PDA

View Full Version : PlayStation Move

Gunn
March 11th, 2010, 09:14 AM
PlayStation Move (http://kotaku.com/5490632/playstation-move-everything-you-need-to-know)

So what do you think? Sony's next innovative step in the gaming industry or a complete rip from the Nintendo Wii Remote?

A little too pricey if you ask me. I think the only thing nifty about it is the rechargeable lithium ion batteries. With the Wii Remote, you had to rely on either a third-party device to recharge your Wii Remote or do it the old fashion way with regular batteries. Yeah, that's about it. *shrugs*

Discuss.

Edit: *smacks self* would the moderator pretty please fix the title? ; ;...

Gazza
March 11th, 2010, 09:28 AM
Yeah I was like Playstation movie? XD

But ermm I think I already posted a thread dedicated to this and the XBOX 360 equivalent.
Quite a while ago.

Here it is. http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=203149

But since that was closed a while ago and some new developments have been made I think this is still a good topic.

Ermm I still think the 360 version is better than the PS3 one.
And I still don't think either of them are going to be as popular as the Nintendo Wii unless the games are better than the wii's and that shouldn't really be hard really hard to acomplish.

TRIFORCE89
March 11th, 2010, 11:26 AM
Despite, a really odd appearance, I liked it before the sub-controller was unveiled. Now it's just a total Wii Motion Plus and Nunchuck ripoff. Just Move and Eye seemed nice to me before. That on-rails shooter where you have to spin yourself around, while totally stupid, showed how the Eye could be used. Now, with the sub-controller it looks too same-y.

With the Move and Natal, I'm just happy because all of the super hardcore crowd will have their heads explode because they can't even stand the thought of casual games - let alone on their consoles. XD

I don't have a PS3. I have a Wii and 360. Still a little offput by Natal having no physical device. A common complain of the Wii is that you're flailing your arms, when you're actually not for most games - you're moving your wrist. So, the 360 solution is to actually have you flail your arms around. Not sure I like that.

Really I don't understand why Sony and Microsoft are going after this market. At least for the current generation. Anyone who bought a Wii just for the Wii (whatever) titles clearly is already covered and won't want to shell out more money for an HD version. Sony and Microsoft's current core-base won't go for it, just as they aren't going for the good Wii titles. So....?

Fox♠
March 11th, 2010, 12:02 PM
PlayStation Move (http://kotaku.com/5490632/playstation-move-everything-you-need-to-know)

So what do you think? Sony's next innovative step in the gaming industry or a complete rip from the Nintendo Wii Remote?

A little too pricey if you ask me. I think the only thing nifty about it is the rechargeable lithium ion batteries. With the Wii Remote, you had to rely on either a third-party device to recharge your Wii Remote or do it the old fashion way with regular batteries. Yeah, that's about it. *shrugs*

Discuss.

Edit: *smacks self* would the moderator pretty please fix the title? ; ;...

I dunno how much a wiimote with wii motion + costs in the states, but in britain it's £50. The PSmove w/ eyetoy package works out about £65. It's really not that much more expensive for what you get.

Hybrid Trainer
March 11th, 2010, 12:18 PM
Total rip off
it even has a nunchuck or a 'Side Controller'

loliwin
March 12th, 2010, 05:34 PM
It does look like it does better than the Wii remote though. And the games that are using the motion controller look more awesomer than the Wii games. :)

Bianca Paragon
March 12th, 2010, 11:31 PM
Given how much more advanced Move is; we'll actually see games using proper MOTION control and not waggle-gestures. The sub-controller is actually what the people demanded; Sony originally suggested holding a Sixaxis in your other hand for more advanced games but people were like "Hurrrr no that sounds dumb". Yes, the starter pack is a little pricey, but remember it's being marketed as a second-pillar-platform all it's own; so $100USD for PS-Eye, Controller + Game sounds good. If you already HAVE an Eye (like many people here do, due to Eyepet) you can just buy the Move controller separately.
And also? lol natal. Who takes that piece of garbage seriously? hurrr no controller, so useful!

Cassino
March 13th, 2010, 04:44 PM
Well yes, blatant ripoff, but really only as much a ripoff as consoles using controllers or joysticks which they have done for generations. Once this motion tech stuff has been around long enough, assuming it survives the test of time, it won't be anything special to see different consoles that use something apparently similar.

Said simply, things are copied because they work. Be it a depressing tale of profiteering, but that really doesn't have to concern us on the consumer end.

twocows
March 13th, 2010, 05:03 PM
I'm sick of all this movement-based gaming. Can't I just sit around and play? I don't want all this extra crap involved.