PDA

View Full Version : TV Tuners, anyone own one?

Tsutarja
March 21st, 2010, 05:51 PM
Just wondering, but does anyone here own a TV Tuner or other capture device? I own three tuners. They include the WinTV HVR 1600; the WinTV HVR 950Q; and the Pinnacle PCTV HD Ultimate Stick.

Melody
March 21st, 2010, 06:23 PM
While discussion of TV tuners isnt prohibited here, may I point you kindly to the rules of the forum which clearly states that we don't have anything to do with anything illegal, and asking people to capture something for you is technically illegal so....tread carefully. It's not technically illegal to capture TV for yourself, but it is somewhat illegal to distribute it to people over the internet or via any other means, electronic or not.

That being said, I don't own any, and I doubt anyone else here really does. xD

Gumball Watterson
March 21st, 2010, 06:43 PM
While discussion of TV tuners isnt prohibited here, may I point you kindly to the rules of the forum which clearly states that we don't have anything to do with anything illegal, and asking people to capture something for you is technically illegal so....tread carefully. It's not technically illegal to capture TV for yourself, but it is somewhat illegal to distribute it to people over the internet or via any other means, electronic or not.

That being said, I don't own any, and I doubt anyone else here really does. xD

Why would he ask that if he said he already has not one, but three? The only problem is that this is more to the technology forum side XD

And yep, I am a proud owner of a Win-tv HVR 950Q Hybrid TV Stick through USB. But the only reason I am still one is because of the fan at the top section of my computer, because the damn things heats up fast and good. But yeah, very useful for watching George Lopez while my brother watches his Disney channel crap in the big TV. All of a sudden my computer is a TV Showing-Music Playing-C++ Compiling-Internet Surfing-Guitar Tabbing-Homework Killing machine

Melody
March 21st, 2010, 06:52 PM
Why would he ask that if he said he already has not one, but three? The only problem is that this is more to the technology forum side XD

And yep, I am a proud owner of a Win-tv HVR 950Q Hybrid TV Stick through USB. But the only reason I am still one is because of the fan at the top section of my computer, because the damn things heats up fast and good. But yeah, very useful for watching George Lopez while my brother watches his Disney channel crap in the big TV. All of a sudden my computer is a TV Showing-Music Playing-C++ Compiling-Internet Surfing-Guitar Tabbing-Homework Killing machine

Sadly, with his post count I was afraid he'd either ask someone to capture for him, or offer his captured videos here, both of which are against the rules. x3

You know how n00bs these days usually never read the rules. XDD

IceSage
March 21st, 2010, 07:53 PM
Just wondering, but does anyone here own a TV Tuner or other capture device? I own three tuners. They include the WinTV HVR 1600; the WinTV HVR 950Q; and the Pinnacle PCTV HD Ultimate Stick.

Nope. My friend had one, it was a video card; it didn't fit, however.

I want one extremely bad... mainly to record Pokemon Battle Revolution fights on and save for posterity.

You know, because PBR lacks that feature, as well as many other features it should have...

donavannj
March 21st, 2010, 09:10 PM
My brother has one that's about 7 years old in his computer... he never uses it because the video quality isn't so great.

Gerri Shin
March 22nd, 2010, 05:39 PM
I used to have one with my old computer, but I've since moved on and found that internet based TV (like Hulu and others) is just as good and in the spirit of saving money I canceled my cable subscription last year.