PDA

View Full Version : Where do you do your best thinking?

A Pixy
February 20th, 2010, 09:21 PM
Question is simple, where do you go when you need to think? Also, why do you think you think there the best?

As for me...

In the tub, on my bed or on the can.

I think there the best probably because it's completely secluded and my mind does tend to wander wherever I am. :P

So, where do YOU do your best thinking and why?

reyzn
February 20th, 2010, 09:29 PM
Probably in bed and under the covers when all the lights are turned off. That's when I feel totally at ease and separated from everyone else.

Dirtyjerry
February 20th, 2010, 09:52 PM
Sitting in my truck listening to some good music, or in my room by myself with all of the lights off.

Eurydice
February 20th, 2010, 09:55 PM
in the dark, or i walk over to the park. since it is normally cold here and kids are in school still its pretty deserted. its right across the street from my house so its a really nice place to think

Kura
February 20th, 2010, 10:13 PM
Usually when I'm drying my hair.

Lt_Nite
February 20th, 2010, 10:17 PM
In my room in general, when I'm alone and have time to just think.

magikarptrainer
February 20th, 2010, 10:45 PM
Walking. Or even just pacing back and fourth.

Vampire://Krimm
February 20th, 2010, 10:54 PM
outside O: Sometimes I'll just stand about on my front porch or walk around and the natureness of my surroundings are usually quite nice for thinking :D

SIN1488
February 21st, 2010, 01:49 AM
My best place to think is somewhere high up, like a big hill. That way I can see the whole city, which gives me plenty to think about.

Though I seem to have an easy time thinking about things anywhere, even if I'm doing some other activity.

Talli
February 21st, 2010, 02:11 AM
antwhere with Curtis Talli, espeacially yesterday at my gran birthday high tea ( my aunt idea)

Charliezard
February 21st, 2010, 03:21 AM
The best place to think is anywhere I can't think. My thinking goes around in circles, getting nowhere.
The best place to do that is when I'm in bed and can't sleep xD

Cheesymitten
February 21st, 2010, 03:37 AM
At night in bed with the door FULLY closed.
I don't like light either, it's the best way to think things over.
However, without night, it's still probably in my comfy new chair =3

Autistic Lucario
February 21st, 2010, 03:43 AM
In my bedroom, away from my family and the world...until mom makes me do Coal and Wood duty again.

Mizan de la Plume Kuro
February 21st, 2010, 04:12 AM
The uhh... shower, where my mind tends to wander...

Jordan
February 21st, 2010, 06:28 AM
When I'm going about in my daily stroll or in bed before sleeping.

Houndoom19
February 21st, 2010, 07:08 AM
Walking around outside in the rain at about 4am. You would not believe how clear my mind goes then.

Ayselipera
February 21st, 2010, 09:33 AM
I don't assign myself a certain thinking place. If I need to think I'll just sit wherever I am and think. I do notice however that I do my best thinking at night when I'm laying in my bed right before I go to sleep. I guess it's because at that time everything is quiet and the day's activities are over. For me at least.

Dakota
February 21st, 2010, 09:35 AM
On the bed, probably due to the comfort and ease of mind you can access. : P

TrinityLimit
February 21st, 2010, 09:36 AM
in my room....alone...... i focus better when the house is empty :]

The Darkest Gale
February 21st, 2010, 09:43 AM
I tend to do it either in my bedroom or outside while I'm at the harbour :D I can think of anything there... when I go myself. I usually am a the art centre down at the harbour on weekends : P so thats when I think lol

Jesus oƒ Suburbia
February 21st, 2010, 09:46 AM
The rooftop.
It's clear and quiet up there.

kieeeranz
February 21st, 2010, 09:49 AM
i think best when it's noisy (:

.little monster
February 21st, 2010, 09:53 AM
When I am in my bed, trying to sleep.

:3

Heart~Bunny
February 21st, 2010, 10:08 PM
In bed under the covers or when listening to music.

♣Gawain♣
February 21st, 2010, 11:46 PM
Is in the open fields and meadows. You can relax under a tree and let go of your imagination. If I'm ni my bed, I'll go to sleep immediately.

Lieutenant Unstable
February 22nd, 2010, 02:52 AM
In bed when I'm trying to go to sleep! Whenever I actually want to sleep is when my mind wanders the most.

Also, just chilling in my room listening to music. And I won't lie...when I'm on the toilet. >_> (You're welcome for that image)

Pokestick, good times.
February 22nd, 2010, 03:02 AM
I think best when I'm walking asround in circles and have nothing better to do.

Unfortunatly, I usually never remember anything from these moments...

SquirtleGirl
February 22nd, 2010, 04:27 AM
Walking with music in or just before I go to sleep. ^^)

Ninetales433
February 22nd, 2010, 07:16 AM
I do my best thinking in a quiet room while listening to music or I just walk around.

poopnoodle
February 22nd, 2010, 07:41 AM
mostly outside when i'm being ~in tune with nature~, though my more morbid contemplating takes place at night before sleeping. if it counts, i get most of my homework done when i'm on the toilet.

Algo Fonix
February 22nd, 2010, 11:22 AM
Very late at night, when I should be sleeping, but instead I'm sitting in from of my computer, looking at a blank Word page. It helps if I'm getting tired, for some reason.

dc_united
February 22nd, 2010, 12:56 PM
Conveniently, my best thoughts come to me when I'm trying to sleep, keeping me up all night. Then I can't think during the day.

blackwell
February 22nd, 2010, 02:00 PM
In a dark quiet place. Not just dark so dark you cant see your palm in front of your face.

JadedIguana
February 22nd, 2010, 06:22 PM
In my bedroom. It's quiet, theres ****e tons of pokemon plush. Puts me at ease, like a room should.

And outside. In the woods or at a park/playground.

Medli
February 22nd, 2010, 07:00 PM
Usually at night when I'm trying to go to sleep. I swear I have insomnia or something. It's just that I always have thoughts in my head, and once I start thinking, I can't stop.

I also do my best thinking in my room with the door closed while playing some music. The music depends on my mood. A good walk also helps.

Fayren
February 23rd, 2010, 03:35 PM
In the shower! No one can bother me when I'm in there. Generally I take a shower at the end of the day so I can reflect on things and figure stuff out.

MegaSlowBro.
February 23rd, 2010, 03:42 PM
Usually when I'm in my room or just walking home, I tend to just put my body on cruise and think about the day =p

Åzurε
February 23rd, 2010, 08:34 PM
Bed, the shower and the car. As of late I've been trying to come up with a decent storyline for a Pokemon hack. Now if only I knew how to implement any of it.

Synaesthesia
February 23rd, 2010, 08:36 PM
I do most of my thinking while trying to fall asleep. Stuff goes round and round in my head and it's pretty awful. I've been having trouble falling asleep lately..

But, I can never say where my mind does its best thinking. I've got so many things running through my mind that I could tell myself I should figure something out and without even noticing it, I'll be thinking about some random unimportant thing.

But, I do like to do my thinking on the toilet, in the shower, or when I'm out walking. But I hardly do any thinking when I'm walking while listening to music, which I like am 99% of the time. But usually when I go out for a walk, especially in the winter and it's snowing, is when I get the most head-clearing done.

During the spring/summer, I'll go to a park and lie there for hours with my music, or without. That's so relaxing and spiritual.

I want summer. :(

kingofjokers
February 23rd, 2010, 08:42 PM
The best place for me is whenever I have nothing to do and my mom is yelling at me to get my lazy bottom out the house I usually like to go on a walk and just think in the house I can never think my house is to small i just gotta get out.

Guillermo
February 24th, 2010, 03:39 AM
Believe it or not, I believe I do most of my better thinking when I'm asleep. I never have nightmares, and I'm always happy when I'm asleep. Whereas when I wake up, I just want to go back to sleep. Sleep is my happy time. Either that or at the beach.

Galukxy
February 24th, 2010, 09:33 PM
when i'm not halve asleep XD best thinking? usually when i'm at school.

インフェルノの津波
February 24th, 2010, 09:49 PM
Strangely enough, usually when I take a shower or when I go to bed. Also, when I play my DSi.

World King
February 24th, 2010, 10:44 PM
Well, I usually do my best thinking when I'm on my balcony at home. Also when I go to my nearest park and sit on a specific tree I know. Also, at any bus while I listen to music.

Rokusasu
February 25th, 2010, 12:39 PM
When I'm in the shower. Nothing like the rush of water to get my mind flowing. :3 (Do I get points for the water-related pun? 8D)

NarutoActor
February 25th, 2010, 06:16 PM
This may sound weird, but right before I go to bed. XD or If I am just laying down on my bed.

HeidiMoose
February 25th, 2010, 08:26 PM
This is a bit wierd, but generally I do the most/best thinking when I'm either taking a shower or on the toilet.
Haha :D

Yuukihime
February 25th, 2010, 08:27 PM
Generally in the shower or surprisingly, during passing period at school when I'm listening to music at school. ;>

Patchisou Yutohru
February 25th, 2010, 09:24 PM
My best thinking comes when I'm in the sac trying to fall asleep. Usually I just reflect upon my day, but sometimes I get ideas of things to do the next day, thoughts for the future, questions that arise from events that happened earlier that day, and other things.

Lithia
February 26th, 2010, 03:01 AM
I do most of my thinking in my bed, right before I go to sleep, like many people. But my best thinking always comes when Im in a car with my headphones on, looking at the scenery... Also when Im swimming. Underwater. Really. Everything is just so weirdly quiet... And its just for a few seconds until I run out of breath, because of it its kinda special...

Okami Chi
February 26th, 2010, 03:07 AM
In my room while playing guitar, or reading a comic book is when my mind is working at 100%. Kind of funny how activity helps you think on matters better.

Lana.
February 27th, 2010, 05:48 PM
Anytime I'm alone, really. In bed, home alone, in the shower - anything as long as I'm the only one around for awhile.