PDA

View Full Version : Question: Groups

iRawr
March 18th, 2010, 10:07 AM
Hey peeps,

I have a question, when i join a group at the top left corner there's a message saying "debug: group_view_discussion_start loc: ???" is this just the skin I am using? (The Johto ellite)?

Thanks for your time ;)

Melody
March 18th, 2010, 10:45 AM
yeah...I think the skin is still in beta phases. I don't understand how you have access to that skin but the theme is somewhat unfinished.

I'm seeing two other skins that I probably shouldn't be able to see either, Temp Master and UNTOUCHED vBulletin 3.8.5 so I'm thinking that there are some problems with the permissions for the skins...

I just loaded up The Johto Elite [betafish] skin and I'm seeing the same problem no matter where in the Social Groups system you are. Probably someone left a line of debugging code in, it's pretty fixable, we just gotta wait for the admin who is working on that theme to fix it

Cherrim
March 18th, 2010, 10:53 AM
I think that's just an issue we have with groups. I think I see that message sometimes regardless of the theme I'm using. :s

@Pachy: Those themes you're seeing are, I'm pretty sure, test themes we put up overnight because posts and VMs weren't working after an upgrade. I know the "Temp Master" one was used for that purpose and just never deleted afterwards, at least.

Melody
March 18th, 2010, 10:58 AM
Hmm...That explains last night's downtime that some users mentioned in some places. I think the upgrade borked a few things D8

Also Erica, you might try to get steve to put a 1 second flood wait on the admin group so those double posts don't happen. ;3

iRawr
March 18th, 2010, 11:26 AM
Oh right thanks for the info...
Thought it was just me who it was happening to ;)
Also Lightning you double posted x3

Melody
March 18th, 2010, 11:28 AM
...yeah that happens. It's a posting glitch. Sometimes when you type a post it gets sent twice, and members have restrictions on them so that it doesn't happen to everyone but the code ignores admins because they're like...awesome like that. >D

Shakespeare
March 18th, 2010, 11:36 AM
It's a glitch. You need to remember the fact that The Johto Elite skin is still in Beta testing, despite being opened to the public. Expect it to be fixed soon.

Ausaudriel
March 18th, 2010, 01:25 PM
Oh, it's not anything to do with skins. XD; That's there from when we were making some changes to the way social groups worked, I got sidetracked by real life and never finished. v_v;

I'll go disable that message now.

Cherrim
March 18th, 2010, 01:49 PM
Hmm...That explains last night's downtime that some users mentioned in some places. I think the upgrade borked a few things D8

Also Erica, you might try to get steve to put a 1 second flood wait on the admin group so those double posts don't happen. ;3
lmao I even noticed that one right after I posted it but as I went to delete it, my university's internet dropped entirely for the rest of my class and couldn't, fml. XD;

Melody
March 18th, 2010, 01:55 PM
Bahahah. That's totally an FML moment. \o/