PDA

View Full Version : Kingdom Hearts Discussion

GaggliusHacks
March 26th, 2010, 12:19 PM
ive played all the games (except BBS) and enjoyed them all 358 days is fun!

ソラ
March 26th, 2010, 12:21 PM
Um thats nice.

I've played all of them including Birth By Sleep.

TrinityLimit
March 26th, 2010, 02:10 PM
random thread much? lol.
great game. currently replaying 358/2 right now. i have no idea why o_o

SuperBeano11
March 26th, 2010, 05:39 PM
God Gotta Love Kingdom Hearts

GaggliusHacks
March 27th, 2010, 08:09 PM
I know how to use DUAL WIELD roxas in mission mode!
you need:
zero gear (moogle after you beat the game)
and 3 ability units (one from the moogle one from mission 15 and the other from....mission 30-something...lol)
and in mission mode you can dual wield! but its not as straong as it was in mission 93 :( (last boss)

ソラ
March 28th, 2010, 11:21 AM
^ not that hard to get really. >_>.
and it isnt that strong compared to the Kingdom Key+.

GaggliusHacks
March 28th, 2010, 11:49 PM
Actually the kingdom key+ has 124 power DW roxas has 110!
but its still pretty cool to use ^^

ソラ
March 29th, 2010, 01:32 AM
exactly thats why i said it isnt that strong compared to the Kingdom Key+
if you liked using DW, than play KHII and be Final Form. >_>

Editman
March 29th, 2010, 01:56 AM
Love the series, althought i hate 358/2. lol that game gives me a headache

ソラ
March 29th, 2010, 02:03 AM
358 days over 2 is an awesome game.
Birth By Sleep imo is far better. but I say Days has one heck of a storyline tho :D
So does Birth By Sleep.

Editman
March 29th, 2010, 02:22 AM
I don't have a psp so i can't get bbs.

Every time i go to do a mission on days, i get a terrible headache To much darkness lls

ソラ
March 29th, 2010, 02:25 AM
Have you finished Days?

- I had to do Days 3 times.

1 - in Japanese
2 - Started over since my file got deleted, but I beat it after I started over.
3 - Beat it in English. :3

Editman
March 29th, 2010, 02:39 AM
Nope i haven't i'm not even sure where i am on that game anymore, and it's a shame cause i was highly anticipating it. It's the only reason i got a DS.

ソラ
March 29th, 2010, 02:41 AM
Well use that DS to play it.
Once you beat, you'll love it at the end. seriously. such a good game. specially the story mode, I know its frustrating, but once you finish it, you'll probably like it. I highly recommend playing it.

GaggliusHacks
March 29th, 2010, 02:47 AM
te gaphics in 358...dadadadada are really good for the ds!

ソラ
March 29th, 2010, 03:06 AM
Graphics don't make the game. Why do people care too much about graphics, its the storyline, and Gameplay I like. Graphics wow. Play Super Mario 3. thats is such a good game, and yet the graphics..wait have none >_>.

Storm_has_formed
March 29th, 2010, 12:29 PM

I love kingdom hearts, but I do not like days much. The story is the only thing keeping me going! :(

perfectmonster
March 29th, 2010, 03:41 PM
i have played every game and finished them except 385/2 days which COMPLETLY SUCKED :P Does anyone know when Birth By Sleep is coming out and if there is any news on a Kingdom Hearts 3?

ソラ
March 29th, 2010, 03:54 PM
1] 358/2 Days did NOT suck. It's very well made game.

2]Kingdom Hearts Birth By Sleep is coming this summer, That was Square-enix said on their official website.

3]Kingdom Hearts 3 is in the making, but first Nomura wants to release a Kingdom Hearts game every year, he is making 2 more Kingdom Hearts games before releasing KH3.

Cherrim
March 29th, 2010, 04:04 PM
Actually, to be quite honest, I probably would've really disliked 358/2 a LOT if I weren't such a diehard KH fan. The actual gameplay (fighting) was really good but the mission set up? Urgh, it was really repetitive and the fact that in order to get complete you have to do missions a minimum of 2-3 times was pretty horrible. :(

spike6958
March 31st, 2010, 06:03 PM

2]Kingdom Hearts Birth By Sleep is coming this summer, That was Square-enix said on their official website.

3]Kingdom Hearts 3 is in the making, but first Nomura wants to release a Kingdom Hearts game every year, he is making 2 more Kingdom Hearts games before releasing KH3.

Do you mean BBS and Coded as the two KH games coming before KH3, or is there something else in the works, also KH3 might be further away because you have to remember that Nomura's team is also working on Final Fantasy Versus XIII, and Square-Enix want that released this year.

Anyway I have LOVED KH so far but to be honest I dunno if I'll buy another KH game, I was so looking forward to getting RE:Chain of Memories for the PS2 but Square-Enix screwed me by not releasing it in the UK.

ソラ
March 31st, 2010, 06:25 PM
No BBS and Coded arent the 2 im talking about.

He is releasing 2 other KH's and he wants to release a KH game every year.
So, he is releasing a new KH this year, or next year according to every year.
and KH3, would make it 3 new KH games. :3

perfectmonster
March 31st, 2010, 06:29 PM

It DID suck, because of a lot of reasons.

1. The graphics were some of the worst i've ever seen, even for a DS game. Dodgy outlines and movements. If you look at the Keyblade when it's in Roxas' hands, its actually 2D, as thin as paper.
2. The storyline never advanced, you spent the whole time doing boring missions that you have to do 3 times over.
3. The Heartless were just plain stupid. They couldnt be bothered making new ones, so they just made larger, different colourd versions of old ones.
4. You had to wait for ages for something new to happen.
5. The Keyblade system was crap. They shouldn't have bothered with all of these attatchment thingies. They're completely screwed over, and there isnt enough space to put more that a few on there.
6. The storyline in itself is boring and tasteless compared to the other games in the series. This game just recycles old characters, worlds, enemies and stuff like that. They couldn't be screwed to make a new main character! (And Roxas isn't a new main character, he is another recycled one as well. His role should have ended with Kingdom Hearts 2.)

I think it was a bad idea to put such a great series into the Nintendo DS. It just doesn't belong there. It was meant for the television :P All in all, I think it was an http://fc03.deviantart.com/fs45/f/2009/072/2/9/FREE_ICON__Epic_Fail_by_chibi_jak.gif But thats my opinion.

But I am looking forward to Birth By Sleep. And it ISN'T coming out in summer because summer finished at the end of January.

ソラ
March 31st, 2010, 06:34 PM

1. The graphics were some of the worst i've ever seen, even for a DS game. Dodgy outlines and movements. If you look at the Keyblade when it's in Roxas' hands, its actually 2D, as thin as paper.
2. The storyline never advanced, you spent the whole time doing boring missions that you have to do 3 times over.
3. The Heartless were just plain stupid. They couldnt be bothered making new ones, so they just made larger, different colourd versions of old ones.
5. The Keyblade system was crap. They shouldn't have bothered with all of these attatchment thingies. They're completely screwed over, and there isnt enough space to put more that a few on there.
6. The storyline in itself is boring and tasteless compared to the other games in the series. This game just recycles old characters, worlds, enemies and stuff like that. They couldn't be screwed to make a new main character! (And Roxas isn't a new main character, he is another recycled one as well. His role should have ended with Kingdom Hearts 2.)

I think it was a bad idea to put such a great series into the Nintendo DS. It just doesn't belong there. It was meant for the television :P All in all, I think it was an http://fc03.deviantart.com/fs45/f/2009/072/2/9/FREE_ICON__Epic_Fail_by_chibi_jak.gif But thats my opinion.

But I am looking forward to Birth By Sleep. And it ISN'T coming out in summer because summer finished at the end of January.
Well thats your opinion for one.
two, Graphics dosnt make the game. the storyline does, & gameplay. and Days has a good storyline.

and Btw, you live in a different area. in NORTH AMERICA it's coming out this SUMMER, and SUMMER starts June 21st.

Cherrim
April 1st, 2010, 03:55 AM

...seriously? :| It had to have the best 3D graphics I've ever seen in a DS game. Not only could it handle a lot of things on screen at once, it could do it in multiplayer with minimal lag. No, the character models weren't perfect but they were damn nice for a DS game that didn't cop-out and use 2D sprites. (Not that sprites aren't a good medium on the DS--far from it--but Days did a lot to prove that the DS is capable of so much more.)
True. The game had a lot of pacing issues.
Protip: They've kind of been doing that the whole series. :s
This is point #2 all over again.
I thought it was amazing, tbh. You get some puzzle elements in there that actually make you THINK about what you're equipping, and then you have to balance items with magic with other things. It's both interesting and effective. And so easily customizable in multiplayer mode. I cannot agree with you whatsoever on this point. It requires far more skill and thought to equip yourself in this game compared to any other game in the series (with the possible exception of COM).
What... exactly were you expecting from this game? :| Were you expecting a huge masterpiece like KH1 and KH2 on a system as limited (in comparison) as the DS? This was a handheld spinoff game. While it's definitely related to the main plot of KH, it is still nothing but a side story. You don't need to play it to understand the bigger plot. So of course it has a "throwaway" storyline. It was a retconned game. The game with new characters, worlds, enemies, etc. was never meant to be Days. The whole point of Days was to invoke nostalgia and memories, not to be something new. Honestly, all your complaints make it sound like you expected Days to be BBS which it is not. They're two separate games, made by two separate game developers, and with two separate directions. :/

And anyway, I don't think Days would be very appealing if it didn't have familiar faces in it. If it weren't for the fact that it so appeals to fans of the Organization and those who want more of Sora/Roxas's story, it would just be an okay game with the Kingdom Hearts brand slapped on and that... would definitely give us room for complaint. But the game that resulted from Days? It was pretty good.

perfectmonster
April 1st, 2010, 04:17 AM
Well thats your opinion for one.
two, Graphics dosnt make the game. the storyline does, & gameplay. and Days has a good storyline.

and Btw, you live in a different area. in NORTH AMERICA it's coming out this SUMMER, and SUMMER starts June 21st.

I think I touched a nerve! :P

What... exactly were you expecting from this game? :| Were you expecting a huge masterpiece like KH1 and KH2 on a system as limited (in comparison) as the DS? This was a handheld spinoff game. While it's definitely related to the main plot of KH, it is still nothing but a side story. You don't need to play it to understand the bigger plot. So of course it has a "throwaway" storyline. It was a retconned game. The game with new characters, worlds, enemies, etc. was never meant to be Days. The whole point of Days was to invoke nostalgia and memories, not to be something new. Honestly, all your complaints make it sound like you expected Days to be BBS which it is not. They're two separate games, made by two separate game developers, and with two separate directions. :/

Ok, I admit that my arguement has some soft spots, and I fully understand that I am wrong about some things. But that's just my opinion, so dont take it personally! :) So, new subject, what character would you guys like to be in the games and why? I'd like to be Riku, because he is smooth and cool and has some kickass ninja moves. But so does Sora! :D

GaggliusHacks
April 1st, 2010, 10:39 AM
well its a reallly good game so what?
the graphics are awesome especially for the DS
the battle system is the same as the PS2 versions (not the same to say from KH:COM)
there are new enemies.....some arent all thaat original but yeah
so to sum it up for me its 9.5/10

Izanagi
April 8th, 2010, 03:51 PM
What worlds do you think will be in Kingdom Hearts III? I hope for a world based off of The Hunchback of Notre Dame. It'd be called "Notre Dame" of course!

Kingdom Hearts III: Notre Dame (The Hunchback of Notre Dame)

Sora, Donald, and Goofy arrive in Paris, just in time to be made a mockery of at the Festival of Fools. As they celebrate, the fun is ruined by Frollo’s initiation of a city-wide hunt for gypsies. They notice a woman, Esmeralda, surrounded by soldiers. Sora and company go in to help, and initially defeat the soldiers, but then, Heartless appear in their stead, eventually overpowering our heroes in numbers, until Quasimodo arrives, beats off the Heartless, and lead Sora, Donald, Goofy, and Esmeralda away into Notre Dame.

Once there, Sora and company are introduced to Quasi’s friends, the gargoyles, but are soon forced to retreat out of the window, (partaking in a mini-game consisting of sledding down the roofs of Paris), while Quasimodo is harassed by Frollo. Meanwhile in the streets, Sora and Esmeralda go their separate ways, as Esmeralda claims that she has to return to a friend who is in desperate need of her, but not before giving Sora a necklace with a cross in the middle and a dot to the right. Sora and the gang then go off to return to their search for the keyhole (if they happen to be looking for keyholes in the game). With no other lead, Goofy suggests that the necklace is a map of some sort and that maybe the dot could be where the keyhole is; but they don’t know the geography of the city that well, so they return to Quasi for help. After battling their way back to Notre Dame through soldiers and Heartless, they are attacked by Quasimodo (Boss Battle)! After restraining Quasi, they find that for all of his life, Quasimodo has been manipulated by Frollo, and this time, Frollo instructed Quasimodo to dispose of Sora and friends for assisting Esmeralda. Quasi realizes that his loyalty to Frollo may be misguided, and agrees to lead Sora and friends through the city. (Quasimodo rejoins the party)

The team arrives at their designation, the Court of Miracles, only to be tied and gagged by gypsies. Sora and friends find that they have found the Court of Miracles, the gypsy hideout. Esmeralda arrives, along with a friend, Phoebus, and vouches for the four of them. Suddenly, Frollo arrives, apparently following Sora and company, and arrests everyone, planning to burn them all in town square.

The next day, Sora uses the Keyblade to unlock his cage and escape, and releases everyone else. Enraged by his failure, Frollo allows himself to be engulfed by the Heartless, and spreads Hellfire throughout the city of Paris, and Sora, Donald, Goofy, and Quasimodo go in to apprehend him, as the battle makes it’s way to the top of Notre Dame (Boss Battle). Sora and friends attempt to spare Frollo, but the judge tries to attack once more, but the ground beneath him gives out, as he plunges to the ground below. Esmeralda and Phoebus arrive after the battle, as the city of Paris praises their heroes from below; the necklace Esmeralda gave to Sora rises up into the air, and begins glowing. Sora does his thing and fires a beam from his Keyblade sealing, or opening, the keyhole.

The team says their goodbyes to everyone, and parts ways, but not before Phoebus gives Sora a keychain that makes a Keyblade called the “Bell of Notre Dame”.

XxRoxasxX
April 11th, 2010, 06:37 PM
who here would like a hack of firered based off of kingdom hearts?

shookie
April 11th, 2010, 07:25 PM
Ooohhh Kingdom Hearts, how I love and hate you.

I recently picked up both KH and KH2 after not playing them for at least a year, and managed to realize that I had somehow become insanely better at it (which I can only blame on my MMORPG addiction during that year). I'm pretty sure I'll always love that one scene in KH2...
...where Riku, Sora and Kairi all get reunited. I have friends that are very into the Sora/Riku pairing, but man, Sora/Kairi is just all kinds of adorable imo. That entire scene made me squeal like a little girl.

I ended up buying 358/2 aaaand didn't like it that much. The gameplay bothered me, the graphics bugged me (especially the stupid camera control), and I just find it hard to get into it. After a while it seemed very redundant. I think it's easier for me, as a video game player, to get into the story when the characters actually "act" things out, rather than simple one-expression faces with the same voice clip repeated over and over. I'm still on the uh...the boss with the mechanical arms where you have to hit the arms then hit the body. That guy.

I will say that I do enjoy running around shooting things as Xigbar, even if I can't hit the broad side of a barn with his weapons.

ソラ
April 11th, 2010, 08:15 PM
I love this game.
I love LOVE LOOOOOVE this game.

people did dislike Days, but not me, I loved it.
But people I will say, BBS will be good :D, look forward to it. I'm looking forward to the new stuff added to the American release :D