PDA

View Full Version : Should I Buy Resident Evil 4?

Zizi
February 8th, 2010, 04:03 PM
I've been watching gameplay of Resident Evil 4 on the WII and whilst i found it scary, it does look like a very good game! However i'd prefer to buy Resident Evil 4 for the ps2 and i've never seen it played or heard any reviews so i was just wondering if anybody who has played it could tell me if its a worthy buy?
Thank you!
:D

Eurydice
February 8th, 2010, 04:17 PM
i have it on the wii. it is an awesome game, though really scary in parts. best resident evil game lately in my opinion.
i have played it on the ps2 but the controls are alot harder then they are on the wii but other then that i think they are the same.

Zizi
February 8th, 2010, 04:22 PM
i have it on the wii. it is an awesome game, though really scary in parts. best resident evil game lately in my opinion.
i have played it on the ps2 but the controls are alot harder then they are on the wii but other then that i think they are the same.

Thank you! I would much prefer to buy it on the WII but i sadly i don't have one so hopefully i'll be able to control the ps2 version lol!

Eurydice
February 8th, 2010, 04:24 PM
what you could do is if you have a gamestop nearby buy it and if you dont like it you can always return it. or rent it from somewhere.

Zizi
February 8th, 2010, 04:43 PM
what you could do is if you have a gamestop nearby buy it and if you dont like it you can always return it. or rent it from somewhere.

Good plan, i'll do that! :D thanks!

SkyKnight
February 8th, 2010, 04:46 PM
My brother plays it on the PS2. I don't know about the gameplay on the Wii, but I think it's more simpler and user friendly. Turning the camera angle was a pain the PS2 is one of the only things I remember (I got spooked when a zombie showed up right behind me) =p So..I guess the Wii would be a good choice.

Zizi
February 8th, 2010, 05:04 PM
My brother plays it on the PS2. I don't know about the gameplay on the Wii, but I think it's more simpler and user friendly. Turning the camera angle was a pain the PS2 is one of the only things I remember (I got spooked when a zombie showed up right behind me) =p So..I guess the Wii would be a good choice.

If i ever get a WII i will deffo get it but as i have the ps2 ill make the most of that :D and ha omg im going to be freaking out every little thing. even just the chickens lol.

Alistair
February 8th, 2010, 05:16 PM
I had the Gamecube version a while back (When it was still exclusive to the platform, hehe), and I must say, it's a really good game. I have not played the Wii version, though.

But if you do get it, look around the environment. There's always creepy things wherever you go. Early in the game, look for a girl with a pitchfork through her face.

Munch Dog
February 8th, 2010, 05:24 PM
I have it on Wii, it's pretty boss. And it's not that scary, you're just cowards! :p

Zizi
February 8th, 2010, 06:35 PM
I had the Gamecube version a while back (When it was still exclusive to the platform, hehe), and I must say, it's a really good game. I have not played the Wii version, though.

But if you do get it, look around the environment. There's always creepy things wherever you go. Early in the game, look for a girl with a pitchfork through her face.

Omg yesss i've seen the girl with the pitchfork through her face.. sucks to be her O.o xD lol

I have it on Wii, it's pretty boss. And it's not that scary, you're just cowards! :p

Haha i recognise that description of myself xD lol

Captain Fabio
February 9th, 2010, 07:47 AM
And it's not that scary, you're just cowards! :p

I bet you had nightmares about it for weeks, coward.

It is one of the best games you will play for a long time. No question. Get it.

Zizi
February 9th, 2010, 09:13 AM

It is one of the best games you will play for a long time. No question. Get it.

I've decided i'm going to get it ^^ now that ive decided that it'll probs not be in store where i want to get it lol!

Ochigi
February 9th, 2010, 09:55 AM
It's basically up to you If you want to buy it or not.

Zizi
February 9th, 2010, 11:02 AM
It's basically up to you If you want to buy it or not.

well after hearing peoples opinions im going to give it a shot

Ochigi
February 9th, 2010, 11:48 AM
XD I've heard of Resident Evil 4 but have never seen it.
What's it about?

Zizi
February 9th, 2010, 12:10 PM
XD I've heard of Resident Evil 4 but have never seen it.
What's it about?

i'm not altogether certain but from what i've gathered you go on a mission to rescue the presidents daughter and you get there and there all these zombies going all rawwr at you. well thats on the wii anyway lol!

Sorry for my bad description but its still a new thing to me lol :D

Ochigi
February 9th, 2010, 12:45 PM
Lol it's ok.
I personally prefer RolePlaying Games & Action lol.

Good luck with the game!

Zizi
February 9th, 2010, 01:30 PM
Lol it's ok.
I personally prefer RolePlaying Games & Action lol.

Good luck with the game!

Thank you very much!

Munch Dog
February 9th, 2010, 02:55 PM

Naw, tbh the previous games in the series are scarier than 4 and even they don't scare me that much. The only game in the series I've ever really been scared by was the gamecube remake of the first one.

I love playing horror games for the story and suspense and stuff, however most really don't scare me much.

well after hearing peoples opinions im going to give it a shot

Trust me, you won't be disappointed.

Zizi
February 9th, 2010, 11:48 PM
Naw, tbh the previous games in the series are scarier than 4 and even they don't scare me that much. The only game in the series I've ever really been scared by was the gamecube remake of the first one.

I love playing horror games for the story and suspense and stuff, however most really don't scare me much.

Trust me, you won't be disappointed.

Haha thanks! However i'm quite meh with scary games so don't be too surprised if you see a thread in a few weeks saying "I really cannot play this game its so scary" lolol nonono, i WILL be strong :D

Eurydice
February 9th, 2010, 11:54 PM
Haha thanks! However i'm quite meh with scary games so don't be too surprised if you see a thread in a few weeks saying "I really cannot play this game its so scary" lolol nonono, i WILL be strong :D

what i did when the game creeped me out to much (mostly it was my friend screaming beside me. she refused to play it and made me play it because she wanted to see what would happen.) is just take a break and calm down, but sometimes the adrenaline (i guess thats what it would be) you get from those parts help (or at least it helped me). just take it slow and stay calm.
o and use really high powered guns on the chainsaw wielding zombies. running doesnt work (tried it way to many times)

and you can always ask me for help if you get stuck ^_^

Zizi
February 10th, 2010, 12:04 AM
what i did when the game creeped me out to much (mostly it was my friend screaming beside me. she refused to play it and made me play it because she wanted to see what would happen.) is just take a break and calm down, but sometimes the adrenaline (i guess thats what it would be) you get from those parts help (or at least it helped me). just take it slow and stay calm.
o and use really high powered guns on the chainsaw wielding zombies. running doesnt work (tried it way to many times)

and you can always ask me for help if you get stuck ^_^

Thank you for that advice! lol I think i'd have to take a few breaks here and there or my heart will just go into scare overdrive lol!
Haha righties you're doomed, if i need help i'm deffo asking you lol!

Munch Dog
February 10th, 2010, 05:29 AM
Best strategy for taking down chainsaw guys: Shotgun to knock them down, knife him until he gets back up, rinse repeat. If you somehow run out of shotgun shells before he's dead then, just headshot him with the pistol, then kick him, THEN knife him, rinse repeat. Trust me, it's not that hard. :p

Barney.
February 10th, 2010, 07:34 AM
It's a pure must have. One of the best games ever...And by far the best Resident Evil
(and that's not easy).

But it's really not as scary as the previous Residents Evils..but it still offers a few scares.

Fenrir Reki
February 10th, 2010, 06:58 PM
Yes you should definently get it since your buying it on the PS2. It is probably one of the best games for it and it is still fun to play, even if the game is a couple of years old.

Zizi
February 11th, 2010, 05:21 AM
Hey i'm sorry if this reply is a little late to some, somebody has been hacking into all my accounts and changing things, my youtube was deleted and my passwords changed on everything except this and facebook so i've had a lot of sorting out to do lol!

Anyway on a happier note, I bought Resident Evil 4 for PS2 yesterday and spent last night playing it and being laughed at on webcam for the looks of "pure terror" on my face - I ended up getting cider out to steady my nerves lol! But it's really fun! So a massive thank you to everyone who's given their opinions and said I should buy it, I love it :D

Best strategy for taking down chainsaw guys: Shotgun to knock them down, knife him until he gets back up, rinse repeat. If you somehow run out of shotgun shells before he's dead then, just headshot him with the pistol, then kick him, THEN knife him, rinse repeat. Trust me, it's not that hard. :p

Thank you so much for that advice - I'm still getting the hang of buttons to use and shizz but i'll deffo try that method! :D

It's a pure must have. One of the best games ever...And by far the best Resident Evil
(and that's not easy).

But it's really not as scary as the previous Residents Evils..but it still offers a few scares.

Ha i was pure scared tbh but im a wimp lol! Thank you :D

Yes you should definently get it since your buying it on the PS2. It is probably one of the best games for it and it is still fun to play, even if the game is a couple of years old.

Thank you! :D its awesome so far, can't wait to see how its going to progress :D (well i know cos ive seen the walkthroughs but sshhhh lol) :D

Munch Dog
February 11th, 2010, 03:46 PM
See, I told you wouldn't be disappointed! RE 4 is a train of awesome to the very end, glad you're enjoying it so far.

Jeremy
February 13th, 2010, 08:17 AM
It's definitely a great game, sweetie. It's loads of action with some slight puzzles and it's friendly to those who are new to the Resident Evil story. I would recommend getting the Wii version since you'll get the graphics from the Gamecube version with the extra content from the PS2 version.

If you're interested in more of the Resident Evil back story and would like to scare the pants off of you, I would also recommend getting Resident Evil 1 for Gamecube or the port for Wii.

Enjoy the game sweetie, and tell us what you think. XD

Zizi
February 13th, 2010, 12:23 PM
OMG Im loving Resident Evil!! Im freaking in love, can't stop playing it!! lovelovelove thanks so much for recomending guys!! :D

See, I told you wouldn't be disappointed! RE 4 is a train of awesome to the very end, glad you're enjoying it so far.

AWESOMESAUCE!!!! ty v mucho :D

It's definitely a great game, sweetie. It's loads of action with some slight puzzles and it's friendly to those who are new to the Resident Evil story. I would recommend getting the Wii version since you'll get the graphics from the Gamecube version with the extra content from the PS2 version.

If you're interested in more of the Resident Evil back story and would like to scare the pants off of you, I would also recommend getting Resident Evil 1 for Gamecube or the port for Wii.

Enjoy the game sweetie, and tell us what you think. XD

I'm loving it! I've seen gameplay for the gamecube version and yeh im interested in the back story so im thinking sometime in the future i might get it! but right now my attention is completly on resident evil 4 haha, love it!!
Thank you for your advice, appreciated! :D

Yuoaman
February 17th, 2010, 09:22 AM
Congrats on getting the game, it's definitely one of the better Survival Horror titles out there. :D

I had nightmares about the Regenerators and Iron Maidens...

Zizi
February 17th, 2010, 03:07 PM
Congrats on getting the game, it's definitely one of the better Survival Horror titles out there. :D

I had nightmares about the Regenerators and Iron Maidens...

Thankies :D i'm loving it!