PDA

View Full Version : The (Not-so-Official) Retro Games Thread!

Team Fail
March 21st, 2010, 03:11 PM
It seems old games so here:

Yes, you heard it. Retro (As if anyone is into that... XD) This is for chat on any old system like:
-Sega Genesis
-NES
-SNES
-N64
-PS1
Original Gameboy
And games like:
-Super Mario 64
-Super Mario Bros
-Pong (lol)
-Duck Hunt

Also, any help on these systems can also be found here, and below are some common fixes:
NES:
Q: The power light blinks and my game won't start! What do I do?
A: It isn't reading the game. Try reinserting the game.
Q: All my graphics look like garbage! What's wrong?
A: The system can read the game, but it is being read incorrectly. Reinsert the game.
Q: What's a NES? Or an Atari? How about an N64?
A: Get a life.

All this and more!

Theodore Bruno
March 22nd, 2010, 06:49 PM
N64, is that really classified as Retro? Hmm, released in 96. That's 14 years, good golly, it's been awhile. Must be gettin' old I guess.
My favorite older games would be Megaman and Megaman X, Mother/EarthBound, and Castlevania.

Algo Fonix
March 22nd, 2010, 06:56 PM
I keep my NES and SNES hooked up most of the time, and I play them pretty often. I also freakin' love me some Sega Saturn. I play that thing pretty often too. So yeah, I loooove retro gaming.

Kobold Asylum
March 23rd, 2010, 05:51 AM
My favorite game to this day remains to be Gauntlet. And the funnest game I've ever played was moonwalker so I guess that makes me retro huh. Also, where is PS1 on that list? PS1 is considered retro now.

Team Fail
March 25th, 2010, 04:42 PM
Well, I play different games on my NES and SNES, like Final Fantasy 3, Golf, Final Fantasy, and Tetris (Yeah, I admit, Tetris is so cool. On my SNES, I play Final Fantasy 3 (As I said above), Super Mario All-Stars and Super Mario All-Stars. Also I'll use my Super GameBoy to play Gameboy Games in a cool way, with the borders and all the pretty colors. lol I'm trying to get games for my N64, but I'm having no luck. Mack911 is supposed to get me a Gameshark for my N64 when I get a game for it, but.... That hasn't gone so well. But yeah, I like my retro games.

Droidz
March 25th, 2010, 05:14 PM
I got my NES and SNES from my cousins because they never use it and i just love them. I also still have my N64, a great gaming system.

Alistair
March 25th, 2010, 05:40 PM
I hooked up my old Atari VCS (six switch for the win, by the way) the other day and played Super Breakout and Donkey Kong for a few hours. Two classics that should be played by anyone into gaming.

Team Fail
March 25th, 2010, 06:21 PM
I got my NES and SNES from my cousins because they never use it and i just love them. I also still have my N64, a great gaming system.
I have all three, and all of them are amazing systems. :)

I hooked up my old Atari VCS (six switch for the win, by the way) the other day and played Super Breakout and Donkey Kong for a few hours. Two classics that should be played by anyone into gaming.

I want one of those so bad. There was one at our local Pawn shop for $200. A little much for me, imo. I want one for free. Too bad that won't happen. :(

Jolene
March 26th, 2010, 11:43 AM
I love retro puzzle games. My favorites are Binary Land and Sokoban.

Cello
March 26th, 2010, 03:25 PM
PS1 has made me the happiest long time RPG addict in the world.
Xenogears, Chrono Cross, Breath of Fire 3 and 4, Final Fantasy 7-9, Digimon World 3...
Oh lordy.
Did I mention Breath of Fire 3? I LOVE that game.

Castlevania Symphony of the Night was epic too, despite me not knowing what to categorize it as.