PDA

View Full Version : Team Fortress 2

Theodore Bruno
March 23rd, 2010, 04:01 PM
Okay, so the newest thread I found was last posted in 2009, so why not start a new one, right. Hopefully I don't mess this up...

This is one of my favorite shooters of this gen. Awesome characters, weapons (Cept for backburner, Go be a Pybro, okay), and maps. Anywho, does anyone else play? What's your favorite class/loadout? What's your opinion on hats?

I play Pyro, but I also enjoy Sniper (Like his personality), but since I suck at sniping I use the huntsman, and I'm pretty good with it. I don't really like hats to be honest. have some, but they seem to cause conflict between players. Not as bad as it was when hats first came out and those halos, though.

Also, post your backpacks:
http://www.tf2items.com/id/ultimateassualtmecha (Because the best thing about hats isn't finding them, but showing everyone else online you found them. Also, ballin' medal, right?)

One more thing, post some screenshots, because they're always fun.
http://img202.imageshack.us/img202/7562/poorsniper.jpg

twocows
March 23rd, 2010, 06:09 PM
Entire thread is BABIES.

Yeah, I like TF2, but I'm so busy right now I rarely have time to play it. I'll probably play some more over summer, though.

Munch Dog
March 23rd, 2010, 08:48 PM
I love tf2. Major pyro player here! I love burning everything up! I dabble in a few other classes sometimes but pyro is where my heart is. I may post my backpack and what not later, I'm too tired to do it now. -.-

Spike Kintarin
March 26th, 2010, 08:31 PM
I prefer Heavy/Pyro. ^^ I just love the Heavy so much in this weaponry and responses. And the Pyro is a great ambusher and is a pretty fun character too... Anyone want to go at it anytime soon?

Professor Doakes
March 26th, 2010, 11:58 PM
FYI I'm a spy. It's been awhile since I played, but I still pop on every now and then. Still waiting for a bowler hat for the Spy, then I can take off the stupid Halloween hat.

SolarAbusoru
March 27th, 2010, 01:17 AM
I still need to get this, I've watched so many videos about it that I like it already, might play as the Scout, BONK.

Spike Kintarin
March 27th, 2010, 12:28 PM
I still need to get this, I've watched so many videos about it that I like it already, might play as the Scout, BONK.

Scout is BABY.

http://fc08.deviantart.net/fs51/f/2009/264/e/9/TF2___Baby_Scout_by_SuperKusoKao.png

robobbiebob
March 27th, 2010, 12:34 PM
i love this game!
what do you use ps3 or pc? i use both :>

Theodore Bruno
March 27th, 2010, 12:50 PM
Scout is BABY.

http://fc08.deviantart.net/fs51/f/2009/264/e/9/TF2___Baby_Scout_by_SuperKusoKao.png
http://img638.imageshack.us/img638/5818/1260749733217.png

Also, anyone here, feel free to add me on Steam.

Spike Kintarin
March 27th, 2010, 01:05 PM
Oy, my name on there is pretty much the same. No space: SpikeKintarin

Theodore Bruno
March 27th, 2010, 01:10 PM
I found this:
http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198010403050

But it has a space. You sure your name doesn't have a space. I couldn't find it.

Diddy Kong
March 27th, 2010, 01:15 PM
Scout is BABY.

Make sure your posts are four words long at least, so you aren't breaking the rules. :> Thanks.

And I usually play as whatever. I'll switch constantly. But Spy is my favorite.

Spike Kintarin
March 27th, 2010, 01:49 PM
I found this:
http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198010403050

But it has a space. You sure your name doesn't have a space. I couldn't find it.

Ah, okay. Forgot that was for something else. ^_^; That's me alright.

@Klippy, my bad. ^-^;;; I didn't know/mean to. And gomennasi for the titanic picture. X3

Anyways, I'm about to jump on to TF2 and play some Payload... anyone want to join?

Forgotten_hope
March 29th, 2010, 07:50 AM
I love me some TF2, but, my computer is pretty crappy so it always lags a little bit.

I also can't do anything else while playing, I can't tab out, I need to close everything, so, I haven't played it since like, a week after the Demo/Soldier update.

Morkula
March 29th, 2010, 10:36 AM
I love TF2, but I don't get to play it as much as I'd like because most of the people in my main gaming group don't have it on PC. I have it on both PC and 360, but the 360 version is awful.

Usually wind up being a Pyro or Engineer when I do play though - I'm not very good with the other classes.

Spike Kintarin
March 29th, 2010, 10:54 AM
I love TF2, but I don't get to play it as much as I'd like because most of the people in my main gaming group don't have it on PC. I have it on both PC and 360, but the 360 version is awful.

Usually wind up being a Pyro or Engineer when I do play though - I'm not very good with the other classes.

See, I've only got it on PC because of that. Though, when I get and Xbox 360, I might give it a try on there. I mostly want the 360 for RE5, L4D, and such. X3

And, yeah, the other classes take a bit of practice to get used to. Pyro is pretty straightforward. But, with all classes, you gotta have some sorta strategy. ^^; I'll usually build (as Engie) myself into a corner with a Sentry and Dispenser... That prevents me from being backstabbed and I can quickly repair my buildings when a Spy saps them or an Uber comes by. It works about 80% of the time... and it helps to make sure a Pyro is nearby just in case of that sneaky Spy.

Ihtesam19
April 2nd, 2010, 05:12 PM
lol Team Fortress 2 is fun :D I mainly play all classes, they all have the fun in them.

MrGhost
April 4th, 2010, 08:19 PM
I absolutely love this game. I play it on steam for my PC...
I recently have been playing as the engineer quite a bit, but I enjoy playing as all the classes except for Pyro and Medic, because I'm absolutely rotten at those two.

Also, you can add me on steam if you want. I'm mrghost833

An Imperialist named Dak
April 5th, 2010, 05:23 PM
I usually play as what my team needs (mostly medic/Sniper/Engie) since most medics are terrible, engies build sentries in terrible areas, and snipers die all the time.

Jeremy
April 7th, 2010, 12:59 PM
Well sweeties, I love TF2. Its one of the reasons why you don't see me too often. XD

Anyway, my main class is the Engie. I usually play offensively, you know build sentries in the most weird places that nobody expects to see in the middle of the battle field, while harassing other players with my shotgun. For you see, I solve practical problems. XD

Still waiting for the Engie update. =/

Spike Kintarin
April 7th, 2010, 01:39 PM
For you see, I solve practical problems. XD

Yeah, vell, you may think you can outsmart me. ...Maybe. Maybe.

But I doubt you can outsmart bullet.

http://th04.deviantart.net/fs20/300W/i/2007/231/a/f/Heavy_Weapons_Guy__Bullet_by_rrc589.jpg

YHATATATATATATA-YHATATATATATATA-DODADODATDADADODADA- KABOOM! KABOOM!

XD hah. HYES!

But, back to reality, the Engie update should be finished by May from what I've been hearing around the game and boards. It's kinda excitin'.

digi-kun
April 7th, 2010, 05:33 PM
Usually I'll play TF2, but i generally only get on when my roommate gets on these days. I generally play all around into what the team needs, though my main class is Soldier, Pyro, Medic, and (Support) Engy

Zet
April 7th, 2010, 06:46 PM
I usually play as an engie, pyro and medic depending on what server and map it is.

Spike Kintarin
April 7th, 2010, 08:15 PM
Well, we need to all schedule a time to go at it. Any of y'all up for it?

peteraugusts
April 8th, 2010, 04:11 AM
I still play TF2. There's always quite a few games available to join. Its just so fun and with the differences between the classes with there advantages and disadvantages its very nice game where every person has the exact same layout, guns, skills, etc.

May 6th, 2010, 08:36 AM
IT'S YOUR TURN (http://teamfortress.com/119/comingsoon.html)

Munch Dog
May 6th, 2010, 01:38 PM
That looks interesting. I haven't been playing a lot of TF2 lately. Especially since the April 28th update that nerfed the pyro big time. Sure airblast is even better now (and it was already pretty great before) but I play pyro to burn things and be offensive with it, not puff air at people as a support class, which is essentialy what the pyro is now.

Theodore Bruno
May 6th, 2010, 03:23 PM
That looks interesting. I haven't been playing a lot of TF2 lately. Especially since the April 28th update that nerfed the pyro big time. Sure airblast is even better now (and it was already pretty great before) but I play pyro to burn things and be offensive with it, not puff air at people as a support class, which is essentialy what the pyro is now.
W+M1! But I do agree that flame nerf was unnecessary since Pyro was the weakest class before. People just think W+M1 is broken, and they complain about it. But in reality they just suck and don't know how to backpedal and ovoid an ambush.

Also, can't wait til Engie update. I hope he gets that robot arm.

PkMnTrainer Yellow
May 6th, 2010, 04:59 PM
I play Team Fortress 2! =D

If any of you guys want to add me, ask me in private. =3

Spike Kintarin
May 6th, 2010, 09:15 PM
IT'S NOT POSSIBLE! O_O NIET!!!

Theodore Bruno
May 7th, 2010, 03:47 PM
Fixed players seeing cloaked Spies when they should be fully cloaked
Updated the Homewrecker
It now damages enemy sappers on friendly buildings
Fixed items not displaying correctly while playing back a demo
Badge hire dates now display the time in GMT
Hmm, might equip Homewrecker now...maybe...

SolarAbusoru
May 8th, 2010, 01:24 AM
I've gots teh game now, "I'm coming for you!"

robobbiebob
May 8th, 2010, 03:47 AM
i just got it for my PC ( so i dont have to steal my bfs to use it )
:D
but my steam account only has gmod and team fortress its so lonely and boring lol.

Hiroshi Sotomura
May 10th, 2010, 06:30 AM
i just got it for my PC ( so i dont have to steal my bfs to use it )
:D
but my steam account only has gmod and team fortress its so lonely and boring lol.
This is why you go on a multiplayer server and join a game, and bam! Boredom just SAPPED MY SENTRY.

リュザキ
May 10th, 2010, 08:15 AM
I love Tf2, but since my Pc is dead to me since it pretty much died I only play on the 360 at the moment. (Until they finally bring it to Mac which was supposed to happen last month but this is Valve we are talking about.)

But I play as ze Spy. All the time...any map...even when we are defending. Which is kind of funny since people get mad at me at the start of the game for being ze Spy in defending, then at the end I am some where in the top 3.

May I make a suggestion? Run.

mondays suck
May 11th, 2010, 12:18 AM
I don't have TF2, but I've been wanting to buy it for quite some time since I played it on a free TF2-weekend.
I enjoyed playing as Scout and Pyro the most, but my favorite character would be the Spy. Mainly because Meet the Spy is so incredibly awesome, but also because of the Gentlemen meme.

PkMnTrainer Yellow
May 12th, 2010, 05:00 AM
IT'S NOT POSSIBLE! O_O NIET!!!

ALSO, HEAVY AND SCOUT ARE MY FAVORITE CLASSES!!!

Or should I say...

HEAVY AND SCOUT ARE CREDIT TO TEAM

Sneeze
May 12th, 2010, 07:20 AM
Been playing it since beta :D, on off though; back into it at the moment in preparation for engineer. I main spy, mostly, but I'm loving heavy too recently since the buff, he's almost overpowered now xD.

Fun, feel free to add me to steam anyone and we can have a game. :3

robobbiebob
May 12th, 2010, 01:34 PM
There has been an update on the pyro making him alot weaker than he was befor. making pyro the weakest character

Sneeze
May 12th, 2010, 05:53 PM
^^^

Depends, he's fine with backburner.

His normal flamethrower is good to once you've mastered the airblast saying that.

Michfan
May 12th, 2010, 05:58 PM
Me as Engy = pwn EVERYONE

PkMnTrainer Yellow
May 13th, 2010, 10:54 AM
I have no love for the Pyro nor it's M1+W tendencies.

My love is for The Scout, Heavy, and perhaps The Spy / Soldier.
Engy and me are strictly professional.

Don't ask about The Sniper.

blaze_the_cat
May 17th, 2010, 12:51 AM
The Engineer Update is sure to be dripping with awesome.

My favorite character would have to be the Heavy. He is just so adorable to look at, and his lines never fail to make me laugh.

And he is just funny to look at.

Kalsard
May 17th, 2010, 01:00 AM
The Soldier must be the best. When you taunt and swap you can do the shotgun salute with your Rocket Launcher ( A well Known fact by now, but it looks cool).
618 Hours and still counting. :)

and...Homewrecker damages Sappers? I guess I should read the update news more carefully than I did.
However, with the shortening of delay and ammo taken by compressing, I find that a lot of pyros just stand around waiting for me to fire my rocket. ~_~
Of course, that's when you pull out your shotgun.

blaze_the_cat
May 17th, 2010, 01:02 AM
Try taunt swapping the Heavies shotgun taunt, with the Minigun.

See his incredible strength at being able to twirl itty, bitty gun around his finger!

Kalsard
May 17th, 2010, 01:04 AM
Yes, I find that funny too. :P
Does anyone else get bored with 2fort quickly? With Engineers it can quickly hit stalemate.

blaze_the_cat
May 17th, 2010, 01:13 AM
2Fort isnt that bad, but when it turns into a Sniper Match, yeh im ready to leave.

Kalsard
May 17th, 2010, 01:31 AM
Yes, and that is a big problem as well. The snipers just go to battlements and snipe at each other. :(
A whole team can comprise of half snipers leaving little for attack.
24/7 matches can literally turn into 24/7 matches because of this.

Munch Dog
May 17th, 2010, 04:32 AM
I find most ctf maps to be extremely boring in general. The only one I like official wise is Turbine. Mach4 isn't a bad custom ctf map but it's also prone to stalemating.

PkMnTrainer Yellow
May 17th, 2010, 07:24 AM
Yes, I find that funny too. :P
Does anyone else get bored with 2fort quickly? With Engineers it can quickly hit stalemate.

Sir, this is why I quickly stopped playing seriously and took off to Mario Kart for massive lolz.

Sadly, I think playing Mario Kart made me a better TF2 player. Seems like all the pros go there to troll "noobs"

Sneeze
May 17th, 2010, 05:05 PM
I don't mind CTF when it's not a stalemate, Turbine is usually fine. I used to love 2Fort back in the earlier days before it just became a bunch of engies and snipers.

Zet
May 18th, 2010, 01:48 AM
I'm not really a big fan of CTF maps, but they're good fun for their small size and being able to find enemies faster.

blaze_the_cat
May 18th, 2010, 03:13 AM
Try Zombie Fortress.

Blu are the zombies. They can only be Spies, Heavies or Scouts and can only use melee.

Red are survivors. They can be Demomen, Snipers, Pyros, Medics, Engineers, and Soldiers.

When a Red person is killed, they are swapped to Blu.

If the Timelimit is reached and Red has one person alive, Red wins. If Blu eliminates all Red, Blu wins.

Of course, the classes have be nerfed. The Pyro starts with 200 ammo, and it slowly goes down until it hits 100.

The Engineer can only lay a Level one Sentry, and a Level one Dispenser. They cannot be upgraded, the Dispenser provides no ammo or health (use it as a barricade) and the sentry is on a time limit. Its ammo slowly goes down and when it hits 0, it blows up.

Some maps are changed, such as one on Dustbowl where the Reds have to get from Stage one Spawn, in the Mines, to the Rocket in the last stage. And another has you getting to a Train on the other side of a Canyon. When the timelimit is reached, the train leaves, and if a Red is on it, Red wins.

Kalsard
May 18th, 2010, 04:07 AM
I played that once and I don't know whether its that great.
The CSS version is probably better.
However, I like PL and CP maps. They're fun-ish, except for that last map on Dustbowl.
It's hard for RED to win there.

Zet
May 18th, 2010, 06:18 AM
I played a round of zombie fortress earlier today and it was pretty neat.

Kalsard
May 18th, 2010, 07:53 PM
Well then, maybe I'll give it another go later.
=P
The graphics look a bit weird though, I mean the colours of the zombies.

blaze_the_cat
May 18th, 2010, 08:22 PM
They arent green anymore, they used to be.

Now they are just normal colored.

Kalsard
May 19th, 2010, 12:24 AM
Topic Change if nobody minds.
Has anyone read the new update on the website. The ability to change the skins of your weapons I believe. Do any of you believe it is worth it? Personally I'd rather stick with the old weapons as I may get confused some time later.
The story about hats was amusing as well :O .
And Damn, I missed my PC 1 year anniversary by 8 days.
x_x

Zet
May 19th, 2010, 02:23 AM
I don't mind customization of weapons, it's just like having custom hats.

blaze_the_cat
May 19th, 2010, 02:45 AM
What exactly does changing the skins mean?

I can have a bright green sandvich?

Kalsard
May 19th, 2010, 03:11 AM
Means that you see a weapon eg. the Ubersaw, as a different model. All you have to do is change some of the files. They've got some new things on the website where you can change the model, or else you can get custom ones off the internet.
=(
Not for me I think.

Munch Dog
May 19th, 2010, 04:29 AM
Update on the website from yesterday says that they're gonna roll out some more small tweaks for the pyro...

I've got my fingers crossed that maybe Valve finally got their crap together and are gonna set things right for my favorite class.

Zet
May 19th, 2010, 05:43 AM
I'm hoping it's increasing damage dealt, or longer burns.

May 19th, 2010, 08:00 AM
No matter what it is; Engineer and Demoman are still better classes.

PkMnTrainer Yellow
May 19th, 2010, 09:44 AM
I hope it's not damage. Good riddens to the day where a Pyro could do The Spy's job better than he could.

Munch Dog
May 19th, 2010, 03:24 PM
Fixed a case where the Spy could start taunting and cloak at the same time
Flamethrower changes
Increased base damage 10%
Afterburn duration increased (from 6 to 10)
Flares that hit a burning player at mid-to-long range will crit
Reduced Backburner damage bonus from 20% to 15%

Hmm, well seems pretty good to me, at least pyro got SOME of his firepower back. And I may start using the flare gun again. :p

I hope it's not damage. Good riddens to the day where a Pyro could do The Spy's job better than he could.
What the hell are you talking about? This was NEVER the case... If a pyro can do a better job at sneaking around than a spy can, then it's not the case of the pyro being overpowered... you're just a freaking terrible spy.

Kalsard
May 19th, 2010, 08:32 PM
Unless what she meant was that the pyro could come from behind and burn everybody to death without them being able to kill the pyro.
Don't be so sad. =(
Flare gun leaves pyros vulnerable in water, but I guess you can swap in certain stages. Good thing burn went back up.

blaze_the_cat
May 19th, 2010, 09:10 PM
Wait, what? Changing the skins or models of the weapons has been around for ages.

Kalsard
May 19th, 2010, 09:14 PM
I know, but this time they are showing off ones that Professionals have been designing?
I'm not sure, but they're promoting them.

blaze_the_cat
May 19th, 2010, 10:18 PM
Sounds awesome. Am looking forward to it.

Kalsard
May 19th, 2010, 10:21 PM
They are already out. Look on the website.
=P
They look okay, but I really cbf.

Scales
May 19th, 2010, 11:34 PM
Am I a black sheep here when I say I preferred TFC?

blaze_the_cat
May 19th, 2010, 11:38 PM
Mister Royzo's stuff?

Im a member at Facepunch, and he has released some awesome stuff over there.

They are called TF2 Emporiums:

1: http://www.facepunch.com/showthread.php?t=816805
2: http://www.facepunch.com/showthread.php?t=842990
3: http://www.facepunch.com/showthread.php?t=860032
4: http://www.facepunch.com/showthread.php?t=876073
5: http://www.facepunch.com/showthread.php?t=882979
6: http://www.facepunch.com/showthread.php?t=890378
7: http://www.facepunch.com/showthread.php?t=905074
8: http://www.facepunch.com/showthread.php?t=912130
9: http://www.facepunch.com/showthread.php?t=916605
10: http://www.facepunch.com/showthread.php?t=922020
11: http://www.facepunch.com/showthread.php?t=927687
12: http://www.facepunch.com/showthread.php?t=933903
13: http://www.facepunch.com/showthread.php?t=937883
14: http://www.facepunch.com/showthread.php?t=940851

All the mods are really good quality. Check them out.

Zet
May 20th, 2010, 02:29 AM
Mister Royzo's stuff?

Im a member at Facepunch, and he has released some awesome stuff over there.

They are called TF2 Emporiums:

1: http://www.facepunch.com/showthread.php?t=816805
2: http://www.facepunch.com/showthread.php?t=842990
3: http://www.facepunch.com/showthread.php?t=860032
4: http://www.facepunch.com/showthread.php?t=876073
5: http://www.facepunch.com/showthread.php?t=882979
6: http://www.facepunch.com/showthread.php?t=890378
7: http://www.facepunch.com/showthread.php?t=905074
8: http://www.facepunch.com/showthread.php?t=912130
9: http://www.facepunch.com/showthread.php?t=916605
10: http://www.facepunch.com/showthread.php?t=922020
11: http://www.facepunch.com/showthread.php?t=927687
12: http://www.facepunch.com/showthread.php?t=933903
13: http://www.facepunch.com/showthread.php?t=937883
14: http://www.facepunch.com/showthread.php?t=940851

All the mods are really good quality. Check them out.

Downloaded some of them, but seeing as how I don't have many hats, I won't be able to see them until I get the hats in the game.

I'm glad pyro damage was increased.

blaze_the_cat
May 20th, 2010, 03:26 AM
Stupid hats are so difficult to get.

If i only get one hat ever, i want the Heavie's Football Helmet.

Munch Dog
May 20th, 2010, 04:02 AM
Downloaded some of them, but seeing as how I don't have many hats, I won't be able to see them until I get the hats in the game.

I'm glad pyro damage was increased.

Indeed. It's nice to actually be considered a threat at close range again. Also, backburner actually does MORE damage than it did before the initial flamethrower damage nerf now. It's only by about 3% or so but still.

Sneeze
May 20th, 2010, 04:20 AM
I'm glad I rarely play pyro, they're screwing around with him/her/it so much lately it's insane.

I've not bothered skinning TF2, I had a few skins for CSS but nothing to special, can never be bothered to do it, all the weapons and hats look fine to me anyway, save for the ambassadors reload animation.

PkMnTrainer Yellow
May 20th, 2010, 06:59 AM
Indeed. It's nice to actually be considered a threat at close range again. Also, backburner actually does MORE damage than it did before the initial flamethrower damage nerf now. It's only by about 3% or so but still.

They could have found a better way to balance, imo. In my opinion since Pyro is so easy to play, it should in fact lose against any good heavy/soldier/demoman in a close range faceoff. I left out Engineer because he's meant to be underpowered alone and Scout because the scout has running speed and can easily keep range if he knows the pyro is there, therefore not needing to be able to be better at close range.

I would've much rather have seen an increased burn time or increased burn damage. but increased flame damage? Meh. Back to having to go heavy/soldier to stand a chance at surviving a corner camping pyro.

Munch Dog
May 20th, 2010, 01:49 PM
They could have found a better way to balance, imo. In my opinion since Pyro is so easy to play, it should in fact lose against any good heavy/soldier/demoman in a close range faceoff. I left out Engineer because he's meant to be underpowered alone and Scout because the scout has running speed and can easily keep range if he knows the pyro is there, therefore not needing to be able to be better at close range.

I would've much rather have seen an increased burn time or increased burn damage. but increased flame damage? Meh. Back to having to go heavy/soldier to stand a chance at surviving a corner camping pyro.
With the exception of heavy, your claim that a pyro should lose close range is well... completely absurd and wrong in every possible way to be wrong. The pyro is supposed to be the best class at close range which is why the pyro has nothing that's very effective over long range (the flaregun doesn't count because even though it's useful it's not powerful at all), and getting close enough to any enemy with a mid to long range weapon as a primary (essentially EVERY class except pyro) isn't as easy as you'd like to believe. If a pyro is able to get you in his range then you should die, and if you're getting killed by pyros that are charging headfirst into you in plain sight, you're just bad.

Zet
May 21st, 2010, 10:07 PM
With the exception of heavy, your claim that a pyro should lose close range is well... completely absurd and wrong in every possible way to be wrong. The pyro is supposed to be the best class at close range which is why the pyro has nothing that's very effective over long range (the flaregun doesn't count because even though it's useful it's not powerful at all), and getting close enough to any enemy with a mid to long range weapon as a primary (essentially EVERY class except pyro) isn't as easy as you'd like to believe. If a pyro is able to get you in his range then you should die, and if you're getting killed by pyros that are charging headfirst into you in plain sight, you're just bad.

Flare guns are actually good for mid-long range attacks now since they do crit hits.

Munch Dog
May 21st, 2010, 10:13 PM
But that's only if they're already on fire.

blaze_the_cat
May 21st, 2010, 10:41 PM
Agh!

I crafted my metal into a stupid Tippler's Tricorne.

Worst hat ever.

May 22nd, 2010, 02:13 AM
It sure ain't no Hustler's hallmark.

Kalsard
May 22nd, 2010, 03:48 AM
:( Bad luck.
I feel sad when I think of all the metal I wasted crafting 3 for 1 scrap metal.
Now It's 2..
X_X

blaze_the_cat
May 22nd, 2010, 03:53 AM
Damn right. I should have waited.

One more refined metal, and i was guaranteed a Heavy hat.

I must go to my corner, and cry into my sandvich, making it soggy and unsavory.

Theodore Bruno
May 22nd, 2010, 05:00 AM
Agh!

I crafted my metal into a stupid Tippler's Tricorne.

Worst hat ever.
I think the worst hats are the hatless hats.

blaze_the_cat
May 22nd, 2010, 05:12 AM
Yeh, it could have been worse.

A HotRod would have been totally sick.

Theodore Bruno
May 22nd, 2010, 05:40 AM
And as long as we're on the crafting subject
Krtizkrieg+Bonk Soda=Kritz-a-Cola
Huntsman+Dead Ringer= The new Sniper's knife
Jarate+ Axestuingsher=New Demo Axe

Munch Dog
May 22nd, 2010, 07:25 AM
The crafting combination for the new demo axe puts terrible things into my head.

And I got my second refined metal like... yesterday or something, I still need two more if I want my pyro hat. I hope I get the fireman helmet.

May 22nd, 2010, 08:58 AM
I crafted all of my hats into a Hustler's hallmark two months ago.
I don't regret it.

Ven
May 22nd, 2010, 09:00 AM
A thread for TF2.
*cries*

Oh how I love this game, although It's not nearly entertaining for me as it is for you guys,
Since my graphics card has the power of a three year old ballet dancer.
I've been subdued to playing the console version :'(

Munch Dog
May 22nd, 2010, 01:01 PM
I don't even consider the console version to be TF2 anymore.

Because it isn't.

Sneeze
May 22nd, 2010, 01:54 PM
I'm saving up refined metal now, my initial plan was to get a spy hat but I'm playing spy less nowadays so my opt for soldier first instead (hoping for stainless pot). I'll see how I feel in two more metals' time.

Edit, I tried the 360 version once at a friends and its terrible, it handles like hell, lags to **** and I could barely even get a single backstab, how anyone can play it is beyind me. 3: Plus, no updates. D:

blaze_the_cat
May 22nd, 2010, 05:58 PM
BTW, on crafting:

Bonk! + Bonk! + Batter's Helmet = Bonk! Helmet

MuRd3riNGQu33nX
May 22nd, 2010, 06:27 PM
I here the PC community is the strongest, anyone here play on the PS3? my pc most likely won't run it and I'm on PSN more than Live. How is the PS3 community for TF2?

Kalsard
May 22nd, 2010, 09:46 PM
Any opinions on the new Demo Axe or the new Sniper knife? I want to see if its worth smelting my items into. Thanks :P

blaze_the_cat
May 23rd, 2010, 01:43 AM
I have Xbox Tf2 as well as PC.

Ven
May 23rd, 2010, 11:27 AM
The ps3 community sucks, it's full of freaking snipers, engineers and soldiers.
There is no strategy involved whatsoever.

KAZillonaire
May 23rd, 2010, 12:53 PM
"You did GOOD!"
"Nom. Nom. Nom."

-Heavy Weapons Guy (HW Guy)

robobbiebob
May 23rd, 2010, 01:29 PM
For people who worrie there laptop wont run team fortress 2 there are files you can get that wil lower the graphics to make it runnable on any PC, i use one and its works aswell as my friends Gameing laptop

blaze_the_cat
May 24th, 2010, 12:38 AM
"You did GOOD!"
"Nom. Nom. Nom."

-Heavy Weapons Guy (HW Guy)

"What wuz dat sandvich? Kill zem all! Good idea! Hahaah!"

PkMnTrainer Yellow
May 25th, 2010, 06:37 AM

I disagree and find the way your phrased that in poor taste. All it takes is a corner camp to get a kill with almost no skill involved the way you imagine it. And quite frankly, the Pyro has always been inferior to the Soldier at close range (Try puffing a rocket at flamethrower range, it will not work well.) Just because The Pyro is an offensive close range class doesn't mean it should be the best vs defensive classes at close range.

With me, Pyros have always been a, keep your guard up and they're screwed, but if you let them have one bit of luck, you're screwed kind of deal.

This impacts the game experience if anything for me, as I don't find luck of surprise a very satisfying way to kill or be killed.
^
Fyi, this applies to the sniper too, and why I have a love hate relationship with that class.

Munch Dog
May 25th, 2010, 10:31 AM
I disagree and find the way your phrased that in poor taste. All it takes is a corner camp to get a kill with almost no skill involved the way you imagine it. And quite frankly, the Pyro has always been inferior to the Soldier at close range (Try puffing a rocket at flamethrower range, it will not work well.) Just because The Pyro is an offensive close range class doesn't mean it should be the best vs defensive classes at close range.

With me, Pyros have always been a, keep your guard up and they're screwed, but if you let them have one bit of luck, you're screwed kind of deal.

This impacts the game experience if anything for me, as I don't find luck of surprise a very satisfying way to kill or be killed.
^
Fyi, this applies to the sniper too, and why I have a love hate relationship with that class.
Like most people that complain about the pyro, you really don't know how the class works. It does take some skill and quick thinking to set up an effective ambush on the fly. It also requires you being able to predict your opponent's actions. If you can't set up an effective ambush or find a way to get close to your target without being noticed, you get ripped to shreds most of the time, and with the pyro's average running speed and no extra mobility options (like how scout has double jump and soldier has rocket jump) closing the gap on most classes isn't always easy. The skill lies more in actually getting your target within the pyro's burning range. And your "corner camping" argument is invalid because you can pretty much do the same thing with any class, especially with the demo and his stickies. If you want to complain about a "luck" based class, look at spy. But please, humor me, if the pyro can't be effective at the range he's SUPPOSED to be effective in, then tell me how the pyro SHOULD be effective. And don't say be a supportive class, Valve already tried that, and they failed.

Aether
May 25th, 2010, 12:56 PM
I have some 300 hours logged into this game, possibly the best online multiplayer game I've ever played. O.O

Anyone feel like the soldier becomes so much easier if you switch to the regular rocket launcher after using the Direct Hit for a while? It takes no effort to kill with it at all.

PkMnTrainer Yellow
May 25th, 2010, 01:34 PM
Like most people that complain about the pyro, you really don't know how the class works. It does take some skill and quick thinking to set up an effective ambush on the fly. It also requires you being able to predict your opponent's actions. If you can't set up an effective ambush or find a way to get close to your target without being noticed, you get ripped to shreds most of the time

Excuse me excuse me hold on.

You just said camping takes skill, and admitted that you have difficulty doing it, less you have the gall to speak for someone else when you said most of the time you get ripped apart.

Kinda seems like evidence against yourself, on the contrary. Either I'm a genius or you're the one that doesn't know how the class works.

Because I can do it very easily.

Also, The Spy? The Spy is based on trickery, not luck. There's a big difference between rolling dice (luck) and poker (Not that simple). Somehow I imagine you're not a very good spy, either.

Your argument is weak. Official TF2 maps are fairly linear. There is one or two bottlenecked ways to get to where you need to go, three at MAX. It's not hard at ALL to find a small place to camp where people are BOUND to come through continuously through the match.

Do you play a lot of Mario Kart? =/ Perhaps achievement servers? Because those are not valid maps to base skill on, obviously, since they're so different from official maps.

And Demoman are a defensive classes. They are meant for camping. Bad comparison.

The Pyro is an offensive class. So why does it function best camping, or "ambushing" as you so call it?

Munch Dog
May 25th, 2010, 02:56 PM
Excuse me excuse me hold on.

You just said camping takes skill, and admitted that you have difficulty doing it, less you have the gall to speak for someone else when you said most of the time you get ripped apart.

Kinda seems like evidence against yourself, on the contrary. Either I'm a genius or you're the one that doesn't know how the class works.

Because I can do it very easily.

Also, The Spy? The Spy is based on trickery, not luck. There's a big difference between rolling dice (luck) and poker (Not that simple). Somehow I imagine you're not a very good spy, either.

Your argument is weak. Official TF2 maps are fairly linear. There is one or two bottlenecked ways to get to where you need to go, three at MAX. It's not hard at ALL to find a small place to camp where people are BOUND to come through continuously through the match.

Do you play a lot of Mario Kart? =/ Perhaps achievement servers? Because those are not valid maps to base skill on, obviously, since they're so different from official maps.

And Demoman are a defensive classes. They are meant for camping. Bad comparison.

The Pyro is an offensive class. So why does it function best camping, or "ambushing" as you so call it?
Did I say anything about camping? No, when I play pyro, I never camp, I'm always moving around looking for a target. Camping is boring, and really is not productive at all. You're the only one complaining about camping, which ANY class can do just as easily as the pyro (except for scout, but if you're camping as a scout then why are you playing as him at all?) so I don't know why you're only complaining about him. Your entire argument is based around camping which is not part of playing pyro at all and any half decent player would know that, so please stop assuming that is what I'm doing and actually pay attention to what I'm saying. And if you REALLY knew how to play demoman, you'd know that there are much better ways to play him than camping behind a door and spamming stickies all over it.

Zet
May 25th, 2010, 04:52 PM
I camp as pyro, gets me lots of kills, hur hur -shot-

Aether
May 25th, 2010, 05:34 PM
Camping with Pyro is fun... until the heavy turns around.

Not even Pyro can outsmart boolet.

blaze_the_cat
May 25th, 2010, 09:58 PM
I camp as pyro, gets me lots of kills, hur hur -shot-

Oh you, will you ever learn? :D

I always loving punching Pyro's to death.

Zet
May 25th, 2010, 10:11 PM
flare gun does a decent amount of damage now and it also crits from mid to long range.

May 26th, 2010, 05:08 AM
Camping with Pyro is fun... until the heavy turns around.

Not even Pyro can outsmart boolet.
1. Circle the Heavy
2. ???
3. Profit!

PkMnTrainer Yellow
May 26th, 2010, 05:58 AM
Did I say anything about camping? No

Yes, you did.

It does take some skill and quick thinking to set up an effective ambush on the fly

Definition of ambush: To wait in hiding to attack.

1. wait in hiding to attack
2. the act of concealing yourself and lying in wait to attack by surprise

In video gaming, camping is a tactic of waiting for enemies or useful objects to appear or to come to the player rather than actively seeking them out. Players camp in order to gain an advantage over their opponents.

Ambushing is automatically camping by definition in video games. In fact, it's a euphemism the way you're using it. Some people consider using a euphemism lying, you know.

an inoffensive or indirect expression that is substituted for one that is considered offensive or too harsh

I'm... honestly finding a lack of a point to your post. Perhaps you should ask someone to help you out?

---

I sneak up on people as the Heavy for lulz.

May 26th, 2010, 06:47 AM
Kindly take your argument to VMs or PMs.

Aether
May 26th, 2010, 02:15 PM
1. Circle the Heavy
2. ???
3. Profit!

That works if the Heavy doesn't know how to follow the Pyro around his circle with the minigun. The best way for a Pyro to take out a Heavy is to surprise him with the Backburner IMO.

Kalsard
May 26th, 2010, 10:20 PM
Yes, but backburner is a weird item. Compression blast is EXTREMELY useful in lots of situations. Saving medics ( Yes I know this is support), or bumping people over the edge to let them die. :P
Fire Axe'ing heavy might be good, which I have done lots of times. Well, until a Pyro extinguished the heavy just before I axed him. =(
Heavy turned around, and dead me.

Aether
May 27th, 2010, 03:05 PM
I agree that the airblast flamethrower is a lot more useful. Especially now that it minicrits when it reflects projectiles. And it's just stupid on maps that have bottomless pits, Pyros can just airblast people off of cliffs.

Kalsard
May 29th, 2010, 05:25 AM
Well, it's not that easy to compress somebody over a cliff, is it? Granted, if you surprise them it's quite easy, but then again if you just attacked them from surprise you'll normally get the kill anyway, the fall over the edge is just more amusing. ^^ Running up to them is the hardest part I think. This point may be debatable though.

Jarate
May 29th, 2010, 06:24 AM
I agree that the airblast flamethrower is a lot more useful. Especially now that it minicrits when it reflects projectiles. And it's just stupid on maps that have bottomless pits, Pyros can just airblast people off of cliffs.

This.

Vanilla Flamethrower on Steel is crazy at the main point, just push off people who are trying to cap, and reflect whatever the Soldiers and Demos toss at you from across the Gap.

As for Heavy? Flamethrower + Quick Switch to Axetinguisher works quite nicely. Better than the Backburner. This is starting to make me miss my Axetinguisher CURSE YOU SCOTSMANS SKULL CUTTER ;_;

May 29th, 2010, 08:36 AM
Just so you know, the vanilla Flamethrower did not have airblast.

Leophard
May 29th, 2010, 09:29 AM
Meh, I'm not really good at playing a Pyro... I prefer playing classes which can just kill characters instead of having to hit-and-run, and then hope you happen to get a few kills.
No, a good class for me is definitely the Spy. I've got over 40 hours of playtime on that class now, and I'm already notorious on the saigns.de servers for my spawncamping! Then again, it's pretty easy if you've got Premium and know where the medkits are...

Without premium though, I'm relatively good at playing a Soldier, especially now that I've got the Gunboats!

Kalsard
May 29th, 2010, 03:02 PM
Gunboats aren't that great. The secondary weapon of a shotgun is pretty handy against the pyros who stand around waiting for you to fire your rocket.

blaze_the_cat
May 29th, 2010, 05:15 PM
Gunboats are pretty useful on maps like 2fort, where they are great for surprising the enemy on their battlements.

Aether
May 29th, 2010, 07:28 PM
I prefer to use the Buff Banner, at least on payload maps. It can really decide a push, and it's deadly when combined with an uber.

Jarate
May 30th, 2010, 06:53 AM
I think the Gunboats are useful most anywhere. As they give you the ability to just Rocket Jump yourself across the map as transport, and have no fear for damage. Plus, Airborne assaults usually provide for interesting battles, and the Gunboats will help you win them by sending you there with more health.

What are everyone's thoughts on the Pain Train? On CP/Payload maps is it worth it to lose the Equalizer for escaping as Soldier, or the Ability to charge into the Point with the Skullcutter/Eyelander for the kill?

Kalsard
May 31st, 2010, 03:47 AM
I don't know about the Pain Train. It doesn't have much of a special ability to it but take more damage. The faster cap is helpful I guess, but I never really found myself needing it. As for the gunboats, what happens when you're out of rocket ammo? I guess I could say things for every situation though. =\

Amachi
May 31st, 2010, 03:53 AM
I don't know about the Pain Train. It doesn't have much of a special ability to it but take more damage. The faster cap is helpful I guess, but I never really found myself needing it. As for the gunboats, what happens when you're out of rocket ammo? I guess I could say things for every situation though. =\
Wow, you have no idea.

The pain train is great on the demo because it essentially turns him into a "scout" - he can travel much further and faster than the Scout with his sticky bombs, and upon arriving at a point he can set up and defend it while capturing.

lol you'd switch to your melee weapon, duh.

Kalsard
May 31st, 2010, 08:02 PM
><
What if they aren't too close, I find myself using it many times when there is no time to reload and they are a decent distance away.
And you set up a good reason to use the Pain Train, I might try using it some more. ^^

Aether
June 1st, 2010, 07:16 PM
I much prefer the Headcutter, its speed nerf is nothing when you've got the Targe. It does increased damage and can crit too, unlike the Eyelander.

blaze_the_cat
June 2nd, 2010, 01:39 AM
Huzzah! I went on Tf2 today, and i had found a Vintage Tyrolean. I crafted it with the Tippler's Tricorne, and got a Sergeant's Drill Hat! Win!

Munch Dog
June 2nd, 2010, 05:37 AM
I finally got the Scottish Resistance through a drop today. It was the only weapon I hadn't gotten that came out in the WAR update. Too bad I hardly ever play demo.

Kalsard
June 5th, 2010, 04:54 PM
Demo is cool to play with. I mess around as a demoknight but I think stickies are still preferred.
What about melee though?
Would it be a good idea to replace the bottle with the axe if you're playing as a sticky Demo? The speed debuff is bad, but the damage might be useful...

blaze_the_cat
June 7th, 2010, 02:36 AM
The best thing since sliced....sandvich?

Kalsard
June 7th, 2010, 10:14 PM
Hmm, wish there were more players in the Australia region. Most of the time servers are completely full or close to empty. =\
There are a lot more servers in the U.S, obviously, but when I change my region from everywhere to Australia it goes from >548 to 43 .
I guess 43 is enough, you can call me whiney though. :P
Trying to find something to talk about after the sliced sandvich comment, how do I reply to that?

No, it's definitely sliced head off an eyelander...
Eyelander vs Axe with Charge'n'Targe equipped?
And do you think it's worthwhile to use Axe when not using Charge'n'Targe?
The drop in speed is annoying, and I believe that you need to run fast with stickies, but I want to see someone else's opinion.
Thanks for reading...if you even do. ^^

Zet
June 7th, 2010, 10:47 PM
Hmm, wish there were more players in the Australia region. Most of the time servers are completely full or close to empty. =\
There are a lot more servers in the U.S, obviously, but when I change my region from everywhere to Australia it goes from >548 to 43 .
I guess 43 is enough, you can call me whiney though. :P
Trying to find something to talk about after the sliced sandvich comment, how do I reply to that?

No, it's definitely sliced head off an eyelander...
Eyelander vs Axe with Charge'n'Targe equipped?
And do you think it's worthwhile to use Axe when not using Charge'n'Targe?
The drop in speed is annoying, and I believe that you need to run fast with stickies, but I want to see someone else's opinion.
Thanks for reading...if you even do. ^^
surf-infamous usually has quite a few aussie players.... and NZ players as well

Hiroshi Sotomura
June 8th, 2010, 05:12 AM
Hmm, wish there were more players in the Australia region.
Really, now? Depending on the time you come in, there's tons of TF2 servers that are active and sometimes filled to the brim with players. There's rarely a time I come across a server with nobody in them, but if you find full servers, just try to queue for a server so that you can get on it by having Steam automatically join you when a slot is free.

But then again, I play during the night and weekends, and sometimes I'm really just lucky to get on my favourite servers.

Kalsard
June 8th, 2010, 09:19 PM
Yeah, I guess. I don't need 500 players to be playing on Australian servers. I see new people all the time (unless they're changing their username).
Most of the time though, I just queue for instant respawn Max 2 Engi Dustbowl, although the instant respawn gives an advantage to red, sometimes I win on blue. :)
Gotta hate that last Dustbowl map though with the bridge to the last point. =\
That map always makes me feel sad.

Munch Dog
June 9th, 2010, 12:58 AM
Instant respawn is terrible. Especially on maps like dustbowl or any ctf map.

RTHookers
June 9th, 2010, 02:30 AM
Instaspawn is awful on any map ^. Except fun maps. Anyone tried that spinning cube? I WANT THIS TO BE OFFICIAL!

@Kalsard
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y009oQEa8d8

Kalsard
June 9th, 2010, 02:46 AM
Roflmao that video is funny. And it sums up everything about Dustbowl final map. ><
^^

RTHookers
June 9th, 2010, 09:25 AM
Yeah it's almost impossible I mean you destroy one sentry good luck trying to get rid of the others. I think I could do with demo but I suck with demo anyways.

Theodore Bruno
June 10th, 2010, 12:54 PM
http://www.teamfortress.com/macupdate/
Look at Engie's shotgun
http://www.teamfortress.com/macupdate/earbuds/
Was to be expected

Aether
June 10th, 2010, 02:57 PM
I was extremely surprised that the BLU heavy didn't die in that video. The BLU heavy dies in EVERY video.

Hiroshi Sotomura
June 10th, 2010, 02:59 PM
http://www.teamfortress.com/macupdate/
Look at Engie's shotgun
http://www.teamfortress.com/macupdate/earbuds/
Was to be expected
Man I totally called on that to #tpc before it actually happened. Go me!

Theodore Bruno
June 10th, 2010, 03:35 PM
I'm tempted to get VMWare and OSX just so I can get the earbuds. For my Sniper. Gibus+Earbuds+Bodyshots only=Maximum Rage from players

Jeremy
June 10th, 2010, 03:47 PM
I'm tempted to get VMWare and OSX just so I can get the earbuds. For my Sniper. Gibus+Earbuds+Bodyshots only=Maximum Rage from players

Tempted sweetie? *Is currently downloading them.* XD

And as for the Engie's shotgun, should we be expecting the Engie update next? =D

Theodore Bruno
June 10th, 2010, 04:04 PM
Tempted sweetie? *Is currently downloading them.* XD

And as for the Engie's shotgun, should we be expecting the Engie update next? =D
Yeah, normally I might, but it'll take a long time just to do it.
Download OS
Install it using VMWare
Download Steam and TF2
But, I have a lot of so I guess I might try it.

Engie update should come out soon. Hopefully next Thursday at the latest.

Munch Dog
June 10th, 2010, 06:31 PM
Who knows when the Engie update will be out. You can expect nearly a week's worth of hype before it does though. And valve likes to tease it's new weapons before they come out, they did the same thing with the pyro's flaregun in Meet the Sniper.

Silver
June 10th, 2010, 07:15 PM
finally no more booting into bootcamp to play tf2. hurrah.

Zet
June 10th, 2010, 07:57 PM
Screw it, I don't need earbuds to look cool. Engineer update will replace them.

Kalsard
June 11th, 2010, 02:52 AM
Still, it's a free item.
Wonder why they would do that =X
The new UI log in screen is pretty interesting. A bit too many things wanting to pop into my eye though.
The tutorials are interesting though. ^^
The Mac Trailer looked really cool and the Engineer's shotgun looks really interesting too. Hope it turns out great, the engi is a fun class to play.

Jeremy
June 11th, 2010, 06:55 AM
Speaking of the Engie update, I hope the new weapons will help my Battle Engie playing style. XD

Oh, I wonder if we'll get met the Pyro next, since, well to me, the Engie and Pyro seem like good friends.

Zet
June 11th, 2010, 06:49 PM
People are getting banned from servers because of the earbuds.

Silver
June 11th, 2010, 06:55 PM
People are getting banned from servers because of the earbuds.

Why would servers be banning people for the earbuds?

Theodore Bruno
June 11th, 2010, 07:12 PM
Most PC users are elitists jerks. Kinda like how a lot of Mac users are pretentious hipsters.

Munch Dog
June 11th, 2010, 07:18 PM

Because a lot of TF2 players are douchebags. It's just like the crap with the Halos and Medals.

blaze_the_cat
June 12th, 2010, 04:57 AM
Best. Dropday. Ever.

First, in a random drop, i got a Backbiter's Billycock. Awesome hat, but i crafted it with my Drill Hat and got a Hound Dog of which i am very proud.

Then, about 2 hours later, another drop netted me a Killer's Kabuto.

Brilliant!

Great Mazinger
June 12th, 2010, 05:07 AM

Barely visible cosmetic items in cartoon shooters are a serious topic, and one that cannot be taken at all lightly.

Zet
June 12th, 2010, 10:12 PM
Best. Dropday. Ever.

First, in a random drop, i got a Backbiter's Billycock. Awesome hat, but i crafted it with my Drill Hat and got a Hound Dog of which i am very proud.

Then, about 2 hours later, another drop netted me a Killer's Kabuto.

Brilliant!
All I got today were weapon drops :(

Ghastly Gibs is my only hat, I was kinda hoping that I would eventually get a hat drop one day, but I don't see it coming any time soon.

Kalsard
June 12th, 2010, 10:17 PM
Lol, my first hat drop took ages, and it was the ENT Mirror for the Medic. Still, at least it was a hat, but I think I'll craft it with my Bald hat for engi. Think it's a good idea? ;P

blaze_the_cat
June 12th, 2010, 11:07 PM
Tf2 takes so long to open and close, and one of my friends sent me a picture request on MSN, which made it close. That takes 15 minutes from when it starts, to when my computer runs smoothly.

So now, instead of wasting time connecting to servers and stuff, im just gong to idle. I think i may have hit my item limit though.

Zet
June 12th, 2010, 11:12 PM
I've noticed how slow TF2 has been performing after the update, and wonder if it's because of Mac users or adding all the new stuff to the game.

blaze_the_cat
June 13th, 2010, 12:18 AM
Ive always had problems with speed.

And connecting. On all servers, i have to connect until it says "Sending Client Info", then i have to cancel, and do it again.

But now, since the Mac update, alot of my favorite servers kick me, with the message "Disconnect: Connection Loosing too many Packets."

Theodore Bruno
June 13th, 2010, 01:53 AM
It's trolling time, guys. Just gotta find the Mac hating servers...
http://img517.imageshack.us/img517/6104/probodyshotter.jpg

Zet
June 13th, 2010, 02:06 AM
It's trolling time, guys. Just gotta find the Mac hating servers...
http://img517.imageshack.us/img517/6104/probodyshotter.jpg

Nice to know you got the earbuds, did using VMware work well enough or did you use something like iDeneb?

Theodore Bruno
June 13th, 2010, 02:16 AM
Nice to know you got the earbuds, did using VMware work well enough or did you use something like iDeneb?
I had a friend log onto my account with his Mac. After several tries and failed attempts with VMWare, I gave up.

Kalsard
June 13th, 2010, 02:59 AM
;( All my friends have Windows. Anyway, it seems to be that my TF2 is launching faster. It launches in 3 seconds compared to 10 seconds before. I'm not experiencing too much lag on TF2. Are you guys lagging from fps or internet?

blaze_the_cat
June 13th, 2010, 05:37 PM
I got someone to get the Buds for me.

Course, it required giving out my pass to a complete stranger, but he did it, and didnt change my pass or anything.

Still are some good people around.

PkMnTrainer Yellow
June 14th, 2010, 06:37 AM
Because a lot of TF2 players are douchebags. It's just like the crap with the Halos and Medals.

While I do not personally support anything that makes me jealous, I do agree that people take it way too seriously.

Except the banning people who use earbuds. Saw it coming. Not surprised.

Munch Dog
June 17th, 2010, 01:07 PM
While I do not personally support anything that makes me jealous, I do agree that people take it way too seriously.

Except the banning people who use earbuds. Saw it coming. Not surprised.

Me neither, but that doesn't make it any less stupid.

June 17th, 2010, 03:39 PM
I enjoy my Max's Severed Head and Earbuds.
Sam & Max (and TF2) is awesome, although I'm holding out on playing the games until all of season 3 is out.

Munch Dog
June 17th, 2010, 04:10 PM
Yeah, I have the Sam and Max stuff too, they're nice. And wow, season 3 has been pretty awesome so far, I can't wait for this month's release, but we should probably make our own thread about that or get back on the discussion of TF2 before we get too sidetracked. :p

Ven
June 17th, 2010, 05:11 PM
http://www.gamesradar.com/f/e3-2010-why-valve-on-the-ps3-can-change-everything/a-2010061712822911068
omgwtfbbq

blaze_the_cat
June 18th, 2010, 04:15 AM
Just got Heavy Duty Rag in a Drop.

Crafted with the terrible Baker Boy, and got Ze Goggles.

Zet
June 18th, 2010, 04:31 AM
I enjoy my Max's Severed Head and Earbuds.
Sam & Max (and TF2) is awesome, although I'm holding out on playing the games until all of season 3 is out.

I wish I bought Sam & Max when you could still get the items, didn't know how great the games were until I download "Sam & Max Episode 104: Abe Lincoln must die!"

I hope there will be a blog post soon about the engie update, I really hate checking the site everyday just to see if anything has been updated.

RTHookers
June 18th, 2010, 05:35 AM
Engie update would be nice. Finally some people will build dispensers / teles and actually support the team and not idle somewhere with their sentry yelling "PROTECT ME IDIOT NOOBS" lol. Meybe they'll do something for ninjaneer.

PkMnTrainer Yellow
June 18th, 2010, 06:19 AM
I feel like Pyros do more damage at close range than they used to. I can only proskillz them as a soldier half the time now as opposed to most of the time.

That or people in general suddenly learned how to aim better. ;/

Munch Dog
June 18th, 2010, 06:46 AM
I feel like Pyros do more damage at close range than they used to. I can only proskillz them as a soldier half the time now as opposed to most of the time.

That or people in general suddenly learned how to aim better. ;/

Depends on which flamer they're using. The Backburner actually DOES do slightly more damage than it did before all those crazy nerfs last month (by about 3%-4%) While the normal flamethrower still does 10% less.

Kalsard
June 18th, 2010, 05:46 PM
Most people are still using the flamethrower though from what I can see after playing for a while. When a pyro sneaks up on me, usually both of us die by me just aiming at the ground. ;)

Munch Dog
June 18th, 2010, 06:13 PM
Despite the lower damage output, the flamethrower really is still the better choice due to the versatility of the airblast. The only time I ever use the backburner is when I'm on a map where I can easily get around the enemy like Gravelpit or Junction. It can also be good when defending on certain payload maps, especially since people don't ever bother to look behind them while they're pushing the cart making them very easy targets for your back crits.

Kalsard
June 18th, 2010, 09:13 PM
Yeah...don't you hate it when you're on fire and about to die and you run to a pyro, just to find out he has backburner (or is a newb, or just being idiotic). It's really annoying. =\
I never use backburner anymore because extinguishing medics is fun to do along with compressing ubers.

PkMnTrainer Yellow
June 20th, 2010, 11:11 AM
My question is why does the same gas Pyros use to burn people put out fire. B|

RTHookers
June 20th, 2010, 11:16 AM
Ughh... strong air blast?

Theodore Bruno
June 20th, 2010, 12:07 PM
My question is why does the same gas Pyros use to burn people put out fire. B|
It's just compressed air.

Kalsard
June 22nd, 2010, 01:59 AM
The real question is why your team mates do not bounce backwards. If the effect of putting out the gas should put them out.
But then again, when you compression an enemy, they don't get extinguished.
It doesn't really matter, as long as it works.
And it does.

Theodore Bruno
June 22nd, 2010, 02:02 AM
The real question is why your team mates do not bounce backwards. If the effect of putting out the gas should put them out.
But then again, when you compression an enemy, they don't get extinguished.
It doesn't really matter, as long as it works.
And it does.
I could imagine how frustrating that could be.

YO PUT ME OUT I'M DIE-YEN HERE!
*Pushes Scout off a cliff, he dies*
*Banned for griefing*
:I

Zet
July 6th, 2010, 02:26 AM
Hey guys, engie update this Thursday and also you could be lucky enough to get a gold wrench from crafting to keep forever, though there's only 100 so once they're gone I doubt they will return any time soon :(

July 8th, 2010, 02:33 PM
Only 1 Golden Wrench left until the Engineer update hits.

Theodore Bruno
July 8th, 2010, 04:21 PM
Okay, update is now live. Downloading it now. Can't wait til I get the new items, all of them are really good.

blaze_the_cat
July 10th, 2010, 05:17 AM
The new items are brilliant!

The mini sentry is awesome, and useful! The Wrangler i only just got, so i dont know much about it, but the Metal hand is sick!

Jeremy
July 10th, 2010, 07:49 AM
I freaking love the Frontier Justice and Gunslinger, sweeties! X3 Well since the Engie has been my favorite class, and I always go Battle Engie, these new items make it even better to play Battle Engie.

The mini-sentries I love the most since all I ever wanted when I play Battle Engie is to have my level 1 sentry deploy quickly while I shoot down the my enemies. Now with the mini-sentries, I can be more efficient when going the battle field. Also the fact the mini-sentries deploy with full health makes them a great distraction. Now when I see an enemy heading my way, I just deploy the sentry in front of them. They normally start shooting my sentry first, so I start shooting them with my Frontier Justice and let my mini-sentry finish them off.

Oh random question for thought sweeties; has the Engie has always had a prosthesis and covered it up with a glove and then revealed it once he modified with his Grandfather's blueprints, or has he just recently sawed off his arm?

Edit: i forgot to mention how awesome it was to finally being able to move your sentries now. This is great! =D

Theodore Bruno
July 15th, 2010, 01:23 PM
The Polycount winners were just announced. Shame only 5 classes won.