remember

HM Slaves

Tropious
-Cut
-Fly
-Strength
-Rock Smash

Psyduck
-Surf
-Flash

i ditched Zigzagoon. i plan to psyduck dive and waterfall. i'm going to evolve vibrava before i use anyone else in battle

myrrhman
February 24th, 2010, 10:57 PM
Oh boy, another place to start a water monotype challenge.

Character: A
Type: Water
Game: I have them all... we'll go sapphire.

Alpha_Spike
February 25th, 2010, 12:45 AM
Eh sure why not? But it won't be happening just yet. When I start my Ruby I shall do this:

Username: Alpha_Spike

I'll be starting in like a week

Hallylicious
February 25th, 2010, 05:47 PM
I caught a lvl 40 Medichan in victory road
Beat Wally easily
I trained for hours.
Got all my pokemon to lvl 60. Baught alot of revives and full restores
Challenged the league.
Beat everyone with relative ease except the dragon guy, he took me down to jut my Alakazam and Xatu.
Defeated Steven with a tag team of my Lunatone and Gardevoir.
Lunatone putting them to sleep and then gardevoir eating their dreams, muhahaha.

http://i481.photobucket.com/albums/rr180/Hally15/halloffame.jpg
I have completed this challenge =D

Teh Blazer
February 25th, 2010, 10:07 PM
Chapter 8: Melting Maxie!

Ran down to Lilycove City beating all of the trainers
Wen back to Route 221 (or something) and went South of Mt. Pyre
Beat every trainer there, even went back to the Trick House
Caught a Wingull for Fly
Taught Wingull Fly
Flew back to Mt. Pyre, climbed up the tower
Once I finished the insides, I traveled the outside
Found some Magma members, beat them up
Finally found the cult's leader, Maxie
he talked about something, but I didn't care. He ran away
The old people gave me a Magma Emblem
Flew back to Vendanturf Town
Broke a rock and some buff guy gave me an HM 04
I traveled to Flannery's Town, went up the Jagged Pass
"Discovered" Magma's "secret" hideout
Shadow evolved! YAY!
Went all the way through the magma hideout and fought members who just wanted to tell me about their problems
Finally found Maxie trying to awaken Groundon with some Orb (Never heard about a Poke Flute, did he?)
He blamed me for the mess and fought
-I sent out Ghost against his Mighteyanna, needless to say a few Thunderbolts took him down
-Crobat was a piece of pie, two Thunderbolts from Ghost took him out
-I sent out Shadow (even though she had only a few bits of health left, just for the Amulet Coin boost). She did nothing, so Sableye Shadow Balled Camerupt to death. Yeah, I'm pro.

My Badges
Stone Badge

Knuckle Badge

Dynamo Badge

Heat Badge

Normal Badge

http://images.suicidalcoholica.multiply.com/image/1/photos/upload/300x300/SAd5pwoKCDUAAEAecY81/Feather%20Badge%20-%20Fortree%20City.png?et=1ift3%2BNViMQ19LDu0lCQIg&nmid=
Feather Badge

Play Time
22:21

My current team:

Ghost/Banette @Nothing Lv. 45 (F)
Will-O-Wisp
Night Shade
Thunderbolt
Faint Attack

Nothing new, but she's still very good!

http://www.pokemonnegro.com/imagenes/pokemons2/dpmfa356.png
Shadow/Dusclops @Nothing Lv. 32 (F)
Ice Beam
Shadow Punch
Confuse Ray
Pursuit

Slowly proving her worth!

Sable/Sableye @Spell Tag Lv.46 (M)
Scratch
Faint Attack
Shadow Ball
Confuse Ray

Nothing new, just levels

Tackle
Growl
Mud-Slap
Water Gun

Nothing

Tackle
Surf
Cut
Rock Smash

http://www.pokemonnegro.com/imagenes/pokemons2/dpmfa278.png
Wingull/Wingull @Nothing Lv. 25
Water Gun
Supersonic
Fly
Mist

The only reason I have her is for Fly

Hallylicious
February 25th, 2010, 10:28 PM
Could i playthrough again with bug type on ruby?

Im gonna start anway and not post untill you add me on the list.

You know what ill just post anyway and i'll see what happens.

Started the game as a female and called myself Bugsy (G/S/C reference [2nd Gym Leader])
Chose mudkip and saved prof. birch. Called Mudkip HM SLAVE
Did the usual stuff
Caught a wurmple Bashful nature and trained into a cascoon
Met Norman (Dad)
Helped Wally catch a Ralts
Went into Petalburg Woods and caught a wurmple Mild nature and trained into Silcoon
Ran straight through Rustboro to Route 10 and caught a nincada
Trained all my team to lvl 10 and then continued to train Nincada to level 20 and got a Ninjask and Shedinja
Trained Beautifly and Dustox to lvl 15
Challenged Roxanne and lost
Re-thought my approach and I won the 2nd time
Helped Mr Brine get Peeko back and went into the Mr Stone’s office and got Poke Nav
Gave Steven his letter
Chalenged Brawly and won with Bly's Gust and Dustox's Gust and confusion
Saved and turned off.

Team:
Bly/Beautifly lvl 16
-Tackle
-Gust
-Poison sting
-absorb

Dustox/Dustox lvl 17
-Protect
-Gust
-poison sting
-confusion
Shedinja/Shedinja lvl 20
-Fury Cutter
-Double team
-Scratch
-Sand-attack

Ninjar/Ninjask lvl 20
-Fury Cutter
-Double team
-Scratch
-Sand-attack

HM SLAVE/Mudkip lvl 10

Weatherman, Kiyoshi
February 26th, 2010, 10:19 AM
UPDATE!:

Current Objective: Road to Fortree City!
Personal Objective: Raise Pokemon's levels

Team:

"Degree" the Crobat
Lv. 35

- Bite
- Air Cutter
- Wing Attack
- Confuse Ray

"Xerviva" the Gyarados
Lv. 36

- Surf
- Secret Power
- Thunderbolt
- Dragon Rage

"Notaram" the Skarmory
Lv. 32

- Air Cutter
- Steel Wing
- Swift
- Agility

http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/6/63/Spr_4p_357.png
"Outquwarth" the Tropius
Lv. 28

- Growth
- Razor leaf
- Stomp
- Sweet Scent

http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/c/ca/Spr_4p_333.png
"Nobilicray" the Swablu
Lv. 24

- Peck
- Fury attack
- Attract
- Toxic

"Esuon" the Grovyle
Lv. 17

HM SLAVE for
[Rock Smash, Cut, Strength, and Flash]

THE BOX BUDDIES WHO ROOT FOR US! :D

Vertgaco the Spinda
Rouliet the Spinda
Menizar the Zangoose
Pap Rautzi the Wynaut

-----

I really need a good place to beef up everyone, especially Nobilicray and Outquwarth.

Any ideas, anyone?

FaWa
February 26th, 2010, 02:37 PM
Blegh, it's been forever! I'm really too lazy to make a full update, but I just beat the fifth badge and I'm currently level pwning a new Zubat that's holding an exp. share. Once it gets around even with my others I'll start actually battling with it.

Cheers,
FaWa

Teh Blazer
February 26th, 2010, 09:35 PM
Chapter 9: Toppling Twins!

After feeling cool, I flew back to Lilycove
some Aqua members blocked the entrance to their cult, so I went to Slateport
Coincidentally, some people were trying to steal a submarine!
They got away, so I went back to Lilycove
This time the lair was open
I went inside making sure I thoroughly did everything (Stole their Masterball!)
I found an Admin and crushed him
Archie got away, but that isn't the last I'll see him again
I swam over to Mossdeep and went into the Space Center
Nothing happened, so I went to the Gym
Beat up the trainers and got past the annoying traps
Finally found Liza and Tate
Tried to beat them, but failed
After my defeat, I grinded for a bit (only a few levels)
Now I challenged them again and WON!
-Xatu was saved for last, he was the weakest one
-Claydol was probably the reason I lost, his Earthquake would rip me to shreds. Had to use a Sableye Shadow Ball, Shadow Shadow Punch combo.
-Lunatone was easy, he never landed a hit
-Solrock set up a Sunny Day, but I beat it before it could use it

My Badges
http://images.suicidalcoholica.multiply.com/image/1/photos/upload/300x300/SAd5IQoKCDUAACnKHcs1/Stone%20Badge%20-%20Rustboro%20City.png?et=IC2C5APKdJa%2C3J8aFVjI4Q&nmid=
Stone Badge

Knuckle Badge

Dynamo Badge

Heat Badge

Normal Badge

Feather Badge

http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/thumb/c/cc/Mind_Badge.png/40px-Mind_Badge.png
Mind Bagde

Play Time
22:21

My current team:

Ghost/Banette @Nothing Lv. 48 (F)
Will-O-Wisp
Shadow Ball
Thunderbolt
Faint Attack

With the new Shadow Ball, she kills!

Shadow/Dusclops @Amulet Coin Lv. 49 (F)
Ice Beam
Shadow Punch
Confuse Ray
Pursuit

A beast in walls! She has a beefy defense!

Sable/Sableye @Spell Tag Lv.49 (M)
Scratch
Faint Attack
Shadow Ball
Confuse Ray

Once more, just levels

Tackle
Growl
Mud-Slap
Water Gun

Nothing

Tackle
Surf
Cut
Rock Smash

Water Gun
Supersonic
Fly
Mist

Alpha_Spike
February 27th, 2010, 01:42 PM
Started my ground challenge today. Picked Mudkip as my starter but forgot to nickname so have to wait until Slateport. Already planed out my team thanks to Bulbapedia =)

Currently:
Training mudkip to evolve before taking on Roxanne. Current level: 12 almost 13. Just outside of Rustboro

Teh Blazer
February 27th, 2010, 03:45 PM
Chapter 10: The Legend of Rayquaza!

I went to Steven's house to see what's up, but he wasn't there
Decided to check the Rocket Lab
For some reason, it was flooded with Magma people!
I fought all the way through the first floor and climbed up the stairs
When I got up, I got cornered by some Magma thugs
After I beat them up, I saw Steven facing off Maxie and his trusted Admin
I decided to help and Steven pitched in three of his Pokemon (Metang, Skarmory, and Aggron)
-Instead of describing the battle, I'll tell you how EPIC it was with Steven's Pokemon by my side.
-Metang was pretty good, he just wouldn't die! I wanted to have him lose so I could see what types of other Pokemon could be used
-Sadly, Skarmory was never used so I can't say much about it...
-Aggron had killer moves. It's a shame he was sent out during the same time as Camerupt. Earthquake OHKOed Aggron in one hit, even with Thunder and Dragon Claw.
Once that was all said and done, Maxie realized the error of his ways
Steven thanked me for my deeds and left
I checked his house and he gave me a HM 0something (Dive)
Taught Mudkip the HM Dive and scanned the sea
Found the secret lair of Kyogre and some Aqua men
Beat them up and found Kyogre
Archie appeared and wanted to fight me (loser)
-Mighteyanna was a bit annoying. It took a Confuse Ray and Dusclops to take him down.
-Crobat was fairly easy, two Thunderbolts shot him out of the sky
-Sharpedo was probably the easiest. Only one Thunderbolt was needed (Soo lucky for Sharpedo's low defense!)
Archie's Red Orb glowed (why does Kyogre get the Red and Groundon get the Blue Orb? Shouldn't it be switched around?)
Kyogre woke up but ran away
Archie got a call and learned Kyogre is causing terror with the weather
Maxie came and gave Archie the wake-up call he needed
We all got teleported out and the weather changed every two seconds!
I swam to Sootopolis and found the beasts fighting eachother
http://img294.imageshack.us/img294/751/legend.png
Talked to Steven and he led me to Wallace
Wallace told me to seek out Rayquaza and so I found out the Sky Pillar
I climbed up it (Hey, there's barely any cracking tiles!) and found Rayquaza
Without saying a word, Rayquaza zoomed out of the sky somewhere
I left back to Sootopolis and found this:
http://img707.imageshack.us/img707/4126/rayf.png
Rayquaza calmed the beasts and they went back to their respective places
Archie and Maxie left to (maybe) return their stolen orbs and Wallace thanked me.
After that, I healed my Pokemon (never healed form the beginning of this report to the end) and saved.
Probably the most epic of the storyline

My Badges
http://images.suicidalcoholica.multiply.com/image/1/photos/upload/300x300/SAd5IQoKCDUAACnKHcs1/Stone%20Badge%20-%20Rustboro%20City.png?et=IC2C5APKdJa%2C3J8aFVjI4Q&nmid=
Stone Badge

Knuckle Badge

Dynamo Badge

Heat Badge

Normal Badge

Feather Badge

http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/thumb/c/cc/Mind_Badge.png/40px-Mind_Badge.png
Mind Bagde

http://www.pokemontrash.com/pokedex/images/diamantperle/384.png
Saving the World Badge

Play Time
26:55

My current team:

Ghost/Banette @Nothing Lv. 53 (F)
Will-O-Wisp
Shadow Ball
Thunderbolt
Faint Attack

My main attack for the upcoming battle against Juan!

Shadow/Dusclops @Amulet Coin Lv. 51 (F)
Ice Beam
Shadow Punch
Confuse Ray
Pursuit

Thought about Earthquake on her. What do you think?

Sable/Sableye @Spell Tag Lv.51 (M)
Scratch
Faint Attack
Shadow Ball
Confuse Ray

Once more, just levels

Tackle
Growl
Mud-Slap
Dive

Diver

Tackle
Surf
Cut
Rock Smash

Water Gun
Supersonic
Fly
Mist

King!
February 27th, 2010, 04:18 PM
PlatinumPiano~ Your the only person who's post I've read so far, and it just means that you finished it first. Others will have numbers accordingly.

Alpha_Spike
February 27th, 2010, 04:27 PM
Update:
Mudkip evolved and is now a level 19 Marshtomp. Training in Granite cave before Brawly. No new team members caught have to wait until after Watson for them.

Katie_Q
February 27th, 2010, 07:24 PM
Hey I'm going to do a grass run through on my sapphire version. I've planned out my team so that I won't need any hm slaves, and planned it so I'll have some variety (eg. grass/poison, grass/dark)
My planned team (may change my mind about team):
Treeko to evolve into sceptile.
Lotad to evolve into Ludicolo
Shroomish to evolve into Breloom
Tropius
Cacnea to evolve into Cacturne
Oddish to evolve into vileplume (May change to bellosom)

Alpha_Spike
February 27th, 2010, 07:53 PM
Update:
Beat Brawly after two tries and left to go get to Watson. Currently stuck on May with her Grovyle despite my Marshtomp being level 26 >< Still got no other team members yet but will be when I beat Watson and get to Fiery Path etc.

Katie_Q
February 27th, 2010, 09:15 PM
ugh nevermind, I can't do the challenge anymore. My stupid sapphire keeps deleting and files I make. And my old friend borrowed my Ruby, Emerald and leafgreen about a year ago. Knowing him he lost them or chucked them out, but we're not even friends anymore. I might end up doing it on my fire red, but I probably wont, and I'm starting to get sick of sinnoh.

Ninja Caterpie
February 27th, 2010, 10:00 PM
ugh nevermind, I can't do the challenge anymore. My stupid sapphire keeps deleting and files I make. And my old friend borrowed my Ruby, Emerald and leafgreen about a year ago. Knowing him he lost them or chucked them out, but we're not even friends anymore. I might end up doing it on my fire red, but I probably wont, and I'm starting to get sick of sinnoh.

Emulator. =D

BTW, Kingo, I'm done. Did'ya see my post? xD

Hallylicious
February 27th, 2010, 10:08 PM
BTW, Kingo, I'm done. Did'ya see my post? xD

I also finished not to long after Ninja Caterpie

Alpha_Spike
February 28th, 2010, 01:02 AM
New update(I know like third one today XP) :

Defeated May's Grovyle with my level 28 Mitul(Marshtomp). Caught Minun and Plusle but put them in my PC ready for later transfer to Platinum. Defeated Watson on my first go with a level 31 Mitul. Progressed to Fiery Path and caught a Numel and nicknamed it Incendio. Started training it with EXP. Share and continued to Fallarbor Town. Caught a Sandshrew and nicknamed it Oblica and started training it and Incendio. Defeated Team Magma at Mt Chimney and am now defeating the Fire gym.

Current Team:

Mitul/Marshtomp level 33

Oblica/Sandslash level 22

Incendio/Numel level 23

Egg(Wynaut)

The Doctor
February 28th, 2010, 03:50 AM
Ok im gonna take dis on.

The Opera Ghost ( Adam )
Grass
Emerald ( Ftw )
Update Later
-----------------------------------------------
Starting Adventure Now
---------------------------------------------
PARTS :

CHAPTER 1 (http://www.pokecommunity.com/showpost.php?p=5586086&postcount=209)
CHAPTER 2 (http://www.pokecommunity.com/showpost.php?p=5586086&postcount=209)
CHAPTER 3 (http://www.pokecommunity.com/showpost.php?p=5598514&postcount=258)
CHAPTER 4 (http://www.pokecommunity.com/showpost.php?p=5601630&postcount=265)

--------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 1 : Treecko, I Choose You!

Started A New Game
Fell Out Of Truck And Faceplanted The Ground
Set Clock, Withdrew Potion, Smacked Mother For Wasting Time Abotu Dad
ZOMGWTHWILDZIGZAGOONEHELPMEH! Chose Treecko And Saved Birches Ass.
Got Treecko As Gift, Nicknamed It PEACE.
Got Free Potion, Trampled The Footprint Guy's Areas.
Wondered Why Most Entrances Have One Tile And Most Exits Have Two Tiles?
Went Up Route 201, Raped Beat May
Get Pokedex, Pokeballs , Running Shoes
Beat All Trainers Route 202. PEACE Gained A Few Levels.
Went Into The Forest And Caught Meh A Shroomish, Named SUMMER.
Owned The Team Aqua Grunt
* Saved *

Chapter 1 : Part 2 : The Gruntiest Battle

Went To Rustboro Gym, Owned The Trainers And Beat Roxanne Easily.
* Saved *
Went up and found a shiny Whismur! Tryed to get its health down but Stupid SUMMER Got A Crit in, i considered releasing it
Battled The Grunt and Won Easily
, PEACE Evolved.
Caught Nincada For Slave
Got Pokenav, Listened To Guy Drone On, Tryed To Kick His Ass.
Walked Out Door And Gets Shove Onto Ground * faceplant * by a Proffesor who wanst to give me a Match Call App
Saved In Pokecenter
My Team :

http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:_Eg33ywE3x45jM:http://a3.twimg.com/profile_images/116535683/Grovyle_bigger.gif (http://a3.twimg.com/profile_images/116535683/Grovyle_bigger.gif)

PEACE/Grovyle(m) @ Nothing
Level 16
Moves : Pound, Rock Tomb, Absorb, Quick Attack

http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:Pc_boITsJkpFyM:http://img227.imageshack.us/img227/1803/shroomishpoxp9.jpg (http://img227.imageshack.us/img227/1803/shroomishpoxp9.jpg)

SUMMER/Shroomish(m) @ Nothing
Level 16
Moves : Mega Drain, Tackle, Leech Seed, Bullet Seed

http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:GTVqicB5HDau8M:http://www.pokemonfaceoff.com/users/6/thm450/290nincada.jpg (http://www.pokemonfaceoff.com/users/6/thm450/290nincada.jpg)

* HM Slave *
TEH SLAVE1/Nincada(f) @ Nothing
Level 6
Moves, Scratch, Harden, Leech Life, CUT

King!
February 28th, 2010, 12:10 PM
LOOK AT THIS POST!!!!!!!!

Attention! Since I have missed countless updates, I do not have the ability to go back through everything and write everything down. SO, if you have made at least ONE update in this thread since I made my post stating I left, please VM me what the front post should look like for you name. For example....

EX1: If you have joined the challenge since I lieft, you will put... Your Type: Your Username(Number of Badges) So.... Grass: Kingo!(0). The SAME EXAMPLE goes for if you got more badges.

EX2: If you made the Hall of Fame since I left, you must VM me putting... Champion:Type:Username(Order in which you beat the E4) So...... Champion: Grass: Kingo!(2) I would be 2 because Platinum Piano finished before me...

If you have any questions ASK THEM IN THIS THREAD.

Thank You!

myrrhman
March 1st, 2010, 02:06 AM
Chapter 1

It's always hard moving to a new place. But dad's job was in some place called Hoenn, so mom and I had to go. At first, I didn't want to go, but mom said that when we went I would be allowed to get my own Pokemon and go on my own journey! That made up for it. Allow me to introduce myself. My name is Brendan, but all my friends call me A. My dad is the new leader of the gym located in Petalburg City. Anyways, when we got to our house in Littleroot Town, mom made me go and meet the neighbors that lived next door. There was a girl in the house that was my age, and she was pretty, too. Her name was May. Her dad owned a big research laboratory right here in Littleroot. However, he liked doing field work, so he was commonly out of the lab. May helped him sometimes by filling pages in the pokedex for him. When I went to go find Professor Birch, he was getting attacked by a wild Pokemon! Oh no! I quickly grabbed a Pokeball and saved him. The Pokemon I chose was a Mudkip. It suited me, because water Pokemon were my favorite type! I did such a good job that Professor Birch gave me the Mudkip I used! I decided to name him Kipper. I immediately started training and befriending it. We weren't far into our training when we bumped into May. She was working on the Pokedex for her dad. We had a quick battle and I won! For winning, she gave me a spare Pokedex to help her fill in pages. We went back to the lab, and her dad sent us both away on our journeys. Not far away from the lab, I came across a wild Wingull. Kipper and I battled it, and ended up catching it! I now had 2 Pokemon in my party! I decided to call the Wingull by the name of Rain. Kipper, Rain, and I went to go find my dad and found a few trainers to battle along the way. When I got to town, dad told me to help this new trainer named Wally capture his first Pokemon. He caught a Ralts. We returned to the Gym and dad told me to go fight gym leaders to get stronger. He said that someday I would fight him, but not yet, I wasn't strong enough yet. He advised me to go through the woods to Rustboro City and challenge Roxanne, the leader there. In the woods, I came across a man who was looking for a Shroomish. While asking me if I had seen one, a thug from some place called "Team Aqua" tried to rob him. I protected him, and he gave me a great ball for it! He then ran off chasing after the thug, who was doing something in Rustboro City. Not a moment later, I found a Shroomish, and caught it with the man's Great Ball. I thought I would probably see him soon, but in the meantime, called the Shroomish by the name of Utility. I battled a few more trainers, and there I was, in my first gym town. I headed straight for the gym. While I was battling the warm up trainers, Kipper evolved into a Marshtomp! Roxanne was mine for sure. Sure enough, none of her rock type Pokemon stood a chance against my new Pokemon. After the battle, she liked Kipper so much that she taught him a move that slowed down the enemy Pokemon by trapping them in rocks. I decided to take a little rest while I was here. Overall, it was a very good day!

My team:
http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/5/51/Spr_3r_259.png
Kipper: the level 17 Marshtomp
Tackle
Rock Tomb
Mud Shot
Water Gun

http://pokefactory.pokemology.com/superdex/sprites/Wingull.gif
Rain: the level 10 Wingull
Growl
Water Gun
Supersonic

http://www.bmoviecomic.com/board/images/smiles/ShroomishNormalSprite.gif
Utility: the level 5 Shroomish
Absorb
Tackle

Zan
March 1st, 2010, 02:23 AM
WELCOME BACK KING!
i wanted to ask you a queston
clud i trade over an egg from ruby to emerald becose i wanna do electric, but i dont wanna pass 2 gyms befor i even get a electric pokemon, it wuld be a Minum egg if im allowed, thanks and have a nice time king?

The Doctor
March 1st, 2010, 08:15 AM
Chapter 2: This better be goods!

Raped Beat May AGAIN, Torchic smashed by Rock Tomb
Went to Dewford,
skipped Brawley
delivered letter to Steven, ( I Know Cave Easily )
Went to Slateport, Found Capt.Stern Then Some Godamn Punks Came In To Stir The Pot. I Raped Them.
delivered GOODS After An Eassseh Battle
, sailed back to Petalburg,
went to Rustboro got Exp.Share.

Chapter 2: Part 2: Brawling With Brawley

Went to Route 202 and spent ages looking for Seedot, finally caught one
named it CALIFORNIA. Gave CALIFORNIA ExpShare.
Went to Dewford Gym, beat all trainers and Brawley on second try, got lucky with a critical hit.
Went back to Slateport and fought beach trainers, CALIFORNIA evolved, ( going to level it before i give her a leaf stone )
Saved
My Team :

http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:_Eg33ywE3x45jM:http://a3.twimg.com/profile_images/116535683/Grovyle_bigger.gif (http://a3.twimg.com/profile_images/116535683/Grovyle_bigger.gif)

PEACE/Grovyle(m) @ Nothing
Level 18
Moves : Pound, Rock Tomb, Absorb, Quick Attack
No Changes, Just Levels

http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:Pc_boITsJkpFyM:http://img227.imageshack.us/img227/1803/shroomishpoxp9.jpg (http://img227.imageshack.us/img227/1803/shroomishpoxp9.jpg)

SUMMER/Shroomish(m) @ Nothing
Level 20
Moves : Mega Drain, Tackle, Leech Seed, Bullet Seed
No Changes, Trying To Evolve Him Quickly

http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:GSI-Y2pLzbSBvM:http://pokedream.com/pokerep/images/sugimori/274.jpg (http://pokedream.com/pokerep/images/sugimori/274.jpg)

CALIFORNIA*/Nuzleaf(f) @ Exp.Share
Level 15
Moves : Bide, Harden,Growth, Nature Power
Will Be Teaching It Good Moves Soon. Just Trying To Level It Just Now
* Name Barely Fit In - I Wanted A Random Yet Good Name So I Though - CALIFORNIA, I like it, COmpletely random, used All Possible letters.

http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:GTVqicB5HDau8M:http://www.pokemonfaceoff.com/users/6/thm450/290nincada.jpg (http://www.pokemonfaceoff.com/users/6/thm450/290nincada.jpg)

* HM Slave *
TEH SLAVE1/Nincada(f) @ Nothing
Level 6
Moves, Scratch, Harden, Leech Life, CUT
No Change, Will Ditch It Soon For Something More Useful

Alpha_Spike
March 1st, 2010, 01:42 PM
Update:

Chapter 5 and a half: Like father, Better son...And weather trouble will come.

-Caught myself a Baltoy and named it Argila. Also caught a Trapinch and named it Musca
-Trained Au(my renamed Numel) to level 30
-Got Mitul to level 35 and trained Argila using EXP share.
-Defeated every trainer in Dad's gym before trying to fight dad.
-On my 6th try got lucky and beat his pokemon. Mitul now level 36 and evolved to Swampert. Au now level 32, Musca now level 30 and Argila level 26.
-Got surf from Wally's dad and headed towards Fortree. Bumped into Steven along the way.
-Team magma was causing trouble at the weather institute so helped out and got a free Castform but put it in the PC.
-Got to Fortree but continued on to the Safari Zone and caught a Rhyhorn and named it Domnul. Currently attempting to get a Phanpy.

Current stats:
5badges, 5 pokemon.

Party:

Mitul/Swampert
Level 36
Surf, Rock smash, Mud shot, Mud slap

Argila/Baltoy
Level 27
Mud slap, Psybeam, Rock tomb, Ancient power

Musca/Trapinch
Level 30
Bite, Faint attack, Sand attack, Sand tomb

Au/Numel
Level 32
Take down, Tackle, Ember, Magnitude

Domnul/Rhyhorn
Level 29
Stomp, Fury attack, Strength, Rock blast

Weatherman, Kiyoshi
March 1st, 2010, 02:09 PM
Update!

Current Objective: CHASE TEAM MAGMA!
Current Location: Seafloor Cavern

Team:

"Degree" the Crobat ♂
@King's Rock
-Inner Focus-
Poison/Flying, Lv.37

-Bite
-Fly
-Wing Attack
-Confuse Ray

"Xerviva" the Gyarados ♀
@Mystic Water
-Intimidate-
Water/Flying, Lv.40

-Surf
-Secret Power
-Thunderbolt
-Dive

"Nohtaram" the Skarmory ♂
@Nothing
-Sturdy-
Steel/Flying, Lv.36

-Air Cutter
-Steel Wing
-Swift
-Agility

http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/c/c4/Spr_4p_334.png
"Nobilicray" the Altaria ♀
@Nothing
-Natural Cure-
Dragon/Flying, Lv.36

-Dragonbreath
-Take Down
-Attract
-Toxic

http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/6/63/Spr_4p_357.png
"Outquwarth" the Tropius ♂
@Quick Claw
-Chlorophyll-
Grass/Flying, Lv.33

-Strength
-Magical leaf
-Growth
-Sunny Day

http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/7/79/Spr_4h_178_f.png
"Notchoi" the Xatu ♀
@Focus Band
-Synchronize-
Psychic/Flying, Lv.34

-Facade
-Leer
-Night Shade
-Teleport

THE ROOTERS BACK ON THE HOMESTEAD!
Vertgaco the Spinda ♀
Rouliet the Spinda ♂
Menizar the Zangoose ♀
Pap Rautzi the Wynaut ♂
Castform the Castform ♀
Englosaa the Doduo ♂
Yobeitru the Gloom ♂
Doudosik the Oddish ♀
Urdishe the Oddish ♀
Muhctek the Pikachu ♂
Iabror the Girafarig ♀
Oiviender the Natu ♂
Maridiram the Phanpy ♂
Esuon the Grovyle ♂
Schoaei the Psyduck ♂
Ramelegant the Goldeen ♂
Flawed the Kecleon ♀
Luff the Vulpix ♀
Randall the Electrode X
Pocketfarr the Electrode X
Zungle the Spheal ♂
Hidei the Snorunt ♀
Phieshoto the Chinchou ♂

-----
ADDITIONAL NOTES:
Yeah, just beat Tate & Liza with a destructive combination of Outquwarth and Xerviva, just to target the other types of thier two Pokemon.
Notchoi is becoming quite the suprising Powerhouse, however, her health doesn't reflect her skills, or even her moves, for that matter. I need to grow her some more or find some good TMs or something.
Outquwarth is the prettiest male Tropius ever! I got him hyped up on Blue Pokemon with a bit of Sour, so he would happily it eat it. He has up to Master Rank ribbons, and the Super-Sketh Model ribbon. AWESOME! Nohtaram also has three cool conest ribbons, but he can't survive Master Contests. :/
.....And if you're wondering, Yes, I did go a bit overboard on the additional Pokemon catching. Safari Zone games, and just the want of rare-ish Pokemon in general.

Oh, and;

QUESTIONS:

Even though this is a Monotype challenge, can you only enter Your type Pokemon into contests?

Not that I would, just wondering.

Liacri
March 1st, 2010, 02:32 PM
@PlatniumPiano;; Thanks for the tips. ^^ So far Aron/Lairon has been the best, and I don't see him being passed up any time soon.
@Teh Blazer;; Is it just me, or did you have three chapter sixes? o.0

Basically, I wrote down my updates and didn't bother posting them, since I was waiting to be added to the list in the first post. I don't feel like posting them separately, so here they all are. I definitely started out referring to everything in a more Arthurian way... and then got too lazy to continue with it. xD

Part the First :: In Which Our Heroine Begins Her Epic Journey
This the the tale of a girl named Morgan Le Fay. In this episode, she...
...moved to Littleroot Town from regions unknown.
...obtained two Potions from a box in her room and later, a random man in Oldale Town.
...discovered a man under attack by a Foul Beast.
...defeated the Foul Beast with the help of a small blue creature called Ector.
...defeated "Brendan," whose name is clearly an alias for "Merlin."
...captured a small beast, which she named "Nacho" for lack of inspiration.
...defeated a Magma Grunt in the Petalburg Woods.
...taught Nacho how to Cut.
...obtained the Stone Badge.
...returned a mysterious parcel to its rightful owner, only to be told to take it elsewhere.
...obtained a PokéNav for her valiant efforts.
...sailed to Dewford Town in exchange for rescuing a small bird.
...delivered a secret message to a mysterious man calling himself "Steven."
...saw Ector evolve into Marshtomp somewhere along the line there. *forgot to write it down* xD

::Current Team::
http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/8/89/Spr_4d_259.png (http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/8/89/Spr_4d_259.png)
Ector/Mashtomp lv 21
Tackle
Mud Shot
Mud-Slap
Water Gun

::HM Slave::
http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/e/ea/263.png
Nacho/Zigzagoon lv 5
Tackle
Growl
Tail Whip
Cut

Part the Second :: In Which The Real Challenge Begins
In this episode, Morgan...
...found two Mawiles and couldn't capture either because of critical hits. >.<
...managed to catch the third Mawile, which was then named Percival (at this point, I don't care if Sir Percival is female).
...retired Ector from the party.
...obtained two Rare Candies and an Ultra Ball, among other things, from Nacho's pickup ability.
...captured a female Aron, but didn't name it yet, since she thought she could get a male one for technicality's sake.
...captured a male Aron (the first in an obscenely long line of females) and named it Arthur.
...released the female Aron (on a side note, this is the first Pokémon I've ever released).
...trained Arthur and Percival for some time.
...fought Brawly over and over again with little success.
...obtained the Knuckle Badge.
...sailed to Slateport and defeated Team Magma there.
...finally delivered the Devon Goods to their real owner without looking inside once.
...completed the Trick House.
...defeated Brendan(Merlin) on Route 110.
...obtained a Bike in Mauville City.
...discovered that paralysis doesn't seem to affect Arthur very much.
...trained Arthur and Percival even more.
...traveled to Verdanturf Town and got a Contest Pass for no real reason.
...obtained the Dynamo Badge.
...taught Nacho how to Smash Rocks.
...opened Rusturf Tunnel and obtained HM04 Strength.

http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/a/aa/Spr_4d_304.png (http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/a/aa/Spr_4d_304.png)
Arthur/Aron lv 26
Metal Claw
Iron Defense
Mud-Slap
Headbutt
http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/c/cb/Spr_4d_303.png (http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/c/cb/Spr_4d_303.png)
Percival/Mawile lv 26
Faint Attack
Fake Tears
Bite
Vicegrip

http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/f/fb/Spr_4d_263.png (http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/f/fb/Spr_4d_263.png)
Nacho/Zigzagoon lv 6
Tackle
Growl
Rock Smash
Cut

Part the Third :: In Which The Round Table Is Filled
In this epsiode, Morgan...
...defeated the Winstrate family.
...attempted and failed many times to catch a Skarmory.
...trained on Route 113 and eventually obtained all five flutes.
...saw Arthur evolve into Lairon.
...defeated Maxie and Team Magma at Mt. Chimney.
...obtained the Heat Badge.
...was given the Go-Goggles by Brendan/Merlin.
...completed the Trick House twice (during which I accidentally hit the power switch instead of the volume... whoops).
...wondered why DoubleSlap hit three times.
...obtained the Balance Badge.
...taught Nacho how to Surf.
...captured a Magnemite and named it Lancelot.
...captured a Wailmer HM Slave and named it Squire.
...taught Squire how to Surf and use Strength.
...spent more time than should be ever allowed trying to catch a Skarmory.
...FINALLY captured a Skarmory (which means half of the Knights of the Round Table are female) and named it Galahad.
...saw Lancelot evolve into Magneton.
...after much struggle, captured a Tropius HM Slave and named it Page.
...retired Nacho from the party.
...taught Page how to Cut, Flash, and Smash Rocks.

http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/6/64/305.png (http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/6/64/305.png)
Arthur/Lairon lv 36
Metal Claw
Iron Defense
Mud-Slap
Iron Tail
http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/6/63/082.png (http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/6/63/082.png)
Lancelot/Magneton lv 30
Spark
Supersonic
SonicBoom
Thunder Wave
http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/5/54/Spr_4d_227.png (http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/5/54/Spr_4d_227.png)
Galahad/Sarmory lv 23
Peck
Sand-Attack
Swift
Agility
http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/c/cb/Spr_4d_303.png (http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/c/cb/Spr_4d_303.png)
Percival/Mawile lv 36
Faint Attack
Fake Tears
Crunch
Vicegrip

::HM Slaves::
http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/4/42/320.png (http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/4/42/320.png)
Squire/Wailmer lv 17
Strength
Surf
Water Gun
Rollout

http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/6/63/Spr_4p_357.png (http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/6/63/Spr_4p_357.png)
Page/Tropius lv 26
Growth
Cut
Rock Smash
Flash

King!
March 1st, 2010, 03:06 PM
myrrhman~ I read about the first three lines of that wall-o-text, and then my eyes hurt, IT's fine for now, and I uinderstand you got your first badge, but next time, please space it out a bit more. Thanks! ^_^

Zan~ Thank you, and yush, I did. :) herm.....as to your question, I can understand your problem, but at the same time, it wouldn't be very fair to everyone else. SO, I will let everyone else vote. The first three people to say yes, or the first three people to say no, specified in their post with bold and underlined responses, will decide your fate. Thank you, and have a nice day. *cheesy grocery clerk smile*

Alpha_Spike~ Thanks! Nice update!

Kiyoshi~ I would say, See Above!, but that would make me come across as lazy. Because making all of you post your updates on my profile doesn't do that already. As for your question, I suppose it wouldn't hurt, but it'd ruin the spirit of things. BUT, if you did you would only be able to train on wild Pokemon, because beating trainers with anything of your type is cheating.

Liacri~ Very, very, very unique updates and I like them. But, could you meebee explain your gym battles more? :D

Alpha_Spike
March 1st, 2010, 03:14 PM
I say YES to Zan being allowed to get an egg. This makes it more fair as he will be able to have his pokemon around the same time as others.

Well I caught Phanpy and named it Liderul. Just did the Mt Pyre team magma thing and am heading to Fortree to fight the gym. Will do a proper update soon.

King!
March 1st, 2010, 03:26 PM
Okay, 1 YES 0 NO. Keep voting, all of you.

Zan
March 1st, 2010, 03:30 PM
lol thanks Alpha
and just so you all know its only gonna be a Minum egg
so do please vote all

bcpwd1
March 1st, 2010, 03:40 PM
Ill like to sign in here you go
Username:Bcpwd1
Type:Normal
Version:Ruby
do i update every gym
Ill start later today or next day

PlatniumPiano
March 1st, 2010, 04:06 PM
I say YES SURE WHY NOT.
And ZOMG Liarci your team looks like it will be the exact same as mine lol. Same Hm slaves, same everything

Zan
March 1st, 2010, 04:10 PM
Thanks platniumPiano
so now its 2 yes and 0 no
just 1 more yes or 3 more nos
Please vote

Teh Blazer
March 1st, 2010, 04:18 PM
@PlatniumPiano;; Thanks for the tips. ^^ So far Aron/Lairon has been the best, and I don't see him being passed up any time soon.
@Teh Blazer;; Is it just me, or did you have three chapter sixes? o.0

Basically, I wrote down my updates and didn't bother posting them, since I was waiting to be added to the list in the first post. I don't feel like posting them separately, so here they all are. I definitely started out referring to everything in a more Arthurian way... and then got too lazy to continue with it. xD

Part the First :: In Which Our Heroine Begins Her Epic Journey
This the the tale of a girl named Morgan Le Fay. In this episode, she...
...moved to Littleroot Town from regions unknown.
...obtained two Potions from a box in her room and later, a random man in Oldale Town.
...discovered a man under attack by a Foul Beast.
...defeated the Foul Beast with the help of a small blue creature called Ector.
...defeated "Brendan," whose name is clearly an alias for "Merlin."
...captured a small beast, which she named "Nacho" for lack of inspiration.
...defeated a Magma Grunt in the Petalburg Woods.
...taught Nacho how to Cut.
...obtained the Stone Badge.
...returned a mysterious parcel to its rightful owner, only to be told to take it elsewhere.
...obtained a PokéNav for her valiant efforts.
...sailed to Dewford Town in exchange for rescuing a small bird.
...delivered a secret message to a mysterious man calling himself "Steven."
...saw Ector evolve into Marshtomp somewhere along the line there. *forgot to write it down* xD

http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/8/89/Spr_4d_259.png (http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/8/89/Spr_4d_259.png)
Ector/Mashtomp lv 21
Tackle
Mud Shot
Mud-Slap
Water Gun

http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/e/ea/263.png
Nacho/Zigzagoon lv 5
Tackle
Growl
Tail Whip
Cut

Part the Second :: In Which The Real Challenge Begins
In this episode, Morgan...
...found two Mawiles and couldn't capture either because of critical hits. >.<
...managed to catch the third Mawile, which was then named Percival (at this point, I don't care if Sir Percival is female).
...retired Ector from the party.
...obtained two Rare Candies and an Ultra Ball, among other things, from Nacho's pickup ability.
...captured a female Aron, but didn't name it yet, since she thought she could get a male one for technicality's sake.
...captured a male Aron (the first in an obscenely long line of females) and named it Arthur.
...released the female Aron (on a side note, this is the first Pokémon I've ever released).
...trained Arthur and Percival for some time.
...fought Brawly over and over again with little success.
...obtained the Knuckle Badge.
...sailed to Slateport and defeated Team Magma there.
...finally delivered the Devon Goods to their real owner without looking inside once.
...completed the Trick House.
...defeated Brendan(Merlin) on Route 110.
...obtained a Bike in Mauville City.
...discovered that paralysis doesn't seem to affect Arthur very much.
...trained Arthur and Percival even more.
...traveled to Verdanturf Town and got a Contest Pass for no real reason.
...obtained the Dynamo Badge.
...taught Nacho how to Smash Rocks.
...opened Rusturf Tunnel and obtained HM04 Strength.

http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/a/aa/Spr_4d_304.png (http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/a/aa/Spr_4d_304.png)
Arthur/Aron lv 26
Metal Claw
Iron Defense
Mud-Slap
Headbutt
Percival/Mawile lv 26
Faint Attack
Fake Tears
Bite
Vicegrip

http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/f/fb/Spr_4d_263.png (http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/f/fb/Spr_4d_263.png)
Nacho/Zigzagoon lv 6
Tackle
Growl
Rock Smash
Cut

Part the Third :: In Which The Round Table Is Filled
In this epsiode, Morgan...
...defeated the Winstrate family.
...attempted and failed many times to catch a Skarmory.
...trained on Route 113 and eventually obtained all five flutes.
...saw Arthur evolve into Lairon.
...defeated Maxie and Team Magma at Mt. Chimney.
...obtained the Heat Badge.
...was given the Go-Goggles by Brendan/Merlin.
...completed the Trick House twice (during which I accidentally hit the power switch instead of the volume... whoops).
...wondered why DoubleSlap hit three times.
...obtained the Balance Badge.
...taught Nacho how to Surf.
...captured a Magnemite and named it Lancelot.
...captured a Wailmer HM Slave and named it Squire.
...taught Squire how to Surf and use Strength.
...spent more time than should be ever allowed trying to catch a Skarmory.
...FINALLY captured a Skarmory (which means half of the Knights of the Round Table are female) and named it Galahad.
...saw Lancelot evolve into Magneton.
...after much struggle, captured a Tropius HM Slave and named it Page.
...retired Nacho from the party.
...taught Page how to Cut, Flash, and Smash Rocks.

http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/6/64/305.png (http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/6/64/305.png)
Arthur/Lairon lv 36
Metal Claw
Iron Defense
Mud-Slap
Iron Tail
http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/6/63/082.png (http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/6/63/082.png)
Lancelot/Magneton lv 30
Spark
Supersonic
SonicBoom
Thunder Wave
http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/5/54/Spr_4d_227.png (http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/5/54/Spr_4d_227.png)
Galahad/Sarmory lv 23
Peck
Sand-Attack
Swift
Agility
Percival/Mawile lv 36
Faint Attack
Fake Tears
Crunch
Vicegrip

::HM Slaves::
http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/4/42/320.png (http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/4/42/320.png)
Squire/Wailmer lv 17
Strength
Surf
Water Gun
Rollout

http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/6/63/Spr_4p_357.png (http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/6/63/Spr_4p_357.png)
Page/Tropius lv 26
Growth
Cut
Rock Smash
Flash

Jumping Watermelons! I never noticed! Better change it now... (Don't want to look like a fool)

P.S. Thanks!

Weatherman, Kiyoshi
March 1st, 2010, 04:24 PM
myrrhman~ I read about the first three lines of that wall-o-text, and then my eyes hurt, IT's fine for now, and I uinderstand you got your first badge, but next time, please space it out a bit more. Thanks! ^_^

Zan~ Thank you, and yush, I did. :) herm.....as to your question, I can understand your problem, but at the same time, it wouldn't be very fair to everyone else. SO, I will let everyone else vote. The first three people to say yes, or the first three people to say no, specified in their post with bold and underlined responses, will decide your fate. Thank you, and have a nice day. *cheesy grocery clerk smile*

Alpha_Spike~ Thanks! Nice update!

Kiyoshi~ I would say, See Above!, but that would make me come across as lazy. Because making all of you post your updates on my profile doesn't do that already. As for your question, I suppose it wouldn't hurt, but it'd ruin the spirit of things. BUT, if you did you would only be able to train on wild Pokemon, because beating trainers with anything of your type is cheating.

Liacri~ Very, very, very unique updates and I like them. But, could you meebee explain your gym battles more? :D

*dies*

hm?
I not quite sure what you're talking about,
I already have sent you my notifaction that I'm alive D:

Unless you mean something else completely unrelated.

Thanks platniumPiano
so now its 2 yes and 0 no
just 1 more yes or 3 more nos
Please vote

3 YES
0 NO

I don't see why not, it will actually allow you to get on with your challenge without having 2/8ths of your badges already. :3

-----

*cough*
I sorta felt like a newbie writing this, I don't know why~

Liacri
March 1st, 2010, 06:32 PM
@Teh Blazer;; No problem. Glad I could help. ^^

@PlatniumPiano;; That doesn't surprise me too much, since there are so few steel pokemon. I saw everyone saying that Tropius was a good HM slave, so I figured I'd get one, and Wailmer is my favorite water HM slave in Ruby/Sapphire.

@King!;; Thanks. :D I'll be sure to do that in the future. I can remember how the battle with Wattson's Magneton went:
Foe Magneton used Spark Wave!
Foe Magneton used Spark Wave!
Foe Magneton used Spark Wave!...
That Magneton annoyed me like no tomorrow. >.<

In other news, I was putting off my homework had some spare time (xD), so I tried my hand at making a userbar, just for kicks. I've never made one before, so let me know if it needs fixing. It's just a general one, but I could make one for each type. Let me know what you think.

http://i47.tinypic.com/2im6vkz.jpg

King!
March 1st, 2010, 06:46 PM
Kiyoshi~ All that meant was I am lazy. More or less. ^_^'

xD So that's four yeses....I guess you can!

Liacri~ WHAT WAS YOUR OLD USERNAME!? And lol, cool, I'll add it when I update the OP next.

Alpha_Spike
March 1st, 2010, 07:15 PM
Update:
Chapter 6: Time to fly...Pyre or Higher?

So I got Phanpy and did some training. Named Phanpy Liderul and got it to level 30 to evolve it. Returned to Fortree to fight the gym after learning that Rhyhorn can learn shock wave. Heres how the events underwent:

Took two tries to defeat Winona first time she kicked my butt with ease thanks to her Pelliper and Altaria. But upon my second try I managed to just beat her with a crafty mixing up of the order of my pokes. Gotta love my guys working so hard just to beat her I almost teared up at how strong they are(lol not really but still). Now I'm working on getting my Trapinch to evolve so I can use fly.

I still got to go to slateport and continue chasing down Magma but that can wait until I get fly first. So its off to Mt Pyre for some serious training.

myrrhman
March 1st, 2010, 10:51 PM
Sorry King, sometimes I get a bit into it.

Chapter 2:

Short version:

defeated Aqua thug and saved Peeko
Went to Dewford
Got Flash
Delivered Package
Trained in the cave thing
Beat Brawly with Rain
Went to Slateport
Beat everyone in beach house
Saw Dock
Gave Stern the Devon Goods
Beat May
Beat Wally
Beat Watson

Long version for people who want to read it

As I left the gym, the man from before ran past me chasing that thug still. I started chasing after him, yelling "Hey, I found you a Shroomish! I caught it with your Great Ball!!!" When I caught up to him, he made me go fight the thug again. Apparently, he stole some part that was really valuable. So I gave chase. I battled a few trainers along the way, and saw this muscular guy who was pissed off, complaining about people running by him. At a cave entrance, I saw this old man, who was in tears. The thug that stole the part also took his Wingull! As a fellow Wingull trainer, I made it my duty to help him out. I cornered the thug in a cave, and beat down his Pokemon. Afterwards, the old man, who was called Mr. Briney, was reunited with his darling Wingull. It was so cute. I left the two alone, and with the part in hand, I headed back to town. The guy saw me, and I gave his part back. I tried to explain to him that I caught a wild Shroomish for him, but he felt bad, saying that he already caught one. He gave me another Great Ball for all the nice things I had done for him. He also led me to meet his boss, who gave me a letter to deliver to some Steven guy, and trusted me with the valuable part, which was to be delivered to a Captain Stern. However, their locations were across the sea! I went wandering around outside, and I eventually came across a cottage. It had a big boat tied up at a dock! This was just what I needed, now if only I could get the owner to ferry me around. When I went inside, I ran across none other than Mr. Briney! Apparently this was his cottage, and his boat! He gladly ferried me across the sea to Dewford Town. I immediately set out looking for this Steven guy. He was nowhere to be found in the town, although someone did say that they saw him nearby. So I went searching, and came across a cave. Inside the cave, there he was, just standing there. I handed him the letter, and for a reward, he taught Rain how to use a new move. He called it "Steel Wing". With this new move learned, I went back to Dewford, and into the local gym. It was really dark, and I kept getting challenged from the shadows by people. Somehow, after what seemed like an hour, I found Brawly. He was really tough, but Rain was tougher. After the battle was over, he gave me the town badge, and I left for Slateport City with Mr. Briney and Peeko. On the beach, I challenged a lot of trainers to fights, and went inside this shack for a tournament. I won, of course, and got a bunch of soft drinks. Afterwards, I headed into the city. I was immediately suspicious. There were a bunch more of those people dressed like the thug from before. They were all lined up in front of a museum. I went to the next door ship yard, and asked around for a Captain Stern. The only person that was there was this guy called Dock. He was trying to build something, but he wasn't very smart, and I had to help him build it. Afterwards, he informed me that Captain Stern was in the museum. So I went next door. The ladies at the front made me pay money for admission, even though I tried to convince them that I was making a delivery. Inside, the place was packed with those guys, all wearing the same blue hat and striped shirt. Verrry suspicious. I went upstairs to try to get away from them, and saw just the person I was looking for. No sooner had I handed over the part when two of the thugs burst through the door and tried to take the part. I challenged them to a battle for it, much to the Captain's displeasure. He thought I would lose, but I'm a lot tougher than I look, and took them down with ease. While I was battling the second one, their boss came upstairs. His name was Archie, and he tried to convince me that he was doing a favor. Their organization was called Team Aqua, and they were devoted to expanding the sea and making more habitats for water Pokemon. He looked like he was way out of my league, but thankfully, he didn't battle me, he just gathered his thugs and left. I headed north, for there was another gym there. On the way I found May again, she was looking for some Pokemon. We decided to battle. Man, had she gotten tough. She already had a Grass Pokemon, a Water one, and a Fire one! It was an intense battle. She sent out her Wailmer first, which fell to Utility. Then she countered with Numel. I sent out Kipper, and Numel was gone instantly. Then she sent out her star Pokemon, Grovyle. It was a lot quicker than Kipper, and hit a lot harder. I was down to Rain, my last Pokemon. I confused it with a loud supersonic blast, and was barely able to dodge its attack and hit it for critical damage. After the battle, I was in Mauville City. I immediately headed for the gym. There were a couple of people out front. Turns out, it was Wally, the guy who I helped catch his first Pokemon, and he had his uncle with him. Wally wanted to challenge the gym, but his uncle thought he was too weak. So, Wally battled me instead. I had to go easy on the guy, he only had one Pokemon with him, and that was his Ralts. For his only Pokemon, it wasn't very strong, and I killed it with Utility easily. I then headed into the gym. It was an electric based gym, and Kipper went wild. I didn't stop til I got to Watson, who turned out to be some old man. He was really strong, but Kipper took out his entire team without breaking a sweat. He thought Kipper was my only Pokemon, and he didn't want to get beaten by a trainer who only cares about one Pokemon, so when I showed him Rain, he felt so good to be beaten by someone with a whole team of strong Pokemon that he taught Rain a move called "Shock Wave" which supposedly never missed its target. After this battle, I was feeling pretty sleepy, so I called it a night and headed to the Pokecenter to find a bed.

3 Badges
Current team:

http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/7/73/Spr_3e_259.gif
Kipper, the level 23 Marshtomp
Tackle
Rock Tomb
Mud Shot
Water Gun

http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/0/0a/278.png
Rain, the level 19 Wingull
Shock Wave
Steel Wing
Water Gun
Wing Attack

http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/8/83/AG009_Shroomish.png
Utility, the level 16 Shroomish
Mega Drain
Leech Seed
Tackle
Stun Spore

Alpha_Spike
March 1st, 2010, 11:13 PM
Uh don't want to sound bad or anything but myrrhman you used that grass poke in a fight? isn't that against rules if your doing a water challenge?

Ninja Caterpie
March 2nd, 2010, 12:12 AM
...Wailmer first, which fell to Utility...

...Utility, the level 16 Shroomish...

...:O YOU HAXOR

Y U USE GRASS TYP!

myrrhman
March 2nd, 2010, 01:36 AM
I'm using my shroomish until he can evolve into a breloom. I need someone that can learn cut, flash, rock smash, etc. I was under the impression that we were allowed to use our HM slaves if we needed to evolve them to use the HM's

Alpha_Spike
March 2nd, 2010, 01:49 AM
Rules
1) Dual-Types are allowed.
2) You have beat your challenge when you defeat the Ellite Four and the Champion.
3) You are allowed to do a type, even if someone else is.
4) It isn't a race, so no need to rush!
5) No trading please, unless it is for evolution purposes.
6) Obviously, no cheating or hacking.
7) You may use emulators.
8) Only use Pokemon under your type!
9) At least one Pokemon, with the exception of Electric types, must be caught before you leave Dewford.
10) Please update frequently, and when you do, try to include what you've done, your team so far, and try to make it interesting. :)
11) Have fun!

Sadly I don't think it is unless an updated version was made within the thread and not added to the list

myrrhman
March 2nd, 2010, 07:05 AM
wow. my mistake. H/o a minute while I restart and get back to where I was.

King!
March 2nd, 2010, 11:54 AM
myrrhman~ WAIT! Don't restart, if you haven't. IT is understandable that you were confused about the rules, so you may keep going if you haven't restarted already. This is your free pass, and no, no fighting with Shroomish. You can, however, use the EXP Share. ;)

The Doctor
March 2nd, 2010, 01:03 PM
I aint pulling out guys but the only time i can only really update it during the weekends cause i have lots of schoolwork and revision to do, my exams for my year will be soon :0

Zan
March 2nd, 2010, 03:47 PM
THANKS ALL ^_^
I had to change to Sapphire becose Emerald wuldent let me trade the egg T_T (hope thats still ok)

anyway with that all done heres my update:

Hello every one and welcome to Pika-News!
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_lWET_BXRU9c/SZ4xaI4qU5I/AAAAAAAADPk/hRAFL173wyk/s400/pikachu1.jpg
With this post i started my Electric challenge
I started by doing all the begining stuff (AGAN!)
Named myself Zap
Chose Treecko and got a zigzagoon
Traded zigzagoon for my minun egg
and as soon as it hached i put Treecko in my pc

Whent to petalburg city and vsed trainers
I talked to my Dad and all that other stuff and vsed more trainers

saved and posted here

Stats now are
Minun
Lv 8
http://www.upokecenter.com/pictures/fireleaf/fire354.gif
Quick Attack
Helping Hand
Growl
Thunder Wave

Till next time Pika-out!

Liacri
March 2nd, 2010, 04:52 PM
@King!;; I've never changed my username. Do I remind you of someone?

Alpha_Spike
March 2nd, 2010, 05:39 PM
Well time for an update XD

Chapter 7, 8 & 9: Final charge to the pokemon league:

-Defeated Team Magma at their base
-Went to Mossgrove(sp?) island and defeated the gym using one pokemon: Mitul
-Went to the underwater cavern and defeated Team Magma
-Caught groudon at the cave of origin using an Ultra ball
-Barely defeated Wallace using Mitul
-Traveled to the pokemon league and am now training to defeat them

myrrhman
March 2nd, 2010, 08:28 PM
Thanks for being understanding, King, but I don't want to have an unfair advantage over anybody. I restarted anyways. My steps will be the exact same, but next update will have different levels. Sorry everybody!

Alpha_Spike
March 2nd, 2010, 08:45 PM
I hate Drake...I get up to his Salamence then start losing from impossible OHKO's ><

I'm just curious cause I can't see it in the rules. Since I'm doing a ground type challenge is it ok to use Groudon since its a ground? O.o I'm stuck on the E4 and am curious cause that would help big time

Weatherman, Kiyoshi
March 3rd, 2010, 03:16 AM
Hey guys, no big update or anything, and since It's the morning and such and I have to go to school soon, I'll just post what's happend.

After stopping the most anti-climatic Apocalypse ever,
I defeated Wallace, and also has a new Groudon named Apaco :3
Off to Pacifilog Town next, and some serious training before the Pokemon League Challenge in Ever Grande.

Oh do ho ho~
Finally, I'll actually have some good data in Ruby.

myrrhman
March 3rd, 2010, 03:30 AM
Well, I started my game over. And did everything story wise. I'm on the elite four right now. I'm doing my version of training where you buy a whole bunch of revives and full restores and such, and just run your pokemon through the first trainer or so before they all faint. Slowly but surely I'm building some exp.

My team:

http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/2/24/Spr_3e_260.gif
Kipper the level 52 Swampert @Mystic Water
Brick Break
Earthquake
Surf
Rock Tomb

http://pokemon.marriland.com/images/platinum/sprites/front/norm/279_pelipper_1_m.png
Rain the level 43 Pelliper @ Sea Insence
Steel Wing
Fly
Surf
Shock Wave

http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/d/d2/121.png
Current the level 42 Starmie @ Exp. Share
Surf
Psychic
Ice Beam
Thunderbolt

http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/7/73/Spr_4d_319.png
Rapids the level 32 Sharpedo
Crunch
Waterfall
Surf
Dive

Alpha_Spike
March 3rd, 2010, 04:22 AM
WHOOO! Just kicked Stevens butt. Barely managed to though since Drake made me waste all my healing potions and stuff. Was down to my Mitul and used Earthquake on his Metagross and just managed to OHKO it. Only had like 14 HP left >< Anyway this is the final update from me. I beat the E4 with Ground and now I'm heading off to plan my Platinum challenge...

Mana
March 3rd, 2010, 06:29 AM
I'm gonna give this a go >< I'm gonna try and document it as well as possible.

Name: SwiftSign
Type: Normal
Game: Sapphire

Will update later :O

-------------------------------------------------------

~Chose Treeko.
~Treeko beats May and goes to Lv 6 (Learning Absorb)
~Caught Zigzagoon Lv 3. Despositing Treeko until I have a Skitty to assist-***** him ;)
~Zigzagoon faints during training: White out number 1.
~Arrive at Petalburg City with ZZG at Lv 10.
~Found Taillow - Critical hit, damn! Caught the second one, lv 5.
~Beat Aqua Grunt in the forest with Tailow.
~Beaten all trainers before Rustboro City.
~Caught Whismur at Lv 7
~Caught Skitty at Lv 7

Team:
http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/pkrs012.gif
Zigzagoon Lv 14
Mild - Pickup
Tackle
Sand Attack
Tail Whip
Headbutt

Stats at lv 10
HP/ATK/DEF/S.ATK/S.DEF/SPD
28/11/12/12/15/19

http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/pkrs025.gif
Tailow Lv 15
Adamant -Guts
Wing Attack
Growl
Focus Energy
Quick Attack

Stats at lv 10
29/19/13/11/11/22

http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/pkrs045.gif
Whismur Lv 13
Timid - Soundproof
Pound
Uproar
Astonish

Stats at lv 10
34/16/12/17/11/14

http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/pkrs061.gif
Skitty Lv 8
Hardy - Cute Charm
Growl
Tackle
Tail Whip
Attract

Stats at lv 10
32/14/151/14/13/16

Pickup items:
Full Heal x4
Nugget x2
Super Potion x1
Ultra Ball x1
Full Restore x1

Boxed:
http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/pkrs001.gif

Timestamp: 2 hour 39 minutes.

myrrhman
March 3rd, 2010, 09:47 AM
Umm, did anyone get closer than this? (This was my last Pokemon)
http://i1029.photobucket.com/albums/y357/mexierreman/done.png

Final Team:

Kipper: Lv. 57
Current: Lv. 54
Rain: Lv. 43
Rapids: Lv. 33

All have the same attacks

King!
March 3rd, 2010, 12:11 PM
Liacri: Oh, I thoughty I'd....nvm. xP
Alpha Spike: No legendaries, but I see you've finished already...

Alpha_Spike
March 3rd, 2010, 12:30 PM
Lol yea I was in the middle of a battle against Drake when I asked. Managed to barely beat him and was left with no potions but plenty of revives so revived everyone and moved on and took on Steven lol

~Hot n' Cold~
March 3rd, 2010, 02:43 PM
I'll take psychic.
Do you guys know how much I hate this 25 character rule?

Zan
March 3rd, 2010, 03:53 PM
Hello every one and welcome to Pika-News!
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_t3RDd4xvt5Q/SpbuPwFdBqI/AAAAAAAAE_I/tycl5Ot67W0/s320/pikachu.jpg
ok so from yestorday i whent from Petalburg city to rustboro city (vsing every1 i culd)
desided to train my minun a bit befor vsing the gym
Saved and posted here

Stats now are
Minun
Lv 18
http://www.upokecenter.com/pictures/fireleaf/fire354.gif
Quick Attack
Helping Hand
Growl
Thunder Wave

Till next time Pika-out!