PDA

View Full Version : Do you belive in choices ?

Talli
February 12th, 2010, 03:09 AM
Do you think this is right, this is my happened to my friend a couple of years ago.

Someone said to this to her- " We have a place for you at this house"
She went up to look at the house it was full of people much older than her and all had one speacial need down's and they were all quiet.

She didn't like that house she wanted to go to college, but thanks to some hard face cow she was forced to that house.

ok what I am tring to say is she did not have a choice of where she'd like to go, you would not say to someone " we have a place for you at uni"
No you have a choice of what uni and what course you want and the same with college..

Blue Nocturne
February 12th, 2010, 10:33 AM
You always have a choice, even it is blatantly obvious which option is right or correct, you could still go the other way. You could have a loan shark asking for your money without a choice, there still is one, violence, or phoning the police (but my position on loan sharking has nothing to do with this).

A little more detail would be needed for me (and probably others) to answer your question, such as what the 'hard faced cow' did to 'force' your friend to that house, without it, i'm afraid i have to stick to my argument that there is almost always another option, even if it is stupid; especially when concerning something as important as a home.

Cassino
February 12th, 2010, 11:14 AM
Do you think this is right? It is what happened to my friend a couple of years ago.

Someone said to this to her: "We have a place for you at this house."
She went up to look at the house it was full of people much older than her, all of them had one special need like down's syndome and they were all quiet. She didn't like that house; she wanted to go to college, but thanks to some hard face cow she was forced into that house.

Ok, what I am trying to say is she did not have a choice of where she'd like to go — you would not say to someone "we have a place for you at uni", no, you have a choice of what uni and what course you want and the same with college...
iFix
Sorry, I just had a bit of trouble understanding you as it was originally written.

Choices are all good and well but shouldn't just be "I want to do this" and all is said and done; one should allow themselves to be informed by the opinions and experiences of others, not necessarily influenced, just so that they don't have a 2-dimensional outlook on whatever it is they will be letting themselves into.

.little monster
February 12th, 2010, 06:29 PM
You almost always have a choice. Be it obvious or hidden, it is there.

I said "almost" because there are some exceptions that come right to my head, which I shall not say to keep this from being a flame war, although I am pretty sure most of this forum is above flame wars over that subject.

Anyways..

twocows
February 12th, 2010, 08:06 PM
Even if there's some giant cosmic pre-determined order that things happen in, we're still making those decisions. And you always have a choice, you just tend to weigh it against the consequences and make your decision based on which is more beneficial to you.

Talli
February 13th, 2010, 02:21 AM
Right, my friend told me this " I have work with people of all needs and ages" that was the hard faced cow talking. Yeah WORKED not live with them 24/7 and another thing she said was " When I went to uni I thought I could not live away from my mum, but by the second week I was doing ok"

!. she had a choice of going to uni not forced into uni
2. working with all ages and needs is differant than living with them 24/7
3. just because they want what is est for you is not always the best.
The hard face cow stopped my friends work experice and stopped her money and said
" If you do not go to that house you would not get her money back!"

and in this house they take your money only leaving you with enough for 1 bottle of sampoo.

How is that right for anyone ?

Galukxy
February 13th, 2010, 03:20 AM
Yes, there is always a choice, a chance, a path, you just need to pick the right choice to follow the correct paths and it'll get you somewhere...

RCMF13
February 15th, 2010, 05:35 AM
Right, my friend told me this " I have work with people of all needs and ages" that was the hard faced cow talking. Yeah WORKED not live with them 24/7 and another thing she said was " When I went to uni I thought I could not live away from my mum, but by the second week I was doing ok"

!. she had a choice of going to uni not forced into uni
2. working with all ages and needs is differant than living with them 24/7
3. just because they want what is est for you is not always the best.
The hard face cow stopped my friends work experice and stopped her money and said
" If you do not go to that house you would not get her money back!"

and in this house they take your money only leaving you with enough for 1 bottle of sampoo.

How is that right for anyone ?

That is stupid. Stopping someone's work experience and cutting off money?

In my opinion, you are entitled to choices. It's your life, your decisions, as long as you are aware of the options available and you understand the consequences.