PDA

View Full Version : March Gaming Event

Klippy
February 26th, 2010, 09:11 PM
[a id]tf2[/a id][css-div="min-width: 600px; max-width: 1350px; margin: 0 auto; padding: 10px; font-family: Arial, sans-serif; background-color: #292828; color: #3ec875; -moz-border-radius: 3px; -webkit-border-radius: 3px; border-radius: 3px;"][css-div="border: 2px solid #D4D4D4; background-color: #363535; color: #fff; float: right; padding: 10px; min-width: 150px; max-width: 250px;"]Content
[alink id="intro"]Need a dispenser here![/alink id]
[alink id="join"]Event information[/alink id]

FAQ
BONK!Find the luck of the Irish battling it out on 2fort, find yourself a good rocket kill against a Spartan or destroy some environments on the battlefield. This time around we'll be playing Team Fortress 2, Battlefield: Bad Company 2 and Halo 3.

The currently scheduled date for the PC event is set for March 13th, 2010 at 5PM Pacific Standard Time. The Xbox 360's date is to be announced. The PS3's date is to be announced. Time and date are subject to change.

Leave posts in this thread relevant to the gaming event (for confirming you're coming and/or any questions related to the game or event. Posts deemed irrelevant will be deleted)

http://i263.photobucket.com/albums/ii146/klippyspics/kon4.png http://i263.photobucket.com/albums/ii146/klippyspics/blueblue2-2.png
[/css-div][css-span="color: #3ec875;"]March Gaming Event[/css-span]
http://i46.tinypic.com/98hijn.png

[a id]intro[/a id]I'm a black Scottish cyclops!All the information you'll need about the upcoming March gaming event.

[css-span="color: #d4d4d4;"]Finally switching it up a bit. This time, we'll be playing some Team Fortress 2 on the PC, a little bit of Halo 3 on the Xbox 360! Three new games to the event circuit and hopefully ones that stick around for quite some time!

Anyone is welcome to join, naturally, but for those signing up for the PC event, join this Steam group (http://steamcommunity.com/groups/pokecommunity). There's an event scheduler on there and it's an easier way to contact anyone who is playing.[/css-span]

[a id]join[/a id]Event informationSpecific information regarding the March gaming event.

[css-span="color: #D4D4D4;"]PCWhen: March 13th, 2010 5PM PST (http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?day=13&month=3&year=2010&hour=17&min=0&sec=0&p1=137)
Other Info: Join the above Steam group and be online, in game, and ready to play, when the time comes and you will be invited into a group to play.

Xbox 360When: March 12th, 2010 10PM EST
Other Info: On the Xbox 360, we'll be playing some Halo 3. To get yourself a spot, add Aria of Fate on Xbox Live and be ready to play when the date rolls around! [/css-span]
CSS credit (http://www.pokecommunity.com/member.php?u=160)
[/css-div]

Alex_
February 26th, 2010, 10:46 PM
Aw, that sucks. I wish Xbox could have gotten a game that was made within the last couple years.

Klippy
February 26th, 2010, 11:25 PM
Aw, that sucks. I wish Xbox could have gotten a game that was made within the last couple years.

Not really sure what you expect me to say. Either you play the event or you don't. Complaining about it won't change what game was chosen, unless Morkula actually wants to swap to another game, but I don't really think anyone'll be thrilled to do Left 4 Dead 2 again (since I don't think he has many other multiplayer games).

I'll try to buy Bad Company 2 in the coming weeks and we can plan for an event for that, but otherwise I know you're capable of PMing me to suggest a game and host one yourself if you really don't find what's being picked satisfactory to your needs.

Akeraz
February 27th, 2010, 03:26 AM
Sucks that I'm totally broke at the moment and won't be able to buy BFBC2 for another month.

-sigh-

Razer302
February 27th, 2010, 08:35 AM
i might go get bc to. Although I bought White knight chronicles today so still unsure. Myabe do MAG next time

Morkula
February 27th, 2010, 08:51 AM
Considering it's still the second most popular game on XBL, and was the most popular until MW2 came out, I think it's still a relevant choice. It's a game that most people who own a 360 have, and we can have a lot of people playing at the same time. If you don't like it, no one's holding a gun to your head and forcing you to play it. Stop trolling the thread.

And it's looking like we'll be playing Halo 3 on Friday night - March 12th. That's not final, but just giving you guys a heads-up. I'll have a more final date/time in the next day or two.

Ambellina
February 27th, 2010, 09:09 AM
Hmm, I'm totally down for Halo 3! this gives me an excuse not to sell it! Thanks guys! XD

Raaji
February 27th, 2010, 10:14 AM
I'll go ahead and go for Halo 3. Haven't played it since MW2 came out, but it might still be somewhat fun.

Alex_
February 27th, 2010, 11:04 AM
Considering it's still the second most popular game on XBL, and was the most popular until MW2 came out, I think it's still a relevant choice. It's a game that most people who own a 360 have, and we can have a lot of people playing at the same time. If you don't like it, no one's holding a gun to your head and forcing you to play it. Stop trolling the thread.
You're completely right. Putting my viewpoint out there is totally trolling. I'll remember not to do that again. Sorry.

Cherrim
February 27th, 2010, 11:44 AM
Put me down for Halo but remind me about it the day before or day of because I will totally forget. :'D

February 27th, 2010, 06:08 PM
I'll go for some Team Fortress 2. Prophunt anyone?

Team Fortress 2 was released less than a month after Halo 3. Only the PS3 owners are going to be playing a new game.

Munch Dog
February 27th, 2010, 07:22 PM
I'll be down for some TF2 as well. Can't wait to burn you guys up :p

Rich Boy Rob
February 28th, 2010, 01:52 AM
I'm good for some Halo 3, that game never gets old in my opinion.

Raaji
February 28th, 2010, 09:30 AM
You're completely right. Putting my viewpoint out there is totally trolling. I'll remember not to do that again. Sorry.

Well, it would be nice to have a newer game on the Xbox like BFBC2, but maybe next time.

Klippy
February 28th, 2010, 09:44 AM
Well, it would be nice to have a newer game on the Xbox like BFBC2, but maybe next time.

Like I said, I'll try to get that within the coming weeks. I will just make a point though. Whenever we've went and done games that have just come out, the turnout is just bad. It's not like every, single member goes out to get the game the same time other members do, so we try to do games that people have had time to go out and buy. And yes, we did play L4D so much because so many people came out for the events in previous times, but that's why we're doing some other games this time. Sorry they're not all brand new, but it's just pointless if we get three people turning up to play a game that was just released.

But how about this. If any responsible members want to PM me and give me a choice for a game that is fairly popular and the turnout would be decent, I'm willing to let them be host to an event whenever the next one rolls around.

Synaesthesia
February 28th, 2010, 10:44 AM
Aw crap, I was really looking forward to playing Team Fortress 2 with PC, but I'll be away on March 13th.

Schedule another TF2 event soon okay?

Haunter Master
March 4th, 2010, 12:55 AM
Sign me up for some TF2! I want to see how good you guys are at TF2.

Ambellina
March 4th, 2010, 08:28 AM
I agree with Klippy. I know I can't afford BC2 & won't be able to until about the end of march when I come back from my trip

donavannj
March 4th, 2010, 07:54 PM
Shoot... I'll be away from my house on the 12th. :( Though I don't even know if we'll have a new Live subscription or our new 360 that we're planning on getting to replace ours (we're selling it to family).

Anti-Hero
March 8th, 2010, 07:19 PM
I might be up for halo if i can get my xbox running. and can get my copy of halo back.

Morkula
March 11th, 2010, 11:19 AM
Just a reminder that the Halo event will be tomorrow night at 10PM EST. The PC TF2 event isn't until Saturday night.

wakachamo
March 12th, 2010, 09:32 AM
Count me in on the TF2 event.

parallelzero
March 12th, 2010, 09:54 AM
I guess I'll be playing Halo tonight, whenever I get off work.

Klippy
March 13th, 2010, 01:24 PM
Just a reminder that the Team Fortress 2 event is today at 5PM PST. That's in about three hours and 30 minutes for those that don't know where PST is. Hope to see you there!

twocows
March 13th, 2010, 05:00 PM
Ah, didn't see this before. I'd like an invite if there's still a spot. I'm on TF2 right now.

Zet
March 13th, 2010, 09:06 PM
I forgot about timezones yesterday, so I missed the TF2 event ;o;