PDA

View Full Version : Do you like Marmite?

Bluerang1
March 19th, 2010, 04:21 PM
Just wondering. I haven't tasted it, only smelt it and decided to back-off straight away lol. How about you? Do you like it? And why?

THIS: http://www.irishtimes.com/blogs/pricewatch/files/marmite.gif

Ah, so you know it as Vegemite, that sounds even worse!

A Pixy
March 19th, 2010, 04:23 PM
I've never heard of it, thus, I've never tasted it.

Tree_x
March 19th, 2010, 04:29 PM
its like they say love it our hate it :O and i most definitely hate it is not for me X~X

Magic
March 19th, 2010, 04:43 PM
Love it! Marmite on toast mmmmm...

Leo7507
March 19th, 2010, 05:57 PM
I think he means Vegemite.. do you? Well, I love Vegemite on toast.. :D (I have it every day before school)

Doodle~Pichu
March 19th, 2010, 05:59 PM
I have never heard of this product before. o3o

Anti-Hero
March 19th, 2010, 06:00 PM
Never had, probably never will. I might like it, but if it smells as bad OP made it out to be, then I won't like it.

emoBill™
March 19th, 2010, 10:55 PM
Marmite...but Pa might not.
[/Impossible Quiz]

Anyway. I've never had it. But it sounds yucky.
"Yeast extract"? D:

Ninja Caterpie
March 19th, 2010, 10:56 PM
Looks like some cheap knock-off of Vegemite.

I don't particularly care which one came first, either. xD

Tree_x
March 19th, 2010, 10:56 PM
it is yucky totally a acquired taste British people came up with it and they can keep as far as i am concerned

Throat
March 20th, 2010, 02:41 AM
All I can say is that the packing is funny, I've never seen it before. There's "100% vegetarian", therefore I wouldn't like it.

Droidz
March 20th, 2010, 04:55 AM
I've had vegemite before but not marmite it looks really weird.

Alexithymia~
March 20th, 2010, 05:03 AM
Vegemite and Marmite are two different products. They are similar, but not the same.

Marmite > Vegemite

I've tried both and Vegemite makes me want to throw up.
Marmite, however, is just win. I always have Marmite on my toast. <3

FreakyLocz14
March 20th, 2010, 05:06 AM
I've never tried Marmite nor Vegemite.
I'll try one which of the two do y'all suggest?

Cheesymitten
March 20th, 2010, 05:17 AM
Marmite is amazing.
If you don't like it then..
That's just bad.
It really is amazing =D

Talli
March 20th, 2010, 05:19 AM
can't eat the stuff I have an alergy to it..

Forever
March 20th, 2010, 05:24 AM
I haven't tried marmite, but... I LOVE VEGEMITE. :) I used to be obsessed with it in 2006... many people on PC would've noticed. XD;

Sora's Nobody
March 20th, 2010, 05:25 AM
Looks like some cheap knock-off of Vegemite.

I don't particularly care which one came first, either. xD Actually Vegemite is a cheap knock-off of marmite.

Wikipedia Quote: In 1919, prior to the introduction of Vegemite, Sanitarium Health Food Company (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sanitarium_Health_Food_Company) began manufacturing a version of Vegemite's biggest competitor Marmite (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marmite), in New Zealand (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_Zealand), and shipping it to Australia. Vegemite was invented in 1922

I Absolutely love Marmite! ♥♥♥♥

@Leo7507: Vegemite is australian and Marmite is English. So no He meant Marmite!

Bluerang1
March 20th, 2010, 05:26 AM
Wow, I'm amazed at those who like it, really am. Go you guys! And go us who detest it! :D

Jorah
March 20th, 2010, 05:51 AM
I like it on toast, but not in sandwiches XD

Cassino
March 20th, 2010, 02:08 PM
The product in general is actually called yeast extract. I prefer beef extract myself but I'm not particularly partial to either. The only thing really good about it is how long it keeps.

Tree_x
March 20th, 2010, 02:12 PM
Beef Extract? :o now that is something i could get into !

Aureol
March 21st, 2010, 12:57 AM
Marmite is revolting. When I lived in Ireland, my mom bought it ALL the time... it is truly a horrific substance.

Feign
March 21st, 2010, 01:03 AM
I'm a super taster (a person with more taste buds than what others might have, of which only 25% of humanity has, or 33% can't remember), needless to say, I love vegemite. (booo marmite boo!)

And yes, if you can notice, mostly Brits and Aussies were attracted to this thread for obvious reasons. XD

(it's just not a popular product here in north america)

Chibi-chan
March 21st, 2010, 09:48 AM
...I have no clue what either is.
Is it like jam, butter, or molasses?

robobbiebob
March 21st, 2010, 02:44 PM
I got free samples when i was young i tried a little and hated it!
so now i really believe you can only love it or hate it. :P

Bluerang1
March 21st, 2010, 03:23 PM
The product in general is actually called yeast extract. I prefer beef extract myself but I'm not particularly partial to either. The only thing really good about it is how long it keeps.

Beef extract, sounds nice. But since Marmite has the word extract, I think I'll be put off beef extract as well. Extract doesn't sound nice.

zappyspiker
March 22nd, 2010, 12:02 AM
I tasted both Vegemite and marmite when I was younger thinking it was chocolate and cause it was so salty I hated it. I stick to nuttella lol

The Cynic
April 1st, 2010, 10:25 AM
Urg, No! It tastes like Chris Hoy's underwear after he won the gold medal at the 2008 Olympics (I know what they taste like because I disguised myself as a Koala and snuck in to his changing room, ninja style!).

Galukxy
April 1st, 2010, 10:40 AM
ugh, can't stand the stuff, sorry it just tastes so vile it makes me cringe thinking about it. my friend had it in her sandwhiches with cheese >_>

Sneeze
April 1st, 2010, 02:47 PM
Nasty stuff, can't stand it.

Cassino
April 1st, 2010, 04:39 PM
...I have no clue what either is.
Is it like jam, butter, or molasses?
Yeah, but the exact taste of yeast extract is unique. Beef extract tastes much like gravy or a beef stock cube.

Beef extract, sounds nice. But since Marmite has the word extract, I think I'll be put off beef extract as well. Extract doesn't sound nice.
Then I hope it won't be off-putting to know that cola is "vegetable extract with sugar and sweetners", to quote a Coke bottle. :) Oh and most every food I've read the ingredients of ever contains paprika extract. It's not really a bad thing, even if it sounds... harmful.

Mattysaurus
April 2nd, 2010, 03:27 PM
Didn't know it even existed, so I haven't tried it.

It looks like molasses. >_____________>

Ninja Caterpie
April 2nd, 2010, 05:43 PM
Actually Vegemite is a cheap knock-off of marmite.

Wikipedia Quote: In 1919, prior to the introduction of Vegemite, Sanitarium Health Food Company (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sanitarium_Health_Food_Company) began manufacturing a version of Vegemite's biggest competitor Marmite (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marmite), in New Zealand (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_Zealand), and shipping it to Australia. Vegemite was invented in 1922

Yeah, I know. That's why I added the last line. =D

TheUltimateSacrifice
April 2nd, 2010, 06:54 PM
Vegemite and Marmite are two different products. I have never tasted Marmite, but I eat Vegemite on a daily basis, and it is exquisite.

Cassino
April 3rd, 2010, 08:42 AM
Vegemite and Marmite are two different products.
Might taste a little different due to varying recipes, but they're ultimately just the same thing with different names, like Pepsi and Coke. Also compare French and English mustard.

But if what you mean by different products is indeed such differences, feel free to disregard my statements.

Danick
April 3rd, 2010, 03:25 PM
marmite....I don't know what that is.

Sneeze
April 4th, 2010, 02:43 AM
Might taste a little different due to varying recipes, but they're ultimately just the same thing with different names, like Pepsi and Coke. Also compare French and English mustard.

But if what you mean by different products is indeed such differences, feel free to disregard my statements.

Pepsi and Coke taste very different imo. :o

Triscuits
April 4th, 2010, 04:26 AM
The name sounds unpleasing.
Marmite? Like termite? I don't know, any food that ends in mite I probably wont eat.

Katie_Q
April 4th, 2010, 04:32 AM
you mean vegemite!? It's great with my toast. But if I eat it straight, or to much of it, it burns my mouth. I'm guessing to most people it'd taste gross, unless like me you grew up eating it. The cheesy bite (vegemite and cream cheese) is good too.

Never tried marmite before though. i'd probably like it.

Hmmm... now I might go have some vegemite

Gold warehouse
April 4th, 2010, 05:53 AM
I like it, but I don't ever eat it because it's not that great and I prefer to eat other things with my toast. Not that I eat toast that often anyway.