PDA

View Full Version : <3

Forever
March 20th, 2010, 05:29 AM
Do you feel happy when people use "<3"? Actually, how do you feel overall when people use it? What's your reaction to it? :D

AS YOU KNOW IT'S SUPPOSED TO EXPRESS LUV. And hearts. And stuff.

Zet
March 20th, 2010, 05:29 AM
It makes me feel good to receive a "<3"

Signomi
March 20th, 2010, 05:32 AM
To get a heart glyph? It does make me feel pretty good when it's coming from somebody I really care about.

Cheesymitten
March 20th, 2010, 05:36 AM
I like it if someone I like uses it.
However I don't like it if they do </3 that it doesn't really mean anything >.>

Galukxy
March 20th, 2010, 05:43 AM
It well, when I see my pair use it to me I feel tingly ^^" but well it's nice seeing it.

Alexithymia~
March 20th, 2010, 06:48 AM
I love it when people use "<3". If they're important people, it really means a lot. :3

I use it quite a lot, but not flippantly. Only to people that actually deserve it. xD'

BHwolfgang
March 20th, 2010, 06:55 AM
If the person I'm talking to deserves it, he or she will probably get a heart glyph.

I also add them to my posts whenever I feel like showing affection or love towards something.

TrinityLimit
March 20th, 2010, 07:13 AM
i feel happy, so i return a <3 back to the person i received it from :3

Ambellina
March 20th, 2010, 07:18 AM
I think it's cute when people use it :3 I don't mind recieveing one XD

Blue_Drifblim
March 20th, 2010, 09:32 AM
I... really don't mind. Actually, I don't think I've ever used a "<3".

Esper
March 20th, 2010, 09:57 AM
<3 is the poor man's ♥ or ♡ and it looks like part of a math equation.

I can't say I've never used it though, and I suppose it's better than no heart at all.

NikoBelic999
March 20th, 2010, 10:13 AM
<3 is the poor man's ♥ or ♡ and it looks like part of a math equation.

I can't say I've never used it though, and I suppose it's better than no heart at all.
I agree with scarf!

so GET A JOB! XD just joking...

Morning Sun Espeon
March 20th, 2010, 10:20 AM
Actually, I like using the HTML codes. They look a lot better

Jordan
March 20th, 2010, 11:16 AM
I think it's pretty cute. However, I'm more partial to using (and receiving) the ♥ even if it takes me three more seconds to type on a laptop keyboard.

emoBill™
March 20th, 2010, 11:31 AM
♥ is better than <3. All the way. I'd rather get a ♥.
Call me shallow, but I like ♥ better because it takes more time to type.
Therefore, people are exerting more effort to show me that they ♥ me.
...plus with some fonts, <3 just looks awful.
♥ is pretty in any font.

Honest
March 20th, 2010, 11:50 AM
Unless it's from one of my gay I mean, annoying friends, I usually like them. Gives me that weird feeling. xD And I only give '<3' to people I truly love. : )

Cherrim
March 20th, 2010, 12:49 PM
Omg embarrassing story time!

I used to think that was like a really happy cat. 'Cause you know the "evil cat" smilie? (>:3) It's sometimes shortened to >3. So when I first saw <3, I thought it was just the opposite, lmao. ;_;' It took me a really long time to realize it was supposed to be a heart turned sideways. Luckily the context I always saw/used the smilie in was exactly the same as a heart but... still. XD;

Anyway, I don't use it much. Usually only on MSN when I can't do the alt code for ♥, which is the superior heart.

Dawson
March 20th, 2010, 01:39 PM
Omg embarrassing story time!

I used to think that was like a really happy cat. 'Cause you know the "evil cat" smilie? (>:3) It's sometimes shortened to >3. So when I first saw <3, I thought it was just the opposite, lmao. ;_;' It took me a really long time to realize it was supposed to be a heart turned sideways. Luckily the context I always saw/used the smilie in was exactly the same as a heart but... still. XD;

Anyway, I don't use it much. Usually only on MSN when I can't do the alt code for ♥, which is the superior heart.

I used to think it was a double scoop ice cream cone.

And I used to think FTW was just WTF backwards. Not really sure why.

Tater Tot
March 20th, 2010, 01:55 PM
I feel relieved, because then I know I'm not completely annoying them. o3o

Mattysaurus
March 20th, 2010, 02:02 PM
I love to receive '<3'.
It makes me feel, well, LOVED.

And I give it to only special people. :3

Sammi
March 20th, 2010, 04:01 PM
I get a little happy, seeing it. It certainly is a very cute smilie. However I don't get it very often, so I suck I guess. :( And I almost always associate it with my sister, who does use it often. In fact I'm pretty sure she's the only one that ever sends a <3 to me. Suddenly I feel unloved. ;___;</3

A old teacher of my sister's once thought it was a butt...

Jesus oƒ Suburbia
March 20th, 2010, 04:11 PM
It's just like another emoticon.
Using it prevents the other person from looking like an ass.
Unless the 3 is recurring.

♡ Thanks for that by the way.
Looks better.

s0nido
March 20th, 2010, 04:26 PM
I kinda got desensitised to it. XD; I use it all the time, though, to show that I appreciate what someone has done for me, and to not let someone's good deeds go unrewarded~

Melody
March 20th, 2010, 04:52 PM
It vastly depends on who it's from, and on the context it's used in.

From my pair, in most contexts, it tends to put me in a good mood. :3

From anyone else, directed at me, it's interpreted as appreciation

Behind a sentence implies it is directed at the subject. This is true when I use it in posts as well as when I read it. I try to keep a hearted sentence separate from the others so the context is clear.

I love using it myself, and if I am feeling particularly affectionate I tend to use it more so. I tend to get that way anytime I get back from being away from PC for an extended period. X3

Ninja Caterpie
March 20th, 2010, 05:09 PM
I pretty much only use it with my (RL) pair, so yeah. =|

Ayselipera
March 20th, 2010, 05:10 PM
I use them all the time. Usually in a sarcastic manner though, if that makes any sense to you.