PDA

View Full Version : Have some free Command & Conquer

twocows
February 14th, 2010, 02:02 PM
http://www.commandandconquer.com/classic
There you go. See, isn't that much better? Now go out there and screw up the timeline. :)

This offering includes Command & Conquer: Tiberian Dawn, Command & Conquer: Red Alert, and Command & Conquer: Tiberian Sun (and its expansion). That is the correct order in which to play them, by the way.

Cassino
February 14th, 2010, 08:55 PM
And to think I paid for these games back then... Kind of annoying, like they're going "haha who sucks now". :|

February 14th, 2010, 08:59 PM
I didn't know you were entitled to complain over having paid for games that are more than 11 years old now when they become free to download.

Cassino
February 14th, 2010, 09:59 PM
As long as the standards of 'freedom of speech' remain, I most certainly am.

February 14th, 2010, 10:05 PM
Too bad you're on the internet.

Bianca Paragon
February 14th, 2010, 10:12 PM
Lazy devs are lazy. The Tiberian Sun is just a directory copy of an already-installed version of Tiberian Sun/Firestorm from TFD. Even SCENE releases are more professional than this.

Klippy
February 14th, 2010, 10:13 PM
Just gunna say stop now, please. This isn't about whether you paid money for the game or not. This is about a nice deal for C&C fans to experience the series for free now that they're old.

Don't post any more regarding that. Only about the deal. Thanks.

February 14th, 2010, 10:15 PM
Lazy devs are lazy. The Tiberian Sun is just a directory copy of an already-installed version of Tiberian Sun/Firestorm from TFD. Even SCENE releases are more professional than this.
When the first C&C was intially made free a few years ago the files were from the TFD installation as well.

Bianca Paragon
February 14th, 2010, 10:36 PM
Gross :( At least Red Alert and Tiberian Dawn are ISO's now.