PDA

View Full Version : Do you have a tattoo?

*Fooly_Cooly*
March 25th, 2010, 03:27 PM
Well do you? if so, do you regret it? if not you want one?

I gotta a AFI tattoo and its awesome. on the back of my leg. I always forget about it. loL its odd then i get to looking and im like holy hell i gotta kool tattoo. :)

Captain Hobo.
March 25th, 2010, 03:36 PM
No, I don't have a tattoo and I don't want one.

Theodore Bruno
March 25th, 2010, 03:39 PM
See, I'm pretty dumb. So there's always a high possibility of regret in my later life if I were to get one.

tehGDS
March 25th, 2010, 03:40 PM
Well do you? if so, do you regret it? if not you want one?

I gotta a AFI tattoo and its awesome. on the back of my leg. I always forget about it. loL its odd then i get to looking and im like holy hell i gotta kool tattoo. :)

I want one, a persomn slicing a guy :( and maybe a somethin that says segregation is for dummys!

Weatherman, Kiyoshi
March 25th, 2010, 03:43 PM
I eventually will.
Being 14, I have to wait another four years before I can.
But, I will get it for myself, and not anyone else.

But what will it be off? hm.....

BHwolfgang
March 25th, 2010, 03:59 PM
I always wanted a panda bear tattoo. I should have it tattooed on my back.

Even though tattoos look cool, it also look like it could hurt. Eh, I'll probably get one when I'm eighteen years old, but that won't be till a while. In the meantime, I'll just enjoy my tattoo-free life. <3

If I were to get one, it would definitely be a dragon & tiger tattoo on the back.

Dakota
March 25th, 2010, 04:15 PM
I don't have any, but I want some on my fingers. Want 'Love' and 'hate' in them . : )

Timbjerr
March 25th, 2010, 04:24 PM
No tattoos as of now, but I do want some in the future. :D

...they'll most likely be nerdy video game references rather than anything significantly profound. XD

Ayselipera
March 25th, 2010, 04:27 PM
I'm not a huge fan of tattoos so as of now I don't have any and I don't have any future plans of getting one. If I did ever get one though I'd aim for something small and somewhat simple. Something small on my wrist would be ideal.

perfectmonster
March 25th, 2010, 04:31 PM
What is the point of grafting some hideous thing onto your body if it hurts and you're going to regret it when you grow old? Tattos are just useless, stupid crap.

Feign
March 25th, 2010, 04:31 PM
Waaait... as second... am I the first person since the OP of saying I have a tattoo? Shame on you tattooless people shame! :P XD (if you're underage, you need parental permission, though I think that is for age 16-17, but I can't remember).

Anyway, my tattoo is a latin quote that I made up myself, and that is written in the matrix font of my own manual design:

"In somnio vivo, in mea domo vera,id est in regno dei, expergiscar."

"I live in a dream, I will wake up in my real home, God's Kingdom."

No I am not overtly religious, I am a Deist. :P XD

And I also want 3-4 more tattoos... I just need the money and the design finalized.

I figure, if you still want the same tattoo from one year after first thinking it, then definitely get it.

In regards to the pain, it depends on where you get it, plus your own threshold from pain. I've got mine on my shoulder (just below), and it felt a bit like pencils stabbing me, but other times just like an eraser pressing against my skin.

Throat
March 25th, 2010, 04:36 PM
Well, at first, tattoos were supposed to make you different of most people, but now it's just easier to be different without one.

Feign
March 25th, 2010, 04:41 PM
Well, at first, tattoos were supposed to make you different of most people, but now it's just easier to be different without one.

I'm not sure that is entirely true. I'd assume tattoos were originally used as identifiers, like say you were in a specific clan (basically like how sports teams where different jerseys), then it eventually evolved into art.

After all, there has been a substantial increase in white collar workers sporting tattoos.

Now that is not to say I'd recommend everyone getting a tattoo... It is something that must be seriously thought about. Not just location, but design. And NEVER EVER EVER pick one out of their own catalogue, unless if you are drunk or something...

Ayselipera
March 25th, 2010, 04:43 PM
Waaait... as second... am I the first person since the OP of saying I have a tattoo? Shame on you tattooless people shame! :P XD (if you're underage, you need parental permission, though I think that is for age 16-17, but I can't remember).

Anyway, my tattoo is a latin quote that I made up myself, and that is written in the matrix font of my own manual design:

"In somnio vivo, in mea domo vera,id est in regno dei, expergiscar."

"I live in a dream, I will wake up in my real home, God's Kingdom."

No I am not overtly religious, I am a Deist. :P XD

And I also want 3-4 more tattoos... I just need the money and the design finalized.

I figure, if you still want the same tattoo from one year after first thinking it, then definitely get it.

In regards to the pain, it depends on where you get it, plus your own threshold from pain. I've got mine on my shoulder (just below), and it felt a bit like pencils stabbing me, but other times just like an eraser pressing against my skin.

I think something like that sounds interesting and different. Especially since it's in Latin. To many people get Chinese or Japanese symbols. Which looks nice, but I feel like it's sort of cliché to get now.

Feign
March 25th, 2010, 04:47 PM
I think something that like sounds interesting and different. Especially since it's in Latin. To many people get Chinese or Japanese symbols. Which looks nice, but I feel like it's sort of cliché to get now.

I see that often at work as well, usually it is the douche bags that have that. The best part is, they're naive, and they don't realize that sometimes the tattoo they are getting either means nothing at all (imagined characters), or means something rude or derogatory ("stupid foreigner" etc).

This was something I got help translating on, and made sure was right, myself.

Basically you'd want to rate a tattoo on how meaningful it would be to you now, and in 20 years (and on).

.Gamer
March 25th, 2010, 05:02 PM
I want one, imma get my grandparents/parents initials somewhere when they die.

reyzn
March 25th, 2010, 05:23 PM
I do, it's of a flower and a hummingbird (not from a catalog). It's located below my right shoulder blade. Didn't hurt as much as I thought it would, only stung when the needle ventured close to my spine.
No regrets as of now.

bolmy
March 26th, 2010, 11:14 AM
I want a biomech sleeve on my left arm, onto my chest and back. Basically half my upper body.
I also want the Sentenced logo on my right upper arm.

Sotto Voce
March 26th, 2010, 11:17 AM
I don't but I'd like to get one down the road (but I'm not a huge tattoo person...).
I mean, just think of what it'll look like when you get old and you're skin is saggy aaand, yeah. lol

Galukxy
March 26th, 2010, 11:20 AM
Yes! somethin' I can relate too XD um well as always me being really random I asked my mum if i
could get one she said 'what would you have it of?' and I said the hyrule symbol,
she then said No but i'm old enough to get one. my friend he's in a year below me but he's one
month older than me, he's got a really cool one of a snake on his arm!
I kind of got the idea after watching one of Pinks concert I saw how many tatoos she had
and I got inspired by her (I look up to her as a role model, she's a great one too) but I don't think I'll get one now.

Melody
March 26th, 2010, 11:31 AM
I don't have a tattoo but I want one. My problem is finding an image that is significant enough to tattoo onto my body. I certainly want something unique to me.

To date, I haven't found anything specifically, nor have I really ever had the money to seriously consider getting a tattoo. Not that I haven't been searching high and low for images which are so beautiful that I can't possibly regret it 20 or 30 years from now. The tattoo I get will be an image which essentially reminds me of all the good times I had in when I was younger.

Kon~
March 26th, 2010, 11:56 AM
I've got a couple of years before I'm old enough to get one on my own, but two of my friends got them (same age as me) just by going to this one place where they're a bit lax about that. One of these friends got grounded for MONTHS for this tiny thing on the back of her neck, wheras the other has four and her parent are fine, as they all have a special meaning to her.

If I had one, it'd have to be something special to me. I do have this little flame symbol that represents someone who is VERY important to me, but the design isn't finalised, and I don't know where I'd put it. :)

Gazza
March 26th, 2010, 11:57 AM
Yes.

LUFC on my right arm.

I actually got this when I was 15.
Do I regret it? No
Leeds united will always play an important role in my life and it's something I won't ever foget.
growing up watching Leeds play was a big part of my life and that's why I made the decision to get it tattooed on my arm. (b'-')b

I'm planning on getting a second tattoo but I don't know what of. XD

Hybrid Trainer
March 26th, 2010, 12:39 PM
No but i want one
i'm only 15 so its kinda illegal to get one anyway
i'm gona wait till im older just to see if i still want one :P

What i want is a yin yang symbol, split in half with the white dot having a 1 up mushroom on it and the black dot having a death mushroom on it and i would have one on each of my forearms.

TJgamer
March 26th, 2010, 02:53 PM
Of course.....not!
I think tattoos, especially in the current days, are crude in ways. Such as skulls and crude hearts and whatnot.
I wouldn't care if it was temporary, but permanent ones...UGGH!

Elite Overlord LeSabre™
March 26th, 2010, 03:01 PM
No, I'd rather go without a tattoo. Too much pain for something that's gonna be concealed under clothing anyway. Plus it's gonna get ugly as you get older and your skin wrinkles.

Zoeyluver
March 26th, 2010, 03:32 PM
I used to have one but it wasn't those permanent one, in black bold letters stylish joined handwriting it said "I luv girls." it was imprinted on my right arm.
I'm a girl myself... My friends laugh when they saw it, so i went home and washed it off.
That when i saw like 14.

SIN1488
March 26th, 2010, 03:35 PM
Yes, the first one I did was when I was 16. It is the "All-Seeing Eye", which is above my right knee. I've done others, but the ink didn't really stay like the first one did. It didn't help that I wasn't using a tattoo gun, lol. It did leave some cool scars though! :P

Esper
March 26th, 2010, 04:57 PM
I've often heard people say things like "I'm thinking of getting a tattoo, something that's [whatever they think sounds good]" which, to me, says that they want a tattoo for the sake of having a tattoo and the picture is a secondary concern. This is a big part of why I think most tattoos look awful. Me, I've never seen an image that made me think "Yes, I have to have this image permanently applied to my body!"

SIN1488
March 26th, 2010, 05:33 PM
I've often heard people say things like "I'm thinking of getting a tattoo, something that's [whatever they think sounds good]" which, to me, says that they want a tattoo for the sake of having a tattoo and the picture is a secondary concern. This is a big part of why I think most tattoos look awful. Me, I've never seen an image that made me think "Yes, I have to have this image permanently applied to my body!"

I know exactly what you mean. I have seen and heard about some stupid tattoos. The worse one is when a girl is talking to you about a tattoo she's going to get, and when you ask her where she's going to get it she says: "On my lower back."

Riiiiiightttt, I'm guessing you're not familiar with the term "Tramp stamp" then......

Feign
March 26th, 2010, 09:55 PM
Of course.....not!
I think tattoos, especially in the current days, are crude in ways. Such as skulls and crude hearts and whatnot.
I wouldn't care if it was temporary, but permanent ones...UGGH!

What era are you living in? XD :P Tattoos even 10 years ago aren't as good as they are now. Plus that skull and crude hearts stuff, for the most part is old news now... I'd hope so anyway.

I know exactly what you mean. I have seen and heard about some stupid tattoos. The worse one is when a girl is talking to you about a tattoo she's going to get, and when you ask her where she's going to get it she says: "On my lower back."

Riiiiiightttt, I'm guessing you're not familiar with the term "Tramp stamp" then......

Lol... the tramp stamp... I laugh every time I see a women with one... I'll stick withe the "safe spots" for guys, and decide on something meaningful...

I've said it before, I'll say it again, a tattoo is only worth getting if you stare at a image of it every morning for one year, after first realizing it, and after that, if you still want it, then you should get it.

Mattysaurus
March 26th, 2010, 10:08 PM
It's kind of a tradition in my family to get 'Tank' on the knuckles of our left hand.

It's a fairly cool tradition if you ask me.
But not until I'm eighteen.

Jubilation
March 27th, 2010, 05:25 AM
I want three, one on my wrist of a double helix, on my right shoulder blade of the Heroes symbol (lol) and one which covers my entire left leg, no idea what yet though : D

Yamikarasu
March 27th, 2010, 09:33 AM
I've always thought it would be cool to get one, but nothing really big and of course only in a place I could cover up like my shoulder. I need to think of something good though, something timeless that I don't think I would mind when I'm old.

Feign
March 29th, 2010, 10:01 AM
I've always thought it would be cool to get one, but nothing really big and of course only in a place I could cover up like my shoulder. I need to think of something good though, something timeless that I don't think I would mind when I'm old.

Sounds like you'd be safest with at least writing.

Zebeedoo
March 29th, 2010, 11:37 AM
Haha, this thread just gave me an idea... I could get Flareon or my favourite band's name tattooed onto my back. xD Well, I dunno about get Flareon done, but getting my favourite band's name as a tattoo is a possiblity. =3

Cold Fusion
March 29th, 2010, 11:42 AM
Nah, I've never wanted one and I don't think I ever will want one. First of all it hurts and you're not exactly going to see it anyways underneath what you are wearing. And two, I hate needles making me scared stiff to get anything like tattoos, earrings ect.

Slyfy
March 29th, 2010, 11:48 AM
No, and I don't on planning on getting one.

It hurts, and once you get old it will look hilarious.

Feign
March 29th, 2010, 11:58 AM
You've heard it hurts (is all you can say). :P

If you know your own retention to pain, you'll be able to know if this will hurt or not. For me, getting one done on my shoulder, with the finer tools, felt like a pencil on my skin (sharpened), but it did not hurt, just kidn of got inevitably annoying.

When they use the filler, it does not hurt at all.

I'd recommend against getting a pokemon related tattoo...

Slyfy
March 29th, 2010, 12:09 PM
I'd recommend against getting a pokemon related tattoo...
This is what would happen:

"You have a Pokemon tattoo?"

"I kno, it wasn't my best idea..."

*Punch*

"Noob."

Aureol
March 29th, 2010, 12:22 PM
I don't have one, and I doubt I ever will get one. If I want fancy designs, I'll just wear a T-shirt or something; no point in putting a permanent mark on my skin that I may come to regret later.

Mizan de la Plume Kuro
March 29th, 2010, 12:31 PM
No.

Forbidden in Islam because it falls under unnecessary altercation of the body. I have to say that I agree.

I do not, want one... nuff said.

Morkula
March 29th, 2010, 12:58 PM
No way will I ever get a tattoo. Not only do I find them ugly (and they only get uglier as you get older and your skin wrinkles), but I'd rather not sit there with a needle permanently injecting ink into my skin.

Jak
March 29th, 2010, 01:06 PM
Don't have one, don't want one. I don't find them attractive, and like Mork said, they just get uglier as the years roll by and the wrinkles come in.

Tree_x
March 29th, 2010, 01:12 PM
Haha no i have no tattoos but i am thinking about to get right now kinda want some thing i will love for a long time

bendrawslife
March 29th, 2010, 01:45 PM
I don't have any tattoos, but I've been contemplating getting a few for a while now. I've got one in mind as a memorial piece to my dad. The other would take up my whole arm, and need to be updated every year.
I'd want rings around my arm, different thicknesses and such, like rings of a tree. So you could see how old I was. (The idea is from The Fountain. I wish I could take credit for that. Haha.)

Feign
March 29th, 2010, 02:08 PM
Lol you guys that wouldn't ever get one, it's as though you've only thought of tattoos on the fattiest part of the body. :3 (the areas where indeed wrinkles and such would occur, visibly altering your tattoo). Getting them in places with less skin/fat etc might hurt just a bit more, but certainly won't get ruined with age. Aside from colouration.

.little monster
March 29th, 2010, 02:12 PM
I don't yet, but I plan on getting a tattoo on top of my shoulder of an equal sign, made out of a design I have yet to come up with.

It will stand for universal equality. :] Somewhere around the shoulder area. Haven't really planned it out.

Fox♠
March 29th, 2010, 02:43 PM
If I ever have a kid, I'm gonna get their name on the left side of my chest.

SIN1488
March 30th, 2010, 01:57 AM
All you people saying that getting a tattoo is stupid because it will get all wrinkly...... that's why you don't get it on a really exposed area, somewhere you can cover up. Mainly because, who is going to want to see some old person under their clothes anyway, tattoo or not? Besides, the colors might fade so much by time it gets to that point, that it won't even matter.

And definitely don't do spur-of-the-moment tattoos. My friend once got the word "Legit" tattooed on his abdomen, and apparently he had no excuse of being on something when he got it...... *facepalm*

sgspacemonkey
March 30th, 2010, 03:42 AM
I've always wanted one, but my parents have always been like 'no' and 'you'll regret it when you're older.' I always thought that when I'm older I could rebel and get it done, but now that I am I'm too afraid to go get one in case it hurts. lol. If I did go through with it I'd like to get a dragon or something, maybe on the back of my shoulder.

Feign
March 30th, 2010, 06:01 AM
For those who think it hurts, take a blunt or sharpened pencil, get someone to hold that area tight, and poke yourself with it on the area you'd most likely get a tattoo. Depending on your retention to pain, that is what it will feel like... Then flip it upside down, and use the eraser side, that is also what it will feel like.

DXrobots
April 10th, 2010, 06:40 PM
It'd have to be something pretty damn important to have it embedded in my skin permanently for me to get a tattoo.

Chikara
April 10th, 2010, 06:47 PM
No, but I want one on my hip. Right above my bikini line.

I'm thinking three cherry blossoms of different sizes? Cartoonish style. Everyone I talked to about it said it would look cute but I'm still thinking it over, since it IS permanent. But it's not like it's big and huge. And in a place that anyone's going to see when it starts fugging up.

Ambellina
April 10th, 2010, 06:48 PM
I have a tattoo of a dragonfly above my right ankle for my favorite band. I plan on getting another after I get married :3

TheUltimateSacrifice
April 10th, 2010, 10:33 PM
It was either get a tattoo or keep my dignity, and I chose the latter.

Katie_Q
April 10th, 2010, 11:41 PM
When I'm older I might. I would probably just have my parents initials, or the names of my future kids Because my brothers did that and I'm a sheep.

I wouldn't want anything to big though, and nothing that isn't meaningful. After all, when I'm old and wrinkly, a huge tattoo on me will look disgusting.

RivalGator
April 10th, 2010, 11:54 PM
I am not really one for tattoos, but if I ever do get one it'll be on my back. It'll be of the Grim Reaper. I may get a Zombie tattoo right beside it.

chadgraphix
April 12th, 2010, 03:54 PM
I want one. I asked my parents if I could get one, expecting them to say no. They're like "it's your choice, you can if you want." And I was like "Huh? It's permanent, you're supposed to say no." I want a get a triquetra for my cousin who passed away. It was his favorite symbol.

Stairmaster
April 12th, 2010, 04:36 PM
I got a massive flame tattoo on my ass. Not sure what it'll look like in 30 years though.

Silver
April 12th, 2010, 04:38 PM
I don't have one at the moment, but I'll probably get one when I turn 18 in a month. But I'm in no hurry to rush off and get one just to get one, like a lot of kids I know have done. I want my to carry some significance and not be overbearing. So I haven't really decided on anything yet. I think good tattoos are hella cool though.

luf100
April 12th, 2010, 05:17 PM
I have one on the back of my shoulder. It's small, and I won't regret it when I'm older. Even if it was something stupid, I don't think I could regret it (unless it was some naked lady or something like that...). I plan on having more. Also, who cares what I look like when I'm old? It's not like I'll be walking around in a bikini or anything when I'm 60. xD I'll be proud to be that awesome grandma with all the tattoos.

I'm glad I have parents who are like "Sure!" but also care enough to make sure I go somewhere clean (not that I wouldn't) and stuff. It's not that they don't care, they're just not annoying in trying to tell me what I can and can't do now.

Feign
April 12th, 2010, 05:19 PM
What were you thinking of so far Silver?

shookie
April 12th, 2010, 05:37 PM
I do not! But, I'd love to get one. I'm way too indecisive and change my mind as much as I change my underwear. I've come up with a few ideas, all of which I like, but when I think to myself "When I look at this in thirty years, what will I think?" it kind of ruins my inspiration.

I have a lot of friends with tattoos, though. My best friend has a hammerhead shark right smack dab on her forearm, and another friend of mine opted to get a caduceus with "Diabetic" on his wrist instead of a medical alert bracelet, which I think is really neat. I also go to school with a bunch of people that have sleeve tattoos, I was just talking to one guy today about a koi fish he got on his left arm, and another guy got "The Power Within" in latin tattooed on the inside of his right arm.

Silver
April 12th, 2010, 06:03 PM
What were you thinking of so far Silver?
That's the problem really, I don't have that much of an idea. I kinda want to have a friend of mine design something abstract, but I dunno. I don't want my tattoo to be generic, ya know? Like something unique/conversation started/meaning/symbolism. If ya get what I mean?

Eurydice
April 12th, 2010, 06:12 PM
i would like to get one. but i have no clue what i would get. i might get a pokemon as a tattoo, but probably not.

Feign
April 12th, 2010, 06:27 PM
i would like to get one. but i have no clue what i would get. i might get a pokemon as a tattoo, but probably not.

You might be 19, but don't get one of a pokemon... Trust me. Get something much more meaningful than something that is trademarked. ;)

shookie
April 12th, 2010, 07:07 PM
That's the problem really, I don't have that much of an idea. I kinda want to have a friend of mine design something abstract, but I dunno. I don't want my tattoo to be generic, ya know? Like something unique/conversation started/meaning/symbolism. If ya get what I mean?
Not that it'll help any, but one of my broader ideas (aka, something that didn't connect to me personally) was to get the Physics equation for (sound) wavelength (v=fλ) either behind my ear or underneath it right by my jawline. You'd kind of have to be really nerdy and not as rusty as me in Physics to get it, though. :P

Raichu1988
April 12th, 2010, 07:47 PM
^ That sounds like a cool idea for a tattoo. :)

I have two tattoos, and I love them both. I can't wait to get a few more, once I actually settle on one and quit being picky and OCD about what I'll want to see on my body for the rest of my life.

I have a paw print on my inner forearm (left) which I got first because I love dogs and I wanted something simple without being too big. My second tattoo is the year of the Dragon symbol in Kanji, colored turqouoise since my birth month is December (right arm). It also has a few cherry blossoms next to it since I love so many things regarding Asian culture, and I wanted it to be more unique than just a plain symbol.

As for it hurting, I can't stand needles and I think honestly that tattoo'ing doesn't hurt at all. I feel like dental work is worse when it comes to pain, and tattoo'ing isn't so much painful but more so annoying with the feeling it gives. It doesn't go as deep in the skin as many people think.

Feign
April 12th, 2010, 08:23 PM

Gah! How did I miss that quote...

Anywho, if you happen to get one that has text, even though it might be cheaper for you to get the tattooist's kind of font (through the books), it might be better to come up with your own font. Have your friend draw some ideas out to his own him, then go from there, like things you do and don't like about certain pics. XD

Illekn
April 12th, 2010, 08:28 PM
I do not have a tattoo. I won't get one until I can get something meaningful. I don't want to end up with something that I end up hating. In my adult years, I will probably get one. I have meaningful things now, but they could all change in time... so I want to wait until I absolutely sure I know what I want.

PuyoPuyo Raffine
April 12th, 2010, 08:41 PM
I dont have one and dont plan on getting one

Eurydice
April 12th, 2010, 08:41 PM
now that i have been thinking about it, i would probably get something that represents my two best friends. we have been friends for most of our lives, i probably wouldnt be alive without them.

Andreas.
April 13th, 2010, 10:44 AM
I eventually will.
Being 14, I have to wait another four years before I can.
But, I will get it for myself, and not anyone else.

But what will it be off? hm.....

Me too ''im so exited an i just cant hide it!'' lolz x3

Silver
April 13th, 2010, 12:48 PM
Gah! How did I miss that quote...

Anywho, if you happen to get one that has text, even though it might be cheaper for you to get the tattooist's kind of font (through the books), it might be better to come up with your own font. Have your friend draw some ideas out to his own him, then go from there, like things you do and don't like about certain pics. XD

Yeah, I feel ya. I'm leaning more and more to like an abstract piece by my friend with some sort of meaningful quote in some sorta scripty font under/around it. Anyways, I've gotta get my stud for my ear first.

txteclipse
April 13th, 2010, 02:04 PM
I've been considering getting one for a while now, but I'm finding it hard to settle on a design. I would be getting it for a very specific reason, and I want the tattoo to reflect that reason but not announce it to everyone who sees it.

In any case, I want to get the tattoo in blacklight ink (http://www.tattooartists.org/Gal3975_UV_Blacklight_Ink.asp), so it's not always visible.

SIN1488
April 13th, 2010, 08:18 PM
Oh yeah, I don't know if it's been said in this thread, but never get a tattoo for a girlfriend or a boyfriend, you will regret. In years (Or sooner) you will most likely get it removed or get another tattoo over it. It's just not worth it and there are other ways to represent your commitment to someone that don't involve injecting ink into your skin, lol.

That said, I have an idea for my own tattoo after some planning. It's based around the hourglass nebula, but I won't say more since I'm not completely set on the idea yet. And even if I was, I have to save the money first. If I do end up getting it, maybe I'll post it here :P

xPsychosocial
April 14th, 2010, 06:18 PM
I don't have a tattoo but I think they can look cool. I'm not wanting one at the moment because I'd set myself back a lot money wise if I were to pay for one.

If I were going to get one I'd either one that has Welsh text, Japanese text for Love, Ambition and Hope, a single star or multiple ones.

Bluerang1
April 15th, 2010, 01:44 PM
Don't want one. Don't need one. Won't get one. Will regret at times if I do get one. :)

The Sly Fox
April 17th, 2010, 11:55 AM
No. I never had an interest in getting one actually.

Lucy Lu
April 17th, 2010, 02:14 PM
Nope. And I won't get one either. For one they don't look good while you get older, and then you feel regretful. You will be thinking, "why did I get this tattoo?" Yeah not a good way of thinking. And it also hurts trying to get the ink on your skin. x.x Well it looks painful.

And I feel sorry for the people who have their girlfriend's or boyfriend's name on their body. What happens if they break up? Then they are stuck with their ex's name on their body. That is a waste of time.

Sammi
April 17th, 2010, 02:40 PM
Nope. I don't really like the idea of having something drawn on my skin. I like it the way it is. That, and there's no design that I want on my body that badly.

Besides, knowing my luck, it'd just look bad on me. XD;;

Rucario
April 18th, 2010, 05:09 PM
I had one. Once, when I was around 12. I got it of a Raichu on my right arm. Man, all my friends had a Pokemon tattooed on their arm. I remember once the vending machine people found out it was worth all of the little kids allowances, they brought the price up to 50 cents. We were all like "Damn.." Really, I wouldn't get a permanent tattoo. What's the point? You might as well finger-paint a distorted dragon on your left arm.

ThePinkDragon
June 3rd, 2010, 08:41 PM
I was curious to see if there was a tattoo thread around these forums. I'm even more surprised by how many people are against them and/or think they're ugly.

Anyway - I have 2 and am planning more. Many more. I love my tattoos and I love getting tattoos. I think I have a thing for pain and taboo. ;) My first tattoo is on my right calf and it didn't hurt at all, just felt funny when he got close to my kneecap because it started vibrating. My second one hurt like a you-know-what because I got it over my spine [below my neck, not a tramp stamp].

I love tattoos on my own skin and to admire tattoos on the skin of others. I do believe I got my love of them from my father, who has 3 of his own. My older sister has 4 of her own as well.

ETA: I have seen many, many old men who got tattoos while they were in the Navy [tradition] and they all looked perfectly fine, so I completely refute the belief that they look ugly when you get older since I have seen otherwise with my own 2 eyes.

poopnoodle
June 3rd, 2010, 09:31 PM
i dont mind tattoos but i wouldnt bother with it myself, they're expensive and quite honestly i cant imagine what sort of symbol or picture or pattern or bulk of letters would hold such a meaning to me that i'd want them permanently inked into my body. i guess what i'm saying is, i dont see the point, and my wallet's too tight to just splurge on colored body punctures for funsies.

mew²
June 3rd, 2010, 10:38 PM
Not yet, but I really want a few.
I want to get sleeves with a certain kind of mural, not to sure yet.
Then a mural of The World That Never Was on my back.
Cause we all know that it's the coolest place on Kingdom Hearts. :D

Alkaide
June 3rd, 2010, 11:11 PM
Well, I don't have a tattoo and I don't want it.

Alexithymia~
June 4th, 2010, 12:34 AM
I don't have a tattoo because of my age, but I really want some. I'm not completely sure what I want yet, but I have a few ideas.

One could be a fish in a watch. This would only make sense if I ever told you the story.. but it'd be nice to have it. I don't know where it would go though. Actually on my wrist?

Idk, but then another tattoo would be something music related. I don't know if my music taste will be the same when I become actually able to get tattoos but it would have to be my favourite bands. The ones that are my idols. That I learnt stuff from, y'know?

I find people with a few tattoos really sexy. But.. when people have it all over their face and whatnot, it ruins it. Or the tattoos themselves are stupid and meaningless. They're supposed to have meaning or be connected to memories.

Route 18
June 4th, 2010, 12:38 AM
Actually, in our religion, tattoo-ing your skin is a sin, as we believe that you are changing the creation of God. Other than that, I'd prefer not to have a tattoo, as having one is a lifelong decision, and if I get one, I can never take it off.

derozio
June 4th, 2010, 12:47 AM
If I were to get one, it would definitely be a dragon & tiger tattoo on the back.
So that you could show them off to girls whenever you went topless, yes, Borey? xD;

Anyways, no, I don't have a tattoo. Would never have one either. It just doesn't look like my kind of thing, tbh. I'm happy with my tattoo free body. xD;

loliwin
June 4th, 2010, 01:18 AM
Um, no. I dont have a tattoo so it wont wreck my perfect body. LOL

Jesh
June 4th, 2010, 01:34 AM
I sooooo want a full body Noise design. Or something with a heart and the words christopher drew :3

PkMnTrainer Yellow
June 4th, 2010, 04:24 AM
Nope. =3 I'm not into that sort of thing.

Numbers
June 4th, 2010, 05:40 AM
I don't have any tattoos yet but if I were to get one it'd be something along the lines of this:

http://www.ratemyink.com/images/ul/551/Scotland-Flag-Saltire-View-1-tattoo-55180.jpeg

Ok so maybe not quite the same, but I still want the Scotland flag on me somewhere :)
Any tattoos I get will have to have some deep meaning behind them so that I know I won't regret them later in life :D

KejiBebi
June 4th, 2010, 11:10 AM
I don't have a tattoo yet, but I was supposed to get one for my 16th birthday and here I am almost 18.
I never could figure out what I wanted so I have yet to get one, although now I know I'm going to get my son's name tattooed on me after he's born. :]

Ivysaur
June 5th, 2010, 01:45 AM
ThePinkDragon, please don't revive threads if they haven't got any posts for over a month, it's against the rules.