PDA

View Full Version : Suggestion: Pokecommunity Awards?

rockshock28
February 21st, 2010, 07:35 PM
I hope that this in the right place, please move it if it's not. Here's the deal: Here at Pokecommunity, we are all pretty good. If we weren't, why would we join this site? So, I think that we should show our skills a little more. That's why, I think it would be a good idea to have Pokecommunity Awards. This is basically just something you could put as your user title, or in your signature. Awards would be given out for fastest game completions, and things like that. It would be a good way to show how good some people actually are. Comments? Do you approve? Suggestions for categories? Leave a comment.

Forever
February 21st, 2010, 07:38 PM
That's what PC has emblems for, they work just like awards and go in profiles for all to see.

Gazza
February 21st, 2010, 07:54 PM
Here you go. LINK (http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=163175)

PC emblems are pretty much awards for doing something special or just goofing around. :B

rockshock28
February 21st, 2010, 08:01 PM
Oh, okay. Thanks for the link.

Hiidoran
February 21st, 2010, 08:02 PM
That, and we already have things like Motm, Hack of the Month, Signature of the Week, Prettiest Profile, etc.

If you want to show off your skills and such, those mediums would be the ones to look into.

Muffin™
February 27th, 2010, 01:25 PM
I think we should add an award for making like, 10,000 posts or something.

Amore
February 27th, 2010, 01:31 PM
Yeah.But I reckon emblems are good, coz they're so light-hearted (I got "jumping on the bandwagon" for my sig)

Eucliffe
February 27th, 2010, 01:57 PM
Some emblems that are awarded are quite the opposite, though.

The NONONO and "I Asked to be Moderator" emblems, for example, are definitely not light-hearted.

And the emblem close to getting 10000 posts COULD be "The Navi Award", although that can be awarded for other reasons, too XD Still, it seems the most possible emblem that goes with getting 10000 posts.

Mizan de la Plume Kuro
February 27th, 2010, 01:59 PM
That, and we already have things like Motm, Hack of the Month, Signature of the Week, Prettiest Profile, etc.

If you want to show off your skills and such, those mediums would be the ones to look into.
Not to mention, the now-in-planning, FFOTY(Fanfic of the Year)... (http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=208828)

Amore
February 27th, 2010, 02:01 PM
Some emblems that are awarded are quite the opposite, though.

The NONONO and "I Asked to be Moderator" emblems, for example, are definitely not light-hearted.

And the emblem close to getting 10000 posts COULD be "The Navi Award", although that can be awarded for other reasons, too XD Still, it seems the most possible emblem that goes with getting 10000 posts.

How do you get them?And do you get banned?

*Firestar*
February 27th, 2010, 02:29 PM
Yeah.But I reckon emblems are good, coz they're so light-hearted (I got "jumping on the bandwagon" for my sig)

How did you get it? Well, what aspect of your sig let you get it?

Also, there are emblems for lots of things good bad, for fun, and some that are serious. I've got one, for 'ringing in the new year' XD

Eucliffe
February 27th, 2010, 02:53 PM
How do you get them?And do you get banned?

You usually don't get banned after getting those emblems, but you might get a Warning/Infraction, depending on if you troll or not.

The "I Asked to be Moderator" emblem is given for obvious reason (asking a staff member or asking via a thread to be a Mod), and the NONONO emblem is given if you keep asking for an emblem (which some people actually TRY to get just to say they have an emblem :/).

How did you get it? Well, what aspect of your sig let you get it?

Also, there are emblems for lots of things good bad, for fun, and some that are serious. I've got one, for 'ringing in the new year' XD

OK, know the HG/SS theme collab. a lot of the staff had? Well, a bunch of people (myself included, though I used an alt. for it) did something similar with Pokemon, DPPt characters, other series characters, etc. Therefore, they jumped the bandwagon.

So if you do a theme just like what Amore has, then you may get it too. Though, probably, it's a bit late.

Went
February 28th, 2010, 12:37 AM
Remember guys, if you want to discuss emblems we have a thread here: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=163175

This thread is getting offtopic u_u

Mr. Downstairs
March 5th, 2010, 07:35 PM
I realize this thread is a little old, but I feel the need to respond to it for one major reason... no one mentioned it.

When I read this, the first thing I thought was not actual awards but contests with awards. Like many others have already said, we have contests that are dedicated towards individual forums but what some may not know (though most of the people who replied here were part of this event in the past) is that PC has hosted a somewhat official contest collaboration run by resident administrator Hiroshi Sotomura.

It's called the PokéCommunity Get Together. If I remember correctly, it's hosted during the summer for about a week. A collaboration of various contests are collected and hosted by various members - whether they be members, supporters, or staff. The actual contests are entirely up to those who put themselves out there. As well as contests there are also plenty of activities to take part in.

I'm pretty sure he'll be bringing this around again, so you'll just have to wait it out if it interests you. ;)