PDA

View Full Version : MSN/WLM Idle

Aizuke
February 16th, 2010, 03:48 PM
Okay, so for the past month or so, my WLM's idle status stopped working. You know, when you leave your WLM/computer for a while and it automatically changes your status to idle. It's been a while since it stopped working and I've disregarded it, but it's really annoying me now, since people IM me and I'm not there and they think I'm ignoring them or something. D;

I've reinstalled WLM and Plus, and it still doesn't work. Yes I do have the option ticked. I can't even google the problem without getting pages and pages of links that don't even help me. And before I actually go to the WLM center, I just wanted to see if anyone on PC can help me.

Zet
February 16th, 2010, 07:30 PM
I have the latest version of wlm and I don't have idle any more, I only have Show me as "Away" when I am inactive for x minutes. So I'm not really sure if idle has been removed or not.

Cassino
February 16th, 2010, 08:19 PM
Indeed it has been effectively merged with away.
If OP is not appearing as 'away' either, then as well as having the tickbox checked, be sure you have a valid number (like it's not set to -1 or 0 or something) set in the other part of the option too.

Aizuke
February 16th, 2010, 10:44 PM
I have it set to 1 minute if that counts, and I've tried other times and it still doesn't work.

And other people I know have the same version as me and they still idle.

So I guess I better contact the WLM people, no? :x

twocows
February 17th, 2010, 07:04 AM
I wish I could help, I really don't use instant messengers much. Try looking around the preferences menu to see if there's anything about disabling away status that might be checked or something.