PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone ever read mouseover text?

Misheard Whisper
February 26th, 2010, 06:16 PM
I notice lots of members here (myself included) have lots of little dotted lines in their signature. I personally can't help but read these when I see them, but do you guys? Do you just skim by it, or must you satisfy your burning curiosity that is aroused every time you see that little dotted line?

TrinityLimit
February 26th, 2010, 07:09 PM
i sometimes do because im rather quite nosy and curious :3

Sarah Paliner
February 26th, 2010, 07:09 PM
Curiosity always get the best of me, so I usually hover over hovertext to see what members have to say that's too long for their signature. Besides, not like I'm busy with something more productive or anything...;_;

Misheard Whisper
February 26th, 2010, 07:14 PM
Haha, I find that it actually takes up more room if you do have mouseover text. I was busy putting in [title] tags when all of a sudden it told me my sig had to be below 3,000 characters. I had to lose a couple of mouseovers in order to make it fit, haha.

jigglyppuff8
February 26th, 2010, 07:29 PM
Depends on the context. If it's text like pair, theme, or something another, then I usually overlook it. I also ignore it if it takes up a majority of the signature space (i.e. everything has tiny dots under it). If it's ambiguous though, I tend to read it.

♣Gawain♣
February 26th, 2010, 07:30 PM
I love to read those texts. Although most of them are typos and nonsense or "secrets".

Yoshimi
February 26th, 2010, 09:11 PM
I only read it if I happen to see it while I'm scrolling on the page.

Route 18
February 26th, 2010, 10:52 PM
Most of the time I do, if it's an interesting member/signature, but if it's something obvious, like a pairing, then I probably won't look.

Mizan de la Plume Kuro
February 27th, 2010, 01:37 AM
I usually always read mouseover text, and yes I'm looking at you Whisper. XD

Jesh
February 27th, 2010, 01:40 AM
Haha, I always look at the mouseover text. Unless the outside says some crap like PC FAMILY OMG :DDDDD cause then I'm just like whoaaa no gtfo >:o

Misheard Whisper
February 27th, 2010, 02:00 AM
I usually always read mouseover text, and yes I'm looking at you Whisper. XD
I have a funny feeling that you see right through me here . . .

Talli
February 27th, 2010, 02:08 AM
Sometimes if I have the time to..other times I don't

Cheesymitten
February 27th, 2010, 02:23 AM
I love doing that
Especially when they tempt me to look.
Then it tends to be quite disappointing XD

Synaesthesia
February 27th, 2010, 11:51 AM
Yeah I usually read them. It's like a hidden message that's out in the open. I'm curious. XD

OokamiShipper
February 27th, 2010, 11:54 AM
I love to do it, it's fun, in my opinion. x3

Vital
February 27th, 2010, 02:18 PM
If I see them, defiantly. I'm a really nosy person. : P

Cherrim
February 27th, 2010, 07:15 PM
I pretty much only read them when I care about what it's going to say. If the signature caught my attention and I actually, you know, care who someone is paired with and whatnot, I'll hover. I usually skip over the ones that don't have an obvious meaning (ie, random phrases or words are title'd) since ambiguity often annoys me.

But yeah, if I'm actually reading everything in the signature anyway, I'll go for it. Otherwise I skim over it like I would anything else.

Halcyon
February 27th, 2010, 07:26 PM
It is weird that I read mouseover text in posts and not in signatures.

Lucy Lu
February 28th, 2010, 07:08 AM
I will usually read over the mouseover text. If the signature is interesting enough and they got that type of text, I will check it out. I am a curious person as you can see. So sometimes I usually do it.

Captain Hobo.
February 28th, 2010, 08:06 AM
Yes I usually do read them most like Luck when I am scrolling down the page lol:)

Heather
February 28th, 2010, 09:14 AM
I usually do read the mousetext thingys :) You guys have some pretty interesting things in your signatures. :)

Ayselipera
February 28th, 2010, 11:35 AM
If I know it involves a pair I may look over out of curiosity. If I can tell it's just a bunch of dumb websites they want you to visit I skip past it.

Rokusasu
February 28th, 2010, 12:23 PM
Yes. I am a very nosy Roku. :D

Ardos
February 28th, 2010, 04:14 PM
Yeah, I usually do for fun xD

Dukey
February 28th, 2010, 09:29 PM
On occasions, generally just the credit ones because I like stalking people's graphics xD

Sammi
March 2nd, 2010, 04:22 PM
I thought this was about hovering over thread titles to see the first part of the thread without opening it at first. :(

Not really, because I have signatures turned off. In the rare chance I see it in posts, I'll hover over. I'm a naturally curious person.

Sotto Voce
March 4th, 2010, 02:33 PM
I'm the only one who doesn't know what mouse-over text is... xD

Zorua
March 4th, 2010, 02:41 PM
Whenever I get a chance to/when I come across them. I'm normally curious to see their contents, so yeah.

Tyrantrum
March 4th, 2010, 03:23 PM
Of course! I mean, it's hidden text. Our curiosity is going to move our hands to put the mouse over the the dotted-lined text to see what it says.

Klippy
March 5th, 2010, 11:14 PM
I read the mouseover text under thread titles. I usually like reading what I'm about to click into before I actually click it. XD I dunno why.

Caelus
March 7th, 2010, 10:05 AM
If they don't involve pairs, family, or any credit there's a good chance I'll look to see what it says.

Otherwise I tend to avoid it.

Cold Fusion
March 7th, 2010, 10:17 AM
I do tend to look at them, if there is millions in the signature then only a few because I'm too lazy to look through them all. Normally I'm curious what's there so, yeah.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™
March 7th, 2010, 10:37 AM
I read it if something else in the sig catches my eye. After all, I use mouseover text in my own sig, so...

Reminiscing
March 8th, 2010, 03:37 AM
I always read it, it brings me into curiosity. >.>

emoBill™
March 8th, 2010, 06:24 AM
Yes. I always do.
I get tempted.
:3

Shadow Sneak Sableye
March 8th, 2010, 08:00 AM
I normally always do because members use it really creatively!