PDA

View Full Version : Education: What is your favourite subject?

curiousnathan
March 13th, 2010, 06:29 PM
There are a variety of different subjects you can study, form maths to enlish to art and to science. But my quesiton here today is, What is your favourite? Why?

My favourite is Science simply because the pracs we do are fntastic and very interesting and not to mention fun!

Throat
March 13th, 2010, 06:32 PM
Used to be natural sciences.

Zorua
March 13th, 2010, 06:36 PM
Science and Mathematics. The latter is pretty ironic considering that I used to have a strong hate for mathematics back when I was a middle-schooler and into early High School. But ever since Geometry, I guess I've gotten new found respect for mathematics and the desire to pursue it even further. Because I want to be a doctor in the future, that would take a lot of math(calculus level), so whether I like it or not, I would need to learn some pretty hard math if I'm ever going to get where I want to go.

History is also a good subject of mine, for a reason that I really...don't know. xD I just like learning about other countries and their past; what they went through and how certain events have impacted them briefly or even on the long run.

I also like studying art. This is a pretty recent thing, and I believe it comes from my inner intuition as a writer. I'm sort of a critic, I guess, and to better myself at that, I suppose the best thing to do would be to study art in itself. This would also help me with my writing in some manner.

English is also okay, but...not too much, I guess. xD

All in all, you can say I'm pretty balanced.

reyzn
March 13th, 2010, 07:21 PM
Biology and English.

NikoBelic999
March 13th, 2010, 07:30 PM
Lunch....XD

Social Studies!

Ayselipera
March 13th, 2010, 07:38 PM
History.

I could sit in History all day long. If only it wasn't just an hour long class. ;o;
English comes at a close second.

acetrainerzx
March 13th, 2010, 07:54 PM
History, coz the teacher suck, she keep reading the textbook... over and over and is knda unaware of the class, leaving us to do things freely =P

Anti-Hero
March 13th, 2010, 08:12 PM
I enjoy learning about History. Math is really interesting, and since I'm in Algebra, its cool to see how everything all falls together. However, it is very annoying. IT might be because I'm in Honors and we get all the hard stuff. Science can be fun if your teacher is cool and actually does labs and experiments.

Flamboyant
March 13th, 2010, 08:48 PM
Arts, of course! 8D
But I also like english, since it's so easy. We stopped learning grammar back in secondary 3, so all we do now is projects and read books.

zappyspiker
March 13th, 2010, 10:52 PM
P.E and ICT It's the most relaxing and fun subjects

Kww37
March 13th, 2010, 11:43 PM
Global Studies - Thus the reasoning for my majoring in University next year.

History - Not WW1 and WW2 history. I am talking Renaissance era history.

Zet
March 13th, 2010, 11:49 PM
I had two favourite subjects back when I was in high school. Drama and History.

Drama: Because we got to have fun while doing school work and acting is pretty neat.

History: Because you get to learn about old dead people and how the world has advanced from several million years ago.

Lie Ren
March 14th, 2010, 12:24 AM
Hmm.. I liked taking Anthropology during my first college semester.

Aside from that, I suppose I liked art enough.

History was okay at times.. honestly, while in school I was one of those people that disliked pretty much every subject they had. xD;

Serene Grace
March 14th, 2010, 12:32 AM
English because I love writing and, because of that, I always find the assignments easy and quite interesting.

IT because I love computers. 'Nuff said.

loliwin
March 14th, 2010, 12:45 AM
Science. The pracs are fun. Once, we did some old Bunsen Burner prac, just heating water. The Science Teacher count think of anything so yeah, she came up with this project. We were separated in benches(of course lol). It was awesome though, my partner knocked off the hose that was connected to that gas tap thingy and created a massive fireball from our bunsen burner that burned parts of my book :) Unfortunately, we turned the gas off . :(

Lt. Silver
March 14th, 2010, 03:17 AM
Chemistry and Software Development, strong dislike for my other subjects in Maths, English and IT applications.
Have a compulsory Religious Education half subject(doesn't count towards anything) which is actually okay.

Galukxy
March 14th, 2010, 03:19 AM
I have a few Art, P.E., ICT and Technollogy but out of them Art is my favorite =P

WonderGirl
March 14th, 2010, 03:40 AM
In honour of Pi day, MATHS!!
okay, well im good in maths, but i only like it sometimes. well it actually depends. i dunno xD i also like geography cuz its easy

chikorita125
March 14th, 2010, 04:10 AM
i liked wood class because i enjoyed building things

Kon~
March 14th, 2010, 04:48 AM
My absolute favourite is English Literature, with Language being slightly worse for me (I love writing, but reading is what I was born to do).

Art, I used to like, but taking it at GCSE sucked all the fun out of it. Which reminds me, my exam is tomorrow, and I haven't finished Prep yet... *runs*

Idiot!
March 14th, 2010, 06:01 AM
Chemisty and Physics. I hate History

Jordan
March 14th, 2010, 07:04 AM
History, definitely. Humanity's accomplishments and mistakes never ceases to amaze me, and I love learning about people.

I Laugh at your Misfortune!
March 14th, 2010, 07:34 AM
Classical Civilisation and Biology.

Or, in other words, the two most opposite subjects possible.

Alli
March 14th, 2010, 07:46 AM
Anything that's not academic and required to pass. Haha. I hate school. But no seriously, biology and British literature. I've actually enjoyed reading these stories this year. Though I do miss all the poetry we had to write last year, I've learned more words and better morals in senior English than junior English. And biology I so desperately miss</3 Reproduction is the best chapter. ;]

Elite Overlord LeSabre™
March 14th, 2010, 09:21 AM
It used to be math, back in high school. But now even that's kicking my butt, so, yeah... Don't really have a favorite now, since math and finance are pretty much all I can take at this stage in my college education...

Saltare.
March 14th, 2010, 09:29 AM
Lunch.

Haha. I like science. We do a lot of cool stuff. We made a dry ice bomb at the begining of the year...good times..

Jubilation
March 15th, 2010, 12:02 AM
English, simply because it's my best subject.

Hantsuki
March 15th, 2010, 02:38 PM
I used to really love Math and Science when I was younger, but it got too advanced, and I didn't find it as fascinating as I did when I was younger. At the same time, I used to hate History because I thought it was boring and pointless to learn about things that happened in the past. Now I'm truly fascinated by anything I learn, which I get from reading primarily, so subject-wise, I became very much interested in English. And since History goes hand-in-hand with English (in order to understand what you're reading, you need to understand the time period of whence it came from or took place), I am also very much interested in History.

Honest
March 15th, 2010, 02:48 PM
LUNCH FTW

xD. Naaah, seriously? Well, in middle school, it was so defiantly Earth Science. My teacher was awesome! I could talk to her about anything, and usually me and a bunch of friends would stay after school and play Uno in her room and chat with her. xD

Nowadays... must say math, even though I was this close to failing. I like my teacher and math is easy for me, but I just hate his tests. >_>

AtomicoExploda
March 15th, 2010, 04:51 PM
Well, Technical Drawing is definitely first because I find it really easy and also interesting to see how things are constructed. We also have a laid back teacher who is also good at teaching it, so it's really my favourite class.

Second would be I.T since I like computers and am pretty much using one always, so yeah, I find that really easy.

Maths (or Math whichever you want to call it), is also one of my favourites. It is kind of hard when doing something different, but I can get to understanding it fast.

Fourth is History because I find interesting and it pretty easy for me, I always get good marks in it. There's not much really to say about it, I just find it good.

They're my top four, other than that, there would be P.E since it's fun, really easy and you don't have to study anything, but at the same time, you're learning.

alkaline00
March 15th, 2010, 05:55 PM
English and fine arts are my favourites. I've always loved read, writing and drawing. There's just so much you can get out of literature and art (:

kissing. raindrops
March 15th, 2010, 06:38 PM
hmm.. only out of the classes i'm taking this semester, which are psychology, math, history and physics, i like math the best i guess. psychology is fun too.

Chloroform Girl
March 15th, 2010, 07:09 PM
a class called ERC-ethic religious culture

Lately we're focusing on drug addicts, which I think is very interesting
Then our teacher told us she used to smoke pot and try LSD and coke :/
hahaha