PDA

View Full Version : Weird things that make you happy

Callandor
February 23rd, 2010, 06:43 PM
If you read the title, which if you are reading this you must have read the title, then you know what to talk about. An example would be this;

You know how most people like bright sunny weather. Well I sensitive eyes, so I can't really see in that kind of weather. I like it when it's cloudy out, mostly because I can see. Also, I love it when it's really windy. So a cloudy, windy day is totaly awesome to me.

Now, talk!

Yuoaman
February 23rd, 2010, 07:05 PM
Probably that I like it when a cold winter breeze blows into the house for a couple of seconds...

Odd, I know. :\

Lt_Nite
February 23rd, 2010, 08:40 PM
I love rainy days actually, and I prefer a couple cloudy days here and there. A weird thing that makes me happy is the crunching sound you make when you walk in snow :D

kingofjokers
February 23rd, 2010, 08:44 PM
Taking walks in the most awkwardest places and peanut butter I dont know is that wierd? OH and random times during the day when someone just says your name for no reason that makes me happy

Esper
February 23rd, 2010, 09:00 PM
I get a little thrill when I walk from one point to another, like from one room to another, and there are people around, but no one notices me. I feel... stealthy, or something.

Also, pulling my socks up nice and tight after they've started to sag a little. I like that.

and skipping stones, sticking my hand in grain, and breaking the top of crème brûlée

donavannj
February 23rd, 2010, 09:06 PM
Opening up a new pack of trading cards (especially if it's a Magic: The Gathering pack) and smelling the cards. So far, that's the only thing that comes to mind. <3 <3 <3

TrinityLimit
February 23rd, 2010, 09:30 PM
eating brownies :D. oh, and my sketchbook.

Guillermo
February 24th, 2010, 03:53 AM
Rain and thunderstorms. Also, if it doesn't give me hayfever, then the smell of mowed grass.

.little monster
February 24th, 2010, 04:04 AM
Rain.
Freezing rain.
Not you.
When I get a text message I wasn't expecting.
When I get a text message saying, "I have a question.."

Ayselipera
February 24th, 2010, 09:48 AM
- rainy days
- opening a can of soda so it makes that fizz noise.

There are a lot more, but I can't think of any. Maybe I'll edit this later~

Pokestick, good times.
February 24th, 2010, 11:18 AM
Hum, newly opened trading cards (haven't bought them in years :(...), the strangest (not really...) music from various animes (Kirari Takaramono is epic right now), Uhm... I'm sure there's alot more, I'm a weird person :/

Ah well, I'll be back on this one.

Okami Chi
February 24th, 2010, 11:20 AM
Opening a new pack of Pokemon trading cards, or learning how to play a new song on guitar, or making one of my own. ;)

The Darkest Gale
February 24th, 2010, 11:37 AM
cars :D yes I get extremly happy at cars
I'm a bit like this:
Me: *looks out window* sigh what a rainy day
porshe 911 turbo passes by
Me: oh my god look at that porshe! *screams* :D :D :D :D :D :D

lol
on the actual weird kind of side of things I get excited at ducks
http://www.valdosta.edu/~mtrejo/duck.jpeg
look at the duck :D

MewMewXX
February 24th, 2010, 11:47 AM
I like it when you haven't been aware of your breathing for ages and then you inhale really deeply, that feels so satisfying. Oh and when I can peel back the lid of the milk carton first-time, without having to pick it off round the edges, I'm like YEEESSS! ^^

Talli
February 24th, 2010, 12:20 PM
Something to do with Curtis I think... and when I see flowers growing in the spring, seeing the baby bunnies who live in our local park..

luf100
February 24th, 2010, 12:32 PM
Also, pulling my socks up nice and tight after they've started to sag a little. I like that.THIS.

I also love when people are like "Can I get your opinion?" or "What do you think?"

EDIT: I thought of another one, because I'm eating chili. I LOVE the way kidney beans feel when I eat them. They just have like an awesome texture... mmm.

shu
February 24th, 2010, 02:49 PM
i get happy from seeing pics of anime characters or seeing japanese people i dont know why.i can be having the crappiest day but seeing a pic of japanese person will make me haapy again. its odd.

kingofjokers
February 24th, 2010, 03:56 PM
Oh and when I get a random text when I am doing homework it usually distracts me and makes me happy oh and the cold breeze when its already freezing cold I dont kno why but it comforts me.

twocows
February 24th, 2010, 04:02 PM
I prefer rain/snow, but very little wind. Storms are cool, too.

Also, I really like cute things; I see them and I get all warm and fuzzy, and if I was in a bad mood, I feel better. That's why my wallpaper is currently puppies.

Medli
February 24th, 2010, 04:51 PM
Puppies. I know puppies are naturally cute, but it makes me so happy when they do the "squinty-eyes" face. You know, when you pet them in just the right spot or when they're sleepy and they close their eyes. It's the most adorable thing in the world.

The smell of books. I'm not sure why. There is something satisfying about it.

The sound of water also makes me happy. Either splashing in it, stepping through it, whatever. I like it.

I probably have more, but I just can't think of them right now.

Edit: Actually just thought of this while I pressed the icon to post. For whatever reason, I absolutely love the sound of old keyboards when they click-clack when you type. I love it so much. Any keyboard sound will do, but the "clackier," the better.

Edit Again: Random quotes also make me happy. Callandor's post below me (your quote in the signature) reminded me. Hahaha.

I have a few from video games and a lot from books that make me happy. I actually have a quote book full of them. Some are funny and others are more inspirational. One of them that makes me really happy is from a book called "Just Listen" by Sarah Dessen. A character says, "Silence is so freaking loud." For whatever reason, I smile whenever I think of it.

Callandor
February 24th, 2010, 05:03 PM
Sweet! So many people with weird happy things!

I just got this vid from a friend and it also makes me happy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Bmhjf0rKe8

Saltare.
February 24th, 2010, 05:05 PM
When someone gets hurt :D

Like when Krissie bit Austin...I don't know why...but it looks infected :/

Jolene
February 24th, 2010, 05:19 PM
I like it sometimes when I am in the car and it goes over a hill and it makes my tummy feel happy inside.

Idiot!
February 25th, 2010, 07:53 AM
Seeing something novelty that can make me laugh.

Samme!
February 25th, 2010, 09:05 AM
• Torrential downpours (drizzling rains do no good whatsoever)
• When I'm flipping through channels and I see that a show I haven't seen in years is on
• Tulips
• Those mildly warm early Spring days where there's a gently breeze :)

There's obviously more things, I just can't think of anything else at the moment.

kieeeranz
February 25th, 2010, 11:15 AM
old timey stuff (:
like pianos or record players >//<

Mizan de la Plume Kuro
February 25th, 2010, 12:36 PM
The rain and being on a modern facility on the side of a snowy mountain. Also, being in a twilight-like planet where the deep-blue sky is eternal and it's cold.
See Tegami Bachi.

Alexithymia~
February 25th, 2010, 12:52 PM
Weird things that make me happy;

Flossing
Accidently plaiting my earphones into my hair
Pulling up my socks after they fall down [I remembered this after someone else on here mentioned it]
Cleaning under my nails with sharp implements
Feeling cold metal with both my hands
Seeing protectiveness
Wiggling my nose. xD'
There's other stuff, but I can't really remember right now.
Might edit if I remember anything of magnitude. :3

Jolene
February 25th, 2010, 01:53 PM
Also, I like humming Scarborough Fair.

Cassino
February 25th, 2010, 02:40 PM
Going out in the rain, coming back soaked through and having a nice hot bath.

Old book smell — no, not new books, really old books.

Eating an uncut animal, which is to say the whole body of the thing is, like, there, whole, bones an' all. No head though, we humans have odd tendancies towards any form of face... like oh, if its eyes aren't gouged out it will watch you eat itself and its spirit will come after you.

Speaking of which, such fantastic beliefs are nice too, provided nobody cares too much about them... (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Religion)

The Apprentice™
February 25th, 2010, 02:45 PM
Whenever I have exact change when I buy something. Ahhh it feels so good. Lol

reyzn
February 25th, 2010, 02:45 PM
Poking other people.
Being poked.
Being ticklish xD

Captain Hobo.
February 25th, 2010, 02:46 PM
The smell of all the books in a bookstore......

Cheesymitten
February 25th, 2010, 03:11 PM
Lying down and just thinking.
Finding something new out for the first time.
Not having my hair really short when having a haircut.
Taking off on a plane is always a good thrill b^^b

ArcanineOod
February 25th, 2010, 06:39 PM
Old book smell — no, not new books, really old books.

Same here. I adore the smell of really old books.

Realising that a word I'm thinking about has a Latin or Greek origin.
Finding something that has something to do with Classics
Making random connections to Classics.
Getting a new email
Thinking about Classics
Cleaning my glasses
Making funny faces in a mirror
Yup. XD
xX

Honest
February 25th, 2010, 06:50 PM
I prefer to have a pen nearby me whenever I sleep. I get depressed when I don't. I don't know why. >_>

Medli
February 25th, 2010, 07:51 PM
old timey stuff (:
like pianos or record players >//<

Oh, me too! Record players rock. Anyway, I love old timey music. It makes me very happy inside. I love listening to a bit of jazz on piano, and the sound of a record turning is very calming to me.

And for whatever reason, the sound of a barbetshop quartet makes me really happy. I really don't know why. I'm a choir nerd, and I love the sound of guys' singing. It sounds so weird saying that. Lol. I guess that's the point of this thread, though. Barbershop quartets for the win.

I'm glad that I'm not the only one that likes the smell of books. The older the better.

Lithia
February 26th, 2010, 03:15 AM
When I finish reading all the books from some saga, trilogy, something like that, except the last one that still hadnt come out. Then I wait for a year or so, the book finally comes out, so I buy the book, sit on my bed at home, open it and smell it. Smell of this kind of book makes me extremely happy. Its a smell of a victory. I also love the sound of wraping paper. Like when I open some present, or a video game... the best thing on it is that plastic on it. Because of that I also watch lots of unboxings on youtube. And that is really weird. Watching other person opening a box and feeling happy because of it...

Lana.
February 27th, 2010, 05:36 PM
Puppies. I know puppies are naturally cute, but it makes me so happy when they do the "squinty-eyes" face. You know, when you pet them in just the right spot or when they're sleepy and they close their eyes. It's the most adorable thing in the world.

The smell of books. I'm not sure why. There is something satisfying about it.

The sound of water also makes me happy. Either splashing in it, stepping through it, whatever. I like it.

I probably have more, but I just can't think of them right now.

Edit: Actually just thought of this while I pressed the icon to post. For whatever reason, I absolutely love the sound of old keyboards when they click-clack when you type. I love it so much. Any keyboard sound will do, but the "clackier," the better.

Edit Again: Random quotes also make me happy. Callandor's post below me (your quote in the signature) reminded me. Hahaha.

I have a few from video games and a lot from books that make me happy. I actually have a quote book full of them. Some are funny and others are more inspirational. One of them that makes me really happy is from a book called "Just Listen" by Sarah Dessen. A character says, "Silence is so freaking loud." For whatever reason, I smile whenever I think of it.

All of this, pretty much. xD

The smell of running water (as in a stream/river/brook/creek) in the middle of a forest is satisfying to me.
I also like poking/nudging/prodding/kind of running into people. (not overly so, though, and only to friends.)
People playing with my hair feels nice to me.
And, sometimes, there will be these passages in books that are just so perfectly described... it gives me chills. Most of the time, they're just like a sentence or two, but I will go back and read those bits over and over. The two I remember best are in The Tale of Despereaux and The Red Pony.

Kon~
February 27th, 2010, 08:04 PM
I have strange'uns.

- Things that send a shiver down your spine (this includes touching the ends of your hair, pulling cotton wool apart, trying to write with a broken pencil)
- Cracking the spine of new books
- When I finish a level or something in games, I get immense satisfaction. Same when a game character thanks me or compliments me... I get so happy!
- Watching the clock when it says 11:11 or 12:21, waiting for palindromic times
- When I've just successfully sang an entire song without forgetting any of the lyrics or messing up the order (a rare occurance in my life)
- Hurting people (in a nice way... is there such a way? I mean, just light scratches, makes them go "ow!" and then its forgotten about)
- New boots!
- Waking up, seeing it's afternoon and going back to sleep anyway
- When someone mentions something that I thought only I knew about (Like Full Moon wo Sagoshite, or The Mighty Boosh)
- Clicking my neck and spine

I could go on. :D

flight
March 5th, 2010, 08:18 PM
I can start off with this:

Warm, Sunny weather - This is one of the best things about being in Florida. The sunny weather and how breezy it usually is; it's really enjoyable and makes you want to stay outside for long periods of time. Heck, during these conditions, you wouldn't even wan to go back inside. You would just want to soak up all the sun and feel the breeze through your hair. I remember a time period whereas I was in this condition, and it felt really good, albeit it was a bit chilly, but I don't really mind.

I have more but I feel like I should only mention the above. Seeing as I'm in a sunny mood usually, why not? XD

Vampire://Krimm
March 5th, 2010, 08:43 PM
Probably as soon as I get out of the shower and the moment I burrow my face into my super soft towels~ XD

Just makes me happy, I always smile when I do lol

♣Gawain♣
March 6th, 2010, 03:38 AM
My cactus collection makes me happy, for some prickly reason. Plus reading science books and documentaries and stargazing. To be general, being alone.

Muffin™
March 6th, 2010, 06:18 PM
Looking at weird/messed up/funny ads on the internet. xD

And, oh yea. The crunch you get from chewing chips makes me feel like "...I need one NOW!"

There's probably a bunch more, can't think of any at the moment.