PDA

View Full Version : What was the biggest video game dissapointment you have ever played?

PokeFreakBror
February 17th, 2010, 04:20 AM
I'd like to hear what people think are the most dissapointing game they have ever played was.
It can be for any good reason:

Because it was based on a great movie, but the game sucked!

Because it was a game in a great series of games and the game dind't live up to the series of games it was in.

Because you heard something about the game and it sounded really cool but it wasn't.´
Or anything else. What was the biggest dissapointment of a game you have ever played?

IMPORTANT PART OF REPLIES!!!

I have read nearly every comment on the list, and some people don't even give explanations to why they thought the games were dissapointing, please post with a reason you think is good.
Thank you very much, i enjoy reading your replies!

Fox♠
February 17th, 2010, 04:37 AM
GTA4 was honestly awful in my eyes.

Galukxy
February 17th, 2010, 04:39 AM
hmmm.... worst game well Star Wars on N64 can't remember the name of it but it was really a disapointment to me, the game made me confused totally from the start O_O

I Laugh at your Misfortune!
February 17th, 2010, 05:00 AM
In a sad way, Deadly Creatures. I went in sceptical, seeing as it was, y'know, a serious game on the Wii. But then...it was awesome. Sure, it had some camera issues and there was more than enough clipping, but it worked better than I would have ever thought and there's something about stinging a man in the testicles that is disturbingly cathartic. And then, after about eight hours, it just ended. And I sat there, feeling extremely let down. I'd gone in expecting something rubbish, got more than I could have hoped for, and then it just disappeared when I was really getting into it.

Talli
February 17th, 2010, 05:02 AM
COD: MW 2 they say it's the best game of the 00's but without multi player it is boring. Curtis would rather play WoW any day.

Virtual Chatot
February 17th, 2010, 05:25 AM
Godzilla: Unleashed was probably the worst game I have ever played. The only thing fun about it is trying to destroy buildings.

yahiko
February 17th, 2010, 05:45 AM
prob world in conflict cuz i got it and it kept freezing when i tried playing it

Akeraz
February 17th, 2010, 07:20 AM
Fable II.
I can't say MW2 cuz I thought it was going to be crap from the get-go.

Daeva Okami-Luca
February 17th, 2010, 07:33 AM
Dinotopia for the xbox.

Terrible combat, although dinosaurs were interesting. Game was too short, no replay value.

PokemonTrainer`
February 17th, 2010, 07:33 AM
probly farcry vengence for wii i was sooo freaking mad it made me when thare was terrible graphs and no level editor it sucks Farcry Vengence Not recomended fur the wii!!!Id buy a xbox to play farcry b4 id pay farcry for wii again!

Infernape
February 17th, 2010, 09:05 AM
Borderlands. The ending had me going "Is this seriously it?!"

Yuoaman
February 17th, 2010, 09:09 AM
Dragonball Z Sagas.

Oh... what high hopes I had for that game. :(

Crystal-Heart
February 17th, 2010, 09:30 AM
Worst disappointment in gaming?
Hmm..I'd have to say Sonic & The Secret Rings. Not a bad game outright, I just didn't enjoy it nearly as much as more traditional games in the series.

Yoshimi
February 17th, 2010, 02:20 PM
Final Fantasy VII./flamebait

In all seriousness, the most disappointing game was probably a tie between Firered and Metroid for the gamecube.
Sure, they were both fun, but none of them motivated me to go further. I felt like I was forcing my way through Firered for quite a while.

Fenrir Reki
February 17th, 2010, 02:59 PM
Red Faction Guerrilla:
I thought this game was going to be much better than the first two and it slightly is but it had a horrible storyline and the online community was pathetic.

Gary, the Magic Fairy
February 17th, 2010, 04:14 PM
GTA4 is the most recent game that I feel let down by. Biggest of all would probably be Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess. Funny how the initials are TP, because, to be honest, I'd probably have been better off buying $50 worth of toilet paper.

Pokemon Ruby/Sapphire were quite disappointing as well.

Jordan
February 17th, 2010, 05:05 PM
FIFA 09 for the Wii by a long shot. Bad graphics (without a doubt, worse than Gamecube's), no option to select songs that will play in shuffle (which was present in the Gamecube games), no edit player or create-a-player if I remember correctly (both of which were present in the Gamecube games), all of the Wii-only quirks were absolute crap.

I almost cried real tears after playing it three times because of what a waste of money it was. Yeah, it was that bad. I'm never wasting another dollar on a FIFA game again.

thedestinedblade
February 17th, 2010, 05:58 PM
For me it's Arc the Lad: End of Darkness for the PS2. I was excited for the release of this game thinking it would be good like the previous four. Man, I was disappointed. They completely changed the battle system, the main character was lame, and the story was a joke. It was also a direct sequel to Arc the Lad: Twilight of the Spirits (one of my favorite PS2 games), and it did that game no justice. I'm pretty sure the game killed the Arc the Lad series. Sad, really.

Captain Hobo.
February 17th, 2010, 06:15 PM
NBA 2K10 because I was looking forward to a new 2K game. 2K9 was so good. When I played 2K10 it wouldn't let me made a layup on Rookie.

Late
February 17th, 2010, 09:28 PM
Pokémon Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald, I don't like them (have played them through more than 5 times).
They just aren't as good as another Pokémon Games. First, I don't like the Region (Hoenn itself), second I don't like the graphics (those are awful, I liked R/B/Y/G/S/C graphics more) and third, every new features were just boring (like the Bike, Mach and Acro? Thanks, that they left it out after these games).

Algo Fonix
February 18th, 2010, 02:16 PM
Final Fantasy XII. I like the game and all, as the battle system is super fun, but I really disliked basically every character except for Baltheir, who was pretty awesome. I haven't expected epic stories from FF in years, but the way XII ended felt... sorta premature. I got to the end and felt like "Wow, the end already?" which really took me out of the game. To this day I can't bring myself to pick it up and finish it off.

cjlaw
February 18th, 2010, 06:07 PM
Legend of zelda OoT
Mainly because I went into this game thinking it will be great (because everyone said it was). I got very bored in the middle of the game. The story wasn't really that intresting for me and the characters were very anoying, but there was something I enjoyed about the game and that was fishing. I did complete the game in the end, but i was really desoponited with it.

Arcanine
February 18th, 2010, 06:13 PM
Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising
I had really high hopes for this game, in the trailers it looked good, the multiplayer looked good, the single player looked good, the co-op looked good. But when I got my hands on it... I couldn't believe how crappy it was. It was a really big letdown for me.

TJgamer
February 18th, 2010, 11:51 PM
I don't really have one. Reason? Simple: Be extra careful of what games you buy; make sure that it is really worth the money!
I only go for games that are sure to bring a load of fun to the player.

Xebelleon
February 19th, 2010, 12:11 AM
Ninjabread Man for the Wii. God awful game.
Found it in the laundry room in our apartment building.
Took it home. Tried it out. Felt dirty after three minutes.

hmmm.... worst game well Star Wars on N64 can't remember the name of it but it was really a disapointment to me, the game made me confused totally from the start O_O

Sounds kinda like that Naboo game or Shadows of the Empire.

twocows
February 19th, 2010, 06:25 AM
Left 4 Dead 2 was the biggest video game disappointment I have ever played.

Nikorasu
February 19th, 2010, 07:29 AM
I'm gonna look back on the old games...

hmm Back tot he future,

Awesome movie, worst game ever. Search it on youtube, You will commit suicide.

Stevo-kun
February 19th, 2010, 11:09 AM
Halo 3 in my opinion. I know, hate me all you want, but with so much hype in the Halo series. I was expecting alot more, but I could never really get into it. It didn't really excite me =/. Maybe that's just me though.

Blue_Drifblim
February 19th, 2010, 08:59 PM
Super Monkey Ball Adventure.

No.... Just no.

jigglyppuff8
February 20th, 2010, 08:55 AM
Super Smash Brothers Brawl.

The floaty fighting mechanics, slowed down gameplay, and absolutely no character balance. Yes, I am butthurt that Jigglypuff is one of the worst characters around this time, but more that Meta Knight can just pwn everyone. Also, the music was too remixed and nostalgia was put in all the wrong places. SSE was unnecessarily long. 1P campaign is just a chore now instead of being fun. The trophies are less creative too; they're just the official artwork from those games in 3D. AND LET'S NOT FORGET ABOUT THE DELAYS.

Omega Sableye
February 20th, 2010, 09:10 AM
Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Explorers of Sky

Game Over1375
February 20th, 2010, 09:15 AM
Um...

Pokemon Ruby and Sapphire...

Yeah, I just went there.

joshay
February 20th, 2010, 09:21 AM
LOTR: Third Age. I thought it would be an action, fighty, killing orcs kinda thing but it turned out to be some RPG Strategy :/
Although, i actually quite like the game now :L

cjlaw
February 20th, 2010, 11:10 AM
MW2 was an other disapointment for me mainly because of the truely rubbish story and also for the terrible matchmaking, spawn and the unbalanced weapons.

Eпvy
February 20th, 2010, 03:40 PM
Animal Crossing City Folk.

Having loved the original GCN Animal Crossing so much, and having realized that some great improvements were made in Wild World (despite some flaws added as well), I expected City Folk to at least had some improvements and new features itself.

That was expecting WAY too much. The game promised to be a fusion of the GCN and DS version. Well honestly I think the people that made the game must be smoking or stupid or something, because it really DOES NOT take a rocket scientist to realize what to bring back and what to not bring back.

They brought back the holidays from the GCN version. A feature that should have never even been removed from WW in the first place. (and I call bull on their argument for removing them, because I believe it was the very same year that WW was released the second Mario and Luigi was released and get what the first town you visited represented so blatantly?: CHRISTMAS. :o If Mario and Luigi could get away with that than I don't know how WW couldn't.) Plus it was advertised, we all knew they were coming back.

The game looked promising after the holidays were returning was shown. However only two other positive features were brought back from the GCN version: Cliffs and four houses. Both were givens anyway.

However the negative almost completely outweighs the good here: The holidays are not as fun as they were in the original, you get four houses at the expense of returning to the house size from the GCN version (so yes, you heard me right, we have a MUCH smaller house size in the Wii version than in the DS version.), the animal pictures feature was completely removed, and the animals became even more repetitive (and due to the removal of any options when talking to them it being more repetitive completely kills any want to talk to them.).

Perfect fusion, my butt. I don't care what anybody says, City Folk is obviously an incredibly lazy rehash and downgrade of Wild World with a new name tacked on to make it look like it's something new. And this game proves to me that even rehashes can be done very wrong.

Nintendo has ruined the Animal Crossing series and the fans will never care because they're all lulled under the "Animal Crossing must always stay the same" mindset. Why do these fans not understand that there are positive changes that can be made, and why do these fans not understand that some very negative changes have been made? Are they blind?

Well I have to give it to Nintendo, they've found an extremely easy way to make money with the AC fans. They don't have to change anything in the next AC game and it would still make them a ton of money and the fans would still defend it to their deaths under that absurdly stupid mindset.

On another note Pokemon Ruby, Sapphire, and Emerald were pretty disappointing, too. Not on the level of City Folk, but still I don't understand why they made a lot of the changes they did. I did not like they wanted to "reset" everything. Gold, Silver, and Crystal made an EPIC sequel to Red, Blue, and Yellow. They were set in the future and really felt like sequels. RSE were different. While they were still fun they lacked that continuity between the first two generations. The day/night and week system was removed among other things. I was also really sad that we didn't get to have a second region. I don't care what anybody says, being able to go back to Kanto in the second generation was great. It may have been watered down, but it brought that sense of continuity and expanded the game time by quite a bit.

(Sorry for the long post, it's a Saturday and I really don't have anything better to do. XD)

Phazon
February 20th, 2010, 06:45 PM
ACCF had a ****-load of items, including a Metroid, which was good enough for me.

The biggest disappointment in gaming for me is Metroid Fusion. It's way too linear and there are constant, unskippable interruptions in the form of Adam Malkovich and Samus' inner-monologue (none of which are interesting or worth reading) telling you exactly where to go and what to do. The graphics are too bright and cheery and the music is bland and forgettable. There's no atmosphere, solitude feeling or sense of accomplishment to be found in this game (all things that are pivotal in Metroid games). Metroid should be done like this; get the story out the way early and let the player explore and find things for themselves without being interrupted or being told to go from point A to point B (redundantly, the only path available). It blows my mind that people can actually give this game a rating higher than 5/10 (and that's me being fair; take into consideration the disappointment factor and you're looking at 2/10).

Damn Metroid Fusion sucks.

ソラ
February 20th, 2010, 06:56 PM
Sonic Heros Might of been the last Sonic game I have ever played, except Sonic the Hedgehog 2(Which is my favorite Sonic Game). I thought the game was a basically the most disappointing game I have ever played.

Chloè
February 20th, 2010, 08:17 PM
Biggest waste of time ever.... Play Station....Ape Escape...bleh

Eпvy
February 20th, 2010, 09:50 PM
ACCF had a ****-load of items, including a Metroid, which was good enough for me.

But there's waayyyy more to AC than that. You should at least acknowledge that...

To be honest I can't really even think of any memorable items added in AC:CF other than the Nintendo items.

Wings Don't Cry
February 20th, 2010, 10:10 PM
Pokemon Fire Red and Leaf Green.(why did it take me six attempts to type an upper case "R"?)

Just couldn't stand it, seriously R/S/E was much better, in Fr/Lg you couldn't even evolve some Pokemon without the National Dex. Who ever said the Mach and Acro bike were bad were obviously weren't thinking, at least it was much better the bike in Fr/Lg. To all those people who hated how R/S/E got rid of the Day and Night system well FYI Fr/Lg didn't have it either and at least R/S/E gave you a clock. What's so bad about the water in R/S/E, it wasn't that big of a deal. I quite enjoyed how it had the best water features. Fr/Lg was meant to be the biggest hype for hand held gaming back in 2005 and it failed to meet all of my expectations, except giving Moltres a better location and move set.

Phazon
February 20th, 2010, 10:19 PM
But there's waayyyy more to AC than that. You should at least acknowledge that...

To be honest I can't really even think of any memorable items added in AC:CF other than the Nintendo items.

I know, but it's not like ACCF is deprived of anything that the other 2 games had. It just didn't do much new. I thought ACPG was better, but ACCF was still a good game.

Eпvy
February 20th, 2010, 11:08 PM
I know, but it's not like ACCF is deprived of anything that the other 2 games had. It just didn't do much new. I thought ACPG was better, but ACCF was still a good game.

I mentioned a few things that AC:CF actually took away from AC:WW. Namely animal pictures and the "mansion" house size.

Those were quite something to take away. The animal pictures were a popular feature in AC:WW, and it gave a lot of fans the motivation to keep a friendship with the animals and ultimately to keep on playing it altogether.

There's basically no reason to talk to the animals in CF at all, by the way. That is quite a downgrade too if you ask me.

And AC:CF is lacking plenty of what AC:GCN had. Quite a few of the animals that were present in the GCN version are still gone, the balls are gone, we still have the silly gate instead of the train (you can say it's not a bad change, but really it added to the atmosphere on AC:GCN), still no signboards and bushes, a few of the holidays are missing, the option to ask for errands from animals is missing, etc. etc.

PokeFreakBror
February 21st, 2010, 01:20 AM
I don't really have one. Reason? Simple: Be extra careful of what games you buy; make sure that it is really worth the money!
I only go for games that are sure to bring a load of fun to the player.

That's a good reason you have, but the reason of this thread is for people to tell about how they felt a about a game which they thought would be good, but just wasn't. For example, if i were to buy a bad game and i of course don't know it's bad, but it's one of the mario series so i except it to be good, i come home, play it and find out that it sucks. That's just how this thread were meant for.

Barney.
February 21st, 2010, 08:06 AM
Resident Evil 5.

I went in expecting a next gen Resi 4, and I got some awful co-op based stuff. Also..Why isn't it scary anymore!?

A Pixy
February 21st, 2010, 09:33 AM
Sonic 06.

Yeah, I don't think I need to say much more.

TheBigMan0706
February 21st, 2010, 03:11 PM
Ratchet & Clank Future: Quest for Booty. It's way too short to be a sequl to Tools of Destruction

Haunter Master
February 21st, 2010, 03:17 PM
Sonic 06.

Yeah, I don't think I need to say much more.

http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u288/callmewingus/Macros/ScruffySecond.jpg

It was terrible. I was hoping for more of an Adventure 2 feel.

And twocows:
HOW.
DARE.
YOU.

It's a great game, and it has a different feel than L4D has, to me it feels like a completely different game, and I like that.

imveryhungry
February 21st, 2010, 09:56 PM
CoD4, all of my friends were all "ZOMG BEST GAEM EVER!!!!!11!1oneoneone!!!" but when I played It I got another mediocre FPS that was about as fun as watching paint dry, and the sequel (MW2) is even worse.

A Pixy
February 22nd, 2010, 09:14 AM
Ratchet & Clank Future: Quest for Booty. It's way too short to be a sequl to Tools of Destruction

It's a download game, it's supposed to be short. You expected a 10 dollar game to last as long as a 70 dollar game?

TheBigMan0706
February 22nd, 2010, 11:42 AM
It's a download game, it's supposed to be short. You expected a 10 dollar game to last as long as a 70 dollar game?

Maybe especially if it's a sequal to a $70 game

Okami Chi
February 22nd, 2010, 11:46 AM
Sonic the Hedgehog. (The new one) It got so much hype and it looked amazing, you play it to find it was the crap of the bottom of the shoe of the gaming world. I'm a fan boy of Sonic so it was a big let down. I think even Shadow the Hedgehog was better. :(

Raaji
February 22nd, 2010, 11:52 AM
Maybe especially if it's a sequal to a $70 game
I don't think it was a sequel to the game, just downloadable add on.

A Crack in Time is the main sequel I believe.

Phazon
February 22nd, 2010, 08:28 PM
I mentioned a few things that AC:CF actually took away from AC:WW. Namely animal pictures and the "mansion" house size.

Those were quite something to take away. The animal pictures were a popular feature in AC:WW, and it gave a lot of fans the motivation to keep a friendship with the animals and ultimately to keep on playing it altogether.

There's basically no reason to talk to the animals in CF at all, by the way. That is quite a downgrade too if you ask me.

And AC:CF is lacking plenty of what AC:GCN had. Quite a few of the animals that were present in the GCN version are still gone, the balls are gone, we still have the silly gate instead of the train (you can say it's not a bad change, but really it added to the atmosphere on AC:GCN), still no signboards and bushes, a few of the holidays are missing, the option to ask for errands from animals is missing, etc. etc.

I can't say much about ACWW, because I barely played it. Those things you mentioned about ACPG are pretty true. When I played ACPG all the time I never really thought too much of them, but I seem to notice the atmosphere it creates when I go back and play now. I also agree that the neighbours in ACCF are repetitive and tend not to say anything worth listening to.

I think that ACCF lacks originality and is ACPG with better graphics and more stuff. It lacks the impact ACPG had on me, so I don't prefer it, but I find that improved graphics and more content is all ACCF needed. The basic formula of the prequels remains, but I still find that entertaining and it's nice that it takes even longer than before to do everything (I'm not going to list everything you can do in AC, it'd take forever) while being as enjoyable as ever. I think the series needed a console game with online too. That gave ACCF a lot more replay value imo.

Oh yeah. You forgot about the NES games in ACPG. I loved those; it's a shame they're gone now :/

GengarNightmare
February 22nd, 2010, 09:04 PM
Dragonball: Raging Blast. The graphics and cutscenes are great (which is why I bought it), but the melee system sucks IMO; all the attacks seem even more repetitive than BT3, and it was already pushing it.

And the energy clashes look super wimpy/fake. Again BT3's was better.
Final Fantasy XII. I like the game and all, as the battle system is super fun, but I really disliked basically every character except for Baltheir, who was pretty awesome.Same here. I don't think Basch was that bad either, but I hate the rest especially Vaan. I mean, he sounds like he's got a cold, and he's consistently whining!

And the story seemed....I don't know how to word it.....unorganized? It was like the developers had a few cool ideas (like the Espers and the Sword of Kings) but they needed another good while to get their stuff straight before they started actually making into a game. I haven't expected epic stories from FF in years, but the way XII ended felt... sorta premature. I got to the end and felt like "Wow, the end already?" which really took me out of the game. To this day I can't bring myself to pick it up and finish it off.I know! It felt like there should have been one more segment of game left after defeating Vayne. And the whole Bahamut thing seemed to come from nowhere with no explanation, whatsoever. I was quite confused at this point.

jmadude
February 22nd, 2010, 09:56 PM
My biggest disappointment was Star Wars the Force Unleashed (Don't ask why I got the monstrosity). The game did have good graphics but it was very limited to what you could do you couldn't even revisit worlds freely without a stupid mission to do.

xPsychosocial
February 23rd, 2010, 01:44 PM
Sonic Unleashed. Just hated it sooo bad. =\ I can't believe I pre-ordered it. I've been a big fan of Sonic for years and this was a real let down for me.

Cassino
February 23rd, 2010, 03:30 PM
Sins of a Solar Empire. The gameplay, the primary selling-point part of the game, may seem novel but it has already been done by the older Imperium Galactical series, and better in my opinion. As I'd long played that before, I was underwhelmed with how the gaming industry appears not to to have since added anything to their gameplay concepts, rather than recycle old ones in the hopes that people had forgotten or that they could distract them with 'new' features (cue fridge logic (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/FridgeLogic) moment as you realise said features could've been in the prequel of a given game and were in fact in older games). Graphics and sound are meh for this day and age too which doesn't help.

Verdict: I'm a retro 3D fan for a reason.

Guillermo
February 24th, 2010, 04:26 AM
Darksiders: Wrath of War.

Don't get me wrong, it's fun and all, but the storyline is utterly pathetic. It's not strong at all. It's like a filler to throw you into the action. It's too much of a God of War rip-off.

Revise Librarian
February 24th, 2010, 05:30 PM
Naruto: Clash of Ninja Revolution 3.

They nerfed so many characters and removed Ino Yamanaka. I liked Revolution 2 better.

Tekno-Kanix
February 28th, 2010, 12:54 PM
Bioshock.

What the hell are you people raving about? It's an average shooter with sub-Resident Evil notes read aloud by a variety of ethnicities.

Atmey Detective
February 28th, 2010, 01:10 PM
Transformers 2, revenge of the fallen (Wii version) £40!? for that peice of ********!?!

TheReal
February 28th, 2010, 06:47 PM
GTA 4, since i prefer San Andreas to it, bahh.
Pokemon Fr/Lg, these remakes should never exist. To be honest, the years of the third generation until the 4th comes out were awful! Pokemon R/S/E and Fr/Lg were the worst Pokemon games.

Lil MuDkiP849
March 1st, 2010, 09:15 AM
I know some will disagree, but since im a VERY big fan of the series, i was one of the people who were VERY disappointed with resident evil 4, and EVEN MORE disapointed with resident evil 5-

Resident Evil 4- Well, this is the game that got so many action kids into the RE series, as well as spawned MANY leon fanboys. Im an old school resident evil player, i thought the new camera angle was interesting, but overtime, the game just didnt feel like the *resident evil* so many people have come to know and love...the game itself wasn't scary at all compared to masterpiece RE games like RE0, REmake, CVX, you basically HELD your item box(aka making you a one-man army) and most of all, the game took everything that made the *survival* aspect so important in past RE games, and threw it away with the fact that enemies you kill drop soooo much ammo and even cash. In REmake if you killed an enemy, it'd come back later to try and kill you lol.

Okay okay, it was a fun game for some people, i had fun for about the first 1-2 playthroughs, but even during my first playthroughs, i thought the story was HORRIBLE. Why the heck did capcom decide to just DESTROY umbrella?? It's like, if you actually had an idea of what was going on in the RE universe, you'd be mindblown to even THINK umbrella would be destroyed. So it's like im playing, and im like *...so who the heck ARE the bad guys anyway?* you literally find out they're a random religious-like terrorist group in Europe that holds a castle and a military base as hideouts and apparently under the castle there were fossil parasites that controlled people depending on diff. *strengths* of the parasite inside their central nervous system when revived. All the while during these ludicrous story points (the reason why im saying these story arcs for the series are ludicrous, is because every single monster or transformation in the past RE games, had an EXPLANATION, like a note or something, also on that it's never explained how Krauser can have a parasite within him and can just go back and forth between human hand and that claw thing, ugh god capcom -_-)) your dealing with Ashley whom i thought made the experience terrible for me, for reasons everyone should know why. The only good thing about the game for me was wesker made an appearance and he had *master plans* so that got me excited for resident evil 5....

Resident Evil 5- The co-op is fun, mercenaries is great, versus is lol, ...and that's it with this game. I had such high hopes for this game to resurrect the series with it's original hero, Chris Redfield, and bring back the zombies i wanted back very dearly. However, i didnt get my wish. The TGS 2007 trailer got this game extremely hyped, but it was nothing of how the final project came. Chris had a partner, Sheva Alomar, to help him to ease off the apparent bio-terrorists in the area(Irving). You also find out that Jill's dead, which got me REALLY hyped for the game. But what it delivered, was pure sh*t. I can't beleive people actually enjoyed the story of this game. I try and enjoy it i really do, but the fact remains that with this game, resident evil, having the most awesome story and great characters, has gone in the wrong direction and won't ever go back. The Chris in this game is nothing like the Chris i loved from RE1 and CVX. Sheva is constantly just butting in conversations so it makes it like she has an important role in this game, oh yea and she was about to ditch after the Ndesu(or el gigante as people STILL call it) she just joins up back with Chris because *They're pahtnuhs, till' the end* which was jus lol. I'll admit i really like the wesker flashback scene(i also havent played lost in nightmares) but then after that, there's nothing. Most of the time in the levels you simply just see chris and sheva going foward in the level, shooting the majini(STILL NOT zombies -_-) from level to level.

The answers that diehard re fans like myself wanted so bad failed to deliver, and what they did to *you know who* with wesker (i wont spoil it for anyone) with her blonde hair and all. When i got to that part and found out it was her, i dropped my controller and said *That's just the final straw* she ran up walls, she growled, and seriously, SHE HAD BLONDE HAIR! The explanation they gave for that was out of left field. You also find out that wesker sold EVERY sample of the virus' from past re games for...money, yea really. Sure, he used the progenitor for the uroboros virus, which was pretty cool to find out honestly, but other then that, i cant beleive capcom really jus tossed everything that made the classic re games so good, and changed it into the things that the past games tried NOT to be. So, in the end of the game, SHEVA shoots the rocket at wesker, not jill(which makes no sense because jill was held in hostility for like what, 3-5 years in a cryogenic sleep? how the hell could she not want revenge for that compared to someone whose only known wesker for a couple of hours?) and they just...fly off. It was such an empty ending that just had no emotion, and dont deny, your really left there looking at the credits thinking *thats really it?* and basically, yea, it really is. They tried to bring back some of the good things back from the old games, such as how many items you can hold, but it just failed, you STILL were a one man army like in the last game.

Oh yea, and before i end my post, i just want to say the mercenaries reunion characters, barry and rebecca, are just the biggest insult to old school re fans out there. Its the biggest excuse from them towards the old fans who paid for the old, camera angled, survival horror, stand and shoot games to bring back these golden characters for a mini-game??? Seriously??? If you want to know why im really upset with this, the reason is why the heck couldn't they have been in the main story????

Gunn
March 1st, 2010, 06:52 PM
TimeShift.

It looked like sweet awesome sauce on a stick. I thought the whole ability to control time at your own expense was cool. Thinking the game was going to be well-implemented enough so that the idea did not become repetitive... it didn't. Instead, the game turned to be some bland and over-done FPS with the time control as some side order you wouldn't care about.

I dunno. I believe that if it was put into the hands of another developer (and maybe if it turned into an RPG) it would be more successful.

'Nother game is Left 4 Dead 2. It was fun while it lasted and I only play the first Left 4 Dead now. |:

rockshock28
March 1st, 2010, 07:13 PM
Halo 3. I was like, "This is gonna be awesome!" Then ten minutes later, "It's okay." 30 minutes, "What the...." an hour, "WHY DID I PAY FOR THIS?!"

mattman324
March 1st, 2010, 07:53 PM
Hoo boy. Looks like I'll be starting a flame war here. You all ready?

Pokemon Red.

Yeah, not Ruby, Saphire, Firered, Diamond, nothing. I mean RED. It really isn't as good as you people say it is. Sereously, it's more of a historical curiosity nowadays, and I only played it the first time recently (At least it wasn't Yellow. The only good thing that came out of that game were pokemon sprites and the three starters, the rest were terrible). I mean, SEREOUSLY! The game engine is horrably laughable, you can spam Venusaur's Razor Leaf to get you through the game until Abra and Gastly and the Legendary birds, then it doesn't even challange you!

I would say Silver, but when I was a kid, I liked those games. Now, when I go back... ugh. (Anyone care to look at the region of Johto? Not only can it be horridly sequence-broken, it's really to lineir. If you complain about RSE's region, remember it's a LOT like Kanto, just bigger.)

Tudsworth
March 3rd, 2010, 04:26 AM
Halo 3 in my opinion. I know, hate me all you want, but with so much hype in the Halo series. I was expecting alot more, but I could never really get into it. It didn't really excite me =/. Maybe that's just me though.

I agree with this. I gave in to the hype, bought Halo 3. I really regret buying it, because I didn't have that much fun with it. I keep it, though, because the multiplayer is good, provided you have friends willing to play.

インフェルノの津波
March 3rd, 2010, 05:38 AM
Fossil Fighters, and Megaman Starforce 3, Black Ace.

Fossil Fighters was very stupid, another dinosaur game. I thought it was good, but I was dead wrong. I might have just well had played Pokemon.

Black Ace was more horrible than Starforce 2. I enjoyed Rogue coming back, but it just was...a bit bland. The graphics were good, but....Starforce 2 had more plot than 3. In 3, I meet Geo's dad. But, everything else was bad. The bosses where easy (I beat Red Joker by not even using Noise Form!), only Crimson Dragon served a problem.

In Starforce 2, EVERY BOSS WAS HARD. I lost against Phantom 4 times before I beat him....don't get me started about Rogue with his sword....11 times...ugh.

Also, one more game. Kirby Super Star Ultra. Let's just say I sold it the same day I bought it.

Nikorasu
March 3rd, 2010, 09:49 AM
Ofcourse, i forgot sonic heroes! Man, that sucked ass.

Ricky429
March 3rd, 2010, 08:42 PM
Need For Speed: Pro Street. It was THE worst nfs game of the entire series. I bought it thinking it was like nfs hot pursuit 2 for the gamecube which was IMO the best nfs game in history.

Terra's Pants
March 5th, 2010, 02:31 PM
Valkyrie Profile: Silmeria.

Zeta Patchouli
March 5th, 2010, 04:02 PM
Dragon Ball Z: Sagas

Okay, this game honestly looked pretty fun while it was being developed, but when my brother and I played it, we were disappointed. We sat through the whole game, beating it in two nights, and it was ****! We are both big DBZ fans, in fact it's my favorite anime/manga, and it is definitely my brother's favorite anime/manga by leaps and bounds. This game just ignored a bunch of stuff about the show, and... it was like the developers weren't even trying.

We tried to like it, we really did, but it was just fail. I still have the game, actually, but I haven't touched it in years. That game should have been awesome, but it wasn't, and that sucks.

MrGhost
March 6th, 2010, 09:52 PM
White Knight: Chronicles.
One of the only games I've ever had to yell obscenities at the main characters for being generic corny speech spewing idiots. It was pitifully easy, and almost impossible to play without going insane.
Glad I got to return this game and was able to get Heavy Rain instead, which was awesome.

RYOUKI
March 7th, 2010, 07:20 AM
Naruto: Ninja Destiny and Naruto: Ninja Council 3. I was rewatching the naruto anime and got interest again. i bought two games, bost coast $50, so that'll be $100. I WASTED MY MONEY.It's because just beat 10 characters and you WIN.THE.GAME.PERIOD. Nothing more. Zilch. Nada. I should have just bought Pokemon Trozei if I knew the game is gonna suck. Though atleast Ninja Council has a replayable value, unlike Ninja Destiny. <.<;;

Jado
March 7th, 2010, 08:48 AM
I know some will disagree, but since im a VERY big fan of the series, i was one of the people who were VERY disappointed with resident evil 4, and EVEN MORE disapointed with resident evil 5-

Resident Evil 4- Well, this is the game that got so many action kids into the RE series, as well as spawned MANY leon fanboys. Im an old school resident evil player, i thought the new camera angle was interesting, but overtime, the game just didnt feel like the *resident evil* so many people have come to know and love...the game itself wasn't scary at all compared to masterpiece RE games like RE0, REmake, CVX, you basically HELD your item box(aka making you a one-man army) and most of all, the game took everything that made the *survival* aspect so important in past RE games, and threw it away with the fact that enemies you kill drop soooo much ammo and even cash. In REmake if you killed an enemy, it'd come back later to try and kill you lol.

Okay okay, it was a fun game for some people, i had fun for about the first 1-2 playthroughs, but even during my first playthroughs, i thought the story was HORRIBLE. Why the heck did capcom decide to just DESTROY umbrella?? It's like, if you actually had an idea of what was going on in the RE universe, you'd be mindblown to even THINK umbrella would be destroyed. So it's like im playing, and im like *...so who the heck ARE the bad guys anyway?* you literally find out they're a random religious-like terrorist group in Europe that holds a castle and a military base as hideouts and apparently under the castle there were fossil parasites that controlled people depending on diff. *strengths* of the parasite inside their central nervous system when revived. All the while during these ludicrous story points (the reason why im saying these story arcs for the series are ludicrous, is because every single monster or transformation in the past RE games, had an EXPLANATION, like a note or something, also on that it's never explained how Krauser can have a parasite within him and can just go back and forth between human hand and that claw thing, ugh god capcom -_-)) your dealing with Ashley whom i thought made the experience terrible for me, for reasons everyone should know why. The only good thing about the game for me was wesker made an appearance and he had *master plans* so that got me excited for resident evil 5....

Resident Evil 5- The co-op is fun, mercenaries is great, versus is lol, ...and that's it with this game. I had such high hopes for this game to resurrect the series with it's original hero, Chris Redfield, and bring back the zombies i wanted back very dearly. However, i didnt get my wish. The TGS 2007 trailer got this game extremely hyped, but it was nothing of how the final project came. Chris had a partner, Sheva Alomar, to help him to ease off the apparent bio-terrorists in the area(Irving). You also find out that Jill's dead, which got me REALLY hyped for the game. But what it delivered, was pure sh*t. I can't beleive people actually enjoyed the story of this game. I try and enjoy it i really do, but the fact remains that with this game, resident evil, having the most awesome story and great characters, has gone in the wrong direction and won't ever go back. The Chris in this game is nothing like the Chris i loved from RE1 and CVX. Sheva is constantly just butting in conversations so it makes it like she has an important role in this game, oh yea and she was about to ditch after the Ndesu(or el gigante as people STILL call it) she just joins up back with Chris because *They're pahtnuhs, till' the end* which was jus lol. I'll admit i really like the wesker flashback scene(i also havent played lost in nightmares) but then after that, there's nothing. Most of the time in the levels you simply just see chris and sheva going foward in the level, shooting the majini(STILL NOT zombies -_-) from level to level.

The answers that diehard re fans like myself wanted so bad failed to deliver, and what they did to *you know who* with wesker (i wont spoil it for anyone) with her blonde hair and all. When i got to that part and found out it was her, i dropped my controller and said *That's just the final straw* she ran up walls, she growled, and seriously, SHE HAD BLONDE HAIR! The explanation they gave for that was out of left field. You also find out that wesker sold EVERY sample of the virus' from past re games for...money, yea really. Sure, he used the progenitor for the uroboros virus, which was pretty cool to find out honestly, but other then that, i cant beleive capcom really jus tossed everything that made the classic re games so good, and changed it into the things that the past games tried NOT to be. So, in the end of the game, SHEVA shoots the rocket at wesker, not jill(which makes no sense because jill was held in hostility for like what, 3-5 years in a cryogenic sleep? how the hell could she not want revenge for that compared to someone whose only known wesker for a couple of hours?) and they just...fly off. It was such an empty ending that just had no emotion, and dont deny, your really left there looking at the credits thinking *thats really it?* and basically, yea, it really is. They tried to bring back some of the good things back from the old games, such as how many items you can hold, but it just failed, you STILL were a one man army like in the last game.
I agree with you on RE4. It may have been rated Game of the Year, but that just shows most video game fanboys/fangirls are impressionable idiots who will go for anything that looks pretty and has good gameplay. Graphics and new gameplay dynamics aside, the game's plot was ridiculously bad (it was like something taken directly from a cheesy action film) and its cast of characters was mostly weak (I really only liked Salazar >_>). Unlike the Resident Evil games that came before it, it also was not scary. It was as though Capcom completely drained the franchise of its fear factor.

I also disliked RE5, but not as much as RE4. This is because I found its plot so poor that it was humorous. I could not help but view it as a parody of an action adventure/horror film. However, I disagree about Chris. He never had a personality. The only thing different about him in RE5 was that he was pumped with steroids and had the power to punch boulders.

I think Barry should have been in RE5, since he had one of the biggest conflicts with Wesker in the series ("WHAT ABOUT MY FAMILY?!"). He, Jill, and Chris should have all killed Wesker together.

Furthermore, I hated how Spencer was suddenly killed by Wesker. He was one of Umbrella's founders and therefore one of the biggest villains in the series, yet he just dropped dead in a barely minute long flashback. Personally, I would have had Wesker die in RE5 and have Spencer take over from there. He had potential, but Capcom threw it away.

xDangerous
March 7th, 2010, 01:07 PM
Sonic and the Secret Rings X_x I expected it to be like the other Sonic games but when I began playing it, it was jut way too confusing and hard to understand.

thedestinedblade
March 7th, 2010, 02:32 PM
White Knight: Chronicles.
One of the only games I've ever had to yell obscenities at the main characters for being generic corny speech spewing idiots. It was pitifully easy, and almost impossible to play without going insane.
Glad I got to return this game and was able to get Heavy Rain instead, which was awesome.

Yeah, definitely a disappointing game. I admit that I only got halfway until I was unable to take all those points you brought up, lol. I sold my copy of it as well.

ヴェントゥス
March 7th, 2010, 02:48 PM
Biggest Dissappointed game I think would be some of the sonic games, and some DS games. One game I dont like is this Dragon Ball Z game i have that uses cards, I forgot what its called xD

Eucliffe
March 7th, 2010, 02:55 PM
Ruby and Sapphire. Just not as interesting, pathetic Game Corner (you couldn't win Pokemon from it in gens. III and IV, but I kinda liked Sinnoh's meager hold item selection plus the slots itself so I don't hate it too much), aaaaand nothing really too fun. Emerald, on the other hand, I liked. Personally, I like Emerald's Battle Frontier WAY more than the gen. IV BF. But this is about disappointments, not things I like. I just wanted to make note of the fact that Emerald I liked in contrast to RS.

Adding to the list, Valkyrie Profile: Covenant of the Plume. I just didn't like how you had to kill somebody off in order to beat all the baddies and move on. I'm one of those people who dislikes killing nakama.

mugenhavok
March 8th, 2010, 03:53 PM
castlevania 2 simons quest......its god awfull omg and when it says "what a horrible night to have a curse" i almost killed myself....and dont even get me started on the whole tornado thing. i mean there isent even anything that tells you to do that!

oFrEqUeNTx
March 8th, 2010, 05:04 PM
Prototype. Bleh, the story was awful, the controls were terrible, and there was so much going on in the game sometimes it would freeze my PS3. It was alot less then I excpected...

PokeFreakBror
March 9th, 2010, 03:45 AM
Me posting on my own thread? Weird, but i need to post, i have wanted to say in all eternity! That means about two months, but the most dissapointing game i have ever played is definently. Legend of Zelda Spirit Tracks. What a waste of money and time.

The controls were fcked up bad. The storyline is ridicoules, and how the hell did hyrule get unflooded (it's a sequel to phantom hourglass where hyrule is flooded). And no pieces of hearts?! And the train ride is slow as a snail lifting a car -_-. And the train upgrades are horrible, all they do is make your train ugly and have a little extra life. And i don't even know if there was any sword upgrades (i sold the game before i even got any). And the trains had been there since ancients times? ! Hyrule had just been flooded for gods sake. Whew... it's nice to finally get this stuff off hand ....

Esmas
March 9th, 2010, 02:01 PM
"Kingdom Hearts: 358/2 Days" was probably THE biggest video game disappointment in my life. I know a lot of people will be against me, but the horrible, messy graphics and confusing gameplay imo is just a bad game. For how much it cost me and for all the choices I had, it was a total rip-off. I mean, I had the choice between a bunch of games like Rangers: Shadows of Almia and Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Sky, but my choice was that. Ugh ;__;

...And maybe Diamond was a bit of a disappointment, but it was still good, just not as good as I'd hoped.

GodofPH
March 11th, 2010, 04:49 PM
"Kingdom Hearts: 358/2 Days" was probably THE biggest video game disappointment in my life. I know a lot of people will be against me, but the horrible, messy graphics and confusing gameplay imo is just a bad game. For how much it cost me and for all the choices I had, it was a total rip-off. I mean, I had the choice between a bunch of games like Rangers: Shadows of Almia and Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Sky, but my choice was that. Ugh ;__;

I have to greatly disagree. I thought the series was ported to the DS very well, and I was particularly impressed with how well the control scheme was ported onto the DS. As for the graphics, it is again, the DS and for the system, it has some pretty nice 3D. Not to mention the story almost brought me to tears.

As for disappointments, Sonic Heroes immediately comes to mind. I remember in 2003, when I had come to love the Sonic Adventure titles on the Gamecube and their darker stories; then this game comes along with a heavy dose of linearity and a much lighter story. I wanted Sonic Adventure 3, not this.

kollkolen
March 15th, 2010, 12:46 AM
Zelda II
The Adventure of Link, you are tasked with restoring six crystals to their respective palaces across Hyrule in order to access the Great Palace and claim the Triforce which has the power to break the spell that is enchanting Zelda. The game is well known for its extreme difficulty, introduction of side-scrolling gameplay and an experience/leveling system, as well as spells (taught throughout the game by different wise men) that can be used in combat and for completing certain parts of the game.

loliwin
March 15th, 2010, 02:30 AM
Some people may disagree with me, but I think Pokemon Battle Revolution was the biggest disappointment for me. I thought it looked awesome when I first saw it, but when I played it, I thought it was the worst Pokemon game ever made. The commentator just pissed me off (even though you could shut his mouth. :) ), it was kinda slow for me, and there was not much to do. Plus online is just, bad.

I like Pokemon Colosseum and XD Gale of Darkness though. :)

sgspacemonkey
March 24th, 2010, 07:48 AM
Has to be Assassins Creed! I had decided to pre-order the limited edition off of Play and was so excited for its release. It was one of those shiny cases with the holograms on, which means quite a lot to me as I’m a bit of a collector. It all went wrong however. My friends got it a day early and started telling me how good it was. I waited, it never came. Day of its release, still no delivery. A week later, nothing. My excitement all the while was getting more and more intense, my frustrations getting worse. I was absolutely distraught and didn’t know what to do in case it was lost in the post, but ended up ordering a used limited edition off Ebay. I reckon Play had lied to me, given out more pre-orders than they could handle as that copy of it never came, and I had to wait ages to get my refund. The one off Ebay did arrive, and despite the odd dent it was in relatively good condition. Anyway, I had hoped all of the wait and frustrations had been worth it; I chucked the game on and... Well... it wasn’t exactly what I had been expecting it to be. The game-play was repetitive and boring and the world itself wasn’t really that immersive. I ended up never finishing it. Such a shame, as it has an incredibly good concept for a game.

zhfac
March 24th, 2010, 07:19 PM
MW2 had a great campaign but I hate the MP. When you unlock the half decent guns, it isn't bad, but at he beginning it is hell when you have like the worst guns when everyone else has thermal snipers and the works.

SegaSaturnGal
March 27th, 2010, 09:33 AM
Five words: Sonic and the Black Knight. Secret Rings was okay, but Black Knight was ABSOLUTE CRAP. I don't even play it anymore.

AmitieFan985
March 27th, 2010, 09:35 AM
Now for my list of games that I've found to be disappointing:

Spyro Enter the Dragonfly: If this game weren't rushed, it'll probably be just as good as the PS1 games.
Bubble Bobble Double Shot: No save or password feature.
Kirby Squeak Squad: Imo, this game was a letdown to me.
Super Smash Bros. Brawl: Still a good game, but for some reason, didn't enjoy it as good as Melee.
Banjo-Kazooie Nuts 'n Bolts: Why put vehicles in the game?

institutions
March 27th, 2010, 09:48 AM
Left 4 Dead 2 -
Preordered and waited for a month up until the release. I played the demo over and over and loved it. Since I got it on the day of release, I've only played each chapter once.

Mirrors Edge -
Oh my god. The demo had me going "This will be the greatest game EVER." Really disappointed. Would have liked a larger free-roamable game type. Instead, every corner I turn, there are more enemies. The buying point for me was the great first person free-running controls. Outside of prologue, I hated it. Don't get me started on the Time Trials/Speed Runs.

Grand Theft Auto 4 -
Please, please let us go to the other islands right off the bat next time. I don't want to play through the storyline to be able to roam free around the city. I bought this game for the same reason I did the other GTAs, bloody rampages and helicopter getaways.

Phantomhanako
March 27th, 2010, 10:16 AM
Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Explorers of Sky
I have to agree with you.
I expected a different storyline from the second one!
The special missions were okay but WAY TO SHORT.
;_;
I still play it though...
xDDD

TickleTot
March 27th, 2010, 10:23 AM
Castlevania Judgement was.

ソラ
March 29th, 2010, 02:20 AM

I have to mainly disagree as well. Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days was very exceptional game. When does graphics make the game? for one that is GOOD graphics for a 3D Ds game, Square-Enix has been known to push the limits in to carts/PS2 Disc, they pretty much use every space they can put into just a cart, the game play is pretty much the same as KH/KH2, just the Panel system was different, the lock on was different, and the "Short-Cut" was still there. Not to mention the scenes where it shows the "Ps2 graphics" were in there, Plus voice acting, which made it even more better. yeah Days is ONE game that I would highly recommend getting.

I found another disappointing game...
FFVII DoC. I mean it was okay. just bored me to death. Sorry, It wasnt as I expected it to be.

GaggliusHacks
March 29th, 2010, 02:48 AM
pokemon diamond (GBC)....engrish is funny now that i play it again

ソラ
March 29th, 2010, 03:04 AM
pokemon diamond (GBC)....engrish is funny now that i play it again
Off topic:
you do realize that isnt a legit Pokemon game.
its a Japanese game, that isnt close to Pokemon >_>

Mr Marine
March 29th, 2010, 03:24 AM
Zero wing,HOW ARE YOU GENTLEMEN ,ALL YOUR BASE ARE BELONG TO US

The intro was the best part ,the game sucked over all

second dissapointment was assasin creed,It fail x.x

Cello
March 29th, 2010, 04:44 AM
Pokemon Battle Revolution for the Wii.
You buy it thinking it would be the next pokemon stadium, but then find out it is everything BUT pokemon stadium.

-There are no rental pokemon, just rental passes, which you are very limited on. It's kind of dissapointing buying the game RIGHT after you start over your version too, 'cause they expect you to use your own pokemon.
-You only have a few stadium matches with different difficulty levels. Absolutely NO cup series or Gym matches.
-No fun mini-games.
-No Earls library to teach you all the cool move combos that you never knew existed.
-Nothing to unlock. Seriously, unlocking that mewtwo battle in Stadium 1 was like the most epic thing ever.

The only good thing about it is random Wi-Fi battles.

Agent Clank
April 1st, 2010, 07:30 PM
Splinter Cell on The DS I Was Super Excited To Get Home and Play Then :disappoin Oh My Goodness It Was a Major Dissapointment.

TundraCanine
April 1st, 2010, 08:18 PM
...And maybe Diamond was a bit of a disappointment, but it was still good, just not as good as I'd hoped.

the main problem I had with D/P/Pt, was that there was never really any diversity in the main story teams, I mean they usually consisted of your Starter, Floatzel (If not water starter), Staraptor, Garchomp, Luxray, and maybe 1 other.

Shiiny Pikachu
April 2nd, 2010, 11:21 AM
Probably Scribblenauts (for the nintendo ds). The controls are horrible,and the game gets boring way too fast.

Ichigo_Kurosaki
April 2nd, 2010, 02:33 PM
SimCity Societies-I mean come on THREE disasters. they couldve atleast included the fire.Also I despise the fact that there are no zones. That just completely ruined it for me,

*cuts in half*

Snooki Polizzi
April 2nd, 2010, 03:58 PM
The Sims 3 & the expansion pack
It was such a let down, so many bugs and the game released with no good hairs or clothes. World adventures is stupid, I hate exploring tombs, the replay value is minimal. Even with an overwhelming number of mods and hacks I've implementted in the game, i've just lost intrest in the sereis.

Also, Every "Sonic" game after Sonic The Hedgehog (2006)
I hate only being allowed to play as just Sonic. I love all of Sonic's friends! I love being able to play as each of them and seeing each of the awesome cinematic story lines unfold and eventually connect each of the playable characters. Oh and I LOVED the Chao Garden in Sonic Adventure 1 & 2. These new games they keep releasing for the Wii are so lame as if designed for 3 year olds. The games themselves seem to be reverting back to old tradition of making a 2D/3D side scrolling sonic who does nothing but run extremley fast to the end of a level, that's not fun, why do the majority of the fans think it is?

Finally, Paper Mario (Wii)
I loved the series on the Nintendo and GC, but what the hell happened to the Wii version? Instead of getting to recruit actual characters I got to unlock stupid little sprite fairys. The game wasn't even in 3D, it was so annoying flipping between the two, I didn't even finish the game.

I know I was only supposed to pick one, but I couldn't decide x_x. Let's just say that so far there hasn't been a Wii game I actually liked.

CyanideEspeon
April 2nd, 2010, 05:44 PM
To me, the most disappointing video game I've ever played is Shrek the Third for Xbox 360.

KingCharizard
April 2nd, 2010, 06:31 PM
Modern warfare 2, for ps3

callumcee
April 3rd, 2010, 12:35 PM
For me it would have to be Halo 3, before I got an Xbox360 my friends hyped that game up something awful. I just didn't enjoy the campaign or online at all.

TheUltimateSacrifice
April 5th, 2010, 01:20 AM
Every single console game since the N64 and PS1.

An Imperialist named Dak
April 5th, 2010, 05:18 PM
I would say the conduit

I knew it wasnt going to be amazing, but i didnt expect it to be as horrendous as it was.

Bad Graphics(even though the developers said they were good)
Lame single player and ending
Laggy and unbalanced multiplayer.

Sold it for $16 bucks(gamestop 2 months after it came out)Best sandwich and pack of gum i've ever bought.

latioslegends
April 6th, 2010, 06:02 PM
Company of Heroes Tales of Valor: Not saying its bad, but $30 for this?

Mirros Edge: Loved the art design, and sense of speed and parker, but.... the story and the length just weren't worth the price tag.

Command and Conquer 4: I expected something good, but the demo changed my mind. The graphics seemed like a downgrade, and the game play was a mediocre attempt at copying Company of Heroes, or Dawn of War. I hope EA at least ended the plot good.

Saryka
April 6th, 2010, 07:52 PM
Final Fantasy XII. I was seriously so excited to play it, and was so happy when I got it for Christmas.

But, honestly... that game was a mess. I didn't like the characters (save for Balthier, he's awesome), I didn't like the plot, and I REALLY didn't like the battle system (too much real time for me... haha, I know, I'm weak).

thedestinedblade
April 6th, 2010, 07:57 PM
Every single console game since the N64 and PS1.

Haha, that's a bit much, no?

wee187
April 6th, 2010, 07:59 PM
Final Fantasy XII. I was seriously so excited to play it, and was so happy when I got it for Christmas.

But, honestly... that game was a mess. I didn't like the characters (save for Balthier, he's awesome), I didn't like the plot, and I REALLY didn't like the battle system (too much real time for me... haha, I know, I'm weak).

Funny, FF12 is my all-time favorite FF game and I've played them all. xD Ashe just wins! Different tastes I guess :P Though I admit FF12 International was a HUGE improvement off of the orginal FFXII.

My biggest disappointment would be Pokemon Pearl. I dunno why, Sinnoh is too techy for me. Oddly enough... I loved Platinum. (wtf lol!? O_O)

TheUltimateSacrifice
April 7th, 2010, 04:44 AM
Haha, that's a bit much, no?

I kid you not, dear fellow.

Besides, would I lie to you?

Vindel
April 7th, 2010, 06:18 AM
Mass Effect 1: I honestly loved this game, but I thought it was going to be longer. :(

Borderlands: The action isn't as cool as I thought it was going to be.

Kingdom Hearts 385 1/2 Days: I just couldn't get into it.

Any new Sonic/Mario game: What happened?

PokeFreakBror
April 9th, 2010, 12:00 PM
I kid you not, dear fellow.

Besides, would I lie to you?

Wow.... every single video game console? Even the dreamcast and all the portable ones? If it is, then please, i would like a reason to your dissapintment.

Heart's Soul
April 9th, 2010, 04:41 PM
E [beep] T for the [beep] Atari 2600. [beep], it's such a piece of [beep], it [beep] makes [beep] MW2 look [beep] good. I'd pay a [beep] dollar for it and nothing more. I think I found a copy in Value Village, I want it for funsies.

Ninja Caterpie
April 9th, 2010, 08:38 PM
Shin Megami Tensei: Devils Survivor.

It's a great game and the plot is intriguing, but that's part of the problem, actually. I was playing it all funsies, I get up to the first boss, and all my characters are OHKOd. I'm not grinding for hours just to beat the first boss! No way! I wanted to see how the plot continued, too; how the story pans out, but no, it has to be so. Damn. Hard.

Vindel
April 10th, 2010, 04:23 AM
Oh, Final Fantasy 7. Am I missing something? I don't see how this is the best game ever.

PsychoJigglypuff
April 10th, 2010, 06:43 AM
Pokemon Battle Revolution for the Wii.
You buy it thinking it would be the next pokemon stadium, but then find out it is everything BUT pokemon stadium.

-There are no rental pokemon, just rental passes, which you are very limited on. It's kind of dissapointing buying the game RIGHT after you start over your version too, 'cause they expect you to use your own pokemon.
-You only have a few stadium matches with different difficulty levels. Absolutely NO cup series or Gym matches.
-No fun mini-games.
-No Earls library to teach you all the cool move combos that you never knew existed.
-Nothing to unlock. Seriously, unlocking that mewtwo battle in Stadium 1 was like the most epic thing ever.

The only good thing about it is random Wi-Fi battles.

I second this so much. I adored the Stadium games, and when I heard of Battle Revolution, I thought that it would be an improved Stadium game with all of the new Pokemon, but in the end it was a major disappointment.

Also, all of the Raving Rabbid sequels, with the exception of Rabbids Go Home, were rather disappointing, since it was pretty much the first game, except without a clear goal, and watered down mini games. There was actual challenge, in the first game.

Although, I was expecting Rabbids Go Home to be disappointing as well, since I got it for Christmas instead of a game I really wanted. I have tried to trade it in to Gamestop a few times, but I ended up not doing it. After a while, I finally sat down and played it with a friend, and to my surprise, it was actually fun. It kept our attention for hours, which is hard to do, since I am distracted easily.

Heart's Soul
April 10th, 2010, 08:13 AM
Battle Revolution won't even LOAD PROPERLY on my system (that's for copying your friend's disc). It just freezes. I looked around a bit and it was actually cut down because of ESR[beep]B.

RandyPanda
April 10th, 2010, 11:45 AM
PBR was pretty awful, but SSBB was extremely disappointing, just because it was overhyped and online was AWFUL.

Heart's Soul
April 10th, 2010, 12:35 PM
E.T. still takes the trophy. Do not play it, people didn't want this game when it was FREE.

Rairde
April 12th, 2010, 01:59 AM
Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising

How disappointed was it playing that first day? I almost threw my controller through my television.

I was on the Xbox 360 version and had told all my English, Irish and Welsh mates that this game was going to be ten times better than Call of Duty. United States release dates are earlier than Europe's and they all pre-ordered the game. They were hot under the collar, to say the least.

loliwin
April 12th, 2010, 02:28 AM
E.T. still takes the trophy. Do not play it, people didn't want this game when it was FREE.
Haha, Atari lost millions of money just because of that game. :)

poopydude
April 12th, 2010, 02:46 AM
Duke Nukem fornever /end thread

loliwin
April 12th, 2010, 02:50 AM
Duke Nukem fornever /end thread
lolz, Thats taking forever to make, hence the name of the game lol

AbomaPwn
April 12th, 2010, 04:37 PM
lolz, Thats taking forever to make, hence the name of the game lol

Actually, they announced that they stopped making the game a while ago. I think I read it on GamesRadar or something.

Anyway, my biggest disappointment was in Twilight Princess. Don't get me wrong. I loved every fiber of that game. I adore the Zelda games. However, the Ganon fight at the end of the game was way too easy. Simply child's play compared to the dungeon bosses. It really was anti-climactic.

PokeFreakBror
April 13th, 2010, 09:39 PM
Actually, they announced that they stopped making the game a while ago. I think I read it on GamesRadar or something.

Anyway, my biggest disappointment was in Twilight Princess. Don't get me wrong. I loved every fiber of that game. I adore the Zelda games. However, the Ganon fight at the end of the game was way too easy. Simply child's play compared to the dungeon bosses. It really was anti-climactic.

Well that's also something i found dissapointing, but this thread was made for people to talk about a video game that was dissapointing, not something in a game that IS dissapointing. But now that i look at the title of this thread, it does say video game dissapointment, and could refer to anything in a video game.

Neo Pikachu
April 14th, 2010, 02:06 PM
Revolution X for SNES. The arcade version was awesome, but the SNES version was a terrible sack of crap. I wasn't surprised to see it on Seanbaby's 10 worst games of all time, though reading his rant about it was absolutely hilarious.

zmajevi
April 14th, 2010, 03:58 PM
My biggest dissapointment was Darksiders.
Its like playing the wii if yo try everything out (5 hours)it is soo boring.

UncheckedSanity
April 14th, 2010, 04:54 PM
The Legend of Spyro: Dawn of the Dragon.

Sure, I heard that it was going to be an awesome game and everything. But, it was too cliche and horrendous for me.
Like... the fact that the entire game style looked. The first two games( A New Beginning and Eternal Night), had the cutest styles to them. Which is why I let those two slide. But this one ruined everything... and made Cynder's chest look a lil' too big. Which is a scary image for me when it comes to dragons/reptiles. :/
And another thing... Me being able to finish the game in 6 hours is not cool for a game that costed 35$! >_<; It was the hugest dissapointment AND waste of money!

And for so many other reasons... I could practically write a novel. But, i'll stop where I am. -___-

Manga
April 15th, 2010, 03:55 AM
Most dreadful?

Grand Theft Auto.

I realized it's just plain Ol' violence..And,it wasn't what I expected..But,It's just my opinion.