PDA

View Full Version : Yet another Facebook redesign

TheAppleFreak
February 8th, 2010, 01:01 PM
Yep, the guys at Facebook have done it again. They've redesigned the layout of everything, making muscle memory worth naught. I'm getting really annoyed at these redesigns, and I hope they'll stop.

Discuss.

Thoughts
February 8th, 2010, 01:41 PM
The first thing i did was do a double take. I was going wtf in my mind.

Now my instincts that press home on the top right is not working D=

Jordan
February 8th, 2010, 01:45 PM
I couldn't really care less if the same features are present. It only takes me a few seconds to figure out what's been moved; I just have to change accordingly, no need to shun such a great, free service.

Arago
February 8th, 2010, 02:01 PM
I made a status update on it 38 minutes ago. I never log on Facebook, so this probably happened weeks ago and I just now learned about it. My update reads: "Maybe I'm just mentally challenged, but this Facebook homepage is awefully confusing and very unappealing. :("

Ayano Katagiri
February 8th, 2010, 02:13 PM
Mine hasn't changed yet, though I've seen the designs and to be perfectly honest, I don't see what's really different. I still hate the newsfeed though.

BHwolfgang
February 8th, 2010, 02:37 PM
What's really bothers me isn't the overall design, just the news feed.

I really liked the way they had it back in September. :-| Oh well, I'll get over it. Next month, they'll probably have another layout for us. Besides, Myspace isn't my cup of tea and other social networking sites are either too annoying or too confusing, so why pass off Facebook because of its unpredicatable layouts?

TheAppleFreak
February 8th, 2010, 02:39 PM
I made a status update on it 38 minutes ago. I never log on Facebook, so this probably happened weeks ago and I just now learned about it. My update reads: "Maybe I'm just mentally challenged, but this Facebook homepage is awefully confusing and very unappealing. :("

It happened earlier today.
I expect an entire internet backlash about this. Even the old Facebook design, with the friends lists that load in a Javascript window rather than a new page, was better than this.

Ausaudriel
February 8th, 2010, 02:41 PM
I don't see any difference... >_>;

Samme!
February 8th, 2010, 02:58 PM
Well it hasn't changed for everybody yet, as for some of my friends it changed a few days ago but only for me this afternoon. I think it may have to do with location or time zone and what not. But anyways, all I can say is that it really isn't making things simpler if that's what the Facebook team is aiming for. I can't seem to find anything, and the Live Feed isn't even updating.. =3="

poopnoodle
February 9th, 2010, 10:11 AM
Does it have any new functions...? All I see is this new border around the feed and profile, it's stressing me out =3=

Cherrim
February 9th, 2010, 10:21 AM
I... think mine changed yesterday. I had to sign in to see something and it looked different, but not "OH GOD OH GOD THE WORLD IS ENDING" different like some people I know are going on about. I think it looks nice.

Though whether it makes things easy to find on the site or not, I have no idea, because Facebook's interface has always confused the hell out of me for some reason.

Netto Azure
February 9th, 2010, 10:22 AM
I was one of the first one's infected changed.

The old one was better as it's non intrusive. D:

parallelzero
February 9th, 2010, 10:25 AM
I actually like the redesign this time. It's a lot more organized, especially as far as notifications are concerned. I used to log in and have like 20+, but when I clicked the bar in the bottom the list got cut off. I'm not having that problem anymore, at least. n.n

Plus it looks a lot nicer overall.

Gary, the Magic Fairy
February 9th, 2010, 10:33 AM
I don't notice much of a difference. If anything it looks better than I remember.

Fernando
February 9th, 2010, 11:09 AM
The design change doesn't bother me at all,it's more nice and better sorted out. : )

Elite Overlord LeSabre™
February 9th, 2010, 11:23 AM
Well, I just had to reply to a private message on Facebook, and guess what? You now have to do that stupid "read this word and enter it into the box" bull-crap. Worse, they're using that one system with the really blurred text. Guess I won't be using their messaging system again.

Otherwise, the redesign is okay, I guess.

Cheesymitten
February 9th, 2010, 11:28 AM
I've tried to get used to it, but the problem is, I didn't read the instructions on the left of the home,
It's actually more organised,
And I was getting a little sick of the grey bar at the bottom..

Blue Nocturne
February 9th, 2010, 11:35 AM
I hated it at first, but it's grown on me, i would like my bookmark bar back though. Hopefully they can stick to a design now, but thats like asking for world peace; at the very least not in our lifetime. The only other thing i don't like about it is the new bar at the top of the screen, keep whats up there by all means but make the icons a bit more appropriate, and maybe shuffle the icons around. I don't like my search thing in the centre...

TBH, it doesn't overly bother me, i usually go on it via iPod anyway.

Cassino
February 9th, 2010, 02:47 PM
I think... They redesign these things because a lot of the people on these sites are impulsive and enjoy constant change? Catering to the target audience...
Otherwise they're just doing it for the sake of having something to advertise as "NEW!". Lame.

When MySpace forced its new design for all users I terminated my account there... I actually couldn't find anything at all; seems it has degenerated further since, haha.

xJordan360
February 9th, 2010, 02:49 PM
All I have to say is, they can do a massive overhaul on the aesthetic design of the site, but can't even implement a "dislike" button.

At least Myspace listens to the wants of its users.

Shadow
February 9th, 2010, 04:34 PM
I don't see any difference... >_>;

I don't either. I got that warning about the layout change on my home page but honestly can't tell what in the world is different.

Yamikarasu
February 9th, 2010, 04:44 PM
I'm usually one of those people who gets annoyed at people who get annoyed, but there will eventually come a point where changing the layout twice a year gets obnoxious. When facebook was in its infancy, that was understandable, but facebook is no longer a new website and should settle down (moody teenage phase, anyone?). I do, however, like how it shows you who is online on the left side without having to click down at the bottom.

TrinityLimit
February 9th, 2010, 05:05 PM
i think facebook just got more complicated :D. i liked the old layout wayy better.

Alistair
February 9th, 2010, 06:45 PM
I don't mind the new layout, but there seems like there was more going on in addition to the aesthetic changes. I say this because many status updates of my friends don't appear until a few hours after they're posted. It seems like they tried some database optimizations, but I'm not so sure they're working...

Caelus
February 9th, 2010, 07:45 PM
I actually like this redesigns - that is not including the news feed, though. It did take awhile for me to get a hang of it, but now I find the notifications to be a lot easier. :P

Cirrus
February 9th, 2010, 08:13 PM
I've abandoned Facebook in favor of MSN, seriously.

*goes to check redesign*

Eurydice
February 10th, 2010, 12:22 AM
my facebook page just updated not to long ago. i really dislike the new design, its annoying.

February 10th, 2010, 12:44 AM
I...I kinda like it.

Don't see what everyone is complaining about with regards to the muscle memory thing, which I do understand. Still drag the mouse low to check notifications.

xJordan360
February 10th, 2010, 12:50 AM
I'm with 003 on this.
I like the new Fbook.

Jubilation
February 10th, 2010, 12:51 AM
I don't like it, I suppose I was just used to the old design more.

xJordan360
February 10th, 2010, 12:58 AM
Istill think a dislike button was in much more need than a new design.

February 10th, 2010, 01:03 AM
Istill think a dislike button was in much more need than a new design.

This for sure.

Disliking my friends comment on how much she loves Justin Beaver would have been much appreciated a week ago.

xJordan360
February 10th, 2010, 01:04 AM
This for sure.

Disliking my friends comment on how much she loves Justin Beaver would have been much appreciated a week ago.

Justin Beaver?
rofl

Jordan likes this

February 10th, 2010, 01:06 AM
My fault.

His name is actually Justin Bieber.

And yes, his music is still an abomination.

xJordan360
February 10th, 2010, 01:09 AM
My fault.

His name is actually Justin Bieber.

And yes, his music is still an abomination.

You have no idea how much this has been discussed with my fellow newspaper staff. haha.

Anyways, facebook.
I actually really like the new design, I can see who's online without my "online" box in the chat failing because I have a mediocre internet service at home.

February 10th, 2010, 01:18 AM
Yeah that chat box fails a lot...

See now I have Justin Biebers fake laugh/smile and the "Only you shawty" line from the end of that PV stuck in my head....

Must....Kill...Justin.....Bieber.....

xJordan360
February 10th, 2010, 01:18 AM
Yeah that chat box fails a lot...

See now I have Justin Biebers fake laugh/smile and the "Only you shawty" line from the end of that PV stuck in my head....

Must....Kill...Justin.....Bieber.....

Jordan and 3 others Like This

February 10th, 2010, 01:21 AM
How many xJordans are their?!

xJordan360
February 10th, 2010, 01:24 AM
How many xJordans are their?!

three hundred and sixty...

February 10th, 2010, 01:25 AM
Ah

I see what you did there.

So stupid of me not to realize it sooner.

Jude Mathis
February 10th, 2010, 01:28 AM
Facebook looks exactly the same to me.. >.>;

xJordan360
February 10th, 2010, 01:29 AM
While we're in this thread, I'll pose the question.
Does anyone use google chrome and have any of the aesthetics-based add-ons for facebook?

February 10th, 2010, 01:30 AM
chrome is my default.

I dont really notice the aesthetics that could be carried over other than everything being oriented at the top.

xJordan360
February 10th, 2010, 01:34 AM
The top fix, and the rounded edges still work.
Unless the rounded edges is a standard thing, now.

February 10th, 2010, 02:01 AM
Maybe if everyone stopped complaining about the new layout, they would stop changing it. They keep changing it, because people say they don't like it. Lie and say you like it, so they won't change it again. PROBLEM SOLVED, mate. lol

This.

This girl is BRILLIANT.

Halcyon
February 10th, 2010, 02:05 AM
Like it, but still not used to it.

.little monster
February 15th, 2010, 02:07 PM
I don't care for it, but it's not really a big of a deal. It took like, ten minutes to get used to. :/