PDA

View Full Version : If you knew it before they did

Forever
March 17th, 2010, 10:33 PM
If you knew something good was going to happen to a close friend, or just someone you know, would you want to spend more time around them, just be with them leading up to this great moment?

Basically... uh. In other words, imagine that an assistant admin told you that someone was going to be modded, and you were their best friend, would you spend more time with them, wondering what's going through their mind? Could you keep the secret to yourself? etc.

This is hypothetical though, so really... you can base your answer on any situation.

Jesh
March 17th, 2010, 10:34 PM
I'd tell them, haha. I'm terrible at keeping secrets.

Melody
March 18th, 2010, 11:54 AM
I'd keep it a secret, in the modding scenario. I might plan to be there convieniently so I can be the first to congragulate them, but I don't think I'd really prioritize that. Just because I know something good happens doesn't mean I have to be there. For me, I only worry if something bad might happen so yeah, if I knew something good would happen...I wouldn't worry about them like I usually do.

BHwolfgang
March 18th, 2010, 11:58 AM
It really depends on how good the information is. For example, I would not tell my close friend if he or she was going to be promoted. It would totally kill the surprise, happiness, and gloating that would be happening for the next few days. If it's like him or her winning some prize, I might give out a few subtle hints during the day.

I'm good at hiding secrets. It would take a while to crack me down.

emoBill™
March 18th, 2010, 01:27 PM
I'd keep it a secret.
But I'd act really happy and excited, so they'd be like, "...what are you hiding?"
Then when it happened, they'd be all ecstatic.

Amore
March 18th, 2010, 01:53 PM
I'd keep it secret.

For example, if I knew someone was going to be asked out by someone they fancied, I'd stick around, but not say anything.

Honest
March 18th, 2010, 02:10 PM
It really depends on how good the information is. For example, I would not tell my close friend if he or she was going to be promoted. It would totally kill the surprise, happiness, and gloating that would be happening for the next few days. If it's like him or her winning some prize, I might give out a few subtle hints during the day.

I'm good at hiding secrets. It would take a while to crack me down.

Borey... I think your crazy... but great minds think alike! xD

I'm also good at keeping the secrets, because I have so many, I usually forget them until I have to remember them. xD

Lady Gaga
March 18th, 2010, 02:18 PM
^

What Bloodex said. I am great at keeping secrets, most of the time, but people trust me so much that I hear many secrets, and forget them a lot of the time XD

Mattysaurus
March 21st, 2010, 07:20 PM
I don't know. I would probably hang out with them more. Meh. :P

akamichi
March 21st, 2010, 08:34 PM
lolz I would tell them I to have a terrible time keeping secrets.

Kura
March 22nd, 2010, 08:26 PM
In the case of someone being modded or otherwise promoted, no. I'd just see that as sucking up to someone. If I like someone, then I like them. Just because they have a gold star pinned to their jacket doesn't make them a different person so I'd treat them the same way.

If you meant if they only had 10 days to live then perhaps.. although if I love them and am close to them already I usually cherish my time with them anyways so not much would change aside from putting aside stuff that doesn't matter in the long run to spend time with them. I'd shift around my schedules to be with them, obviously. I'd skip class to be with them. (A teacher of mine is actually in that situation and moved back to Japan for a few months to be with someone he cares for.)

Rokusasu
March 23rd, 2010, 04:04 PM
I agree with Kura. I'd be happy for them, and they might question as to why I'm more hyper than usual out of the excitement of knowing something they don't, but I wouldn't change anything about our relationship.

Kishijoten
March 28th, 2010, 11:46 AM
I wouldn't tell them right off the bat. I mean, I might spill out some hints about the whole excitment, but I wouldn't just say it the minute I hear it.