PDA

View Full Version : A journey of misfits (Revived)

Shiney
October 27th, 2004, 04:59 PM
I've decided to try my old role play again, only this time with a few minor changes.

The basis of the plot is your typical pokemon journey role play, we start out, recievve our pokemon, and go on a quest to whatever each of our goals may be. There is one key difference between this and most role plays of it's style though. Characters may have a special quirk or ability which is not normal among humans. It can be shape changing (I'll post limits on this later in the post) a curse, the ability to make curses, being able to speak with pokemon, ect. Just nothing too overpowering.

I intend this to be a serious roleplay, but with some elements of humor, therefore I encourage the best of your roleplaying ability to be used here, and I reserve the right to remove anyone from the RP who is not able to roleplay with the others.

Now, lastly, before I post the form, I will impose some limits on the type on an example power to show you what is overpowered and what is not. Morphing into a pokemon, that's fine, but you can only have one pokemon to morph into, and you can not use your own pokemon while in that form, not to mention risking being catched.

Now, the form.

Name:
Starting pokemon:
Appearance:
History: (optional)
Personality: (not required)

I'll post mine in a while.

Flygon trainer
October 27th, 2004, 05:07 PM
Name: Toklata
Starting pokemon:Trapinch
Appearance: Shiney, I think you have a picture..
History: N/A
Personality:
Special power: morph into Flygon

Shiney
October 27th, 2004, 05:15 PM
Name: Ivan
Starting pokemon: Nidoran male
Appearance: Under normal conditions, he looks like http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v215/AIVAS/ivan.png I'll post his other looks when it's neccisary.
Personality:
Curse: When he touches cold water, he is transformed into a female, until he touches hot water, which reverses the effect until next time.

And here's a pic opf FT's character: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v215/AIVAS/Toklata.png

Dragon Paw
October 27th, 2004, 05:28 PM
Name: Kristen
Starting pokemon: Eevee
Appearance: Has back length brown hair, brown eyes, and wears a white short and pink shorts.
Personality: A bit submissive but gentle and kind.
Special Ability: Weather Control

Shiney
October 27th, 2004, 05:49 PM
OOC: all right, as I only have to minutes left today, though i might get more later, I'm going to start this, anyone can still join.

IC: I woke up and got dressed, much like any other, but my parents weren't home, they knew today was the day I'd be leaving with my friends though, so it was no problem. I got my coat, since it was late autumn, and because it was in style no matter what anyone said. I picked up the pokeball containing the pokemon I had recieved only a few days ago, and headed out towards a park, where I had promised to meet my friends...

Dragon Paw
October 27th, 2004, 05:53 PM
I sat on a wooden bench in the park. My Eevee playfully kicked around a pinecone before me. I then turned my attention onto the cloudy sky. I liked cloudy days. Thoguh I had no hand in the weather today. I sighed and then stretched. I looked around to see the park was mostly deserted.

Shiney
October 27th, 2004, 05:57 PM
I rushed into the park, and began searching for people I knew. Son, I found Kristen sitting on a bench by a fountain, and despite my reluctance to get close to the water, I managed to get within 10 feet of it to ask "Hey, have you seen any of the others yet?"

Flygon trainer
October 27th, 2004, 06:01 PM
A large adult Flygon watched the two from on top of one of those pastic tunnels that kids crawled through. how this supported my weight was beyond me though..

Shiney
October 27th, 2004, 06:05 PM
"Gah!" I said, stumbling back as I noticed the Flygon. If I remembered right, they were usually peaceful unless threatened, so I decided to just stand where I was, and to move very slowly if I had to move at all.

Flygon trainer
October 27th, 2004, 06:28 PM
I watched Ivan as he backed away, and i would have laughed if I could. I flew down from my perch, landing on the ground near him, wishing I could build up a Flamethrower jsut to scare him..

Shiney
October 27th, 2004, 06:32 PM
I actually relaxed as the flygon came near, it didn't seem likely to attack me, though I still didn't make any sudden movements. "Hey there." I said, showing my empty palms, the universal sign-language for Look- I'm not holding a large and nasty weapon! "Don't worry, I have no intention of trying to catch you, a flygon is still way above me." I said, knowing that flygon were among the more intelligent of the species of pokemon.

Flygon trainer
October 27th, 2004, 06:36 PM
I pretty much ignored him, and laied down next to the fountain, feeling the water hit my back. but my mind was racing. He noticed me! Ivan actually noticed me! now, normally my girly excitement would have caused me to do something stupid, such as fall in the fountain, but the Flygon stayed totally calm..

Shiney
October 27th, 2004, 06:37 PM
I slowly walked over to the bench, and sat down. I began thinking, and was almost completely oblivious to the world around me. "I wonder when the others will get here..." I said, though I was just thinking out loud.

Flygon trainer
October 27th, 2004, 06:40 PM
I flew away until I was totally hiddden, then morphed back to my huamn form, coming back out, and sitting on the bench next to Ivan. "sorry I'm late" I said carefully.

Shiney
October 27th, 2004, 06:42 PM
I snapped out of my thoughts as toklata sat down next to me, and said "No, it's no problem at all. You're not the only one, I'm actually early to tell the truth." I said. Normally I didn't talk this much, yet I always seemed to when I was around tokie, I didn't know why though.

Flygon trainer
October 27th, 2004, 06:46 PM
"okay" I said, again keeping as much control as I could. I got to my feet, aiming to head over to the fountain for a while, but i only got 3 steps before I lost control over my mind, and i tripped and fell.

Shiney
October 27th, 2004, 06:50 PM
"Whoa!" I said, jumping up, and without thinking, bringing myself even closer to the fountain to catch tokie before she fell. "Are you okay? Did you sprain something?" I asked, genuine concern in my voice.

Flygon trainer
October 27th, 2004, 06:54 PM
"Yeah, I'm fine. just being a clutz." I said, taking as long as I could maange to get to my own two feet without causing suspiciouns....

Shiney
October 27th, 2004, 06:56 PM
I smiled, and said "Eh, it's no problem." As she finally got back to her feet, (to my partial regret) I noticed how close I was to the fountain, and was amazed that I hadn't even thought about the water before I caught tokie.

Flygon trainer
October 27th, 2004, 06:59 PM
"it's obvious, I'm not safe to walk near today" i said with a slight laugh, looking for somethign to slip on. "by the way, did you know the fountain now has heated water?"

Shiney
October 27th, 2004, 07:01 PM
"No, I didn't." I said, looking over at it curiously, but I still didn't take step towards it, the heater may have been broken, especially in this weather, and there was no sense taking chances. The thought of changing in front of Tokie seemed paticularly appauling compared to someone else for some reason.

Flygon trainer
October 27th, 2004, 07:03 PM
I moved back over to the bench, deciding I didn;''t want to take the risk of gettign wet anyway. besides that, I couldn't trip again, not for anohter few hours, or it'd seem suspicious...

Shiney
October 27th, 2004, 07:05 PM
I quickly followed Tokie back towards the bench, glad to be moving away from the water all the same, and sat back down next to her without a word.

Flygon trainer
October 27th, 2004, 07:09 PM
"so what have you been up to lately? havn't heard from you much." I said, desperate to start conversation..

Shiney
October 27th, 2004, 07:16 PM
"Well, I only got back from my trip to china last month, and I just barely got caught up with school in time to be allowed my pokemon license, how about you?" i asked, thinking about China, and Jusenkyo still brought back that painful memory.

Flygon trainer
October 27th, 2004, 07:17 PM
"working with a Flygon i met. it doesn't listen too well, but it's pretty smart, I think" I said, smiling slightly.

Shiney
October 27th, 2004, 07:21 PM
"Huh? Was it that flygon that was here earlier?" I asked, flygon was one of my favorite pokemon, second only to nidoking.

Flygon trainer
October 27th, 2004, 07:23 PM
"probably. there arn't exactly many Flygon around" I said, getting out the pokeball that contained my Trapinch.

Shiney
October 27th, 2004, 07:25 PM
"I see-" I began, but the continuous boom of rolling thunder suddenly distracted me, and I looked up, a trace of panic in my expression. If it rained now, I was doomed for sure.

Flygon trainer
October 27th, 2004, 07:31 PM
I whimpered slightly at the sound of thunder, accidently morphing the wings and tail of my Flyogn form, but i quickly noticed and morphed back to normal. "I think we should get out of here" I said, still whimpering..

Shiney
October 27th, 2004, 07:41 PM
I was staring up at the sky, so intent on it that I didn't even notice Tokie's change. "You're right, we should have plenty of cover under the trees." I said, pointing towards the thick tree cover all around the path and fountain, before getting up and running for the cover when I noticed that rain was already starting to fall.

Flygon trainer
October 27th, 2004, 07:45 PM
I noticed he seemed as alarmed as I was, and I morphed Flygon, hovering above him to repel the rain. But I'd have to hide and morph, and he might figure it out anyway..

Shiney
October 27th, 2004, 07:47 PM
I finished my mad dash, and noticed that the Flygon from earlier had followed me, but Tokie was nowhere in sight. "Hey, could you find toklata for me? I kind of, well, I can't go out into the rain." I said, figuring that this had to be the one tokie was talking about.

Flygon trainer
October 27th, 2004, 07:49 PM
I nodded slightly, thankful that he didn't notice, and I took off at top speed, looking for a suitable hiding spot..

Shiney
October 27th, 2004, 08:06 PM
I looked lout at the downpour, wondering where kristen had gotten caugh in this mess, but my thoughts wandered back to tokie. I was glad that pokemon couldn't talk, or else I may have trouble explaining why I had told it I couldn't go out in the rain...

Dragon Paw
October 28th, 2004, 04:10 AM
A circle of no rain surrounded me. I still sat on the bench. I had noticed something odd about Toklata during the exchange but ignored it. I watched Eevee curiously examine how it was raining in the circle and not on the outside.

Shiney
October 28th, 2004, 08:53 AM
I looked out into the rain, and I thought I could make out Kristen's shape out in it, but it was raining much to hard to tell. "Kristen?" I called out into the rain, but the storm made just as much noise, so I couldn't tell if she heard me or not...

Dragon Paw
October 28th, 2004, 08:58 AM
I barely heard Ivan but I could hear him nonethe less. I moved towards him while the circle of no rain moved with me. I moved over to him under the trees. "Eh if you stand next to me you'll have shelter from the rain." I said while trying to think up an excuse for the circle of no rain. 'Ah forget the excuse.' I thought to myself.

Shiney
October 28th, 2004, 09:02 AM
"That's, quite.... Rather..." I tried to say, looking dumbstruck at the area of no rain. "That's something." I managed to say, rubbing my eyes to make sure I wasn't imagining it.

Dragon Paw
October 28th, 2004, 09:04 AM
I chuckled. "Er its... a special ability of mine." I said. Eevee danced around the edge of the shield while batting around a pincone.

Shiney
October 28th, 2004, 09:07 AM
"You don't say?" I asked, still staring at the wall of rain, but starting to regain my composure. "You're sure it's secure?" I asked, cautiously stepping out from the tree cover, still protected by the 'shield'

Dragon Paw
October 28th, 2004, 09:12 AM
"Sure its secure." I said asthe rain seemed to stop I dropped the barrier. "No need for it.. anyway..." I said as it suddenly began pouring again. I got soaked as did Eevee. I sighed. "Whoops.." I said as I began to concentrate on another shield from the rain. i slowly made the clouds above me stop giving off rain.

Shiney
October 28th, 2004, 09:17 AM
The sudden downpour of rain caught me off guard, stunning me for a moment, and then horror kept me rooted to the spot, and panic shortly followed, as I knew I had just transformed in front of Kristen. I'd run, but I was still rooted to the spot with fear...

OOC: I seeked profesional opinion (Laughs at "profesional") and Ivan's cursed form is: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v215/AIVAS/26_ksm.gif

Dragon Paw
October 28th, 2004, 09:19 AM
"Aye!" I exclaiemd as I looked at what had been Ivy. "You transformed...." I said in awe. I just stared at "her" for a few moments. Eevee seemed to be surprised too for she was staring at her as well.

Shiney
October 28th, 2004, 09:21 AM
My panic faded, but nothing was there to replace it, I felt emotionless as I cleared my throat, and asked "Have you heard of the cursed springs of Jusenkyo, located in Mainland china?" I asked, chances were explaining was going to take a while.

Dragon Paw
October 28th, 2004, 09:23 AM
"Eh no.. I've never been to China" I said, my awe and disbelief fading into mellowness. Eevee then sat down by me and yawned while looking up at the sky.

Shiney
October 28th, 2004, 09:27 AM
"the cursed springs of Jusenkyo, in a nutshell, is that anyone who falls in one of the springs will be forced to take on the body of the last thing that drowned there, every time they come into contact with cold water..." i said, trying not to remember everyhting I had gone through in china looking for a cure. "Hot water will reverse the effect... but only until next time." I finished, wondering where Tokie was. Maybe I could use the heating packs in my backpack-now-bag to make some hot water before she got here...

Dragon Paw
October 28th, 2004, 09:38 AM
I stood there absorbing the information she had given me. 'It has to be real. What more proof do I need?' I thought to myself.

Shiney
October 28th, 2004, 09:40 AM
I went back under the tree cover, and deciding that I couldn't risk tokie seeing me like this, I tore open the seal on one of myheating packs, which were usually used in the military for cooking meals. I placed my water bottle onto it, and simply waited for the water to become warm enough to turn me back...

paige pelletier
October 29th, 2004, 02:57 AM
Is it to late for me to join? If not.........
Name: Paige
Starting Pokemon: Pichu
Apperence: jeans (slightly baggy) t shirt ( black with ball symbol) sneakers back pack brown eyes brown hair down to her ankles pulled in two pony tails (people say it is black)
Personality: you can tell she under stands all but noone seems to under stand her
Special Power: when she is hugged by a male she turns into a ekans

Flygon trainer
October 29th, 2004, 10:50 PM
I had found a secure place to demorph, and I had seen the water-related transform. but once i saw that, I had fled, not wanting to be seen around there any longer..