PDA

View Full Version : Best of The Original 3 Crash Bandicoot Games?

Doogle3097
February 18th, 2010, 07:54 AM
I am a huge fan of Crash Bandicoot, and have been for a long time, and for those who have ever played them, which is your favourite?

For me, it's Crash Bandicoot 2: Cortex Strikes Back. It's my favourite because not only was it the first ever video game I owned, but it is still fun to play 13 or so years later. :P

TheBigMan0706
February 21st, 2010, 06:40 PM
Crash 3's the best because it wasn't hard as the first two Crash games...

RadiosX5
February 22nd, 2010, 12:42 AM
It's a tie between Cortex Strikes Back and Warped

CSB: I found this one to be very entertaining and introduced a new plot element for future games in the purple crystals

Warped: Easier, much more of a thicker more detailed story and MOTORCYCLES!!!

Akeraz
February 22nd, 2010, 02:54 AM
Gonna have to say Cortex Strikes Back.
First crash game I ever played, and the one I enjoyed most.
I didn't really get the same enjoyment out of the first game, and the third game was a bit too overdone, imo.

Wings Don't Cry
February 22nd, 2010, 02:54 AM
Cortex Strikes Back was the best since it had the funnest levels and it had a good difficulty level. The first CB game was just ridiculous, I'm looking at you Sunset Vista, took me over 2 hours to complete. Also the bosses in CB weren't very good which is probably why they never show their faces again until CTR. Or in N.Brio's case Cortex Strikes Back but as a good guy. Wasn't CSB the first Crash Bandicoot with a plot?

TheBigMan0706
February 22nd, 2010, 08:21 PM
Cortex Strikes Back was the best since it had the funnest levels and it had a good difficulty level. The first CB game was just ridiculous, I'm looking at you Sunset Vista, took me over 2 hours to complete. Also the bosses in CB weren't very good which is probably why they never show their faces again until CTR. Or in N.Brio's case Cortex Strikes Back but as a good guy. Wasn't CSB the first Crash Bandicoot with a plot?

Cortex Strikes back was a nightmare for me to play because all of the color gem challenges are abuse for me to complete (I'm looking at you Bear it!)

SIN1488
February 22nd, 2010, 10:26 PM
I wouldn't know which one, since I only played my friend's game a few times. I just remember dying really fast every time, mainly from running into those explosive boxes. I liked the game though, and they had some cool bosses from what I remember.

I think the makers of these games went on to make Jak and Daxter, right? Did they ever make a Crash Bandicoot game for the PS2?

Wings Don't Cry
February 23rd, 2010, 12:20 AM
I wouldn't know which one, since I only played my friend's game a few times. I just remember dying really fast every time, mainly from running into those explosive boxes. I liked the game though, and they had some cool bosses from what I remember.

I think the makers of these games went on to make Jak and Daxter, right? Did they ever make a Crash Bandicoot game for the PS2?

Naughty Dog stopped while Crash Bandicoot was still on PSone, the last Crash game they made was CTR(before Crash Bash).

SIN1488
February 23rd, 2010, 03:36 AM
Naughty Dog stopped while Crash Bandicoot was still on PSone, the last Crash game they made was CTR(before Crash Bash).

That's too bad, I won't be getting a PS anytime soon just to play that. But if they had one for the PS2, that would be cool.

Rokusasu
February 23rd, 2010, 01:44 PM
Warped. My best childhood memories involve playing that game with a very dear friend of mine. :3

Left4Dead
March 8th, 2010, 03:26 PM
Argh! I didn't see the bottom option before I clicked haha, but for me it's a tie between the first two.
Crash Bandicoot 1 was one of the first games I ever owned on the PS1 and although it was insanely hard for me at the time, looking back it was so fun, the feeling of finally beating Cortex at the end was so rewarding, plus I enjoy saying Papu Papu out loud lol.
Crash 2 was equally good in my opinion. Although, I preferred going round Islands to going up an elevator thing to get to the next stage. I did however like that when you pressed certain buttons before going up the lift you could battle the bosses again.

Such good times, forget your new "HD graphics" and your "online gaming". This was where the fun was "back in the day" lmao.

Magic
March 8th, 2010, 03:29 PM
Warped :) Loved that game.

(Though Crash Bandicoot Racing was pretty darn epic, should have totally been on that list :P)

Code
March 8th, 2010, 03:34 PM
Cortex strikes back. So fun, I can't even say. The first PS1 game I ever played.