View Full Version : Thoughts on Love and Heartbreak

Spikey-Eared Pichu
February 16th, 2010, 5:05 PM
What do you make of love and heartbreak? Do you think love actually exists? Or is it just some chemical feeling we have because of our bodies? Does heartbreak exist or are we just creating unecessary sadness for ourselves?

---Spot saved for personal opinion---

February 17th, 2010, 12:52 AM
Mm, I'm a hopeless romantic and I'm already in love, so I believe in it. I don't really think it's a chemical reaction. There was this one quote from a movie that said, "I know the reason everyone wants love so much: it's the closest thing we have to magic." Which is so true. It's magical, you know? It's not a bodily feeling...it's on a higher plane than that.

February 17th, 2010, 1:43 AM
My opinion is don't get too attached until you're married

February 17th, 2010, 1:51 AM
Me and curtis forever, I love my squirrel. I guess I am not very good at romance meh

February 17th, 2010, 5:03 AM
I'm not sure whether love exists or not, as I've only felt the variety that one feels for one's family. :\

February 17th, 2010, 5:40 AM
Love exists, but dont waste it.

I for one opened myself up too much to relationships that wouldnt last, and the one that lasted for 9 months was broken thanks to a move

My opinion is don't get too attached until you're married

...and here I am on the opposite end of the spectrum, screwing up every relationship I've ever been in because I don't open myself up to anyone. XD

Love is a really delicate thing. If you're lucky enough to find it, handle it with care. >_>

February 17th, 2010, 5:46 AM
Love exists, but I've never truly experienced it. The kind of love you have for pets, family, and friends is a totally different kind of love from being with that special someone. It is that kind I have never experienced. It's most definitely not from being anti-social. I do sometimes lose my temper, but most times I contain it internally and release it via Modern Warfare 2. But still, I've never found anyone, and frankly, due to my utter lack of confidence and that part of my soul being nearly dead, I doubt I ever will.
*looks at silent crowd*
That went longer than I thought it would. Stop staring at me! -_-

February 17th, 2010, 6:45 AM
Yeah, it's a chemical reaction in your brain. But that doesn't make it any less special, amazing, or devastating when she doesn't feel it back.

As for a broken heart, it exists, trust me...

February 17th, 2010, 7:15 AM
Sure, it's a chemical reaction, just like everything else about us. But if you break it down, everything is really just interactions of atoms and energy and such. Just because you can disassemble something doesn't take away its meaning; just because love is a chemical reaction doesn't mean it isn't important.

February 17th, 2010, 2:20 PM
Love is... a mystery.

But it exists in all of us.

Sometime's it get's in our way. Sometimes, it's uncontrollable.

Heartbreak is also real. It can cause depression. And you feel it.

February 17th, 2010, 3:45 PM
i believe love exists. its an amazing feeling when your with the person you love and cherish the most and you feel that nothing can take that away from you.

as for heartbreak, its a hard thing to get over. you feel (well, some people feel) down and depressed and it takes a while to recover from it in my opinion. you feel hurt but in the process, you begin to accept it.

February 17th, 2010, 6:08 PM
Love exists as the strongest positive feeling... so if you feel love, it's somewhat proof you're alive.

February 17th, 2010, 6:22 PM
I believe in love, because it can be felt on all levels. But, I also think we all experience it differently in our own way, so love for one person can be completely different for another. And as someone else said, the love you have when you're in love with someone, is completely different than love for a friend or family, it's just different in many many ways.

As for heart ache, it definitely does exist. But, I think once you've experienced it more than once, you can realize it isn't the end of the world anymore and that it's okay to get back up and try and experience love again. I don't believe you can only love one person in your life and never love again the same way. You always love differently, because each relationship is different and of its own, so I never believe the "love only comes once in a lifetime" phrase.

February 17th, 2010, 7:43 PM
The human mind is a very powerful thing. If you believe in something so bad, It could come true. But love is one of the many things in life that is unexplainable. Having much experience with relationships, when your young its best to focus on personal goals. Once you achieved stability in ones life, then you should start seeking someone to share your life with. I see it as partners not love, you rely on each other to help in life and thats what life should be about.

Heart break is a very bad feeling, and you'll get it if you had deep feelings for that person. But like other changes in life, you adapt to it and move on and find someone else.

I don't believe in soul mates because we are designed to be limitless and anyone could be your lover.

February 17th, 2010, 7:57 PM
I love romance, though I've never had a serious romantic relationship [Yet, people ask me out--but it never ends well :( ] I do believe love excists, I don't think gender matters either, you love who you love. End of story.

February 17th, 2010, 7:58 PM

Honestly, there has to be a thread like this open already.

Love exists, sure why not.