PDA

View Full Version : ds touch screen( help please :s )

shot571
March 1st, 2010, 09:23 AM
i just bought a normal ds of ebay. it said it had a problem with the touch screen and i read up on it and thought it may be the foreign material thing where you clean it with a toothbrush. i tried it with an OLD toothbrush but it didnt work. but i cant really see any foriegn material. would replacing the touch screen repair the problem. oh yh. the right quarter of the touch screen works. the rest is just off. it works its just off. i cant callibrate normally either.

linkinpark187
March 1st, 2010, 09:56 AM
I think the only advice that I can offer is to find a guide to replacing it, look around on eBay for a replacement screen, and replacing the touch screen. It could be the screen itself malfunctioning, especially if you haven't noticed any kind of corrosion or anything on the board that would indicate otherwise.

shot571
March 1st, 2010, 10:50 AM
well i havent opened it up or anything yet. ill probably try and replace the screen following a youtube vid. id order the ds screen but i just wanna make sure that it should work. i dont wanna waste money. the actual screen is fine. just the touch bit. i can touch the alarm bit properly up to there its fine the rest is messed up. and thanks for ur advice linkin. :D

Hybrid Trainer
March 1st, 2010, 12:28 PM
I bought one off ebay once that had a faulty screen and had it replaced twice, but unfortunatly it never got permanently fixed (it worked for a while but then stoped again). If i were you i would sell it on and by a new one.

I got acualy got a pretty good new/refurbished one off ebay that came with 10 free games and was pretty cheap if you want a link to it.

shot571
March 1st, 2010, 01:05 PM
well its not for me. its for my sister and she wanted pink so.... im just hoping that i can repair it

.Bullet
March 1st, 2010, 03:27 PM
May I ask what type of DS it is?
And if you're going to open it (if it's a DS Phat or DS lite), you'll need a triwing screwdriver. Also, if you plan to replace the screen, I suggest looking on modding websites and/or Divineo (http://www.divineo.com).

shot571
March 1st, 2010, 03:29 PM
yes its the ds phat and ill check those out soon

shot571
March 2nd, 2010, 11:14 AM
ive just ordered the screens. was just wondering what happens for the screen to go like that. i mean its like a bit of plastic as far as i can see

linkinpark187
March 2nd, 2010, 11:48 AM
Could be a bad/corroded connection, or just the shear age of the device. Since you have the original DS, you have to consider that the age of the device makes it more susceptible to wear over time. Chances are that whoever you bought it from possibly had it or bought it from someone who had since it first came out, so it could be that the screen just went bad. Hard to say not knowing, though.

shot571
March 2nd, 2010, 01:19 PM
well i hope replacin the screen will help

Syphr
March 2nd, 2010, 02:52 PM
i just bought a normal ds of ebay. it said it had a problem with the touch screen and i read up on it and thought it may be the foreign material thing where you clean it with a toothbrush. i tried it with an OLD toothbrush but it didnt work. but i cant really see any foriegn material. would replacing the touch screen repair the problem. oh yh. the right quarter of the touch screen works. the rest is just off. it works its just off. i cant callibrate normally either.

So are you saying the light is out on most of the screen? If so it's a dead pixel problem perhaps, or a lighting problem maybe. Either way I doubt it's JUST the screen. But if you're pretty handy with a screw driver and have confidence in your ability to put everything back together it might be a good idea to open it up and see if anything is out of place. Seeing as you don't really have a warranty anyways.

shot571
March 6th, 2010, 05:20 PM
no. the lighting an stuff was fine. it was just the touch stuff not working. anyway i fixed it by replacing the screen although like usual i did something wrong. nothing major this time just lost one screw. usually i break the whole thing. :p