View Full Version : A lonely song enters the room...

March 17th, 2010, 1:10 PM
Greetings. I am Dimenticato, a new user to the famous forum of Pokecommunity... I'm not exactly the most impressive or popular or "cool" person in the world, but I still hope I can make an impression in the forum, maybe make a few friends, and who knows what else? Perhaps it would be best if I started off with a little self introduction.

I live in rural England with my mother and two brothers, as well as two dogs and a cat. I moved here from Saudi Arabia (Although I'm not Arabian; We'll come to nationalities later) And that's where my involvement with Pokemon began; I got Yellow Version to play on the plane and just as a present for moving away from my father. I've still got in my cupboard at home somewhere, but I don't play it anymore. Just memories.

I chose the username Dimenticato because of it's meaning; It means forgotten. I consider myself to have the qualities to see the world, and the universe clearly. I am talented, smart, reasonable, kind, but I am also unloved, plain, friendless, alone. I see the planes of the world from all points of view; I see the joy of success and the proudness of strengths. I see the hatred of others and the misery of loneliness. I am everything and yet I am nothing. I have the intelligence to work out very complex problems and the agility to succeed in many physical events. But I am alone, truly. I have those who call themselves my friends, but in their eyes I see a flash of impatience, a burning flame of difference along with the friendly glint. This is why I generally keep to myself. Alone even to my friends.

I'm not nasty or unkind, I'm just quiet. I'm different. Alien. People just don't like things that aren't like them, and I'm just don't fit in... Like a puzzle piece out of place. I wonder if there's any slot I'll fit in... Anyway, I'd describe myself as kind, religious, hard-working, docile, quiet, shy, passionate, emotional and empathetic. My... friends... would probably say the same. Those who live around me would call me weird, odd, and many insults which I don't think it's acceptable to say or post anywhere. I live with it. If I didn't, I'd never stop crying.

I don't have life all bad, though. As mentioned, I am reasonably skilled at a fair few things. I'm good at most school subjects, particularly languages, R.S, History, Geography, and English, although I don't have any real weaknesses in that area. I'm good at Martial Arts, tennis, badminton, and many other sports that require good dexterity, agility and co-ordination. However, I'm next to useless in many team games, because I hate the feeling that knowing if I make a mistake and we all lose, it's all my fault, I'll get the blame, etc.

I probably seem whiny and arrogant at the moment. So let's talk about why I'm here; Pokemon. My strategy towards battling is... Unconventional, to say the least. I doubt that I'll ver see, nor have I ever seen, another player like me. I mostly play defensively but with some interesting and unique twists to surprise my foes. Since the avid reader of this paragraph may be a potential opponent, you'll just have to wait and see. I recently fixed my unpredictable Wi-Fi to be permanently reliable, so I shan't have any problems with that, meaning once I get Platinum on track (I got it in anticipation of the European release of Heartgold/Soulsilver) I'll be ready to take on any foes I may happen to face.

Well, I think that's about everything, I'm alwys willing to provide any aid anyone may need of me. Which is rarely, but still, there's a chance for everything. So, that's my somewhat long intro, and that's me just about done. See you around, maybe.

March 17th, 2010, 1:45 PM
Welcome to the forums :) Nice intro, I wish mine was as good!

I totally relate on the keeping to yourself thing by the way. :) And the not fitting in.
Well nobody will judge you on here, Hope you have fun! :)

March 17th, 2010, 1:47 PM
Well Hello! Welcome to PC.

I can see you're an intelligent person. Heh with that wall of an introductory post, I think you'll fit right in. I can say that being too stubborn can be a curse but I think you're probably old enough to know that already. You certainly seem mature. XD

Daeva Okami-Luca
March 17th, 2010, 1:52 PM
Wow! By the amount of your words, word choice, and way of speaking, I can see us getting along. Welcome to PC ^^

March 17th, 2010, 9:24 PM
How'd I let an awesome introduction like that slip by?

...and I don't think you're being stubborn at all. I'm a bit apprehensive towards even my closest of friends sometimes. It's hard trying to explain it to other people, as they just don't seem to understand the feeling, but rest assured, you're not the only one who feels this way. It's just... your personality. Can't argue with it, right? Hey, at least you're good at athletics... I can't even throw a ball without screwing up. XD;

Any who, I won't be one to witness your unique battling-style, but it sounds pretty intriguing. Perhaps you won't give away all your secrets, but I'm sure the guys over in Strategies and Movesets would love to see what you've got.

Welcome to the community, Dimenticato. Do enjoy yourself, and feel free to contact me if you have any questions or just wanna chat.