PDA

View Full Version : That offends me! *hissy fit*

Forever
March 18th, 2010, 05:02 AM
Do you hate people who get offended by every little thing? You say one swear word, and they go and flip out about how it's so offensive? The kind of person who is no fun because they feel the need to complain about every little thing? Are you one of them? Do you hate people like that? Do you not care either way?

:)

Gary, the Magic Fairy
March 18th, 2010, 05:04 AM
OMG yes, they are the worst. I seriously would punch them in the face IRL. Luckily I don't hang out with those kind of people. I run into them somewhat often on the internet, unfortunately. :(

Talli
March 18th, 2010, 05:52 AM
oh yes I hate those sort of people..Curtis's brother Cyril is one of those squirrels...

akamichi
March 18th, 2010, 05:59 AM
of course I do someone just says one word like "how are you" and they start flipping out.

Timbjerr
March 18th, 2010, 06:40 AM
One such person was my supervisor at an old job of mine. He was a religious zealot who took offense every time someone cursed around him. Let's just say that I (and a couple of my work buddies) got fired for pushing the poor guy too far. XD

Elite Overlord LeSabre™
March 18th, 2010, 06:49 AM
Welcome to my life in the good 'ol Bible Belt...

Seriously, my parents don't mind if I swear around them every now and then... but the guys I hang out with? Don't even use the D-word around them. And yes, it is annoying that I have to watch every word I say around them.

Anxiety.
March 18th, 2010, 07:51 AM
Mmhm. I'm not very uh... smooth. I say things and forget that other people will see it as offensive because they don't know what I'm like.

But I have met people in real life, who I'll just have a laugh, and they'll have a go at me. It's pisses me off, man.

mystletainn
March 18th, 2010, 09:04 AM
ಠ_ಠ

I see what thou art doing here Nica. Tread carefully. But yes, I agree. I hate when people complain about every little thing. They're the ones that die from stress-related stuff because they're worrying about every little detail. Some people need to just relax.

cyan.
March 18th, 2010, 09:06 AM
Annoys me highly enough. And if I do, they go and 'gossip' about me.

Akari
March 18th, 2010, 09:32 AM
I can't think up an example from the top of my head, but I'm sure I had at least a few of these pedantic moments before. XD; But if I were to encounter a person like that, and if their standards aren't too high, I'd probably try to avoid whatever they took offense to the best I can. No need to cause anymore bad feelings.

*Firestar*
March 18th, 2010, 11:32 AM
I know one of those people in my class. He is so annoying. I swear I could punch him in the face sometimes. And he is so babyish. say one thing he doesn't like, and then you whacked in the face with a pedantic fit. Its stupid. Chillax >.<

BHwolfgang
March 18th, 2010, 11:41 AM
Actually, I do that all the time.

Wait! Before anyone could say anything, I would just like to say that I am just sarcastic about it. Most of my friends do the most stupidest things and I just have to comment about it. Ugh, others always criticize me as well. It's mostly a two-way thing. I don't hate these kind of people, because some of the stuff they complain or criticize about is funny. Ha ha, I guess it's just that I can put up with people?

Melody
March 18th, 2010, 11:45 AM
I hate people like that so much, but I tend to have an evil side who likes to troll people like that o.o
*coughacertainpersoncough* (Take that as you will...)

*coughlucoughkecough*

.Fenris
March 18th, 2010, 03:18 PM
I hate people who can't take teasing or joking, when they know you enough to know otherwise.

Aizuke
March 18th, 2010, 03:53 PM
I believe these people need lives and should stop brown nosing in other people's business.

There's a difference in trying to benefit someone with your opinion and annoying them, just so you know.

The mother who nags is the mother nobody wants.

Dakota
March 18th, 2010, 03:58 PM
YES.

They can get so annoying sometimes. I feel like duffing them in the face. : /

emoBill™
March 18th, 2010, 03:58 PM
Ugh, I hate it when people do that.
I feel like I have to walk on eggshells for them.
*sigh*

Pink Cashmere
March 18th, 2010, 04:33 PM
Oh lawd yes. And what's worse is when they get into, "THIS OFFENDS ME AND YOUR OPINION DOESN'T MATTER AT ALL SO I'M NOT GOING TO LISTEN TO REASON," territory. It's just... ugh..

Mattysaurus
March 18th, 2010, 04:41 PM
People like that annoy me to no end.

It's like you say something not even remotely offensive and they flip out like you called their mother an 'n word'.
Like someone else said, Chillax.

Conan Edogawa
March 18th, 2010, 04:49 PM
Wow, such strong opinions. I agree that it is annoying to be around them, but you shouldn't get riled up by there anal style. Don't let it bother you, it isn't worth your time. So as an answer, yes it is annoying but no I don't let it get to me.

SquirtleGirl
March 19th, 2010, 03:33 AM
My best friend is catholic and she has a real thing about swearing. But if she doesn't want to swear that's fine but she ain't going to stop me :P I swear quite a lot actually but it doesnt bother me.
But when you live in Ireland, like me, if you "take the Lord's name in vain" around certain people, they jump down your throat even though they have never been to church in their lives. Which confuses me an awful lot :P
In general, that does annoy me. If you speak the tiniest bit of truth to someone they take it all personally. I mean, everyone does but the way some overreact is like, wow. O.O