PDA

View Full Version : Friendly Affection

Melody
March 20th, 2010, 05:37 PM
How affectionate can you get with friends?
Where exactly do you draw the line in expressing that affection?
How do you deal with it once it overflows and becomes a crush, in the case of someone of the gender you are naturally attracted to?

Personally, I don't get too affectionate very often. They have to be a really kind person, and people of that level of kindness are somewhat rare.
Depending on how closely I trust someone, can dictate where I draw the limits, and I naturally don't get too cute with my male friends unless they obviously don't mind it or are of the orientation that would appreciate it. (Even some of them don't appreciate it so I really have to test the waters sometimes, and ask them what makes them uncomfortable so I can avoid making them uncomfortable)

If the affection for a friend of the opposite gender reaches crush levels, I generally just come out and tell them how I feel about it. Usually if it's gotten that far, I'm pretty sure the person is the type who will let me down kindly and help me adjust to it if they don't honestly feel the same way about me. I don't naturally fear rejection because I'm generally attracted to kind natured people anyways.

TrinityLimit
March 20th, 2010, 05:39 PM
i only get affectionate with my close/best friends :3

otherwise, no love from me ehe.

Rokusasu
March 21st, 2010, 09:09 AM
I get affectionate towards the people with whom I have good chemistry (in a non-sexual way). However, I can become a little claustrophobic, and need my own space once in a while.

In the few times I've had a crush on someone online, I've kept it to myself. I don't want another LDR. D:

Honest
March 21st, 2010, 11:04 AM
I get really affectionate sometimes. I don't even want to, but I just can't control myself. But I know when I go overboard, and stop if I can. I go affectionate mostly on my girlfriend now (duh), and sometimes on her BFF, who's my friend, too. She knows I do it, and doesn't mind. I just like to play around. : P

Anxiety.
March 21st, 2010, 02:46 PM
I'm uh... emotionally clingy, I guess you could call it. Don't show it, but I'm a very affectionate kid.

Mattysaurus
March 21st, 2010, 06:58 PM
My best friends are two girls and one boy so I'm naturally affectionate to the girls.
Like, we hug and do all that, and we say, 'I love you' to each other, and when I spent the night at one girls house for her birthday, we slept in the same bed giggity.

We the greatest of friends. But I'm not very affectionate to the boy. We fist pound. >:D

BHwolfgang
March 21st, 2010, 07:08 PM
I need to touch someone!

I am really affectionate, even to my male friends. I just tend to touch someone whenever I'm around them. However, I usually ask them if they feel uncomfortable with my actions.

MegaSlowBro.
March 21st, 2010, 07:10 PM
Normally, I'm not really affectionate to my friends, but I've changed since then. Now, I hug my friends instead of just smiling at them. I act more enthusiastic and energetic in conversations. I don't know, but I might have changed because I'm going to a different school from my original friends & I've made new ones.

Saltare.
March 22nd, 2010, 05:21 PM
It depends. I have a few guy friends I like.

But at my school, if you are talking with a close guy friend, people will automatically say "Oh, they're flirting." or "They're going out!"

So I try not to like my guy friends. Just other people that won't ever like me x3

Alli
March 26th, 2010, 09:09 AM
How affectionate can you get with friends?
I'm only affectionate with my best friends, but they're not even in this state. So the most affection I can give to them is sending "kiss me you fool" as VM or IM. xD But I do love hugs. And I'm known for randomly hitting on people of the same sex. Not in a serious manner, though. Though keep in mind, I only have like...two best friends. If anyone else tries to get affectionate, I'm like "omg go away don't touch me I'm clean begone". I'm rarely ever as affectionate as I've made myself out to be.

Where exactly do you draw the line in expressing that affection?
Kissing them? xD That'd be too far. But I don't see anything wrong with leaning on their shoulder when you need somewhere to cry or holding a hand when you're scared. I need crutches sometimes.

How do you deal with it once it overflows and becomes a crush, in the case of someone of the gender you are naturally attracted to?
._.

Ummmm...I don't know, really.

In the few times I've had a crush on someone online, I've kept it to myself. I don't want another LDR. D:

I had a similar situation. Not saying they can't work, but...idk. It's just confusing as all hell. |:

ReyRey-Pyon
March 27th, 2010, 06:24 AM
Im affectionate with just about all my friends
males and females.

i do enjoy rubbing on them and clinging to them and nuzzling them. and whispering sweet nothings in their ears. /wat?
some of my victims friends don't really like it for some unknown reason
/because I;m creepy D:
/being a creepy is my way of saying "You're swell" :D

i don't kiss on them, im not a kissy person
Huggy and clingy yes not kissy though D:

If i become attracted to them?
I don't know o3o

Elite Overlord LeSabre™
March 28th, 2010, 01:19 AM
I typically don't get affectionate. I respect other people's personal space and I expect that they will extend the same courtesy to me.

Galukxy
March 28th, 2010, 01:26 AM
I don't get that affectionate. I just like treat people or my friends how I would like to be treated kind of there are some days where I'm really anoid or not in the mood to even talk to my friends but I don't want to let my emotions or feelings effect the people around me.

Zebeedoo
March 28th, 2010, 10:02 AM
I can be extremely affectionate at times. =P With both males and females, though it depends on what age they are really. Sometimes I get an online crush, but I let it slide as I'm not one for a LDR. ~

Aureol
March 28th, 2010, 10:38 AM
I'm not very affectionate at all. I don't mind if people touch me though. If I walk up to you and hug you, I feel pretty deep for you, although if I just hug you back when you're hugging me, it's no big deal.

As for online crushes, I had an LDR once 3-4 years ago for a few months... I was the one that ended it though. Figured it wasn't healthy feeling for someone I probably would never see. Since then, I've wondered what it'd be like to meet some online users, but I don't get that involved.

flight
March 29th, 2010, 08:18 PM
I hate how affection I can get sometimes. It is really annoying as hell and I need to stop letting my emotions get the best of me sometimes.

This happens when I talk to someone I'm really close to. This makes sense when you're sort of a misanthrope IRL. Sad, really.

Drew
March 29th, 2010, 08:48 PM
I.. I don't get affectionate at all. xD;

I'm different with my family, but with friends.. I'll hug them, but only if they hug me first. Even though, they're small hugs, not huge bear hug type deals. Unless of course the person hugging me happens to be my friend Alyssa. She hugs me for ten minutes straight without letting go, and that's how she's always been, so I just go with it.. xD; Oh, if I'm in a relationship with someone, I actually do get affectionate with them.