PDA

View Full Version : PokeHello to all!

vogelap
March 8th, 2010, 05:43 AM
Hi everyone!

I am a male, 42 years old, in Cincinnati Ohio (USA). I received a Nintendo DSi for Christmas from my wife. A short while later, I bought Pokemon Platinum because I wanted to see what all the PokeFuss was about.

I've gone from knowing NOTHING about Pokemon to being quite interested and enthusiastic about the games.

I am still really at the low end of the learning curve -- I've only played Platinum for ~28 hours and have purchased the strategy guide, which I read as needed.

My order for SoulSilver was submitted to Amazon weeks ago, and I am looking forward to the arrival of that game a lot!

Lycaeus
March 8th, 2010, 07:22 AM
Welcome to the Forum!
Good to see that the PokeBuzz is getting around to everyone (;
Read the rules and FAQ's~

Hiidoran
March 8th, 2010, 10:56 AM
Looks like someone caught the Pokébug, eh?

Platinum is a pretty great game, I'll definitely admit to that, but you should totally check out some of the older games when/if you ever get the chance. This is especially true if you find yourself enjoying Soul Silver, as it's a remake of the second generation. ;D

Welcome to the fandom, Vogelap. Iron Chef = amazing, by the way.

vogelap
March 8th, 2010, 01:03 PM
Looks like someone caught the Pokébug, eh?

Platinum is a pretty great game, I'll definitely admit to that, but you should totally check out some of the older games when/if you ever get the chance. This is especially true if you find yourself enjoying Soul Silver, as it's a remake of the second generation. ;D

Welcome to the fandom, Vogelap. Iron Chef = amazing, by the way.
Thanks for your message! I am REALLY enjoying Platinum, and just noticed that Netflix delivered the first Pokémon movie to my house today -- that will be my VERY FIRST experience with Pokémon other than on the DSi.

I'm awaiting SoulSilver. Besides that, what other Pokémon games (for the DSi) do you recommend? There seem to be so many variations that it's rather confusing to a newbie like me!

Iron Chef: The license plate on my car says "IRN CHEF". I got engaged to my wife with Morimoto in attendance. I am a chef, and I look up to Morimoto's skills and creativity.