PDA

View Full Version : BE MY FRIEND?!

TrinityLimit
March 20th, 2010, 07:20 AM
so the question is, (or should i say are)

Do you add people as friends on PC?
Are you afraid of rejection?
Do you like receiving friend requests?
When you add them as a friend and they accept, do you keep in contact with them?(saying hi, vm'ing a bit, ect.)

For me, yes i add people on here. even if i have a tiny conversation with a person, i just add them to be friendly i guess... its a habit o_o
No, Im not afraid of being denyed. if they don't want to be my friend, thats fine with me ^^.
I try to stay in contact, but i usually fail at doing so -.-
I LOVE friend requests. and im not trying to be popular xD. it just shows me that people are actually interested in talking to me o_o

Ambellina
March 20th, 2010, 07:22 AM
I like making friends here. ^^ it's nice to have people to talk to. It makes the forum come together better. I don't send out may requests but I do recieve a ton. I don't mind :3

Galukxy
March 20th, 2010, 07:27 AM
sometimes, depends in what type of mood i'm in, I just ussually wait till some one adds me :P
No, not really, it's not a big deal
Yah :3 I do I love friend request, I like talking and getting to know people better and be friends with them.
When you add them as a friend and they accept, do you keep in contact with them?
Yup, try to depends if their online or not

BHwolfgang
March 20th, 2010, 07:33 AM
Everyone is afraid to talk to me. ;; Sometimes, I lurk around without a single Visitor Message

Well, I'm now more cautious of who should be in my friends list. It was getting way overcrowded and I had to kick some people out. Sure, it would be cute to get many friend request, but would one really stay in touch with all of them? That seems like it would take a lot of work to do.

After getting to know someone here well, I would usually add him or her. On a blue moon, he or she would add me instead. However, if you are in my friends list, then I would totally try to keep in touch with you. It's my way of saying that you truely mean to me and I miss talking to you. <3

Mattysaurus
March 20th, 2010, 08:19 AM
I only add people I am familiar with.

Except certain people.

Toshiro.
March 20th, 2010, 08:20 AM
I don't accept random friend requests. But if someone leaves me a VM and we have a convo, I'll eventually accept.
Not really.
Yeah :]
When you add them as a friend and they accept, do you keep in contact with them?
Yup, I try to keep in contact with them all.

Cherrim
March 20th, 2010, 08:38 AM
I used to add everyone who added me but then found my friend list was getting way too big for my tastes (I think I was near 200 x_X) so I trimmed it down to only people I actually consider friends--or at the very least, friendly acquaintances. I won't add anyone who adds me without speaking to me first and even if they have, I prefer to have fandoms or something in common so that we'll *continue* speaking to each other, haha.

I rarely request friendship, too. :x I usually let people come to me for that, haha.

Jordan
March 20th, 2010, 08:43 AM
I'm not too popular around here, so I don't worry about friend requests much. It's just an easier way of accessing acquaintance's profiles for me most of the time. I talk quite a bit to many who aren't on my friends list, and not so often with a few who are (mostly due to their levels of activity).

I don't often send friend requests since most come to me before I get to them, hehe. If I've talked to someone even just once for a short bit, or I find that I have something in common with them, I'm usually not shy about accepting their requests.

King Goodra
March 20th, 2010, 08:55 AM
I used to hate it when people I didn't know added me to their friends list. I didn't know what purpose it would serve of them having me there. Whether it was just because of my ranking, they wanted to seem just a little more popular, or they had a general interest in becoming friends with me... or at least get to know me. Most of the time, I would have declined the friendship and apologize to them, telling them that I don't add people I don't know.

Since then, I've changed my opinion of random friend requests. As long as someone actually talks to me after a week or so from adding me, I don't have a problem with it at all. If they don't, the worst that happens is that I just remove them from my friends list. But overall, I like it when random people add me. So long as they do it because they feel that they want to get to know me and perhaps become friends with me. I don't normally add friends. I've added about four or so in the past six or so months. Then again, I didn't talk to anyone new until just recently.

I am afraid of rejection, but not when it comes to befriending someone on a forum. That just seems like a silly fear to have seeing as how, chances are, you aren't going to meet them or get to know them anyway. There are few friends I've found that actually met each other offline.

Honest
March 20th, 2010, 11:59 AM
Yup, but only if I know them. :P

When I joined here oh so long ago, yes. Nowadays, though, I hardly care/realize

From absolute strangers? NO. It gets so annoying

When you add them as a friend and they accept, do you keep in contact with them?(saying hi, vm'ing a bit, ect.)
I try. I know of a few I have to get back in contact with. Pachy, if your reading this, gimma a VM, cause I most likely forgot. xD

Jesus oƒ Suburbia
March 20th, 2010, 12:07 PM

I've never sent a single friend request that I can remember..

Don't know how it feels like.
Since I've never sent one..

Why yes, yes I do.
It makes me feel good.

I try.
I seriously do.

AtomicoExploda
March 20th, 2010, 12:26 PM
Well, back when I joined, I did. I don't really do it much now though, but maybe just the random person that I've seen around and if they say that they don't mind it on their profile, or if I've talked to someone for a while.

No, there's no point to be afraid of it.

Yes, there's not much to say about it though. But there is one thing I hate about it when I accept. If they un-add me, I kind of hold a grudge then because I wander why did they add me.

Well, I used to try more than I did now, because keeping in contact with some people didn't last long, and I'm pretty slow with replying now, a bit busy I guess, but then again I post here every so often, so I don't really know why, lazy I guess, but I do reply, always.

Cassino
March 20th, 2010, 02:18 PM
No.

No.

Not if they're random.

No; I'm socially receptive, which is to say will usually only talk when spoken to.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™
March 20th, 2010, 02:27 PM
Sometimes I do, mostly new members.

No.

Yes, and I accept most that come my way.

There are some that I do and some that I don't. I've added several friends who have accepted, then stopped coming on PC a week later...
Sometimes it's hard coming up with stuff to talk about, lol.

Ayselipera
March 20th, 2010, 05:13 PM
If someone sends me a friend request then I always add them. I figure it can't hurt. I myself have never sent out a friend request though. It's not because I'm afraid of rejection it's just that I'm never sure if I should or not, so I just wait for them to do it. I love receiving friend requests! :D

Melody
March 20th, 2010, 05:26 PM
Yes, if they took the time to at least VM/PM me once and they send their request after.
No. I do tend to try to contact people I get a good sense of and find myself beliving they'd be a decent friend, it simply depends. When I do approach a person, it is mainly because I observed them and found them to be trustworthy and kind enough.
Yes, only if someone PM/VM'ed me at least once. Best time to do it is right after we've held a decent conversation via PM/VM if you wait too long and let the PM/VM vanish off the page, I might be like "WHO ARE YOU?" because yeah....I don't remember people I've spoken to only once.

Not always. While I do try to VM friends occasionally, I'm not always talkative. It actually grinds my gears when people delete me for not keeping in touch regularly. I only delete people from my list if they've been gone longer than say, 3 or 4 months. (and they can be added back if they want to be if they come back)

Sammi
March 20th, 2010, 05:40 PM
I don't usually send out requests; I think I might've done it once or twice, tops, to people I'm reaaaaaally close to. If I know someone and aren't 'friends' with them, it's not a big deal.

I tend to be the person that waits for people to friend me, and accepts everyone that adds me, because honestly it's a list on the sidebar/profile, I couldn't care less about it in the long run. It's why I can't be bothered to prune the list at all. I only refused one person, and it was completely stupid of me. I am less than admirable sometimes. :(

And for the people that add me, I'd say that over half of them, I don't talk to. Like I said, list on the sidebar/profile, don't really care.

Caelus
March 20th, 2010, 05:50 PM
I used to, but now I barely do it.

Sometimes.

If I have at least seen them around before I don't really mind. I tend to accept them all anyway.

If they added me but haven't said anything, I might, but I usually let them contact me first.

Ineffable~
March 20th, 2010, 05:50 PM
I enjoy receiving friend requests...but when they're random I'm like "omg now I have to deny it and then add you to my contacts because I don't want you on my friends list yet. It would be easier if you hadn't requested me. :<" I guess I'm just lazy like that.
If someone's not talking to me then I usually delete them from my friends list but keep them in my contacts so they can ask me about it if they want...but if they don't end up doing that, I shall remove them from my contacts as well eventually. :( I don't usually take kindly to people just consistently not answering my visitor messages...it sort of bothers me. ;;
I sort of take this out in pieces too...I'll go in my contacts list like once every few weeks and clear out people I don't talk to and add some contacts to my friends (not by going to their page but by checking the "friends" checkbox on the edit contact list page). So sometimes you may see my number of friends jump from one number to another very quickly. xD
I'm not afraid of rejection, not just because being on someone's friends list doesn't mean anything to me, but also because I send them all at once, so I can't be focusing on one of them and waiting for a reply...

:3

Forever
March 21st, 2010, 01:45 AM
I add people as friends only if they are friends... and not random people.

Yes, I fear rejection regarding everything in life.

I get annoyed by friend requests if they aren't from certain people.

I cbf'd keeping in contact with my friends. My favourites I keep contact with naturally. Although I may like others who I don't contact often. :)

curiousnathan
March 21st, 2010, 01:51 AM
Yeah of course, people here are so nice why shouldn't I add them.
No not really because if I do get rejected the person Who I wanted to be friends with usually writes a reason. I am not to fussed though, but I would still be affected..
Yes! I love reiceivng friend requests is shows me that SOMEONE like me for who I am.
Yeah most of the time I do, but sometimes I sorta don't feel like talking so I dont. But don't worry everyone I will talk to you! =D

Owl
March 21st, 2010, 05:31 AM
I only add them if I know them. I disregard people who I don't know :3

Infernape
March 21st, 2010, 07:50 AM
Yes

Not really.

yeah.

Yes, actually. That's what friends do

Rokusasu
March 21st, 2010, 08:27 AM
I think I've added two in the year that I've been active.
Yes. :c
It depends if I've spoken to the person or not. If it's someone I like, I'm happy. If it's someone I don't know, I'm kinda: o_O
I try to. At the moment I have so many unanswered VMs that I canny be bothered. XD