View Full Version : How strong is your immune system?

March 24th, 2010, 1:27 PM
Heya everyone,

I wanna know how strong your immunity system is,
Heres how strong mine is: Once my mum had swine flu for a week i was around her for ages a day and nothing happened and when my sister had gastroflu she has to sleep in my bed and im always around her coz shes annoying and always wats me to do stuff and nothing!

Bring it on sickness

March 24th, 2010, 1:32 PM
Thank god, my immune system is quite strong.
I rarely get sick (about once per year). Also, I never caught the swine flu, despite the fact that almost all of my classmates were infected.

March 24th, 2010, 1:38 PM
I can take on the strong stuff, but I'm no match for the common cold. >_>

I remember I once walked 4 blocks in the heavy rain with only a fleece jacket to drop my friend of at the train. And then I faked getting sick and told her over AIM. She got so sad. xD

I usually get a cold every 3 months...

March 24th, 2010, 1:51 PM
I only get sick about twice per year... And it mainly has to due with allergies from the changes in seasons. It's the worst kind of sick though, like... really swollen throat, etc.

March 24th, 2010, 1:58 PM
I would have to stay that my immune system is pretty strong seeing as how I rarely get sick but I do get the average headache now and then(if you can count them being as sick).

March 24th, 2010, 2:00 PM
Other than my wisdom teeth being removed, I've gotten sick once or twice in the past 5 years. Apparently, I just don't get sick where I live... I wasn't always this healthy.

March 24th, 2010, 2:09 PM
Ha ha, I rarely get sick. However, when I do, it always start off with a big bang. Mind you, I get sick about once or twice a year. Every time I do fall ill, it's always a major headache, vomiting, high fever, etc.

Luckily, I didn't get the H1N1 virus, even though most of my school was infected.

Jude Mathis
March 24th, 2010, 2:18 PM
My immune system sucks.. XD

Seems like I'm sick all the time, even though during the summer it's mostly my allergies, but during the times of the year when the cold, and flu viruses are spreading around I always catch it eventually. = =;

March 24th, 2010, 2:32 PM
I get annoying colds often during the winter (oh norway, dang you norway and your freakishly cold environment!), but I have no allergies, I didn't get infected by swine flu (quite a few of my classmates got infected), and besides from colds, i'm rarely ever sick, so i'd say my immune system is pretty good.

March 24th, 2010, 2:38 PM
the one that i didnt mind was my cold i got last month, between the one i hated and didnt mind was gastroflu when i was 1-6 and the one i hated most was tonsilitus last year

.little monster
March 24th, 2010, 2:50 PM
I get sick around once or twice a year, actually sick that is. I don't count colds, because everyone gets them a decent amount of times a year? D:

When I am sick..it's real bad. D: The last time I was sick, in December, I had to suck on ice cubes because I couldn't actually swallow a gulp of water and keep it down. I puked so much I puked up stomach bile. It was yellow and tasty.

March 24th, 2010, 5:09 PM
I have allergies all year round, it sucks =\ but I'm used to it. Other than that so far I've only been really sick twice this year.
I think that's pretty decent in comparison to some of my friends who seem to get sick every month from whatever.

March 24th, 2010, 5:16 PM
I would have to stay that my immune system is pretty strong seeing as how I rarely get sick but I do get the average headache now and then(if you can count them being as sick).

Wait, those count? 0_0

Then my immune system sucks, like, big time. But counting actual sicknesses that can derail me from my work, I rarely get them.

I once got stomach flu a few years ago, which sucked a lot, but besides that it's just 24-hour colds several months apart that go away once I hack up whatever got into my system.

Mario The World Champion
March 24th, 2010, 5:25 PM
I guess my immune system is strong. I never got the flu before, plus I didn't get hit with swine flu as well.

March 24th, 2010, 5:29 PM
I've only gotten the flu once (I think) and I didn't get the swine flu even though a lot of people were absent in my classes. I really don't get sick often, only about 2-3 times a year =p

March 24th, 2010, 5:48 PM
when swine flu was spreading really only 12 people where in my class lol

Zeta Patchouli
March 24th, 2010, 6:05 PM
I was sick for about a year, non stop. It's not fun. That right there should tell you how strong my immune system is. And every year, I always get sick in the fall.

I hate my immune system, if someone has a stronger one, I'll trade you.

March 24th, 2010, 6:12 PM
I rarely ever get sick, but when I do It's really bad and lasts for a while. I didn't get the swine flu though.

March 24th, 2010, 7:01 PM
I get the cold like once a year; the only thing I get occasionally is strep throat, which is hell.

March 25th, 2010, 12:59 AM
Curtis has always got a cold..which really sucks for the litte squirrel.

Ninja Caterpie
March 25th, 2010, 1:04 AM
I get a cold once or twice a year, maximum. The fever and stuff disappear really quickly, but I'm often left coughing for a few weeks after.

March 25th, 2010, 2:42 AM
Apparently, my immune system is very strong indeed. I'd never get sick if I didn't have an allergy that causes breathing problems.

March 25th, 2010, 3:45 PM
when swine flu was spreading really only 12 people where in my class lol

I got sick so much that I got epic di******, swine flu is annoying :( , I got the flu, I couldn't move anything

Flying Zebras
March 25th, 2010, 3:59 PM
Mine sucks I get sick a lot.
And when I do get sick it lasts for like months since I don't take care of myself lol.
For example right now I'm still coughing and I've been sick since Feb. I think

March 25th, 2010, 4:18 PM
It's been like four years since a sickness got me down. I think it's just fine.

March 25th, 2010, 4:24 PM
I used to be on the floor throwing up countless times a year. I'd always used to get violently sick and had to be brought to the doctors or sometimes the hospital. Since last year though I've been fine. The worst that's happened is a slight cold. I don't know what brought the sudden change, but I'm enjoying it. :D

So I'd say my immune system is doing well as of now.

Captain Hobo.
March 25th, 2010, 4:26 PM
My immune system is pretty strong because tons of people at my school had swine flu and I didn't. Even like 3 people in my class got it and I didn't.

March 29th, 2010, 1:41 PM
I have to say my immunity is pretty strong. I haven't gotten sick in quite a long while. When I do happen to get sick, it's usually only for three days. One day to gradually come down with the symptoms. One day of bed rest. Then one day of gradually feeling better. I don't think that's too shabby.

I also survived carbon monoxide poisoning, so I guess that says something.

March 29th, 2010, 1:58 PM
Beats me.

I wash my hands whenever I eat, or after I touch something foul.

So I rarely get sick.

Edward Elric
March 29th, 2010, 2:09 PM
It's strong, but not that strong. I catch my fair amount of colds.

March 29th, 2010, 2:29 PM
I think mine's weak. I get colds a lot, but mainly in the winter time or if it's cold outside. All I seem to get are colds though, nothing else.

March 29th, 2010, 2:59 PM
I don't remember the last time i was sick, so maybe i have a crappy memory or a amazing immune system.

March 29th, 2010, 3:00 PM
i have a good immune system because i do not use medicine allowing my body to build up natural defenses :D! i have not been sick in ages

March 30th, 2010, 4:32 AM
Probably not very, lol. I live in the bubble of my warm well-managed environment. The moment I switch my console/PC off and leave I'll probably not be able to take in the fresh air of the outside world... Anyways, yeah, I do seem to get ill a lot.

Shiny Shaymin
March 30th, 2010, 8:04 AM
I'm guessing not so great as I currently have Lyme disease, Babesia, Erlichia, and Bartenella. :/

March 30th, 2010, 8:10 AM
Ny sister NEVER get's ill, ie: we are all in bed, she is up and skipping about.

March 30th, 2010, 9:20 AM
I usually get sick only once a year. That's a lot better than most. =D This year I got lucky and didn't get sick at all.

When I was a kid though I got slammed with everything. I'd get colds and strep throat almost every year. X_x Maybe that's why I don't get sick now, lol.

March 30th, 2010, 9:59 AM
My immune system is terrible >.> i need more vitamin c...
i get sick easily, and it sucks sometimes.

March 30th, 2010, 10:21 AM
Ugh. My immune system ftl. I get sick at least once a month :\ Nothing horrible, mostly just aches and pains though, thankfully. Every year or so I get something pretty nasty though...

March 30th, 2010, 11:22 AM
Mine is great lol. Although i usually dont get sick often like once every year or once every other year, I've been sick once every month this year so far and idk why.

April 3rd, 2010, 12:22 AM
stupid tonsillitus
thats the second time i got sick this year :/
what a great start to April Fools Day(thats when it started)

April 3rd, 2010, 2:01 AM
I didn't get H1N1 and I barely get sick so.. strong?

April 3rd, 2010, 2:01 AM
Not very strong, I get sick almost every week.

The Cynic
April 3rd, 2010, 2:30 AM
Haven'y been ill since I was seven. I have a great immune system.

April 3rd, 2010, 2:33 AM
How strong is my immune system??
My immune system is so strong, it ate a bowl of nails this morning
...without any milk.

April 3rd, 2010, 9:55 AM
i get sick almost every month or 2 but im used to that even though you need to be in your bed

April 4th, 2010, 4:22 AM
Mine isn't strong at all, I get sick every two weeks it seems. I even carry around 5 bottles of hand sanitizer and still get sick after using it every 10 minutes or after I touch a railing in school. Ugh, my school is known for getting everyone sick, once one person has the flu the following day 3/4 of the school has it. No one washes their hands and I have to pay for it. Not to mention the kids the do chewing tobacco and spit all over the place.

April 4th, 2010, 7:50 AM
I used to get strep throat every year but I haven't for the last two. Now all I ever get is that annoying cold. Probably every 3 to 4 months.

Desert Spirit!
April 4th, 2010, 7:52 AM
i have a good immune system i guess....i havnt got sick in like months

April 4th, 2010, 7:57 AM
It used to be awesome I hardly ever got ill then I got septicaemia (Infection of the blood D:) needed bare operations and now even though I'm "healthy" I get colds and stuff bares. Apparently anaesthetic weakens the immune system D:

April 4th, 2010, 8:05 AM
I can't say it's weak, can't say it's strong either. I just get sick probably every other year. Mostly with Asthma.

April 4th, 2010, 12:41 PM
My immune system is Chuck Norris; it can't be beaten by any nasty viruses and stuff :s

April 5th, 2010, 6:12 AM
I don't get sick often, that's why I use my acting sick skills to stay home sometimes. :3

April 5th, 2010, 6:16 AM
my immune system is terrible, i get sick at least once a month. :/

April 5th, 2010, 6:35 AM
Weaker than a wall made of ash. XD
If there is any disease or cold or flu going around, you can bet your life savings that I'm gonna get it! Or that I started it....XD

El Héroe Oscuro
April 5th, 2010, 11:43 AM
Eh, mines not that bad. I'm a really good faker though, I've skipped at least 4 days of school so far this year by faking xD

One of my friends though never gets sick. He hasn't been sick in like the last 3 years, its crazy O.o"

April 5th, 2010, 1:00 PM
Seeing as I've gone through long streaks of not catching any Cold or Flu's going around, I'd say my immune system is pretty tough. It may not be the strongest as recently I did get sick, but I think that happened on its own. I still have a strong system as when I do get sick it lasts for only a few days, four days being the longest recently. I'm glad for this though, because getting sick, is just dreadful. The runny nose, the constant sneezing or coughing, ugh not my cup of tea for a day. :\

April 5th, 2010, 1:06 PM
I guess it's strong enough to prevent a cold. But I fall sick to many other illnesses. But I guess it's pretty strong since I only get an illness once in a month or so..Wait is that bad? Hmm..

April 5th, 2010, 1:46 PM
Not too bad, I guess. I usually don't catch the flu even without vaccination (though that might just be luck), and I usually don't get sick until every 10 months or so. I get by with good hygiene practices.

April 5th, 2010, 1:55 PM
'bout time my tonsillitis went away xD
so im happy now except swolen glands