PDA

View Full Version : Fans of Chuggaaconroy

Kon~
March 10th, 2010, 02:26 PM
Ehh... If this is in the wrong place, please move it, but I'm pretty sure it belongs here.

So... does anyone here watch Chuggaa's Let's Plays?
His next project has been announced as Pokemon Crystal. What do you think about that?

I, personally, am super excited, mainly as I'm going to be playing Crystal in the run-up to the UK release of HG/SS as practice, and I'd love to play along with Chuggaa!

TheGearofWar
March 10th, 2010, 02:29 PM
Fan here. I like his Let's Play's a lot, I watched almost all of FireRed but didn't really watch the Sevii Islands part.

I haven't heard about Crystal Version, I'm definitely going to watch it, probably while I play SS though.

Kon~
March 10th, 2010, 02:39 PM
Yeah, I've watched FireRed, Earthbound and Wind Waker, and Crystal was announced yesterday.

I'm currently working on some artwork of Suicune to post to his Facebook page. :D I did some Zelda stuff, too.

Dixie Kong
March 10th, 2010, 02:45 PM
I watched part of FireRed, parts of Wind Waker, all of Mario Sunshine, and I'll probably only watch parts of Crystal. He's a good LPer, but I just prefer NintendoCapriSun. -shot-

Damiano
March 10th, 2010, 03:19 PM
Ive watched a few of his LPs and cant wait to watch Crystal.

Kon~
March 11th, 2010, 02:05 PM
The release date of Crystal LP is March 14th, which I believe is the US release date of HG/SS? *is english*

Akeraz
March 11th, 2010, 03:29 PM
I, personally, feel that chuggaa is overrated.
I think his videos went downhill with Paper Mario 2.
He started getting rather loud and obnoxious, rather than being entertaining.
My favourite LP of his will always be Mother 3.

Then again, why should you care?

It's just my opinion, after all.

Niprop
March 11th, 2010, 10:23 PM
Watched all his videos on the Mother series, and can say he's a good "Lets Play!" guy. Perhaps I might look at his Crystal playthrough, though seeing that I already played crystal non-stop for eight hours (without an internal battery, you HAVE to play non-stop), I might be a bit deterred initially.

Tyrantrum
March 12th, 2010, 06:40 AM
Chuggaaconroy is awesome!

I might miss his first upload of his new LP, though. I'm going camping for two days. But I totally can't wait to watch his Pokémon Crystal LP. :D

Masterge77
March 12th, 2010, 07:32 AM
Chugga Chugga Chuggaconroy, he is the best

Kon~
March 14th, 2010, 09:12 AM
First part of Crystal was posted today! *dances*

He picked my favourite starter! WOO! {Will not spoil for others}

While I'll agree that Chugga has gotten a bit louder in newer LPs, I will not agree that that makes them worse. I've watched since Earthbound, and I watched Wind Waker, and he has only gotten better, IMO.

But Earthbound had its amazing moments. Like the waterfall password. Three minutes of waiting gave us... the Spongebob theme tune?!? XD

Akeraz
March 14th, 2010, 04:08 PM
I guess it's an acquired taste.
His best work will always be Mother 3 imo.

SBaby
March 15th, 2010, 03:47 PM
I used to watch them regularly. I still do to a certain extent, but he's getting to be like DeceasedCrab, where he's just getting so repetitive with his videos (like Simpsons repetitive). It seemed to really become noticable with his Mother 3 LP, where he spent no less than 10 videos telling everyone not to ask where to download the game; one video would've sufficed, two would've been kind of comical, three to five would've just been tragic, but more than that is just blatant abuse of Youtube. That's about where I started to lose interest in his LPs. Nowadays, I can usually only handle one or two at a time. I normally stop after that.