PDA

View Full Version : FireFox or Internet Explorer?

Flaming Ice
October 27th, 2004, 01:34 PM
Which Browser do you prefer, For those whom use other Broswers I have included them in the poll also.

---

I prefer MSN Browser.

Haruka
October 27th, 2004, 01:49 PM
I use IE and Firefox, but on Mac I use Firefox because IE on a mac is HORRIBLE!!!!!

=p

Kairi
October 27th, 2004, 01:56 PM
This would go in the computer forum.
And I use Opera, along with, like, 2% of other people here. When my favorite IE shell went downhill, I used Firefox for a while. The plugins are nifty, but when you load 8~12 tabs on a regular basis (Such as myself) you really notice the slowdown. Which can be…annoying. Opera keeps its speed up pretty well, and has some cool integrated features.

I –had- tried it before and liked it, but PC would just not load under it. When we had that “attack” and reinstalled vB, it fixed it. I didn’t know this though until Sawah tried it. When she did, I gave it another go, and worked with it. Now middle clicking works *much* better than S-D&D for tab opening, and it’s a pretty nice browser all around. *cuddles Sawah* Just one of the improvements my life has gained, in her marvelous light. ^^

Kimi-Kaizer
October 27th, 2004, 02:49 PM
firefox because i got alot of pop-ups from IE and i cant stand so i use firefox

*Chikorita*
October 27th, 2004, 03:30 PM
I use IE, but I wish I had Firefox. I hear that it is way better than IE. My Dad has Firefox, but you can probably tell from my post that he doesn't share. XD

aaaaaa
October 27th, 2004, 04:23 PM
I use Opera.
I was quite content with Explorer, actually. Until, ironically enough, all Abby's talk of the usefulness of tabs finally got to me and I saw Opera on Suprnova. So I decided to get it. Which marked quite a memorable conversation with Abby, and shortly after, she reinstalled it. And here we are.
Opera! The OFFICIAL Browser of Abby x Sawah!

Lokhlan
October 27th, 2004, 04:42 PM
I use FireFox mostly. Gotta love them Tabs. ;)

TRIFORCE89
October 27th, 2004, 04:45 PM
I'm guessing Internet Explorer, since that's basically Avant Browser.

Eliana
October 27th, 2004, 04:48 PM
I have boring ol' Explorer. I've used many before, though.

Kipkip
October 27th, 2004, 05:11 PM
I use Firefox and Opera. I use Firefox more often though, but I still like them both.

Crimson King
October 28th, 2004, 02:51 PM
i like FireFox and IE the most then comes Netscape 7.2 (i like the tabs in FF and Netscape :D)

Geometric-sama
October 28th, 2004, 07:48 PM
*Chikorita*: www.mozilla.org/products/firefox Download it then XD

Firefox pwnz j00 almost as much as Good Charlotte pwnz j00~ No seriously, Firefox is fast, clean, secure, and non-buggy... at least it doesn't crash my computer like IE does.

aaaaaa
October 29th, 2004, 04:36 AM
Firefox has THE crappiest rendering engine. It's fine to adhere to standards, but at the expense of redraw speed? Blech.
Opera == <3<3

Virtual Headache
October 30th, 2004, 01:38 PM
I use Firefox but I think opera is good too
I like both!

THIRTY-SIX
October 31st, 2004, 12:30 PM
furefox all the fudging way

AZSupraT
October 31st, 2004, 03:06 PM
Firefox owns IE, hands down :)

usami
October 31st, 2004, 08:40 PM
IMO FireFox is 100% better then IE in everyway *huggles FF*

Thomas
October 31st, 2004, 08:51 PM
Miroku...you took the words right out of my mout. It is the best browser, hand down, that I have ever used!

Geometric-sama
November 2nd, 2004, 03:37 PM
FF's redraw speed seems perfectly fine to me, it's faster than IE anyway and better standards.

Kipkip
November 2nd, 2004, 04:42 PM
FF's redraw speed seems perfectly fine to me, it's faster than IE anyway and better standards.
Firefox's speed is almost exactly the same. It's that people have so much spyware and other junk on IE that slows it down. That's why you see a speed difference.

Geometric-sama
November 3rd, 2004, 03:08 PM
Even though I've cleaned my spyware out, I still prefer FF, as the tabbed browsing and popup killer make life so much easier.

Kairi
November 3rd, 2004, 03:15 PM
There sure seems to big a big cult push for Firefox, atm. With that…spreadfirefox stuff and all. Still though, it’ll never be enough to counter all the people who just load up IE with Windows. o.x;

Geometric-sama
November 3rd, 2004, 04:00 PM
That's what you think. XD *laughs evilly*

PichuSecretBase
November 4th, 2004, 03:19 AM
I use Firefox now. I use to use Avant, and IE. But I like firefox except for the occasional new window when clicking links but I survive. I would still use IE since Service Pack 2 came with popup stopper but I got tired of having my task bar so full. I would be doing hardly nothing and have a scroll bar on my task bar.

Mizugorou
November 11th, 2004, 02:37 PM
I use FireFox because I have used my IE for over 4 years so it has gotten to be extremely slow. And the pop-up blocker on IE was the most annoying that you will ever find. So I use FireFox now.

Kairi
November 12th, 2004, 04:39 PM
That's what you think. XD *laughs evilly*
Yes it’s what I think. For every one person smart enough to know what a browser is, and that there are others, there are 20 more who just double click “internet” and load up their manufacturer’s software and crap. The majority of computer users are not as intelligent as you need to be these days to use one.

Carlito-san
November 12th, 2004, 05:03 PM
i voted on inernet explorer,but i just got fire fox,and its awesome.

TSS_Killer
November 12th, 2004, 07:50 PM
Firefox....greatest browser ever....on Linux anyway....

Geometric-sama
November 14th, 2004, 04:33 PM
Firefox is the greatest. *puts a Firefox crown on* I RULE YOU! XD

Anarchytekt
November 23rd, 2004, 06:41 AM
Firefox rox! I used iexplore but there were more illegal operation shutdowns than page loads. So ********************** Iexplore, Firefox roolz! (Wat was I gonna be puttin in place of ********************?) I dunno, nothin matches.:)

Kipkip
November 24th, 2004, 05:38 PM
Firefox....greatest browser ever....on Linux anyway....
Well, basically Mozilla and Firefox are the only browsers for Linux if you count out Opera, but very few use Opera. Probally no one on Linux, except for me, uses Opera, but I only use it sometimes. Every other browser is based off Mozilla.

TSS_Killer
November 24th, 2004, 08:17 PM
you are forgetting Konqueror,Lynx,Links,and galeon(even tho thats based off of mozilla)...I never use those browsers anyway.

carrielynn
November 26th, 2004, 07:22 PM
Firefox is my main browser, but I just got Opera yesterday. I'm using it now, and I like it. It's the fastest at saving pics, and it has a lot of options. It's saving me so much time because my Firefox was pretty slow at saving pics.

Brittany
November 26th, 2004, 07:38 PM
Opera is the way to go.
It's like FF, but faster and better, and better.

Actually it's not like FireFox... FF really annoyed me :P
Anyway, Opera is fast, tabbed, easy, skinnable, and isn't FF.
That's good enough for me XD

dumbthingy
November 27th, 2004, 05:24 AM
Heh, I'm using both Mozilla Firefox 1.0 (as preferred browser) and Internet Explorer 5.5 (if it doesn't work with Mozilla).
Internet Explorer is more stable than Mozilla (no, I'm not a newb, but that's a fact) because Microsoft can spend money on quality control, but it is discontinued and Mozilla has newer functions like PNG transparency.