PDA

View Full Version : Nostalgic Videogames

hellcreig
February 8th, 2010, 11:03 PM
Games you just reinstalled for Nostalgia or Fun factor

What game are you re-playing? and Why?

I just reinstalled The longest journey and want to hear the story again, and basically i forgot 70% of the game :lol: it was a long time ago i played it and never actually finished it!

RivalGator
February 8th, 2010, 11:07 PM
I haven't forgotten any of these games, seeing as my whole life kinda revolves around them, but for Christmas I got the Tomb Raider Collection, so I re-downloaded all of the Tomb Raider games (Core Design) and re-played them. They are beautiful games. They'll never die. <3

xJordan360
February 8th, 2010, 11:19 PM
I just re-installed oblivion for the funsies of adding lightsaber mods and the likes, since i was rather clueless as to how that was done my first playthrough.

King Goodra
February 9th, 2010, 04:36 AM
Gonna give this lovely thread to Klippy in Other Games. :)

Akeraz
February 9th, 2010, 05:38 AM
>_> I re-installed FO3 on my Xbox HD.
I still have to beat the game before new vegas comes.
[Previously not been able to beat the game due to bugs]

Takoto
February 9th, 2010, 05:39 AM
Abe's Oddysee and Abe's Exodus (spelling?)

Algo Fonix
February 9th, 2010, 11:37 AM
Knights of the Old Republic.

Cassino
February 9th, 2010, 03:15 PM
X – Beyond the Frontier

My main incentive was to remember the story and this time do it properly, in my first go through yonks ago I inadvertently skipped showing Gunne's little video blog to the Titan captain... not like it makes any odds, though, he'd just direct me to Noah anyway, just thought it might be a funny reaction after his previous dialogue.

I pretty much gave up though... making tens of thousands of credits without being able to sell my starting ship to buy and pilot a TS is just FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUU how the hell did I have the patience to grind this when I was 11... Noah can shove his mineral scanner request up his arse.

mew²
February 9th, 2010, 03:38 PM
I am currently reinstalling Left 4 Dead due to the fact the last time I installed it, it would discounnect me from a Steam waiting room.

PKFL_531
February 9th, 2010, 06:15 PM
Nostalgia is often the main emotion that can bring forth joy, sadness, and anger. Nostalgia is the constant craving of the joy of what your life was. Your childhood... Your home... Your self...

Some videogames trigger nostalgia. Some videogames that are played when you are younger are played again when you are older, and don't you feel that feeling of nostalgia? Some videogames show a mirror reflection of your past, and don't you get that feeling of nostalgia?

I'm just saying, there are a ton of games out there that can make you yearn for your past all over again, and let's share what they are.

For me, I grew up with Yoshi's Island. It reminds me of the endless hours trying to beat Raphael the Raven, and when I did, I was so happy and estatic! Yoshi's Island DS didn't bring back the same memories or childhood laughter I would emit. But whenever I hear that boss music in the original game, it makes me burst into tears because I wish I was 10 again.

xJordan360
February 9th, 2010, 06:21 PM
Legend of Zelda, Pokemon, and even the more recent Kingdom Hearts all trigger serious nostalgia for me.

thedestinedblade
February 9th, 2010, 07:06 PM
The game that probably brings the most nostalgia for me is probably TMNT IV: Turtles in Time. It's easily my favorite game from childhood. I still have it for the SNES, and still haven't beaten the game to this day. :/

TB Pro
February 9th, 2010, 07:54 PM
Donkey Kong 64. That was/is one of my favorite games of all time. It NEVER gets old.

Missingno.7-4468
February 9th, 2010, 08:56 PM
Just started replaying the original Digimon World. Haven't played it in years. So many good (And not so much) memories...