PDA

View Full Version : Glitches, Glitches, and MORE Glitches....

NikoBelic999
March 18th, 2010, 05:54 PM
Well I use AR and Gameshark alot, yessss I know, but they always say you cant see missingno in FR/LG/R/S/E, well I did, Sometimes it takes 10 cheats, but after all you do, save what you have done and come back, and most likely you will have one....

My friend is a MAJOR pokemon addict, he told me, and I HAVE SEEN IT!

I have seen it in D/P/P, and it even shut down my DS, so I know alot about glitching, I have had at least 30 bad eggs, Ive had seen about 100 missingno.

Well yesterday, I was playing Emerald, going up a route, still using my GameShark, and guess what I saw? Missingno. Well DUH, my game froze, and I was madder than H***....

Post Some Glitches here, about any game, mew, missingno, etc.!

Ninja Caterpie
March 18th, 2010, 10:42 PM
The only thing that's MissingNo. is the glitched Pokemon called MissingNo. on Pokemon Red/Blue that had a glitchy L-shaped block sprite.

Nothing else is Missingno, it's just another glitch.

NikoBelic999
March 19th, 2010, 03:40 AM
There is about 7 different glitches like that. Bad egg, DPBox, M., etc.

Team Fail
March 19th, 2010, 05:12 AM
Well, I've played ruby for 350+ hours, I do know some glitches:

-Aroma Lady Rose can see you and walk over a ledge
-You have the chance of seeing your reflection on rock

These I did without codes. :)

Alpha_Spike
March 19th, 2010, 06:05 AM
MissingNo. can't appear in any game except Red, Blue, Yellow. This reason is because it was a generation 1 programming over look. Here read: http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Missingno

NikoBelic999
March 19th, 2010, 07:24 AM
MissingNo. can't appear in any game except Red, Blue, Yellow. This reason is because it was a generation 1 programming over look. Here read: http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Missingno
lemme fix this for you, there is a missingno!

http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/thumb/3/31/FireRed-MissingNo-Summary.png/208px-FireRed-MissingNo-Summary.png

that is for firered, the icon with the ? is the same for all R/S/E/FR/LG

so that everybody that says there isnt any missingno in these games^, I have proved them wrong.

rizyq
March 19th, 2010, 08:07 AM

http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/thumb/3/31/FireRed-MissingNo-Summary.png/208px-FireRed-MissingNo-Summary.png

so that everybody that says there isnt any missingno in these games^, I have proved them wrong.

That's not MissingNo. it's just "?????" or whatever. It's a different glitch, MissingNo is the pokemon "MissingNo" in R/B, this is a different glitch, whatever it may be called...

On another note, I actually saw "???????" in a game, I didn't use any cheats/AR codes... I caught it, and when it went to the Pokedex screen, my game froze.

Ninja Caterpie
March 19th, 2010, 01:31 PM

Is it called Missingno.?

Nope.

I just proved you wrong, pal.

NikoBelic999
March 19th, 2010, 01:34 PM
Hmmmm...Maybe its just me...I hate the ?'s, they filled my Pokedex up with them....I had to start over.

I played silver and glitched it up!

akamichi
March 19th, 2010, 07:59 PM
mmmm ive seen missing no quite a few times once in yellow version where I surfed across the edge on cinnabar island and after 5+ hours or so i found one thing is it was all glitchy and at was varied levels ex:83,95,100 anyways also it had 2 waterguns and a sky attack for attacks strange I know but ifyou catch them they cause it to glitch up and destroys ur game i stupidly caught 6 and it messed my game up bad =/ anyway in diamond/pearl missing.no appears as a square plus its shiny and its floating so if you throw any type of pokeball it will miss but sometimes if you throw it it will be caught and it says "give a nickname 2 the caught -------" yep no name and its number 00 in the pokedex it also appears in as a ? with a circle sometimes. In yellow version when you do send out missing.no it will faint or hp drops strange stuff happend to it =/. If you look @ its contents its sounds exactly lik a rydon.

TheRichar
March 20th, 2010, 06:28 AM
Wow, sorry that I ask this but, what is a bad egg XD? Well I've seen only 1 missingo in all my life and it was in yellow, I caught it and it glithed all my game up! :/ I had to start all over again T.T XD

akamichi
March 20th, 2010, 06:40 AM
Wow, sorry that I ask this but, what is a mad egg XD? Well I've seen only 1 missingo in all my life and it was in yellow, I caught it and it glithed all my game up! :/ I had to start all over again T.T XD

you mean a bad egg well its a egg well duh its bad and it takes forever to hatch like a endless amount of steps ive watched on utube if ur using an AR you can hatch it then it will be a ? yep then you can't release it its stuck in ur party or pc =/ yes its sad

NikoBelic999
March 20th, 2010, 06:42 AM
Wow, sorry that I ask this but, what is a mad egg XD? Well I've seen only 1 missingo in all my life and it was in yellow, I caught it and it glithed all my game up! :/ I had to start all over again T.T XD
BAD egg you mean, and anyways its something you get from cheating so much....

akamichi
March 20th, 2010, 06:50 AM
BAD egg you mean, and anyways its something you get from cheating so much....

NikoBelic ummm ? how or why was the missing no. created? Was it designed in a glitch program or a virus plus what about the bad egg was that also a program that nintendo sent out or just a random thing?

TheRichar
March 20th, 2010, 06:53 AM
That sounds sad :/, thanks god I dont like eggs XD thanks for pointing that guiz :)

rizyq
March 22nd, 2010, 11:56 AM
I read that a Bad EGG (that's how it's spelled, with caps on "EGG")

It happens when there's a corruption of data (cheating, I guess is an example, or glitching) and the checksum doesn't match up with the data.
I think it basically means that there was some error, and data (I can't think of any examples) doesn't match up with what it's supposed to be.

Heart's Soul
March 22nd, 2010, 02:36 PM
Learn what Missingno. is and come back to us- here's a little help.

http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=120

What you saw is NOT Missingno., it's a 99.997% chance of abusing Gameshark.

LolcakesxD
April 2nd, 2010, 09:19 AM
I saw a MissingNo on my diamond while cheating, lol.

xGGxToiZ
April 24th, 2010, 05:48 AM
I think the "Missingno" that you see in R/S/E/FR/LG are the big blocky ??, right?

It's cry is like Unown's , only knows tackle, can't learn anything else and it has no pokédex data that's why it freezes sometimes. (But it has incredible ATK IV's)

It seems you're using gameshark a little bit too much :P

Alpha_Spike
May 5th, 2010, 11:20 PM
I saw a MissingNo on my diamond while cheating, lol.
Again: MissingNo is ONLY in generation ONE. This means that no matter what you can't obtain it by cheating in any games except Red, Blue, Yellow, or Japanese Green.

dooxer
May 9th, 2010, 07:34 AM
I think the "Missingno" that you see in R/S/E/FR/LG are the big blocky ??, right?

It's cry is like Unown's , only knows tackle, can't learn anything else and it has no pokédex data that's why it freezes sometimes. (But it has incredible ATK IV's)

It seems you're using gameshark a little bit too much :P

you cant mean the first gen missigno, can u?

all i remember is either lvl1,3,4,80,98,100,148,456 blocky thing with sky attack and two water guns... in pkm red, anyway.
The best part of the glitch was not him however, it was the level100 mewto's and magnetons that preluded its arrival. I had a friend that kep finding lvl100 blastoises instead.
And, of course, how the sixth item would suddenly be a value of above 100. masterballs and rare candies were never a problem afterwards lol

If none of those are happening, it cannot be the MissingNo of the past.

Heart's Soul
May 9th, 2010, 12:54 PM
you cant mean the first gen missigno, can u?

all i remember is either lvl1,3,4,80,98,100,148,456 blocky thing with sky attack and two water guns... in pkm red, anyway.
The best part of the glitch was not him however, it was the level100 mewto's and magnetons that preluded its arrival. I had a friend that kep finding lvl100 blastoises instead.
And, of course, how the sixth item would suddenly be a value of above 100. masterballs and rare candies were never a problem afterwards lol

If none of those are happening, it cannot be the MissingNo of the past.

Impossible for level 456, as it maxes out at hex FF in RGBY, known as 255. He also stated that it was in RSEFRLG, meaning it was not MissingNO..

Bela
May 9th, 2010, 05:30 PM
This isn't so much a glitch as it is a tile error, but...

In Fire Red/Leaf Green, there exists a tile error with one of the rocks in Cerulean Cave:

http://i44.tinypic.com/jpufs3.png

Heart's Soul
May 10th, 2010, 09:19 AM
And nobody noticed it until you did. :D

mystic_flygon
May 24th, 2010, 08:17 PM
Who says that missingno. is only available at R/B/Y. Well, they are wrong. My FR has a missingno. for I don't know, for 5 months still no abnormalities in the game. Oh yeah, my missingno. used a move that made all 7 weather conditions present. Awkward. Yesterday, I finally done the Celebi Egg Trick. Try and do that, wait, it also has a pokerus haha.

Heart's Soul
May 25th, 2010, 05:17 AM
Who says that missingno. is only available at R/B/Y. Well, they are wrong. My FR has a missingno. for I don't know, for 5 months still no abnormalities in the game. Oh yeah, my missingno. used a move that made all 7 weather conditions present. Awkward. Yesterday, I finally done the Celebi Egg Trick. Try and do that, wait, it also has a pokerus haha.

Is it called Missingno.? No. Why? Because it DOES NOT EXIST in all 65,536 available positions. We have a higher chance of seeing a hybrid in DPPt than a Missingno.

I really wanted to swear, PLEASE lock this topic.

inuside21
May 25th, 2010, 06:50 PM
and then, what you called about "?" in black and white circle pokemon appeared while i'm travelling at victory road of emerald? whew, struggle type? i dont cheat, i was playing my all pokemon at gba.

007manyo
May 29th, 2010, 03:15 PM
in the victory road on R/S, there is a Tiling Glitch next to the second waterfall.

Jerme
May 29th, 2010, 03:24 PM
why dont you just accept the glitch pokemon being called missingo, since thats what everyone just calls them. no need to swear at your computer over it.

Heart's Soul
May 29th, 2010, 05:17 PM
why dont you just accept the glitch pokemon being called missingo, since thats what everyone just calls them. no need to swear at your computer over it.

Perfect! Let's call it Missingo because it's different than MissingNO.. Learn the difference. MissingNO. was a known error and had unknown consequences. ?????????? was a known error that was programmed to destroy your game from cheating.

Jerme
May 30th, 2010, 10:11 AM
i know that. i mean everyone calls the glitch pokemon Missingno, it just catched on..its like how people call all central americans mexicans (bad example)

Nikorasu
June 4th, 2010, 03:14 AM
Theres a whole reason why missingno. can only be seen on R/B/Y you should research it sometime.

Heart's Soul
June 4th, 2010, 02:45 PM
^ This person is one I can agree. MissingNO. is only on RGB (and to some extent, Yellow) and no other game. ?????????? is just that.

Jerme
June 5th, 2010, 08:43 AM
i know that too...but it's just that people tend to call all glitch pokemon missingno...idk but i guess it just caught on

Heart's Soul
June 5th, 2010, 02:53 PM
I've seen 'M get called MissingNO. many times over. Luckily, . 4 is not an example of this.