PDA

View Full Version : Do you regret anything at the moment?

Forever
March 20th, 2010, 08:14 PM
Maybe something that has been on your mind for a while, wish you could take it back? Yeah, any regrets really.

Melody
March 20th, 2010, 08:20 PM
At the moment, I don't have any regrets. I try to live my life without doing anything I'd regret, and I don't waste much time feeling regret, I take corrective action as soon as I can without further talk on it. If I have to apologize, I do. If there's something I must do, I try to do it so that I can put the regret behind me.

I don't really let myself get loaded down with that emotion, merely because it tends to contribute to stress, which I also avoid. x3

Sammi
March 20th, 2010, 08:40 PM
I regret a lot. I'm a procrastinator at heart, and I don't like listening to people sometimes, and this has screwed me over in so, so many different ways, that if I hadn't procrastinated at all since I left high school I would probably still be in college, and not in the substantial amount of debt I'm in. Seriously, that's what I've been trying to cry about all night long. I'm so stuck in a rut with student loans and although I could get out of it, I guess, it'll take hard work and sacrifice that I don't want to make.

But, when I suffer the most, I just... bottle it all up, and when I really just want to cry it out, I'm so used to holding back that all I can do is choke. and when I do want to cry there's no one here to comfort me... I just want a hug and a shoulder to cry on right now. ;___; Perhaps that's what I regret the most right now: waiting until I'm alone to suffer, instead of when there's actually people to support me.

This topic has saved me a depressing blog entry, and for that I will have to thank you, Nica.

MarstheCar
March 20th, 2010, 09:19 PM
I regret drawing the Drowzee for my sig. I just do.

Dakota
March 21st, 2010, 10:54 AM
I regret not telling this girl at my 8th grade graduation how much I loved her. Cause now, it just comes back to haunt me. : /

Timbjerr
March 21st, 2010, 11:01 AM
I regret a lot. I'm a procrastinator at heart, and I don't like listening to people sometimes, and this has screwed me over in so, so many different ways, that if I hadn't procrastinated at all since I left high school I would probably still be in college, and not in the substantial amount of debt I'm in. Seriously, that's what I've been trying to cry about all night long. I'm so stuck in a rut with student loans and although I could get out of it, I guess, it'll take hard work and sacrifice that I don't want to make.

But, when I suffer the most, I just... bottle it all up, and when I really just want to cry it out, I'm so used to holding back that all I can do is choke. and when I do want to cry there's no one here to comfort me... I just want a hug and a shoulder to cry on right now. ;___; Perhaps that's what I regret the most right now: waiting until I'm alone to suffer, instead of when there's actually people to support me.

This topic has saved me a depressing blog entry, and for that I will have to thank you, Nica.

My regrets are in a similar class to Sammi-san's, except I did make a depressing blog entry a couple weeks back, and it can't fully be pinned on me as much as my parents.

Mostly, I regret not being more assertive about gaining scholarships and grants back when I was in high school and not being as good a student in high school as the one I became in college. >_<

I also regret many, many decisions regarding my love life, but I beat myself up about those enough already. X_x.

Mattysaurus
March 21st, 2010, 07:02 PM
I'm sorta regretting telling my best friend how much I love her. I mean, I haven't lost the chance just yet. But I'm afraid I will tell her and she doesn't like me back and it gets awkward and we stop being friends. I would much rather be a coward and not tell her how I really feel, than be rejected and not have her in my life at all. ♥

Esper
March 21st, 2010, 07:22 PM
I regret a lot. I'm a procrastinator at heart
This about sums me up. I regret so many things it's easier to count the things I don't regret than the things I do. They all involve not taking advantage of a situation when I had the chance because I always told myself I had time to do it later. Like how I went to Japan, but didn't study the language nearly as much as I should have so I met hardly any people and didn't get involved in very many cool, new things that I easily could have been. Now I can't do any of those nifty things I wanted to do.

I could write a Great Wall of Text on things I regret, but that'd just bring me down so I won't.

TheRichar
March 21st, 2010, 07:26 PM
yes I have one I cant take out of my mind, I didn't talk, I let her go is what comes to my mind :/

Eпvy
March 21st, 2010, 07:37 PM
What I regret at the moment is being a whiney emo... Especially in 2006 - 2007, and you know not appreciating the many great things that I had, and believing that life would actually always be fair to me, giving me the free license to complain about relatively minor things in my life.

I also regret that phase hindering my progression as a musician. I got hung up on the result of a single audition that I practiced really hard for. I was truly an idiot. I quite simply did not work anywhere near that hard outside of that in the past, and for some reason I was really blind to the fact that it might have impacted the result of that audition greatly. I was led to believe that this "natural talent" was something that nearly every single band member but me had. I got mad at somebody that threw together their audition together the night before it was due making the highest ensemble.

Again, I was completely blind to the fact that practicing hard for a long period of time can make sightreading easier. Why do I regret that so much? Because I'm playing a catch up game in college. Not to forget to mention that I'm playing an new instrument. It has seriously embarrassed me because I never learned to perform properly, and now I'm to a point where I have to be a performer. I'm not at the level I should be, either on my instrument or as a musician in general. And it's all because I was so retarded back then. lol. I never pushed myself. Now it's causing me to have to push myself really hard.

In addition my whiney emo self probably cost me a lot of my reputation. Not that I care about that, but I do care about the individual people. And it bothers me that I was so idiotic around them, and that they were trying to snap me out of it, but never could do it. So probably a lot of them lost respect towards me and don't even care to talk to me casually anymore.

I was such an idiot, and it went beyond that. I also was close-minded, and wrote off a lot of things for no reason. But I can't say I regret that too much. Not that I want to go back to that, it's just that it hasn't had any impact on my current life.