PDA

View Full Version : Where did you come up with your username?

Team Fail
March 26th, 2010, 07:22 AM
Well, this thread is about how you got your username.

Mine, well I got it as a nickname in camp one summer. How did you get yours?

mystletainn
March 26th, 2010, 07:23 AM
It's my name. Most creative user name ever.

NiKaNoRoU
March 26th, 2010, 07:28 AM
It's a nickname that the main hero of Breath of Fire II (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Breath_of_Fire_II) got once.

ReachForTheMoon
March 26th, 2010, 07:30 AM
Reach For The Moon, Immortal Smoke.

The name of Mokou's theme from Touhou.

ETTk83qis0w

Timbjerr
March 26th, 2010, 07:33 AM
Everyone loves to hear this story, eh?

My original original Internet username was tmbjr, which I concocted when I was 13 opening my very first email account. I was an uncreative idiot at the time, so I just took my three initials, TMB, and affixed JR at the end because I am, indeed, a hereditary junior. When I started joining a variety of social sites and forums around that time (including the first time stumbling upon PC), I used that name. Throughout my teenage years, I would produce small variants of the name, none of which lasted very long (tmbjr_05, TMBjr, etc...)

One of the most common complaints I had in my username was its unknown pronunciation even though I always told people to read it as an acronym (tee em bee jay are). One day, an old PC friend of mine started trying to pronounce it to cheer me up, coming up with several odd pronunciations like "toomb-jir", "tumb-jarr", and "tamb-joor". One that particularly tickled me was "timb-jerr", which I attached the current spelling to and adapted as my display name on WoW shortly after. I came to like it so much that when i eventually found my way back to PC after a three-year absence, I abandoned my old account for a new one. :D

Kife-fake
March 26th, 2010, 07:35 AM
Kife Knife get it?......△△△△

Jolene
March 26th, 2010, 07:37 AM
My username is my name. My parents named me after a song that they like.

Zebeedoo
March 26th, 2010, 08:04 AM
Well, one day about 3 years ago, me and my cousin where in my dads house, and he randomly called us "Zebeedoo & Zebeedee". =P So from there on, we decided to make those our usernames. =D Though I am also called Zebs on some other sites. As most people tend to spell Zebeedoo wrong. xD

Patchisou Yutohru
March 26th, 2010, 08:05 AM
At the time I created this username, one of the big things in the community was Japanese oriented usernames. I jumped on the bandwagon and started wanting one when I was bored of my original username, Lettursnnumburs.

It took a long time before I finally decided, like I normally do, on the first letter. I decided on P just because the first word that came to my mind was Patch. Inspiration for my first name in my username came from Patchou, the creator and developer of the popular MSN Messenger add-on, Messenger Plus! Live. Usually, whenever I try to make a new username, I base it off of one creating and since Patchou was the first to come to mind, I decided to go on with that.

I forget where the "is" in Patchisou came from, but that doesn't seem to be important.

Same goes for the "Yu" in Yutohru. I just know that Tohru came from Tohru Honda from Fruits Basket, which was my current favorite anime until the time I became involved in watching Kiba and Death Note, which replaced Fruits Basket as my favorite anime quickly.

My username is pronounced Patch-ee-sue You-toe-roo, for those who are interested in knowing.

Kon~
March 26th, 2010, 08:05 AM
Wow... the story of the username...
Brace yourselves for mine.

My original username for everything was simply my name plus my age, because I was young, unimaginative and slightly boring. After realising the online risks of using such a name, I began trying to think of new ways to identify myself. At the time, I was gaining an interest in Japanese culture, and decided that a Japanese name would be preferred. After a little research, I thought of the name Neko (meaning cat). Of course, that was a word well known, so I went for the younger form, Koneko. Are you starting to see it yet? On a couple of sites, this worked fine, but later, that name was taken too, so I added a PR (standing for Phantom Reaper - hey, don't judge me. I was young. :p ) and became PRKoneko. All well and good. Then I started shortening it to Kon, or PRKon, or Kon~. And the last such case is the one I use today :)

Throat
March 26th, 2010, 08:16 AM
It was completely random, I use other usernames in other forums.

Cassino
March 26th, 2010, 08:35 AM
The Battle of Monte Cassino. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Monte_Cassino) More specifically, this nice tune (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uFwmjouKT9U).

Sora
March 26th, 2010, 08:36 AM
How many variation of this thread have I seen since I joined this place? XD

Alright. It's quite the long story not really. But I shall explain again.

Back a few years ago, I was on this forum for Danny Phantom. My name there was DanPhantomFan (before Dan Phantom came out folks.) Eventually I was called by DPF. Well, time went on and I decided that I wanted a name change, something from the Danny Phantom fandom since I was still at the forums, but I wasn't too into Danny Phantom anymore. Eventually, the name DigiPeachFruit came up.

A year or two (or three) later, my friend and I were talking about Digimon, and that the digital world is made out of binary code. Well, Digi in DigiPeachFruit is Digital, so eventually we said, Digital Peaches, the Peaches are Binary.

And eventually, I became BinaryPeaches. c:

THE END.

Esper
March 26th, 2010, 10:02 AM
So I had a wife, beautiful, like you, who tells me I worry too much, who tells me I ought to smile more...

I like scarves. I'd just gotten a new one. The End.

Aquerex
March 26th, 2010, 10:38 AM
I don't really have a story about how my username came to me or something. I just wanted a cool username.

Originally, I wanted something that had Aqua in it, due to the upcoming Kingdom Hearts BBS.

I also liked the Pokemon TCG and my favorite card was Tyrannitar Ex.

Aqua+Ex= Aquaex

This username didn't look right, so I took out the a and added "er" to it.

Aquerex.

Melody
March 26th, 2010, 11:18 AM
My Current username is an interesting story actually.

For a while I'd take on usernames of anime characters that were my favorites.
Three times I took on the names of Digimon like Calumon, Justimon, and Raidramon. My favorite show was indeed Digimon. :3

After being somewhat tired of Digimon names, I decided to take on a unique username. Thus the Username Pachy was born. I had a friend right here on PC who was going by a variant of the username Pachirisu. The variance was merely a few decorative unicode symbols before and after the name. All the same, this was about the time when I fell in love with the pokemon Pachirisu.

Because all decent variances of the username Pachirisu were taken, I had to do a bit of improvisation.
I shortened the word Pachirisu to 'Pachi' Somehow, this didn't sound right to me. The name sounded far too feminine when it ended with an 'i', and I was already somewhat confusing people and being mistaken for a girl because of my personality. So I settled on the letter 'y' which sounds just about the same and when it's at the end of a name, it's gender neutral. And so, "Pachy" was born.

All of my friends loved this new username, and I began widely adopting it elsewhere.

Then I evolved into loving an anime called Mahou Sensei Negima! From that series, I fell in love with a silent, and very minor character named Zazie Rainyday. :3 She represented so much of my personality I took on that name. From this very username I did adopt my LiveJournal username, Zazie Lavender. :33

Of course my friends soon lamented the loss of my username "Pachy". Try as I might, to get the name "Zazie Rainyday" or it's shortened "Zazie" to catch on failed miserably. By this time, everyone knew me as "Pachy" no matter what I choose to call myself. And so I switched back to "Pachy" because the name stuck on me.

Naturally more time passes, I got tired of "Pachy" again. Of course, at that time...Sentence style nicknames like "Careful with that axe, Pichu" and many others had caught on and were in style. Naturally, I sought to dream up a sentence which suited my more friendly and artistic side. And so the username "Paint me Pretty, Smeargle" was born. The entire time I had this name, people were indeed content to call me Smeargle, which I enjoyed. But no matter how much I might try to avoid it, Everyone knew that I was "Pachy", and while they never called me "Pachy" to my face, They always referred to me under that name amongst themselves.

And so, when the announcement went out that PC would no longer take username changes, I thought: "To heck with all this username changing" and changed back to Pachy. Besides, I'd already been awarded the Identity Issues emblem for changing my username so much. XD

And so, this is the story of my username. :3

Callandor
March 26th, 2010, 11:21 AM
One of my favorite book series are Robert Jordan's The Wheel of Time books. And in the books, thier is a really powerful magic item called Callandor. It's also called The Sword thats not a Sword, because it looks like a crystal sword but you don't use it as a sword.

Alli
March 26th, 2010, 11:30 AM
I hatched a Scyther and the name Sydian popped out. idk. Not that incredible. But I still have it. It's a Scizor and the actual day was July 28, 2009. So I guess that's kinda cool. Sydian went on to be my writer's name and all that good junk.

Talli
March 26th, 2010, 11:50 AM
Curtis Talli is basically my squirrels name..

NarutoActor
March 26th, 2010, 11:51 AM
A lot of my friends said I am just like naruto. So I ACT like naruto. So I am a Actor, or a NarutoActor.

Fur Elise
March 26th, 2010, 12:14 PM
I was in the Beethoven mood, lol.

Gazza
March 26th, 2010, 12:24 PM
Gareth = Gazza

Only my mum and grandmothers call me Gareth. XD

Jordan
March 26th, 2010, 12:27 PM
I wanted a country's name that would work as a first name. Simple as that; no complicated history to show here. XD;

ShadowSalamence
March 26th, 2010, 12:43 PM
Well, Salamence is one of my favorite Pokemon and I was training a Shadow Lugia in my Platinum, while I was registering.
I combined Shadow with Salamence and I find it a pretty good username.

DonRoyale
March 26th, 2010, 01:21 PM
It was my misplaced confidence phase, I wanted something that sounded confident and superior, and it stuck to me ever since.

I like the letter D, too. I don't know why. I just do...

TheGearofWar
March 26th, 2010, 01:26 PM
I got it from Gears of War (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7Ig2JJRpdo)

Who'da thunk.

.little monster
March 26th, 2010, 01:33 PM
Lady Gaga calls her fan "little monsters." I thought "Hey, I am her fan, while it fits my personality."

So..

:D Hi

Theodore Bruno
March 26th, 2010, 01:40 PM
I named myself after the Bonne's family greatest mecha in Megaman Legends.
http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20090807045303/megaman/images/c/c2/Bruno.jpg

Charmander__
March 26th, 2010, 01:51 PM
Why don't you tell me????? Teehee.... :3

Eucliffe
March 26th, 2010, 01:53 PM
Roswell = This guy:

http://lacrimacastle.net/files/Yggdra/gba/faces/dialogue/06.png

He is a necromancer in the game Yggdra Union, and you can either recruit him (but you have to kill his cousin, Rosary), or kill him to recruit his cousin. He can summon skeletons, which you can control, and he's weak against the holy element but can resist the dark element (which he also utilizes).

So no, alien fans, I did not get the name from that place, though I am aware it exists.

And I'll save you all the pain of me going through previous usernames + alt. usernames :3

.hack
March 26th, 2010, 01:55 PM
Username= Best. Anime. Ever.

Went
March 26th, 2010, 02:05 PM
My name is V. V. Many people called me W. Heck, my actual signature mainly consists of a w XD So I started adding letters from my last name until I got a word that made sense in English.

TrinityLimit
March 26th, 2010, 02:15 PM
uhh... Kingdom Hearts? thats where i got mine from.

Jesh
March 26th, 2010, 02:46 PM
My name is V. V. Many people called me W. Heck, my actual signature mainly consists of a w XD So I started adding letters from my last name until I got a word that made sense in English.

Vincent Valentine

/me lame

Uhh, my friend Forever made it up when I was new to her crowd and it stuck. Then there was bit.trip void which was named after a game that i've never played I liked the name of :D Then fallen.angel came along, inspired by FF7, but... I kinda ditched it as soon as final userame changes were announced. Jesh <3

Ayselipera
March 26th, 2010, 03:10 PM
I don't know why I answer this question every time it comes up as a thread, but here we go...

When my four months were up and I had the chance to change my name I jumped on the opportunity because my first username was as creative as a rock. My main problem was I had no idea what so ever of what I wanted my username to be. So I ended up looking up tons of foreign names because I wanted something unusual and interesting.

One day as I was skimming through names I stumbled upon the name Aysel which is Turkish and means moonlight or moonbeam. Now to tell you the truth I have no idea what the second name I picked was. I think it might of been Aperi. I thought Ayselaperi looked silly though so I changed the letters around and got ipera. So, I then decided to combine the names because I thought either name on its own was too short. Thus ending up with Ayselipera.

In the end my username ends up meaning something along the lines of moonbeam/moonlight plus a random assortment of letters at the end. Although the second name to my username when unscrambled has something to do with space too. Which ended up being a coincidence.

Zoeyluver
March 26th, 2010, 03:26 PM
Pokemon character Anime Zoey of course.
Favorite Pokemon character Zoey i just love her.
I thought about "Zoeylove" but said "nah"
Then i change to Nozomilover but still "nah"
But finally "Zoeyluver" i was like "yeah this sounds good."

SIN1488
March 26th, 2010, 03:28 PM
"SIN" used to be kind of my nickname. I added the "1488" because I used to believe in some stupid racist stuff, and those numbers have a meaning to skinheads. I really wish I didn't miss the name change thing, because I've tried to remove any of those things that remind me of it.

:(

Mizan de la Plume Kuro
March 26th, 2010, 03:48 PM
I wanted a new writer name that would match my malice and have an air of grace so I used the French phrase, nom de plume(pen name[lit. name of feather/pen]) as inspiration. Also, since I didn't just want any color for a feather I attached the Japanese word Kuro(black) at the end in place of Noire.

In essence, my name is a kind of pun in the sense that I took it from nom de plume and I'm using this as my internet pen name.

Pokemoerules
March 26th, 2010, 03:51 PM
I really dont know... I just well, tried typing Pokemonrules and then I accidently made pokemoerules XD

Mattysaurus
March 26th, 2010, 10:18 PM
My name + y + Saurus.

Mattysaurus.

You can call me Matteh if you want.

Nothing really special.
Though I do love it now.<3

reyzn
March 26th, 2010, 10:37 PM
A nickname I got from my buddies.
(A part of my name) + zn (for azn or asian)

Elite Overlord LeSabre™
March 27th, 2010, 10:02 AM
The Buick LeSabre.

American full-size car built from 1959-2005, and the best selling car in its class for the last dozen of those years.

And my strange obsession with the aforementioned automobile.

Cold Fusion
March 27th, 2010, 10:29 AM
I actually got my username idea from my previous Science lesson and my older brother (seen as I asked him for ideas) I wanted something that was like Icicle, or Crystal, something to do with the cold so I would remember it easily as my birthday is in Winter. Because of this my brother suggested that I used the word Cold as it is Wintery, and my nickname/real name begins with a C. I couldn't just use Cold as there is another member on the website with the username Cold and I thought it was boring anyways. This is where my brother left the room giving me an word for my username that I didn't like much, but I was going to make something out of anyways. Then I remembered that my Science teacher had mentioned Cell Fusion for some reason and I liked the sound of Fusion but not Cell, so I replaced Cell with Cold, stick them together and wa la!

- Later on I found out that Cold Fusion is an original novel written by Lance Parkin and based on the long-running science fiction television series, Doctor Who.
- It's also the thirty-sixth episode of the science fiction television series 2002 revival of The Twilight Zone.

Phantomhanako
March 27th, 2010, 10:52 AM
The word 'Hanako' came from my deviantART account 'WonderfulHanako' (which I regret calling myself now 'cause it kinda sounds... bleh...) And also is a japanese word. ('Hana' means flower and 'Ko' means child = Me shoving the two together to make a username xD)

The phantom bit is from when I was obssesed with the Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass and also me making improvments on my username. xDD

I was gonna call myself Dizzy-Vulpix but only thought of that AFTER I made my account.... ;_;
Mabey you guys can tell me how to change my username? :D

Pokemon Black
March 27th, 2010, 11:06 AM
Hmm..... I suppose If Pokemon where in real life, a fire breathing lizard or electric mouse would be more dangerous.. Deadly even.

robobbiebob
March 27th, 2010, 12:40 PM
my boyfriend thought of mine for me :>
cos im called robert :P

Shiny Shaymin
March 27th, 2010, 01:06 PM
I like Shaymins that are Shiny.

Aetheria
March 27th, 2010, 01:06 PM
Aetheria is one of the Heliades from Greek mythology.

Eпvy
March 27th, 2010, 01:43 PM
It more properly fits my idiotic self from three years ago when I joined this site, but I don't see any reason to change it anyway. Plus it isn't really irrelevant.

But believe it or not my first username here, "Envy II" had a bit of a different meaning. It doesn't really matter since it was just my second choice to "Envy" by itself.

But this username just came to mind because I tended to hate it when people had things that I did not. Natural talent and beauty especially. So anybody who I thought had both of those was doomed to see that immature side, especially if they didn't appreciate having those.

I'm not like that anymore, except for with beauty... But I'm not going to get mad at anybody for having that. lol. I'll think "Not fair!" but keep it to myself... Like most normal people do. =P

Aureol
March 27th, 2010, 04:51 PM
^Wow... deep.

My name is based off of the color theme going on in Pokemon games. Since Yellow is taken by a manga character and it's my favorite color, I instead chose Aureolin. Aureolin doesn't sound like a real name, and it doesn't fit, so I contracted it to Aureol.

PokemonLeagueChamp
March 27th, 2010, 05:39 PM
Because I'm the champ.

What do you mean you don't agree with me? Do you know who you're dealing with?!

ThatsTakao
March 27th, 2010, 05:44 PM
My nickname is Takao, lawl. And my Myspace this is That's Takao.

インフェルノの津波
March 27th, 2010, 05:50 PM
Well, my username says The Tsunami of Inferno, according to someone who can read Japanese. I wish I could change it to The Blazing Tsunami though....or Flaming....NO BLAZING.

ThatsTakao
March 27th, 2010, 05:51 PM
Well, my username says The Tsunami of Inferno, according to someone who can read Japanese. I wish I could change it to The Blazing Tsunami though....or Flaming....NO BLAZING.
Well, it COULD say Inferno's Tsunami. :3 Just saying.

Flipnotic
March 27th, 2010, 10:31 PM
well on this one forum i used to be mod of..my name was Flippy..cause "filipino" most people just call us filipinas FLIPS lol
one day this guy joined n was like..'man ur too "fly" to be flippy, i'd call you flipnotic'
sooo thats how i ended up with flipnotic lol

wee187
March 27th, 2010, 10:45 PM
I can't tell you. I don't know. I don't remember making this name up, it's just always been there, first on my youtube account. People began to know me by this name, so I keep it wherever I go now.

Hybrid Trainer
March 28th, 2010, 10:04 AM
My username is my name. My parents named me after a song that they like.
♫Jolene Jolene Jolene Joleeeeeene♫

sorry i could'nt help it :P

anyway, my username is from when i used to mix up pokemon and pokemon trainer sprites, so since there called 'Hybrid Trainers' i called myself hybrid trainer

BHwolfgang
March 28th, 2010, 11:42 AM
I created my name three years ago when I first signed up to my first site. Earlier that day, my friend and I was talking about the list of German names he could have used as his nickname during class. The name "Wolfgang" caught my attention, and I quickly fell in love with it.

Now, as I was thinking of a creative username, "Wolfgang" popped in my head. It was perfect! I then combined my initials and the word together for my username. At first, I was really mad at how uncreative it was. However, as more people complimented my username, I decided to make it my official internet alias.

TheUltimateSacrifice
March 28th, 2010, 10:50 PM
It holds great innate value, and serves as a continual reminder.

ILoveDragonite
March 28th, 2010, 10:57 PM
I love dragonite. I always ditch my starter the second i can get a dratini.

Twisted Cuteness
March 29th, 2010, 05:04 AM
Not really sure how I came up with this name. Possibly because I'm creepy but also hold that cute factor? D:

leonfei
March 29th, 2010, 06:45 AM
In Guild Wars all my characters used to be xxxxx Leonheart (Serina Leonheart, Serenity Leonheart etc), so the other members of my guild started calling me Leon for simplicity :P. Fei was a random surname I found on behindthename.com I believe, so I just put the two together and it kind of stuck as a user name.

Sneeze
March 29th, 2010, 07:30 AM
It's my nickname IRL, funny story. I sneezed once really loudly in a otherwise dead silent class room in college and the nickname "Sneeze" kind stuck for the next... Going on 5 years.

Eurydice
March 29th, 2010, 09:05 AM
I got my username from a cruxshadows song.

Bluerang1
March 29th, 2010, 09:14 AM
Here we go again.

It was for Nicktropolis, I loved Power Rangers at that time, and discovered that Blue was my new/permanent favourite colour hence taking a liking to the Blue Power Ranger. When registering, BlueRanger was taken, and BlueRanger1 was also. So I just chose Bluerang1 thinking it was "Bluerange1" I'm not sure if I added the "1" or not at this instance though. I only realised this error when someone on the site pointed it out, saying, "What's 'rang' anyway, is it some sort of slang?" Total realisation moment! Then, I couldn't register for Neopets on my PC for some reason, so I asked that same person who pointed out my error, not on the same day might I had, probably weeks after. She registered for me with the same Username and it's stuck ever since :) (I'll remember to save this speech whenever this question comes up again xD)

bolmy
March 29th, 2010, 11:02 AM
Surname + Y = username.

Pretty much.

Mr Marine
March 29th, 2010, 11:16 AM
I <3 pirates so i made up an imaginary character whos name would be mr marine the most legendary pirate ever lived.

Shakespeare
March 29th, 2010, 11:17 AM
Shakespeare is an awesome name. That's why I use it as my username <3

Captain Hobo.
March 29th, 2010, 02:11 PM
Ok here we go. There is this forum that my dad is on and this guys name is Captain Morgan. So, I like hobos so, I came up with Captain Hobo. I accidently put the period on it lol.

Slyfy
March 29th, 2010, 02:14 PM
My friends were talking about Syfy. ;D

Lunyka
March 29th, 2010, 02:35 PM
A misspelling of "Courage" in Al Bhed.

zhfac
March 29th, 2010, 05:32 PM
A misspelling of "Courage" in Al Bhed.
FF X Al Bhed?

My username is just my initials.

Muffin™
March 29th, 2010, 05:54 PM
IDK, Muffins?

I like muffins, and I like trademarks... so...

Zorua
March 29th, 2010, 06:57 PM
I came up with my username out of my own creativity.

KKN
March 30th, 2010, 01:17 PM
My old username was Aki the Tanuki because, at the time, my newest original character was a tanuki named Aki (he can still be seen in my avatar and signature). My new username, Akiyuki Aretukasu draws from that. Because several of my online friends had already started calling me Aki-chan, I figured there would be less confusion if I left Aki in my name. The yuki (snow) part comes from my love of Ice-type Pokemon. Aretukasu is my real name in Japanese. Akiyuki Aretukasu is also the name of my Shugo Chara character bearer OC who is identical to my Pokemon Trainer OC, Alex.

Of course, some still call me by my VERY old (original) username, KougaWolf (or KW for short). At the time, I was really into Inu-Yasha (and I still like it). My favorite character was (and still is) Koga (or Kouga, in Japanese). He's a wolf demon, so... KougaWolf. Yeah.

Koope
March 30th, 2010, 02:18 PM
Well let's see ....

Most of the time I chose usernames, I used bands or something music related ... problem was, I usually grew out of that music/genre and didn't want to use the name anymore ....

So one day in some online game which I don't remember, I named my character Koop. I really liked it, people could pronounce it, and it was short and sweet.

Then A long time passed and I bought an xbox and needed and account name ... Koop was taken, so I used "Koope" (pronounced Koo - P). Now, ever since I have stuck with Koope on everything, so if you see another site with someone named Koope, 90% chance it's me.

I've actually used it so much, it's become an actual nickname for me, 80% of my friends call me Koope in real life :D

Nanaboo
March 30th, 2010, 03:54 PM
"Nanaboo" is a nickname that I call my kitty. (:

&
March 30th, 2010, 03:57 PM
Got '&' because it was easy to remember :D

SereneMidnight
March 30th, 2010, 04:57 PM
I got SereneMidnight because I needed to change my gamertag real quick because my brother wasn't using it anymore, so I spent 800 MS Points to have it changed and it has been my official online alias ever since.

Brendino
March 31st, 2010, 01:56 AM
Mine is just the nickname that my friend gave me all the way back in grade 3, and it has kinda stuck over the last nine years. When I was younger, I though he picked the nickname because of a character named "Brandino" in a video game I used to play, but I don't quite remember what it is, and I don't even know if the game was out yet when I got my nickname.

Cloud197
March 31st, 2010, 12:03 PM
Most would think that my Username is derived from Cloud Strife of FF7.

But it actually comes from a recurring lucid dream I have where I am in a house made of Clouds. The number just makes it unique. :D

Yuoaman
March 31st, 2010, 01:08 PM
I just strung a few letters before 'man' when I was nine, and it's stuck ever since. :\

Guillermo
April 1st, 2010, 03:19 AM
My first username on the forum was *Dark*Master. I don't know what I was thinking, and for this I am glad.

Second was Kishoku. I took Malyka's name of Hishoku and twisted the H into a K, and I thought it looked cool.

Third was Guillermo. My IRL name is William, and Guillermo is Spanish for William. Not to mention it looks awesome, in my opinion.

Fourth was Juicy Fruit. People that know me know I love Juicy Fruit chewing gum. Yeah.

Fifth and final was Guillermo again.

Binary
April 1st, 2010, 09:13 AM
My username is just random. If you see my history of usernames, they're all random (except for the first few)..
It depends on my current mood and state though..

DeluxeSilver
April 1st, 2010, 12:50 PM
Because of the RPG XP game I'm making.

Nikorasu
April 1st, 2010, 01:04 PM
I got mine as my name is Nick, also known as nicholas D:

Nicholas = Nikorasu in Japanese :']

Sonikku
April 1st, 2010, 01:19 PM
http://subbooks.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2008/05/censored.png
but seriously it's Sonic's Japanesse name.

Team Rocket's Raichu
April 1st, 2010, 05:48 PM
Fun to talk about. I want to go over all my usernames (Past and Present)! :)

Team Rocket's Raichu - When HeartGold was coming out (the hype before it was released in Japan), I wanted a cool username. Team Rocket was my favorite evil team, and Raichu was my favorite Pokemon, so I combined the two and got that!

Raichu is Awesome - This is kind of obvious. I think Raichu is Awesome!

Pokemon0987654321 - My first ever username. I wasn't being very original. :P

FallacyOfTruth
April 1st, 2010, 06:41 PM
Well the world Fallacy means false, or a misconception based off of an unsound arguement, so it basically something thats untrue lol..so a fallacy of truth is kind of like impossible..something thats based off of misconceptions being true..FallacyOfTruth..kinda weird right? But i like it :p

Team Fail
April 2nd, 2010, 07:26 PM
I haven't been to this thread for a while... Wow! There's a lot of creative ideas! I would of never thought of some of these ideas!

bugcatcherjason
April 2nd, 2010, 10:52 PM
I liked the bug catchers in the games. The nets, the hats, etc etc.

Reina
April 2nd, 2010, 10:58 PM
I'm extremely unoriginal bahhh :/ Rena Ryuugu from Higurashi's birth name is Reina, thus, I am Reina.

bugcatcherjason
April 2nd, 2010, 11:15 PM
I'm extremely unoriginal bahhh :/ Rena Ryuugu from Higurashi's birth name is Reina, thus, I am Reina.

"Reina" also means "queen" Spanish!

DjKniteX
April 3rd, 2010, 10:19 AM
sixth grade, when I was trying to come up with a dj/rap name, xD

Knight was from a basketball player (forgot first name) as well as Suge knight, the producer.

So I just rennamed knight to knite, and an X because it's the first letter of my last name, then I recently added the DJ to it, to make it more original, I guess, lol

CrashSmAshley
April 3rd, 2010, 10:23 AM
It's one of my drifting nicknames my boyfriend calls me for fun. Never crashed or anything, but he assumes that someday at one of our events it's gonna happen lol

Shiiny Pikachu
April 3rd, 2010, 12:17 PM
My username was inspired from shiny pikachus (obviously)

DXrobots
April 4th, 2010, 11:55 PM
My user name comes from years of collecting action figures Mostly transformers and Power rangers Megazords. and most Figure are called Deluxe Class or DX class and I collect robots so DXrobots

Saltare.
April 5th, 2010, 02:57 AM
It is a dance crew that was on America's Best Dance Crew. They were jump ropers from Raliegh, NC. And Saltare is Latin for 'Jump'

iShena~
April 5th, 2010, 03:14 AM
Tales of Symphonia~~
Sheena..~~ xD

But I forgot an 'e'~ :<

Yusshin
April 5th, 2010, 03:16 AM
Youssef + Shin

Youssef is my fiance; a short-form for his name is "Yuss".

Shin is a name he uses frequently in MMORPGs; it's also his main character in the Hakuto no Ken games :P

Thus, Yusshin was born.

Also, sometimes I'm known as Yusifer in other forums.

Again, Youssef + Lucifer

Lucifer is a screen-name of his that he used five years ago in an MMORPG; he no longer uses it, but it was his most well-known character there so I tend to name myself Yusifer.

Limey-chan
April 5th, 2010, 05:13 AM
I didn't D:

A friend came up with it. It originates from the fact I have a lime fetish, and take regular baths in lime juice and also from my huge crush on Jackie Chan (What a man) ^^

lucariojon
April 5th, 2010, 05:18 AM
I like Lucario,and my name is John,so lucariojon was made :P

SuperStaraptor121
April 5th, 2010, 05:19 AM
I got mine with the convenations of:
SuperSkarmory
SuperChase101
Chickenfajit12
Chuggaaconroy.
The Super, came from SuperSkarmory, SuperChase101
The numbers came for SuperChase101, Chickenfajita12
And Chuggaaconroy, well um his username has an a in it. And um My username has an a in it. SuperStaraptor121

Destinyfate
April 5th, 2010, 08:03 AM
Hmm. I like the word Destiny [favourite word] and for some reason i thought the oppisite of it which is fate.
so thats how it was born.

Chibi-chan
April 5th, 2010, 08:15 AM
(Destiny I love your avatar hnnng)

Well, back when, I was a pretty big weeaboo and I liked this weeaboo name.
I like chibi art, and chan is always cute and friendly.

My old username sounded too similar to someone who was always active on PC, so I had to change it to avoid confusion.

Agent Clank
April 5th, 2010, 08:27 AM
Well I Started Getting Into The Ratchet & Clank Games So I Named Myself Agent Clank. Now I Hate My Name Cause I Dont Like Those Games Anymore. So Thats How I Got My Name

El Héroe Oscuro
April 5th, 2010, 11:48 AM
I was making a Gaia accound one day and I was making an avatar that was all dark and sinister, so I first used "The Dark Hero". Then just for the hell of it I looked it up in italian (IlHeroeScuro) and then in spanish (ElHeroeOscuro) and it just stuck :)

Sollace
April 5th, 2010, 12:08 PM
I have a character named Sol, whose full name is Solyss. I tried to make that my username on deviantART, but alas, it was taken. So a friend suggested I used "Sollace", basically pronounced the same. Then Sollace Lux became the name of my persona, so therefore I started using it for everything.

Exciting, I know.

iLoveSocks
April 5th, 2010, 12:22 PM
It's a pretty long story...

I love socks. a LOT.

LilacArcanine
April 5th, 2010, 01:05 PM
Well, lilac is my favourite colour and Arcanine is my favourite Pokemon. My Pokesona is a lilac Arcanine recolour. X3

Forever
April 5th, 2010, 11:39 PM
From listening to "Forever" and the fact that Eternity was taken, I think, so I did the next best thing.

loliwin
April 6th, 2010, 01:48 AM
My awesomeness led me to this name. lol :D

Okay,I had to think of a permanent name because you can't change your names after youve picked one. :( So I came up with this. But hey, i'm happy.

helix
April 6th, 2010, 02:44 AM
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/2/29/Helix.svg/220px-Helix.svg.png
^ this is a helix. It is a three-dimensional spiral, basically.
And if you think that's not cool, watch Gurren Lagann to get just how cool a three-dimensional spiral can be. Fool. shot'd

shookie
April 6th, 2010, 08:14 AM
"Shookie" is a nickname I got from Chemistry in high school. My lab partners found a piece of tape that said "Shookie Thompson" on it, stuck it on me, and they've called me Shookie ever since.

LilacArcanine
April 6th, 2010, 10:58 AM
I didn't D:

A friend came up with it. It originates from the fact I have a lime fetish, and take regular baths in lime juice and also from my huge crush on Jackie Chan (What a man) ^^

He kicked Magnus Scheving in the face (on film :D) You has no shame!

:D

Flamboyant
April 6th, 2010, 01:49 PM
I'm a french-canadian and, one day, I was looking up the dictionnary to find the ugliest french words ever. Then I decided to do the inverse.
FLAMBOYANT came up and it was love at first sight, haha. (Along with Romanesque, but I chose Flamboyant instead.)

Brittani
April 6th, 2010, 04:50 PM
Brittani is my name, thats how i got my username lol obvious isn't it?

Saryka
April 6th, 2010, 07:31 PM
Long story short, it's from Talim's weapon in Soul Calibur III, called the "Syi Sarika and Loka Luha." I just changed the spelling and voila~

Caliban
April 7th, 2010, 03:03 AM
Book by Roger MacBride in the style of Isaac Asimov; Caliban was a robot with no behavioral inhibitions. That in turn was a shout-out to Shakespeare's Caliban in The Tempest.
Which is why people keep asking me why I chose a monster as my username. XD

Code
April 7th, 2010, 04:19 AM
So a couple of years ago I joined this site, see. My best friend had invited me, and was helping me get an E-mail so I could sign up (I was such a n00b. XD). My favorite color is Green, and I have always been fascinated by the CSS codes some people on the site used to make their posts awesome, and in my childhood I had often played games where the "spies" had to use secret codes to enter the locked room. In my head, Code Green meant that the secret code was "green". The name was unfortunately taken...then my friend came up with making "Code_Green". It now looked like something typed as a code.

Later, I changed my name to plain old "Code". Cause it was more awesome.

Vindel
April 7th, 2010, 06:06 AM
Vindel is one of the main antagonists in Super Robot Wars : Original Generation 2 on the GBA. He's an awesome guy, with an awesome theme (I'd post a link, but I need more posts. :x).

Silver
April 7th, 2010, 05:53 PM
Well, this is probably a really lame reason. But long, long, ago when I was oh say 11, I had first discovered the wonders of the internet and forums. I ended up on a proboards forum for BeyBlade and one of the Admin's name was Gold, so me, being that I wanted to imitate him, I took on the name as Silver. And this has followed me throughout my all of my online identities, with some variations (Silvaer, Silvaeri, Silvaerious) It even followed me to the original Pokecommunity, and now to the 2nd iteration of the PC. =)

.Gamer
April 7th, 2010, 05:55 PM
It was Gamer691, just a name I picked one day for a email address (it was vidgamer691 but I changed that when I got gmail). Then I decided numbers = noob so I dropped them. I put the "." in front of Gamer so that I am closer to the top of the "Who's online" box, yeah I have a big ego.

Quesclamation
April 7th, 2010, 06:33 PM
One day I heard a joke that was so absurd I didn't know what to do, so if it was on the internet I would've put ?!?!?!?!. I decided to combine the two and make a Quesclamation mark. Tah dah!

Jubilation
April 8th, 2010, 03:41 AM
I'm a comic collector, Jubilee is my favourite X-Men of all time. So I decided to use her first name.

Fire-Red
April 8th, 2010, 08:30 AM
Fire pokemon are my fave type and red was the first pokemon game I played/owned so I thought fire-red would be fitting.

hiphiphippo
April 8th, 2010, 10:08 AM
It's a pretty long story...

I love socks. a LOT.

i lol'd xD

as for my name... hip hip hurray! = hiphiphippo..? :D

Ilyu-chan
April 8th, 2010, 10:19 AM
Ilyusha is one of my favorite characters in the anime 07Ghost so I just added a -chan to the end to make it sound informal

Caelus
April 8th, 2010, 11:51 AM
Caelus was the name of the deity personifying the sky in Roman Mythology.
Thought it sounded pretty cool, wasn't Pokemon-related, and so I used it.

Izzy_
April 8th, 2010, 11:53 AM
My name is Izzy so I just added an underscore since 'Izzy' didn't meet admin requirements or was in use already

firestormx19
April 9th, 2010, 04:39 AM
well my username comes from my dbz world i made. my characters name is blaze and he uses fire type attacks. so made one called firestorm it like a sandstorm but with fire and not sand. the x in the name means times you know like timetables. and the 19 was my age want i first made this username on youtube. now the 19 is just part of the times. so it firestorm times 19. so it like if the attack power was 8,000 you would times it 19 times.

Swift!
April 9th, 2010, 04:41 AM
Swift is my favourite move in Pokemon. Simple as that.

Xairmo
April 9th, 2010, 12:21 PM
My username is an anagram of my name. It's also what my name would have been if I was a member of the Organization XIII. KH Fanboy...

JustinHolmes
April 9th, 2010, 06:31 PM
My name of course. Crazy right?

Alseatao
April 9th, 2010, 10:16 PM
My Username consists of 3 different elements melded into 1 username... I usually use this Username on all forums. Im thinking of a new name now though.

♣Gawain♣
April 9th, 2010, 10:31 PM
From one of the knights of King Arthur. Plus from another book I've read long ago, I don't remember the title of it though.

Black Twilight
April 10th, 2010, 07:29 AM
LONG HISTORY OF MY USERNAMES:

When I was young, and used Yahoo Mail (today, I use Gmail. Yay.), I had to come up with a username. I was really young at the time (and sorta stupid) so I picked zeldalover929. All because I liked Zelda (And I still do.).

Then, I joined the AIM scene. I needed an account for that, so I chose thezeldalover. (Very creative, younger self.) Then, as an alt. account, I made the thesoniclover. (See previous.)

Then I joined the Nsider forums (back when they weren't a technical support forum but a community), I needed a username for that, also. (Duh.) So I chose zelda929 as a screen name. ("zeldamc" was my username, I didn't know the difference between the two. The MC comes from Minish Cap, a game in the Zelda series.)

Then, The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess came out.

I found out about the word Twilight from that and absolutely loved it.

Thus, eviltwilight was born. (It's my Youtube username, mainly.)

I later joined the forums "Digibutter.nerr.biz" as Black Twilight. Why? It was a variation on eviltwilight, and it had a space in it.

So I now use those last two a lot. Occasionally, I use the shortened form of them, "EvTwi", "BlkTwilight", "BlkTwi", etc.

My newest username (not the one on this forum) is That Awesome. Why? Because I could say "I'm That Awesome" and always be right.

(I really need to stop using parentheses.)

Ponyta
April 10th, 2010, 07:40 AM
My name is Vania and I like team rocket. GOOD ENOUGH FOR YA?!

OokamiShipper
April 10th, 2010, 08:11 AM
Ookami...like the game...and I think it could also mean 'wolf'
And I like shipping people...I mean characters. xD

EmeraldSerenade
April 10th, 2010, 09:14 AM
its a Heartless from Kingdom Hearts 358/2 days ^^

RivalGator
April 11th, 2010, 12:04 AM
Mine is really quite simple.

I got really bored in computer class one day, and I was watching a friend of mine play a game beside me. I looked over at the screen, thinking it looked just like Devi D. from JtHM, and I asked him what game he was playing. He said, 'Red Moon'. So I decided to play it, and the main characters were Lord Hawkin and Lady Eivana. Seeing as Eivana was obviously my favorite character and rather badass, that is what I decided to name this account here.

PSI-Claus
April 11th, 2010, 01:17 AM
Well, I'm a big fan of the Earthbound series and Claus is my favourite character. PSI is just one of the terms used in Earthbound that has the same meaning as psychic or Psycho Kinetic.

Tonda
April 11th, 2010, 01:59 AM
Gwain was my favourite knight from King Arthur, lol.

Tonda is my favourite character from a german book by Otfried Preußler called Krabat. I doubt many of you have read it, but there you go. Tada, Im very unoriginal!

Its been translated to English if anyone is interested, go look up "The Satanic Mill" on wikipedia. Its not blood and gore or grossness (as the title suggests), but more a tale of friendship and black magic. I really like it, its one of my favourite books, lol.

Platina Berlitz
April 11th, 2010, 06:38 AM
Well I normally use Shadow Dove or some variation for my e-mail but Tsatoma is the name I always use for my Rp characters

Poke-Rapist
April 11th, 2010, 04:56 PM
because i rape Pokemon
obviously

Muffin™
April 11th, 2010, 04:58 PM
because i rape Pokemon
obviously

O___o

Uh... I'm going to hide my Pokemon now, 'kay? *backs up with pokemon in pokeballs*[/offtopic]

Well, my username is from what I get called at school. Muffin :B

Raikou goes RAWR
April 11th, 2010, 05:25 PM
Weeeelll...I was trying to catch raikou and he kept pissing me off cuz even after I raised a pokemon that knew mean look, which took me like a day, it used roar. And I was like WTF NOOOO! -___-

Gulpin
April 11th, 2010, 06:07 PM
Somewhere I pulled the name 'deki' out of the hat, and when I posted to change my username I wrote 'deku' because it seems to come off the tounge better. Later did I realize that it was some character in the Legend of Zelda or something. (Previous usernames) Weavile3 (my first I think) was really noobish and was when they first revealed Weavile and I thought I liked it. I don't really like it now :P. Wooper14 just because Wooper is awesome :). Sigma_Crobat because I was in a Greek mood for some reason and decided to include one of my favorites in my username. (Yay! Finally through all of the extremely newbish usernames!) Ikasu means something in Japanese, so there you go. chi-zukasi was another thing in Japanese, plus Ikasu semi-backwards (actually Isaku backwards). Then ~|symphony... I didn't really like it. It was okay at first, but ehh.. I think I went back to Ikasu or chi-zukasi sometime then, and finally deku. My favorites of all of my usernames were Ikasu, chi-zukasi, and deku.

chadgraphix
April 11th, 2010, 07:05 PM
My name is chadgraphix.

My name (IRL) is Chad. And I make graphics.

Chad + graphics = chadgraphix

...I'm such an idiot.

Illekn
April 12th, 2010, 08:55 PM
I was typing my name in a friends phone, and they keyboard was weird, this ended up showing up... it just kind of stuck.

Loki
April 13th, 2010, 05:34 PM
Loki from Fairy Tail.

I'm wholly uninterested in Norse Mythology, FYI.

mew²
April 13th, 2010, 10:11 PM
Gengar = ゲンガー

Simply the best Pokemon. Not because it's stats, but it is like me.

Gaga For Gaga
April 14th, 2010, 04:23 AM
Tried to think of something to do with Lady Gaga, so Gaga For Gaga it was! XD

AuroraHearts
April 14th, 2010, 04:48 AM
its a mix of kingdom hearts and my second name :D

Graceful
April 14th, 2010, 07:10 AM
When I Joined, I Chose The Name "Squirturtle_". Which I Made Up Of Squirtle Which Looks Like A Turtle. Pretty Lame I know. THEN I Was Named "Neo Queen Serenity" Due To My Obsession With The Sailor Moon Anime. And Then I Chose "Graceful" Very Randomly. I Was Scanning The Forum And Then Came Up With The Name After Thinking About Some Username Styles Peoples Have At PC! And Ever Since 8th Of May 2009 I've Copyrited My Username *wink*

Tyrantrum
April 14th, 2010, 07:28 AM
Well, I created this name about two years ago, actually. How I thought of it was because I was thinking why Eevee was called "Eevee" and its evolutions had "-on" at the end of their names. So, tadaa~

Also, people keep spelling my name as Eeveeon, even though it doesn't bother me much. But, it's not hard to remember spelling it as Eeveon. Think about it; its evolutions: Vaporeon, Espeon, etc.

Eevee - e + on = Eeveon. :D

April 14th, 2010, 11:27 AM
I used the last digits of my birthday

jerkyjoe
April 14th, 2010, 12:19 PM
My best friend and I were in chem one day and I was dressed up as Saturn Girl (DC Comics) (but I was Saturn Boy;) ) for Superhero Day at school and she kept calling me moon girl and stuff. Then I was being jerky I guess and she called me jerkyjoe!

hyperblast81
April 14th, 2010, 01:54 PM
Idk, it just happened one day, Im not creative and I was in 3rd grade signing up for Runescape (HUUUUGE Mistake WoW is WAAAAY Better) I liked the sound of 'Blast' and at the time I was very hyperactive... And I had to have a number so I just selected 81. and I guess it just stuck. That was a while ago, like 4 years ago...

Honest
April 14th, 2010, 02:24 PM
7th grade, in my computer lab/homeroom class, I was making my first ever email. The night before, I was watching Teen Titans, and it was the episode where Robin dressed as Red-X. Using that, I wanted to make something similar, but I didn't want to use Red-X. I thought about something similar, and the first thing that came to my mind was blood, probably since it is red. I put in Blood-X, but decided that didn't look very neat. So I experimented, and got Blood and ex for the "X" sounds. I put them together and viola, Bloodex. Well, the email was bloodex88, but hey, that's where I got my current username. And I've used it since. xD

Swolligator
April 14th, 2010, 03:08 PM
My name is Ichiro and my friend called me Raikage cause i have a bad temper... hence my name (we both like Naruto XD)

xPsychosocial
April 14th, 2010, 06:14 PM
Slipknot is one of my favourite bands, Psychosocial is one of my favourite songs of their's and I have a habit of adding random x's to usernames.

Alexithymia~
April 15th, 2010, 03:41 AM
Alexithymia - Anberlin (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-8UHZgafH7s)

There we gooo.. :3
Favourite song from one of my favourite bands.

It also means "having no words for emotions" ... I like the meaning of it.

lionrt60
April 16th, 2010, 04:30 AM
I just kinda put in random stuff to see how it worked, why lion? idk, all I knew was it sounded a bit like lionheart, oh, right, that was it, I dont know why 60 though.

The Darkest Gale
April 16th, 2010, 04:38 AM
I used to be dark aron before my current name.
I liked aron the pokemon and my friend had dark at the beginning of there name so dark-aron :D
for my current name, I don't know it was windy that day D:

The Doctor
April 16th, 2010, 05:26 AM
Phantom Of The Opera, i was mad about it

NatureKeeper
April 16th, 2010, 07:29 AM
[css-div="padding: 2px 2px 2px 2px; border-color: red blue; border-style:solid; background-color: #000000"]
I used to be PowerfulSquirtleKeeper, after my imagination that a Pokémon can reach extra-evolution after the final with a 'Power's Ring.' However, I was too into Shaymin. Squirtle and Shaymin are Grass and Water, aka Nature. So....
[/css-div]

Rich Boy Rob
April 16th, 2010, 02:47 PM
Mine is from the fact that in Emerald, in my character's secret base, the gods of coincidence managed to make me a Rich Boy about 3-4 times in a row of New Games and since me and my character's name is Robert. Hence Rich Boy Rob.

Astrotastic:D
April 16th, 2010, 11:02 PM
welll.....this one time at band camp....lol.....
thats actually where it came from!
dang i'm a nerd....
so our marching band theme was space this year
and one of our songs was called ....something astro?
and at the time my basic catchphrase was 'epic'
so my friend jon said i needed a new catchphrase
so we came up with Astro!
so he wrote it on the tip of one oof my shoes
"so you don't forget"
lol
and i wrote on the other toe 'tastic'
to make the word Astrotastic
...so as to make it an adjective...
and i've used it ever since!
llol....and i added the :D because .... yeah!

Superjub
April 17th, 2010, 11:07 AM
I just like the word "retribution." :\ Superjub came from a password from Star Wars Battlefront (I'm not a big Star Wars fan, by the way. xD) It just sounded... catchy. :) Finally, Espeon is, well, Espeon. xD

Yeah, so no big story, just words or Pokemon which I like. :\

Kotowari
April 17th, 2010, 01:07 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yamkuCSX8a8

That link says enough. :3 I loved that song, loved the sound of "Kotowari" and -after looking it up- liked the meaning of the word.
So here it is. My second username and I'm probably stuck with it forever. Not that I mind, mind you!

Nudge
April 18th, 2010, 08:04 AM
My username is my irl nickname that my best mates parents gave me years ago.
It's the name of a character from an Australian TV show called Hey Dad! who, according to my mates parents, I acted like because I was - and still am- also going over there, eating excessive amounts of food and just being downright funny XD

Reginaldvonburger
April 21st, 2010, 12:08 AM
It's my "Other" name. Reginald because he's a webcomic character, Von because it makes me sound slightly more awesome, and burger because I couldn't put "Potato" on Facebook for some reason, plus I like Burgermon.

Missingno.7-4468
April 22nd, 2010, 06:29 PM
Well, I love glitching games up, so that's how Missingno. came about. The numbers were just random, and I have no clue how I came up with it. xD

Other than this, I also use "She's a Witch!" or "Shes a Witch" depending on whether I can use other characters in usernames. Of course, that came from Monty Python's The Holy Grail.

Jake♫
April 22nd, 2010, 09:10 PM
Jake's my name, and I like music, hence Jake♫

Isn't it clever?

I HEART MEGA HITT
April 22nd, 2010, 09:20 PM
it comes from you no heart ni mega hitt... which means mega HITT in your heart. I made a promise that I would always love him and thus... I ended up with using that phrase and having "I HEART MEGA HITT" as my name. It's even my name on myspace. XD It's also my email as well and the name I use for my new photobucket. :3

Magik?!
April 23rd, 2010, 02:29 PM
I have a habit of finishing people's sentences, reading people's body language very well and 'making things happen' (saying 'I want icecream', then my friend walks in with a tub of icecream, etc). So my friends always say 'Waow! You're magic!'. At around the same time, I had coined the nickname 'Froggy', so some of my friends who also use forums and stuff, decided 'TheMagikFrog' suited me xD So then I used it on various things for a while. For PC, I just stuck with Magik?! because I felt like it at the time xD By the way. Correct way of saying it is like... in soap operas, (Eastenders etc), when a character's long-lost son appears, and they go 'JOHN?! IS THAT YOUUUU?!'. Yeah. You have to say Magik?! like that. Otherwise it's not legit.

Fxcking Tatertots
April 23rd, 2010, 06:43 PM
Fxcking, because I'm always angry [as in, "Fxcking morons!"] But I thought Fxcking would be too plain, innuendo-ridden and troll-baitish. I randomly thought of Napoleon Dynamite [the "Tatertots" part] and added that. It was an old name that leads to my MySpace profile. Haven't used it anywhere else except here, obviously.

Tater Tot
April 23rd, 2010, 07:20 PM
My whole family has called me tater tot for as long as I could remember, so I figured why not everyone else? XD

`Espeon
April 23rd, 2010, 08:35 PM
When I came up with my username, I liked Espeons, being the unoriginal person I am, I wanted to call myself Espeon. But that didn't work so after thinking for a long time, I remembered at one of the forums I used to go to had this fad where mostly every username began with `.

That's how `Espeon was born.

VulpixVixen007
April 25th, 2010, 05:07 PM
Vulpix is my favorite pokemon of all time and i am sort of a vixen.

Yusshin
April 25th, 2010, 05:09 PM
Other than this, I also use "She's a Witch!" or "Shes a Witch" depending on whether I can use other characters in usernames. Of course, that came from Monty Python's The Holy Grail.

):< Sheer awesomness! But you should start going by "The Knight Who Says "NI!""

XD

I sometimes go by Falendriel. It was a name of a character in my novel, and funny enough, it actually means what she was in the novel.

Fal = Demon Spawn
Endriel = Reported Sub-Ruler of Hell

She was the devil's daughter in the book. I abandoned that bookie, though.

Celest8
April 25th, 2010, 05:16 PM
"Celest" is really just an abbreviation of the username that I use everywhere else: "Celestial Mistress". I just kind of felt like shortening it so it would seem more casual. =)

Amaruuk
April 26th, 2010, 07:24 AM
I think it was around the very end of 2007 that I'd felt compelled to create a new account on RuneScape 'cause I was feeling nostalgic for it for some reason (so shoot me X3). By that time I'd become picky about names, especially since on there your username is your character's name, so I didn't want numbers or any nonsense like that. It took quite a while but I ended up crafting the name Kinarii, and I ended up liking it so much that the name has since spread to all the places I frequent online (PC, dA, and any new place I've joined since then). Kina is just a short form that's quicker and easier, and that I use in conjunction with other bits (like my alternate dA gallery Trainer-Kina, or Kina-tar, a Larvitar character from last year).

piece of something
April 26th, 2010, 12:23 PM
he....hehe....hehehehehehehehehehe...

it's the shortest complete description of me i can think of...

it's also probably not what you're thinking :P

.Fenris
April 26th, 2010, 08:28 PM
My current name stems from the wolf of Norse mythology.

Yuumi
April 27th, 2010, 12:23 AM
I made it up. xD Yuumi was the nickname I gave my Togepi in Soul Silver.

I was thinking for ages of a name to come up with and thought who cares? Yuumi it is!

Drakorn
April 27th, 2010, 12:57 AM
Drakorn was made in 2003 when I was playing a game called Phantasy Star Online. Dra = Dragon, k = well not sure how that got there, and orn from Unicorn. I have another name related called Draknix which is same as Drakorn however nix comes from Phoenix.

dark_ho-oh
April 27th, 2010, 04:22 AM
dark_ho-oh was a name for the Pokemon I created. I have known there was a shadow lugia many people like, But why wasnt there a shadow ho-oh?? I was a little mad because ho-oh is one of my favorite pokemon. So I decided that I would sprite a shadow ho-oh. When I was done, The name shadow ho-oh didn't seem right so I thought up dark_ho-oh.

ReddishDegree
April 27th, 2010, 02:20 PM
My old username was Bad2Grim which I have no idea why i picked that but i was using it on most sites and it was my email. So when I got a new xbox360 (My old one got red ring) I decided to get another xbox membership and I couldn't think of a name so it gave me the suggestion 'ReddishDegree' so i took it and name changes for PC came out so i changed it to ReddishDegree. Kinda stupid. :P

Mack911
May 24th, 2010, 10:31 AM
i made it up when i was 9, and im still using it

MikieJo
May 24th, 2010, 02:37 PM
I came up mine when nuthin else worked my name is mikie so mikiejo

Alinthea
May 24th, 2010, 03:19 PM
I love football = Fabio (England Manager)
I loved COD = Captain (In the general sense)

Thus was born 'Captain Fabio'.

Arriex
May 24th, 2010, 04:26 PM
It was a name that came up with I first started to play MMOs. It was one of the names that come up when you hit "random."

Ever since then, it has stuck with me, and I use it for most gaming things.

PkMnTrainer Yellow
May 24th, 2010, 05:09 PM
My name is of a character from the PokeSpecial manga xD

kasumi_chan_x
May 24th, 2010, 06:24 PM
Well, I made this username when I was 13...if I had the choice now it wouldn't be what it is.

The Kasumi part came from Misty's Japanese name (Kasumi). As for the chan part, I added that because I was pretty lame back then and thought adding chan would be all cute and stuffs' /fail.

Not sure where the _x part came into this all.....

ThePinkDragon
May 24th, 2010, 06:30 PM
I saw a sprite of a pink Dragonair. That's it. :)

Emlam
May 25th, 2010, 12:38 PM
Someone guessed my name. They guessed it wrong. This was their guess. :P

Reddo
May 25th, 2010, 04:07 PM
Hm... I was seeing Bulbapedia's description about Red and noticed his japanese name.
It is said there: "レッド Red "Since it's impossible to get that lone "d" in japanese writing, they use some adaptation from their characters. So, I went to check the real pronunciation of that, without the adaptation.

So... I seached for the souds of each character...

レ - Re
ッ - "Doubles" the next consonant
ド - Do

So... Reddo!

It was nearly one month before I join PC.

yung_link
May 25th, 2010, 04:14 PM
i got my username from the legend of zelda, plus young link was my fav char on melee as well. i didnt just want my user name 2 b young link tho, so with a clever, or idiotic alteration on the word "young", yung_link was born. simple as that.

kokopuffchan
May 25th, 2010, 04:49 PM
a while back, i joined a forum and used the alias komachi matsumoto. i took the nickname ko from that. then, everyone wanted to have special nicknames for me, like koala, hot koko, kokonut, etc. a few called me koko puffs, so kokopuffchan was born. <3

Aether
May 25th, 2010, 04:56 PM
I was playing Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance at the time, and I thought it sounded cool. Then I learned that it is also the mythical fifth classical element, which is also pretty cool. To this day I'm somewhat surprised that the name wasn't taken at the time.

x Necromorph x
May 26th, 2010, 02:17 PM
Mine is an alien from Dead Space

Kon~
May 26th, 2010, 02:31 PM
Wow... the story of the username...
Brace yourselves for mine.

My original username for everything was simply my name plus my age, because I was young, unimaginative and slightly boring. After realising the online risks of using such a name, I began trying to think of new ways to identify myself. At the time, I was gaining an interest in Japanese culture, and decided that a Japanese name would be preferred despite the fact that now I can see how cheesy and tacky it can be seen as. I also used the honorifics a lot and put random Japanese words into my posts. It embarasses me so much now. After a little research using Google Translate, I thought of the name Neko (meaning cat). Of course, that was a word well known, so I went for the younger form, Koneko and thus a cliché was born. Are you starting to see it yet? On a couple of sites, this worked fine, but later, that name was taken too by people who also wanted to use a commonly known Japanese word as a name, so I added a PR (standing for Phantom Reaper - hey, don't judge me. I was young (13). :p ) and became PRKoneko. All well and good. Then I started shortening it to Kon, or PRKon, or Kon~. And the last such case is the one I use today :) and on a few other sites, I'm known as Koko. Which is Koneko without the 'ne'. And yeah, on one site, I am Koko-chan. Feel free to judge me now. -.-;;

I actually can add more to this now, as can be seen in bold. And, um... that's the story of my life. :D

Sacr3d Fire
May 26th, 2010, 02:32 PM
Mine come from the move sacred fire that HO-oh had in pokemon gold and silver.

beca
May 27th, 2010, 09:33 AM
It's my name. =]
I wasn't expecting it to be untaken, though.

Ashdejan
May 27th, 2010, 12:38 PM
When i went to a pokemon online rpg site i tried using Ash it was taken they i tried my name which is Dejan taken too then i came up with the idea to fuse them and thats how i got Ashdejan.

mondays suck
May 27th, 2010, 12:46 PM
http://knowfirst.files.wordpress.com/2009/08/mini-posters-garfield-mondays-suck-330314.jpg
Basically this. And the fact that monday is my least favorite day. Well, it was before I started having school until the evening (sports...) on thursdays.

Left4Dead
May 27th, 2010, 01:01 PM
Well, everyone will love my story of how I got my very original and creative username....

It was the game I couldn't stop playing at the time I joined this website haha.
I no longer play it as much and wish I had chosen something different now ;)

Gold warehouse
May 27th, 2010, 01:27 PM
http://i47.tinypic.com/xp8pz8.gif Vendak No.08001066

It was simply the name that the 12 year old version of me came up with in my head when I was trying to think of a username to use on a computer game. I just stuck with it ever since. Although I tend to use the name Verslie when registering new accounts now.

Alkaide
May 28th, 2010, 07:14 AM
I got my name after having a chat with Derozio here~

It was really time consuming.

KejiBebi
May 28th, 2010, 01:17 PM
Hmm Keji is japanese for fire and Bebi is japanese for baby.
I combined them together to create "FireBaby" (although the context is probably severely off because I don't take Japanese classes, but thats okay)

And I got FireBaby from my little buddy growing in my belly. :] His name will be Aiden which means "fiery" or "little fire" and he will be a baby, so yeah those got combined. And I think Japanese is the best and cutest sounding language so there ya go. :D

Umbreon_
May 28th, 2010, 02:20 PM
My username? : 3

I could say it's pretty obvious that it came from the pokemon named Umbreon. ^_^

Anti_Secret
May 28th, 2010, 02:26 PM
My username..... whenever there was a question I was and wasn't able to answer, I answered by simply saying it was an anti-secret. People call me mysterious for that, since I use it a lot.

~GodricGryffindor9~
May 28th, 2010, 02:42 PM
My first user name ( Lucas Spengal ) Was because I put the name of the D/P/Pt male hero with the last name I made. My second username ( StaraptorX ) Was because I had fallen in love with staraptor ( Design and such, its an awesome bird ) and whats the only thing that makes something cool even cooler? Adding the letter X to the end. XD

My current username is because I had finished the Harry Potter series just about a month before my name was changed. So I put the name of one of the four founders of Hogwarts ( Godric Gryffindor ) Added a number to the end, and put small decorations on each end: ~.

Ineffable~
June 6th, 2010, 08:26 PM
I got this name from my pair at the time, Alexithymia~, whose first name change on this forum was "Ineffable". It was really fun at the time to confuse people, although nobody knows her as "Ineffable" any more. D= Still, I'm proud of this username. It's nice. =D It's also one of my favourite words to begin with.

Lucy Lu
June 6th, 2010, 09:13 PM
It is a nickname that everyone calls me sometimes. When we had to change our usernames for the final time, I wanted to go back to my real name. But it got taken. :( So this was my best bet. Just add the "Lu" to it.

aribradshaw2
June 6th, 2010, 09:25 PM
by delving deep into the world of XD001 and PIKACHU and finally, BAKUGAN (the worst thing ever)
lol, ma name

Shiari Xero
June 6th, 2010, 09:44 PM
Well my name goes way back to the days of FFVII/VIII, i was always creating unique names for my characters, and one day i was thinking of a name and "Zero" came to mind, but it felt plain. So i altered it and and Xero was born.

Then in 2008 when i first started getting into forums, the first one i joined, i tried "Xero" but it was taken. and ive always hated numbers after the usernames, so after thinking awhile, i couldnt figure out anything, and then i randomly punched in letters and somehow got Shiari. and i thought it looked cool, so i took it and added Xero on and boom there it was xD

adventure
June 7th, 2010, 12:36 AM
I came up with my username by chatting and joking around with my best PC mate some years ago. We wanted to change our names to match each others, but we didn't in the end.

That was long time ago, but now the last time I changed my name I came to think of one of the crazy long usernames I had come up with back then, and since I've never had a long wierd username before, I thought I'd try it. And now I don't think I'm gonna change back into Fables or the likes again.

And yes, it's obviously a pun on a certain music band, as well as the original Pokémon Special Manga character, some hawtness, some chibiness and a bunch of Pokémon. Neat, in other words.

Eldrei
June 7th, 2010, 12:39 AM
My username was from my nickname. Pretty sweet huh?

Flashpoint
June 7th, 2010, 01:34 AM
I got it from FFXIII!
So Snow I am!

Zoroark-Nightmare
June 7th, 2010, 05:50 AM
This is sort of a long story...

Okay, I was watching phantom of the opera.
Then the main character started singing:
Think of me,
Think of me fondly,

and I thought that sounded like:
It is,
the beautiful nightmare,

(the song beautiful nightmare)
So:

Zoroark-Nightmare.
And I got tired of the old name + waiting vms..
and I thought this name was cool.

Shake
June 7th, 2010, 05:54 AM
Sidney
pHoebe
glAcia
draKe
stevEn

Blue Nocturne
June 7th, 2010, 06:57 AM
My username? Well... I like Demyx... and blue... and music.

Fujitsu
June 7th, 2010, 08:36 AM
It's the company that made my keyboard. Nothing more, nothing less. I could have been named Gatorade if I had just looked the other direction.

Ashguard
June 8th, 2010, 07:10 AM
Hmm, I'm pretty sure it's because it was part of such a horrendously bad joke I saw on a Youtube video before that it ended up being so bad it was hilarious. Not so bad it's good, pffft no, but so bad that the joke itself is hilarious to laugh at. It was an RPG Maker thing with this guy named Ash who was a boss fight, and it turned out after the fight, that he was the guard of the king of Ashguard. So, uh, yeah.

TheReal
June 8th, 2010, 10:49 AM
From 'keep it REAL' of Ali-G. I saw the movie just before I register here.

Starling008
June 8th, 2010, 10:58 AM
Starling sounds like a superhero's name, lol, and 8 is my lucky number.

NOOBLMAO
June 8th, 2010, 02:47 PM
Where? From the deep, dark recesses of my corrupted mind.

ChrisTom
June 8th, 2010, 04:35 PM
*lights shine and glorius music is heard*

BEHOLD THE MOST BORING USERNAME EVER!!OMGWTFBBQ!!

I got mine because I have a long name: "Christopher Thomas (ERROR 407 INSERT NORWEGIAN SOUNDING NAME HERE)". I've been called "Tom" for most of my life though, as my mom didn't want to call me Christopher as a baby and called me "Tommy" until I was 5. So ChrisTom seemed simple, quick, and easy to remember.

sandeon
June 8th, 2010, 08:56 PM
thought it would be a cool eeveelution.

Charliezard
June 8th, 2010, 09:44 PM
Charlie and Charizard made into one cuz it works just too damn well, Charliezard ftw.
Onvoloper was my first username, I got that from looking around for influence and saw some Envelopes... And Envoloper was born, then when I screwed up my stats in MapleStory I needed a new character (I forgot my birthday to delete the character) and Onvoloper was my choice.
They're the two usernames I've used for any length of time.

Tranitar
June 9th, 2010, 09:21 AM
Cuz tyranitar ownz but that was take so Tranitar was bornnnn

BlazingShadow
June 9th, 2010, 10:17 PM
Well for me I am the only Shadow that Blaze in the Darkness so thats why my username was BlazingShadow hehe.

vizarod
February 5th, 2012, 05:58 PM
Mine randomly popped into my head one day. I was drawing a girl in a kimono that I saw somewhere and I was trying to think of a name for her, and Vizarod just came to me. Her whole name is Ritze Vizarod :P

Livewire
February 5th, 2012, 08:10 PM
... Please don't revive old, dead threads. Re-read the Pokecommunity & Other Chat rules please.

*Locked*