PDA

View Full Version : Misconceptions?

Zorua
March 12th, 2010, 05:24 PM
Hi guys! TS here. :D It's not often that I make threads, but I've just thought of an interesting one now, so yeah. XD So here goes! So everyone knows what misconceptions are, right? I mean, they don't necessarily have to be common; I'd love hearing them all, as I'm sure I'm not the only one that goes through them.

So this has popped up numerous occasions in my life, especially recently when people take what I say the wrong way. Like, whenever I say something in a calm manner, it sounds rude and people are like "Calm down. DD:" and I'm like "...I am calm. o_o;" People also take me for someone that gets angry quickly, but again, that's not...necessarily true because I'm always calm; I guess it's just my tone of voice. XD

So my question to you PC is this: What are common misconceptions that your friends, family, etc may have laid on you?

Saltare.
March 12th, 2010, 05:28 PM
If I get mad at someone, my friends will try and hold me back.

And if they're like "Emily, stop that" or something along the lines of that. My response is: "Don't tell me what to do!"

Dakota
March 12th, 2010, 05:28 PM
That I'm crazy at wanting to loose my virginity, no lie. xD... well, I guess they have a point... hell, maybe there right thank god no one can see my AIM. : P

People also used to say I et angry really quick. Not true. >_>, though if someone does piss me of, I'll be quick to get him back. xD

Throat
March 12th, 2010, 05:29 PM
Well, I try to make anything I say clear, however, sometimes I can't. Usually it happens when I say I don't want something that was offerred to me.

Jubilation
March 12th, 2010, 05:44 PM
That because I'm gay, I'm attracted to every male that I see. Most of them are hot but still.

Esper
March 12th, 2010, 06:30 PM
Because I'm quiet and reserved that I'm not having fun even when I am. I'm still quiet and reserved when I'm not having fun though.

And because I'm a vegetarian that I can't even stand the sight of meat. I can. I just don't want to eat it.

Sydian
March 12th, 2010, 08:56 PM
My mom thinks I'm having relationship problems when all I say is "okay" when she calls me. Um. I just wanna get off the phone and get back to what I was doing. Sheesh.

I must look sad when I'm thinking, cause I can't tell you how many "are you okay?"s I get when I'm just sitting there.

People assume that just because I'm short and skinny that I would snap in half. Um. No. Wrong. I have a temper like you wouldn't know. I don't need muscles to take out some mugs. Weapons were never disallowed. Neither were teeth, agility, and my overly-large thumbnails.

reyzn
March 12th, 2010, 09:40 PM
People have told me that I'm intimidating upon first impression because I am headstrong and would never allow anyone to use me as a doormat. It's weird because I am a 5 foot nothing little asian girl xD

Kura
March 12th, 2010, 09:55 PM
I hate when people think I'm a negative person just because I disagree with what you say. Life's not a popularity contest, honey. I can have my own opinions.

Wings Don't Cry
March 13th, 2010, 01:28 AM
So this has popped up numerous occasions in my life, especially recently when people take what I say the wrong way. Like, whenever I say something in a calm manner, it sounds rude and people are like "Calm down. DD:" and I'm like "...I am calm. o_o;" People also take me for someone that gets angry quickly, but again, that's not...necessarily true because I'm always calm; I guess it's just my tone of voice. XD

Surprisingly it's exactly the same for me, but I also get a lot of comments on being mono toned which is probably meaning I always sound angry. Everyone always says I have anger issues but if I actually got angry at the petty things people mistake for being angry at, I'd expect to be expelled straight away.

Spikey-Eared Pichu
March 13th, 2010, 01:01 PM
My friends don't think I can ever be uspet or ever have something wrong with me. I always put on a smile and laugh, but I almost always have something wrong with me. My friends find it impossible for me to be sad ._.

TheGearofWar
March 13th, 2010, 01:23 PM
I get that I'm level-headed and actually like, emotionless a lot xD

On the contrary though, my mom says I have a short temper, so really I don't know what's going on there.

Left4Dead
March 14th, 2010, 04:34 PM
When I'm not smiling every single second of the day I must be depressed and am not having a good time. Seriously though, who smiles every second of the day?

XCHAMPX
March 14th, 2010, 06:41 PM
that nazis are bad people

Jordan
March 14th, 2010, 06:49 PM
It might have been the "Kill the Jews" part.

Anyhoo, I myself have been told that I seem to hate everyone, probably because of my dull tone of voice making me sound that way. And I virtually have no control over the decibels of my voice at times, so I often speak very loudly and henceforth, people think I was mad at them when I wasn't. ^^;

Melody
March 14th, 2010, 07:04 PM
I am naturally a very withdrawn personality in real life. I am especially silent around people I dont feel I know or dont relate to in some way. My family thinks it's because i'm antisocial. I'm not. I have very sensitive empaty capabilities...meaning I can sense how someone feels by looking at them. It's really useful because it helps me avoid people that are bottling up emotion and have lots of negative emotion stored up. People like that tend to be easy to upset or get them mad at you. I can also sense people who are faking friendliness or kindness and I dont like people who do that.

Another misconception is that I am ignoring someone when I am wearing headphones. I always wear them and IF my Zune is playing, the volume never exceeds 25% of its maximum unless I am in am in a terrible mood. (which is rare)

At the usual low volume level I keep my music at, I can usually hear everyone around me. I especially dislike it when people are offended by my wearing earbuds AFTER I tell them the player they are connected to is off. I dont wear them in situations where I know I need to listen.

chapter16
March 15th, 2010, 08:50 AM
When I'm not smiling every single second of the day I must be depressed and am not having a good time. Seriously though, who smiles every second of the day?

I get the same thing all of the time. Especially when I was working at a bar. Girls would come up and ask me why I looked so unhappy. I told them no one smiles ALL of the time, and that if someone looks delighted to be cleaning up broken glass, drinks, and vomit then that is just a little bit creepy haha.

Lady Gaga
March 15th, 2010, 08:56 AM
That I am still the crazy kid I was when I was little, which I am not. Ive grown up, but the thought is still there with everyone I konw.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™
March 15th, 2010, 09:32 AM
Whenever I complain about something my parents always think I'm on the verge of going ballistic. It makes it quite hard to have a civil conversation with them.

.little monster
March 15th, 2010, 10:15 AM
That because I'm gay, I'm attracted to every male that I see.
Basically it is this.

Although, my family doesn't do that.

pokejungle
March 15th, 2010, 03:31 PM
I'm sorry we banned this guy. He is like my favorite.

Umm misconceptions about me? That I'm serious. Everything thinks I'm serious.