PDA

View Full Version : PLASTICS

Kura
March 20th, 2010, 06:52 PM
Ever had an experience like the movie Mean Girls? Is there a group of wannabes at your school or in your life that seem controlling, demeaning, and like an outright gang? Have you ever been bullied by them?
Or do you generally stay away from the drama? Are you a quiet kid in your own little group of friends?  Do you like being a bit of a hermit?

Do you secretly wish to be part of a bigger Clique? Do you enjoy the friends you have now, or do you wish you had even more friends?

emoBill™
March 20th, 2010, 07:38 PM
That encompasses pretty much my whole school.
I go to a private school and everyone there is a Plastic, almost.
Like, they're all these stick-thin girls and boys who sleep around.
It's pretty bad.

I don't mind being part of anything.
I like where I am right now.
People like me and I like them.

Kura
March 20th, 2010, 07:51 PM
That encompasses pretty much my whole school.
I go to a private school and everyone there is a Plastic, almost.
Like, they're all these stick-thin girls and boys who sleep around.
It's pretty bad.

I don't mind being part of anything.
I like where I am right now.
People like me and I like them.

Yeah, that seems harsh. Things tend to branch out a lot when you reach college but it seems like 50% of those plastics never do seem to grow up and actually get worse!
In a residence situation, I'm pretty thankful that I never got stuck with a plastic and my roommate is pretty respectable. She parties much more than I do (I'm a bit of a hermit, lol) but she respects my space and tries to come home quietly after a party if she knows I'm sleeping. (I usually wake up anyways because I'm a light sleeper, but it's nice that she tries to respect me.)

I'm glad you don't mind where you are, and it's nice you have good relationships with people.

Melody
March 20th, 2010, 08:06 PM
I generally keep to myself, and befriend only those who show enough kindness or other positive traits to be considered trustworthy. I am a friendly person at heart, but I had a lot of problem with 'Plastics' in school so I definitely screen my friends now so that I can keep those kind of shallow jerks away.

Generally, I'm not extremely social by nature...I prefer being left alone if I don't feel as if I can immediately trust the larger portion of the group.

emoBill™
March 20th, 2010, 09:22 PM
I'm glad you don't mind where you are, and it's nice you have good relationships with people.
Psh, if they don't want to be nice to me then I don't know why I would bother wasting time to try to get them to.
If they like me, they like me.
If not, good for them.
;3

.Gamer
March 20th, 2010, 09:37 PM
I'm pretty much friends with everyone. I find it easier not to dislike people.

Ursula
March 20th, 2010, 11:32 PM
At my school, cliques barely exist. I mean, there are groups of people and whatnot, but for the most part, most people are acceptable of other people. Like, everyone intermingles because our school is so small XD;
But, no, we don't really have ~plastics~ per say. Most of the relatively popular people including myself - so modest, yes! admit their short comings and so aren't very ~judgmental~.

Transfer students are usually surprised at how friendly everyone is here lol D:

curiousnathan
March 20th, 2010, 11:52 PM
Yes. There are quite a few plastics at my school and tend to think they own the school with thier thick masks of makeup. I like to have my own group of friends and mind my own buiseness, because one day it might backfire and hit me in the face if I turn to be mean and popular. I am actually the smartest of my grade so some groups know me and come to me for help.

I am a generally friendly person, just don't annoy me and you'll be fine. I am a bubbly person but can tend to respond seriosuly to jokes and stuff, but most if the time I love jokes and fun. I like to smile too, but don't mess with me or my friends! I get very annoyed when people mess wiht my friends just like they do when people mess with me! :)

But don't worry, when you get to know me I'm actaully alright! =D

Naruto Uzumaki
March 21st, 2010, 05:33 AM
Nope, I'm fine with the way I am. I don't need to be in a bigger click.

Rokusasu
March 21st, 2010, 08:35 AM
The 'plastics' at my school were too occupied with themselves to bully people outright. They'd rather talk behind peoples' backs. :3

Vital
March 21st, 2010, 11:01 AM
I go to a really nerdy school, so the clique there thinks, along with the rest of the school. xD

Um... I guess I'm actually a part of it, though I tend not to do anything. More likely observe and see what others do, only step in when I'm in the mood. : /

Anxiety.
March 21st, 2010, 02:49 PM
...That's pretty much everyone. They're all in this 'gang' that I'm not in. And I like it that way.

Yes, they bully me, 'cause I'm eccentric, and I don't care. I really don't, I don't think there's anything wrong with being yourself, even if it means getting bullied. I ain't no sheep.

Mattysaurus
March 21st, 2010, 06:50 PM
There is a group of girls at my high school like that.
Though they don't control anything, and no one really gives them thought.
But they think they are better than everyone, even though they are not.