• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

I told you no already!

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 13, 2024
Do you take no for an answer? Or do you try to reason with someone to get them to budge a little and maybe say yes?

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Aug 28, 2012
I dunno. If I really do want something, I don't take no for an answer. But if it's all right, then it's all right.

Lucy Lu

Keep On Moving Foward...
Years
  • Seen Mar 6, 2014
Well I will take "no" for an answer. If it has something to do with money, I usually will get help. If I ask ahead of time. But if it is other stuff when someone says "no". I know they don't want to do it or they don't have it. I just leave it. Now I get people asking me stuff and when I say "no" sometimes I will feel guilty. Maybe I should helped this person out, but I got other stuff to worry about. I got to work on me first. So usually people will understand. If not, too bad.

Honest

Hi!
Years
If it's my parents who are saying no, I try my hardest to make them change there mind. : P

If it's my friend, I usually say something like, "you sure?" If they hold, I let the matter drop. :D

Idiot!

One shot, one kill.
Years
  • Seen Mar 17, 2011
Depends. If it was from someone who won't understand my no, I won't take his/hers

helix

tea-binger.
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jan 21, 2016
'No' is a promise that can well be broken with a touch of persuasion..
Me, I mean it when I say it outright.

Sarah Paliner

:: Zetsubou no Carnival ::
Years
If they're serious about denying my request, I find it rather pointless to keep pursuing, since it could result in negative feelings later on. Of course, I might try to reason if it's nothing too serious.
I have a bad habit of saying "No" almost every time someone offers help. XD; When someone asks for help, though, and I refuse (which isn't often), the answer is definitive and I usually will not budge.

Heather

Years
  • Seen Jul 17, 2021
I will take no as an anwser because I know whenever I say no I really mean it. The only time I won't take no as an anwser is when the person is being unreasonable. Which happens a lot between me and my parents.

Uecil

[img]https://i.ibb.co/4jfYrCT/tHdpHUB.png[/img]
Years
to be honest, I can take no all the time for an answer unless theres something i really want, I will refuse.

Ayselipera

Occasionally if it's something I really want to know or do. Most of the time I just let it go because I usually find out some other way anyways.

Azzurra

Banned
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen May 3, 2013
I guess I'm more of the continuous asking type. I keep asking until I can actually come to an agreeable conclusion.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 13, 2010
Well, sometimes I'll be pushy and try to reason. But this is only if I think it's because of the person being misinformed--I would never bully a person for money or anything. o.o
But in the end, I'm afraid to annoy the person, and I genuinely fail at making points, so I move on eventually. :]
--
Nu, fojfoje mi estus insistanta kaj peni rezoni. Sed nur ĉu mi pensas ke ĝi estas ĉar la persono estas missciigita--mi neniam ĉikanus personon por mono. o.o
Sed, mi temiĝas de indignigi la personon, kaj mi aŭtentike fiaskas je rezoni, sekve mi ĉesas fine. :]

Lana.

*spin*
Years
Eh. Depends on what they said 'no' to. If it's something I think deserves a 'yes' (or at least a maybe), then I'll push a little. But, quite often, I'll just let it drop.

Years
A lot. I'm a pushover, you see. If I ask for something and people say no, I'm the kind of person that kind of shrinks a bit and mumbles "okay...", completely dropping the issue. (This is why I am not a good salesman at work -- because I am way too timid for my own good.)

It takes something truly special for me to actually not take no for an answer.

Back