PDA

View Full Version : Does Death ever freak you out?

SquirtleGirl
March 17th, 2010, 08:17 AM
I was just reading the abortion thread and that got me thinking about living and dying.

Does the thought of dying ever scare you? or are you totally calm about it?

I'm really curious cause I had a huge freak out the other week about it. I've read the novel "The Declaration" by Gemma Malley and even though it's fiction it really made me think. I guess I'm kinda scared about never being able to breathe or eat or talk ever again. And the thought of being buried or cremated *shudder* But then again, if everyone lived forever, new life wouldn't be able to take over.

What do you believe? do you believe in an afterlife, heaven and hell or reincarnation or are you very scientific on the matter? I'd love to read what you guys think!

And sorry if this thread is a bit depressing for anyone! :o:(

Throat
March 17th, 2010, 09:18 AM
I consider the possibility of an after-life, although I'm atheist. I'm not really scared about it, I think we'll most likely simply die.
My father used to be Spiritist and he said he has seen a lot, as I know my father, I can say he isn't easy to trick, but I'm going to give it a try myself someday.

Melody
March 17th, 2010, 10:07 AM
I don't fear death, but I don't like the idea of dying early on in life, I've got a lot of things I'd like to do before I die, and I'd like to see my death coming, thank you very much. :3

Other than that, no...Death is something I accept as part of Life.

Talli
March 17th, 2010, 10:11 AM
No I don't fear it..It solve everything.
I wish I was dead

Galukxy
March 17th, 2010, 10:12 AM
does it scare me? yes it does but I try not to think about it, am I totally calm about it? no not really

Do I believe in a after-life? yes I do, I believe in God and Satan/Devil and Jesus and Angels, heaven and hell yup I do.

lollypop1997
March 17th, 2010, 10:23 AM
It did me.A lot!I don't really understand how you die I meen,imagine if you just fell asleep and next thing u know your in the coffin(is that where you put people when they die cause I'm not sure?)

does it scare me? yes it does but I try not to think about it, am I totally calm about it? no not really

Do I believe in a after-life? yes I do, I believe in God and Satan/Devil and Jesus and Angels, heaven and hell yup I do.

I don't believe in Jesus or God.Don't ask me why,I don't know.

No I don't fear it..It solve everything.
I wish I was dead

Why do you wish you were dead?

SIN1488
March 17th, 2010, 10:40 AM
Nah, I got most of that fear out of my system when I thought too much about it in elementary school. Then I got the rest out of me when I thought I was dying many years later.

I believe that nobody that is alive right now can possibly know anything about the afterlife, even if they have had "near death experiences". And I really hate it when people are so sure they know, and would even argue about it non-stop.

Dr. Evan
March 17th, 2010, 10:54 AM
Death never really frightened me at all. Once you accept the fact that its the only sure part of your entire life, it becomes more intriguing than anything else.

Bluerang1
March 17th, 2010, 11:11 AM
Wow, the posts so far cheered me up about the topic. (Mostly cause of the believers, love you guys :)) But yeah, generally, it freaks me out.

Jolene
March 17th, 2010, 11:14 AM
I am more scared of getting old.

luf100
March 17th, 2010, 11:24 AM
I think dead is dead. No heaven or afterlife or anything, but it doesn't really freak me out a lot. I mean I don't want to die, but I'm not exactly scared to die. Everyone dies.

I'll probably donate my body to science, if this has anything to do with the topic. I won't care when I'm dead. Giving it to science and it possibly helping someone is better than it rotting in a wooden box underground or being burned into ashes. I find both of those options pretty gross...

Timbjerr
March 17th, 2010, 11:55 AM
Why should I be scared of death? It's 100% natural part of life. The way I see it, death is the beginning of a fun afterlife rather than the end of our miserable existence.

NarutoActor
March 17th, 2010, 12:06 PM
"When God is on my side whom/what then shal I fear" Why should I bescared of death it's a natrual part of life and after I die I am going into heaven. "for who any believes in him, shal not parish but have ever lasting life" But truth be told I don't wish to die any time soon. I still have a lot of things I need to take care of on this world and do.

curiousnathan
March 17th, 2010, 12:27 PM
Am Iscared of dying? Well sort of not now anyway, I am only young. I do believe in Heaven and Hell, Jesus and God but not the devil. My friend is really religousand se believes in the Kuran, sorry if a I spelt it wrong. She is turkish and she explains what to say and act in thier culture and beliefs.

For me I would like to Dye from old age the most natural way of dying there is. I want to be at least over 85 years old. I want my life to exapnd to the greatest it can exapnd from. AND I want to spend even those tiny minuties with my family and friends.

SquirtleGirl
March 17th, 2010, 12:35 PM
Wow pretty deep answers guys.

I dunno I'm just a sort of restless person and being dead would be so....boring :L
I know I've got years and years yet but I hope it's as [as it is put in the Harry Potter novels] "quick and easy as falling asleep"

I also like to believe in reincarnation a little bit. To come back as something or someone else would be better than just ceasing to exist. Even if it's a bit far fetche'd and it totally contradicts science noboy really knows do they??

Rich Boy Rob
March 17th, 2010, 12:39 PM
I think dead is dead. No heaven or afterlife or anything, but it doesn't really freak me out a lot. I mean I don't want to die, but I'm not exactly scared to die. Everyone dies.

I'll probably donate my body to science, if this has anything to do with the topic. I won't care when I'm dead. Giving it to science and it possibly helping someone is better than it rotting in a wooden box underground or being burned into ashes. I find both of those options pretty gross...

I swear my brain just jumped out of my brain and hacked your account, because that is exactly how I feel about death. Mind you, I don't really find burial/cremation gross though.

More than anything death intrigues me. I've spent ages thinking about what it's like dying, I mean does everything just go black, or do you see a bright light, what?
As for how I would like to die, I want to live as long as possible, but only as long as I don't have to live my life hooked up to life support machines and need to have people wipe my **** for me. It'd be cool if I lived to 106 though, because then I'd have lived in three different centuries :cool:.

Chibi-chan
March 17th, 2010, 12:41 PM
Why is it serious topic March?!?!?! For goodness sakes.

Death happens to everyone. No reason to fear something inevitable.

Honest
March 17th, 2010, 12:47 PM
Sorta curious why you put the 'd' in "death" in your title in Caps...

Anyways, well, of course I'm scared. Who isn't, unless your extremely calm *coughChibicough*. But it's like Chibi said. Death is inevitable. Hopefully, we won't have to deal with it in a few decades, but when it does come, I just hope I die a happy man. I'll embrace Death (yes, caps) if I had.

IceSage
March 17th, 2010, 12:50 PM
Sorta curious why you put the 'd' in "death" in your title in Caps...

He's totally talking about Death, the guy with the scythe who steals souls, and ends up cheating at board games with you in a contest to see if your soul can return to the living world or not, so you can save your girlfriends from your evil robotic twins from the future.

Cassino
March 17th, 2010, 01:01 PM
"Death, therefore, the most awful of evils, is nothing to us, seeing that, when we are, death is not come, and, when death is come, we are not."
— Epicurus

Honest
March 17th, 2010, 01:05 PM
He's totally talking about Death, the guy with the scythe who steals souls, and ends up cheating at board games with you in a contest to see if your soul can return to the living world or not, so you can save your girlfriends from your evil robotic twins from the future.

Haha, I guessed at much... well, the board games are a little much. Lay of my girl

Well, in this case, no, I'm still not scared. Death is a force, and I doubt it'll get a body sooner or later. That's like gravity growing a head. xD

Amore
March 17th, 2010, 01:06 PM
Hmmm...kinda.

I hope there's some sort of brilliant afterlife.
I wanna kinda be able to re-do my life.Get more friends, etc.

I'm christian, but I'm terrified in case there isn't a heaven, or it isn't actually that good

IceSage
March 17th, 2010, 01:19 PM
I'd like to also chime in, that the topic of "death" wouldn't be as scary if there wasn't so much allusion and controversy surrounding it.

I'm quite sure if I was raised with the simple premise of, "We live, we die, that's the way of life" then I would be less worried about dying.

The fact that we spend our whole lives trying to stay alive, and worry about the concepts of different religions and beliefs, really factors in to the reason why some of us worry about dying so much. The notions and possibilities that are given to us confuse us and make us speculate, and believe we can avoid death... in which, unless certain medical breakthroughs happen, we can not.

Wondering questions like, "Is there an afterlife," and "are there ghosts" and "is this religion true?" and "am I following the religion / belief correctly?" all factor in to it.

Daeva Okami-Luca
March 17th, 2010, 01:23 PM
I'm obsessed with death, corpses, blood, morbid stuff...

So, no, not at all.

I believe in reincarnation and don't fear death; Karma isn't to be feared either, if you avoid making bad karma for yourself.

SquirtleGirl
March 17th, 2010, 01:28 PM
The capitilisation in death wasn't intentional. I have a wierd thing of capatalising all the words in a title. But I got lazy half way through. XD Yano, just leave it :L I can see how you'd take it wrong :L

Tree_x
March 17th, 2010, 01:39 PM
Death Happens it something you just have to accept weather your Terminally ill our you Walked out your front door and tripped :D its just part of life

emoBill™
March 17th, 2010, 01:46 PM
No, death is in love with me~
[/Kerli]

But really. I'm not too scared of it.
I'm more scared of not being able to be a human anymore.
I like being a human >:
I'm a Christian so I believe in all the heaven/hell stuff.
I'm kind of fond of being a human ._.;

Tree_x
March 17th, 2010, 01:49 PM
No, death is in love with me~
[/Kerli]

But really. I'm not too scared of it.
I'm more scared of not being able to be a human anymore.
I like being a human >:
I'm a Christian so I believe in all the heaven/hell stuff.
I'm kind of fond of being a human ._.;

Hmm So you are more scared of not being here on earth but to be somewhere else?

emoBill™
March 17th, 2010, 01:54 PM
Kind of.
It's a fear of the unknown thing.
Like, I really enjoy being here where I know what I can do.
I kind of don't want to move onto heaven because it's fun here >:

Moltres111
March 17th, 2010, 01:54 PM
I'm pretty calm about it, since I know it's going to happen sometime. As long as I die naturally and not some terrible death like a terrorist coming to my house then torturing me and my family for days before he kills me or dying in a plane crash, i'm fine with it. I still have plenty of years left unless something really bad happens. :>

Daeva Okami-Luca
March 17th, 2010, 01:57 PM
I'm pretty calm about it, since I know it's going to happen sometime. As long as I die naturally and not some terrible death like a terrorist coming to my house then torturing me and my family for days before he kills me or dying in a plane crash, i'm fine with it. I still have plenty of years left unless something really bad happens. :>

XD this made me fall over laughing

Tree_x
March 17th, 2010, 02:00 PM
Oh do not worry Death doesn't care if your 1 day old or 13 yrs old :D you could die any second but i understand why you feel you still have awhile it is in your nature as a child "XD

emoBill™
March 17th, 2010, 02:06 PM
Yeah, you can never be sure when you'll die.
You could get pushed in front of a bus like Regina George >:

Tree_x
March 17th, 2010, 02:11 PM
Yep :D but you have to die if you do not we would all run out of food and just live starving forever and that would not be fun :P!

Spikey-Eared Pichu
March 17th, 2010, 02:17 PM
Death itself doesn't scare me, it's what comes after. Man is naturally afraid of the unknown and since no one knows what happens when you die, we'll always be afraid of it. I wouldn't want to spend eternity in Heaven. I'd want to die, and be reincarnated as a guy again (redhead or blonde, lol). I don't believe I'm going to Hell when I die, but no one can be certain.

TheRichar
March 17th, 2010, 02:26 PM
Well, I'm not afraid of death, If you are going to die, you'll die, that's for sure, but no one wishes to be dead, (just crazy peolpe, emos and Curtis talli)

tehGDS
March 17th, 2010, 02:29 PM
no no non on no no no no You live and die and ro

Bulbasaur15
March 17th, 2010, 02:31 PM
Death is a curious thing. I'am not scared of death but if can live i will

reyzn
March 17th, 2010, 03:26 PM
Death is inevitable, so the idea of death doesn't scare me, but the thought of how I'm going to go does :S

emoBill™
March 17th, 2010, 06:15 PM
Well, I'm not afraid of death, If you are going to die, you'll die, that's for sure, but no one wishes to be dead, (just crazy peolpe, emos and Curtis talli)
That's usually Goths that are fascinated with the dead.
Not emos. Emo is actually a style ._.;
Like the clothing and such. Like Hot Topic.

By the way, that has nothing to do with my username.
My username is from a friend's Myspace xD

twocows
March 17th, 2010, 07:07 PM
I don't believe in an afterlife. I do what I do because I don't think I'll ever get another chance.

I don't like death. I'm a bit desensitized to it, but it's something I really dislike. I understand it's natural and all, but despite that, I think it's quite sad. It's one of the most terrible occurrences, and the real tragedy is, it happens to everyone.

CGCoder
March 17th, 2010, 07:28 PM
two things in life are guaranteed for us:
Life and
Death. Sure im afraid of death even though im a christian its not me i fear for its everyone around me. Death is something that is completely natural, its what makes us human.

Mario The World Champion
March 17th, 2010, 07:32 PM
I'm not the kind of person to worry about death. We all stare death in the eyes even though we're not in danger. I saw my Dad die and I was affected by it, but I had a guess he knew that it would be coming soon. But not the way he went. It's only when it's unexpected that it affects you.

If you're going to die, go out with a bang.

Anti-Hero
March 17th, 2010, 08:34 PM
It is death itself that I fear. Rather, how will I die? When will I die?

Guillermo
March 18th, 2010, 02:25 AM
I'm not scared of dying. I'm scared of the people around me dying. See, I believe that there is an afterlife, even if I'm an Atheist. I believe that you can come back as something else, more than likely human. I just don't want to lose the people around me.

Akari
March 18th, 2010, 09:52 AM
For a good while, it was a very fearful idea. However, I've grown to accept that death is inevitable and to fear it is a waste of good time. When my time comes, it will come. Whether there is an afterlife, heaven and hell, is something I would rather not know.

Ayselipera
March 18th, 2010, 12:34 PM
I don't really fear it I just feel indifferent about it. I consider myself an atheist... who believes in ghosts. So I'm hopeful that I can be a ghost when I die. As dumb and silly and that sounds. :/

BHwolfgang
March 18th, 2010, 12:46 PM
Everything has an ending. However, to be honest, I am afraid of dying. It's one of those fears that I can never push away. Death is going to come, and I cannot avoid it. Yeah, I know that it is inevitable, but the thought would still send shivers down my spine. o3o

Eh, maybe in the future, I'll get over it. Hopefully.

Sonikku
March 18th, 2010, 01:06 PM
No, one of these days my stupid meddleing will get me offed and I am ok with that.

FreakyLocz14
March 18th, 2010, 01:57 PM
Death used to freak me out until my death in 2008. It's a very painless proccess.

Captain Hobo.
March 18th, 2010, 02:38 PM
A little bit of both. Yes, because I don't want to leave my family. No, because I know I am going to go to heaven.

Simmons_2.0
March 18th, 2010, 05:56 PM
I'm not scared of death. Why be scared of something that is certain?

TrinityLimit
March 18th, 2010, 06:00 PM
i'm not afraid of death, im afraid of the experiences that cause death. when you die, you die. but all the pain dealt to you must feel horrible :/. being crushed by something must hurt D;
i want to die.... in a peaceful way.

Idiot!
March 19th, 2010, 07:33 AM
Everyone, every living thing will die someday and I take comfort in knowing that. If the comfort from knowing death is inevitable regardless of anything is not enough, I am also relieved that everyone will have the same end (this is my opinion) because our limited judgment and biases are mortal and are usually wrong without scientific evidence

FreakyLocz14
March 19th, 2010, 08:37 AM
Everyone, every living thing will die someday and I take comfort in knowing that. If the comfort from knowing death is inevitable regardless of anything is not enough, I am also relieved that everyone will have the same end (this is my opinion) because our limited judgment and biases are mortal and are usually wrong without scientific evidence

There are actually some species who are biologically immortal. A certain jellyfish is one of them.

SIN1488
March 19th, 2010, 03:33 PM
There are actually some species who are biologically immortal. A certain jellyfish is one of them.

That's interesting, I wonder if all it's cells can't die? Or if it's something else? Cell transplant, anyone? :D

I'll have to look into this though.

A Pixy
March 19th, 2010, 03:41 PM
My greatest fear next to locomotion on rails and large, sharp objects.

NikoBelic999
March 19th, 2010, 03:48 PM
No, we are all going to die someday, so what the hoot? why be scared?

A Pixy
March 19th, 2010, 04:00 PM
Okay, I don't fear death.

Better go kill myself since I don't fear it.

FreakyLocz14
March 19th, 2010, 04:04 PM
That's interesting, I wonder if all it's cells can't die? Or if it's something else? Cell transplant, anyone? :D

I'll have to look into this though.

Humans and the wide majority of life have an enzyme on their cells that shorten whenever they divide, which is the cause of aging and eventual natural death.

Most biological immortal organisms do not have this shortening enzyme.

There is another form of biological immortality. The jellyfish I described actually does die over and over again. After it's death it is reborn again. DNA tests have shown that each rebirth is the same organism.

IceSage
March 19th, 2010, 04:22 PM
No, we are all going to die someday, so what the hoot? why be scared?

Well, like you said and THAT WONDERFUL PIXY GUY! put it, when you put it like that...

I better find those ceremonial samurai swords...

Chrisbob78
March 19th, 2010, 05:02 PM
It dosent really scare me. What scares me is not living life,I mean we all die so why be scared of the future? "Everyone dies not everyone lives"

Vulpixer
March 19th, 2010, 05:21 PM
Am I afraid of death? Well, not really. I only fear dying young before I can do what I want to accomplish in life. I also don't want people to suffer because of my death. But I am certain that God exists. That Jesus came and paid for my sins, and those who also believe will be saved. I've seen so much evidence of it in life. When my grandfather was passing away, my aunt saw angels outside the hospital room windows. Another lady I knew died on the operating table. She said that she saw a light and felt such love that she didn't want to leave. But then there was a voice and it said, "now is not your time." and the doctors revived her with the paddle thingies. Trust me I'm not lying. give the Bible a read. just open it up somewhere random and read a bit. It has answers!

A Pixy
March 19th, 2010, 05:37 PM
Psuedo-hypothetical situation

A man corners you with a .45 and says you have 5 seconds to live before he ends you. I don't think there is ANYONE who wouldn't either resist, or sully their pants.

Death is scary.

No, normal human being wishes to die.

When our lives are on to line, that's when we revert to whatever the first thing that pops into our heads and makes us as vicious as animals.

It's called the Killer Instinct (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Killer_instinct_%28human_behaviour%29) and like breathing or thinking, it cannot be fought.

Long story short, yes. You fear death, I fear death, everyone fears death. Subconsciously. As long as you are sane, you will whether you want to or not.

ryty1231
March 19th, 2010, 05:50 PM
it scares me because what happens? I'm an atheist, so I don't think that there is a God or anything, but what would happen. Because if your dead and everything turns black you wouldn't be able to see the black, but you couldn't see nothing because... well, I don't know. Its too confusing.

SIN1488
March 19th, 2010, 06:12 PM
it scares me because what happens? I'm an atheist, so I don't think that there is a God or anything, but what would happen. Because if your dead and everything turns black you wouldn't be able to see the black, but you couldn't see nothing because... well, I don't know. Its too confusing.

Just think of it like sleeping, but without any dreams....

Idiot!
March 20th, 2010, 08:23 AM

Oh? You are going to tell me I can't boil this jellyfish to death?

SIN1488
March 20th, 2010, 11:06 AM
Oh? You are going to tell me I can't boil this jellyfish to death?

Biologically immortal just means it's cells don't die naturally, like with old age. A jellyfish being boiled alive isn't really natural for it's environment......

hi fi wi fi
March 20th, 2010, 02:06 PM
All the time. Its something actually worth taking the time to think about and then I realise I need to stop worrying. Then others bring it up and I think bout it some more.

Then believe in god because he is real and will show you the way <3

Guillermo
March 25th, 2010, 03:27 AM
Okay, I don't fear death.

Better go kill myself since I don't fear it.
Just because you don't fear it doesn't mean you want to die?

perfectmonster
March 25th, 2010, 06:08 AM
I am really, really scared of dying. I hate the thought that my family and friends will die out one by one for my whole life until it finally happens to me. I really don't want my family to go, because I love them so much. Even the thought of them growing old depresses me. But the thing that really scares me is what happens after. I would so love to believe that we get reborn as a person or an animal or whatever, or that we go to heaven and go all happy fun time forever. But the fact is that I can't. I just don't think it happens. And I am scared of the dark abyss where we spend forever, all alone in the pure darkness. It scares me. So yes, it does keep me up at night and it always will.

ReachForTheMoon
March 25th, 2010, 09:14 PM
I find this funny cause this is something I've been thinking about lately. Not me dying or something, per se... but I feel I used to be horribly scared of death. Though lately I've realized my severe... lack of... caring when it comes to it? It's definitely not that I WANT to die, that's dumb in my opinion (no offense, anyone)... it's just that I'm very willing to do a lot of stupid stuff. I don't really have fear anymore, is a good way to put it. It's sort of a recent thing, but I literally do not find myself afraid of anything anymore.

I'm very willing to just go out and do stuff and see what happens. It's a lifestyle I think I've needed for awhile... so we'll see how it goes for me. :3

So in short, I'm not afraid of death in the slightest. Maybe my religion helps somewhat, but it's not like my religion has recently been strengthened or anything. I just simply feel no fear any longer.

Graceful
March 26th, 2010, 08:12 AM
I'm Not Afraid. Anyway, There Are Pros And Cons in Everything. Plus They Say The Place Where You Go After You Die Is A Lot More Peaceful Than Earth. And Maybe There Is Another Life To Be Live. And A Much Better One.

poopnoodle
March 26th, 2010, 08:17 AM
the concept is overwhelming but i've accepted it as an inevitability. the notion of an eternal afterlife, to me, is actually more frightening than the notion of death.

Trap-Eds
March 26th, 2010, 11:14 AM
I'd like to also chime in, that the topic of "death" wouldn't be as scary if there wasn't so much allusion and controversy surrounding it.

I'm quite sure if I was raised with the simple premise of, "We live, we die, that's the way of life" then I would be less worried about dying.

The fact that we spend our whole lives trying to stay alive, and worry about the concepts of different religions and beliefs, really factors in to the reason why some of us worry about dying so much. The notions and possibilities that are given to us confuse us and make us speculate, and believe we can avoid death... in which, unless certain medical breakthroughs happen, we can not.

Wondering questions like, "Is there an afterlife," and "are there ghosts" and "is this religion true?" and "am I following the religion / belief correctly?" all factor in to it.

Exactly. Back when I was a kid and freaked out over everything, the thought of dying and never being able to return scared me. Now, I'm just scared that I won't be able to do everything I want to do before I die, not death itself.

Death used to freak me out until my death in 2008. It's a very painless proccess.

Say what now? Care to elaborate on that?

I believe lobsters fall under that category as well. I read about it somewhere...

Aquerex
March 27th, 2010, 06:59 PM
Well...

YES. I am extremely afraid of dying. But, since I am still very young and I'm not involved in anything LETHAL, I'm pretty sure I won't have to worry about death for a long time now.

Aureol
March 27th, 2010, 07:22 PM
I'm not afraid of death. Although, I wouldn't mind getting a bit more under my belt before I go :P

Zebeedoo
March 27th, 2010, 08:36 PM
Ha... I had a huge freak out about last year, I kept wondering what It would be like, and weither there is life after death... Now I try not to worry about it as it only gets me down as you can maybe tell from this post.

TheUltimateSacrifice
March 28th, 2010, 10:52 PM
To the contrary; death comforts me...

ILoveDragonite
March 28th, 2010, 10:54 PM
I've come to terms with the fact that we're all going to die. I'm not afraid but i'm not exactly looking forward to it.

To the contrary; death comforts me...
You look pretty un comfortable sacrifice

TheUltimateSacrifice
March 28th, 2010, 11:00 PM
You look pretty un comfortable sacrifice

What impelled you to make that comment?

ILoveDragonite
March 28th, 2010, 11:04 PM
What impelled you to make that comment?
Who knows? Maybe it was a higher power. *snicker*

TheUltimateSacrifice
March 28th, 2010, 11:07 PM
Who knows? Maybe it was a higher power. *snicker*

I was leaning towards an ignorant, and judgmental individual, but to each their own...

ILoveDragonite
March 28th, 2010, 11:14 PM
Being called ignorant by a religious man is like being called racist by a skin head.

And don't even get me started on judgmental.

TheUltimateSacrifice
March 28th, 2010, 11:20 PM
Being called ignorant by a religious man is like being called racist by a skin head.

And don't even get me started on judgmental.

I'm religious? You must have gotten your ESP out of a cereal packet. A non-religious person basing their arguments on assumptions? I have never seen that before!

Can you please generalise more with the ignorant and religious comment. Because it's not like you have already made a complete idiot out of yourself, or anything... "All generalisations are false, including this one."

I laugh hard at the comparison - any veneer will do for you to present your straw man.

Get your facts first, then distort them.

ILoveDragonite
March 28th, 2010, 11:32 PM
I'm religious? You must have gotten your ESP out of a cereal packet. A non-religious person basing their arguments on assumptions? I have never seen that before!

Can you please generalise more with the ignorant and religious comment. Because it's not like you have already made a complete idiot out of yourself, or anything... "All generalisations are false, including this one."

I laugh hard at the comparison - any veneer will do for you to present your straw man.

Get your facts first, then distort them.
Damn it i'm not allowed to post links until i reach 15 post's.
Well anyways! Your right, it was silly of me to assume you were religious when your bio says yor favorite pokemon is jesus christ. I mean that would be implying he is just a pocket monster anyways.

Explain how they are judgmental? Muslim conquest, The french wars of religion. Done.
Explain how they are ignorant? Muslim conquest, The french wars of religion. Done.

Get your facts first, then distort them. < This did make me laugh though.

sgspacemonkey
March 29th, 2010, 07:00 AM
Sometimes I do. I think it's natural for most living things to have an inbuilt fear of death, it's what stops us from doing stupid things that could risk our lives. Best not to think about it though, because you'll get older and you'll regret sitting around worrying about it over just simply getting on with life. Life’s short and I deal with things by keeping busy - admittedly I could be considered a little OCD here as I get very frustrated if I don’t fill my day up.
Anyway's, when people die, they're either gone and don't know any better so it's not as if you'd be aware of it to be upset, or they'd go to an afterlife, in which case you carry on and it's not so bad. Don't know what I believe, no way to know as theres no proof. Just don't think about it, I'll cross that bridge when I come to it.

leonfei
March 29th, 2010, 07:29 AM
When I think about death, it sometimes does scare me. It doesn't nearly as much as it used to now. I've realised now that once death happens, in my opinion, there will be nothing. No feeling, no sound, no sight, so smell etc. So, by the very nature of there being nothing there to feel, I will have no awareness of it. For the record, I am a firm believer in the statement ignorance is bliss. So long as death isn't a drawn out process, and I haven't got time to think "Oh, I'm dying", then I don't believe death will be as bad as people believe. That's just my opinion anyway.

bendrawslife
March 29th, 2010, 10:53 AM
I'm holding out for the possibility of immortality. That would be splendid.

I guess I'm sort of afraid of death, just for the fear of not existing anymore. I don't believe in an afterlife because I don't believe in souls. They make no sense. We are matter and energy (which is pretty incredible as it is).

yahiko
March 29th, 2010, 12:07 PM
death dosent scare mostly becaus i beleve in god and heaven only thing im scared of is dying before gw 2 comes out ><

Slyfy
March 29th, 2010, 12:12 PM
No, it doesn't.

People need to die.

Every story has an ending.

If you lived forever, you'd watch the ones you love die... over and over, and you would end up alone.

I couldn't think of a worse fate.