PDA

View Full Version : LGBT (Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transexual) anyone?

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

Alpha King
February 20th, 2010, 08:03 PM
This is just a thread that I wanted to start to find any LGBT people.

I myself am bisexual. Kind of omnisexual, no preference, looks aren't a matter with me.

I want to find others on PC, because labels are a part of our life, even though they SUCK, it's not like we have other things to say, like if you were confronted would you go on a rant about how labels are stupid and you are who you are (even though that's truly what we wanna say, but still..) . If you're straight, I guess it doesn't matter if you wanna talk about things. I like to see other LGBT's opinions on gay marriage, and basically the rights. Or you can talk about your life? It doesn't matter.
I also want to find a trans on this site. That would make life way awesomer :)

Ursula
February 20th, 2010, 08:16 PM
Sigh. Another thread like this =3=;
They sprout up from time to time :c

I'm gay. I've only recently been open IRL about it, but I've admitted it to myself for the past 6 or 7 years lol. (:
Personally, I'm for gay marriage. I want to get married one day. I want to adopt children one day. I want to have a somewhat normal life. Except with a guy. D:
Is that too much to ask? ):

Chloè
February 20th, 2010, 08:18 PM
I'm semi-bisexual. If I fell in love with another woman, then yes, there would be a possibility, I just am more attracted to males. I watch and enjoy Yuri / Yaoi (shonen ai / shojou ai), so I guess I'm pansexual as well, as I see if you love someone, it shouldn't matter what gender they are.

Eurydice
February 20th, 2010, 08:31 PM
im a lesbian. i have told my friends but not my family, they are kinda anti-gay. so i figure i will wait until i move out to tell them.
i think that gays should be aloud to marry. love is love, it shouldnt matter what gender they are.

Spikey-Eared Pichu
February 20th, 2010, 08:40 PM
I'm gay, proud to be. I'm deeply in love with a guy who's sexually confused (I'm very...hoplessly romantic, I guess, lol). I love yaoi =3 Hahah and I'm a very open person. I'll talk to pretty much anyone who needs advice or just wants to talk.

Link to my thoughts on the gay stereotype:
http://www.pokecommunity.com/showpost.php?p=5436435&postcount=32

Objection!
February 20th, 2010, 08:49 PM
I want to find others on PC, because labels are a part of our life, let's just try to cope with it and talk to others like us.

I don't know why but that statement sounded wrong to me...

Isn't the whole point of the Gay Rights thing to make gays and bisexuals seen as everybody else? If somebody is straight you generally don't say they're straight, it's just basically a defualt category that has to be proven wrong.

Isn't the goal to add all the others to that so nothing has to be proven wrong, as being gay is the same as being straight? I dunno, that's how I percieved it.

So you're saying that you're always going to be labeled that way, and that's OK, because it's all in the job description? That sound pretty prejudiced.

And you say like us in a wierd sort of context. Are you implying that you're different from everybody else? Stranger? Better? More open-minded?

You probably don't mean it that way, but that's kind of how it came off to me. I don't really care about gay marriage either way, being raised in a pretty much neutral area, just as long as nobody tries to convert me...

Um... that's about all I have to say, so... carry on, I guess.

P.S. What's a Transexual?

EDIT: Oh. M-kay.

Spikey-Eared Pichu
February 20th, 2010, 08:55 PM
Transexual-Someone who undergoes sexual reassignment surgery and has an active sex life as a member of the opposite gender. Or, someone who dresses and acts like a member of the opposite gender both during their daily lives, and during sex.

Kura
February 20th, 2010, 09:08 PM
I'm completely straight and I personally think that most people on PC are gay to be honest with you. It wont be hard to find a community.

I'm thinking of starting a straight club or something because there's a gblt one and I think it's wrong to leave people out.

xLogan
February 20th, 2010, 09:10 PM
Wellllllllllll...I'm bi, technically. However, I tend to like guys more most of the time. They're usually easier for me to understand, but that's probably because I'm a guy myself?
I've dug//dated girls in the past, and it never really seemed like it was right for me when I dated them. I'm not sure how to explain it...

Jubilation
February 20th, 2010, 09:11 PM
We're renaming Pokecommunity, Gaycommunity.

I'm gay myself, and I'm only open to afew friends. I'm partially a gay activist, I believe we should have the same rights as any other couple.

Objection!
February 20th, 2010, 09:14 PM
@ Kura: Dude, did you even read my post? Most people are generally straight, and I don't think liking Pokemon makes you gay. Though Pocket Monsters could sound suspicious...

*Shakes Head*

There are plenty of straight people here, most likely the larger percentage. Where in the world did you get the idea that most people on PC were gay?

That club would be a waste of this forum's space. This club is for people who aren't really accepted, or want to talk to somebody with the same tastes as them. In a straight club there would be nothing to talk about.

You don't get thrown out of your house for being straight. You don't lose respect in people's eyes for being straight. It would be pointless.

Dukey
February 20th, 2010, 09:17 PM
It's a surprisingly large amount, Objection! xD;

Vyro
February 20th, 2010, 09:18 PM
The great and powerful lord Darkly the straight laughs at you all.

Jubilation
February 20th, 2010, 09:19 PM
I'm going to ask, but why would you laugh at us?

xLogan
February 20th, 2010, 09:19 PM
You don't get thrown out of your house for being straight. You don't lose respect in people's eyes for being straight. It would be pointless.

Too true. What would the "straight community" discuss anyway? I'm kinda curious on that.

Objection!
February 20th, 2010, 09:21 PM
Ramen: Yes, but a few dozen compared to the thousands on this forum isn't much. Also, is that a smiley or a sad face?

Darkly: You say you are darkly straight, does that mean you are sour about being straight? Perhaps deep down you do want to make out with hawt guys. XD

Logan: That's what I'm saying.

Vyro
February 20th, 2010, 09:22 PM
I'm going to ask, but why would you laugh at us?

Not for your sexual preferences, but because you feel that you should hide it.

Zorua
February 20th, 2010, 09:25 PM
Transexual-Someone who undergoes sexual reassignment surgery and has an active sex life as a member of the opposite gender. Or, someone who dresses and acts like a member of the opposite gender both during their daily lives, and during sex.

No.

Transexuals are those who are not satisfied with their biological gender, and have a desire to live like the opposite gender/act like the opposite gender. They don't have to have surgery. And they don't have to crossdress, either.

Just making corrections~

Objection!
February 20th, 2010, 09:25 PM
Darkly: Are you sure about that? Because that would imply that:

A) You're gay and very open about it, in which case you see these people as weak-willed.

B) You think that just because they're gay doesn't mean they should hide it, which could be seen as hypocritical

xLogan
February 20th, 2010, 09:26 PM
Not for your sexual preferences, but because you feel that you should hide it.

Dude, it's not as easy as you'd think to come out and be open about it. My dad had a fit when he found out I had a bf and pretty much forced us to break up before he sent me to live with my mom so I couldn't see my now ex anymore.

Jubilation
February 20th, 2010, 09:26 PM
We don't feel we should hide it, in most cases we have to. People are killed for being gay.

And Logan, that sucks : (

Objection!
February 20th, 2010, 09:29 PM
We don't feel we should hide it, in most cases we have to. People are killed for being gay.

And Logan, that sucks : (

Hey, I'm all for you guys, and I support you, but that's untrue.

Perhaps years back when you could get killed for being black as well, but not in this day and age. Sure, there's the occasional mugging-gone-wrong, but that happens to straight people too.

It may seem that way for those of you seen as outcasts, but straight people get treated about the same as gay people in that respect.

Jubilation
February 20th, 2010, 09:30 PM
When was the last time someone was killed for being straight I wonder.

ソラ
February 20th, 2010, 09:32 PM
I'm Pansexual. (At first I thought I was bi :X )
But, Yeah. I like someone for who they are, not by gender or looks.

Objection!
February 20th, 2010, 09:32 PM
When was the last time someone was killed for being straight I wonder.

That's my point. Nobody has been killed for being gay either, at least in this decade.

Zorua
February 20th, 2010, 09:34 PM
Hey, I'm all for you guys, and I support you, but that's untrue.

Perhaps years back when you could get killed for being black as well, but not in this day and age. Sure, there's the occasional mugging-gone-wrong, but that happens to straight people too.

It may seem that way for those of you seen as outcasts, but straight people get treated about the same as gay people in that respect.

On the contrary, I would say less than say a handful of states in America support gay marriage. In this day and age, people are still touchy about homosexuality, unfortunately.

Jubilation
February 20th, 2010, 09:34 PM
Wrong, Lawrence Fobes King was killed for being gay,

Click. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/E.O._Green_School_shooting)

xLogan
February 20th, 2010, 09:35 PM
It was pretty terrible...:( But, my mom is fine with it, unlike my dad. It happened like, a year ago, and she's still waaaay pissed that he'd do that to me. :/

And, yeah. People aren't killed for being straight. At least, not that I've heard of.

Kura
February 20th, 2010, 09:36 PM
@ Kura: Dude, did you even read my post? Most people are generally straight, and I don't think liking Pokemon makes you gay. Though Pocket Monsters could sound suspicious...

*Shakes Head*

There are plenty of straight people here, most likely the larger percentage. Where in the world did you get the idea that most people on PC were gay?

That club would be a waste of this forum's space. This club is for people who aren't really accepted, or want to talk to somebody with the same tastes as them. In a straight club there would be nothing to talk about.

Obviously most people are generally straight but there's a significant gay community on this forum, and many of the regulars are gay hence why I said most people here are gay. Just a thing I've noticed from being an old member from 2004 and someone who comes on PC at least twice a week. Liking pokemon doesn't have anything to do with sexual preferences.

I personally feel that saying that a club for straight people is a waste of space almost seems like a weird type of discrimination against a majority of people. I'm sorry that I find it actually somewhat offensive. I would think that in a straight club people could talk about how they might have trouble understanding the opposite sex or trying to get a girlfriend or boyfriend.. why should a club only be for gblt and not one for everyone?

Some people actually do scoff at people who are straight.. some people are starting to insist that everyone is at least somewhat bi. Although it may not be as drastic as getting kicked out of the house or anything, sometimes straight people actually get outcasted from a group of gay friends (I speak from experience) because they don't want to be so outwardly blatant about their sexuality. Although not all gblt are like this, I can speak from experience that there are some that are.

In short, if someone is gonna make a club, why should it be restricted to only a certain type of sexuality? Straight people have relationship problems too.

I'm not saying this to diss gay people or anything, I just wish that everyone could be fair to each other. I hate how a lot of people are currently separating gays from straights and I think that sexuality shouldn't even matter when it comes to making friends and getting along with people.

In short, I don't appreciate you shaking your head at me because I feel disrespected. I hope I am not being treated differently FOR the reason that I am not gay like you (I don't think this is the case, but I just wanted to make sure), and I hope now that you see what I had to say in a different, more rounded context.

Objection!
February 20th, 2010, 09:38 PM
On the contrary, I would say less than say a handful of states in America support gay marriage. In this day and age, people are still touchy about homosexuality, unfortunately.

I didn't say that everyone was OK with it, I said nobody kills people for being gay.

@ Whoever You Are: That's the exception that proves the rule. It was an idiotic teenager most likely overun with hormones. It's not OK, but that doesn't happen much at all anymore.

Obviously most people are generally straight but there's a significant gay community on this forum, and many of the regulars are gay hence why I said most people here are gay. Just a thing I've noticed from being an old member from 2004 and someone who comes on PC at least twice a week. Liking pokemon doesn't have anything to do with sexual preferences.

I personally feel that saying that a club for straight people is a waste of space almost seems like a weird type of discrimination against a majority of people. I'm sorry that I find it actually somewhat offensive. I would think that in a straight club people could talk about how they might have trouble understanding the opposite sex or trying to get a girlfriend or boyfriend.. why should a club only be for gblt and not one for everyone?

Some people actually do scoff at people who are straight.. some people are starting to insist that everyone is at least somewhat bi. Although it may not be as drastic as getting kicked out of the house or anything, sometimes straight people actually get outcasted from a group of gay friends (I speak from experience) because they don't want to be so outwardly blatant about their sexuality. Although not all gblt are like this, I can speak from experience that there are some that are.

In short, if someone is gonna make a club, why should it be restricted to only a certain type of sexuality? Straight people have relationship problems too.

I'm not saying this to diss gay people or anything, I just wish that everyone could be fair to each other. I hate how a lot of people are currently separating gays from straights and I think that sexuality shouldn't even matter when it comes to making friends and getting along with people.

In short, I don't appreciate you shaking your head at me because I feel disrespected. I hope I am not being treated differently FOR the reason that I am not gay like you (I don't think this is the case, but I just wanted to make sure), and I hope now that you see what I had to say in a different, more rounded context.

Ok, I'll answer this piece by piece, in no particular order.

I'm not gay, I was speaking for gay people and if you'll read my first post you'll see it said "as long as they don't try to convert me..."

I shook my head at my own Pocket Monsters comment, not you.

I understand where you're coming from, but those threads should be clubs on, like you said, getting a girlfriend or boyfriend, and not generaliz to a sexuality. You say you don't wants gays and straights to be differentialized, yet your first suggestion does just that.

I also understand the outcast part, there is a particular group of gays at school that basically harass everybody else, and get off for being "misunderstood", or "in emotional turmoil".

The club idea's themselves are fine, just take out the "You have to be straight" part, and I'm fine with it.

Jubilation
February 20th, 2010, 09:40 PM
You can't say, "it never happens." Yet when I prove you wrong, say it's the exception.

xLogan
February 20th, 2010, 09:41 PM
Well, yeah. Straight people do have relationship issues. That's a given, considering everyone gets those. But, still. Straight people don't have to worry about some things, such as digging on another straight person, but you can't tell them because you're freaked that they'll flip out because you're the same gender.

Zorua
February 20th, 2010, 09:46 PM
I didn't say that everyone was OK with it, I said nobody kills people for being gay.

@ Whoever You Are: That's the exception that proves the rule. It was an idiotic teenager most likely overun with hormones. It's not OK, but that doesn't happen much at all anymore.

I'd watch those words if I were you. It's still going on. |: (http://pinknews.co.uk/2010/02/11/northern-ireland-man-may-have-been-killed-for-being-gay)

Dirtyjerry
February 20th, 2010, 09:49 PM
I'm not gay or bisexual, but I do believe that if you love someone you should be with them. Love shouldn't have restrictions.

Objection!
February 20th, 2010, 09:50 PM
You can't say, "it never happens." Yet when I prove you wrong, say it's the exception.

I didn't say it never happens, I said they're not any different from straight murders.

You dug that up on Wikipedia, but do you know how many school-shootings kill straight people as opposed to gays? That ratio would be roughly 10:1.

It's chance. Just because one kid doesn't like a resident gay doesn't mean ten more straights won't be killed just for being at school. In fact, there are probably more angry gays shooting up places than homophobics.

And yes, I can. If you find two or three more RECENT incidents like that and then tell me no gays have gotten angry and killed straights, I will concede. Until then, it is an exception.

Sorafune: I meant straight people shooting people specifically because they're gay.

Logan: No, but we do have to worry whether or not they'll talk to us, reject us, humiliate us, ect. Gays just have an extra barrier to the numerous ones everybody must face.

Eпvy
February 20th, 2010, 09:53 PM
If you're looking for a trans you've found one... >_<

Jubilation
February 20th, 2010, 09:54 PM
Yes, straight people die all the time, but they are not targeted for being gay. That's all I'm saying.

Feign
February 20th, 2010, 09:55 PM
Soooooooooooo

funny that this came up today...

I just came out to my sister as being gay (today, though it had nothing to do with this thread).

She took it very well...

I think I have been feeling this way since elementary school... Though never had teh courage to bring it up, until a friend helped me.

The funny thing is, before I accepted it myself (as being gay), I had thought of myself as being bi, as though I was trying to legitimate the fact that if I were bi, I could still have a wife and a child or something like that... Now I am past that self denial.

:)

Objection!
February 20th, 2010, 09:57 PM
Yes, straight people die all the time, but they are not targeted for being gay. That's all I'm saying.

Did you even read my post?

Plenty of straights get killed by angry gays for being straight. An outcast will come to school and search out the person who outcasted them. They'll see somebody identified as straight, and kill them.

Most of the time they're innocent. So yes, straights do get killed for being straight.

Kura
February 20th, 2010, 09:58 PM
Well, yeah. Straight people do have relationship issues. That's a given, considering everyone gets those. But, still. Straight people don't have to worry about some things, such as digging on another straight person, but you can't tell them because you're freaked that they'll flip out because you're the same gender.

Yeah that's pretty true. There are a lot of homophobes out there.

I've actually found that in college, there are more people open to the gay community than back in highschool. I think that a lot of people should be more mature in highschool.. but then again, I can't change that.

I actually find it quite hurtful when a friend comes out of the closet, and then doesn't want to socialize with you anymore and then they start to hang out with another group of friends that conveniently happen to also be gay.
Sure this is a personal experience, but it goes both ways.

I just feel like when a gay comes out of the closet and they get outcasted for their sexuality then it's almost like a whole other situation..
but isn't it basically the same thing? Why is it different if the gay gets outcasted than if the straight person gets outcasted from friends?

I wish that people would just see everyone as just people. That's why I guess it bothers me when people feel that they should have a club or group or gathering and not include everyone. It reminds me of highschool and people who leave their friends just because they don't have the same sexual preferences as each other.

Why would people want to encourage that? I think it's sooo hurtful. If anything you guys should make a gblt support group for people who are having trouble. I'd totally be for that.

Edit: Objection, yeah I agree with you, and I apologise for that mixup, I misread your post and I thought you were gay.

インフェルノの津波
February 20th, 2010, 10:02 PM
Um...let me think...Straight?

Oh well. I like guys as friends. It had nothing to do with genders, mind you. But guys are really a turn off, especially where I live.

Also, girls are more fun then guys, they think more, they know what to say, most are considerate, etc. Guys are like this, but most aren't.

I'll know I'm gay when I start thinking about one of my friends...more then often.

Timbjerr
February 20th, 2010, 10:03 PM
I'm not gay or bi or trans or anything like that...if anything I might just be sexually oblivious or outright asexual. (That revelation may be a shock to old skool PC members that remember my newbie days with my perverted Brock-like persona XD)

I'm not a big fan of marriage to begin with, let alone gay marriage. I believe that if you love someone you don't need to prove it with a legal document. Both parties will know that the love is there and there's no point in trying to prove it to anyone.

Despite my history of flaming PC's gay community when I was younger and more immature, I will stand up to defend the gay community if the need ever arises nowadays. XD

Objection!
February 20th, 2010, 10:03 PM
Kura: But you said in your first post that you wanted to make a straight club, you could have said the you wanted to expand this one to deal with the things you just listed! I feel your pain, I really do, but you're not making any sense.

I agree with you completely, and I think it's wrong that some people think that just because they're gay they're not good enough for us. Or, most likely, we're not good enough for them. It's messed up and stupid, but that's life.

Kura
February 20th, 2010, 10:10 PM
Kura: But you said in your first post that you wanted to make a straight club, you could have said the you wanted to expand this one to deal with the things you just listed! I feel your pain, I really do, but you're not making any sense.

I agree with you completely, and I think it's wrong that some people think that just because they're gay they're not good enough for us. Or, most likely, we're not good enough for them. It's messed up and stupid, but that's life.
I hope you're not trying to fight.. cause.. I basically brought up wanting a straight club because I felt like well.. if gays have a club, why can't straights have one too? So basically I felt like no one should be left out.

But thinking about it again, I thought that instead of making a gay club for gay people to talk, it'd be better more to have a gay support group, so that ANYONE could join and offer help to people in tough situations about sexuality.

Then I thought about it again and figured.. hell why not just make a club just for all relationship problems whether gay or straight instead of two separate ones.

Hopefully that cleared up me not making any sense.

Vyro
February 20th, 2010, 10:24 PM
Darkly: Are you sure about that? Because that would imply that:

A) You're gay and very open about it, in which case you see these people as weak-willed.

B) You think that just because they're gay doesn't mean they should hide it, which could be seen as hypocritical

B. There is no reason for them to hide it.

Esper
February 20th, 2010, 10:26 PM
I've been attracted to people of both sexes, but I don't consider myself bi-, pan-, or omni- or anything-sexual. I don't like labels, I like people.

I don't think marriage matters if you love someone, but as long as it exists as an institution and people still want to get married I think everyone should have the option of marrying who they want to.

Objection!
February 20th, 2010, 10:30 PM
Darkly: In some cases and areas there actually is. I'm assuming you've picked hypocritical, so I'll elaborate:

Some parents or guardians are strictly against gayness, or are christians, which makes them unreliable sources to confide to.

Many friend groups laugh and joke about gay people all the time. Not in the good way. Would you tell all of your "Haha! He's gay! What a weirdo!" friends if you were gay?

I brought that comment down so much due to the rules here it actually looks fairly ridiculous. Anyways, it's harder for some than it is for others.

Feign
February 20th, 2010, 10:36 PM
Yeah to add, people think too much into the reprocussions, it is only natural. Someone not in that position would not understand... Plus there are those who are still in self-denial...

Just think, if you had a fundamentalist Christian family, and they support you otherwise monetarily etc. If you told them you were gay, they'd probably kick you out... We as humans don't want to feel that sort of rejection ever.

インフェルノの津波
February 20th, 2010, 10:42 PM
For people like me, since I'm a Muslim, I can't be gay anyway. According to my religions laws, if I become gay, I'm an abomination of the earth.

Objection!
February 20th, 2010, 10:54 PM
Ouch. Well, if you're Christian, you're an affront to God. And for Christians, that's basically the same thing as being an abomination of the world.

Eпvy
February 20th, 2010, 10:56 PM
Oh yeah, being gay is a sin. Just like a million other things that so many Christians conveniently "forget about".

Dukey
February 20th, 2010, 10:56 PM
If you're catholic, it really isn't up to you /shot.

Objection!
February 20th, 2010, 11:00 PM
Hey, I'm not saying I agree with them, I'm just saying that's what their ideals are. They're neither good or bad.

Feign
February 20th, 2010, 11:06 PM
I plan to tell my mom pretty soon :3

My dad will be another story though... (he believes people chose to be gay).

Objection!
February 20th, 2010, 11:12 PM
Well, you do choose. Just like you choose to be straight.

I don't believe in that "love at first sight" stuff. I can understand attraction or lust, but when it all comes down to it, you're making a choice. Those gay jerks at my school pressure kids to change sexuality's all the time, but they don't because they choose to be straight. Just like the bullies choose to be gay.

It may be a matter of opinion on my part, but you're brain can't see one person and process:

"OMG, I LOVE THAT PERSON, I'M TOTALLY INTO _____'S NOW!"

It doesn't work that way, though I do sympathize with you.

DonRoyale
February 20th, 2010, 11:16 PM
Yeah, I'm gay. I've had it as one of the points of my signature for a pretty long time now, actually. XD

However, one thing I really hate having to argue is why we shouldn't be afraid of our sexuality and just come out and say it. If you've never had to deal with the weight of keeping such a dark secret from the people you (arguably) care the most about, please don't just blatantly post "you should all just say it"; it's ignorant and, IMO, very rude.

People think it's just a matter of saying it and being done with it. If it were that easy, I would have told my parents right when I figured it out.

At 14, I thought I was bisexual simply because I couldn't accept myself as being homosexual. Now how could anyone expect me to tell my parents, my rather masculine friends, and my overtly "cool" acquaintances, when I'm an insecure teenager in high school, unsure of how anyone would react to it, and having to bear the added weight of homophobic slurs on top of the ridicule I had to put up with? I wasn't ready to tell myself I was gay, much less my parents.

I mean, both know now, but it took me 3 years to tell myself I was gay, and another two to tell my mom; and almost another year after that to tell my dad. A lot of it is insecurity; some people don't understand what's not the norm.

With others, it's simply a matter of the environment you're in. My family is extremely liberal, so thank God both of my parents accept me (pardon the pun), but some families are religious to the point where, if you're upfront about it, you're treated like an animal. It's not the easiest thing to say with how society still views it in general. You might be seeing a lot more widespread acceptance of it, but until we get marriage legalized in the US, it'll be pretty clear on how society as a whole stands on it. As sad a reality as it is, a lot of fear of coming out has to do with society's view on it as a whole, whether you, your friends, or your parents are the ones who share society's view of things.

tl;dr: it's not as easy as you'd like to believe it is. blatantly saying "come out already" isn't gonna make us come out any faster; we'll say it when we're damn well ready, kthnx.

Eпvy
February 20th, 2010, 11:17 PM

No... You do not choose who you are sexually attracted to.

Why do people even doubt this? I know that some people don't understand what sexuality really means and they think that being able to tell if somebody is attractive or not means that they are attracted to them, but no, we DO NOT choose what sex we are attracted to in that way.

Jesus oƒ Suburbia
February 20th, 2010, 11:21 PM
Why do I get the feeling that 'Objection' was made for this thread? >_>
I'm bisexual, I was born like that.
It's just your guardians who make you believe that everyone is straight and ****.
That's my opinion.
Don't kill me for having an opinion. >:

DonRoyale
February 20th, 2010, 11:24 PM

When will people realize that this is not something you can control? You don't wake up saying to yourself "I'm going to be homosexual today." You are or you aren't. If you've seen someone change, it's likely because they're insecure about their own identity and are trying to find themselves by seeing what they like and what they don't. It's not a matter of choice; it's a matter of finding where you feel you're most comfortable.

I mean, we all love to pick the side of the spectrum where we have to endure being looked at as prissy little queens who take it up the behind, hairstyle every famous artist imaginable, and sound like a fat tramp from the 60's. (I'm sure the female side can paint a more colorful picture than my idea of "butch biker lesbian" as the ridiculous stereotype.)

Rebelling against society's norms, eff yeah!

...Seeing a problem here? I sure am.

Objection!
February 20th, 2010, 11:38 PM
No... You do not choose who you are sexually attracted to.I never said you do. I said you don't automatically choose which gender you would like to most... erm...

Anyway, it's a matter of subconciously deciding what type of person you would most like to be with, and then following up on that.

You aren't born as anything. When you're born you could be the next Abraham Linchon or the second coming of Adolf Hitler. You are influenced and you make decisions.

When will people realize that this is not something you can control? You don't wake up saying to yourself "I'm going to be homosexual today." You are or you aren't. If you've seen someone change, it's likely because they're insecure about their own identity and are trying to find themselves by seeing what they like and what they don't. It's not a matter of choice; it's a matter of finding where you feel you're most comfortable.

I mean, we all love to pick the side of the spectrum where we have to endure being looked at as prissy little queens who take it up the behind, hairstyle every famous artist imaginable, and sound like a fat tramp from the 60's. (I'm sure the female side can paint a more colorful picture than my idea of "butch biker lesbian" as the ridiculous stereotype.)

Rebelling against society's norms, eff yeah!Yes, you can make your own decisions. You are not born gay or straight, you are not born predetermined to take it up the behind or chase poon. It's all about decisisons.

The way you live your life can influence you, and you can't just run around screaming "I can't control it! Don't look at me, I'm just fate's ragdoll to toss around as she pleases!"

You need to stand up for yourself and say "Yes, I did choose to be gay. I did choose to live this way, and I won't let any of you idiots put me down!"

I'm not saying it''s easy, but you can't use that excuse every damn time.

Why do I get the feeling that 'Objection' was made for this thread? >_>I wasn't made for anything, I've merely become interested with this thread.

I'm bisexual, I was born like that.Bullcrap. Read the above.

Jubilation
February 20th, 2010, 11:41 PM
Scientists have proven that gay people are born like that, and it's not any factor of their choosing.

Objection!
February 20th, 2010, 11:43 PM
I don't believe you. Prove it.

And even if they did, how would they explain Bisexuals?

helix
February 20th, 2010, 11:45 PM
If I must plaster a title on myself, well, I'm pansexual.
In my opinion, attraction is something that occurs, unrestricted by biological gender or otherwise. It shouldn't be suppressed or denied, and it just happens quite naturally- your tastes align with the person and attraction happens.
I choose to keep my preferences to myself because any sort of same-gender attraction is rejected in the country I live in, and can even be persecuted. I don't want to be judged or stuck with labels merely because I am not exclusive to feeling attraction towards one gender.

DonRoyale
February 20th, 2010, 11:45 PM
Why would anyone consent to decide to be a label of society and take all the ridicule and stereotypes that come with that?

Like, I didn't choose this. I chose to be bisexual, it didn't work for me because I just never thought about women that way...

By your logic, you can choose to be gay, though. Ask your parents, your friends; "What if I was gay?", and tell me the answers you get.

And try forcing yourself to be attracted to the same sex.

It doesn't work. Period.

Jubilation
February 20th, 2010, 11:47 PM
You prove me wrong, prove to me that people make their own decision to be gay.

Objection!
February 20th, 2010, 11:52 PM
Why would anyone consent to decide to be a label of society and take all the ridicule and stereotypes that come with that?

Like, I didn't choose this. I chose to be bisexual, it didn't work for me because I just never thought about women that way...

By your logic, you can choose to be gay, though. Ask your parents, your friends; "What if I was gay?", and tell me the answers you get.

And try forcing yourself to be attracted to the same sex.

It doesn't work. Period. You're not listening. If I wished to be attracted to men, I could be, but I don't want to be, so I'm not.

I am fully aware of what their reactions would be, don't play the victim card with me.

You would consent to being a label of society so that you could move to erase those labels. You're saying it's wrong, so by your logic Martin Luthur King Jr. was wrong.

You would stand up to the jack***'s that decided to make fun of you because you were different. You would set an example, saying that you were strong, and you weren't less than they were.

I'm not urging you to, because I realize how difficult that would be, but I'd rather you do that before saying "I can't control it, I was born that way."

Because that is untrue.

entrancer: Heh, I should go first to prove you wrong even though you were the one who brought up the topic first. Well, if you'll read any of my previous posts on the subject, you'll see my reasoning.

We aren't robots prepackaged to be certain things. We make our own choices and we have to accept them.

Tyrantrum
February 20th, 2010, 11:54 PM
I'm straight. I don't care if someone is gay or not, and I was friends with them. Wouldn't bother me one bit.

Yoshimi
February 20th, 2010, 11:57 PM
I don't believe you. Prove it.

And even if they did, how would they explain Bisexuals?
When a woman has babies, her body treats the baby as a virus of some sort and produces estrogen. It becomes easier for the female body to do so after having more male babies. Almost every science institute agrees that this happens mostly through the role of genes.
Well, that and I don't think anyone wakes up in the morning and says 'I think I'll just switch sexual preferences.' I have never met anyone who thinks like that.

Objection!
February 21st, 2010, 12:02 AM
The amount of estrogen or testosterom in ones body does not effect anybody's sexual preferences. I know, I asked it in Health class awhile ago. XD Case and point: I have 3 older brothers and not one of us is gay.

I did not say you change at the drop of the hat. I said gradually through changes a decisions on your part, you become straight, or gay, or bisexual.

Don: No, I did not mean my unfortunate pairing of words that way. I meant in general. Like a rapist must live with his sins, a burglar must deal with his guilt, and a lawyer must live with the fact that he is ruining people's lives.

I didn't mean it that way. People are saying you're born gay or straight, which in my opinion, isn't true. I was implying that it wasn't predestined for me to be straight, and if during my life I had felt attracted to men, I could have turned out gay. Nothing is set in stone.

I have gone through it fyi, my previous school was non too sure of which "team I played for", and my social life suffered for it. But I didn't let them put me down, and it eventually blew over because they knew I didn't care.

It's helping to erase it because back when being black was a crime, Martin Luther King, Jr. embraced the colour of his skin, and it inspired other people. I'm not saying you need to do something on such a large scale, Ii'm actually not saying you have to do anything, but I'm saying that's what I see a strong-willed homosexual doing.

This is all a matter of opinion, you must remember that. That, and the fact that I'm not calling you out, I'm perticipating in this thread, not trying to make anybody feel bad.

Ausaudriel: Dang, it does? Well, I apologize for that.

DonRoyale
February 21st, 2010, 12:21 AM
You're not listening. If I wished to be attracted to men, I could be, but I don't want to be, so I'm not.

You're the one not listening. I said in an earlier post that I wished I was attracted to women back in my teenage years. I tried it. It didn't work. Regardless of how much I tried to like women, I always felt awkward and uncomfortable around them.

And why exactly don't you want to be gay today, Mr. Objection!? Is it because you don't feel you're attracted to men? Guess what, I'm not attracted to women. But I can at least say I've made the attempt. Until you do, your point remains invalid to me.

I am fully aware of what their reactions would be, don't play the victim card with me.

Then do it. It becomes a whole different game when you're the victim, regardless of the degree to which you're said victim. Everyone doesn't treat you the same, accepting or not; you're suddenly "the gay guy", "the gay one", etc.

You would consent to being a label of society so that you could move to erase those labels. You're saying it's wrong, so by your logic Martin Luthur King Jr. was wrong.

Consenting to a label to erase it? Pardon? How is that doing anything to erase it? You're doing society a favor by painting a target on your forehead.

You would stand up to the jack***'s that decided to make fun of you because you were different. You would set an example, saying that you were strong, and you weren't less than they were.

Some people don't feel the need to be a martyr for people who are too insecure to outright say it themselves. If you want something that'll help push people out of the closet, and be a trailblazer, how about this: Get the world in general to stop being so damn ignorant about it. Maybe that oughta help.

I'm not urging you to, because I realize how difficult that would be, but I'd rather you do that before saying "I can't control it, I was born that way."

Because that is untrue.

OK, as of tomorrow, I'm going to stop thinking about how attracted I am to guys. I'm going to become straight, and be attracted to women.

Because clearly, that works with everybody.

We aren't robots prepackaged to be certain things. We make our own choices and we have to accept them.

You have worded this extremely poorly. You say that as if there are consequences for "choosing to be gay", which is the most ridiculous argument I've ever heard due to how utterly ignorant it is. If you have simply said the wrong thing, that's fine, but as is, you have made an extremely poor choice of words. And if you mean it, I downright pity your ignorance. :|

Ausaudriel
February 21st, 2010, 12:42 AM
Gay and been through the birth vs. choice debate with far bigger fish than Objection, etc., so I'm not going to get into it on PokeCommunity of all places. Looks trollish anyway.

There are a surprisingly large number of gay people around here... it's actually funny sometimes. XD;

DonRoyale
February 21st, 2010, 12:44 AM
There are a surprisingly large number of gay people around here... it's actually funny sometimes. XD;

Part of me wants to ironically blame this on the fact that society at large thinks Pokemon's "gay". XD

RE: That argument:
*shrug* k =D

Feign
February 21st, 2010, 12:46 AM
Gay and been through the birth vs. choice debate with far bigger fish than Objection, etc., so I'm not going to get into it on PokeCommunity of all places. Looks trollish anyway.

It does seem a bit trollish indeed :3

It is funny, indeed.

I'm still laughing at the fact that this thread was made on the same day I came out (or at least am starting to).

Serene Grace
February 21st, 2010, 12:56 AM
I'm straight. I've just never found myself attracted to men and even having sex with them seems slightly repulsive. But then, meh, that's just me. I respect gays because they get so much hassle for who they are. Sometimes I think it's the same as racial discrimination except maybe there are no groups out there to kill them. Most of my friends are gay, and I don't judge them - they are people not to be judged by their sexuality but by who they are.

Haza
February 21st, 2010, 01:02 AM
Seriously, the majority of Pokemon forums are run by us... and soon, the WORLD! Naw Im kidding... what r re talkin about???

Feign
February 21st, 2010, 01:03 AM
I think the funny thing is, as it is also a misconception, is that all gays like gay sex. I don't find that enitrely true... It's just like a relationship between a guy and a girl, it doesn't mean that the guy just wants to see her naked or something, and have sex with her (at least with serious relationships).

While sex does come, for the most part, part and parcel with being in a relationship, it isn't necessarily the end all thing... Even then, I know I'd rather go slow... Find a cute guy and go from there... Kind of like how a guy might go with a girl.

Of course there can be the whole talk of alternatives, especially for girls, but that's something else.

That's how I feel anyway, I don't feel overtly sexually charged or whatever.

Reina
February 21st, 2010, 01:57 AM
Just figured I'd jump in here after reading up on it.

I'm straight and have plenty of bi / gay friends and don't discriminate against them for it. Most of them are completely like my straight friends; of course, their personality not being decided by their sexuality. Except for one... I know the post above me by Feign brought up that they don't all like gay sex, but there was a short (about a week?) point in my life where I got angry with the idea of homosexuals in general because of this one fellow.

He's still my friend now, even though he gets on my nerves quite often. Every time we have a conversation, he somehow brings up gay sex. Not sex in general, just gay sex. It disturbs me, actually. I tell him "Just because I'm straight doesn't mean I bring up straight sex all the time". He gets angry with people for making fun of him for being gay, and I tried to explain that the fact that he always says things such as "buttsex!" and "gaysex!" randomly doesn't exactly help his case.

..of course, like I said before, I realized that this was just him in particular and of course have nothing against LGBT.

magikarptrainer
February 21st, 2010, 03:57 AM

Well, the point is people are struck by lightning. But that doesn't mean we live in fear of it happening. Because it is so incredibly unlikely.

Having said that. If I was gay, I would probably be very controlled about what I displayed. Not out of fear of physical harm, but just petty discrimination.

Scientists have proven that gay people are born like that, and it's not any factor of their choosing.

You certainly don't choose to be gay. At the same time, you are not born gay, and there is no science that proves that. When you are born, you are not even sexually developed. You have at minimum 10 years of biological, social and psychological influences before sexuality starts to develop.

I think the funny thing is, as it is also a misconception, is that all gays like gay sex. I don't find that enitrely true... It's just like a relationship between a guy and a girl, it doesn't mean that the guy just wants to see her naked or something, and have sex with her (at least with serious relationships).

If we're talking about an adult relationship. Then sexuality is a huge part, regardless, gay,straight,whatever

He's still my friend now, even though he gets on my nerves quite often. Every time we have a conversation, he somehow brings up gay sex. Not sex in general, just gay sex. It disturbs me, actually. I tell him "Just because I'm straight doesn't mean I bring up straight sex all the time". He gets angry with people for making fun of him for being gay, and I tried to explain that the fact that he always says things such as "buttsex!" and "gaysex!" randomly doesn't exactly help his case.

Yeah, I totally understand. It's a really awkward, uncomfortable situation. It's nothing to do with him being gay, just a bit socially slow. We use different topics of conversation depending who we are talking to. It's because we know what our friends/peers/etc are interested in or what's appropriate to talk about with them. Some just DON'T get it.

The Cynic
February 21st, 2010, 04:12 AM
Oh yeah, being gay is a sin. Just like a million other things that so many Christians conveniently "forget about".

Christianity is hilarious when it comes to homosexuality. Christian homophobes always quote Leviticus 18, completely overlooking the fact that Leviticus 11 prohibits the eating of pigs. Last time I checked the majority of Christians will happily eat bacon.

I'm pretty sure I'm straight. I thought I was bisexual during my teenage years before concluding that men were actually not that great.

My motto in life: "Try everything once. Except incest and folk dancing."

I heavilly dislike the using of "gay" as an insult. People use it as a sort of swear word you can get away with.

In the UK, and in most of Europe, homosexuality is tolerated 100% and we have actually got to the point where the country adores gay men as style icons and lesbian women as comedians. I'm not sure if this is right or not, but at least it shows we are tolerant, if slightly stereotyping. The US is wildly different though. I don't think that some states are liberal enough to tolerate it at all *frowns at Alabama*.

I have plenty of LGB friends and I treat them as I would my straight friends. I do hate giving people labels though. We shouldn't see people as "gay" or "straight" or "curious" but by the person they are.

Weatherman, Kiyoshi
February 21st, 2010, 05:59 AM
Oh dear LORDY how did I miss this thread?

For anyone that actually knows who I am,
I'm gay.

I didn't choose to be attracted to males, I just am.
And I'm pretty good about it. ^^

I'm definately a guy, not a flambuoyant mess of a girl with male genitalia that the media and steryotypes make all gay people out to be.

and you know what? I'm pretty proud of it too. I mean, who the hell are you to be saying a sexuality that is just attracted to the same gender is wrong?

And about gay Marriage;
I will be married on day,
I will raise children (surrogated or adopted) one day,
And I will live my life the way I want to without somebody telling me I can't just because I am attracted to males.

And wanna know something else?
I'm a christain. :D

but not super-religious.
I just believe in God and Jesus, but I haven't gone to church since I was like, 5-ish, and I've never actually read the bible.
But this is the point: I don't believe in a bigoted God.

There is this baptist church in my community, that just HATES everyone. they even have thier website of things they believe god hates. Like Gays, mexicans, etc.
RIDICULOUS.

anyway, rant over.
How is everyone today? ^w^

XD

I have plenty of LGB friends and I treat them as I would my straight friends. I do hate giving people labels though. We shouldn't see people as "gay" or "straight" or "curious" but by the person they are.

This is also true.
I bet if I came out earlier than I plan to, so many people would not refer to me as they always do now.

And when I do fully come out, I bet people even in my family will refer to me as:
"*mom's name*'s gay son"
or
"*brother's or sister's name*'s gay brother"
or possibly just:
"The gay one."

WTF.
I'm gay, but that's not who I am. It's just my sexual orientation. Do you see me calling anyone "Oh, yeah, that's the straight one."?

General Bravo
February 21st, 2010, 06:08 AM
Point #1: I'm straight. Just want to make sure there is no misconceptions on that. No part of me is bi, as I find the idea of sleeping even in the same bed with another guy repulsive(though if you like that, go on ahead).

Point #2: Now, I'm not saying all LGBT folks out there need to shut up and hide away, especially considering anyone knows that ain't happening anytime soon. But, I am not an advocate for gay marriage. I don't know what the problem with unification ceremonies(I honestly don't know what they're being called right now)is. You can still call it whatever you want elsewhere. I don't see why the definition of marriage needs to be changed, when these ceremonies usually result in the same rights as straight marriages.

Point #3: I'd very much prefer not to have the argument that "everybody straight is really at least X% bi", because that's just plain wrong. I can usually tell if someone is gay, bi, or straight based on how they dress, talk, and act. I know that at least most of my straight friends are really straight. Not trying to be discriminatory, as much as it may sound like I am, but once you get good at it it's usually easier to spot differences(and I'm usually right with my observations, which I honestly find surprising).

Point #4: Not a fan of removing the "don't ask, don't tell" policy from the US military. Regardless of if you are openly LGBT, at any workplace, that is not where you express it. I wouldn't. Most people don't. It should be no different in our military.

Closing Statements: I understand the point here, but there's not a really big need for this. LGBT folks aren't being lynched or anything, and you've got your forums, groups, literature, and many other things previously unheard of. Hell, I remember calling my friend "gay"(as he was acting rather gay), and I was heard by my school's LGBT group, who harassed me for a week after that. It may not be like that everywhere, but God forbid if I said anything back, as I bet I'd have been suspended for harassment if I did. Again, I doubt it's like this everywhere, but as with race, there is a growing double standard against majority peoples(whites, straights)that forces us to hold our tongue within the constraints of poltical correctness. That kind of hypocricy, I can't stand for. Under the US Constitution, everybody has equal right to say whatever the hell they want about anyone else at any time. I personally hate political correctness. It keeps us from making rebuttals against black hatred of whites(based on crimes generally over 150 years old), and I feel it may prove true between straights and LGBTs.

I will say no more on this matter, as I am sure the result will be the same as the Debate Section on Serebii(I got my *** flamed off for expressing my beliefs). I'm not forcing anything onto anyone, but I do ask at the bare minimum that you consider what I've said.

Takoto
February 21st, 2010, 06:12 AM
I'm bisexual. Have been since I was about six, I started getting crushes on girls and boys alike. Gender has... never really mattered to me at all, in anyway.
In real life I'm open about my sexuality which has led to some bullying, but nothing I can't handle.
I've had one girlfriend and two boyfriends. I'm still with my boyfriend. xD

Not really sure what else to say.

Anxiety.
February 21st, 2010, 06:31 AM
I'm Bisexual. Guys, Girls, whatever, if they look good, and they're nice, I don't care. And most my friends can accept this, even my very christian friend.

But all the other people at school... if I come out as being bi, all the guys are gonna (and no, not might, will, you dont know my area like I do) think I want to do them up the ass. Which generally, I don't.

Ineffable~
February 21st, 2010, 06:39 AM
Aha. I'm bisexual. I thought I was 100% against attraction to other guys for the longest time but I realised I don't mind calling a guy cute or whatever, as long as he's not too masculine. xD
Some may call me heteroflexible or even just "straight" since my attraction to males is almost not worth noting. I'm a one. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kinsey_scale) :PI'm semi-bisexual. If I fell in love with another woman, then yes, there would be a possibility, I just am more attracted to males. I watch and enjoy Yuri / Yaoi (shonen ai / shojou ai), so I guess I'm pansexual as well, as I see if you love someone, it shouldn't matter what gender they are. Yeah, Basically this. :3

*Shakes Head*

xD You may be surprised. There was a poll done once (in our community), and there were officially more LGBT than there were straight people. ,_, Although, perhaps gay people are just more likely to take polls. http://bleachasylum.com/images/smilies/zomg.png It's not a stereotype about Pokémon about being "only 4 fagz derher http://bleachasylum.com/images/smilies/zomg.pnghttp://bleachasylum.com/images/smilies/heehee.png"--interestingly enough, there are actually a large number of LGBT people around here. I would argue it's because the percentage of LGBT people all around is actually larger than one may think, and this is the Internet, and an open and tolerant part of it at that. People often turn to social facets of the Internet for reasons of low self-esteem, or bad social life in the real world, among others. So if not at an actual higher percentage, gays and bisexuals are more likely to be active and have an open social life around these parts. ^_^

This place is not for people who are not accepted. It's just for...people in general. With a non-mandatory common interest to unite us. :)
I would see nothing wrong with a heterosexual club. To me it just seems like you have some chips on your shoulder. :( *Gives you some salsa*

There is this baptist church in my community, that just HATES everyone. they even have thier website of things they believe god hates. Like Gays, mexicans, etc.
RIDICULOUS.
Lol, sounds like the Westboro Baptist Church. They hate:
•Homosexuals
•Jews
•Catholics
•Swedes
•The World
•People
•The United States
•Hawaii
•Soldiers
•Anything else they can think of

...I don't know of any official list, and the "Hawaii" thing is just because they once picketed there saying how much God hates Hawaii, but then again, God hates everything. xD

Avey
February 21st, 2010, 07:21 AM
The amount of estrogen or testosterom in ones body does not effect anybody's sexual preferences. I know, I asked it in Health class awhile ago. XD Case and point: I have 3 older brothers and not one of us is gay.

I did not say you change at the drop of the hat. I said gradually through changes a decisions on your part, you become straight, or gay, or bisexual.

'Yeah, I once asked a question about sexual orientation in high school. I assume that's enough justification to make ridiculous generalizations and stand by them.'

Sorry, but if you're gonna try having a debate, at least have some idea of what you're talking about.

Objection!
February 21st, 2010, 07:25 AM
-_-

My Health teacher is highly educated on the subject, just, you know, putting that out there.

If your so sure you're born a certain sexuality, and that my argument is so ridiculous, why don't you prove it?

I have nothing against you guys and I'm not calling you out, which none of you seem to get, but I want proof that you are born gay and it isn't a choice, subconcious or no.

EDIT: God loves the gays, he just doesn't particularly care for buttsecks. >_>

I'm sorry in advance to any offended, but I lol'd.

Timbjerr
February 21st, 2010, 07:40 AM
My two cents on the religious aspect of this debate: The Bible (or at least the Catholic study Bible I used when I was younger) never says that being homosexual is an affront to God. It's a natural anomaly present in all species of animals. The codes of Leviticus describe homsoexual sex acts as an affront to God. God loves the gays, he just doesn't particularly care for buttsecks. >_>

As long as homosexuals are lifelong celibates, they're not breaking the codes of leviticus. Not that hard, but then again, I'm possibly asexual like I stated before, so easy to me might not be easy for the majority of people. XD

.little monster
February 21st, 2010, 07:59 AM
That's my point. Nobody has been killed for being gay either, at least in this decade.

Where the hell have you been living? People are beaten to death every single day for being gay, lesbian, bisexual, or trans-gender and that's just in the U.S. Half of the world's countries for instance make acting on homosexuality illegal and either imprison them or straight-up kill them. :|

Not to mention, in a lot of places such as Singapore and the Gaza Strip, homosexuality is only illegal if you're a male. But if two females love each other it's completely legal.

I hate people.

It wasn't even legal nationwide in the US until 2003.

I am gay, yeah.

-_-

My Health teacher is highly educated on the subject, just, you know, putting that out there.

If your so sure you're born a certain sexuality, and that my argument is so ridiculous, why don't you prove it?

I have nothing against you guys and I'm not calling you out, which none of you seem to get, but I want proof that you are born gay and it isn't a choice, subconcious or no.

EDIT:

I'm sorry in advance to any offended, but I lol'd.

Please, explain to me. How does homosexuality occur in other mammals? Such as Giraffes, which are known for being more homosexual than heterosexual. We are the only animal on the planet that has consciousness and can "choose." So, if other animals cant choose, but homosexuality is a choice, how do they choose to be homosexual if they cant choose?

The theory that homosexuality is a choice contradicts itself and therefore is complete bs.

Objection!
February 21st, 2010, 08:14 AM
Where the hell have you been living? People are beaten to death every single day for being gay, lesbian, bisexual, or trans-gender and that's just in the U.S. Half of the world's countries for instance make acting on homosexuality illegal and either imprison them or straight-up kill them. :|

It wasn't even legal nationwide in the US until 2003.

I am gay, yeah.

Please, explain to me. How does homosexuality occur in other mammals? Such as Giraffes, which are known for being more homosexual than heterosexual. We are the only animal on the planet that has consciousness and can "choose." So, if other animals cant choose, but homosexuality is a choice, how do they choose to be homosexual if they cant choose?

The theory that homosexuality is a choice contradicts itself and therefore is complete bs.

No. Maybe I should have been more specific and said homosexuality is a choice for humans. Animals aren't born homosexual either, but I'm not going to go into what goes on in their minds, becuase I don't even have an idea of how to approach that subject.

OK, I may have been wrong on the status of homosexuals, and I'll admit to that.

Nobody seems to want to see it my way here, so I'll just drop it. I really have spun out of control in this thread, and I apologize for that. On a side note, I know I've angered some people when I'm getting hate messages on my visitor board.

I will say though that I was particularly tired last night, but that's not a real excuse. I don't have anything wrong with gays (About the 5th time I've said it in this thread), and I'm neutral on the status of Gay Marriage.

So, uh, I'll just leave this thread alone.

.little monster
February 21st, 2010, 08:20 AM
No. Maybe I should have been more specific and said homosexuality is a choice for humans. Animals aren't born homosexual either, but I'm not going to go into what goes on in their minds, becuase I don't even have an idea of how to approach that subject.

Nobody seems to want to see it my way here, so I'll just drop it. I really have spun out of control in this thread, and I apologize for that. On a side note, I know I've angered some people when I'm getting hate messages on my visitor board.

I will say though that I was particularly tired last night, but that's not a real excuse. I don't have anything wrong with gays (About the 5th time I've said it in this thread), and I'm neutral on the status of Gay Marriage.

That first statement also contradicts the theory that it's a choice.

People who believe it's a choice, are either misinformed or complete idiots. And I am an idiot, when I call other people idiots, it means you're truly an idiot.

And no, I am not calling you in particular an idiot, as it seems that your views are not completely concrete in your own mind.

Anyway, I shall leave now too before I make it worse.

Alpha King
February 21st, 2010, 08:29 AM
If you're looking for a trans you've found one... >_<

I love you♥ (:

I edited the first post cuz idk what I was rly saying.. lol

Point #1: I'm straight. Just want to make sure there is no misconceptions on that. No part of me is bi, as I find the idea of sleeping even in the same bed with another guy repulsive(though if you like that, go on ahead).

Point #2: Now, I'm not saying all LGBT folks out there need to shut up and hide away, especially considering anyone knows that ain't happening anytime soon. But, I am not an advocate for gay marriage. I don't know what the problem with unification ceremonies(I honestly don't know what they're being called right now)is. You can still call it whatever you want elsewhere. I don't see why the definition of marriage needs to be changed, when these ceremonies usually result in the same rights as straight marriages.

Point #3: I'd very much prefer not to have the argument that "everybody straight is really at least X% bi", because that's just plain wrong. I can usually tell if someone is gay, bi, or straight based on how they dress, talk, and act. I know that at least most of my straight friends are really straight. Not trying to be discriminatory, as much as it may sound like I am, but once you get good at it it's usually easier to spot differences(and I'm usually right with my observations, which I honestly find surprising).

Point #4: Not a fan of removing the "don't ask, don't tell" policy from the US military. Regardless of if you are openly LGBT, at any workplace, that is not where you express it. I wouldn't. Most people don't. It should be no different in our military.

Closing Statements: I understand the point here, but there's not a really big need for this. LGBT folks aren't being lynched or anything, and you've got your forums, groups, literature, and many other things previously unheard of. Hell, I remember calling my friend "gay"(as he was acting rather gay), and I was heard by my school's LGBT group, who harassed me for a week after that. It may not be like that everywhere, but God forbid if I said anything back, as I bet I'd have been suspended for harassment if I did. Again, I doubt it's like this everywhere, but as with race, there is a growing double standard against majority peoples(whites, straights)that forces us to hold our tongue within the constraints of poltical correctness. That kind of hypocricy, I can't stand for. Under the US Constitution, everybody has equal right to say whatever the hell they want about anyone else at any time. I personally hate political correctness. It keeps us from making rebuttals against black hatred of whites(based on crimes generally over 150 years old), and I feel it may prove true between straights and LGBTs.

I will say no more on this matter, as I am sure the result will be the same as the Debate Section on Serebii(I got my *** flamed off for expressing my beliefs). I'm not forcing anything onto anyone, but I do ask at the bare minimum that you consider what I've said.

A problem is, that the rights given to gays in these "ceremonies" aren't nearly as many as marriage. For one, you can't even legally visit your partner when he/she is dying on a hospital bed. You don't get that right. Why gays want marriage also is because, the Bible (in my opinion) wasn't written by Jesus, it doesn't decide what people do, because those are people telling their stories. Yes, God created gays as well as straights (if you believe in Him) but why would a gay go to Hell b/c God made him/her that way?

Also, like a Swedish comedian once said "We're all bisexual at heart" (I think that's it)

So, I think maybe what you're trying to say (don't kill me if I'm wrong) is that we choose we're gay because we choose that label. While we do that, our attractions are what they are, b/c our hearts love whoever they do. What I like about being omnisexual(pansexual) is that you don't choose anything your heart wants (which can also be bad). I admit, I like girls, I like guys. I call people hot, but in the end it's about looks. ANYWAYS back to Objection, you don't choose to be attracted to anybody, you choose to accept it.

Dakota
February 21st, 2010, 09:16 AM
I'm none, I'm strait. Not that I have any issues with Gay/Lesbian people. I have a Bisexual friend... or so he says. xD

Kura
February 21st, 2010, 09:56 AM

I think people who THINK they are gay contributes to this surprisingly large number of gay people around here.
Half of the people who call themselves gay are most likely just going with the fad and really have no idea what it means to be gay.

Obviously there are genuinely glbt people here, but I've noticed that there are also a significant amount that seem to do it for attention.

xD You may be surprised. There was a poll done once (in our community), and there were officially more LGBT than there were straight people. ,_, Although, perhaps gay people are just more likely to take polls.
--interestingly enough, there are actually a large number of LGBT people around here. I would argue it's because the percentage of LGBT people all around is actually larger than one may think, and this is the Internet, and an open and tolerant part of it at that. People often turn to social facets of the Internet for reasons of low self-esteem, or bad social life in the real world, among others. So if not at an actual higher percentage, gays and bisexuals are more likely to be active and have an open social life around these parts. ^_^

It could be this, too. Either way I think that sexuality isn't something to be taken lightly or joked around about, and it really does bother me when people with social ineptitude couple this with their thoughts on gay people. (Example is the above poster with the gay friend who randomly shouts "Buttsecks") Or even when people shout "That's so gay."
And a random thought.. why isn't the word buttsecks censored on here when the four letter word for poo is? And the three letter word for anus is as well?

It also bothers me when people use gay labels for attention. Headers like "LOLOLOL Let's gave a gay touching party!" or other random, ridiculous blog entries, posts, and comments.
I don't know why it doesn't bother anyone else. You don't see me going around parading about how much I like ripped chests because I'm straight. (LOL I don't, really, but I'm just using that as an example.)

I think a lot of people need to mature about this subject and hopefully this thread will shine some new light on people.

Ryoutarou
February 21st, 2010, 10:10 AM
I think people who THINK they are gay contributes to this surprisingly large number of gay people around here.
Half of the people who call themselves gay are most likely just going with the fad and really have no idea what it means to be gay.

Obviously there are genuinely glbt people here, but I've noticed that there are also a significant amount that seem to do it for attention.Totally agree with this. There seems to be a lot of people who just go along with it because it's the cool thing to do, and people who think they're gay, but it really is only a superficial attraction. I've no doubt there are genuinely gay people at this board, but I also think that majority of them are teenagers going through an "experimental" phase or just doing it because it's different.

Anywho, I'm straight and subscribe to the idea that being gay is a choice. The moment you label yourself, you're writing off the entirety of the opposite gender, and that is very much a choice because you're choosing to see romantic possibilities only in members of the same sex and if you're not, then you're bisexual, which, again, is a choice. I've never read any study that has convinced me being gay isn't a choice and I doubt I ever will because it also goes against the fundamentals of human biology and the instinctive need to procreate.

Annnd I also don't think PC is an open community at all because people with thoughts like mine, Kura's, and even Objection!'s are often ostracized for posting them. It's an "open" community if you go with whatever the trend of the moment is and if you don't rock the boat, but that's as far as it goes.

Eпvy
February 21st, 2010, 10:18 AM
Yes, you can CHOOSE to go out with somebody, but to be sexually attracted to them is an entirely different thing.

I don't know about the rest of you, but I can't choose who I'm sexually attracted to. Sure would be nice if that were possible because in all honesty I'd rather be of a different sexuality. :o

Alpha King
February 21st, 2010, 10:19 AM
Totally agree with this. There seems to be a lot of people who just go along with it because it's the cool thing to do, and people who think they're gay, but it really is only a superficial attraction. I've no doubt there are genuinely gay people at this board, but I also think that majority of them are teenagers going through an "experimental" phase or just doing it because it's different.

Anywho, I'm straight and subscribe to the idea that being gay is a choice. The moment you label yourself, you're writing off the entirety of the opposite gender, and that is very much a choice because you're choosing to see romantic possibilities only in members of the same sex and if you're not, then you're bisexual, which, again, is a choice. I've never read any study that has convinced me being gay isn't a choice and I doubt I ever will because it also goes against the fundamentals of human biology and the instinctive need to procreate.

Annnd I also don't think PC is an open community at all because people with thoughts like mine, Kura's, and even Objection!'s are often ostracized for posting them. It's an "open" community if you go with whatever the trend of the moment is and if you don't rock the boat, but that's as far as it goes.

Just saying, you can't have an opinion that gay people choose to be gay. There's no opinion in that. Gay people don't choose to be that way, end of story. I also doubt that most of the people on here are just saying they're gay cuz it's "cool". Since when is being a social outcast cool?

Kura
February 21st, 2010, 12:34 PM
Just saying, you can't have an opinion that gay people choose to be gay. There's no opinion in that. Gay people don't choose to be that way, end of story. I also doubt that most of the people on here are just saying they're gay cuz it's "cool". Since when is being a social outcast cool?

Because here, on this forum, it's pretty much not a social outcast to be gay.

The Cynic
February 21st, 2010, 12:43 PM
My two cents on the religious aspect of this debate: The Bible (or at least the Catholic study Bible I used when I was younger) never says that being homosexual is an affront to God. It's a natural anomaly present in all species of animals. The codes of Leviticus describe homsoexual sex acts as an affront to God. God loves the gays, he just doesn't particularly care for buttsecks. >_>

As long as homosexuals are lifelong celibates, they're not breaking the codes of leviticus. Not that hard, but then again, I'm possibly asexual like I stated before, so easy to me might not be easy for the majority of people. XD

As I have previously mentioned Leviticus also names eating bacon as a sin... pretty hypocritical of Christians who think of homosexuality as an abomination but still love the eggs benedict.

NB: I love eggs benedict!

Eпvy
February 21st, 2010, 12:45 PM
I know that there are likely to be people who THINK they're gay but really aren't, but I think you all over exaggerate the amount of said people.

How many people are going to be so influenced by PokeCommunity's "open-ness" to make them think that they might be gay? The topic doesn't even come up too often around here.

It doesn't matter anyway. There's nothing wrong with homosexuality, and eventually everybody realizes who they're really sexually attracted to... So yeah, no big deal. >_>

Yoshimi
February 21st, 2010, 01:06 PM
The amount of estrogen or testosterom in ones body does not effect anybody's sexual preferences. I know, I asked it in Health class awhile ago. XD
Estrogen makes the fetus more effeminate. I don't know how that doesn't affect sexuality while the baby is still developing.
http://www.medpagetoday.com/OBGYN/Pregnancy/3641

Case and point: I have 3 older brothers and not one of us is gay.
The chances of being gay are just higher with every male baby, there isn't any guarantee.

I'll have to disagree if you think that's the largest role. And I have yet to meet one person who keeps switching between sexuality.

I would suggest you just use Google, but I found a good site.
http://www.sciencemag.org/cgi/search?src=hw&site_area=sci&fulltext=homosexuality&x=0&y=0

There you go, I think you'd trust what the scientists say over some random user.

Elesha
February 21st, 2010, 01:24 PM
None, I'm straight but I have dated two guys in the past who we're both bisexual...or so they said..

I also have friends who are gay/bi. As long as my friends and others are happy with their sexuality then I am too. It shouldn't matter what other's say as long as you are happy and confortable with your own sexuality that's all that should matter. People shouldn't discriminate against anyone be it their sexuality, colour of their skin etc. We're all human.

robobbiebob
February 21st, 2010, 01:25 PM
welllllllll Im bisexual :D

Esper
February 21st, 2010, 01:34 PM
I look forward to the day when people understand that it shouldn't matter if someone can or can't choose to be straight, gay or anything else. Who cares if it's a choice or not? The whole argument about it being a choice/not-a-choice seems to imply that if it is a choice people are wrong for making it and that if it isn't a choice you shouldn't blame people for their "unfortunate" condition. It's stupid.

Anxiety.
February 21st, 2010, 01:38 PM
Obviously there are genuinely glbt people here, but I've noticed that there are also a significant amount that seem to do it for attention.

I agree. I am bi, because I honestly feel comfortable dating both genders, and the idea of sex with either one doesn't scare me. (Not that I'm planning to have sex any time soon), also, the kind of attention I get isnt the kind I'd like. I get beat up and constantly teased because I'm bi.

But I do know loads of people that are like 'I'm gay. I'm so gay, I can't tell anyone because blah blah blah' when it's like 'No, you're not gay, you like the attention it gets you, but would you honestly have sex/kiss/marry someone of the same sex?' and most the time they're confusing a good friendship with love/a crush.

I've noticed that alot of these people are rather young aswell. Younger than 16 usually.

And finally, you can't choose your sexuality. I would much rather be straight in my area, I'm tired of being beaten up. It's not like I can help it.

Ursula
February 21st, 2010, 01:38 PM
Did you even read my post?

Plenty of straights get killed by angry gays for being straight. An outcast will come to school and search out the person who outcasted them. They'll see somebody identified as straight, and kill them.

Most of the time they're innocent. So yes, straights do get killed for being straight.
News source. I don't think I've really heard of this happening.

I don't believe in that "love at first sight" stuff. I can understand attraction or lust, but when it all comes down to it, you're making a choice. Those gay jerks at my school pressure kids to change sexuality's all the time, but they don't because they choose to be straight. Just like the bullies choose to be gay.

It may be a matter of opinion on my part, but you're brain can't see one person and process:

"OMG, I LOVE THAT PERSON, I'M TOTALLY INTO _____'S NOW!"

It doesn't work that way, though I do sympathize with you.

lol you obviously don't get it, because you're not gay. ):

..what?
Maybe not so much in the USA but..:x

Because so many people would prefer to be straight and not discriminated against...? D:
I know I didn't choose to be gay. I can't prove that you, all you have is my testimony. Well, my testimony and the testimonies of other homosexuals who say it's not a choice.
I wonder who would know more: the person experiencing it, or an outside observer? xP

You're kidding, right?
There are several dozen third world countries where it's a crime punishable by death for being a homosexual. Case in point: Jamaica.

Before you make these claims, please do a little research :)

NiKaNoRoU
February 21st, 2010, 01:40 PM
You know, Greece has a VERY funny aspect of gay people. I'm not going to detatch it here, though.

Oh, me? I'm straight. To the bone. I don't mind gay people around me, as I have the belief of everyone being what they want. Just don't come asking me on a date or a kinky chit-chat if you know that a 'NO GO AWAY' is coming. I have met people that are gay irl, and, at least in my country, they're too shy to go in the open. Imo England would be the best country for open gays (isn't it already?).

I don't see someone call someone else 'gay' as an insult anymore, though. Even though I used to, and even though most people around me consider it so.
However, the fact that I'm straight doesn't originate from the fact that I'm Greek, orthodox christian or on a strict family and school environment. I'm fascinated by women, and I'm competitive with men. Is it hormones? maybe. I'm pretty confident with myself, with the thought that being straight is the coolest. And seriously, I don't care if you disagree with that. Everyone can go feel the coolest if they want.

Virtual Chatot
February 21st, 2010, 01:49 PM
I can't make up my mind, so I just sit on the fence! :D

I'm thinking of starting a straight club or something because there's a gblt one and I think it's wrong to leave people out.What the bloody hell would you even talk about? "OMFG I LIKE BEWBES NOM NOM ROFL!1"

kieeeranz
February 21st, 2010, 01:56 PM
well , im gay.
sometimes i hate myself for it and other times i love what i am . (:

NocturnLeader
February 21st, 2010, 02:03 PM
I'm gay too. I don't let it get me down one bit. I live each day and Sieze the moment.

Kon~
February 21st, 2010, 03:07 PM
I'm bi but haven't come out at all to my family or friends because I know about the stick that would come with it. Nothing major, but I know they would think that little bit differently about me.

I do have friends who are gay and lesbian but I don't know anyone else who is bi and sometimes get scared of what might happen if I were to 'come out'.

Raichu1988
February 21st, 2010, 03:14 PM
I'm all lesbian over here. I am in a sturdy relationship with the girl I am head over heels for, and I'm not ashamed or afraid to talk about it or be myself.

I do have a lot of straight friends, though. Actually, more straight friends than gay friends. >.< But, they're all fine with me being with who I want to be and being open about who I am. Same for my family... although I think sometimes my aunt and uncle forget since I don't really talk to them about it. But my sisters and mom know, and that's most important to me since I live with them.

Alpha King
February 21st, 2010, 03:26 PM
I've noticed how some people think others are too young to determine their own sexuality (?). Well, I'm 14 and I know I'm bisexual. I have always liked girls and I've always liked boys, its just the way I am. I'm not naive, and I know who I am and the things I know about myself, and I don't use this for my attention, because frankly, I'm just concerned about my parents thoughts. I came out to all of my friends and my siblings, but not my parents. Anyways, my point is that I can date both genders and be attracted to them, and sex with either gender does not repulse me, as Anxiety said. And no, I do not plan on having sex anytime soon.

Also, the only person I would use my sexuality for attention is if it were a boy that I liked and were trying to go out with, just so they would know where I stand. (assuming most girls I know are straight or bi)

Raichu1988
February 21st, 2010, 03:30 PM
I don't think anyone is ever too young to say if they think a girl is cute or a boy is cute. And we all know ourselves better than anyone else, right? I knew I liked girls (or at least thought they were cute) when I was 13 and I'm 21 now. That still hasn't changed.. So who is to say someone is too young for being who they are? :s

The Red Chain
February 21st, 2010, 03:41 PM
I'm pansexual and proud to be. 8D
Gotta love them pans with their metal and yeah.

Jokes aside I'm completely blind to gender.
I love someone for who they are, not for the "junk" they have. <3
My family doesn't mind and my straight friends are pretty cool with it.
Then again most of my friends are bisexual. :3

I dunno, I've honestly never been disliked or discriminated for being pansexual as far as I know.
Guess I'm one of the lucky ones...

Zorua
February 21st, 2010, 03:45 PM
All I can say is that I'm as straight as a curve. A squiggly line, I mean. Sorta. But I don't go for the same sex.

Riddles are fun. :D

score_under
February 21st, 2010, 03:50 PM
I've noticed how some people think others are too young to determine their own sexuality (?).
I'm 17 and have not yet determined. I have yet to be attracted to either gender.

All I can say is that I'm as straight as a curve. A squiggly line, I mean. Sorta. But I don't go for the same sex.

Riddles are fun. :D
When the second order derivative of a graph equals zero, the line/curve is straight at that point.
sin(x) is a good squiggly line, and the second derivative of that is -sin(x). So, at the almost-instant point where -sin(x) equals 0, you're straight. Most of the time, you're not.
...Though that's not what you meant at all, is it?

Kon~
February 21st, 2010, 03:53 PM
I've known I like people whoever they are since I was about 11 and there was a girl I liked, but by then I already had been taught that "girl + boy = relationship" and thought I was a bit strange.

Since then, I've matured and realised that I'm normal. I just like both sides.

Cebalrai
February 21st, 2010, 03:55 PM
Hi, my name is Mike and I like bears. You know... BEARS!

Zorua
February 21st, 2010, 03:57 PM
I'm 17 and have not yet determined. I have yet to be attracted to either gender.

When the second order derivative of a graph equals zero, the line/curve is straight at that point.
sin(x) is a good squiggly line, and the second derivative of that is -sin(x). So, at the almost-instant point where -sin(x) equals 0, you're straight. Most of the time, you're not.
...Though that's not what you meant at all, is it?

My sexuality defies all laws of mathematics.

score_under
February 21st, 2010, 03:58 PM
My sexuality defies all laws of mathematics.
Shall we settle for pansexual then?

Zorua
February 21st, 2010, 04:03 PM
Shall we settle for pansexual then?

No. I would never like my same sex. I actually quite dislike them, save a few.

Excuse me for playing the guess game; I'm not open at all.

Cebalrai
February 21st, 2010, 04:05 PM
Hmm, let's see... You're gay for pay?

Zorua
February 21st, 2010, 04:09 PM

What is this I don't even

I said I would never like the same sex. That specific gender, at least in my area, are very...inconsiderate.

Cebalrai
February 21st, 2010, 04:15 PM
Well, sadly jerks are cosmopolitan.

Lady Gaga
February 21st, 2010, 04:21 PM
I am bisexual, though I have never had a serious relationship with a boy. I have been attracted to some guys, and of course a lot of girls, but in general, both sexes are fine for me. I see them both as cute, and will give both affection. I am definitely not gender-blind, though.

True Reign
February 21st, 2010, 04:21 PM
Wtf is pansexual or omnisexual? Is there a whatasexual too? Geeze, I thought there was just bisexual, heterosexual, and homosexual.

My head hurts.

Eпvy
February 21st, 2010, 04:22 PM
Wtf is pansexual or omnisexual? Is there a whatasexual too? Geeze, I thought there was just bisexual, heterosexual, and homosexual.

My head hurts.

I believe that pansexual extends to the attraction to transgendered people.

Weatherman, Kiyoshi
February 21st, 2010, 04:28 PM

Hm, good opening Disclaimer. But, what could this possibly be for? :O

it's not changing the definition of marriage. it's what marriage is. here;

Marriage is definied by Dictionary. com as:
the legal or religious ceremony that formalizes the decision of two people to live as a married couple, including the accompanyingsocial festivities: to officiate at a marriage.

Just to give you a source definition rather than my own.
What I ask you, is, what's the problem with having marriage? Why does it have to be unifacation or whatever ceremonies? why not marriage?

Well, some people say that everyone Straight as a little bit of gay in them, and everyone who's gay has a little bit of straight in them. Whether you do or don't want some penis on the side isn't my concern.

Basing people of how they dress, talk, or act is basically what it boils down to, is descriminatory. Not to say everyone has thier own pre-descriminatory thoughts about that they think of people without actually knowing them.

Like, fat people are slobs, or Blondes or stupid.
That kind of pre-descriminatory.

And I'm not saying there isn't flambuoyant steryotype gay guys, or butch steryotype lesbians. There is, in case you were worried.
But there are Gay people who can function in actual society with thier masculity/femininity intact, and aren't just the other gender to the extreme in disguise.

The reason Don't ask/Don't tell is to represh homosexuality in the military. think about it, do you see any straight people being discharged because of this rule? No. You don't.

You do make a point here. There is extremist things in both areas, whether it be prejudice, or anti-prejudice. You have the right to say what you damn well please, but it's your own fault for percieving gay people as steryotypes in the first place.

But with race and eveything, like "Oh, if a white person says the n word, they're a racist, but if a black person does, it's perfectly acceptable."
That is bs.

Political correctness can go kill itself.

Oh, happy day for you! I've fully consitered your post! :D

Comments are in red.

You are just excellent. :3

Alpha King
February 21st, 2010, 04:28 PM

Haha that made me lol =P

Weatherman, Kiyoshi
February 21st, 2010, 04:29 PM
I believe that pansexual extends to the attraction to transgendered people.

Pansexual is attraction based on personality, rather than gender.

Raichu1988
February 21st, 2010, 04:35 PM
Pansexual is attraction based on personality, rather than gender.

Thanks for clarification. I've always wondered that when I've seen it come up. I just never took into checking it out.

Cebalrai
February 21st, 2010, 04:38 PM
You are just excellent. :3

Haha that made me lol =P

*curtsy* The pleasure's all mine!

I really appreciate pansexuals, it's noble not to be swayed by gender. To focus on the metaphysical... Eh, I'm just purely attracted to guys and even then, I have specific "rules too". Basically if I can see your ribs, or if you have abs (GTFO TAYLOR LAUTNER, I DONT THINK YOU'RE SEXY) you're out of the question....

SHAAAALLOW...In a strange way...

Weatherman, Kiyoshi
February 21st, 2010, 04:46 PM
*curtsy* The pleasure's all mine!

I really appreciate pansexuals, it's noble not to be swayed by gender. To focus on the metaphysical... Eh, I'm just purely attracted to guys though, and I have specific rules too. Basically if I can see your ribs, or if you have abs (GTFO TAYLOR LAUTNER, I DONT THINK YOU'RE SEXY) you're out of the question....

SHAAAALLOW.

Wait, if they have muscles you aren't attracted?

I perfer my bears slightly muscled. D:

Oh dear lord I knw where this is going. Debate to Buttsex, I just know it.

Cebalrai
February 21st, 2010, 04:48 PM
Debate's useless. It all boils down to "IS NOT! IS TOO! IS NOT! IS TOO!"... Both sides remain unswayed at the end day. Maybe I just don't like arguing, I'm so nonchalant!

I don't know why, muscles are kinda intimidating to me (maybe it's jealousy?!)...I like pudgy bears. <3

Weatherman, Kiyoshi
February 21st, 2010, 04:52 PM
Debate's useless. It all boils down to "IS NOT! IS TOO! IS NOT! IS TOO!"... Both sides remain unswayed at the end day. Maybe I just don't like arguing, I'm so nonchalant!

I don't know why, muscles are kinda intimidating to me (maybe it's jealousy?!)...I like pudgy bears. <3

You are so wise.

I dunno, I am very attracted to men older than me. I really don't know why, but I just am. So I like Muscles, it's like a sign of... maturity.
I also have a thing for hair.

But, everyone has a thing for something.

Stairmaster
February 21st, 2010, 05:08 PM
I like guys, never understood why someone such as myself would like girls, but I am not "repulsed" by it. People can't help what they want.

Feign
February 21st, 2010, 05:13 PM
A thing for something indeed X_x

Sometimes I feel I might be too picky, but that doesn't reflect with how I see it in the school hallways. XD

Cute guys :3

Kon~
February 21st, 2010, 05:15 PM
You're right that everyone has a thing... for me, I like slim guys, preferably with big hair, but I prefer curvier girls. :/ Just my little thing there. Kon's two cents.

Chibi-chan
February 21st, 2010, 05:19 PM
I like men. I'm not going to placebo myself into thinking I like both of sexes, or that I'm naturally prone to both.

Pansexuality should be called what it is, a fetish.

Alpha King
February 21st, 2010, 05:25 PM

I'm not too attracted to scrawny's. Muscles are nice, and I love pudginess, for whatever reasons are my own (Not the place to discuss it, Lol) Bears are hot and all, but like I said I don't have a specific attraction, skinny, fat, not a deal with me. I'm more attracted to the ones with meat on them bones.

Raichu1988
February 21st, 2010, 05:27 PM
^ I agree with the meat on the bones part. I find people who are too thin very unappealing. The way society makes really thin people look okay is very disturbing to me. I prefer some sort of build on the girls I like. But other than that, it's not a big factor for me. As long as they don't have ribs peeking out or look like they're really unhealthy and starving..

Cebalrai
February 21st, 2010, 05:29 PM
Pansexuality should be called what it is, a fetish.

Personality fetish? SHOW ME YOUR PERSONALITY BB *fapfapfap*

Lol, Kon~, we're so different. Slim guys, especially those with big hair don't do anything for me. Although, I'm sure my chubby, short haired guys will have a pretty negative effect on you...Teehee.

I use the term bear loosely, I guess technically I like cubs.

Kon~
February 21st, 2010, 05:34 PM
Personality fetish? SHOW ME YOUR PERSONALITY BB *fapfapfap*

Lol, Kon~, we're so different. Slim guys, especially those with big hair don't do anything for me. Although, I'm sure my chubby, short haired guys will have a pretty negative effect on you...Teehee.

I use the term bear loosely, I guess technically I like cubs.

o.0 When you say cubs, it makes me think of cub as in... small boys in tents. And that's creepy. :/

hehe.

Feign
February 21st, 2010, 05:34 PM
I'm no stickler for hair (except I really don't like the whole buzz cut thing), but I do like skinny guys, with a cute smile... Idk, the smile is really important to me. XD Oh, and I don't think I'd want to be with someone taller than me. XD

I'm not the most skinniest person either mind you. XD

Kon~
February 21st, 2010, 05:37 PM
Ah... the big smile. A nice cheesy grin really does it for me.

A la Noel Fielding. :D I luff his smile!

Alpha King
February 21st, 2010, 05:40 PM

^ I love girls who talk about boys with gay guys. Seriously lol =)

Cebalrai
February 21st, 2010, 05:40 PM
o.0 When you say cubs, it makes me think of cub as in... small boys in tents. And that's creepy. :/

hehe.

Great.

Now I'm going to have to think of a new word cause I'm creeped out too now. ;_;

THANKS A LOT. <\3

Kon~
February 21st, 2010, 05:44 PM
Great.

Now I'm going to have to think of a new word cause I'm creeped out too now. ;_;

THANKS A LOT. <\3

Ha! Another day ruined! Success!

@ Cloud 9 - Good lol or bad lol? :D

Alpha King
February 21st, 2010, 05:47 PM
Ha! Another day ruined! Success!

@ Cloud 9 - Good lol or bad lol? :D

Good lol of course =D
It's like my friend, Hannah, except we talk about boys and girls with each other 8)

Kon~
February 21st, 2010, 05:53 PM
Ah, good times.

One of my friends is gay, and when we go out into town, we just look for fit guys. XD Always a fun afternoon!

Feign
February 21st, 2010, 05:58 PM

My fave smile is the embarrased smile/half smile/benign smile, whatever you want to call it. XD

Alpha King
February 21st, 2010, 06:02 PM
My fave smile is the embarrased smile/half smile/benign smile, whatever you want to call it. XD

My fav smile is the shy smile. For some reason I like awkward guys, cuz I think it's cute. Love red faces. 8)

Feign
February 21st, 2010, 06:04 PM
I suppose that would group in there too, just forgot to mention it.

Why is it that we like the shy ones? XD Sounds somewhat wrong >.>

But it sounds cute too!

Kon~
February 21st, 2010, 06:05 PM
It has been scientifically proven that shy guys are cute.

Says Prof. Kon.

Daeva Okami-Luca
February 21st, 2010, 06:06 PM
I'm a female who feels like a guy.

Tomboy, perhaps.

Alpha King
February 21st, 2010, 06:07 PM
I suppose that would group in there too, just forgot to mention it.

Why is it that we like the shy ones? XD Sounds somewhat wrong >.>

But it sounds cute too!

Because it is cute x]
Too bad I'm not cute, because then I would be a hot guy magnet. (jk)
I've already had girlfriends, its too bad girls like me more than guys, because I've been craving a bf for a while, but girls don't disappoint me x]

It has been scientifically proven that shy guys are cute.

Says Prof. Kon.

You're a genius :]

Says me >:O

Eпvy
February 21st, 2010, 06:10 PM
I'm a female who feels like a guy.

Tomboy, perhaps.

So wait, you feel like you were meant to be a guy? Or it really isn't that strong of a feeling?

Kon~
February 21st, 2010, 06:10 PM
Because it is cute x]
I've already had girlfriends, its too bad girls like me more than guys, because I've been craving a bf for a while, but girls don't disappoint me x]

I can tell how you feel.

My last relationship (with a guy) was four years ago and lasted about nine months, so that was hard.

My last relationship with a girl lasted about a week. And I didn't really like her that much. I tend to forget about that. :D

But I really want to be in SOME sort of relationship. I'm jealous of people in longterm relationships who look like they're on their yellow brick road.

Daeva Okami-Luca
February 21st, 2010, 06:12 PM
So wait, you feel like you were meant to be a guy? Or it really isn't that strong of a feeling?

Yes, I feel like I was born completely wrong. But at the same time females repel and disgust me and i have an intense fear of them, unless they're masculine

Alpha King
February 21st, 2010, 06:12 PM
I can tell how you feel.

My last relationship (with a guy) was four years ago and lasted about nine months, so that was hard.

My last relationship with a girl lasted about a week. And I didn't really like her that much. I tend to forget about that. :D

But I really want to be in SOME sort of relationship. I'm jealous of people in longterm relationships who look like they're on their yellow brick road.

They better be happy cuz if they're not then we've wasted our time envying them D;

Kon~
February 21st, 2010, 06:13 PM
They better be happy cuz if they're not then we've wasted our time envying them D;

So, so true. If ever they broke up, I would literally scream and then do some things with superglue I don't like to describe.

Alpha King
February 21st, 2010, 06:14 PM
So, so true. If ever they broke up, I would literally scream and then do some things with superglue I don't like to describe.

hm................................................................. (:<

Kon~
February 21st, 2010, 06:16 PM
hm................................................................. (:<

I can tell you can see what I am getting at by the expression on your emotionally typed face. ;)

Daeva Okami-Luca
February 21st, 2010, 06:17 PM

This reminds me of Rose from Two and a Half Men.

Alpha King
February 21st, 2010, 06:29 PM
I can tell you can see what I am getting at by the expression on your emotionally typed face. ;)

The unfortunate truth is that I cannot D:

Feign
February 21st, 2010, 06:30 PM
Because it is cute x]

Yeah, mostly girls hit on me as well, and even think I am younger than I really am. It's funny. Though it makes me wonder what they are thinking, when I don't reciprocate their flirtings. XD

Kon~
February 21st, 2010, 06:36 PM
The unfortunate truth is that I cannot D:

Oh sorrow!

For some reason, this reminds me of Ferrets. :/

(Youtube it, it's the one with cartoon ferrets.)

Alpha King
February 21st, 2010, 06:37 PM
Oh sorrow!

For some reason, this reminds me of Ferrets. :/

(Youtube it, it's the one with cartoon ferrets.)

You know what? I am. (:

Kon~
February 21st, 2010, 06:40 PM
You know what? I am. (:

And please, don't blame me for what you are about to see. (: (or rather, hear)

Alpha King
February 21st, 2010, 06:42 PM
And please, don't blame me for what you are about to see. (: (or rather, hear)

That was unnecessarily, obtrusively, inappropriate

joshay
February 21st, 2010, 06:44 PM
I didn't say it never happens, I said they're not any different from straight murders.

You dug that up on Wikipedia, but do you know how many school-shootings kill straight people as opposed to gays? That ratio would be roughly 10:1.

It's chance. Just because one kid doesn't like a resident gay doesn't mean ten more straights won't be killed just for being at school. In fact, there are probably more angry gays shooting up places than homophobics.

And yes, I can. If you find two or three more RECENT incidents like that and then tell me no gays have gotten angry and killed straights, I will concede. Until then, it is an exception.

Sorafune: I meant straight people shooting people specifically because they're gay.

Logan: No, but we do have to worry whether or not they'll talk to us, reject us, humiliate us, ect. Gays just have an extra barrier to the numerous ones everybody must face.

Right, sorry to bring back an older post but mate, what the hell are you on about?

In some countries its ILLEGAL to be gay. You can be LOCKED UP or KILLED for being GAY!!!! Just for liking the same gender. I'd like to see you go to a country like that and make out with a guy. THEN YOU'D BE DEAD!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LGBT_rights_by_country_or_territory

Don't believe me? read that. If you havn't noticed most of that is gray/yellow/red/orange.

Yellow/red/orange go from small penalties for being gay - to being killed.
And the gray areas, thats countries where there is NO RECOGNITION OF SAME SEX COUPLES, why? Because they're probably too scared to come out of the closet or the LGBT Communities are underground because being LGBT is THAT discouraged.

I'm not gay or anything but seriously stop being so naive sir.

Kon~
February 21st, 2010, 06:45 PM
That was unnecessarily, obtrusively, inappropriate

Indeed.
But Harold likes it.

Alpha King
February 21st, 2010, 06:47 PM
Right, sorry to bring back an older post but mate, what the hell are you on about?

In some countries its ILLEGAL to be gay. You can be LOCKED UP or KILLED for being GAY!!!! Just for liking the same gender. I'd like to see you go to a country like that and make out with a guy. THEN YOU'D BE DEAD!

Don't believe me? read that. If you havn't noticed most of that is gray/yellow/red/orange.

And the gray areas, thats countries where there is NO RECOGNITION OF SAME SEX COUPLES, why? Because they're probably too scared to come out of the closet or the LGBT Communities are underground because being LGBT is THAT discouraged.

I love Canada a bit more now x]

Weatherman, Kiyoshi
February 21st, 2010, 06:50 PM

It's actually pretty interesting how much can be bidgoted.

And that South Africa being totally same-sex marriaged, while everywhere else it's unreconigized or have a penalty.

Kon~
February 21st, 2010, 06:51 PM

Wow. It seems LEDCs are seriously Anti-LGBT. :/

joshay
February 21st, 2010, 06:51 PM
Haha :L nahhh but some sir's should stop being so naive. Living in the west being gay isn't always easy I guess, but living abroad in a country that kills you for it is something else. I've seen gay people get thrown food at, ive seen gay people get called names every time i see them. And this isnt every once in a while, its regularly.

Kon~
February 21st, 2010, 06:55 PM
I guess we can't even imagine how bad it must be for LGBT people over there... I guess we have it seriously easy in comparison.

Alpha King
February 21st, 2010, 06:57 PM
I guess we can't even imagine how bad it must be for LGBT people over there... I guess we have it seriously easy in comparison.

Yes, which is why there are groups to stop that evilness and why we must enjoy what we have over here

Kon~
February 21st, 2010, 07:01 PM
So true. I always try to tell myself not to take my life for granted, as some people have it worse than me (also a song by Tim Minchin) and I should enjoy the fact that my life is good.

Also, I disagree when people say I shouldn't feel good for what I have because others don't have it. I say, I should feel lucky that I do have them. :p

joshay
February 21st, 2010, 07:02 PM
yeahhh exactly. I was stood talking to this gay kid, and these other kids started throwing sandwiches at the guy. I remember one of them being a bacon sandwich, WITH ONLY ONE BITE OUT OF IT. I mean, seriously, who throws a bacon sandwich away? they're lush. apart from if your veggie or vegan then you would throw it away. But i guess if you were veggie or vegan then you wouldnt have a bacon sandwich anyway...
But still, thats harsh. Nobody can say gays arnt treated bad.

Weatherman, Kiyoshi
February 21st, 2010, 07:02 PM
Haha :L nahhh but some sir's should stop being so naive. Living in the west being gay isn't always easy I guess, but living abroad in a country that kills you for it is something else. I've seen gay people get thrown food at, ive seen gay people get called names every time i see them. And this isnt every once in a while, its regularly.

it's actually pretty interesting how people who are bigoted don't see it in the point of the other person,

which actually brings me to some Twilight Zone:
In an episode of the Twilight Zone, a bigoted (Lawyer, I think it was,) man who's hate was pointed towards Jews, Blacks, and Japanese, left a pub he was at and ended up back in Germany, during the Holocaust. He was treated a jew, and being chased by Nazis. He jumped off a building to find himself in a different area, being beat up by KKK members. They tied him up, saying terrible insults, and preparing to kill him. He escaped, and then was chased with cars, where he jumped into a lake. He then found himself in a rice patty lake, where soliders from the American army, who were killing all japanese they were finding, innoccent or not, threw a grenade at him. It exploded on him, making him fall to the floor in a transport to a concentration camp. Outside, however, he saw the pub he left, and started crying out for his friends who were just leaving the pub, but appearantly, they couldn't hear him. Even after he learned his lesson, fate decided to show him that even though he got the point, this kind of torment didn't stop for the people who were subjected to this prejudice. The transport drives off, with this vicious cycle, implied to keep happening to him.

Spooky but eye-opening.

Kon~
February 21st, 2010, 07:06 PM
yeahhh exactly. I was stood talking to this gay kid, and these other kids started throwing sandwiches at the guy. I remember one of them being a bacon sandwich, WITH ONLY ONE BITE OUT OF IT. I mean, seriously, who throws a bacon sandwich away? they're lush. apart from if your veggie or vegan then you would throw it away. But i guess if you were veggie or vegan then you wouldnt have a bacon sandwich anyway...
But still, thats harsh. Nobody can say gays arnt treated bad.

If you were a veggie, you'd have Quorn bacon. But that's beside the point.

On the other side of what you're saying, bacon or no bacon, who throws a sandwich at a gay guy?! And why? So easy to catch and enjoy for ones self...

it's actually pretty interesting how people who are bigoted don't see it in the point of the other person,

which actually brings me to some Twilight Zone:
In an episode of the twilight Zone, a bigoted (Lawyer, I think it was,) man who's hate was pointed towards Jews, Blacks, and Japanese, left a pub he was at and ended up back in germany, during the Holocaust. He was treated a jew, and being chased by Nazis. He jumped off a building to find himself in a different area, being beat up by KKK members. They tied him up, saying terrible insults, and preparing to kill him. He escaped, and then was chased with cars, where is jumped into a lake. He then found himself in a rice patty lake, where soliders from the american army, who were killing all japanese they were finding, innoccent or not, threw a grenade at him. It exploded on him, him falling to the floor in a transport to a concentration camp. outside, however, he saw the pub he left, crying out for his friends who were just leaving the pub, but appearantly, they couldn't hear him. Even after he learned his lesson, fate decided to show him that even though he got the point, this kind of torment didn't stop for the people who were subjected to this torment. the transport drives off, with this vicious cycle, implied to keep happening to him.

Spooky but eye-opening.

If that would happen to every bigot on earth, the world would be a much nicer place.

Alpha King
February 21st, 2010, 07:08 PM
If that would happen to every bigot on earth, the world would be a much nicer place.

Oma exactly! Now we just need to spread that message across to Africa :$

joshay
February 21st, 2010, 07:10 PM

and the middle east for that matter ;)

Kon~
February 21st, 2010, 07:12 PM

Uh... shall we start a fundraiser to get us there and climb atop that soapbox...? :s

Alpha King
February 21st, 2010, 07:13 PM
Uh... shall we start a fundraiser to get us there and climb atop that soapbox...? :s

I think I will stay in the safety of my own home... for now x]

Feign
February 21st, 2010, 07:15 PM
I suppose I should be glad I live in Canada, yeah. :3

I mean we even have the opportunity to adopt kids, even if it is a gay couple (I believe).

Kon~
February 21st, 2010, 07:19 PM
I think I will stay in the safety of my own home... for now x]

I wholeheartedly agree. For now.

Alpha King
February 21st, 2010, 07:21 PM
I suppose I should be glad I live in Canada, yeah. :3

I mean we even have the opportunity to adopt kids, even if it is a gay couple (I believe).

Well, I, in the U.S, totally want what Canada has (for gay rights that is)
But we all want that in the LGBT community, yes?

Kon~
February 21st, 2010, 07:24 PM
Of course! I think gay rights are the same level (almost, maybe) as human rights, as everyone who is 'straight' is allowed to do whatever, but some people aren't allowed because they don't comply with these so-called 'set' rules? I think that's BS!

On a totally different note, I'm 3:30 am and I have to be up at 7:30... do you think I'd be more tired staying up or sleeping and then getting up?

Alpha King
February 21st, 2010, 07:26 PM
Of course! I think gay rights are the same level (almost, maybe) as human rights, as everyone who is 'straight' is allowed to do whatever, but some people aren't allowed because they don't comply with these so-called 'set' rules? I think that's BS!

On a totally different note, I'm 3:30 am and I have to be up at 7:30... do you think I'd be more tired staying up or sleeping and then getting up?

Either way, you'll be exhausted x]

Feign
February 21st, 2010, 07:27 PM
more tired staying up... :S but you'll still be tired after getting up.

It'll be nice once the world changes over for the better.

Kon~
February 21st, 2010, 07:30 PM
more tired staying up... :S but you'll still be tired after getting up.

It'll be nice once the world changes over for the better.

It'll be nice once people start realising everything they've done wrong and resolving it.

By the way, I've decided on staying up and then taking a whole LOADA caffiene.

Ah coffee... my old friend...

Sarah Paliner
February 21st, 2010, 07:31 PM

My head hurts.This, quite frankly. People are having far too much fun with sexual orientation nowadays that I find it tough to take some peoples' words. As for myself, I am a heterosexual with a 1 on the Kinsey scale. I don't really mind if homosexuals develop relationships among themselves or perhaps adopt a child who are okay with gay parents since, as far as I am taught, there aren't many negative consequences for the child.

Feign
February 21st, 2010, 07:36 PM
It'll be nice once people start realising everything they've done wrong and resolving it.

By the way, I've decided on staying up and then taking a whole LOADA caffiene.

Ah coffee... my old friend...

Haha, I have tons of experience from staying up too late XD

That and coffee doesn't make me awake, it makes me tired. That's why I used to drink coke. XD

I plan to go to my city's LGBT place thing though, it would be my first time being there. XD

Kon~
February 21st, 2010, 07:38 PM

That and coffee doesn't make me awake, it makes me tired. That's why I used to drink coke. XD

I plan to go to my city's LGBT place thing though, it would be my first time being there. XD

Literally, four hours time, I'll have the biggest mug of coffee ever and I'll be drowning my cereal in coke with twelve extra sugars. Caffiene and sugar... that's all you need to survive!

Alistair
February 21st, 2010, 07:38 PM
It won't, though. There will always be prejudice, no matter how far into itself time flows. Personally, I don't know how you feel and I probably never will. I'm aromantic asexual (which means I don't feel romantic feelings to anyone of either sex).

EDIT: Wow, I took way too long to post.

Feign
February 21st, 2010, 07:44 PM
Literally, four hours time, I'll have the biggest mug of coffee ever and I'll be drowning my cereal in coke with twelve extra sugars. Caffiene and sugar... that's all you need to survive!

Haha, a good wakeful indeed!

Do any of you guys have LGBT groups at your schools?

Alpha King
February 21st, 2010, 07:46 PM

I'd join the HRC in the U.S. (personally) b/c I want to fight for gay rights, of course!

I know this is random but I like guys who you kinda have to guess if they're gay or not. Makes it fun x]

Considering I'm not as fruity as the stereotype for gays (considering there's no stereotype for bi's) Which I am content with

Kon~
February 21st, 2010, 07:48 PM
There aren't really any LGBT groups at my school... to be honest, I haven't heard of them anywhere in the UK. :/

Eпvy
February 21st, 2010, 07:51 PM
There is no LGBT group at my college... There is one in the city, but I don't drive so I can't really go there with my unsupportive family. >_>

Feign
February 21st, 2010, 07:55 PM
There's none at my school either.

I like cute guys in general; though I don't know, if I'd go as far as to trick them. XD (aka convert).

The LGBT place in my city is a fair bus ride away too. :S

Kon~
February 21st, 2010, 07:58 PM
Envy, I feel especially bad for you as your location is the bible belt >.<

This would be a great point for me to bring up everything anti-religious I have ever seen, heard or said, but I'm kinda sleepy, so I'm just gonna say Tim Minchin <3

Alpha King
February 21st, 2010, 08:04 PM

This would be a great point for me to bring up everything anti-religious I have ever seen, heard or said, but I'm kinda sleepy, so I'm just gonna say Tim Minchin <3

What would be the bible belt?

Feign
February 21st, 2010, 08:05 PM
Yeah, you can't even convince them... They are so convicted blinded to their faith... to acknowledge something like this, at face value.

Quite sad really, I'd probably be absolutely scared, if I were in that position...

EDIT:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bible_Belt

Florida's many mega churches scared me.

Alpha King
February 21st, 2010, 08:16 PM
Yeah, you can't even convince them... They are so convicted blinded to their faith... to acknowledge something like this, at face value.

Quite sad really, I'd probably be absolutely scared, if I were in that position...

EDIT:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bible_Belt

Florida's many mega churches scared me.

Yay I just made it away from that strip :]

blackwell
February 21st, 2010, 08:16 PM
I could care less what you do sexually (Unless you a ****ing pedophile or rapist then you can piss off and die.) but there is a common sense issue of knowing when to express them gay straight or otherwise. Anyway marriage rights shoul be extended to all humans after all its no one's business what you choose to do with yourself.

Eпvy
February 21st, 2010, 08:44 PM

Well it isn't religion itself if you ask me, it's people using it to make their prejudices seem justified. They did it against blacks, they did it against women, and now they're doing it against us. -_-

When will people learn? When people are putting that much emphasis on a few verses in the Bible while ignoring others of equal importance something is wrong.

I don't know what to think about religion in general, but I do know that it is the PEOPLE themselves that are exaggerating things. I've actually looked into it and some of the verses that are against homosexuality actually seem to be referring to specific acts in a specific society. It's been a while since I looked into that, but either way when somebody says they're against homosexuality because of the Bible I call BS.

Cherrim
February 21st, 2010, 08:53 PM
I find it hard to believe a lot of people who are under 15 who say they're gay or bisexual. I'm not saying it's impossible to know then, but with all the attention-grabbers these days, it's just so hard to tell. I was preeeetty sure I was bi as early as 14 and could pick out "signs" of being attracted to the same sex going back as early as 8, but I was hesitant to admit it or anything because I both didn't want to be seen as doing it for the attention and, to be honest, the fact that so many people could so easily go "oh, yeah, I'm totally bi/gay because I liked someone of the same sex" made me wonder if I wasn't just subconsciously trying to be different for the sake of it. :/ And for that same reason, I just take it with a grain of salt when a lot of people (especially online, where gender and sex is so easy to blur) tell me their sexual orientation.

One thing that has always bugged me about PC is that, once PC's "culture" allowed for GBLT tolerance (this place was not always as gay-friendly as it is now :P), eeeeveryone came out and flaunted it when, to be quite honest, I really don't give a damn what someone's orientation is. Really, unless it's relevant to the topic at hand, I don't want to know. If the fact that you're gay is literally the only thing you can tell people when you meet them, that's just a little bit sad. I guess it's not just a PC thing but PC's really the place I notice it the most of everywhere I go, be it online or offline. :| I'm not saying pride is a bad thing, it's just... when your defining trait is the fact that you're gay as opposed to, say, funny, charming, smart, quirky, etc. then that's just weird imo. But maybe it's just me. u_u I'm always hesitant to mention this because I don't want to be jumped at with "WELL IT'S MY RIGHT TO SHOW MY PRIDE" because I know it is, but it's still annoying when it's done... obnoxiously? Ugh, I dunno, I can't think of the right way to word it. Hopefully this is coming across okay but it probably isn't, lmao. :(

Also I don't believe it's a choice to be gay/straight/bi. I'm not sure why anyone would choose to be attracted to the same sex and as far as I know the only people who say it is a choice are... straight. Like honestly, I can't even imagine myself sitting here going, "HMMM I think from now on I'm going to find both men AND women highly attractive." Is that how it's supposed to go? Because that seems pretty ridiculous to me. Or is it a subconscious choice? If that's the case, does it even count as a choice? I'm on the fence about nature vs nurture though! I don't know if someone is born gay (ie, it's in the DNA) or if their upbringing and the way they were raised has more to do with it. 'Cause really it could be either one for me, lmao. :( I'm just pretty damn sure I never consciously sat there and decided to be attracted to the same sex.

Feign
February 21st, 2010, 09:08 PM
Yeah, I don't think I'd want to flaunt it sort of thing, kind of like in the real life scenario if someone said, "Oh are you bringing your girlfriend?", I may respond like "Oh, actually my boyfriend."... Basically if they only bring it up.

I don't find the appeal to go to gay pride parades either. I think it is a bit of a stereotype.

As for those who believe it is a choice (like you mentioned, most of them being straight), is probably because they "feel" that they made a choice of choosing women, perhaps. Ignoring the fact that they are being naive, and for them it was actually natural to just be attracted to women.

As for the nature and nurture debate, I think it works for both gay and straight people (as people seem to not include straight people). That is to say, what if a straight person was born into a society where there was none of the opposite gender?

Basically, there has to be something for the person to be attracted to. But that doesn't mean that as a result of having something to attract to, that they choose it.

I don't think I ever had a choice, I just embedded myself into self-denial.

I wish I could explain this better :3 sorry.

TheUltimateSacrifice
February 21st, 2010, 09:26 PM
I disagree with what "LGBT" people do; but I will defend to the death their right to do it.

Jubilation
February 21st, 2010, 10:21 PM
After five pages, this thread lost all innocence and became the place where we talk about hot guys.

And Irish Boys <3

Feign
February 21st, 2010, 10:34 PM
Lol... yeah, pretty much XD

Oh well...

We're awesome that way, just goes to show how many of us there are in this forum, thus far.

DonRoyale
February 22nd, 2010, 01:01 AM
After five pages, this thread lost all innocence and became the place where we talk about hot guys.

And Irish Boys <3

And Latinos.

They're just better. :)

Jubilation
February 22nd, 2010, 01:05 AM
There is this Spanish boy at my school, and he is adorable. And I'm pretty sure he is gay too.

<3

Kon~
February 22nd, 2010, 11:43 AM
Nice. Cute spanish boys (my first boyfriend was spanish. We were 8 at the time, I mean, but still. (: )

And @ Lightning, there's just one point I feel the need to say something to, even though it has no impact whatsoever on the original basis of the post. I know that people don't sit there and decided to be gay/bi/lesbian or whatever, but sometimes, there comes a point when you just know, you know? (I feel like the turtle from Finding Nemo) For some people is comes earlier than others, so it's ok for people at fourteen to realise their true self, and sometimes it won't make itself known until you're in your forties etc.

Unless there are just some fourteen year old girls sat here, thinking "Oh, everyone in the LGBT thread are talking about coolness things! I might join them... oh, but I'm not gay. Oh well! No one will know the truth, this is tha interwebz LOL ROFL."

In which case, a) Thank you for calling me cool, and b) Get away, demon to grammar! Away with your bastardisation of the english language!

Man, I really am just holding a conversation with myself here.

Kura
February 22nd, 2010, 02:34 PM
Originally Posted by Kura
I'm thinking of starting a straight club or something because there's a gblt one and I think it's wrong to leave people out.
What the bloody hell would you even talk about? "OMFG I LIKE BEWBES NOM NOM ROFL!1"

And Irish Boys <3

Lol... yeah, pretty much XD

Oh well...

Now who was the one mocking who? You'd do the same exact damn thing.
:/ How freaking disrespectful. Whatever. At least I'm not the hypocrite.

:/ And I think this goes out to everyone who feels like the idea of a "Straight Club" is stupid, and still decides to continue on with that random nonsense that in NO way helps other people's romantic or sexual situations.
I'm all for a gay club, but I find the idea of mocking a straight club silly if all anyone's going to do is talk about "Hot guys."

The Cynic
February 22nd, 2010, 02:55 PM

:/ And I think this goes out to everyone who feels like the idea of a "Straight Club" is stupid, and still decides to continue on with that random nonsense that in NO way helps other people's romantic or sexual situations.
I'm all for a gay club, but I find the idea of mocking a straight club silly if all anyone's going to do is talk about "Hot guys."

We could talk about hot girls in straight club! Hooray! Emma Watson FTW!

Seriously though do we really need clubs that are just labels?

Though I'm thinking of starting a "Vertically-Challenged Society". No one steal this idea!

General Bravo
February 22nd, 2010, 03:03 PM

I'm actually going to have to agree here. If you are going to talk about fairness and equality, then mocking a Straight Club is just damn hypocricy, and I HATE hypocricy. At the present time there is no reason not to have a Straight Club, except maybe, once again, that accursed Political Correctness. God forbid someone doesn't like our beliefs. It's not like we have freedom of speech, or anything.
All I'm saying is, Kura, if you feel so strongly about it, don't post here saying how there should be a Straight Club, go and make one. As with anything, the only surefire way for change to occur is through action.

Eпvy
February 22nd, 2010, 04:42 PM
The idea of an LGBT club is to talk about things that LGBT people have to deal with exclusively, like coming out of the closet.

The things that a Straight Club would talk about are just... general things like relationships, things that don't really need their own exclusive place, as they always come up in regular conversation anyway.

Who's stopping you? Nobody. But I think the idea of such a club is just a bit silly, and it doesn't help that really its only purpose would be to get back at the LGBT club which is just immature.

If people really want the labels to die than they should stop treating LGBT people like they are something unnatural. You see, if coming out wasn't such a stress, than really it would become less significant and nobody would really need to talk about all of the rejections and such.

The purpose of an LGBT club is just to comfort those of us that deal with issues like that. Some of us don't have much if any support in real life. I'm sorry but I just can't see such a purpose in a straight club. As I said it would only be there out of immaturity.

Spikey-Eared Pichu
February 22nd, 2010, 05:34 PM
Holy sexy red-heads this thread exploded over night 0.0

I think every gay/lesbian/bi/transgender person has a right to make themselves known and be accepted for who they are. Now, that some choose to flaunt it, I frown on you. I'm 15, gay, and I don't flaunt. I'm in the effin bible belt of Florida ;_; which sucks ass cuz there are little to no gay guys here. I mean there are some but they fall into the sterotypical 'girly gay guy' and I dont find that attractive. I'm attracted to the guys who don't talk like girls or act like them.

I've actually fallen extremely hard for one of my best friends who I'm certain is either bisexual, or gay himself and hasn't come to terms with it yet. There are a lot of guys at my school who are country-boy hot and it's torture that I can't have them! Particularly this one redhead =3 and the guy who plays bari-sax in our school band (he's a football player too and he's ripped XD)

Alpha King
February 22nd, 2010, 06:57 PM
The idea of an LGBT club is to talk about things that LGBT people have to deal with exclusively, like coming out of the closet.

The things that a Straight Club would talk about are just... general things like relationships, things that don't really need their own exclusive place, as they always come up in regular conversation anyway.

Who's stopping you? Nobody. But I think the idea of such a club is just a bit silly, and it doesn't help that really its only purpose would be to get back at the LGBT club which is just immature.

If people really want the labels to die than they should stop treating LGBT people like they are something unnatural. You see, if coming out wasn't such a stress, than really it would become less significant and nobody would really need to talk about all of the rejections and such.

The purpose of an LGBT club is just to comfort those of us that deal with issues like that. Some of us don't have much if any support in real life. I'm sorry but I just can't see such a purpose in a straight club. As I said it would only be there out of immaturity.

Exactly, because you don't have to make a straight club, because you can pretty much assume that most people are straight. This is the LGBT thread because straight people are the stereotypically (Dare I say it) normal ones, where there isn't discrimination, and there never have been hardships. Oh and for the ones who said that people were killed for being straight, BS! They were shot or whatever because they were discriminating, not just because they're straight. They are the ones who made fun of people, and THAT'S the reason why a gay guy would come to school with a gun shooting people, because they were judging, not because they were straight. So shallow in my opinion......
(Just to clarify I do not support walking into school and shooting people to death, not good.... )

Weatherman, Kiyoshi
February 22nd, 2010, 07:36 PM
I disagree with what "LGBT" people do; but I will defend to the death their right to do it.

wha...?
who...?

Are you Voltaire?

I'm actually going to have to agree here. If you are going to talk about fairness and equality, then mocking a Straight Club is just damn hypocricy, and I HATE hypocricy. At the present time there is no reason not to have a Straight Club, except maybe, once again, that accursed Political Correctness. God forbid someone doesn't like our beliefs. It's not like we have freedom of speech, or anything.
All I'm saying is, Kura, if you feel so strongly about it, don't post here saying how there should be a Straight Club, go and make one. As with anything, the only surefire way for change to occur is through action.

I don't find the purpose of a straight club pointless, if you really fell like you want one, why don't you start up one? it's pretty much gonna have the same purpose of LGBT bars, only with guys liking girls and girlds liking guys.

However, like said above a few posts, if it's for the only reason is to get back at Gay/Lesbian bars, then no.
That would be hypicritical of you, then.
Wouldn't you agree?

But I'm sure that's not the point you were making, anyway. So no worries. :3

Holy sexy red-heads this thread exploded over night 0.0

I think every gay/lesbian/bi/transgender person has a right to make themselves known and be accepted for who they are. Now, that some choose to flaunt it, I frown on you. I'm 15, gay, and I don't flaunt. I'm in the effin bible belt of Florida ;_; which sucks ass cuz there are little to no gay guys here. I mean there are some but they fall into the sterotypical 'girly gay guy' and I dont find that attractive. I'm attracted to the guys who don't talk like girls or act like them.

I've actually fallen extremely hard for one of my best friends who I'm certain is either bisexual, or gay himself and hasn't come to terms with it yet. There are a lot of guys at my school who are country-boy hot and it's torture that I can't have them! Particularly this one redhead =3 and the guy who plays bari-sax in our school band (he's a football player too and he's ripped XD)

You know, Gay is being attracted to your own gender, so wouldn't acting like the oppisite gender not make sense in the definition of gay?

According to steryotypical behavoir, every gay couple would be more like lesbians, while Lesbians couples would be more like gay couples. :/
Behavoir wise, anyway.

Esper
February 22nd, 2010, 07:50 PM
Isn't society already a straight club? Seriously, "straight" is the default category and 99% of advice and support out there assumes this.

And why can't there just be a "hot people admiration club" or something like that so everyone, regardless of gender, can talk about who they find attractive?

Feign
February 22nd, 2010, 07:59 PM
Sooooooooooooooooooooooo

I just came out to my mom finally... I had planned to do it today anyway... And am glad I have done so. She took it very well anyway. Now to just tell my dad (my parents are divorced), and while he is not religious, he believes gay people chose to be gay... So that is a major work-around...

Four Shore
February 22nd, 2010, 08:01 PM
Sooooooooooooooooooooooo

I just came out to my mom finally... I had planned to do it today anyway... And am glad I have done so. She took it very well anyway. Now to just tell my dad (my parents are divorced), and while he is not religious, he believes gay people chose to be gay... So that is a major work-around...

well good luck with that!

Feign
February 22nd, 2010, 08:04 PM
Haha, thanks. My mom even encouraged me to seek out others like myself (there is a community hall on the other side of town), since I really don't have proper friends (being shy, distrusting and pretty much closested for the majority of my life)...

Alpha King
February 22nd, 2010, 08:13 PM
Haha, thanks. My mom even encouraged me to seek out others like myself (there is a community hall on the other side of town), since I really don't have proper friends (being shy, distrusting and pretty much closested for the majority of my life)...

Well done, I'm glad you did this!! Good luck telling your dad.

I guess I'm kind of lucky I didn't want to remain closeted through my freshman year, so I made sure my friends know. But for the majority of your life as in...? U must be... 17? 18? Idk

Feign
February 22nd, 2010, 08:30 PM
At least I can attest as to how important it is to come out as early as possible.

But yeah, not quit that age anymore, but close enough. XD

It's better than a 40 year old with children, coming from a divorce though. :S

Kon~
February 23rd, 2010, 11:02 AM
Aaaah! Feign, well done and good luck with telling your dad!

I'm happy that your mother is being so supportive, too. ^o^

DonRoyale
February 23rd, 2010, 11:42 AM
Congratulations, Feign. Trust me, having at least one parent know is really a big weight off your shoulders.

Both of mine know, but I recently (as in, about two weeks ago) told my dad. Thankfully, he accepts me, but he doesn't openly state the beliefs your dad goes by. Best of luck telling him...it's not easy, I'll tell you that. :|

Feign
February 23rd, 2010, 11:51 AM
Thanks guys. Because he is sooo stubborn, I kind of feel like giving him a letter. That is to say, express myself there, and be there when he reads it.

.little monster
February 23rd, 2010, 12:55 PM
Thanks guys. Because he is sooo stubborn, I kind of feel like giving him a letter. That is to say, express myself there, and be there when he reads it.
Good luck~

That's what I did to my dad. When my step-sister came out he kicked her out. :/ But I don't live with him. He was a lot more supportive towards me, although he wasn't supportive really. He said, "I still love you, but I won't support your life style."

My mom said she always knew.

My friends Khari and Isaiah (gay) go to an LGBT Union at the university near by. To our surprise, a student teacher at my school was there. And he's French, mmm. Anyways, it's a good idea to be friends with other gay people, and to be out of the closet. You will be supervised at how much better you feel.

Kon~
February 23rd, 2010, 01:11 PM
Whatever happens, I genuinely hope things go well for you, Feign.

Makes me wonder about what to do when I decide to come out... :/

.little monster
February 23rd, 2010, 01:24 PM
Whatever happens, I genuinely hope things go well for you, Feign.

Makes me wonder about what to do when I decide to come out... :/
The best thing to do is to just tell them in person, either that or write it down and show them..ah my cat just scared me.

Anyway, if you tell them directly they will respect you for trusting them that much. That's how my parents were.

Haha, I scared my cat back.

Rokusasu
February 23rd, 2010, 01:28 PM
I'm a closetted pansexual.

(Ironic as my dad and brother are coming upstairs as I type this >_>; )

Alpha King
February 23rd, 2010, 01:31 PM
The best thing to do is to just tell them in person, either that or write it down and show them..ah my cat just scared me.

Anyway, if you tell them directly they will respect you for trusting them that much. That's how my parents were.

Ahhhh scary kats

My dad knows... well I didn;t tell him, but I think he is just waiting for it.....
I think he thinks I;m gay though, maybe he'll be somehwat relieved to know that I'm only like, halfgay? D;

Feign
February 23rd, 2010, 01:32 PM
Thanks guys :)

I think it helps to tell the person you trust most.

Rokusasu
February 23rd, 2010, 01:36 PM
I agree, even though I haven't come out yet. >: When I eventually do come out to my family, my mum will be the first person that I tell.

At the moment, I have no-one else IRL to come out to, and there aren't any LGBT places that I know of that I can go to without my parents getting involved.

DonRoyale
February 23rd, 2010, 01:37 PM
Thanks guys :)

I think it helps to tell the person you trust most.

It really does. Most of my friends know (all but two whose opinions I genuinely care about know, anyway), and if they're really your friends, they'll support you. If they weren't, you'll know you never had their support in the first place.

I've lost friends to the knowledge, and all that tells me is that I'm better off having the knowledge that they don't support me for who I really am, because they're simply too stubborn and ignorant to try and see that I'm still a good person despite the stereotypes presented by my orientation.

.little monster
February 23rd, 2010, 01:39 PM
It really does. Most of my friends know (all but two whose opinions I genuinely care about know, anyway), and if they're really your friends, they'll support you. If they weren't, you'll know you never had their support in the first place.

I've lost friends to the knowledge, and all that tells me is that I'm better off having the knowledge that they don't support me for who I really am, because they're simply too stubborn and ignorant to try and see that I'm still a good person despite the stereotypes presented by my orientation.
You seemed to have worded that weird. o_o

"If they really are your friends, they'll support you. If they don't support you, then you'll know they weren't your friends in the first place."

Is that what you meant?

Because a lot of people at my school support me, and they aren't friends. :[

Feign
February 23rd, 2010, 01:40 PM
I wonder how it might come up at work. XD

I mean, I won't flaunt the fact, but if something of that nature is brought up... XD

DonRoyale
February 23rd, 2010, 01:54 PM
You seemed to have worded that weird. o_o

"If they really are your friends, they'll support you. If they don't support you, then you'll know they weren't your friends in the first place."

Is that what you meant?

Because a lot of people at my school support me, and they aren't friends. :[

I mean in the sense of support with anything in general. I suppose I should have made that clear. :S

Silly me; I have the knack for saying the wrong thing at the right time. :#

Eпvy
February 23rd, 2010, 02:07 PM
No, what you said made perfect sense to me.

But I'm pretty much forced to deal with people who do not truly accept me - that would be my family and some of my friends. They all support me in other ways that are important. =/

Kon~
February 23rd, 2010, 02:32 PM

Yeah, that would be the best thing... :/

It's just, I've grown up with serious self-confidence issues. When I was younger I was really fat, and that led to bullying, and I was quiet and introverted. Now, I'm still a little overweight, but I've gained a little confidence among friends, and yet, I still don't think I'd be able to bring myself to do it.

Alpha King
February 23rd, 2010, 07:01 PM

It's just, I've grown up with serious self-confidence issues. When I was younger I was really fat, and that led to bullying, and I was quiet and introverted. Now, I'm still a little overweight, but I've gained a little confidence among friends, and yet, I still don't think I'd be able to bring myself to do it.

If they're your friends, they won't see you any differently~♥

Yuoaman
February 23rd, 2010, 07:03 PM

I'm not gay, but I don't see what is wrong with being so. Homosexuality is just there being a slightly different balance of chemicals in the brain. :\

It isn't like they decided to become gay to piss of straight people...

Rokusasu
February 24th, 2010, 12:52 PM
Ha, if everyone thought that, then we'd have nothing to worry about. XD

FreakyLocz14
February 24th, 2010, 01:00 PM
Okay this topic seems a bit adult for a forum with members as young as 9 but hey.

I'm heterosexual but (call it conincidence if you'd like) all of my males friends are homosexual or bisexual. I also have a handful of homo/bi female friends.

My fiance is also an ex-bisexual.

P.S.
What do pansexual and omnisexual mean? I've thinking it means you'd go for anything but correct me if I'm wrong.

I already know that asexual means you're sexually attracted to yourself.

.little monster
February 24th, 2010, 01:05 PM
Okay this topic seems a bit adult for a forum with members as young as 9 but hey.

I'm heterosexual but (call it conincidence if you'd like) all of my males friends are homosexual or bisexual. I also have a handful of homo/bi female friends.

My fiance is also an ex-bisexual.

P.S.
What do pansexual and omnisexual mean? I've thinking it means you'd go for anything but correct me if I'm wrong.

I already know that asexual means you're sexually attracted to yourself.
1. Pansexual means you're attracted to people based on who they are, what they have in their pants doesn't mean a thing. bisexual
2. Omnisexual is another word for pansexual.
3. Asexual means you're sexually attacted to no one. It doesn't mean you're attracted to yourself...whoever told you that is what we in the business call "stupid."

There is no such thing as an "ex-anything." Either they were just confused for awhile and they never were bisexual or they are week minded individuals who are being manipulated by religion and politics to *think* that they aren't gay or bisexual anymore when they really are. :| The last sentence is a reference to the "ex-gay" fraud.