PDA

View Full Version : D/P/Pt: Mono-Type, Generation, Duo Challenge (Yes, once again!)

Sydian
February 28th, 2010, 03:54 PM
I was thinking about bringing this challenge back for a while, but I didn't want to if I wasn't gonna participate. I mean, if you're gonna make a challenge, it's common courtesy to participate. And I've been so hooked on The Legend of Zelda, so I haven't been into Pokemon much. But I'm feeling like I should pick it back up. ANYWAY. xD

Okay, for those that weren't around the first time I made this (about a year ago), the rules are simple. Pick a generation, any generation! That's right. I, II, III, or IV? Alright. Now type. Still with me? Now. Only two Pokemon of that type and from that generation! OH NOES!!

It's not impossible, though. Trust me. These are the same rules from last time, but with a few changes.

Important: Please only post in the thread to enter or update. PM/VM any questions to me. Thanks!

Rules:
-Only ONE generation, ONE type(dual types are okay), and TWO Pokemon. Doesn't matter if two people have the same type and generation entry, as long as their two Pokemon are different.

-No legendaries. Rotom is allowed, as I don't consider it a legendary.

-HM Slaves are permitted, as well are just randomly catching someone, but don't level them up.

-Action Replay/GameShark may be used to get certain Pokemon, but please tell me if you are doing this. PokeSav is not allowed.
Ex: Generation I, Grass, Vileplume and Victreebel(both are only obtainable afer nation dex)

-Only TWO Eggs may be traded, unless you need to trade multiple eggs for a specific gender. (Gallade, Froslass, etc.)

-For Pokemon with new evos that you want in your duo, just make sure you end the game with that duo.
Ex: Eevee + Eterna Forest = Leafeon
Roselia + Shiny Stone = Roserade
However, it is recommended that you do stone evolutions as early as possible. Friendship evolutions get the slide on this.

-Only PokeBalls may be used to catch wild Pokemon, including legendaries.

-Challenge ends after catching your version mascot(Dialga/Palkia/Giratina), defeating the Elite Four, and catching Heatran. And remember, guys, it's not a competition. Just simply a challenge. Some of us can go through the game in five seconds(like my sister), others take it slow, like myself. So no rush!

-For those who need Wi-Fi trades to get certain Pokemon, the challenge technically starts after obtaining the first badge.

-Once you choose your entry, you may not change it unless it is invaild.
Ex: Generation I, Water, Politoed and Golduck
Politoed is generation II, not I. However, you can do Poliwhirl and Golduck. Evolving is not required.

-Don't forget to post which game you're using!

-Have fun and post often! Just don't post spam, please.

I haven't decided my stuff yet, so I'll either post or edit this one when I figure it out. But rest assured, I will do this challenge.

Edit; Yes, I've made my decision! I'm going with...

Sydian
Generation: IV
Type: Ice
Duo: Froslass and Abomasnow
Version: Diamond

Aquerex
Type: Flying
Duo: Vespiquen and Honchkrow
Version: Platinum

Ilixia
Generation: 4th
Type: Fighting
Duo: Infernape and Lucario
Version: Pearl

Silver enseron
Gen: I
Duo: Dragonite and Charazard
Game: Platinum

Ian Watkins
Gen II
Flying Type
Skarmory and Gligar

Zan
Gen II
Electric
Lanturn and Ampharos

mondays suck
Generation: I
Type: Rock
Duo: Omastar and Rhydon

pokemonmasterkoen
generation: IV
version: Diamond
type: Grass
duo: Turtwig and Budew

Horizon
Gen I
Fire
Nintales and Arcanine

TB Pro
Type: Ground
Duo: Mamoswine and Gastrodon

BenEary
Gen III
Grass
Breloom and Ludicolo

Bird Trainer
Generation:4
Type:Water
Duo: Empoleon and Floatzel

HallwayKid
Type: Normal
Duo: Lopunny and Staraptor

Bustin
Generation IV
Electric
Luxray and Electivire

Aquerex
February 28th, 2010, 04:57 PM
Oooh. =)

Aquerex
Duo: Dodrio and

Sydian
February 28th, 2010, 05:03 PM
Dodrio is gen. I. :( You can't use him for a generation IV challenge. Change the Generation or the Pokemon, otherwise I can't add you to the sign ups. And you need another Pokemon. :P

Alpha_Spike
February 28th, 2010, 05:11 PM
I got a question: If I have a huge collection of legendaries that I don't want to give up can I get them traded back into my game after I start again? I really don't want to part with my Arceus and Deoxys and such

Sydian
February 28th, 2010, 05:19 PM
Yeah, you can have them on the game, just don't use them please. :3 And just remember, you still do have to catch the version mascot and Heatran, even if those are in your legendary collection.

Aquerex
February 28th, 2010, 05:25 PM
Dodrio is gen. I. :( You can't use him for a generation IV challenge. Change the Generation or the Pokemon, otherwise I can't add you to the sign ups. And you need another Pokemon. :P

D: But you can catch a Doduo on route 201 in D/P/Pt!

Oh yeah, I meant to put Honchkrow as my 2nd Pokemon... woops.

Let me re-sign up.

Aquerex
Duo: Dodrio if possible Vespiquen and Honchkrow

So I can't use Dodrio cuz its a 1st gen Pokemon? You can still catch it in D/P/Pt... *grumble*

Sydian
February 28th, 2010, 05:27 PM
Yeah, that sign up is better. xD By generation, I meant the Pokemon that were released that generation. :( Sorry, I should have been more specific. D; But thanks for joining the challenge! :D

Ilixia
February 28th, 2010, 05:32 PM
OOOh sign me up

Ilixia
Generation: 4th
Type: Fighting
Duo: Infernape and Lucario

That ok?

Sydian
February 28th, 2010, 05:33 PM
That's just fine. :)

First update, sorta. xD

Named my player Sydian, my rival's Ryan (BEACHY!!) and I'm trading 3 Snorunt eggs and a Snover egg right now. Oh, and I chose Piplup, his name's Jeffy, and I'm trading 4 Bidoof. I haven't even seen Starly yet. ._. Weird.

Alpha_Spike
February 28th, 2010, 06:47 PM
Yeah, you can have them on the game, just don't use them please. :3 And just remember, you still do have to catch the version mascot and Heatran, even if those are in your legendary collection.

Oh I don't use them lol. Also I don't send over ones that are part of in game stuff just events and ones I can't obtain from any normal means.

Sydian
February 28th, 2010, 07:00 PM
Oh I don't use them lol. Also I don't send over ones that are part of in game stuff just events and ones I can't obtain from any normal means

Yes, that's perfectly fine then. :) I don't blame you for wanting to preserve. Go ahead and start choosing your gen/type/duo. :o

Here's a quick update:

I hatched a male Snover and a male Snorunt, then I got a female Snorunt to hatch. I'm training them now against the first trainers in the game.

http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/7/74/Spr_4d_459_f.png
Obamasnow/ Snover lv. 6
- Powder Snow
- Razor Leaf
- Leer

http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/1/15/Spr_4d_361.png
CapriSun/ Snorunt lv. 5
- Powder Snow
- Leer
- Double Team

Alpha_Spike
February 28th, 2010, 07:13 PM
Hm I was thinking of Steel but Lucario is taken >< Also I wouldn't be able to do this straight away as I'm in a challenge on Ruby. And then I would need help to keep my legends and shinies lol

Gunn
February 28th, 2010, 08:25 PM
This seem fun for a challenge. :P I'm going with Steel type and I'm choosing Metagross for sure. I was gonna have Magnezone, but I don't want to do the whole Mt. Coronet thing. D:

Gunn
Type: Steel
Duo: Bronzong and Empoleon

Sydian
February 28th, 2010, 09:07 PM
If you want Metagross, you'll have to change to generation III. :( When I mean "generation", I mean the Pokemon released that generation.

Hm I was thinking of Steel but Lucario is taken >< Also I wouldn't be able to do this straight away as I'm in a challenge on Ruby. And then I would need help to keep my legends and shinies lol

Lucario's taken for a fighting challenge, so he's still up for grabs. :] And this is for DPPt, not Ruby.

Alpha_Spike
February 28th, 2010, 09:20 PM
If you want Metagross, you'll have to change to generation III. :( When I mean "generation", I mean the Pokemon released that generation.

Lucario's taken for a fighting challenge, so he's still up for grabs. :] And this is for DPPt, not Ruby.

Lol I know but I want to complete my ruby challenge before doing this one for platinum. >< But now Empoleon is gone. I was going to have Empoleon and Lucario...Hm...I'll think of something else but please keep Lucario for me for steel*begs*

Sydian
February 28th, 2010, 09:37 PM
It's fine to have Lucario for steel, I already told you. :P Have fun finishing Ruby.

I'm also training to level 15 before the 1st gym. Yes, I go through the game slowly, but trust me, over train while they're little. You won't regret it!

Alpha_Spike
February 28th, 2010, 09:39 PM
It's fine to have Lucario for steel, I already told you. :P Have fun finishing Ruby.

I'm also training to level 15 before the 1st gym. Yes, I go through the game slowly, but trust me, over train while they're little. You won't regret it!

Cool and haha you do kinda what I do. I tend to train so my party is usually around 10levels for each gym until like after the 4th gym cause then it gets harder >< So hm..*rushes off to look at steel types from Gen 4*

Gunn
February 28th, 2010, 09:55 PM

I swapped Metagross with another Pokemon. Bronzong is Gen. IV right? o.o

Zan
February 28th, 2010, 10:03 PM
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
il Join, just have to think about what to use
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

11wildy
February 28th, 2010, 10:15 PM
I don't fuly get this. Do we choose a gen to play in or do we play in Diamon/Pearl/Platinum? And then we can choose any gen to choose the 2 pokem,on off as long as they are released in that gen and are the same type?

empty streets
February 28th, 2010, 10:17 PM
I'm in! My first challenge <3

empty streets
Type: Water
Duo: Empoleon and Gastrodon

I can still use Empoleon even though another person chose it, right? I picked a different type, so it's ok I hope. If not, than I'll have to give up on water type TT

Zan
February 28th, 2010, 10:18 PM
I don't fuly get this. Do we choose a gen to play in or do we play in Diamon/Pearl/Platinum? And then we can choose any gen to choose the 2 pokem,on off as long as they are released in that gen and are the same type?

this 1 :play in Diamon/Pearl/Platinum? And then we can choose any gen to choose the 2 pokem,on off as long as they are released in that gen and are the same type!!!

Alpha_Spike
February 28th, 2010, 10:20 PM

Pick a generation and that determines what pokemon your allowed to choose from. If you pick gen 1 then you can only chose from the first gen pokemon. gen 2 only those created during gen 2 and so on and so forth. Then you pick two pokemon of the same type so long as they aren't used by someone else for that type and then you play through until you capture Heatran

Zan
February 28th, 2010, 10:36 PM
Ok so i pick Gen 2
Electric
Mareep and Chinchou
Pearl

Alpha_Spike
February 28th, 2010, 10:39 PM
Alright so I've decided to go with this:

Alpha_Spike(Characters name is Lycos)
Generation: 3rd
Type: Dragon
Duo: Flygon and Salamence

Ian Watkins
March 1st, 2010, 12:15 AM
Ian Watkins
Gen II
Flying Type
Skarmory and Gligar

Is this okay?

Zan
March 1st, 2010, 03:19 AM
Hello every one and welcome to Pika-News!
http://images.fanpop.com/images/image_uploads/Pikachu-pikachu-356505_650_401.jpg
So with this post i started this Challenge.
Started the game, named myself Zan.
did all the poke-stuff you have to do.
chose Turtwig as my starter.
did more poke-stuff.
finaly got pokeballs and whent out caching pokemon.
traded 2 eggs over from my diamond to my pearl.
and now just trying to hach them.

My Chinchou hached 1st
Then my mareep hached.
both ended up females.

Saved and posted here.

Stats now are:
Chinchou
Lv 1
http://pokejungle.net/other/pokepet/Chinchou.gif
Bubble
Supersonic

Mareep
Lv 1
http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/f/fa/Spr_3e_179.gif
Tackle

Till next time Pika-out!

mondays suck
March 1st, 2010, 05:35 AM
mondays suck
Type: Rock
Duo: Omanyte -> Omastar and Rhyhorn -> Rhydon

I will of course hack for them (if I manage it, otherwise I have a problem), and I'm going to have a ton of fun with Gardenia.

Ilixia
March 1st, 2010, 06:04 AM
Oh i just thought, do i need to have both pokemojn from the start, as ill have to wait to get Lucario the normal way. Can i just use Infernape till then (making it harder for myself i know)

mondays suck
March 1st, 2010, 06:18 AM
So, after dozens and hundreds of codes how to get a shiny level 100 Arceus with Hyper Beam, Blast Burn and Frenzy Plant or whatever else, I finally found one that lets different Pokemon spawn, a very strange one though. So, I got 493 Masterballs, dropped so many that it was Omanyte's number and then Omanyte spawned. Same for Rhyhorn. Very weird, but it worked. Of course, I didn't use the Master Balls) and caught them with Pokeballs instead. I got pretty lucky with the natures, Omanyte is Bashful, which is not good, but also not bad, and Rhyhorn got Adamant, which was the best thing that couldn happen. Not posting my team yet, a level 3 Omanyte and a level 2 Rhyhorn with standard movesets are anything but interesting.
Expect some more updates soon.

empty streets
March 1st, 2010, 07:35 AM
- named my character Mirai (female) and named my rival Markus
- chose Piplup as my starter and as one of my pokemon chosen for the challenge, named him Nathan
- saved

Piplup/Nathan
Lv6/Lonely
Pound, Growl
http://i014.radikal.ru/1003/21/b752a364a430.png

I'll catch Shellos later at the Windworks.

Pokemonmasterkoen
March 1st, 2010, 08:54 AM
hi all i'm going to join too but i started with diamond yet....
i think i'm going to pick ground but í'm not sure you will hear ok?

Amore
March 1st, 2010, 09:34 AM
About the Battle Tower thing....

On Diamond, Palmer's your 50th battle, whereas on Platinum, he's your 21st.

I think it should be have a streak of 21 in Battle Tower as one of the criteria.

Amore (Character name will be Platinum)
Duo:

http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/thumb/7/7f/395Empoleon.png/210px-395Empoleon.png
エンペルト

http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/thumb/d/d7/448Lucario.png/130px-448Lucario.png
ルカリオ

Lol, this is gonna be fun...

-I'm weak to Bertha, and members of all 4 Elite 4 and Cynthia
-Palmer's Dragonite and Rhyperior have super-effective moves on me.
-Heatran could potentially OHKO Lucario.
-Dialga is only hit super-effective if Lucario runs Earthquake, AND it has a lower catch rate in Diamond.

Pokemonmasterkoen
March 1st, 2010, 10:17 AM
hi all i want to join this monotype challenge.
my name is Pokemen (in pokemon diamond)
generation: IV
version: Diamond
type: Grass
duo: Turtwig (named ~forest~) and ~Blossom~(Budew)

Horizon
March 1st, 2010, 10:48 AM
Having completed this once before, I feel that I am going to play once again, using a similar setup to when I played before.

Player: Fire
Duo: Arcanine and Ninetales

Similar to last time except Arcanine instead of Charizard. I'll prepare some eggs on my Pearl save file and then post back here when I've started.

Ian Watkins
March 1st, 2010, 11:11 AM
By the way, before I start, am I allowed to evolve Gligar at any point, or does it have to stay as a Gligar?

Pokemonmasterkoen
March 1st, 2010, 11:15 AM
i started already... my ~Blossom~ is lvl 7 right now and ~Forest~ is lvl 9

Sudeki
March 1st, 2010, 11:16 AM
Do you guys all have like two ds's or something ;_;? I've always wanted to do these Mono-type challenges but I have no way of getting the pkm I want lol.

Pokemonmasterkoen
March 1st, 2010, 11:19 AM
Do you guys all have like two ds's or something ;_;? I've always wanted to do these Mono-type challenges but I have no way of getting the pkm I want lol.

i have only 1 ds but i got turtwig as starter and i catched budew above jublife city

Alpha_Spike
March 1st, 2010, 11:20 AM
About the Battle Tower thing....

On Diamond, Palmer's your 50th battle, whereas on Platinum, he's your 21st.

I think it should be have a streak of 21 in Battle Tower as one of the criteria.

Amore (Character name will be Platinum)
Duo:

http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/thumb/7/7f/395Empoleon.png/210px-395Empoleon.png
エンペルト

http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/thumb/d/d7/448Lucario.png/130px-448Lucario.png
ルカリオ

Lol, this is gonna be fun...

-I'm weak to Bertha, and members of all 4 Elite 4 and Cynthia
-Palmer's Dragonite and Rhyperior have super-effective moves on me.
-Heatran could potentially OHKO Lucario.
-Dialga is only hit super-effective if Lucario runs Earthquake, AND it has a lower catch rate in Diamond.

Um I think Empoleon was taken for a steel challenge.

By the way, before I start, am I allowed to evolve Gligar at any point, or does it have to stay as a Gligar?

I can answer this lol(I know I'm not the creator but I think hes still offline plus its good to help out). Since you picked the generation it came out in it has to stay as a gligar. Evolving it would make it a gen 4 Pokemon instead of gen 2

Ian Watkins
March 1st, 2010, 11:35 AM
Thanks Alpha!

And Sudeki, I do have two DS's. =3

One is my old, old DS that has a broken hinge that is falling off. xD
But it still works, so I use that for my trading. Right now I am breeding Skarmory and Gligar, and plan to trade them.

Also, if you want, I could try to help you get the Pokemon you want? If you have wifi.

Alpha_Spike
March 1st, 2010, 11:40 AM
I'm currently just waiting on a couple of trades then will be starting my challenge. I just wonder since my type is dragon and Trapinch is ground until it evolves at level 35 would that still be ok? I hope so otherwise its back to the drawing board

Sudeki
March 1st, 2010, 11:41 AM
Thanks Alpha!

And Sudeki, I do have two DS's. =3

One is my old, old DS that has a broken hinge that is falling off. xD
But it still works, so I use that for my trading. Right now I am breeding Skarmory and Gligar, and plan to trade them.

Also, if you want, I could try to help you get the Pokemon you want? If you have wifi.
Yeah I got Wifi, But I would need to start a new save to be able to do this, and then I would Have nothing worth while to give you :/.
And Yes Alpha_Spike as long as the final evolution is the type's your going for, and you evovle it as early as you can. :p

Ian Watkins
March 1st, 2010, 11:55 AM
Sudeki, it's fine, I don't really want anything worthwhile. :)

What Pokemon do you want? I have access to anything that you can catch on Platinum.

11wildy
March 1st, 2010, 11:59 AM
1 last question. Can you use legendary's/Garchomp?

I'll sign up for this.

11wildy
Generation: 3
Type: Dragon
Duo: Flygon and Salamence (might change to Lati@s if it's allowed)

Ian Watkins
March 1st, 2010, 12:03 PM
11wildy, you can't use legends, but you can use Garchomp.

11wildy
March 1st, 2010, 12:12 PM
then I'll use the 3th gen set-up, I'll be trading over one of my Bagons and Ill get myself a Trapinch

Amore
March 1st, 2010, 12:15 PM
Wait, you're not allowed to use a pokemon someone else is using?

That's stupid.Everyone else who does these challenges lets you.

Sudeki
March 1st, 2010, 12:29 PM
Wait, you're not allowed to use a pokemon someone else is using?

That's stupid.Everyone else who does these challenges lets you.
Its not as bad at the start, but once alot of people join in, its gonna get annoying to newer people xD, (If everyones taking there favorites)

Amore
March 1st, 2010, 12:39 PM
Yeah, but....fine.

Someone's took Lucario aswell, so know what am i meant to do?Gliscor's been taken...

Guess i'll have to run with Bibarel and Clefable...

See?It just ruins it for people not being able to pick their faves!!!

I mean, the Fr/Lg monotype manages fine!(although I still haven't been credited with completing it)

Ian Watkins
March 1st, 2010, 12:51 PM
No, just use what you want, I'm sure the owner won't mind now there are so many people.

Zan
March 1st, 2010, 12:51 PM
then I'll use the 3th gen set-up, I'll be trading over one of my Bagons and Ill get myself a Trapinch

Allredy taken by Alpha_spike

and Amore you cant, Bibarel is gen 4 and clefable is gen 1

Plus youre not aloud to use the pokemon if some1 is allredy doing the same type and gen but if thay finsh i think thay become free agan (not shore tho)

Amore
March 1st, 2010, 12:58 PM
Well that's stupid, so i'm not doing this challenge.

Alpha_Spike
March 1st, 2010, 01:19 PM
Rules state that your allowed to use the same pokemon so long as its not for the same type. If someone used a Lucario for steel then you can't use it for steel etc etc. Though I think if someones using something like say a gen 2 evo of something like Gligar it would be ok to use Gliscor since its not a gen 2 but that would have to be spoken over with the creator. And yes I've already stated I'll be doing gen 3 dragon using Salamence and Flygon which evolve from Trapinch and Bagon

mondays suck
March 1st, 2010, 02:05 PM
I didn't even read the rule that Pokemon can only be used by one person, but... Since Rock types are unpopular as hell anyways, there will probably no one care about my choices.

Update:
So, after catching my Rhyhorn and Omanyte, I first had to get them up from level 2 and 3 to something actually decent. Omanyte only had Constrict for attacking, so this was not really fun. At level 7, it finally learned Bite. Since I have a type advantage against the most Pokemon that are common early on, I decided that was enough grinding and went to Jubilife. There, I finished some more stupid miniquests like delivering a package or getting a Pokeitch that I am not really going to use anyways... And, which is by far more important, I got the Hidden Power TM and taught it to Omanyte. When it turned out to be HP Fire, I was like "Hell Yes" (Well,actually I said "Jawohl" and not "Hell Yes", but that's pretty much the same anyways), since it covers my greatest weakness, Grass. Even before I got the TM, I already fought a Pokemon of this type, a Budew. It was only 1 or 2 levels below Rhyhorn, but it could barely 2HKO after a Growth and when it could have killed Rhyhorn, it used Growth again (it is proven again and again: the AI is stupid), so Rhyhorn could finish it off with Horn Attack. Rival fight was also not much of a problem, since I started (not even on purpose, just out of habit and because it's such a good slave) with Turtwig, so he got Chimchar. Some minutes later, i arrived at Oreburgh, clicked away some more long speeches, fought some Geodudes and then could finally challenge Roark. He was easy, since I have Omanyte. It OHKOd both the part-ground types, and Cranidos barely survived, used Leer, got a Potion, but still died that turn.

Next: Some first Team Galactic encounters, and then the dreaded Eterna City will already be getting closer.

Team:
http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/9/90/Spr_1b_111.png
Rhynoc / Rhyhorn m Lv.10 @ /
Adamant Nature / Rock Head
- Horn Attack
- Tail Whip
- Stomp
- /
Very good nature, even though I would have preferred Lightningrod ability since I will not get any recoil moves anyways, but since Electrics are common in double battles and Omanyte is weak to that type, Lightningrod would have been actually useful.
About the nickname: well, in rememberance of the good old times, I have been playing a bit of Spyro recently, and it did kind of inspire me to choose this nickname.
http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/5/59/Spr_1b_138.png
Necro / Omanyte m Lv.15 @ /
Bashful Nature / Swift Swim
- Water Gun
- Withdraw
- Bite
- Hidden Power Fire
Again, the worse ability. I will not see much rain, but I definetely will suffer from critical hits. Nature is ok.
About the nickname: Because Omanyte is dead. Simple as that.

Sydian
March 1st, 2010, 02:11 PM
Oh i just thought, do i need to have both pokemojn from the start, as ill have to wait to get Lucario the normal way. Can i just use Infernape till then (making it harder for myself i know)

Yeah, that's fine. Just make sure you do end with Lucario and Infernape.

As for all these replies...umm...wow. I didn't think I'd get that many hits overnight. o.o It might take me a while to add that to the list...then again, you know who you are if you're in the challenge or not. But I do need to make sure no one's running the same duo.

Also, I beat Roark on the way home today and I'm getting ready for Valley Windworks.

Obamasnow/Snover lv. 16
-Icy Wind
-Grasswhistle
-Powder Snow
-Razor Leaf

CapriSun/Snorunt lv. 16
-Icy Wind
-Bite
-Double Team
-Leer

Rules state that your allowed to use the same pokemon so long as its not for the same type. If someone used a Lucario for steel then you can't use it for steel etc etc. Though I think if someones using something like say a gen 2 evo of something like Gligar it would be ok to use Gliscor since its not a gen 2 but that would have to be spoken over with the creator. And yes I've already stated I'll be doing gen 3 dragon using Salamence and Flygon which evolve from Trapinch and Bagon

No, you would have to stick with Gligar. That's the whole point in picking a generation. Even with all the new evos, you'd have to only choose one. Gliscor was released in the 4th generation, so a gen. II flying challenge would disallow Gliscor.

No, just use what you want, I'm sure the owner won't mind now there are so many people.

There are plenty of combinations to choose from. I'm going for something I don't really like too much. 4th generation isn't my favorite, ice types are meh, and I've never used Abamosnow (I've used Froslass though). So this duo is weird to me. They work fantastically, though.

Also, thanks to all of you guys who helped explain the rules when I wasn't around. xD

Alpha_Spike
March 1st, 2010, 02:19 PM
I like this challenge to the most part lol only thing I'm not too sure about would be the limit on amount but I'm still willing to give it a try =) It should be fun. Though I must admit I'm not a big fan of Flygon or Salamence but they are the only gen in which two dragons co exist that I could find. Anyway I gotta wait on a couple of things before starting my challenge but hopefully will be able to start soon.

Sydian
March 1st, 2010, 02:22 PM
Well, I'm online now, and since I might get grounded, PM/VM me any questions while you can. I might not get grounded, but eh. All that'll happen is my computer getting taken away. I'll still do the challenge if it is gone. I mean...what else am I supposed to do? >_>

but w8 culdent you say that you wanna run with a Dragonair and a dragonite, gen 1, thay both dragons just you wuld have to keep 1 a dragonair

Yeah, you could do that, actually. :]

Zan
March 1st, 2010, 02:27 PM
but w8 culdent you say that you wanna run with a Dragonair and a dragonite, gen 1, thay both dragons just you wuld have to keep 1 a dragonair

it dosent relly bother me anyway as i have Gen 2 Chinchou and Mareep (and i dont usealy use gen 2 so thats why i desided to use them)

anyway update coming soon

http://www.funnypart.com/pictures/FunnyPart-com-pikachu_mouse.jpg
Part 2 of my Mono-Gen-Duo Challenge (thats a mouth full ant it)

so from where i was i just lved up my pokemon and headed up to jublife city, delived the package to my rival (who i named Xan)
and prtty much saved and posted here

(it wuld of been longer but i have work T_T)

Stats now are
Chinchou
Lv 5
Bubble
Supersonic

Mareep
Lv 6
Tackle
Growl

Till next time Pika-out!

TB Pro
March 1st, 2010, 07:19 PM
Alright, this sounds kewl. I don't have a DS anymore, so I'll have to run it on an emulator, is that cool? I'll be able to post screenshots that way though, too. Anyways, here we go!

TB Pro
Duo: Mamoswine and Gastrodon

EDIT: Since I can't catch the first of my duo until the windworks, would it be chill if I just raised my Turtwig until then, seeing as it is part ground type, but I hate Torterra. Haha.

Sydian
March 1st, 2010, 08:28 PM
EDIT: Since I can't catch the first of my duo until the windworks, would it be chill if I just raised my Turtwig until then, seeing as it is part ground type, but I hate Torterra. Haha.

Okay, just make sure you have the Shellos before the 2nd gym and that's all you can use in there, too. :| Have fun? xD

TB Pro
March 1st, 2010, 08:30 PM
Okay, just make sure you have the Shellos before the 2nd gym and that's all you can use in there, too. :| Have fun? xD
Alright, sounds good. Gardenia is gonna give me hell. xD I just got Turtwig tonight, but I gotta go to bed. Tomoz I'll play more though. :)

Alpha_Spike
March 1st, 2010, 09:15 PM
Alright, sounds good. Gardenia is gonna give me hell. xD I just got Turtwig tonight, but I gotta go to bed. Tomoz I'll play more though. :)

XD Make sure to use Cheryl to the best. Level Shellos up ALOT while still traveling with her in Eterna forest. Hm maybe someone needs Ice beam or something XD. Hopefully I can start my challenge by tomorrow or sometime soon

11wildy
March 1st, 2010, 10:12 PM
Since Trapinch is taken I won't participate. This is stupid! why can't we just use the pokemon we want to use!

Alpha_Spike
March 1st, 2010, 10:28 PM
Since Trapinch is taken I won't participate. This is stupid! why can't we just use the pokemon we want to use!

Its a challenge: Its meant to be challenging. Trapinch is only taken as a dragon but its still available for ground types

Horizon
March 2nd, 2010, 12:09 AM
FIRST UPDATE

http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/sprites/dptr/dptr002.png
Player: Fire
Type: Fire
Duo: Ninetales and Arcanine
Play Time: 0:31

Okay, I'm using Generation I Fire Pokémon, specifically Ninetales and Arcanine. I got the eggs and two Firestones ready on my Pearl version, then began my adventure on Diamond. Started as the female character for a bit of variety, named her Fire, and the rival Water. Did the early game pleasentaries, picking Chimchar as my starter. Did the business with Rowan and Lucaas in the lab to retrieve my Pokédex, headed to the mart abd bought some Pokéballs. Caught three randomers and headed straight to the union room to retrieve my two eggs and the Pokémon holding the firestones. I walked around for a bit until the eggs hatched and immediately evolved them, so that they would learn moves that put them in good stead for the future. After that, I made my way back to the Sangdem Town pokémon centre to release the Pokémon that were holding firestones, gaining a few levels with Keeara along the way (the nickname I gave to Ninetales), and that's as far as I've got so far.

http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/sprites/dpffa/dpffa038.png
Lv. 4 Ninetales (Female, nickname Keeara)
Bashful nature
- Flamethrower
- Energy Ball
- Nasty Plot
- Quick Attack

http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/sprites/dpmfa/dpmfa059.png
Lv. 1 Arcanine (Male, nickname Maxx)
Impish Nature
- Fire Fang
- Thunder Fang
- Bite
- Roar

I'll periodically post updates as I do them. I'm not sure how much time I'll get to do it, but I enjoyed doing it last time so I'll do so again.

Alpha_Spike
March 2nd, 2010, 12:15 AM
Hey Horizon um don't want to burst your bubble but um it would have been better to not evolve them straight away lol Vulpix would have learned a lot more better moves then Ninetales: http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Vulpix_%28Pok%C3%A9mon%29#By_leveling_up http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Ninetales_%28Pok%C3%A9mon%29#By_leveling_up

But then thats just my thoughts cause I never use non damaging moves lol

Ilixia
March 2nd, 2010, 03:07 AM
--UPDATE1--

Ok got pretty far on my first day playing.
Started the game, named the character Ilixia and my rival Tristan. Did all the boring beginning stuff and picked Chimchar (obviously). As im not worrying about Lucario untill Iron Island I just set about training Chimchar and heading through the game. Beat Tristan outside Jublife at at somepoint along Route 203 Chimchar evolved into Monferno.
Cauught a Machop for initial HM slave and beat Roark quite easily. Healed and saved.

Team:
Lvl. 19 Monferno
Bashful Nature
-Fury Swipes
-Leer
-Flame Wheel
-Mach Punch

Sydian
March 2nd, 2010, 07:01 AM

It's a challenge, sir. This was originally made to be different than all the mono-type/pokemon/whatever challenges, and pretty much throw them together. If Trapinch/Flygon is taken for both a dragon and ground type challenge, then yes, it's knocked out. If it's taken for only one, it's still up for grabs. We wouldn't want everyone running with the same team. If you want something where it's easier to pick your team, find another challenge. Don't complain about this one.

Anyway, I'm in Eterna Forest. No fancy updates for me til later when I can get some real game time in. Off to school. Smell ya later.

BenEary
March 2nd, 2010, 07:23 AM
I wanna play!
I'll do a third gen grass challenge.
Breloom and Ludicolo

Horizon
March 2nd, 2010, 07:40 AM
Hey Horizon um don't want to burst your bubble but um it would have been better to not evolve them straight away lol Vulpix would have learned a lot more better moves then Ninetales: http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Vulpix_%28Pok%C3%A9mon%29#By_leveling_up http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Ninetales_%28Pok%C3%A9mon%29#By_leveling_up

But then thats just my thoughts cause I never use non damaging moves lol

Nasty Plot on Ninetales and Fire Fang/Thunder Fang on Arcanine means evolving them straight away is the best thing to do for an in-game run anyway.

empty streets
March 2nd, 2010, 07:43 AM
I'm giving up on this challenge for personal reasons ^^
So the water/Empoleon/Gastrodon are free now.

Pokemonmasterkoen
March 2nd, 2010, 08:04 AM
UPDATE 1:

hello everybody I chose at the start a turtwig( is now a grotle lvl 19 named ~Forest~) and I got a budew (started lvl 5 named ~Blossom~) and now he is lvl 19 caught starly,geodude and shellos as HM Slaves(didn't train them)
and beated Roark very easy...
beat galactic in valley windworks. Now i'm on the way to eterna forest.
(My character name is Pokeman and my rival name is Damion.)

Ilixia
March 2nd, 2010, 12:38 PM
--UPDATE2--

From Oreburgh travelled up to Floaroma Town and the Windworks and ran Team Galactic out (Bug pokemon fail to my fire =D). Went through Eterna Forest, again making short work of the bugs and took the oppertunity of constant healing to do some training.
Arrived in Eterna City, replaced Machop with Bidoof as HM slave and taught it Rock Smash and Cut which i picked up from Cynthia
Then twas time for Gym 2, Monferno KO'd everything in 1 hit. After beating Gardenia taught Monferno Grass Knot and saved.

Team:
Lvl. 30 Monferno
Bashful Nature
- Fury Swipes
- Grass Knot
- Flame Wheel
- Mach Punch

Sydian
March 2nd, 2010, 04:07 PM
I'm just now getting ready for the 2nd gym. I want them both to be on at least 25. This will be a pushover gym, but the next one will be a pain. -.-

Obamasnow/Snover lv. 24 (Snow Warning)
-Icy Wind
-Grasswhistle
-Powder Snow
-Razor Leaf

CapriSun/Snorunt lv. 25 (Ice Body)
-Icy Wind
-Bite
-Headbutt
-Protect

Geodude - Rock Smash
Bidoof - Cut

TB Pro
March 2nd, 2010, 05:24 PM
Alrighty, I'm not quite done playing for tonight, but I'll post what I've done so far.
I'm a male named Jess. My rival's name is Max. :)
http://i259.photobucket.com/albums/hh290/Blazikendude/Screens/Platinum%20Duo%20Challenge/Turtwig1.png
Chose Turtwig as my starter.

http://i259.photobucket.com/albums/hh290/Blazikendude/Screens/Platinum%20Duo%20Challenge/Bidoof1.png
Caught Bidoof for my HM slave.

http://i259.photobucket.com/albums/hh290/Blazikendude/Screens/Platinum%20Duo%20Challenge/Rivalbeat1.png
Beat Max for the first time.

http://i259.photobucket.com/albums/hh290/Blazikendude/Screens/Platinum%20Duo%20Challenge/Route203clear.png
Cleared everything up to Route 203!

http://i259.photobucket.com/albums/hh290/Blazikendude/Screens/Platinum%20Duo%20Challenge/RockSmash.png
The HM slave takes her role...

http://i259.photobucket.com/albums/hh290/Blazikendude/Screens/Platinum%20Duo%20Challenge/Roarkdown1.png http://i259.photobucket.com/albums/hh290/Blazikendude/Screens/Platinum%20Duo%20Challenge/Roarkdown2.png http://i259.photobucket.com/albums/hh290/Blazikendude/Screens/Platinum%20Duo%20Challenge/Roarkdown3.png
All OHKO'd!

http://i259.photobucket.com/albums/hh290/Blazikendude/Screens/Platinum%20Duo%20Challenge/Roarkdown4.png
Infinitely easy Gym Leader. :D

http://i259.photobucket.com/albums/hh290/Blazikendude/Screens/Platinum%20Duo%20Challenge/Grotle.png
Unusable evolution is unusable. :(

http://i259.photobucket.com/albums/hh290/Blazikendude/Screens/Platinum%20Duo%20Challenge/Shellos.png
YAY! I got my Shellos! Loads of grinding, here I come!
So, that's all I've done so far. I'll post another update tonight before I go to bed, probably.

EDIT: Omg, No$GBA crashed, and I hadn't saved. /slits wrists
EDIT2: Okay, I just sharked a level 5 Shellos on Route 203, to make it a little easier.

Alpha_Spike
March 3rd, 2010, 01:52 AM
As soon as I sort out my pokemon and get some help from my friend I'll be starting my challenge =) I'm looking forward to trying this

Silver enseron
March 3rd, 2010, 07:53 AM
I am wanting in on this challenge! and since the two i want are not used yet i ma go with them!.

Player name will be Raiko.
Duo: Dragonite and Charazard ( nicknames will come in first update )

Bird Trainer
March 3rd, 2010, 01:55 PM
Um can you tell me if this has been done yet.

Duo:Empoleon and Bibarel

Sydian
March 3rd, 2010, 02:13 PM
Um can you tell me if this has been done yet.

Duo:Empoleon and Bibarel

As far as I know, that one's free, so go ahead. I really need to update that first post so that people can know what's not available. :| Can't guarantee you'll all be in order of entry. xD

As for me, I'm in Wayward Cave and it was giving me a headache, so I'll pick the game back up later. Both CapriSun (Snorunt) and Obamasnow (Snover) are on level 30. I want them to be at least 35 before the fighting gym. Trust me, they'll need it. :|

Alpha_Spike
March 3rd, 2010, 02:15 PM
I'll be starting my challenge today =) though I gotta use Chimchar until I get the Pal Pad

Bird Trainer
March 3rd, 2010, 02:20 PM
I am starting right now! filllerrrr

Silver enseron
March 3rd, 2010, 02:22 PM
to let u know was planning on starting today but will start tomorrow need another ds to get my pokes! which when i see ma g/f i can do!

Sydian
March 3rd, 2010, 02:25 PM
Y'all ain't gotta post when you're starting the challenge. To shorten the spam in this thread, if you have any questions, just contact me. Only post here to enter and update.

Also, I've updated the first posts with all participants. Please let me know if I have something wrong or if I skipped you. Thanks!

TB Pro
March 3rd, 2010, 02:27 PM
Alrighty, I got to where I was last time.

http://i259.photobucket.com/albums/hh290/Blazikendude/Screens/Platinum%20Duo%20Challenge/Journal-Day1.png

I had a tough time with Mars, my Shellos just couldn't do much to her Purugly. I finally took her down though. Along the way, my beloved Shellos learned Mud Bomb. Yeah. :cool:

http://i259.photobucket.com/albums/hh290/Blazikendude/Screens/Platinum%20Duo%20Challenge/MudBomb.png

Here's my specs:

Name: Jess
Pokedex: 24
Badges: 1

Team:

http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/f/f4/Spr_4p_422E.png
Lv.18} Sir Ooze [Shellos] @ N/A
Ability: Storm Drain
Quiet nature (+Sp.Atk,-Spd)
- Mud Slap
- Mud Bomb
- HP[Flying]
- Water Pulse

http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/d/d2/Spr_4p_387.png
Lv.12} Tortilla [Turtwig] @ N/A
Ability: Overgrow
Sassy Nature (+Sp.Def, -Spd)
- Tackle
- Withdraw
- Absorb

http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/f/f2/Spr_4p_399_m.png
Lv.3} Bippa [Bidoof] @ N/A
HM SLAVE
- Tackle
- Rock Smash

Alpha_Spike
March 3rd, 2010, 05:03 PM
First update:

Chapter 1: The Beginning
(Read in spoiler for story)

After watching a tv show about Prof Rowan, my friend Barry wanted to head off and meet him. Just as Barry was about to enter the tall grass a voice called out to stop him, the voice we found out belonged to Prof Rowan. Shocked that we would do something reckless to get a Pokemon, Rowan decided to give us a Pokemon. I picked Chimchar and Barry got a Piplup. After a brief talk, Rowan left to his lab and me and Barry had a battle which I won. After resting at home for a bit I headed out to go thank Rowan but bumped into Barry who wanted to try catch the rumored Legendary Lake Pokemon though we soon realized we didn't have any Pokeballs. While at the lake we spotted an odd man, I wonder what hes doing..Well anyway I now headed to Rowan's lab to thank him. Upon arriving I was greeted by Dawn who took me into the lab. After a long talk Rowan gave me a Pokedex! So now my journey begins. After a quick run home to let my mum know what was happening, I proceeded towards Jubilife city. Just as I exited Sandgem I saw Dawn again and she taught me how to use pokeballs and even gave me 5! What a nice girl. I continued on my way and battled a few trainers before finally reaching Jubilife. Dawn showed me around and we saw another odd man, this one claiming to be a detective. After talking to the man, Dawn left and I went to the Pokemon school to deliver a parcel Barry's mother had asked me to give him. After he opened it he gave me the spare Town Map! I battled some trainers in the school and won a potion. I left Jubilife after getting a Poketch and headed for Orebuergh town. I caught some random pokemon on the way and upon arriving I traded with a friend to get a couple of eggs, these eggs are going to be my two main team. And now I'm watching for them to hatch before beginning my true training.

Events:
-Named myself Lucas and my rival Barry based on their anime counter parts
-Picked Chimchar as my starter
-Traded with Zan to get some of my Pokemon back and to get my eggs.
-Got a Poketch
-Beat Barry twice in one day.

Current team:
Egg
Egg
Chimchar
Arceus(only there for fateful encounter event to get Flame plate)
Geodude(going to use as a trade to get some of my pokes back)

Bird Trainer
March 3rd, 2010, 05:38 PM
I am having to withdraw filllllllllllleeeeeeerrrrrr

Sydian
March 3rd, 2010, 06:05 PM
Okay, I decided it was best to take out the one round of Battle Tower part of completion. No point in it since you only have two Pokemon trained up and you're required to use three/four. Yes, I'm aware of partnering, and I thought about it and scrapped that thought.

Thanks Zan, I didn't seem to catch that Raichu was gen. I when I posted that. So many people. xD But thanks.

Anyway, I got out of that abomination of a cave and helped Mira. Thank God. Now I'm almost to Hearthome and I'll ge levelling up to 35 (or higher) for Maylene's gym. This is gonna be a bumpy ride.

http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/9/90/Spr_4d_459_m.png
Obamasnow/Snover lv. 30 (Snow Warning)
-Icy Wind
-Razor Lead
-Grasswhistle
-Ice Shard

http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/1/15/Spr_4d_361.png
CapriSun/Snorunt lv. 31 (Ice Body)
-Ice Fang
-Crunch
-Protect
-Headbutt

TB Pro
March 3rd, 2010, 06:25 PM
Alrighty then, I'm probably done for the night. I did do quite a bit though, in my standards.
http://i259.photobucket.com/albums/hh290/Blazikendude/Screens/Platinum%20Duo%20Challenge/Journal-Day2.png

What I did...hm. To start off, I passed through Route 205 with relative ease, taking advantage of the healing lady. Soon thereafter, I abused Cheryl to grind Madamoozel. Also, I changed Sir Ooze's name to Madamoozel, since Sir Ooze is actually a female. Then, I decided to challenge Gardenia, and made short work of her Gym Trainers thanks to Hidden Power. :) Gardenia, however, didn't go down so easy. I had to try her 2 or 3 times before I finally beat her.

http://i259.photobucket.com/albums/hh290/Blazikendude/Screens/Platinum%20Duo%20Challenge/GardeniaDefeated.png
After I beat her, I made my HM Slave useful yet again.

http://i259.photobucket.com/albums/hh290/Blazikendude/Screens/Platinum%20Duo%20Challenge/Cut.png
Then I went in and completely raped Jupiter and her lackeys. I went and fought the trainers on Route 211, when this happened.

http://i259.photobucket.com/albums/hh290/Blazikendude/Screens/Platinum%20Duo%20Challenge/Gastrodon.png
I just now went back to Oreburgh Gate to get Flash and make my life in Wayward Cave a little easier. I guess next I'll go explore the Old Chateau, and then it's off to Route 206.

My specs:

Name: Jess
Pokedex: 44
Badges: 2

Team:

http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/8/84/Spr_4p_423E.png
Lv.30} Madamoozel [Gastrodon] @ N/A
Ability: Storm Drxain
- Body Slam
- Mud Bomb
- HP[Flying]
- Water Pulse

Lv.14} Tortilla [Turtwig] @ N/A
- Tackle
- Withdraw
- Absorb
- Razor Leaf

HM SLAVE
- Tackle
- Rock Smash
- Cut

Edit: Oh yes, the reason Tortilla was leveled up, is due to the Double Battles in the Galactic building, I wasn't raising it. :P

BenEary
March 3rd, 2010, 08:55 PM
My first update.
Started with Treecko and went through the beginning until I could get to route 102 and caught a Lotad. I named it Lotodrip.
Passed through Petalburg, went into the woods and caught a Shroomish. I named it Caparoo.
Easily beat Roxanne.
Saved Peeko, went to Dewford.
Delivered a letter to Steve, beat Brawly with a bit of difficulty.
Went to Slateport and gave Captain Stern the stuff.
I've just arrived in Mauville.

Pokemon:
Shroomish "Caparoo" Lvl 24
Lombre "Lotodrip" Lvl 21
Treecko lvl 6

Alpha_Spike
March 3rd, 2010, 09:01 PM
My first update.
Started with Treecko and went through the beginning until I could get to route 102 and caught a Lotad. I named it Lotodrip.
Passed through Petalburg, went into the woods and caught a Shroomish. I named it Caparoo.
Easily beat Roxanne.
Saved Peeko, went to Dewford.
Delivered a letter to Steve, beat Brawly with a bit of difficulty.
Went to Slateport and gave Captain Stern the stuff.
I've just arrived in Mauville.

Pokemon:
Shroomish "Caparoo" Lvl 24
Lombre "Lotodrip" Lvl 21
Treecko lvl 6

Um I think you got the wrong thread. This is meant to be a Platinum, Pearl or Diamond challenge not a Ruby, Emerald, Sapphire challenge

Zan
March 4th, 2010, 03:03 AM
http://sherryism.files.wordpress.com/2009/04/pikachu_car.jpg
Part 2 of my Mono-Gen-Duo challenge (still a mouth full)
And Thanks Sydian for fixing the 1st page ^_^
so from jubilife city i got my poketec and told about gyms

Xan (my rival) saw me and vsed me and he lost ^_^
headed right vsing every1 i culd to get exp
whent thu a cave and ended up in Oreburgh city and was told the gym leader was away in a mine

i whent into the mine, vsed a few workers and found the gym leader Roark
He showed me Rock smash and whent back to the gym

At the Gym i whent the short parth and defeted the 2 kids
When i vsed Roark my Chinchou beat his Geodude and Onix in 2 hits with Bubble
Chinchou then lurnt Water gun and beat Cranidos in 4 hits with Water gun
And with that i beat the 1st gym

Whent back West and got a Geodude for a Rock smash mule
Whent west more and was back at Jubilife city

1st thing i saw was a team called team galactic muscling professor Rowan for his cooperation
Me and his assistant vsed team galactic and won
Thay ran away and after that i saved and posted here

Stats now are
Mareep
Lv 12
Tackle
Thunder shock
Growl

Chinchou
Lv 13
Water gun
Super sonic
Bubble
Thunder wave

Geodude (Rock smash mule)
Lv 8
http://pokejungle.net/other/pokepet/Geodude.gif
Rock smash (thats all i use him for)

Till next time Pika-out!

Alpha_Spike
March 4th, 2010, 04:05 AM
New Update:

Chapter 2: Time to rock....Trouble at the windworks.
(Again major story part in spoiler and events after)

Story:
After receiving the eggs from my friend, I proceeded to run around Oreburgh until they hatched. It didn't take long for the first egg to hatch into a charming looking Female Trapinch which I named Colt. Happy with my new partner I continued my many laps of Oreburgh, an exhausting feat I must say. But in the end it was worth it as the second egg hatched a Female Bagon which I named Seful. Having my two partners at the ready I proceeded to train them, even going so far as to return to Jubilife and train around there. After much time training my two friends were ready for a gym battle, so I returned to Oreburgh. I went to enter the gym but remembered the advice Barry gave me so dropped by the Mine first, where I met Roarke and he explained Rock Smash to me. After doing so he left to the gym, closely followed by me. Once inside the gym I saw two trainers and figured I'd use them as extra training. Defeating them with ease using only Seful, I proceeded to the battle stage of the gym where Roarke was waiting for me. With a grin we began our battle, Roarke sending out a Geodude and me sending out Seful. Sadly by using Rock Polish, Geodude just defeated Seful but was too weak to handle Colt. After using Earthquake, Colt defeated Geodude. Seeing I had beaten his first Pokemon, Roarke sent out his Cranidos. I got Colt to use Earthquake but wasn't fast enough to beat Cranidos and lost the match. After healing my Pokemon I returned to the gym, ready for a rematch. After many close calls I defeated Roarke and earned myself the Coal Badge. Happy with my winning I left Oreburgh and bumped into Barry, though it was a brief encounter. After a long walk and a good training session I returned to Jubilife only to find some weird guys pestering Dawn and Rowan, they oddly dressed the same as the guy from the lake. After much arguing Rowan asked me and Dawn to battle the guys, who call them selves Team Galactic. Teaming up with Dawn we easily beat them, causing them to run scared. Ha! That will teach them to mess with us right? Well after the battle Dawn and Rowan left back to the lab and some guy from the tv station came and spoke to me. He gave me an item, meant to help my Pokemon with their fashion or something. After a quick visit to the Pokemon Center I left and headed to Floaroma Town, though there was trouble in the flowery paradise. Team Galactic it seems has taken control of the Windworks. Figuring I could help, I proceeded to the windworks and defeated the grunt that was guarding the door. After my victory he ran inside and locked me out! How rude! So I headed back to Floaroma and found two other grunts pestering a man about honey. I defeated them with ease having Seful help. They ran so fast they dropped a windworks key, an item I knew would help me get into the windworks and sort out this problem. I returned to the windworks and defeated all the grunts before encountering the Commander, a woman named Mars. Odd name for a person but doesn't matter. She challenged me to a battle and sent out a Zubat, which Seful made easy work of. After defeating her Zubat, Seful leveled up. But from the battle with Zubat, Seful was poisoned badly. So I switched to Colt when Mars sent out her Purugly which went down after two Earthquakes from Colt. Having rescued the windworks from Team Galactic I returned to my journey and headed to Eterna Forest where I met a girl named Cheryl. She offered to travel with me and keep my Pokemon healthy, something I couldn't refuse. Deciding it best, I trained with Cheryl for many hours getting ready for the upcoming gym battle...

Events:
-Hatched the eggs
-Named Trapinch Colt which is Romanian for Fang
-Named Bagon Seful which is Romanian for Head.
-Trained my team to level 11 before fighting and losing against Roarke
-Rematched Roarke and won.
-Defeated Galactic in Jubilife and Windworks
-Trained with Cheryl in Eterna Forest

Current team:

Seful/Bagon
Level 25
Moves: Rage, Bite, Ember, Headbutt

Colt/Trapinch
Level 25
Moves: Bite, Earthquake, Sand Tomb, Faint Attack

More next update.

Bird Trainer
March 4th, 2010, 04:14 AM
I have decided to join again butI will be doing a diffrent team

Duo:
Empoleon and Floatzel
Version:Platinum

Ilixia
March 4th, 2010, 05:53 AM
--UPDATE3--

Another Gym another update...
The route from Eterna to Veilstone is long, so plenty of time for training.

After defeating Gardenia used Bidoof's Cut to get into the Team Galactic building. Battled my way through to encounter Jupiter, who was quickly dispatched. The man i saved was so happy he gave me a bike!

Using my new bike travelled down the cycle path, battling the trainers on the way and ventured into the Wayward Cave where i met Mira and used her to help me train. Monferno eveolved into Infernape. Will return with Strength to get Earthquake.

Went south back to Oreburgh Gate and used my bike to reach TM31 Brick Break which i taught to Infernape

Travelled through Mt. Coronet to reach Hearthome City, but wasnt able to challenge the Gym leader yet so went West, beating Tristan along the way. Caught a Bibarel to replace Bidoof as HM slave. Ignored the Lost Tower for now as i thought it would be a good place to return with Lucario.

Nothing much to do in Solaceon, explored the ruins a bit then continued North and West and eventually ended up in Veilstone. FINALLY! Did the usual city exploration then went to challenge the Gym.
Although i had no effective moves against Fighting Types my lvl is so much higher against the pokemon here i KO'd everything in 1 hit, even Maylene. Machoke are Firly heavy so Grass Knot took care of those and Lucario's Steel subtype is weak to my Fire. Saved.

Current team:

Lvl. 45 Infernape
Bashful Nature
- Close Combat
- Grass Knot
- Flame Wheel
- Brick Break

--UPDATE4--

Ok im getting a tad bored now so im trying to get Lucario as fast as possible, which means getting surf as fast as possible, so im avoiding trainers (for now, ill return when training up Lucario) to get the the gyms i need first.

After beating Maylene i ran into that other kid whose name i cant remember, anyway he had lost his Pokedex so we went to get it back. After defeating some Galactic grunts i picked up Fly.

Headed south, avoiding trainers but picking up a Wingull and teaching it Fly, untill i reached Pastoria City. Entered the Safari to get Defog and then challenged the Gym. This was the gym i was dreading but by now i was so high level there still was no challenge. The only one of Wakes pokemon i didnt take out in one hit of Grass Knot was Gyarados (thaks to his Flying subtype) who managed to get a bite in before fainting next turn. Saved

Team:

Lvl. 47 Infernape
Bashfull Nature
- Close Combat
- Grass Knot
- Flame Wheel
- Brick Break

Ian Watkins
March 4th, 2010, 08:09 AM
Basically started, still training Stanley (Skarmory) and Gary (Gligar) up to a good level so I can move along.

Ilixia
March 4th, 2010, 08:51 AM
--Update5--

ok so this Update after each gym has its downsides when 3 of them are so close together -.- Anyway should be las update for a while as im now off to go get/train Lucario, which will take a while

So after beating wake i went to go stalk a Galactic member, beating Traistan again in the process, untill i could finally battle him and talk to Cynthia. She gave me a cure for the Psyduck's headache so i flew to Solaceon Town and headed up to Cure them.

Headed up to Celetic Town, battling only those trainers i couldnt avoid, where an old woman told me to defeat a Galactic Grunt: i did as i was asked and she gave me Surf as thanks. I immediately taught it to Bibarel

Now i flew back to Hearthome City as i could now challenge Fantina. She wasnt to difficult Gengar and Mismagius both went down in 1 Flame Wheel and Drifblim in 2 (although its Aftermath nearly killed me)

Now i can go to Iron island and get my Lucario egg, though its got alot of catching up to do -.-

Team:

Lvl. 51 Infernape
- Close Combat
- Grass Knot
- Flame Wheel
- Brick Break

Bibarel
- Cut
- Rock Smash
- Surf

Wingull
- Fly
- Defog

HallwayKid
March 4th, 2010, 10:05 AM
HallwayKid
Type: Normal
Duo: Lopunny and Staraptor

Alpha_Spike
March 4th, 2010, 01:38 PM
Chapter 3: An Eterna problem
Story:
After spending ages training with Cheryl, I left the Eterna forest. Just before we left Cheryl gave me an item as a sign of our friendship, a soothe bell. With memories of my training still in hand I rushed to the gym only to bump into Gardenia standing outside the gym awaiting a new challenger. Apparently Barry had spoken with her and informed of my coming. After a quick chat Gardenia informed me that I could only battle her if I beat all trainers in her gym! Well this will add to my training I thought so hurried inside to find the first trainer. After a rather rough battle the first trainer fell to the might of my Seful. I was so proud but Seful was injured so I rushed to the Pokemon Center to heal. After Nurse Joy returned my friends I returned to the gym and quickly took down the remaining trainers with ease, Seful was making me so proud. Having beaten the trainers I thought I was ready for Gardenia...But she managed to defeat me using her Roserade. Not letting it get me down I returned to the gym and challenged her again, this time I took her Roserade down in one hit with Earthquake! After accepting defeat, Gardenia gave me my second badge. I earned a Forest Badge! Happy with myself I returned to the Pokemon Center and healed, Also withdrew a Buneary. I proceeded north and bumped into Barry who took me to look at the Eterna statue. As we got there we saw the same strange man from the lake, He was talking to the statue. After the man left, Barry claimed he new the most unbeatable strategy. I doubt it will work but I'd love to see it. After Barry left I went behind the statue and nearly tripped over an item. It looks just like that plate I was given in Oreburgh. I stuffed it in my bag with the other plate and returned towards Eterna, where I bumped into a pretty girl names Cynthia. She gave me an HM and told me to keep at my quest to be the best. Somehow I new she was a nice person. After she left I taught Buneary Cut from the HM then headed into a shady looking building. I had heard rumors of stolen Pokemon being seen in the area. After finding my way upstairs I encountered another Galactic Commander, this one named Jupiter. With expert skill and great teamwork my friends easily defeated her Pokemon and Team Galactic left. The owner of the bike shop was so happy I saved his Pokemon that he gave me a free bike! Now I can head out of Eterna. I climbed on the new bike and started towards the south gate, my journey still ongoing in the world of Pokemon.

Events:
-Beat Gardenia and earned the Forest Badge.
-Obtained Cut and a Draco plate.
-Defeated Team Galactic.
-Got a free bike.

Current team:

Seful/Bagon
Level 26
Moves: Rage, Bite, Ember, Headbutt

Colt/Trapinch
Level 30
Moves: Bite, Earthquake, Sand Tomb, Faint Attack

HM Slaves:

Buneary(Only until I get my Pokemon back from Zan =) Good friend he is)
level 11
HM: Cut

New update will come later. I'm off to train in Wayward cave for a few hours XD

Sudeki
March 4th, 2010, 02:03 PM
I want to sign up with.
Ground
Gliscor and Garchomp?
Is that okay/Free? :O

TB Pro
March 4th, 2010, 02:18 PM
Update 3: A Wayward Adventure

Journal:
http://i259.photobucket.com/albums/hh290/Blazikendude/Screens/Platinum%20Duo%20Challenge/Journal-Day3.png

Long Form:
After traversing through Oreburgh Gate and getting Flash, plus a few other goodies, I decided to check the Old Chateau out. I quickly found all the items scattered throughout, even with the annoying Ghastlys. I clicked on the TV, just to see if Rotom could give me any experience, but my attack left it with one HP. Thus, I decided I might as well catch it, and possibly use it as a Flash slave. I exited the Old Chateau, and continued through Eterna to Route 206. While traveling down the Cycling Road, the egg Gerdenia gave me hatched, and inside was Togepi. I planned on using Togepi as my Flash slave, but it turns out Tortilla can learn it. =/
http://i259.photobucket.com/albums/hh290/Blazikendude/Screens/Platinum%20Duo%20Challenge/Flash.png
After teaching Tortilla Flash, I decided to traverse Wayward Cave, and I did. A ton of pain and boredom ensued. I made it to Mira, and abused her healing again, picking up a Revive, and some TM. I made it out safely, dispatched Mira, and decided to go get Earthquake. I traveled trough this hellhole of a maze, picking up all the items in the way. I made it to Earthquake, teaching it to Madamoozel, and exited Wayward Cave.
http://i259.photobucket.com/albums/hh290/Blazikendude/Screens/Platinum%20Duo%20Challenge/Earthquake.png

Events:
> Caught Rotom
> Hatched Togepi
> Taught Tortilla Flash
> Traversed Wayward Cave
> Taught Madamoozel Earthquake

Team:

Lv.34} Madamoozel [Gastrodon] @ N/A
- Body Slam
- Earthquake
- HP[Flying]
- Water Pulse

Lv.14} Tortilla [Turtwig] @ N/A
- Tackle
- Withdraw
- Absorb
- Razor Leaf

HM SLAVE
- Tackle
- Rock Smash

http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/0/07/Spr_4p_175.png
Lv.1} Lil Flashy [Togepi] @ N/A
Predicted Flash Slave
- Growl
- Charm

Silver enseron
March 4th, 2010, 08:02 PM
1st update

Char name is Raiko. So i picked chimchar as my starter until i got my two main pokemon. So as i got him my rival Zerro challenged me to our first battle and i lost though it was no big deal to me. Then i continued to sandgem town to see the prof. and got my pokedex. I then walked home and talked to my mom to let her know i was going out on a journey as i was leaving Zerro's mom stopped by and gave me a parcel to give to him so i said sure. I then left and headed towards route 202 to learn how to catch pokemon from Dawn then caught a few random pokemon. I then proceeded to the pokemon center and trade for 1 pokemon(holding tm13: ice beam) and two eggs. i then released the pokemon that game me the tm. I then proceeded to hatch my eggs, getting a Male Charmander(Naughty) named it Chakra and a Male Dratini(Naive) named it Drake after they hatched i proceeded to teach Dratini Ice beam, trained them to lvl 5 and is now proceeding to Jubilife city!

Team

Lvl 5 Chakra/Charmander
Ability: Blaze
Nature: Naughty
-Scratch
-Growl
-Shadow Claw(egg move)
-Dragon Claw(egg move)

Lvl 5 Drake/Dratini
Ability: Shed Skin
Nature: Naive
-Wrap
-Leer
-Ice Beam (taught by tm)
-Thunder Wave

Chimchar(to be used as Hm slave)
-Scratch
-Leer

TB Pro
March 4th, 2010, 08:47 PM
Update 4: Home is Where the Heart is - Route 206, Route 208, Hearthome, Route 209, Solaceon Town

Long Form:
Finished going through Route 206, defeating all the trainers along the way. Saw the Professor's assistant, and she gave me the Vs. Seeker and the Dowsing Mashine app for the Poketch. I traveled through Mount Coronet, bumping into Cyrus along the way. Arrived in Route 208, and stomped all the trainers there. I got the Odd Keystone from an odd man in the bottom of the route. I made it into Hearthome City, and did the regular city stuff. Received an Eevee from Bebe.
http://i259.photobucket.com/albums/hh290/Blazikendude/Screens/Platinum%20Duo%20Challenge/Eevee.png
Fantina's gym was now open, so I went in, whooped her and her lackeys, and got out.
http://i259.photobucket.com/albums/hh290/Blazikendude/Screens/Platinum%20Duo%20Challenge/FantinaDefeated.png
I was headed to Route 209, when Max decided to battle me. I completely demolished his team.
http://i259.photobucket.com/albums/hh290/Blazikendude/Screens/Platinum%20Duo%20Challenge/Maxdown.png
I then proceeded to Route 209, and mopped the floor with the trainers there. I went into the Lost Tower, and defeated the trainers only to find I needed Defog to get Strength. I went back out and caught a Staravia for a Fly/Defog slave. Checked around Solaceon Town and got all the useful items. Max came charging in saying Defog was in the Ruins, so I went there next. I gathered up all the items, including Defog. taught Defog to WEAKbird.
http://i259.photobucket.com/albums/hh290/Blazikendude/Screens/Platinum%20Duo%20Challenge/FlySlave.png
I went back into Lost Tower and used Defog, just to find out I don't get Strength, just two tags.

Events:
> Received Vs. Seeker and Dowsing Machine
> Traversed Route 206
> Traversed Mt. Coronet & Route 208
> Received Eevee
> Defeated Fantina
> Defeated Max
> Traversed Route 209, Lost Tower & Solaceon Ruins
> Caught Staravia and named it WEAKbird
> Received Defog & Taught it to WEAKbird

Team:

Lv.41} Madamoozel [Gastrodon] @ Cleanse Tag
- Body Slam
- Earthquake
- HP[Flying]
- Muddy Water

Lv.15} Tortilla [Turtwig] @ N/A
- Tackle
- Withdraw
- Absorb
- Razor Leaf

HM SLAVE
- Tackle
- Rock Smash

http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/8/87/Spr_4p_397_m.png
Lv.18} WEAKbird [Staravia] @ N/A
Fly/Defog Slave
- Defog
- Quick Attack
- Wing Attack
- Endeavor

Alpha_Spike
March 4th, 2010, 10:11 PM
Hey listen I'm gunna pull out for now. Might re join again later though but for now I'm just going to do a challenge me and my cousin made up for each other =) Your challenge is awesome though

Silver enseron
March 5th, 2010, 10:01 AM
2nd update

I arrive at Jubilife and meet up with a few people like the profs assistant and a man named looker. I then head east to Oreburgh city to face the first gym leader, as i head through the cave to the city a man stops me and gives me an hm which contained rock smash and taught it to Chimchar. I arrived in town to find out he is in the mine so i head there to get him so i can challenge him. Before i face off with him i Exp grinded till i had a lvl 16 Charmeleon and a lvl 12 Dratini i then walked into the gym and fought my way to the gym leader and defeated him. I then head back to jubilife because there is no way to access route 207 from the city.

As i head to jubilife and up to route 204 when i run into the prof and his assistant being hassled by good old team galatic. So i decide to help them and wipe the the floor with them. I then head north beating every trainer i see and make it to Floaroma town heal up and head over to the wind works where this little girl stops me on the way and tells me her dad is in trouble i rush over to see a galactic grunt in front of the door. I defeat him and he runs inside and locks the door, i head back into town and head to the flower garden and defeat the two grunts there. They then drop a key and i head into the wind works and defeat mars. After defeating mars and head north to Eterna and head through the forest. After arriving at the end i decide after seeing the statue i would lvl grind my pokemon each to lvl 25 before facing off with gardenia. After a while of grinding i finally reach my goal and go face off against gardenia and win. I then exit and head for the galactic warehouse to get everyones pokemon back.

Team

Lvl 27 Chakra/Charmeleon
Ability: Blaze
Nature: Naughty
-Scratch
-Ember
-Shadow Claw(egg move)
-Dragon Claw(egg move)

Lvl 25 Drake/Dratini
Ability: Shed Skin
Nature: Naive
-Slam
-Twister
-Ice Beam (taught by tm)
-Thunder Wave

Chimchar(Hm slave)
-Scratch
-Leer
-Rock Smash
-Cut

TB Pro
March 5th, 2010, 07:42 PM
Update 5: Galactic Problems in Veilstone - Route 210, Route 215, Veilstone City

Journal:
http://i259.photobucket.com/albums/hh290/Blazikendude/Screens/Platinum%20Duo%20Challenge/Journal-Day4.png

Long Form:
I started today at Solaceon Town, and continued up to Route 210. I fought through all the trainers and picked up all the items. I made it into the cafe, cleared it of trainers, and bought 30 Moomoo Milks. Pushed on to Route 215 and defeated a couple trainers. I caught a Swinub, who I nicknamed Schwein.

http://i259.photobucket.com/albums/hh290/Blazikendude/Screens/Platinum%20Duo%20Challenge/Swinub.png
I gave Schwein my Exp. Share. Continued along Route 210 and came across TM 34 Shock Wave. I looked through my TMs, and taught Schwein Rock Tomb.

http://i259.photobucket.com/albums/hh290/Blazikendude/Screens/Platinum%20Duo%20Challenge/RockTomb.png
I pushed through the remaining trainers, and arrived in Veilstone City. I did the regular city stuff, picking up a Sticky Barb and equipping it to Madamoozel. I went to battle Maylene, and Crasher Wake sang me a weird song. o.O I made it into Maylene's gym, and after fighting a few trainers, removed the Sticky Barb from Madamoozel seeing as nobody could touch me. :P I replaced it with the Amulet Coin. Got through the hellish maze and defeated all the trainers. Madamoozel and her HP Flying made short work of Maylene.

http://i259.photobucket.com/albums/hh290/Blazikendude/Screens/Platinum%20Duo%20Challenge/MayleneDefeated.png
After exiting the gym, Professor Rowan's assistant told me she lost her Pokedex, and she needed me to get it back. We battled a couple Galactic Grunts and get her Pokedex back, when the Looker came running to our "aide". We went inside the storage building and found Fly. I taught it to WEAKbird.

http://i259.photobucket.com/albums/hh290/Blazikendude/Screens/Platinum%20Duo%20Challenge/Fly.png

Events:
> Traversed Route 210
> Purchased 30 Moomoo Milks :)
> Caught Swinub & Nicknamed her Schwein
> Taught Schwein Rock Tomb
> Traversed Route 215
> Defeated Maylene
> Helped Professor Rowan's assistant get her Pokedex back
> Received Fly & taught it to WEAKbird

Team:

Lv.43} Madamoozel [Gastrodon] @ Amulet Coin
- Body Slam
- Earthquake
- HP[Flying]
- Muddy Water

http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/e/e7/Spr_4p_220.png
Lv.25} Schwein [Swinub] @ Exp. Share
Ability: Oblivious
Naughty Nature (+Atk, -Sp.Def)
- Powder Snow
- Mud Slap
- Rock Tomb
- Mud Bomb

HM SLAVE
- Tackle
- Rock Smash
- Cut

Fly/Defog Slave
- Defog
- Quick Attack
- Fly
- Endeavor

================

Update 6: Wake's Crushing Defeat - Route 214, Valor Lakefront, Route 213, Pastoria City

Journal:
http://i259.photobucket.com/albums/hh290/Blazikendude/Screens/Platinum%20Duo%20Challenge/Journal-Day4-2.png

Long Form:
After finishing with the Looker, I went to the game corner and spent all my money on coins. I plan to buy Ice Beam when I have enough coins(10,000, so far I have 2,500 T.T). From Veilstone I headed south to Route 214. I traveled through it a ways, training up my Schwein, and it learned Ice Shard. I searched the Maniac's Cave and found dig. I taught it to Schwein, accidentally replacing Rock Tomb. :P

http://i259.photobucket.com/albums/hh290/Blazikendude/Screens/Platinum%20Duo%20Challenge/Dig.png
Finally defeating all the trainers on Route 214, I arrived at Route 213. I got the White Flute from the lady who dropped her Suite Key, and defeated all the trainers in the Cafe. After healing at the Inn, I traversed the rest of Route 213. I then arrived in Pastoria City, and did all the normal city stuff. When I went to battle the gym leader, Max came running up and challenged me to a battle. I completely decimated his team.

http://i259.photobucket.com/albums/hh290/Blazikendude/Screens/Platinum%20Duo%20Challenge/MaxDown-Round2.png
After beating him, he told me some nonsense about being Wake's apprentice and having his own theme song. I entered Wake's gym, and defeated most of his trainers relatively easy. After beating a few of them, Schwein evolved.

http://i259.photobucket.com/albums/hh290/Blazikendude/Screens/Platinum%20Duo%20Challenge/Piloswine.png
As soon as Schwein evolved, I went to the move tutor's house and taught him Ancientpower, using one of the Heart Scales I got earlier.

http://i259.photobucket.com/albums/hh290/Blazikendude/Screens/Platinum%20Duo%20Challenge/Ancientpower.png
I used the second one to teach it Ice Fang.

http://i259.photobucket.com/albums/hh290/Blazikendude/Screens/Platinum%20Duo%20Challenge/IceFang.png
I then went back into the gym and finished off the last of the trainers. Then I went on to battle Wake, and his Gyarados gave me some trouble, but the other two fell fairly easily.

http://i259.photobucket.com/albums/hh290/Blazikendude/Screens/Platinum%20Duo%20Challenge/WakeDefeated.png
When I exited the gym, Max ran up again rattling on about how awesome Wake is and other nonsensical things. Wake came out and told Max he never took him on as an apprentice, and told me I was awesome. Max said some Galactic Grunt said something about a bomb, and Wake freaked out and ran to beat him up and whatnot, and Max chased after...

Events:
> Taught Schwein Dig
> Traversed Route 214
> Traversed Route 213 & Valor Lakefront
> Defeated Max Again
> Evolved Schwein into Piloschwein(see what I did there...?)
> Taught Schwein Ancientpower & Ice Fang
> Defeated Wake

Team:

Lv.46} Madamoozel [Gastrodon] @ Amulet Coin
- Body Slam
- Earthquake
- HP[Flying]
- Brine

http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/6/61/Spr_4p_221_m.png
Lv.33} Schwein [Piloswine] @ Exp. Share
Ability: Oblivious
Naughty Nature (+Atk, -Sp.Def)
- Take Down
- Ice Fang
- Dig
- Mud Bomb

HM SLAVE
- Tackle
- Rock Smash
- Cut

Fly/Defog Slave
- Defog
- Quick Attack
- Fly
- Endeavor

EDIT: I am repealing from this challenge, as No$gba deleted my save file.

HallwayKid
March 6th, 2010, 06:58 AM
Update 1:

Current Pokemon:

http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/sprites/plffa/397.png
Lv 19 - Staravia @ N/A
Ability - Intimidate
Nature - Jolly (+Spd, -Sp.Atk)
- Quick Attack
- Endeavor
- Double Team
- Wing Attack

Events:

- Named myself Patrick and named my Rival Roy.
- Chose Turtwig as my first Pokemon.
- Beat Roy easily in a battle.
- Caught Starly and released Turtwig.
- Battled Roy again and beat him badly.
- Starly Evolved into Staravia.
- Beat Roark by using Double Team a lot.

I'm planning on catching a Geodude to use as a HM slave. Once I reach Eterna forest I will catch a Buneary as quick as I can.

Chary
March 6th, 2010, 01:57 PM
OK I will go with

Gen 4
Pearl
DARK
Weavile and Drapion

bustin
March 6th, 2010, 02:01 PM
bustin
Type: Electric
Duo: Luxray and Electrivire

are egg moves allowed? i already had like 40 elekids with fire punch so can I just use one of those or must I hatch again?

edit i meant breed again not hatch again***

Sudeki
March 7th, 2010, 01:48 PM
Short Update because im kinda sick and don't feel like typing abunch.

-Current Status
Badges : 2
Team:
Gliscor - Lvl 29
(still need to get a traded Gible).
The hardest part about this challenge is playing with pokemon that don't obey you. :_;, although once I get 4th-6th badge and my traded levels can be MUCH higher it will be better.

bustin
March 7th, 2010, 03:26 PM
^ if you just bring your egg into the game and hatch it in the game your gunna use it in it will obey you.

Ilixia
March 8th, 2010, 11:58 AM
--UPDATE6--

Well after a bit of a gap used to get, hatch and raise Lucario i am now back on track in my journey. I have also added Pikachu to my HM team and backtraced to the places i missed beforehand (Pokemon Mansion, Lost tower etc). So upon raising Lucario to a high enough level i decided to take on the 6th gym in Canalave City
As a Steel/Rock gym my fighting team was pretty much made for this gym and Aura Sphere or Water pulse pretty much took out everything (got to love rock types low sp. Def.

So after this period of training my team stands as:

Lvl. 50 Lucario
Brave nature (pretty meh for my sp. attacker -.-)
- Aura Sphere
- Dragon Pulse
- Dark Pulse
- Water Pulse

Lvl. 55 Infernape
Bashful nature
- Close Combat
- Grass Knot
- Flame Wheel
- Brick Break

Wingull
- Fly
- Defog

Bibarrel
- Cut
- Surf

Pikachu
- Flash
- Strength
- Rock Smash

Sydian
March 8th, 2010, 02:32 PM
Yes, egg moves are allowed. Also, sorry for not posting an update in a while. Things are busier this week now that the school schedule is back to normal, so I'm not getting as much time to play. But my next update would have just been about training anyway. I got through the ghost tower place and got Strength and I'm headed to Veilstone for badge #3.

Bustin, I'll add you to the first post.

Sora247_2009
March 9th, 2010, 08:41 AM
Name: Sora247_2009
Type: Poison
Duo: Crobat and Drapion

Sudeki
March 9th, 2010, 12:08 PM
Oh Sorry, I forgot to make the Introduction Formal >_<.

Sudeki
Duo: Gliscor and Garchomp

Update:
Well, I finnally got a Gible, And another Gligar, and raised them up :P
So currently I'm at my 4th Gym Badge, (3 Currently)I'm doing a little training before the 4th gym, So far my team is.

:Gabite:
Lvl:30
Moves:
Dragon Rage, Slash, Dragon Claw, Flamethrower.

:Gliscor:
Lvl:30
Moves:
Earth Power, Aqua Tail, Slash, Faint Attack

TB Pro
March 9th, 2010, 02:17 PM
Duo: Crobat and Drapion
You have to pick two Pokemon from the same generation. Gligar and Crobat would be elligible(as long as nobody else has taken them). Same with Toxicroak and Drapion.

Sora247_2009
March 10th, 2010, 07:46 AM
Oh sorry. OK then lets try:
Duo: Empoleon and Bronzong

Better?

Sudeki
March 10th, 2010, 12:39 PM
Oh sorry. OK then lets try:
Duo: Empoleon and Bronzong

Better?

Yup should be fine, no one on the list is using that combination.

Aquerex
March 15th, 2010, 12:45 PM
Um....0_0'

I'm afraid I have to drop out of the challenge (before I even started...)

School and homework forbid me from doing this challenge and I have almost NO free time anymore =( So...yeah...sorry.

Silver enseron
May 23rd, 2010, 03:29 PM
i know i havn't posted in a while it was because i had gotten other games and ignored the challenge but i have remove myself from this challenge because i won't finish it

Ponyo
May 24th, 2010, 12:42 PM
i'll go for it,
PC Name: Ponyo
GEN IV
Type: Ghost
Pokemon: Mismagius and Frosslass

[EDIT]
I'm going to go w/ ghost instead.. and i just realized frosslass is ghost..

Hoenn
May 24th, 2010, 01:29 PM
Nice Idea, :)

Username: Suicune™
Duo: Weezing & Muk
Game: Pokemon Platinum

Ponyo
May 29th, 2010, 06:55 AM
started today, named myself Deconos, rival Monos, and chose turtwig for my starter. Hatched a female snorunt (hardy) and a male misdreavus (adamant). both preetty bad natures.... but anyways, trained both to around 14, beat roark and gardenia. Current team:
Snorunt lv.23
Moves:
Powder Snow
Icy Wind
Headbutt
Double Team

Misdreavus lv. 19
Moves:
Confuse Ray
Psywave
Spite
Astonish

Tortanos(Grotle) lv.18
Rock Smash
Curse
Cut
Razor Leaf

IceFireLighnting
July 17th, 2010, 03:32 AM
Ok, I got a good one.

IceFireLighnting
Gen:IV
Type:Ghost
Duo: Mismagius, Dusknoir
Game: :Platinum

I am using Action Replay to get my Pokemon.

Sydian
July 17th, 2010, 06:37 AM
Gee, I didn't even know this challenge made the move when this section was made. Please don't revive threads over a month old.

Locked.