PDA

View Full Version : An error occured, please try again later.

Cassino
March 16th, 2010, 05:01 PM
That's what Youtube has been saying lately and for no apparent reason when I try to watch any videos on it... Obviously due to my browser, Opera v9, it works on my others but this is the only one I really like. I haven't changed anything about the program myself.

I can only guess they're in the middle of doing something... But still, anyone have any ideas besides 'get Firefox'?

Anti-Hero
March 16th, 2010, 07:56 PM
Get Firefox
Isn't there like an Opera v.10? You should probably upgrade to that.

donavannj
March 16th, 2010, 09:15 PM
There is indeed an Opera 10. Try updating to that version.

Cassino
March 17th, 2010, 06:21 AM
I must never to go against my moral of not updating browsers, again...

Does work in 10 but I can't stand 10; when a company gets to the point of entirely removing the File Edit etc bar from their browser I die inside (edit: worked this out but I'm still discontented). Gone back to v9, I managed to lose my favourites in the grand process too, although that's not so bad. I'll just content myself with IE6 (another browser IMO ruined by updates :D) until some point that something good happens...

Zet
March 17th, 2010, 07:57 AM
If I recall correctly you can bring it back by clicking that big red button and doing something. @_@

twocows
March 17th, 2010, 08:19 AM
I must never to go against my moral of not updating browsers, again...

Does work in 10 but I can't stand 10; when a company gets to the point of entirely removing the File Edit etc bar from their browser I die inside. Gone back to v9, I managed to lose my favourites in the grand process too, although that's not so bad. I'll just content myself with IE6 (another browser IMO ruined by updates :D) until some point that something good happens...
IE6? Really? It's one of the worst browsers you could possibly use. At the very least, use Firefox with an IE6 theme.

IE6 is being phased out for a reason: it's almost a decade old, it's broken, insecure, lacking in functionality, and breaks compatibility by failing to implement basic HTML functionality. The interface in IE8 is just as good as IE6's (it adds the menu bar back in), and it's HTML compliant, secure, and fully featured.

donavannj
March 18th, 2010, 08:13 PM
You can actually get the menu bar to show up in IE7, but I don't remember how, since I only use that at work when I'm on some box that doesn't have Firefox.

twocows
March 19th, 2010, 12:18 PM
You can actually get the menu bar to show up in IE7, but I don't remember how, since I only use that at work when I'm on some box that doesn't have Firefox.
In IE7, you press the alt button, I believe. I found that to be an annoying behavior, and I was glad they just made a permanent address bar in IE8.

donavannj
March 19th, 2010, 09:35 PM
In IE7, you press the alt button, I believe. I found that to be an annoying behavior, and I was glad they just made a permanent address bar in IE8.

I still don't remember how I got it to permanently stay, unless that's our scripting at work that does that.

HackMew
March 22nd, 2010, 03:00 PM
I still don't remember how I got it to permanently stay, unless that's our scripting at work that does that.

After pressing Alt, you can go to View > Toolbars and tick the Menu Bar option.

...or you can right-click at the top and click "Menu Bar"

Or even that. Luckily, given a problem, sometimes there are multiple solutions. Heck, you could even go as far as messing around with the registry editor :D

Team Fail
March 22nd, 2010, 03:04 PM
After pressing Alt, you can go to View > Toolbars and tick the Menu Bar option.

...or you can right-click at the top and click "Menu Bar"

LightOfTruth
March 25th, 2010, 10:49 AM
Firefox has this problem on its latest version :(

donavannj
March 26th, 2010, 10:39 AM
Firefox has this problem on its latest version :(

Which version of Firefox are you using? 3.6.2 is the newest version out there.

LightOfTruth
March 26th, 2010, 10:43 AM
They seem to have fixed it now I been nagging them all day on Twitter because I was using Firefox 3.62. Awww well at least I now have Chrome as well now :)

Prince_of_Light
March 30th, 2010, 09:28 AM

it is permanent. All you have to do is go to View > Toolbars > Navigation Bar.

twocows
March 30th, 2010, 02:21 PM
I meant that if you didn't do that, it comes up and changes the page layout if you accidentally bump alt.

Prince_of_Light
March 30th, 2010, 06:25 PM
I meant that if you didn't do that, it comes up and changes the page layout if you accidentally bump alt.

Ohh I see. Yeah microsoft likes to do that for some reason. Same thing happens in WLM. =/